As previously announced, the topic for Challenge 2018-2 is: Tis the Valentines feast at Hogwarts, and something is odd. The pumpkin juice tastes suspiciously good, and all who drink it are behaving strangely. Uh oh.
Awards will be made for Most Humourous, Most Unexpected, Best Overall, and People's Choice. Completed stories must be submitted by midnight, July 15, in order for award announcements to be made on August 1.
Please note rules for challenge stories: submissions must be stand-alone stories that are marked as complete by deadline; stories must be shorter than 20,000 words; R-rated stories are discouraged, and judges are not required to read them.
Finally, please use this space to cast your votes for the 2018-3 challenge topic. Additional suggestions are highly encouraged (the list could use some freshening) but prior vote-getters include:
- Years into their marriage, Ginny discovers something surprising about Harry. Tell us about it.
- Auntie Muriel announces that she will take her tea at the Burrow next Sunday. Excuses fly as everyone tries to avoid attending. Will anyone escape?
- A debilitating accident brings Harry's and Ginny's hectic schedules to a screeching halt. How will things change as the couple adjusts to a slow recovery?
- Harry has never been abroad before. His first trip is with Ginny. Where do they go, and why?
- Late at night, a hooded stranger appears at Harry's bed and casts a spell. Another does the same to Ginny. The mysterious pair meets in the Common Room. After a kiss, they whisper, "That’s done. Now, for the great adventure." What happens next?
- Times are tense at Grimmauld Place... until Sirius and Lupin start sharing tales of old Marauder Pranks. Suitably inspired, Harry and/or Ginny (you choose) decide(s) to liven things up with a bit of their own mischief.