This is mostly the same message I posted ten days ago, but please note an expanded list of possible foci for Challenge 2019-1!
Your premise for Challenge 2018-3 is: Late at night, a hooded stranger appears at Harry's bed in Gryffindor Tower and casts a spell. Another does the same to Ginny. The mysterious pair meets in the Common Room. After a kiss, they whisper, "That’s done. Now, for the great adventure." What happens next?
Awards will be made for Best Mystery, Most Romantic, Best Overall, and People's Choice. Completed stories must be submitted by midnight, Nov. 15, in order for award announcements to be made on Dec. 1.
Please note rules for challenge stories: submissions must be stand-alone stories that are marked as complete by deadline; stories must be shorter than 20,000 words; R-rated stories are discouraged, and judges are not required to read them.
Finally, please use this space to cast your votes for the 2019-1 challenge topics. Additional suggestions are highly encouraged (need to keep the list fresh) but prior vote-getters include:
- Years into their marriage, Ginny discovers something surprising about Harry. Tell us about it.
- Auntie Muriel announces that she will take her tea at the Burrow next Sunday. Excuses fly as everyone tries to avoid attending. Will anyone escape?
- A debilitating accident brings Harry's and Ginny's hectic schedules to a screeching halt. How will things change as the couple adjusts to a slow recovery?
- Times are tense at Grimmauld Place... until Sirius and Lupin start sharing tales of old Marauder Pranks. Suitably inspired, Harry and/or Ginny (you choose) decide(s) to liven things up with a bit of their own mischief.
- Harry walks into the Gryffindor Common Room 10 seconds before Neville is able to ask Ginny to the Yule Ball. What happens next?
- Outside the tent at Bill & Fleur's wedding, Harry finds Ginny, alone, fixing her corsage. A moment he's been dying for but he (and you) must keep it short and sweet.
- Twitter-280 Challenge: mass participation! Your magnus opus must be Harry/Ginny; must be 280 characters or less. Beyond that, anything goes!