She Thinks My Broomstick's Sexy by takefourmoments



Summary: After Ron makes Harry listen to some American Country Muggle song, it has his mind wandering. He begins to notice how much Ginny likes his broom. Makes him start to believe that she is in love with...his Firebolt...
Rating: G starstarstarstarstar
Categories: Post-OotP
Characters: None
Genres: None
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Published: 2005.04.24
Updated: 2005.04.24


She Thinks My Broomstick's Sexy by takefourmoments
Chapter 1: She Thinks My Broomstick's Sexy
Author's Notes:

-
Plowing these fields in the hot summer sun
Over by the gate lordy here she comes
With a basket full of chicken and a big cold jug of sweet tea
I make a little room and she climbs on up
Open up a throttle and stir a little dust
-


“Where did you find that song? And why did you make me listen to it?” Harry grimaced when Ron hit stop on the radio. Ron frowned at him.

“I thought it was funny. That girl in the song, follows the tractor man around, because she thinks his tractor (which Hermione says it is a big machine used on a farm) is sexy.”

“I know what a tractor is...” Harry mumbled.

“Right. Isn't it great though?” Ron grinned and pressed play again. The male country singers voice floated out.

“Not really.” Harry said rolling his eyes.

“See, listen to this part.” Ron said excitedly. He was so easily amused.

'Just look at her face she ain't a foolin me'


“See? He knows she is using him for his tractor, yet he still let's her sit next to him.” Ron shakes his head in confusion.

“Maybe she has a strong sex appeal.” A sweet voice said from behind him. Ginny Weasley jumped over the common room couch, sitting herself next to Harry. She smiled and bobbed her head to the beat. “Catchy.”

“Yea.” Ron said listening intently to the song. Ginny began dancing in her seat. She looked so silly, that Harry was forced to smile. Then, she moved her arm in dance and it brushed his, making him realize how close she was.

In his opinion, to close for comfort, especially when she was talking about sex appeal. Because Ginny Weasley, was definitely no little girl anymore. And Harry had definitely noticed.

For the past year, Harry had begun to realize that he was falling hard and fast for little Ginny Weasley.

And it wasn't just her looks. She had a Superb personality and was great sense of humor. They talked often and hung out as friends. But after hanging out with her for awhile, odd feelings had arose.

Whenever he saw her, his chest tingled. Whenever they touched his mind went blank. Whenever they were together, he was almost deliriously happy.

But instead of ignoring these feelings, he worked them out and came the conclusion the he was falling for Ginny, if not already there. And right now with her wiggling in her seat next to him...he was going nuts.

Harry cleared his throat and stood from the couch, his leg brushing Ginny's shoulder.

“I've had enough of this silly song. Talk to you all later.” Harry watched Ginny and Ron frown.

“Spoil Sport...” The siblings muttered together. Harry laughed as he walked to the boy's staircase.

“Harry?” Ron yelled before he disappeared from sight.

“Yea?”

“Quidditch practice in a hour!” Ron chirped happily. Harry and Ginny groaned in unison. Since Ron had became the Quidditch captain last year, they had meeting more than four times a week. But they shouldn't complain. They had won the cup their 6th year and most likely would this year too. If only it wasn't so hot outside, it wouldn't be as bad.

-
She thinks my tractor's sexy
It really turns her on
She's always staring at me
While I'm chuggin along
She likes the way it's pullin' while we're tillin' up the land
She's even kind of crazy 'bout my farmer's tan
She's the only one who really understands what gets me
She thinks my tractor's sexy
-


A hour later, Harry sighed as he pulled his quidditch robes over his head. He was standing in the locker room with the rest of the team.

He wiped a drop of sweat off his forehead and picked up his Firebolt. He hadn't even begun training and he was hot and exhausted. But he knew once he got into the air it wouldn't be so bad.

He walked out onto the field with Andy Matthews. He was a third year who had become one of the Gryffindor Beaters last year. They meet up with the other beater, Laney Dunaway, outside the locker room.

“Hey Harry! Jesse.” She smiled at them. Jesse and Laney, both being in the same year and best friends, made prefect beaters. They were even close in ranks with George and Fred Weasley.

“Hey Laney.” Jesse said smiling at his friend. “Ready for practice?”

“Am I ever?” She asked rolling her eyes. Even though she loved playing quidditch, Laney, like the others, hated the practices.

The three of them reached the field and hoped on their brooms. Laney and Jesse both had Nimbus Two Thousands, neither coming from a poor family. Even though the were still slow compared to Harry, they were the best beaters in the school.

Harry soared through the air, letting the breeze move brush his hair. Flying soothed him. Helped him get rid of his problems, helped clear his head. He often came out and flew around after he had encounters with Ginny.

Ginny...

He was starting to begin to wonder if he was obsessed with her. He was always thinking about her. And he dreamed about her almost every night. He was wishing he could be around her when ever he wasn't.

Earlier, after he had left Ron and Ginny in the common room, he couldn't get her out of his head. Her or that annoying song. But mostly her.

When the subject of his thoughts flew up beside him, he about fell off his broom. She smiled and ran her hand along the front of his broomstick.

“Careful Harry. You wouldn't want to fall off and damage your Firebolt". She winked and zoomed off on her Cleansweep Seven seven. Ginny had taken the place on the team as Chaser last year. She was a wonderful addition to the team, with Angelia, Alisha and Katie gone. And Harry was glad she was on the team. Now, if only she would stay out of his thoughts.

He glanced in the direction she had flown off in, to see her staring back at him. She stuck out her tongue and Harry rolled his eyes.

“Oye! Harry.” Ron yelled from the ground. Harry looked down to him and Ron waved him down. When Harry and the rest of the team were all on the field by Ron, he put on his- I'm captain and this means you have to listen to me -look.

“Okay! Today, I want to start with training Harry, Jesse and Laney. Everyone else take a seat in the stands.” He ordered before taking of on his old school broom. Ginny groaned but did as told. She sat next to Hermione, who always came to watch being Ron's girlfriend.

Harry once again kicked off the ground, taking off into the air. Sometime during his training, loud yelling distracted his attention towards the stands. Colin and Dennis stood next to Ginny, yelling his name. Ginny had a smile on her face and was looking his way.

If he thought about it, she was always looking at him during practice. Unless she was training. If they trained together she always managed to fly next to him at least once and touch his broomstick.

Maybe...

Harry quickly shook his head. That song was getting to him. He was actually beginning to wonder if Ginny thought his broomstick was sexy...But that was incredibly absurd.

Training for Harry, Laney and Jesse ended moments later and they all landed softly on the ground. Walking over to the stands, he once more looked Ginny's way. She was, as usual, watching him. He held her gaze as he walked up to where she was.

"Hey Gin." He said sitting next to her. She smiled and his heart slammed into his chest. She was so pretty.

"Hey. You have fun?"

"Oh yea." he said sarcastically.

"Want some?" She held the large jug of pumpkin juice in front of her. "It's rather refreshing." He watched as she took a sip of it. "Mmm."

"Uh..." He seemed lost for words. If he took the drink and put his mouth over the straw, it would be like....indirectly kissing Ginny. "Sure." He said quickly and she smiled, handing him the drink.

"Ginny! Jewelie! Amelia!" Ron's voice bellowed from the grounds to Ginny and their two other chasers. "You all are next."

"Gotta go!" Ginny said standing up. "Harry you can have more of that juice." She walked off.

"Ginny!" Harry shouted before she had gone to far away. She turned back around. "Wanna use my broom?" He asked. He had to see her reaction. And it was exactly how she imagined it. She looked almost...hungry.

"Are you serious?"

"Absolutely."

"Then yes!" Ginny said happily. Harry handed her the broom and she held it gingerly. "Thank you!" She laid her Cleansweep Seven seven next to him and just about ran off.

Next to him, Hermione had a smirk on her face. He frowned when he saw it.

"What's that look for?"

"Nothing..." She smiled widely and played with a pair of headphones in her lap. "Have you heard this song yet?" She handed them to him.

"What song?" He placed them on his head and instantly took them off. "I hate that song!"

"Why?"

"It's stupid..." He mumbled and moved away from her. He only hated that song cause it was driving him mad right about now. Looking out to the field, he found Ginny darting around on his broom. She looked incredibly happy.

And if he wasn't careful he was going to start believing Ginny Weasley was in love with his broom...

-

We ride back and forth until we run out of light
Take it to the barn put it up for the night
Climb up in the loft sit and talk with the radio on
She said she's got a dream and I asked what it is
She wants a little farm and a yard full of kids
One more teeny weeny ride before I take her home
-

After Quidditch practice had finally ended, it was around eight and everyone was exhausted. Hermione and Ron and slipped away before anyone could notice, and Harry volunteered to clean the locker rooms a bit. The rest of the team sighed in relief and said bye. No one liked to clean the locker rooms.

Harry watched the team walk away with a smile. Then he frowned. Someone was missing. He couldn't see her long red hair anywhere in the crowd...

"Shouldn't you be cleaning?" He jumped and spun around. Ginny stood against one of the lockers and smiled.

"Shouldn't you be walking up to the castle?" Harry retorted mentally smacking himself for jumping.

"No. I stayed behind to help you." Ginny smiled and Harry frowned.

"Why?"

"Because...I want to?" She shrugged her shoulders and began to pick up around the room.

"Okay..." Harry helped her clean up. A while later they were done and Harry grabbed his Firebolt. "Hold on and let me put this away. Then we will walk up to the castle."

"Wait!" Ginny reached out and grabbed his hand.

"What? Why?"

"Take me for a ride." Ginny said in a quieter voice. Harry looked back at her. She was staring at him, wide eyes and a small hint of a smile.

"A...a ride?"

"Yes. On your broomstick."

"Oh..." Harry stared at her. Damn his broomstick. If he didn't love it he would break it in half and throw it down a ditch. "Alright." She smiled. Harry walked out onto the pitch and got on his broom. He let it float a few inches off the ground as he waiting for Ginny. She appeared moments later.

She walked towards him and he lowered the broom slightly. Harry held his breath as Ginny stepped on to the broom. Once she was on, he realized how...close they were going to be.

"Gin, I can't fly like this..." Harry swallowed. "Your going to have to scoot back a little." She did as told and Harry placed his hands in front of her, holding on to the broom. He kicked off slightly and they sped off. He turned sharply once and Ginny jumped.

As an instinct, he placed one of his hands on her stomach, pressing her back against his chest in order to hold on to her better. Harry flew around for a bit longer slowly then an idea popped into his head.

With a smile, he sped his broom up and headed up in a slant. Once they were up high enough, he changed directions and had the broom heading straight for the ground.

"Harry?!?" Ginny's voice was only slightly panicky, but she grabbed the hand on her stomach and gripped it in hers. Right before the his the ground, he pulled then back upwards and Ginny let out a long breath.

"You okay?" He asked when she didn't speak for a few seconds.

"Fine. That was bloody amazing. Made me feel fearless!" She smiled and laughed.

"It's great isn't it?"

"Gosh yea."

"You still scared?" He asked her softly.

"Nope!"

"Then why...are you still holding my hand?" At his words, she quickly let go of his hand.

"I didn't realize I was." They both let the silence fall in the mist of their discomfort. But soon the conversation was flowing as they fly slowly around on his broom. Ginny had become completely relaxed against him and he was seriously praying she couldn't fell his pulse racing.

"What do you want to do after Hogwarts?" She asked him smiling.

"I'm not really sure." He frowned. This was his last year at Hogwarts and he really didn't know. "I want to become a Auror, I think. Like my parents." He frowned. "But...I dunno. I would also like to work for the ministry."

"Those are both big goals."

"Yea."

"Good luck."

"Thanks. What about you?" She frowned.

"What about me?"

"What do you want to do after Hogwarts?" Harry watched Ginny blush and he prodded her in the shoulder. "Tell me."

"It's all so silly."

"No it's not."

"You don't even know what it is." She said rolling her eyes.

"Only because you won't tell me..."

"But..." She bit her lip. Harry once again took his hand off the broom and pulled her hair. "Fine!" She folded her arms in mock anger. Then smiled. "I just want a simple life."

"What do you mean?"

"I want to get married, have kids, live in a house big enough for them all...as a job I would just like to write for a small magazine. Money had never been a thing for me. But, I could always marry some rich macho man to support me." She laughed at her self and Harry frowned. He didn't want to think about her marrying anyone.

"What kind of job would this...macho rich guy need to have?" Harry asked in a joking tone. Ginny again blushed.

"Hmm..." She smiled. "Something that would, obviously, let him bring home a lot of money. Like Minister of Magic." She smiled and shook her head. "I was only kidding about the rich man. My husband can be whatever he wants as long as..." She stopped and Harry frowned.

"As long as what?"

"Well, as long as he loves me of course." She smiled again. "Like my mom and dad have. That kind of love. That's my dream..."

-
She thinks my tractor's sexy
It really turns her on
She's always staring at me
While I'm chuggin along
She likes the way it's pullin' while we're tillin' up the land
She's even kind of crazy 'bout my farmer's tan
She's the only one who really understands what gets me
She thinks my tractor's sexy
-


A while later, Harry and Ginny touched ground and jumped off the broom. Ginny snatched his broom from his hands and smiled. She began walking away and Harry followed frowning.

"I can carry that Gin."

"It's fine. I want to." Ginny looked over at him. He continued frowning at her. "I wish I had one."

"One? One what?"

"A Firebolt, of course." Ginny said as if it was obvious. "They are so speedy and bloody amazing."

"Yea..." Harry's frown got deeper.

"They look fabulous to. Unlike my old Cleansweep." She smiled at the broom in her arms. "I love Firebolts." Harry huffed. She was in love with his broom. But that was crazy. How could she love an object? It's not even possible to have feelings like that.

"Harry?" Ginny's voice brought him out of his thoughts and he looked at her. They had reached to locker rooms and Ginny had her hand on the door. "You in there?"

"Yes." He mumbled annoyed. Ginny looked at him oddly before opening the door. Once they where inside Ginny handed him his broom and sat on a bench. She began to tie her shoe. But when Harry didn't move to put away his broom, she stopped.

"What are you doing?"

"Nothing." Harry said with a loud huff before turning on his heel to put his broom in his locker. Ginny watched him walk away with a sigh. She wasn't sure what his problem was, but she was getting annoyed with his mood swing.

Harry had been perfectly fine when they had landed from their ride. Then he seemed to be annoyed for no reason. It was bloody irritating. Every time she said something to him, he would frown or 'harrumph' at her. She felt like socking him in the jaw, truth be told.

But that wouldn't get her no where. Punching him would most likely only anger him and make him really annoy her. And she didn't want him anymore upset with than he was. Because when Harry got really mad at her he wouldn't look at her, or speak to her.

And frankly, she enjoyed being around Harry. More than she should. Since she had proclaimed that she was over him two years ago. Well, she lied. She wasn't over Harry and most likely wouldn't ever be.

The day that she had told Hermione that she was giving up on Harry, had been the day she realized she was madly in love with him. But, After telling Hermione that, knowing Hermione would tell Ron and Harry at some point, Ginny had learned how not to blush around Harry. She stopped stammering around him, because she knew that he thought she was over him. And if he ever caught her staring, which he did, she would just let it pass.

Harry fell for her tricks and, as far as she never, had never once suspected her feelings where anything but platonic. So, keeping her act up and not giving him a reason to suspect anything, he had no way of knowing. Ginny had restrained her self from telling anyone.

Besides Hermione, who she knew she could fully trust. So with no one to let it slip that she still liked him, he would never know. It was her little secret.

Tearing her from her thoughts, a still angered Harry came stomping into the room. She glanced at him briefly and then glanced away. Maybe he would catch on to her annoyance with him. He walked towards her and sat on the he bench next to her.

"Ginny..." Harry sighed. "I need to talk to you."

"Okay...talk." She smiled his way only to receive a frown.

"Alright..." He sighed again and ran a hand through his already messy black hair. "I know about your..." He stopped and shook his head.

"You about know my what, Harry?" She asked with her eyebrow raised.

"I know about..." He looked over at her with a small glare. "about your secret."

Ginny stared at him. Her face paled and she stood up quickly. How did he know about her secret? It had to be the one of her liking him. She didn't have any other ones...but she didn't tell him. So...

Hermione told him? She'd kill her. Ginny mumbled incoherently for a few seconds, then stopped pacing and looked at him.

"Hermione told you didn't she?" Ginny had to clear that fact up so that she didn't kill her best friend for no reason.

"No." Harry said with a confused look. Ginny sighed in relief. One less dead friend on her hands.

"Then how do you know?"

"I sort of..." He looked at her rolling his eyes. "figured it out myself."

"What?" She blanched. "How?" There was no way she had been obvious about it. She hadn't acted any differently around him in the past two years. So, if he was only asking about it now. It just didn't make since.

"Well, think about it." Harry ran his hand through his hair and stood up. "You where always talking about it. You stared and sometimes you had this look in your eye..." Harry pointed to his own eyeball and Ginny grimaced, not wanting to know what kind of look she had been giving him. "Wanna know the funny thing?"

"Not really..." She mumbled quietly. To her there was nothing funny about this situation. Harry had just found out that she was in love with him and he didn't seem exactly happy about that.

"It's that I only realized this today. Who knows how long it's been going on."

"Well...I realized it around two years ago..." Ginny smiled and Harry's eyes widened.

"Two..." He grimaced. "That's pretty sick you know. No, it's really sick." He stared at her. "In fact it's unhealthy." Ginny gawked at him as her anger rose. Before she could do anything about it she was fully enraged and there was nothing she could do. Her eyes became slits and she clenched her fists.

"You know what Harry Potter?" She began to pace. "You are an inconsiderate ass. Instead of sprouting insults every which way, you could at least take a few moments to consider my feelings. You actually think I like being in love with..." She cut her self off and glared at him. "Right this second, I really hate you."

Harry stared at her. "uh...Gin." He scratched his neck. "I didn't really mean anything by it. I was just sort of upset that you were in love with my broomstick. That's all." Ginny stared at him wide eyed as he began to ramble. "I mean, I guess I was jealous. I don't really think your sick. Just...it's weird. You see, people don't really fall in love with brooms. But I guess it's like that song said. You think my broomstick's sexy and-" Harry stared at her. "Wait. Why are you laughing?" Harry's face filled with color.

Ginny covered her mouth as she continued to laugh. Harry, red faced and all, was once again frowning, missing the humor in this. Once Ginny could finally contain her humor, she looked at him.

"You..." She paused and frowned, actually taking in the situation. "Do you really believe I am in love with your broom?"

"Well, yea. You did just say that you didn't like loving it." Harry stated as Ginny wiped tear of laughter from her eye.

"I wasn't talking about that. I didn't even know you meant the broom. That's why I got so mad."

"Oh." He stared at her. "Then what were you talking about?"

-
Well she ain't into cars or pick up trucks
But if it runs like a Deere man her eyes light up
She thinks my tractor's....
She thinks my tractor's sexy
It really turns her on
She's always staring at me
While I'm chuggin along
She likes the way it's pullin' while we're tillin' up the land
She's even kind of crazy 'bout my farmer's tan
She's the only one who really understands what gets me
She thinks my tractor's sexy
-


Ginny went paler than ever. After finding out that he wasn't talking about her loving him, she had been so relieved that she hadn't thought anymore of it. Only that he thought she was in love with his broomstick

But now, he wanted to know what she had been talking about. She could lie and let it all go. Saying that she had just been bluffing her anger. But he wouldn't believe her. There was no way he would. He would then demand to know what she had been talking about and she would have to tell him any ways.

So, she could postpone him finding out, or just tell him straight out. But what was the sense really, i was going to hurt either way, when he found out and was disgusted.

"Ginny?" Ginny blinked and Harry come into focus, she had totally dazed out. He was staring at her oddly. "Are you going to answer me? What were you talking about a few minutes ago?" Harry was staring at her so intensely that she couldn't do anything but sigh and say,

"You."

Harry froze. His eyes got incredibly wide and he gaped at her. She bit her lip as she watched him blink a few times. He frowned, then ran a hair through his hair. He looked at his feet then, when he looked back up, he smiled.

"Me." He said simply. Ginny felt her eyes fill with tears at the humor he seemed to find in this.

"Right." She shut her eyes for a brief moment. Their was only one thing she could think to do right now. And that, was get out of here. "I'm gonna go up to the castle. It's getting late." She must have confused him, because she made it to the door and outside before he protested.

"Gin wait!" Harry ran over to the door and caught her arm.

"Harry, let go. I don't want tot talk about it." She kept her face away from his to avoid him seeing her tears. Harry laughed.

"You really can't even be considering leaving."

"I am. Actually I would be gone if you would release my arm." Ginny shook her arm for effect. Harry laughed again. "And stop laughing! This isn't funny." She turned towards him to glare. Harry got sight of the few tears on her cheeks and brushed them away.

"It is when a girl drops a bomb on you, and believe me you telling em what you did is a awful big bomb, and then tries to leave before you can say anything." He smiled. "Especially when I've been chasing after this said girl for a year."

Ginny, was rendered speechless. Harry smiled and pulled her in for a hug. After getting over her shock Ginny wrapped her arms around him. Harry lifted her chin and placed a small kiss on her lips.

"I love you Ginny." Harry whispered and Ginny smiled.

"Yea, I got that. Big deal! Kiss me again." Harry rolled his eyes and did as he was told. This time, their kiss lasting longer.

"You know, Harry." Ginny said before kissing him again, this time short.

"What?" He hugged her, before releasing one arm from her and pushing the locker room door open all the way.

"Being with you in this...lovey dovey way, could give me a easy access to your broom. Better watch out, or me and it will be getting pretty close..." Her tone was mocking and Harry knew it. She laughed when he glared at her. She was never going to let him live that down...

-
She thinks my tractor's sexy
She thinks my tractor's sexy
-

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.siye.co.uk/siye/viewstory.php?sid=6429