Pending official approval, GinnyWeasley777 and GHL have agreed to assume the mantle of SIYE challenge coordination.
Normally, the new challenge cycle would have started on July 1, however GW & GL have proposed to instead announce the next challenge on August 1, and to plan to run three challenges every year, on four month cycles (start dates of August 1, Dec. 1 and April 1).
Here's an example of how a proposed challenge cycle would run:
- Aug. 1. New challenge topic is announced
- Nov. 15 Submission deadline; judging begins
- Dec. 1 Winners are announced, and the next new challenge topic is revealed
Tentatively, we would like to have an ongoing solicitation for new challenge topics within the News forum... starting right now! Below are a few of the topics discussed in last month's challenge News item. Please either tell us which one(s) you enjoy most either as a reader or an authour, or else please suggest new candidates!
Running List of Possible Topics
1. James and Lily Potter are still alive. Write a brief story involving the two of them meeting Ginny.
2. Lily Luna decides she's had enough of living under her parent's spotlight and takes off to another country. She doesn't tell anyone where she's gone.
3. Harry and Ginny go out on a bender. The next morning they notice that something is missing... Uh oh...
4. Write about a place that is special to Harry and Ginny.
5. Write about a secret source of tensions at the Burrow
6. Years into their marriage, Ginny discovers something surprising about Harry.
7. James, Albus and Lily Luna are throwing a long-anticipated retirement party for their illustrious parents. Help everyone celebrate with some stories of our two hero's extraordinary and unconventional careers.
8. Harry ran away for all the wrong reasons. Ginny has finally tracked him down. What happens next?
9. Someone is going on a magical creature hunt. The challenge would be to tell why they are hunting the creature, do they find it, and tell about the journey.
10. Seeing names on the Potter Family tapestry left Harry with more questions than answers. He begins to do some research. What interesting stories does he uncover?
11. Really wicked topic suggested by *you*