We at SIYE are thrilled to mark Albus Severus Potter's first ride on the Hogwarts Express this morning! Cheers, little fellow -- it will all work out, yeah?
Challenge 2017-3 Update:
We're off to a roaring start. Welsh Green, or Hungarian Horntail you ask? Nay, the roaring is all the applause for two great stories already in the mill, and hopefully more to come!
A special note: we received a question about whether it is permissible for an author to submit two stories to the same challenge? The answer is that, to the best of our research, nobody ever said no (and indeed the Hemmingway 6 challenges actively encouraged multiple entries) so all writers with multiple beastly tales are welcome to contribute them!
By way of reminder, the topic for Challenge 2017-3 is Somebody is going on a magical creature hunt -- tell us about it! Categories for the challenge include 'Most Adventuresome', 'Most Unexpected' and 'Best Overall'. Stories must be submitted by midnight, Nov. 15, in order for award announcements to be made on Dec. 1. The strict requirement that stories focus on Harry/Ginny is relaxed for this challenge, although it's impossible to deny that HG stories are always real crowd pleasers.
Let's Begin Voting for 2018-1 Topics:
- Years into their marriage, Ginny discovers something surprising about Harry. Tell us about it.
- By accident, Harry and Ginny stumble upon a hidden Portkey and are swept away. What happens next, and how do they get back?
- Harry has never been abroad before. His first trip is with Ginny. Where do they go, and why?
- In the rubble of the final battle, Harry and Ginny both think that the other has perished. What do they do?
- Harry secretly discovers that the Mirror of Erised can be used for time travel! Ginny secretly learns the same thing, and both begin using the mirror, without realising that the other is doing so too. Oi, there's a recipe for trouble!
- Harry's and Ginny's hectic lifestyles come to a screeching halt when one of them suffers a debilitating accident. How will things change as the couple adjusts to a slow recovery?
Please let us know your preferences! Please also feel free to make new suggestions, which will be added to the above list.