|Mrs. Ginny Potter goes to St. Mungo’s to confirm she is pregnant with their first child. But due to an incident at the hospital, she has to leave without knowing the results. By accident, the results are sent to her husband by owl and not to her. A very excited Harry plans to do something special to celebrate the blessed event with his wife.|
This Challenge is a song fic, ”You’re Having My Baby”, written and recorded as a duet by popular Canadian music singer Paul Anka with female vocalist Odia Coats. The Challenge is to write a story with:
1. Following the lyrics of the song in mind. If used in part or in whole, the lyrics do not count as part of the minimum 1000 words.
2. Harry plans and celebrates the event with his wife; takes Ginny out to dinner, a getaway trip, romantic evening, a surprise, whatever….
3. The typical baby stuff is discussed; names, planning a baby’s room, announcing to the world, etc.
4. All the early pregnancy symptoms start to happen to Ginny and shared with Harry.
1. All general submission rules apply. Stories over 10,000 words are discouraged but not prohibited. R-rated stories are allowed but discouraged. Judges are not required to read stories over 10,000 words or any R-rated stories.
2. All entries must be submitted under You're Having My Baby Challenge (2010-1) sub-category of SIYE Challenges and be submitted by midnight Sunday, February 28, 2010.
3. Multiple chapters are allowed as long as all the requirements are in the chapter(s) that are submitted by the deadline. Completed stories are preferred.
4. The categories for judging are Best Overall, Romance, Husband/Wife Discussion, and Best Celebration.
Bonus phrases for extra creativity are the following. Using any or all of them is not required. A good, creative story will always count much stronger than any bonus.
1. “[Blank] is always better with a good cup of hot chocolate.”
2. “See…it’s not so easy to [blank].”
3. “If I had a Knut for every time he’s/she’s [blank].”
4. “Maybe putting a big ribbon on the [blank] wasn’t such a great idea.”
5. “You really had to see a Healer after [blanking]? Imagine that.”
6. “Since when can [blanks] speak?”