|At any one of the many birthday parties celebrated at the Burrow, there are always discussions of one kind or another. And if George is in the group, he usually can change the discussion to pranks or a new WWW product. One particular discussion involving Harry & Ginny, Ron & Hermione, Neville & Luna, and George & his current girlfriend, got a little heated about who was really the best prankster. So a challenge was issued forth.|
The Challenge is to write a story involving:
1. One and/or “two-person” teams in the group must pull a prank on another one or “two- person” team in the group. Example, if Hermione and Neville team up, they have to prank someone or a “two-person” team. That means there will be between 4 to 8 pranks pulled, depending on how many two-person teams there are.
2. If two people make a team, we must know who they are before the start of the pranking war. Couples may NOT team up, no Harry/Ginny or Neville/Luna, etc.
3. The planned pranks must be quantified or documented somehow; we need to know who is going to do what so we know it happened the way it’s supposed to.
4. Other people outside the group may innocently help or assist as requested but may not know why or that it involves a prank.
5. One planned prank is to go wrong and backfire on the pranksters or prank the wrong person(s).
6. Two pranks, successful or not, must be the center of the story. The outcome must be discussed somehow and the winner(s) get some kind of award.
7. The time frame is after everybody has completed school and the pranking must be done during a specifically stated three month period.
1. All general submission rules apply. Stories over 10,000 words are discouraged but not prohibited. R-rated stories are allowed but discouraged. Judges are not required to read stories over 10,000 words or any R-rated stories.
2. All entries must be submitted under Prank Wars Challenge (2009-5) category and be submitted by midnight Saturday October 31, 2009.
3. Multiple chapters are allowed as long as all the requirements are in the chapter(s) that are submitted by the deadline. Completed stories are preferred.
4. The categories for judging are Best Overall, Best Prank, Best Humor, and Most Elaborate.
Bonus phrases for extra creativity are the following. Using any or all of them is not required. A good, creative story will always count much stronger than any bonus.
1. "They won't know what hit them."
2. “Ready? ......... Now!"
3. “This may even top the Marauders!”
4. “Well, that wasn't supposed to happen.”
5. “I told you not to touch your tongue to that!”
6. “I love you! Now come closer! I want to kill you!”
PS: This Challenge is based mostly on a suggestion by Zapatorf. I hope I did it justice.