Time Troubles by Harryfan01



Summary: Kids are excited that they will start a new school year. But, what happens when James pranking mind sends them back in time. And they found themselves stuck in their parents time.
Rating: G starstarstarstar
Categories: Post-OotP, Alternate Universe, Post-DH/PM
Characters: None
Genres: None
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Published: 2011.07.26
Updated: 2013.03.01


Index

Chapter 1: Trouble Starts
Chapter 2: The Night Of Surprises
Chapter 3: Relevations And The Plan
Chapter 4: The Morning Talks
Chapter 5: The Final Preparations
Chapter 6: The Discussions and The Welcome
Chapter 7: The Message From The Firebird


Chapter 1: Trouble Starts

Author's Notes: This is my first fanfic. I hope that you will like it. I know that there will be some mistakes and thus, I require assistance. I will appreciate reviews regarding suggestions to improve my writing. Hope you ENJOY THIS CHAPTER. And, if you like this chapter, then I request you all to PLEASE REVIEW!!:-) Special Thanks to MininstryMalcontent (Tom). Without his help, I couldn't be able to post my fanfic.


“Come on, kids! We are going to be late.” exclaimed Harry Potter.

He reminded his children who were discussing things related to the prank played by his eldest son, James, on Ron, Hermione and George. He smiled recalling the reaction seen on the faces of the victims. Ginny laughed her heart out after the prank which really surprised his first born. He was proud of his son as he successfully continued the legacy of the Marauders.

Finally, he came back to the present as his children with his beautiful wife came rushing down the stairs of Potter Manor. “Let’s go, Dad!” replied Albus, “I can’t wait to start my fifth year.”

****************************************************************************************************************************
30 Minutes Later…

“I’ll miss you, my sweetheart. Well, have a great year and if any of your brothers try to cause any problem to you, then, write to me and I’ll take care from then.” answered Ginny to her daughter’s worries.

“Thanks mum. You are the best mum in the whole world”

“Well, that’s what mums are for and I know the experience of having to go to school with three troublesome brothers”

“Bye dad. Bye mum. See you two on Christmas. I’ll write to you as soon as I reach my dorm” said Lily as she climbed the Hogwarts Express.

“Bye kids and enjoy your school. Don’t forget to say hello to Hugo and Rose for me. And, most importantly, James make sure that you don’t get into any trouble at least not in the first week” said Harry.

“I’ll try my level best that I get into troubles from today itself, dad” replied James jokingly. But, when he saw the glare from his mother, he quickly replied, “Just joking.”

****************************************************************************************************************************

Then, when the Hogwarts Express reached a distance from where they were unable to see the faces of their parents, they settled in a compartment and soon, they were in the midst of a very intense debate on the school year.

“I hope that I will be able to score good grades in my OWLs. But, I don’t think that it will be too difficult since an idiot like you was able to score six ‘Es’ and three ‘Os’. And, I very well know that it was not your efforts, since I know that you have taken help from your elementals.” said Albus.

“Yes, I completely support Al in this, Jamie. But, I can’t argue with you because I will be wasting my energy on this issue.”

“Hey, I am offended. But you see that what you say is true. But, it is an advantage for me that I was able to learn so quickly with the help of my elementals.”

“I know that. But isn’t it cool that you can use elements to help you solve your problems in an instant? And, by the way, I will be also joining you in your training sessions with dad because he told me today that he saw the sign of power radiating from me. And decided that it was time to harness my magic.” said Albus cheerfully.

“Then we’ll have fun, Al. I’m sure that after the training you will realize that why I want dad to teach at school. He really is the best teacher in the whole world.” replied James gleefully to his brother as he recalled the fun he had with his father during the training. He was very thrilled at the tasks that could be performed using the elements, especially, the one in which he had to read his study material once and then, ask his elementals to do his homework. This was very helpful in the preparation of his OWLs. His parents were extremely proud of him, not because of his grades but for the fact that he was beautifully able to control his magical skills. He remembered the day when he was shell shocked by the revelation made by his father that they were direct ancestors of Godric Gryffindfor, Rowena Ravenclaw and the Merlin himself. And, he smiled at thinking about the reaction of his smaller brother, when he would come to know the secret during his training session with his father.

He snapped out of his thoughts when he was pulled by Albus. “What were you thinking, James?” asked Albus. “Nothing.”, he quickly replied.Suddenly,the gaze of his eyes focused on a black object that fell from his pocket. His curiosity quickly made him to grab the object and stare at it. Soon his brother and sister joined him and were carefully observing the details of this mysterious item.

After some minutes of staring, Albus said,”I think it is a galleon, a very old galleon. See, it is black at some places. Can you please give it to me?”

He nodded and gave the coin to his brother while Lily was very keenly watching this whole incident and asked James from where he found the gold coin.

“I don’t know. Probably, at home because it fell out of my pocket.” answered James truthfully.

“Guys, just see that the first set of serial number is today’s date.”

“Good observation Al. I wonder whether it is an object from Dad’s study room.” said James.

“Hey! I think we should not mess with this coin. It could be an important or dangerous artifact or both since I believe it is not looking like a regular one. And, if you are right about the location, then it really must be a rare object. “said Lily. But when she saw that none of them were paying any interest, she smacked both of their arms and angrily repeated them her statement.

Albus agreed with her and asked James to stop fiddling with it. But, his efforts were in vain since his brother wasn’t paying attention to his words.

“Guys, calm down! It is just an ordinary gold coin which must be left behind by dad in his office. So, stop worrying like grandma, both of you.” snapped James irritably on his siblings.

“NO, we won’t!” snapped both of them on their eldest brother. “It could cause trouble, you prat! Well, I know that you like troubles but I don’t. So, drop that damn thing down” commanded Albus.

But, when they found it useless, they started fighting with James to drop the Galleon. Suddenly, the galleon started shining blue and before they could understand anything, they felt a tug and disappeared before reappearing again in the same place.

James quickly kept the object back in his pocket while his siblings adjusted themselves to the circumstances.

Lily glared at James and told him that he almost gave her a heart attack. But James reassured her by telling her that nothing worse happened and they were disappeared for some moments.

“Make sure that you drop that thing down right now” replied Lily.

“Don’t worry, Lils! I promise that I will not mess with this thing again and I will it back to dad when he will come for the training session.” answered James. Albus told them that they had reached the Hogsmeade station and they left their compartment, not knowing the surprises waiting for them.

Back to index


Chapter 2: The Night Of Surprises

Author's Notes: This is my first fanfic. I hope that you will like it. I know that there will be some mistakes and thus, I require assistance. I will appreciate reviews regarding suggestions to improve my writing. Hope you ENJOY THIS CHAPTER. And, if you like this chapter, then I request you all to PLEASE REVIEW!!:-) I really want to thank everybody who read and reviewed my story. I also want to thank those wonderful people who are continuing with the story. I want to give SPECIAL THANKS to Cognitur and my dear sister, Nikita for helping me to post my chapter.


At the Hogsmeade Station, when Hogwarts Express arrived…

The trio moved out of their compartment and suddenly, James saw a figure which exactly looked like his mother and quickly called his siblings to the mysterious figure standing before them.

Albus was the first one to reply, “Guys, that’s really weird but I think she is a new student and I don’t think that all redheads are mum.” Both of them nodded and

soon, they lost themselves in a conversation.

But, again, they were surprised by the reaction seen on the face of Hagrid, when they greeted their Care Of Magical Creatures professor.

“Who are you and why do you look so familiar?”

“Hagrid, stop playing jokes with us and by the way, dad told me that spiders have finally allowed you to enter inner areas of the Forbidden Forest. So, congrats mate! I know that it means a lot to you since you were barred from entering after Aragog’s death.”

He was very surprised that the three children standing before him knew about his spider friend and also prophesized his death. He gawked them for few moments before he finally spoke,” How do you all know about Aragog and he’s completely fine and healthy.”

The children looked intently on each other and decided that it is best not to argue and said their goodbyes to their gamekeeper. They were greatly baffled by the two incidents, they saw before them and Lily broke the silence,” I think that James discussed this subject at a wrong time since he only got the permission last week and he must be grieving because of Aragog’s death.”

“Well, that’s not my fault, is it and stop making me one who always commits mistakes.” countered James angrily.

“Okay, okay. I’m sorry.” Lily said as all of them managed to grab a seat in the horse carriage ride to Hogwarts where they will go to start a new year and waited anxiously to meet their friends and foes.

********************************* ****************************** ************************** **************** ***************

One hour later in the grounds of Hogwarts,

“That’s really weird! James, now what have you done?” asked Lily, concerned.

“Now what did I do? I . . .”

“It must be your fault and I have a pretty bad feeling that your little prank in the train had caused all this mess.”

“I think you are being silly and there is no relation between the coin and these happenings.”

“Oh, come on! The two incidents in the station, not being able to recognize anyone during the ride to school and Professor Flitwick doesn’t even know that we existed. I just damn hope so that this night comes to an end and by the way, I’m telling Mum about this incidence.”

“So, let’s go to the Great Hall and finish our today’s task.” she said after regaining her composure.

“You are right about completing today’s task, but it is still not my fault.”

******************************* ************************************ ********************************** ******************

In the Great Hall,

They stopped dead in their tracks when they saw that their father, mother, aunt, uncle and their other relatives were sitting on the Gryffindor House Table and Professor Dumbledore in the middle of the Head Table alive, not a portrait.

They stared in silence to adjust to the picture in front of them and before, they could realize, ran outside of the Great Hall at full speed till they were able to reach a secluded room where they were sure that no one will hear their conversation.

“What the hell happened?” asked Albus seriously to his elder brother and his sister.

“Guys, I take back what I have said earlier. I am sorry, Lil! But I think it is not a time to panic, we have to make sure that we are able to contact Mum or Dad because they are the only ones who know how to get us out from this time period.”

“For the first time, you spoke something sensible. Lil. I think we should believe him in this subject.”

She nodded and asked that from where they should start their mission to go back in time where they existed.

“We should contact our father’s mentor since he is the only one else who can help us to send us back to our time.

******************************* ************************************ ********************************** ******************

Back in 2021, in Potter Manor,

“Gin, what happened?” asked Harry to his wife who was sitting in their kitchen drinking coffee at 2’o clock in the morning.

“Oh, couldn’t sleep. But what are you doing so late up in night, you have a very important case tomorrow.” replied Ginny worried that she has not yet received the letter from her beloved daughter and now, she has let her husband to wake up from his sleep due to her absence in the bedroom.

“Don’t worry, Gin. I’m sure that kids are fine and you will get the letter from Lily soon.” said Harry in a consoling tone to ease some of Ginny’s worries.

“I know that kids are fine. But, it is the first time that I have not received her letter in three years. She always writes to me as soon as she reaches her dormitory.”

“Yeah, I know that and it must be really weird but don’t you think that you are being concerned for no reason? I’m sure that she must have forgotten in the excitement of reaching school.”

“You are right! Well, let’s go to sleep then.”

Then, suddenly, they heard a pop sound coming from their living room and they heard sounds of their house elves Mickey and Maddy ushering their unexpected guest to sit down.

When they went to the living room, they were greatly surprised by seeing Professor McGonagall (now, Headmistress of Hogwarts) sitting on the sofa.

“Professor, what happened? Did James do something? I really need to talk to my eldest son. . .” but Ginny was interrupted in her talk when Professor McGonagall informed that their children had still not reached school.

Harry and Ginny stared at each other blankly for few moments before they jointly replied “WHAT . . .?”

“What do you mean that they have not reached school?” Ginny asked in a hurry. She tried to calm herself but completely failed to do so in her reply. Harry was still shocked from the news that his former head of house revealed.

“Well, Harry, Ginerva, I am really sorry for the news but it’s true. At first, I didn’t believe this but after I asked some of their friends and professors, I really didn’t have any choice other than tell you about this incident.”

“But how could this must have happened, Harry? I mean, we saw them climb the Hogwarts Express and disappear in the smoke before we returned.” asked Ginny.

“I am really confused, Ginny. But, from the information, I believe something must have happened in the train.”

“You are right. But, if they are not at Hogwarts right now, then where are they now?” asked Ginny to her husband in a very worried and broken voice. She was on the verge of tears thinking in what condition their children might be right now.

Harry hugged her tightly and told her to calm down,” Gin, please calm down! Everything will turn out to be okay. We have to stay strong and need to find out the reason for this situation.” he said, also trying to stop his tears, in order, to support his wife.

Ginny sobbed on her husband’s chest before calming down a little. “Sorry for the outburst but I really needed that to come out of me. Harry, we have to quickly find out children before anything worse could happen to them.”

“I know, sweetheart. I promise that we will find them soon. Well, Professor, thank you for telling us and if anymore news regarding them comes, please inform us.”

“You’re welcome, Harry and if you both need any help, just contact me anytime. I know it must be a really stressful time for both of you and I will surely aid you in helping to find your children. Please, don’t worry and everything will be fine. And, if you ask me, you must not worry about their condition, you have raised them quite well and they can handle this problem themselves but again, they are just children.” said McGonagall before saying goodbyes and wishing them best of luck before disappearing with a pop.

Ginny was sobbing uncontrollably and blaming herself for this situation since she was angry at James before their departure. Harry was trying to calm his wife who was crying by cradling and hugging him tightly before instructing Mickey to bring some more coffee for both of them. “Sweetheart, this is not your fault! I’m sure since all of our kids have inherited my curiosity, they must have messed something up. We must compose ourselves before we try to find children.” He kissed her deeply but at the same time was gentle, to show his affection care for his children and reminding his wife to be strong. He was raining kisses on her wife’s neck, so that, she could forget this problem for some time. He was also very concerned about the present condition of his beloved sons and daughter. But now, when he saw his wife, he realized that the health of his wife was much more important since she had been crying constantly after hearing the terrible information.

“Gin, if you don’t stop crying, then you will become ill.” said Harry, wiping the tears from her eyes by his thumb.

She nodded and rested her on her husband’s chest. Harry silently conjured a Dreamless potion and mixed it with the coffee of his wife because he knew that his wife would not sleep until she was able to hug their children again.

Both of them drank their coffees quietly before sleeping holding each other in their arms in their living room’s sofa.









Back to index


Chapter 3: Relevations And The Plan

Author's Notes: I hope that you will like it. I know that there will be some mistakes and thus, I require assistance. I will appreciate reviews regarding suggestions to improve my writing. Hope you ENJOY THIS CHAPTER. Please R&R


At Hogwarts, Year 1996. . .

"James, what have you done?" asked Lily, horrified.

“Lils, I very well know that we have travelled back in time but we will get back in our time. We just need to do two things. First, we have to contact Professor Dumbledore as well our parents. And, second, be calm and composed!” replied James much more confidently.

“Just shut up, you moron! You are saying this like nothing big has happened. I don’t know why you always attract trouble towards yourself and, due to that we also have to suffer with you!”

“Will you stop panicking, Lily? For Merlin’s sake, we have to reverse this thing. I’m sure it is not a difficult task. We just need to talk to Professor and I’m sure we will be in our time in a blink of an eye.”

“Lily, he’s right! We cannot do much now. We have to wait until everything turns out to be okay. But, guys, have you two ever thought of the implications of our mistake?”

“WHAT IMPLICATIONS?” Lily replied furiously to Albus. “James had already committed a one hell of a blunder and I can’t believe that you are taking his side.”

“LILY, WILL YOU PLEASE CALM DOWN! In your anger, you are complicating our problems. I know that you are right about being angry at James. But you are forgetting that we are in past and that means, that we don’t exist in this world.” Albus said in a serious and comforting tone.

Lily nodded solemnly.“Now, our first and main priority is that we do not meddle with time. That means, we cannot tell our real identities to anyone except Professor Dumbledore. But, before another problem in our hands that, how will we tell my namesake’s inspiration about our story?” replied Albus very seriously.

“Don’t worry, Al! It’s mine job to lure him to talk to us but before that, Lily, can you try to connect your mind with Mum and talk to her telepathically while I‘ll try to contact Dad with my elementals. I’m sure Dad once told me that elementals can travel through time and are really helpful when we are stuck in time.”

“That’s a brilliant idea, James but make sure to check whatever you do otherwise in your foolishness, you can easily change the future.”

“I know, I know! Let’s start our plan!”

Meanwhile, in the Great Hall. . .

A large black owl came inside the Hall and everyone stared at the bird in silence and wondered that who had wrote the letter to whom on the very first day of the new year.

Their questions were answered when the letter was dropped in front of the Headmaster. Dumbledore looked at the letter in surprise and slowly, opened it

Professor,
It’s really urgent. Can you meet us in your office right now? Please do not bring anybody else with you.
You are the only one who can help us.

We will be waiting for you.

He stared at the letter for some moments before checking the source of the letter. He decided to meet with the anonymous strangers. He quickly stood up and walked out of the Great Hall. Everybody was looking at each other for words to explain the events.

“Harry, what do you think that letter contained in it for Dumbledore to walk out of the Feast.” asked Ron, worriedly to his best mate. “I don’t know, Ron.” answered Harry, also anxious to know the reason.

**************** ***************** ************************** *****************

Dumbledore quickly went up to his office and when he entered, he saw three children wearing Hogwarts uniform chatting contentedly with each other, not noticing that he came in to the room.

“Excuse me, please! Who are all of you and what are you doing in here?” asked Headmaster in a humble and calm voice. When children had turned their faces towards him, he was shocked.
James was the first to answer his father’s headmaster and mentor “Professor, thank you so much for listening to our requests. Now, we brought you up here because we are children of Harry and Ginny Potter from the future.”

Professor couldn’t believe his ears or what he had heard from the young man standing before him. He gawked at them and was dumbstruck momentarily before he regained his composure back and replied “Excuse me, but do you just say that you are Harry’s children from the future?”

“You heard us correct sir!” replied James in a sincere tone that showed that what he told the old man was nothing but the truth.

“So, I think we must start with the introductions, then.” replied the old man, nodding.

“Sir, my name is James Sirius Potter and I’m 16 years old.” replied the young man who had spoke to him and had the same messy hair as his father but his eyes were chocolate brown of Ginevra.

Then, the boy who was standing besides James having the spitting of his favorite student spoke “My name is Albus Severus Potter and I’m 15 years old.” Dumbledore’s eyes twinkled at hearing that Harry has named one of his children after him and was very surprised after hearing the middle name. This further claimed that Harry is the father of the children and he must have defeated Voldemort and also, came to know the true allegiance of Severus in the future.

Next was the turn of a beautiful girl who was a miniature image of Ginny who spoke “My name is Lily Luna Potter and I’m 13 years old.” He smiled at the beautiful sight and thought that Harry finally had a great future ahead of him after he had defeated Tom Riddle.

“So, James, Albus and Lily, it’s a pleasure to meet you all. I request you to please thank Harry for naming one of you after me and fulfilling his destiny.” said Albus Dumbledore with a bright twinkle in his eyes.

“Sir, we will surely going to tell Dad, once we reach in our time period but I think it is better if you see the object which sends us in time.” replied Lily humbly, not knowing how to speak to the great Dumbledore who stood in front of them alive.
They handed him the source of trouble and watched intently as he examined the object. After few minutes of silence, he finally spoke,”Ah, I see! It is indeed a very rare and curious object but from where did you find it?”

“Sir, I found it in Dad’s study. I didn’t realize that it was in my pocket. I suppose it fell from its place into my pocket. What is it because I haven’t heard of any Galleon which transports people back in time?”

“Well, it’s a very interesting and a dangerous object at a same time. It’s a Time Galleon and I must admit that wherever Harry has found it, it’s a mystery.”

“Oh, okay! So how we get back?” questioned Albus to the Headmaster.

“Well, Albus! Its sounds really weird to speak to a person having the same name as mine. But, your going back is going to be tricky.”

“What do you mean, sir?”

“Can I call you Al because I guess it’s your nickname?”

“You are right, sir. It is my nickname and you can call me Al. I can tell you that you call me by the same name in the future also.”

“Okay, Al! Have anybody of you seen the first set of serial number?”

“Yes, sir, it has today’s date.”

“You are quite observant, my boy.”

“Dad tells me the same thing. He told me that I have inherited your observative mind.”

“So, as I told you that first serial set represents today’s date and that’s the reason you are here. Now, the second set represents the date of your return which I’m afraid is in end of this year.”

“WHAT . . .?” they replied in chorus.

“This complete mess is your fault, James Sirius Potter. Who told you to mess with Dad’s items?” rebuked Lily.

Just shut your damn mouth, Lily. What do you think that I have done all these things intentionally? “

“JUST KEEP QUIET BOTH OF YOU! Have you even considered how we will go to pass this amount of time without altering the timeline?”

Both of his siblings looked at each other faces and realized the seriousness of the problem. “Sorry” replied to each other and to Albus. “It’s okay. But, sir, isn’t there is another way of going back?”

Dumbledore smiled at the scene unfolding before him and thought that about the great future Harry has but he very humbly answered the question “I’m afraid that there is no other way to return to your time period. This is the reason that why they were so unpopular.”

“Sir, I think it is better if you let us continue with our studies in Hogwarts because we don’t have any other thing to do and I also know that this year was a time when the war really picked up. Even though we know what happened and we won but we must really need to learn how to defend ourselves much more efficiently.”

“Well, so that’s decided but I don’t think I will attend school in this form.” replied Lily.

“What do you mean?” said Albus.

“Well, even though we’re not born till now but doesn’t mean that we didn’t look like our parents. And, thus, our appearances will gain too much attention which will increase the chances that our truth can be revealed.”
“You have a very relevant point, Lily. And, therefore, we must plan about your stay very carefully.” told the Headmaster to the children.

Everybody thought about this matter for minutes and a silence was reined in the office until James spoke “We can use a Polyjuice Potion or Disguise Charms to hide our appearances.”

“But even then, what we will do with our names or parents or relatives?” asked Albus to his elder wand, sister and headmaster of Hogwarts.

“I believe that you children will have to make fake information regarding the occupations of your parents, relatives as well your fake names.” said Dumbledore.

“Okay, we understand that about the need to make fake information but how we will tell other students about our sudden appearance since we will not start as first years.”

“Well, I will make an announcement in the Great Hall tomorrow that you all are students from Beaubaxtons who are transferred from France because your parents had shifted to England. Also, I also think that you get close to your parents as well as your relatives because you already know a lot about them and it will be much more comfortable for you to adjust to the circumstances.”

“Professor, Dad was right that you have answers to all the questions.”

“Thank you so much for your kind compliment, Al. I want to request you all to find a way to communicate with your parents because I believe that they must really be worried about your sudden disappearance and tell them the situation, so that, they can assist you.”

“Sir, we forgot to tell you that I know how to control elemental magic and Lily is an empath which gives her the ability to talk to Mum telepathically.”

“Really, that’s very interesting. Now, its time for all of you to go to sleep but since I have still not made the announcement, therefore, you will be sleeping in one of the guest rooms. I’m sure that you will get your tomorrow sleep in your dormitory and I will discuss this matter with Minerva because she is your Head of House right now and by telling her, you will be able to take her help. Don’t worry; your information will be in safe hands.”

“Thank you, sir!” all of them chorused in a single voice.

“You’re welcome! Now, off you go to rest before you start your journey in this world. Tomorrow will be a very hectic day and I wish you all best luck for your new beginning.”

They all nodded and moved out of the Headmaster’s Office relieved and nervous.

After, they all settled in the guest room, James wished his siblings best of luck for the next day. His siblings did the same thing to one another. Then Lily spoke that she had decided that her new name will be Alice. Suddenly, James also said that his new name will be Andrew. Albus nodded and told them that his new name will be Brian Bernard.

James smiled at hearing his new surname and went to his bed and said,” Goodnight, Alice and Brian.”

Both of them smiled and repeated,” Goodnight, Andrew.” before going to bed to sleep.

Tomorrow will be the start of the journey that will change the meaning of life for them for forever.







Back to index


Chapter 4: The Morning Talks

Author's Notes: I am really excited to post this chapter after the astounding response received by the previous chapters and I also want to THANK ALL THE READERS AND REVIEWERS for their fabulous response. I hope that you will enjoy this chapter and please Rate & Review. Constructive Criticism is always appreciated.


In 2021, at Potter Manor . . .

Ginny woke up suddenly the next morning to find herself in the arms of her husband and saw that the sunlight was gleaming from the window of the living room. She adjusted herself to the circumstances and awaked Harry.

“Harry, wake up! It is already quite late in the morning and you have to get the Ministry for the trial.”

Harry woke with a moan when Ginny kissed his lips gently and quickly grabbed the opportunity as he deepened the kiss which made his wife moan in pleasure. They broke apart to get some air and grinned at each other.

“Morning, love.”

“Good morning, Mrs. Potter.”

“Well, I think we should get ready since you have an important trial and I have to go to Glasgow Stadium to cover the controversy that happened in the last match between Puddlemere United and Cannons.”

“Okay, Maddy!” Suddenly, a house elf appeared before them in an instant.

“Yes sir. What can I do for you?” she asked his master while bowing to him like a faithful servant.

“Can you please make us a light breakfast because we have to leave early for work?”

“Of course sir!” She disappeared with a pop to the kitchens to start the meal.Ginny stood to go the bathroom for shower and she saw the two goblets lying on the table. She remembered the unexpected announcement made by their former Head of House about their children’s disappearance.

“Harry, the kids!” she asked Harry worriedly and concerned. Soon, Harry also recollected the events and decided to go to Hogwarts to ask Professor McGonagall about latest updates regarding their children.They quickly showered and ate their breakfast before flooing to the Headmistress’s Office in Hogwarts.

“Harry, Ginevra!” exclaimed the Professor in surprise when she saw that the couple had flooed to her office. She knew that they must be concerned about the kids but still that didn’t prepare her to meet them so early in the morning.

“Professor, do you find anything about their disappearance?”

“Sorry, Harry but we are unable to track them.” replied the lady disappointed to tell the pair about the failure.

“Harry, where could they have gone? They couldn’t have simply vanished from the face of the Earth. I hope that they are alright wherever they are.”

“Don’t worry, Gin. Everything will be fine.” reassured Harry.

“I am extremely sorry about the news. I also fervently hope so that they are safe.”

They turned to see that the portrait of their former Headmaster, Albus Dumbledore speaking to them.

“Thank you Professor! That really means a lot to us,” replied Ginny.

“I also offer my condolences, Mr. and Mrs. Potter,” spoke the portrait of Severus Snape.They were quite surprised at the statement made by their former Potions Master, but immediately thanked him, Albus Dumbledore and Minerva McGonagall for their support and flooed back to their home.

“Harry, I think I will be taking a leave today because I know I will not be able to focus on the report,” Ginny told Harry.

“Same here, Gin. I think I will ask Ron to attend the trial for me as well as send me the paperwork home because I will also take a leave.”

With that, he went to the Floo to call Ron. After some time, the head of Hermione appeared in the Floo.

“Good morning, Harry! What is the matter? Is everything alright?”

“Morning, Hermione! Can you please tell Ron to cover the trial for me? Also tell him that all the details and evidences of the case lie on my desk and send the paperwork home.”

“Of course, Harry I will tell him but is everything alright because today is a very important trial and I you are taking leave, then it must be serious.”

“Thanks Hermione! Yes, we are in little bit of trouble but don’t worry, we sort it out ourselves and if we will need any help, we will surely tell you about the issue. But, until then, bye.”

“Bye, Harry!”

And with that, the flames in the fireplace died down.

********************** ******************************
Meanwhile, in Hogwarts in the year 1996,

James, Albus and Lily woke when a high pitched sound of a house elf was calling them. They saw that the sunlight was dancing in the room and they recognized the house elf named Kreacher.

“Morning, Kreacher!” answered Lily in a tone which made Kreacher really uncomfortable.

“How do you Mudblood know my name?” he shrieked loudly.

“What do you mean by . . . “she was interrupted in her talk by his elder brother, James.

“Lily, you forgot that we have traveled back in time and hence, he doesn’t know us as well as I don’t think he even respects us since Dad told me that only after his seventh year, he started to treat him and others courteously.”

“Oh. . . okay. So, why are you waking us?”

“The Headmaster desires to meet you in his office at 8 to talk with you.” he informed them and soon disapparated with a pop.

“Guys, I think we should get ready first before we start our adventure trip.” said Albus to his siblings.

“Well, damn right! Do you know guys; I’m feeling quite giddy right now.”

“Lil, what do you mean?” asked Al, confused at the statement made by his sister.

“Well, I mean Dad and Mum always tell us about the various adventures they had in their school years. But, see us, we haven’t fought any Trolls or Dragons and this is really boring. I was starting to think there is no excitement in our lives but with this little mistake, we are actually going on journey and I think I have something to tell my children now about our little voyage when I grow up.” she said nervously and in the process, twirling her hair in her fingers.

“Well, okay so let’s refresh before we meet him in his office.” said James.

After some hours, a knock was heard in the Headmaster’s Office.

“Come in!” was the reply and with that, all the three kids sailed into the room.

“Good morning, Professor.” They replied in chorus.

“Good morning, James, Al and Lily.” Dumbledore replied with a bright twinkle in his eyes. “How was your sleep?”

“I say that it was quite alright, Professor!”

“That’s good to hear. Now, I hope that you will know the reason for which I have called you here. I am really surprised by the way, you all have taken the news about your stay but I have to say that the journey that you are going to embark on will be full of hardships and you are going to change not only your lives but those around you as well.”

“Sir, you are right. We actually know the stakes but we know that if we stuck with each other, then we will surely pass this obstacle.”

“James, I believe that your parents have successfully taught you the value of family and I will not at all be surprised if you complete this passage without any bumps. Well, now back to the point. What have you decided to disguise yourselves?”

“Well, we have decided our fake names as well as the various other aspects like names and occupations of our parents and relatives. But, still lays a problem ahead of us because we don’t know how to disguise ourselves for long durations.”

“Al is right about the bump. We have already overruled the use of Polyjuice Potion since it is very difficult the strands of hairs every few hours as well as the use of Disguise Charms because first, Lily doesn’t know how to cast the spell. Second, Al knew but he will not be able to hold it for long as well as using these charms will drain too much energy from him and third, there’s always a chance that someone broke the charm and then, we will completely be exposed.”

“I believe that all your reasons are quite valid and thus, this is quite a critical issue. Well, I suppose that we have to discuss these aspects to Professor McGonagall because we need to find the solutions to this issue quickly. But, until then, let’s discuss finer details of the situation.”

“Okay, sir!” Lily replied nodding to the words spoken by the old man standing before them.

“First, you have to make sure that you don’t reveal the truth and have to be quite cautious to what you speak because you might leak something from the future or some delicate information which your parents or relatives have not told anyone.”

He paused and saw the heads of the children nodding before continuing, “Second, make sure that you get close to the Weasleys especially Harry because he will not allow you to enter you in his inner circle. Please try to make this quick as possible and I’m telling you this because it will make your journey smoother since you already know them so well and I believe that you can wear them now in some weeks as well as they will help you to adjust to the situation. Third, enjoy these moments which have been gifted to you to know your parents and relatives much better and learn to respect them in a different perspective when they are not your father, mother or uncle or aunt but your friend. Not only you will be at ease but your support will help them to cope the difficult times that lay before us.”

When all the children nodded to tell the Professor that they have understood the instructions given to them. Suddenly, a knock was heard in the room. “Come in, Minerva.”

As soon as the Dumbledore gave the permission to enter in his office, Minerva McGonagall came barging in his office and said,” Why did you woke me up so early, Alb. . . .” She was stopped dead on the tracks when she saw the children sitting in the office which she hasn’t seen them but yet, they felt so familiar.

“Who are they, Albus and what are they doing in here so early?” questioned the Transfiguration Professor to the Headmaster.

“Well, Minerva, meet James, Albus and Lily Potter. They are the children of Harry and Ginny and are the reason for which I have summoned you.”

She looked completely shocked and baffled at hearing that the names of the children and their parents. She finally asked the old man,” Excuse me, Albus, do you just say they are Harry and Ginny’s children?”

“Yes, you have heard me correctly me, Minerva.”

“But, how. . . . this is not possible.”

“Well, to make a long story short, they have accidently travelled back in time and are now stuck in this timeline for quite some time.”

She took some deep breaths to calm and revive herself from the impact of the words spoken by the Headmaster of Hogwarts before speaking,” Well, let’s start from the beginning, shall we?”

Soon, after she heard the story and even though, it was hard to believe what is standing before her own eyes and repeatedly thought that it was a dream or a joke but she couldn’t ignore the reality of the incident. After, the explanation was finished, she said,” Then, welcome to Hogwarts for another school year. I, sincerely hope that you will enjoy your time here in this school.”

“Well, thanks professor! It really means a lot to us.” James replied in a sincere and intense tone that told the Transfiguration professor told the urgency in his voice. “So, do you have any idea how we will be going to spend this much time without revealing ourselves?”

“Well, there are several ways to do so but I don’t think that you will be able to successfully hold your disguise for a whole session. One way is that you turn into an Animagus but I will be kidding myself that you know this type of advanced magic.”

“Well, professor, sorry to disappoint you but James already knew how to transformation of the Animagus.” said Albus Severus Potter to their future Headmistress of Hogwarts.

“Really, I’m quite astonished that you know such an advanced Transfiguration and which form do you take?” questioned McGonagall very interested in the conversation.

“I can transform into a bear and an eagle.”

“What? You are a multi-animagi. I haven’t seen any other person to have more than one transformation than Professor Dumbledore.”

“You don’t need to be surprised because I have inherited this trait from Mum and Dad since both can also transform into more than one animal.”

“Really, I know I am asking you a lot of questions but I have to drown my curiosity before I give you further assistance to find a solution. So, can you please elaborate on this information?”

All the kids with the Headmaster smiled at seeing the giddy and excited nature of the Gryffindor’s Head of House before Lily answered the questions raised by Minerva McGonagall, “Professor, Dad can transform into four Animagus forms, Lion, Wolf, Owl and Phoenix while Mum can transform into Animagus forms, Cat and Panther.”

“So, professor, can you please help us now to solve our problems if your questions are finished.” James said, snappishly as well as annoyed seeing that the person that has been called by the Dumbledore to help them is asking unnecessarily queries which are wasting their time instead trying to suggest answers.

“I’m very sorry, James that I lost my way. But, you see, it’s very exciting to learn the hidden talents of your parents. So, I am very sorry that there is no direct charm or spell or potion that will guarantee your safety but I think a combination of some spells and potions might give you the desired results but until then, I believe you should rest because I’m sure you will need that a lot in the coming times.”

With that, McGonagall gave them their goodbyes before departing to her office to research to find a key to this problem. “So, I believe we say our good bye for the moment before we meet again to discuss the suggestions made by Minerva. Until then, I say you must straight go to your quarters before somebody catches you roaming in the castle.” Albus Dumbledore said to the children.

The children stood and went to their allotted guest room to wait for the call to further decide their plan.

********************************* ******************************

In the year 2021 at Potter Manor . . .

After having a short breakfast and dressing themselves, the parents, Harry James Potter and Ginevra Molly Weasley Potter, went to Harry’s study to discuss the sudden disappearance of their kids in a mystified fashion from the Hogwarts Express.

“Harry, but don’t you think in the whole mess, we might be overlooking some facts like they cannot VANISH INTO THIN AIR and. . .” before calming herself before continuing her fuming, “I’m sure that something wrong must have been kept on their hands, otherwise, I know that my children will never think of such a prank in their whole lives without a valid reason.”

“You are right, Gin and I completely comply with you on this topic because I know, even with the mischievous and perchance of trouble, they will never do such a thing!” he replied before sitting beside his beautiful wife and kissing his wife’s forehead in a reassuring manner.

“Harry, it is just like when they went to Diagon Alley by using the Special Portkey Fireworks made by George on Al’s fifth birthday. Thankfully, he remembered to activate the safety charms otherwise I don’t think I will ever be imagining to the place where they could have end up.” Ginny said to release the tension.

“I know, Gin” Harry said chuckling at the incident.

Suddenly, Harry bolted to his feet and went to check on the shelves and said,” Sweetheart, quickly check the other shelves and if you find anything PECULIAR, call me.”

Ginny also stood and went to the remaining shelves and examining it closely to find any unusual incidence happened. They searched the office for half an hour before Harry swiftly jumped from his position and called Ginny’s name, “Honey, I think where the kids might be right now!”

He showed her a box labeled ‘Time Galleons’ which was covered with ancient Galleons and saw a place where one gold coin was missing.

Back to index


Chapter 5: The Final Preparations

Author's Notes: It feels so good to post the next chapter. I couldn't believe that I am posting this chapter after two long and anxious months. I just hope that my next chapter will not take a long time and I will thank all the readers who waited for this chapter. Finally, I like to appreciate all the readers especially reviewers and those who beta'd my story. Thank You all for the motivation and support. I hope that you ENJOY this chapter. Please Rate and Review because your views are my source of inspiration.


In Hogwarts, year 1996. . .

“James, it’s almost afternoon and still, nobody came to call us to the Headmaster’s Office.” said Lily to her brother, James who was reading Quidditch Through The Ages 57th Edition on his bed.

“Relax Lils! It’s just afternoon and Professor Dumbledore and Professor McGonagall said that they will call us as soon as they found out a way to disguise us and. . .” he was interrupted by his brother, Albus who chimed in by telling her that everything will turn out to be okay.

“Fine, I understood it. Until then, I think we should try practicing our new names and other information.”

“What do you mean?” said Albus to her sister.

“Well, I believe it will be difficult to say our new names in an instant because we haven’t used these names in our whole life and if we call by our real names and somebody catch us, then our whole plan will be washed away.”

“That’s quite sensible because I don’t think I will be able to call you Alice in an instant. So, do you think we will rehearse it a bit before we make our appearance before others?”

“Okay, Alice, what do you mean by ‘other information’?”

“Great one, Brian! Actually, I was thinking if somebody asked us like where do we live in France or in which newspaper our Mum works or what is the names of our parents or relatives, so then, what do we say?”

“Well, so let’s begin our adventure trip by creating false information, shall we?” said James.

After few hours, they decided on the small details and finally made a summary for these ‘little things’. “Okay, so Dad’s name is Lancelot Cadmus Bernard and Mum’s is Susan Lucien Bernard. Is that right?” said Albus.

“Yup, that’s correct. Mum works in ‘Le Globe’ as Senior Quidditch Correspondent while Dad works in French Ministry as Head Auror. He had been transferred to the British Ministry for aiding in the war and will work in the Auror Department.” chimed Lily.

“We will use the same names of our cousins because nobody knew them but their surnames will be Eaton.” said James.

After completing their task, James decided to sleep while Albus and Lily decided to play Exploding Snap to pass out time.

During the time of sunset, a house elf appeared in front of the children with a pop sound. “Professor Dumbledore has called you all in his office.” answered the house elf to the questioning looks appeared on the faces of the children standing before him.

“Finally, I was starting to think that he already forgot us.” said Lily.

James went to his bed and took out the Invisibility Cloak from his trunk and then wrapped the Cloak around himself and his siblings and moved out of their supposed room.

In the corridors, they have to quickly maneuver themselves out of the way to prevent collision from the band of barging students roaming the castle to go to their classes or grounds or their respective common rooms. Lastly, after hiding behind some statues and broom cupboards, they reached their destination, the gargoyle protecting the entrance to the Headmaster’s Office. But, when they moved towards the statue and the relic didn’t even budge from its latent position.

“Oh no, we forgot to ask the house elf, the password to the Headmaster’s Office!” said James in a rush.

“Please open it! We need to meet Professor. It’s urgent. Our whole lives depend on it!” pleaded James to the gargoyle.

“Sorry, without password, I cannot allow you to enter. It’s against the rules.” replied the gargoyle.

“Please . . .”

“Stop it, Lily, and then we have to find another way to enter his office.”

“Maybe we can fly into his office.” said James after some thinking.

“Ha, Ha, very funny James! We cannot just barge into his office and secondly, you forgot that our brooms with our other things are lying in our trunks and we didn’t have them with us right now.” Albus commented on his brother’s idea.

“Maybe, we should wait for somebody to come and say the password, then we can go in.” said Lily hopefully.

“And, what will we say to them when they ask us who we are because you don’t seem to notice we still are not yet disguised.” countered James huffily.

“No, you stupid prat! James, did you forget that we have the Cloak and I told you to spy others, not ask the password.” replied Lily exasperatingly.

“Sorry! So let’s wait for others to come, then.”

After few minutes of waiting and nobody still came down the corridors. Suddenly, a sound was heard. They quickly spun around to see the source but they didn’t saw anyone.

“Sorry, guys!” chimed Albus glumly who continued,” That was the sound of my growling stomach. I wish we could be in the Great Hall and could eat some deserts or sweets or . . .”

“That’s brilliant, Al!” said James cheerfully.

“What. . .” replied Albus.

“Dad once told me that Professor Dumbledore loved sweets and hence, he mostly sets his passwords as name of sweets.”

“So . . .”

“Soo, I mean that we can try names of different sweets and see whether one of them is correct.”

“Okay, I knew Dumbledore’s favorite sweet. So, is the password, Lemon Drops?”

The statue didn’t move.” So, the password is ‘Bertie Botts Every Flavored Beans?”

Then again, it didn’t move.” No, it’s not, Sherbet?”

They repetitively tried various names but the gargoyle didn’t even show the slightest movement and then, to add to the pile of irritated looks, the statue yawned.

“Oh, come on, please stop it! Your ‘little naming plan’ is watering my mouth and also made me hungry. Why couldn’t we are not in our time. Now, I just want to eat Mum’s apple pies or Grandma’s treacle tart. . .”

As soon as James said the last two words, the gargoyle jumped into position and shoved out of the way to reveal the spiral staircase.

“That was just bloody awesome, Jamie.” added Lily while Albus patted his brother’s back appreciatively.

James scowled at hearing his nickname (He still doesn’t like anybody who calls him by his nickname except his parents or Teddy.) but joined his siblings as they stepped on the staircase.
When they reached the top of the staircase, they heard voices coming from the office. They knocked at the door and they moved into the office as they heard the familiar voice of Professor Dumbledore permitting them to enter his office.

They saw that Professor McGonagall and Severus Snape were standing beside the headmaster. The bright blue eyes of the aged old man were twinkling at full force behind his half moon spectacles while Professor McGonagall was smiling slightly. Professor Snape was quite taken aback but immediately regained his composure.

Before the new arrivals could speak, Snape interrupted them,” You are late!”

“Sorry Professor! We forgot to ask the elf, the password and hence, had to guess it.” said Albus.

“It’s fine. So, let’s start our discussion. . .” said the Headmaster but again, Snape interrupted him and told the kids that they are an arrogant bunch of miscreants like his father.

“I still don’t understand why Dad gave Al the name of this person who I failed to understand myself, even though I spend half the time in this office.” said James.

“Or to the fact that Dad considers him as the bravest person he never knew.” added Lily.

“Or that I have the eyes of his best friend.” Albus said.

Severus Snape was surprised by this influx of the information was quite an understatement. His jaws fell open and he gaped at the children, too stunned to speak. Minerva McGonagall stifled a laugh while the kids gave each other a huge smirk to indicate their achievement in shocking the potions master and the headmaster’s face was beaming with amusement.
After some moments of stunned silence, Professor Dumbledore addressed the children,” Before the little amusement witnessed by us, we were discussing the ways by which we can disguise you for your stay.”

“I can assure you that your secrets will be safe with me and not even the Dark Lord can access my mind. . .”

Immediately, he felt a sensation of somebody stabbing his skull with needles and for some moments, he saw the memory when he called Lily Evans ‘Mudblood’ before he came back to the present. He was shocked to see somebody invade his mind, a feat which not even Voldemort achieved and saw that James was slightly smiling with himself.

“You little. . .” but he was interrupted by James,” I was just verifying your statement, Professor.” he replied earnestly.

“You little bastard is as sick as your damn father.” and with this, he raised his wand at James but at the same time, James also raised his wand at Snape, ready for a duel.

“JAMES, just STOP it! We are not here to duel but to discuss the ways by which we can stay here for a complete year. Sorry Professors. Can you please lower your wand, sir?” Albus added politely to Snape.

The potions master accepted the apology and lowered his wand but glared at James. Everybody present in the office including the portraits of the former headmasters and headmistresses was too astounded by the events to speak. After some tense moments of lingering silence, the air in the room was filled with tension so dense that it appeared to solidify and break at any instant.

Professor Dumbledore lastly broke the deathly silence,” Thank You, Albus for breaking this heated discussion. Severus, I never expected this level of immaturity from you. You’re quite a sensible person and raising a wand at a young man for no relevant reason as well as insulting their parents is not a way to behave in my office. While James, you are quite a talented wizard like your father and that you have mastered Legilimency at such a tender age as yours is an indication to your potential but doesn’t mean that you can counter any teacher at you own free will but yet again, we are all free beings and mistakes do occur from ourselves.”

“Sorry Professor.” replied both of them apologetically.

“So, let’s continue our conversation again and I hope that this time, there will be no disturbances.” he said directing his stare at the two culprits.” So, I called you to inform that my dear associates have found a way to help you out. I think it will be better if we listen to their innovative idea.” said the Headmaster of Hogwarts.

“We. . .” started the Transfiguration Professor,” discussed with each other your problem and finally, reach a conclusion that we will be able to handle this little boulder with the help of certain potions and spells. So, we spend the whole morning researching about the different solutions and used some of our experiences and knowledge to make a potion which will solve your queries. Now, I ask Professor Snape to discuss the details of the potion.”

The children exchanged excited looks. Professor Snape cleared his throat and continued,” I don’t know why I am telling you these details since most of them will go above your head but anyways, I want to tell you that this potion is a very delicate and volatile one and it takes seven hours of careful observation and care to successfully brew the Disguise Range Potion. The main ingredients of this potion are Bob tuber Pus as a founding base, Acromantula’s Poison because it will ensure that you don’t need any other ingredient for your transformation but simple Charms and Transfiguration spells for this purpose and hence, you can change your disguises or looks according to your needs. It also, removes the weakness of Polyjuice Potion that is, their dependency on the hair of the individual, you are disguising. Also, you will be able to create new identities by using this potion and at last, Devil’s Snare’s Poison which will elongate the duration of the working of this potion to a maximum of one week. After that, you can create new looks or continue using the same looks according to your desires. But, due to the nature and complexity of this potion, certain problems arise.”

“Like . . . what?
“Like in stabilization, it is because. . .”

“It is because poisons of an Acromantula and Devil’s Snare are exactly opposite and hence acts as repellents which decrease the potential of the Disguise Range Potion and making them susceptible to collapse in the future or in other words, in stabilization.” continued James from where he interrupted Professor Snape.

Severus Snape was once again shocked to see the knowledge of James Sirius Potter,” That’s . . .” he took a deep breath and again said,” That’s correct, Mr. Potter.”

“Ah . . .” said Lily,” What does James mean by vulnerable to collapse?”

“Lily, James means to tell, I mean that Professor Snape means to tell us that this potion is not trustworthy. I mean that, the potion can wear out any moment without any warning. For example, it can easily wear out by any simple changes like weather changes or if some spell strikes us or if we eat some sweet food, etc. You see, that’s the problem that it will expose us to people at any time.” said Albus.
Before anybody can speak any further, Albus suggested,” Professor, can’t we add Mermaid’s Fin to the potion? It can act as a stabilizing agent and generally, are used to stop the negative effects of repellents without affecting any other properties of the potions.”

Severus Snape thought about the new suggestion for few minutes before answering,” You gave an excellent suggestion, Mr. Potter but the use of fin will make the potion highly poisonous due to the presence of Bob Tuber Pus as a founding base and can be fatal to you.”

“Bezoar can easily neutralize most poisons and I am sure it will prevent the negative effects of the poisons.” said Lily Potter to the Potions Master.

“That’s it! She is right, Professor Dumbledore, we can use these suggestions and our difficulties will be solved.” said Snape with a spring in his step which was quite unlike him.

“I told you that it is always good to discuss with others about the hardships, we face in our lives and maybe, they give us different angle to view our problems. How long will it take the new suggestions to be added in the potion, Severus?” asked the Headmaster.

“Maybe half an hour, Professor. But before I go, I would like to know the source from which they have learnt these things because they have already piqued my curiosity.” asked Severus Snape to the three children standing before him.

“Well, Professor, I learnt Occumelency and Legilimency as well some fine details of Potion Brewing from Dad because he is Head Auror and he gives me private lessons to harness my various skills.” said James.

“I asked Mum while she brewed potions to heal the wounds of Albus and various other incidents.” said Lily while Albus nodded his head agreeing to the fact that he learnt most of the details by observing his parents and listening to the lectures of Professor Slughorn.

With this, he went out of the office to brew the latest additions of the potion. Meanwhile, in the office, Professor McGonagall asked the kids about the profession of Ginny as well as various other things including the number of NEWTs got by their parents. McGonagall was astonished to hear while Harry was a seventh year dropout but still, was added in the Auror Training while Ginny scored the maximum number of NEWTs, also passing Hermione.

“That’s quite surprising. Isn’t it, Albus?” asked the Transfiguration Professor to the Headmaster.

“Well, I’m not surprised by this because after the war, there must be a huge downfall in the number of Aurors and thus, those who were found worthy enough to join them could be asked to skip their seventh year and join the Auror Corps. Am I right?” Professor Dumbledore said.

The children nodded in agreement and the old man continued,” So, how long did Harry need to train in the Auror Corps before he actually became an Auror?”

“One year, Professor.” James replied.

“That’s less than the half amount of usual duration of training!” said the Gryffindor Head of House.

“Also, Ginevra is an empath and I don’t think I need to tell you that their memory retention power is quite high.” continued the Headmaster.

“You have known this and didn’t even think of telling me, Albus?” said McGonagall, accusingly,” But, then how You Know Who could could possess her because the mind of an empath cannot be invaded.”

“Minerva, these abilities only start to mature at a certain age and hence, Tom was able to possess Ginny in her first year.” said Professor Dumbledore.

“So, since you are from the future, can I ask you what it are like to be the kids of the Harry Potter?”

“It’s actually quite frustrating. At first, I used to like the attention but it got weird and nasty and I, especially hate the Slug Club.” said James.

“Ah, the Slug Club of Horace. I usually believe that students love that club and then, why did you dislike the group because it is a honor to be part of such an elite group of excellent students.”

“Well, it was responsible for me getting detention and couldn’t play in the Quidditch match . . .” said James but his brother continued,” Or to the fact that he added us in this group on our very first day of Hogwarts because we are the children of Harry and Ginny Potter.”

“I see but James, can you please elaborate on your story about getting detention due to the club?” questioned Dumbledore to James.

“Professor, I tell you. Actually, Professor Slughorn wanted to invite Mum to his Christmas Dinner but Mum declined his offer due to some work in her office. So, Professor send a message to Mum on the day of the Dinner that James was injured badly, so Mum cancelled the interview which she was arranging for two months to see James but when she came, she was able to know the complete truth and hence, decided to tell Professor McGonagall about the prank, he played on her in the Halloween Feast and suggested that he would not play in the final Quidditch match and some other plans for detention.” said Lily.

“Yeah, it took Dad three days to calm Mum before she allowed us to come in the Christmas holidays and I’m sure he also prevented some serious injuries to James.” said Albus Severus Potter laughing at the memory.

“Professor, we forgot to show you the list with our false information. Wait a second.” James added hastily to change the subject of conversation. He handed the parchment to the Headmaster.

“Very well, it will surely help you to remember the details.” he said after reading the information few times.

Then, a knock was heard and when the Headmaster allowed the person to enter in his office. The three teenagers hold out a breath for few moments before Professor Snape entered the office. He took out three flasks from his pocket and handed each one of them one flask.

“This is your potion. I have already asked the elves to create more amount of this potion for your future use and will be send to you as soon as it is prepared.” he said,” So, I wish to ask Professor McGonagall to explain you about the spells used in this potion and their working.”

Professor McGonagall moved forward and cleared her throat to tell them the charm used in this potion is known as ‘Imagination Charm’. She said,” The use of this charm is to specify the way you want to look when you drink this potion. So before you drink your potion, take out your wand and swirl it in the potion while thinking about your original resemblance and then how will you wish to look after drinking it and say ‘Imageo’. Is that clear?”

The children nodded.” Make sure you drink the potion in one gulp and not over drink it, it can cause skin infections. You have to take the next sip when you feel that the effects of the potion are wearing off.
Do I make myself clear?” said Snape.

They again, nodded their heads in agreement.” So, everybody think about their desired appearance. Make sure that you are swirling your wands while thinking. So, on the count of three, one . . . two . . . three” said McGonagall.

All of them took their flasks out and dipped their wands in the misty green solution. Once, they were on track and began to swirl their wands, the color of solution altered into a bright blue shade and all of them felt a tug at their naval and out of the blue found themselves inside the potion, delimited by mist in all the sides. They were not able to see anybody and were utterly baffled and after, they comforted themselves. They began to try to think about their appearance as instructed and saw a hazy outline of a person of same dimensions as themselves started to materialize before them in parts. Straight away, they began to concentrate on certain features of their body, those regions began to sharpen and at last, after everlasting amount of thought processing, their fake façade was absolute and muttered the incantation,” Imageo”.

Herewith, they, once more felt the weird sensation of transportation and abruptly, found themselves in front of the curious teachers.

“On, thank Merlin! You finally woke up from your trance. We were starting to get worried.” said McGonagall.

“Professor, we are completely fine. Thank you for being alarmed about us. Now, we have only one thing lingers to accomplish. . . Guys, ready to drink?” said James.

Both Albus and Lily nodded and without more ado, drank the whole potion in one gulp.

They felt like somebody was punched constantly at an express tempo while cracking their skull with a bunch of hammers. Soon, thereafter, a sensation of feeling nauseous and an enormous urge for screaming out loud in throbbing torture replaced the earlier misery. Soon, the feelings of infinite agony and pain closed. They opened their eyes and found that all of their teachers were smiling with pride and their happiness seem to be radiating from them and made the Headmaster’s Office, a pleasant place to live. The room was filled with universal peace and a serene calm which cannot be shattered by any disturbance.

“You look wonderful, Andrew, Brian and Alice!” said Dumbledore pleasantly. He flicked his wand and immediately, three mirrors emerged out of thin air in front of the three time travelers. The arrivals surveyed their appearance in the mirror and it felt like they are watching someone else in a parallel dimension.

James saw that his eyes were shining dark brown color with a mane of raven black color arranged in sleek pattern, similar to that of Charlie Weasley contradicting to the messiness of his unique style.

Albus eyes were shining a brilliant bright blue color with his usual raven black hair but with some streaks of blue in it.

On the other hand, Lily hair style and color were completely identical to that of Fleur Delacour (in future, Fleur Weasley) while retaining her usual chocolate brown eyes passed on to her by her mother and no freckles were present on her face giving it a radiant glow.

“Mum will be so proud of you, Jamie; you finally decide to hone your hair.” said Lily laughing gaily at the looks of her elder brother.

He also smiled at her good naturedly and replied in a cooing tone,” You are not looking bad yourself, my dear sister but I will miss your freckles. It looked so adorable on your face.”

“That doesn’t mean that I have to like it. I decided to look like usual French people do. Al, you finally look partially like Professor Dumbledore.” she added her last words towards her second brother.

“I hope it’s alright, sir” Albus added hopefully to the Headmaster who was beaming at the choice of Albus Severus’s new eye color,” I always wanted that color because my looks are exactly identical to Dad and I really found your eyes quite appealing.”

“Thank you so much, Al. I am really honored by your decision and by the way you all look quite endearing and charming yourselves.” the kids exchanged wide grins and then, the Headmaster continued in a grave tone,” Are you ready to go to the Great Hall for your welcome?”

Children looked at each other and it seemed like they were talking a million words in mere seconds in their minds. “Yes sir! We are ready.” they said confidently to the people standing in front of them and those who will protect their secret.

With this, they walked out of the Office following the three people which will be their aids in their voyage to initiate the series of events waiting for them to unfold.

Back to index


Chapter 6: The Discussions and The Welcome

Author's Notes: It feels so great to be finally back at this site writing stories for my readers. First of all, I really apologize to all my readers who were anxiously waiting for the next chapter. I believe I was just too busy with the stress to be at par with my studies, that I neglected everything else. Now, as I am in high school. the pressure to excel in academics, can delay the posting of my next chapters.
I would also thank MinistryMalcontent and Spenser Hemmingway for reading my chapter and assisting me to make this chapter better for all of you.
Lastly, don't forget to give your valuable views and suggestions because without your support, I would not be before you writing these stories.
Without further ado, read and Enjoy this chapter.


The home of Harry and Ginny Potter, which until few days ago was filled with happiness and the chattering of their children, was now cloaked in silence.

They were sitting in their living room thinking about their new-found discovery of their children traveling back in time. Ginny was staring blankly ahead at the box which held the culprits, the Time Galleons responsible for their children’s trip into the past.

“Harry, are you sure that they’re in the past?” whispered Ginny to her husband who held his face in his hands.

“Yes. I’m pretty much sure they are. I don’t see any other plausible explanation for their sudden disappearance from the face of the Earth without any trace,” he replied, raising his face to see his wife staring at a picture of their children above their fireplace while trying to blink back her tears.

He swiftly came to her side and hugged her while whispering soothing words in her ear. Finally the usually strong-willed woman in his arms lost her battle to hold back tears. She sobbed, embracing her husband. It was as if she was afraid that he would also vanish in thin air at any moment and leave her alone to fight against this cruel world.

“Please, Harry, I don’t want to see any of them hurt or in pain. We don’t even know whether they’re in a safe time period or not.”

“Ginny, please calm down. They’ll be safe wherever they are right now. I know it,” Harry said softly while wrapping his wife in a bear hug to reassure her as well as him that their little angels were safe and sound. “Do you remember the time when James added Nougat Nosebleed Candies to the cake prepared for George’s birthday?”

A smile graced her lips as a chuckle escaped her throat even as Harry wiped her tears with his fingertips. “It was an awful sight,” she replied. “Blood was sprouting from each of our noses and I felt like vomiting for days. I think only George enjoyed that prank.”

“You know I believe that all of those incidents were a warning for us that something big might happen. It’s just we were never able to understand these subtle hints.”

“Yeah, you’re right. Well, it is better than the news that Hogwarts was completely ruined by our son or that he might be the cause of his dear ‘Minnie’s’ death. The last time I met our former Head of House, she was trying to convince Professor Flitwick to take over as headmaster.”

“Sometimes, I really feel for her. I just don’t know how she handles the New Marauders because I, myself, believe that they make the twins, as well as the original Marauders, look like amateurs in comparison to the pranks staged by them.”

“I still remember when we all, the Potters and the Weasleys, received an owl from her for the children coloring the walls of the Great Hall a bright orange color. We were completely blinded when we entered the Hall. It felt like I was a child again entering Ron’s room.”

“I bet that Ron must have enjoyed that scene. I also observed that George was trying to hold back his laughter while Professor McGonagall was scolding us. It was really embarrassing.”

“Then, after all of us sent Howlers to our children, George secretly sent a letter congratulating them for their ‘prank extraordinaire’.”

“Gin, I have to admit it was an excellent prank, and they really made Professor McGonagall pull out her hair since she had to spend two weeks before the effects started to weaken.”

Ginny let out a gleeful laugh as her husband also joined in. Lastly, the feeling of misery and sadness that dominated the Potter residence was defeated by the sounds of laughter that echoed in the house as the humming of a melodious voice warmed their hearts.

Before they could continue, they felt a sudden sensation of heat as a bird with beautiful golden eyes and blue feathers materialized from the flames and flew to the perch hung over the fireplace.

“Mac, it’s good to see you after so many days,” said Ginny to the phoenix, which surprisingly had bonded with both Harry and Ginny on the day of their wedding and was a well-kept secret in the Potter family. Nobody except the Potters, Ron, Hermione Weasley, and the portrait of Albus Dumbledore, knew of his existence and the phoenix only appeared in front of his ‘masters’ when he felt strong waves of sorrow radiating from them.

‘Ginny, I felt huge waves of sadness radiating from both of you, and hence, I flashed here to discover the source of your worries,’ the phoenix replied.

“The kids have gone missing from the Hogwarts Express, and we believe that they’ve traveled back to our past,” answered Harry.

“But Harry, can’t we use these coins to get them back?”

“No Ginny, we can’t. There’s a reason for these coins to become so unpopular so their whole existence was lost in pages of some ancient book.”

“What do you mean?”

“Love, look…” But then he stopped and his gaze turned to the box which contained the remaining Time Galleons. He took out one piece and held it in front of Ginny so that she could clearly observe the intricate pattern engraved on the coins and continued,”… do you see the patterns?” She nodded her head in agreement.

“These patterns are actually various runes which symbolize time traveling, and the goblins used their own magic to create these coins. These coins were initially produced by goblins to increase their own profits. When they were popular, rich wizards and witches were crazy to know about their pasts. And the goblins, as cunning as they are, allowed humans to use these coins to fulfill their desires, but one needed to sign a special contract with them before they would permit somebody to use these coins. According to this contract, the whole property, as well as each and every article owned by the signer would be held as collateral. So, if the traveler was able to finish the journey, and return back safely, their property was returned to them. But if, by some unfortunate incident, they were unable to return to their own time, then the goblins had the right to sell the property. Hence, they managed to earn huge profits from these coins. Some five hundred years ago, some goblins turned into mercenaries, and they used these coins to steal from Gringotts. When the head Goblin came to know about these incidents, he stopped the production of these coins.”

“But then,” Ginny narrowed her eyes and hissed, “how did these supposedly ‘lost’ coins appear in your study?” She continued to stare at her husband accusingly as if she held him responsible for their children’s disappearance.

“Ginny…my love…I…I mean Aurors captured some mercenary Goblins some months ago and recovered these plates. When we went to Gringotts, they told us that they can’t take these back since it would probably cause problems in minting of new coins. They gave us some boxes especially made from a combination of mahogany and goblin gold to root out the magic from these coins before they can circulate them,” Harry said, refusing to make eye contact with his wife to avoid seeing the death glare aimed at him.

“Okay, I’m sorry for blaming you, but I still don’t understand why we can’t use these coins to assist us in recovering them.”

“Well, Ginny, look at the two sets of serial numbers engraved at the side. The one on the left hand side is the date when this coin activates, or in other words, if the date and month number engraved is same as the current date and month, then the portal will be opened and the time traveler will travel to the year written in the middle, while the other is the date when the reverse portal will be opened.”

“So… you mean that my angels will be stuck in time for five years?” She asked her face growing pale white.

“No. I hope not because… well the duration depends on each coin, and they can be stuck from a day to a century…” he stopped his babbling as he saw his wife’s incredulous stare. “I mean let’s hope that they will be stuck for less time; maybe a week or a month or even a year.”

As soon as she heard her husband, her legs became numb. She dropped herself to the ground, and her voice, barely a whisper, she spoke, “So there is no way I can help our children, Harry.”

Harry knelt down to her level, but as he opened his mouth to comfort his wife, his eyes lit with amazement like a child who had just seen Halley’s Comet. He quickly stood up and ran towards his study.

“Ginny, please invite your family to a dinner; to tell them about the children’s disappearance. After that, join me and Mac because I believe that we can assist our children.”

“What… what do you mean, Harry?” Ginny asked her husband curiously as she also saw the way her love’s eyes sparkled.

“Ginny, I am going to write a letter to the head Goblin to ask for help. I’m pretty much sure that if they investigate this ‘time trouble’, they could tell us about the year, they traveled as well as the time of the reverse portal.”

With these words, Ginny swiftly ran to the main fireplace to Floo her family for dinner as requested before joining her husband as the situation which was filled with despair and hopelessness, was transformed into one filled with hope shining like the Sun that could never be dimmed.

That Night in the Potters’ Residence...

After welcoming all the Weasleys to the dinner, everybody settled down. Molly Weasley silently exchanged looks with her husband about the tense and concerned expressions on the faces of the hosts.

“Is everything all right, my dear?” asked Arthur Weasley.

“Yeah, because we all observed that something is amiss with both of you from the start,” chimed Hermione while others nodded in approval.

Ron spoke.” Is the announcement you’re going to make the reason of your absence from today’s trial?”

“Harry, today, I received a weird letter from Rose stating that they haven’t seen James, Al, and Lily since the ride to Hogwarts. And, when they went to Neville, he told them they are doing a special assignment. Are the children all right?” asked Hermione to her best friends whose eyes widened as they turned to stare at each other before regaining their composure.

“We certainly hope so,” answered Harry.

“What does that supposed to mean, Harry James Potter? Do you think something happened to one my grandchildren,” asked Molly as she sprang to her feet narrowing her eyes like a cop interrogating the suspects.

Harry nodded. “We believe that they have sort… sort of been missing. Last time anybody saw them was during the ride to Hogwarts,” he explained as he finished addressing the stunned family members who were trying to process the information.

However, like the transient nature of time, which ensures nothing remains forever, the stillness which had come over the guests and had made them appear like statues, were broken as chaos erupted in the house.

Many cries for the safety of the children, as well as comments about not trusting your family came from around the room, as the Potters tried in vain to control the mob and to regain the peace which was dilapidated few moments ago.

“Please everybody, try to stay calm,” said Harry in a magically amplified voice to gain the attention of his family.

“Harry, why didn’t you ask the Aurors to search for evidence about their whereabouts? It’s not like that you have to ask anybody for permission to initiate a rescue mission. You are the Head Auror for Merlin’s sake!” yelled Hermione.

“It’s complicated,” replied Harry calmly.

“What’s so complicated that you can’t even assemble a team to search for them? If you need help, you could have asked the Law Enforcement for assistance!” snapped Hermione, her eyes glinting dangerously while at the same time, Ron was moving away from her to avoid coming in contact with his angry wife.

“HERMIONE, did you forget that you are talking about my CHILDREN’s disappearance?! Don’t you think that I would have instantly informed the department to start searching for them?” Harry retaliated, who observed his friend staring at her feet not making eye contact with him, clearly ashamed of herself for the outburst blaming Harry for the lack of action.

“Sorry, Harry. I just don’t know what happened, but I…I am really sorry for accusing you.” Hermione mumbled.

“It’s okay, Hermione. I know that you’re worried, but can I tell everybody why I believe that Aurors as well as Law Enforcers will be useless?” questioned Harry to his guests.

Everybody nodded in approval as he continued. “Well, we searched my study to find any clues about their whereabouts, and we found that a single object was missing. From the search, we concluded they have traveled back to our past.”

“But that is just not possible. Well, we know that Time Turners can usually make a person go back in time for a few hours, and even spells and potions made for time travel cannot make us travel back more than a few minutes,” said Hermione. Everybody else caught their breaths in their throats as realization of the dangers of time travel dawned on them.

“Yes, Hermione, it’s definitely possible. The object which allowed them time travel is known as a Time Galleon. It was actually made by goblins to earn profit, but when they realized that somebody was using them to steal money from Gringotts, they stopped the production. These little things can make somebody travel years even decades back,” Harry said gauging the faces of his family members as their already pale faces grew paler in fear as they ingested this new piece of information.

“But, I read about these coins. They were banned by the head Goblin five centuries ago. They were supposed to be extinct,” said Hermione incredulously. “ How were these able to crawl their way into your office.”

“Aurors arrested some mercenary Goblins who were illegally using these coins for their own advantage, but when we went to the goblins at the bank, they gave us a box to root out the magic present in them before they accept these coins.”

“He is telling the truth, Mione. Remember the box I brought, few months ago, it contained the galleons, but how were the kids able to surpass your wards as well as those made by the goblins?” asked Ron as his questioning glance was directed at Harry.

“I don’t know mate. I just don’t know, and that’s eating me up because when I checked the box after our discovery. Every ward still remained, not at all tampered with clearly suggesting that the box was not at all touched. I suppose that’s a mystery which only my children can answer.”

“But…” Bill opened his mouth to speak but was interrupted by his sister, Ginny.

“Bill, guys, I believe we must settle for dinner. I don’t think by starving ourselves, we can be of any help for the children,” Ginny said holding hands with her husband since the beginning of the arrival of her family. Everybody acknowledged her request as they moved themselves to the dining hall.

The dinner was a silent affair, which was the complete opposite of the usual dinner in the Potter-Weasley family. Normally they were filled with conversations and happiness. Everybody was quiet, only talking to answer questions, or to encourage Harry and Ginny that soon, everything will be all right.

The tranquil nature was quickly disrupted by the sound of hooting coming from an owl hovering outside the window of the Potter Residence. Ginny went and opened the window to allow the owl to drop the letter Harry’s hands before flying outside.

Harry tore open the envelope and read the message as a miniscule smile graced his lips, and Ginny who was sitting beside her husband, too read the letter and released a sigh of relief while everybody else exchanged confused looks with each other.

“Harry is everything all right?” Hermione asked taking Harry out of his reverie as she observed her friend to raise his face with a smile, a genuine smile, which was missing from the start of this evening.

“Yeah, well. We have some good news regarding the children. This afternoon, we sent a letter to the head Goblin requesting he assist us in finding the children. He accepted and started an investigation. According to this letter, the investigators were able to pinpoint the time period and the date of the reverse portal,” Harry said with a smile which was soon reflected on the faces of his family members.

“According to the investigation, the kids are in the year 1996, but the next part in not so good because the reverse portal is the day before the funeral of Professor Dumbledore,” said Harry.

“Thank goodness, Harry! At least, we know have a lead to where they are now,” said Ron as many cries about the children’s safety were raised, while others nodded their head in approval.

“This means, they’ll need to fight the invasion of the Death Eaters, right, Harry?” Bill asked his brother-in-law as he shuddered at the memory of the night when his face was scarred.

“Yes, Bill. They need to fight, but I’m actually not that concerned about the fights since the war actually started escalating during the last months of the year,” Harry said.

“I can’t believe that you’re taking this so coolly, Harry James Potter,” fumed Molly Weasley at Harry, while she was resting her hand on her heart. She inwardly prayed for her grandchildren’s safety.

Harry cringed at hearing his surrogate mother scolding him, but composed himself enough to reply. “Molly, I’m still worried about them, and I know my worries won’t ease until I see them healthy or telling me that they’re safe. In any case, I think that the fulfillment of my wishes is nearly impossible.”

“Harry is right, Molly. Don’t worry, they can hold their own in battle, but I’m more concerned about the fact that they’re living in the time where many people who they believed to be dead, is living near them, or the fact that their own parents haven’t still even started dating. Imagine the effects of this travel on their young minds and even if they came out of this completely untouched, their lives will be changed forever!” Hermione said making everybody’s eyes to bulge out of their sockets as they considered this possibility.

“If we can just contact them for some moments, we might be able to give some tips to pass their time before returning to us safe and sound,” said Hermione but jumped from her chair in fear as she rested her hand on her heart to try to calm her rapidly beating heart.

“Hermione, you are a GENIUS!” Harry exclaimed as Hermione jumped in fear while Harry ran to hug her. Everybody except Harry was exchanging confused looks with each other.

“I cannot believe this that the answer to all of our problems was in front of me, the whole time and I didn’t even notice,” said Harry to everybody present in the room.

“What do you mean, ‘arry?” Fleur Weasley, who remained silent for most of the afternoon, asked him.

“Today, after Flooing you all to come here, Ginny and I spent a healthy amount of our time searching the library to help our children. I read a book in which a way was written to contact a person who has time traveled to the past, but in all my stress, I completely forgot about the book. Thanks to Hermione, I just remembered about the book. Ginny, can you Floo Professor McGonagall to come here quickly with the kid’s luggage and items.”

“Okay, Harry,” Ginny said as she walked to the fireplace to do what was asked by her husband. Soon afterwards, the former Transfiguration teacher stepped out of the fireplace, and was not surprised to see every Weasley member present as she was welcomed by everyone.

Once she was settled, Harry told her about the reason for his children’s sudden disappearance, time galleons, letter regarding the investigation conducted by goblins, and the book he read in the library. He observed that her former teacher facial expression changed from shock about the revelation, to concern for his kids. “Professor, did you bring their belongings?”

“Yes, Harry. I did, but, before we can proceed, can you explain a little more about the way you’ll contact your children?” McGonagall asked while Hermione nodded her head vehemently with a curious expression on her face.

“Well, according to the book, the message is like any other sent by an owl, but this one can travel to our past. The three conditions that are required for a successful delivery are the fact that the messenger should love the time traveler, or travelers in this case. Secondly, messenger must know the year, the traveler has traveled to. The last part… well… let’s say this is a secret which I can’t really tell anybody due to… to the oath of secrecy with the Ministry,” lied Harry hastily.

The hesitation in his voice to tell the specifics of this kind of messaging quickly made Hermione, understand that the successful delivery of this message depended on a certain phoenix whose existence till now was restricted to the Potters, herself along with her husband, and her best friend’s mentor’s portrait. She, her husband and Ginny exchanged knowing looks with each other.

“That’s just wonderful, Harry. So, how soon can you contact them?” Arthur Weasley asked his son-in-law.

“Anytime, even right now, but… oh no, guys, we have a problem on our hands. I remembered that this kind of messaging is one way and one time. I mean, we can only contact the kids just once, and they can’t reply to our message. So, we can’t really know whether they are safe or not as well as we can’t be in constant touch with them. If only there is a way for us to be in constant touch…” Harry finished sadly as he realized their only way to contact his children will still not stop him from feeling terrified about their safety.

Everyone became silent as they mused about a method to assist the Potters, and everything around them became static until Ginny spoke with a hope in her statement. “Harry, we can use the communication mirrors which were gifted to you by Sirius.”

“That’s actually quite a good idea, Ginny but I don’t think their magic can work across time periods,” Harry said as he pondered about the idea given to him by his beloved.

“Harry, it might work,” said Hermione as everybody turned their attention to the brunette. “Well, I across a spell which is known as the… the Clock Whisper. This spell allows someone to communicate with somebody in the past. But the hassle is we can’t remain in constant touch, and this takes a lot of energy from the wizard or witch using this spell. However, if we can use this spell with the mirrors, and strengthen its durability as well as find a way to minimize the effect of the spell on the mirror, we can then probably use your mirrors to be in touch with the kids, but I’m not sure about my theory.”

“How long it can take you to test your theory, Hermione?”

“Considering the time to master this spell, and test them with the magical properties of the mirrors, it will probably take me the whole night to do it right. So, I believe that by the time, we will sit to eat lunch tomorrow, I can give you the mirrors.”

“That’s just perfect. So, as soon as you can give me the mirrors, we’ll be able to contact the children using the ‘method’ I found in the book and deliver the mirrors. After that, only time will tell whether our plans are a success or a failure.”

“If you need any help, we can also stay here and assist you four,” said Charlie Weasley.

“Thanks, Charlie, but I am confident that in between the four of us, we can handle this situation quite well. But, if we will require anybody’s assistance, we’ll Floo you,” Ginny said as she hugged her brother.

“Well, it is good to hear that at least we can contact the children. I think being in touch with them is as good as recovering them ourselves,” added Arthur Weasley. Soon, the usual atmosphere of a Weasley family gathering, which was filled with jokes, loud conversations but most of all, happiness came back with full force. However, the children’s disappearance gave Ron an opportunity to pull the legs of his best mate.

“I just can’t believe our ‘hero’ can be so irresponsible,” said Ron in a sing-song voice, giving extra emphasis to the words ‘hero’ and ‘irresponsible’.

“Yeah ‘irresponsible’ says a man who forgot his wife’s birthday nearly three years in a row.”

“You WHAT?” yelled Hermione at her husband as her eyes narrowed and her nostrils flared clearly indicating the hidden tigress which was waiting to hunt its prey. At the same time, the smile from Ron’s face was completely wiped away as it was replaced by a terrified expression. For the first time in his whole existence, he desired to be a meal for an Acromantula. At least, he’ll be able to avoid the impending torture waiting for him in his home.

“Ron, we’ll really miss you, my sweet little brother. You were such a good man. I hope your soul rests in peace. Don’t worry, we’ll be here to tell your kids about the brave man who died like a sheep, slaughtered by his wife,” said George in a sad tone as he wiped the fake tears from his eyes, while others laughed openly at the expression on Ron’s face.

“My dear Hermione… I mean my love… I think it is not my time to die. One minute… I mean we should first try to help Harry and Ginny recover our nephews and niece,” he whimpered while avoiding his beloved’s eyes.

“Hermione, I think you should spare your husband this time around, especially since he is important in delivering the message,” Harry said. Hermione nodded her head, still giving her husband her ‘death glare’ clearly conveying the message, ‘This is not over,’ while Ron released a sigh of relief.

Soon, the guests started to bid goodbye while speaking words of reassurance to the Potters.

“Mac,” began Ron and when Harry slightly shook his head in approval, “Can you please allow me to live in your house temporarily? My place is actually at high risk.”

Harry chuckled as he replied, “Your fault. I hope I’ll be able to speak with you tomorrow.”

“Ha-ha, very funny. Okay, goodbye.”

“Well love, I think we should complete our letter to our children before we fall unconscious from exhaustion,” Ginny said before standing on her tiptoes to kiss her husband.

**********

While at the same time in Hogwarts in the year 1996…

The Great Hall was buzzing with students who were busy chattering with their friends or busy filling their empty stomachs with delicious food that had been cooked by the house elves, but in either case, were lost in their own little world.

“Ron, will you stop shoving your food down your throat? I’m trying to concentrate here,” yelled Hermione as in his hurry to soothe his tasting buds, had hit Hermione with his elbows for the second time.

“What’s the matter with you, miss know-it-all? I am eating and you should know that, we, normal humans, need to eat food to do work, unlike you who eat pages of books,” replied Ron in a frustrated tone but he hissed in pain when Hermione shoved his head with the book she was reading.

“Oh, it’s so sweet Forge. Look at the love radiating from our lovebirds,” said Fred wiping tears of joy.

“You are right, my dear Gred. They are an inspiration even for married couples. They are f…” added his twin, but was interrupted as Ron threw meatballs at them.

“Dear Mione, please make your husband behave. I believe that your husband is being rude,” said George in mock hurt, while his other half retaliated by tossing the nearest food he was able to grab at Hermione, initiating a food fight.

“Harry… Harry!” Ron yelled at his best mate who was sitting near him reading Advanced Potion Making, completely oblivious to his surroundings.

“What… what happened?” asked Harry as he saw everybody looking at him keenly.

“Man, for some moments I felt like you had become a statue. Oh my Merlin, Hermione has used her evil magic on you and possessed you!” exclaimed Ron as he heard snickers from behind his back. Hermione glared daggers at Ron who slightly flinched as his face turned white as if he had just seen a ghost.

“Harry was studying, you dunderhead which is something you never do! Seriously Ron, learn something from him. You can easily see the improvement in his performance, especially Potions,” retorted Hermione.

Their little quarrel was, however, stopped as soon as Professor Dumbledore came inside the Great Hall with the Heads of Gryffindor and Slytherin following him. But what surprised everybody the most was that three unfamiliar children wearing Hogwarts uniforms were following the teachers.

“I apologize to everybody sitting in the Hall for interrupting your meal, but before you can continue to enjoy the delicious meal, we must welcome our guests. This is Mr. Andrew Bernard along with his siblings, Mr. Brian Bernard and Ms. Alice Bernard. They are transferred from Beauxbatons since the Ministry of Magic has invited their parents to help in the war. So, we all officially welcome them to the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. We all hope that they have an exciting year and before I forget, they have all of been sorted into Gryffindor. So, now you can join your new house mates as they will be your family for your stay in Hogwarts.” As soon as the headmaster finished his welcome speech, the kids were bombarded with questions and ‘welcome to Hogwarts’ comments. They quickly ran to their house table to avoid answering the questions thrown at them.

James and Albus went and sat beside the Golden Trio, while Lily chose to sit beside Ginny.

“Hi, my name is Ron Weasley and this bookworm sitting beside me is Hermione Granger,” said Ron in between taking bites from his dinner, ignoring the murderous look that Hermione was directing at him.

“Hi, my name is Harry Potter. Believe me, if you need any help in finishing your homework, just ask her. After all, she isn’t the smartest student of this school for nothing,” said Harry while shaking hands with his ‘future sons’.

“Thanks, Harry for your compliment,” said Hermione as her face flushed, her ears becoming crimson red like roses.

Soon, all of them were exchanging tales of their adventures and funny moments. Harry was having a comfortable talk with James about Quidditch, and couldn’t believe the way he was completely care-free with the new boy. He was feeling mixed emotions and was surprised at the way he was chatting with both of them about their lives like he had known them for years.

Ginny was feeling the same way about the girl with whom she was having an animated chat about their lives as the youngest child and only daughter of their parents.

“I just don’t know how you can handle six elder brothers when I can’t even handle my two dunderheads who I call my brothers.”

“Don’t worry, just stay with me and I’ll possibly tell you my secrets. I am sure once you learn the Bat Bogey Hex, they’ll listen to your every word,” Ginny said laughing with her new friend, still not sure about the way her heart reached out to the younger girl.

“Really? That hex is my favorite too,” Lily replied while laughing.

“Then Alice, you will really enjoy your stay here in Hogwarts,” said Ginny.

“I’ll also be looking forward to it.”

While at the same time, James observed that George sneakily added some kind of potion to Ron’s plate as he was distracted by talking with Al about his favorite Quidditch team.

“Uncle R… I mean Ron. I believe that you shouldn’t eat your dinner. It is unhealthy for you,” James said cautiously and silently berating himself for almost blowing his cover.

“Don’t worry, Andrew. We Weasleys can eat anything and still remain in excellent shape,” replied Ron. But, soon to his horror, and everybody else’s amusement, Ron’s hair became silver like an old man’s while his skin loosened. The whole house table erupted with laughter. Everybody patted the twins’ backs for pulling off a top notch prank on their youngest brother while Ron covered his face in embarrassment.

“The prank was well-planned but it would have been better if you had executed it without anybody knowing you slipped the potion in Ron’s dinner.” James said in a serious tone, as if he was scolding a child for stealing candies from the canteen.

The excited murmuring in the table came to a halt as it was replaced by stunned silence. Nobody could even imagine that the ‘masters of pranking skills’ were being criticized by a stranger.

“Oh… really? Then who are you, little bee, to make comments about our excellent pranking skills?” They said while glaring at James who stood up.

“You are talking to the ‘prankster extraordinaire’ of Ho… Beauxbatons School of Magic. To prove my point, let’s have a bet. If I’m able to prank you both in the next five minutes, then you’ll accept me as your superior.”

“And if we win, which we will, then you’ll do our homework for this whole year and call us your masters. Deal?”

“No, as a Prefect, I order you all to stop this nonsense. Right now! You really don’t want our house to lose points on the first day and especially during dinner!” said Hermione exasperatedly, but the twins and James, who already were staring at each other intently, completely ignored her comment. Hermione sat back with a dejected look on her face.

“Deal!” They shook their hands and walked back to their own places. With this, everybody held their breath to see the victor of this riveting contest and to see whether the twins would get a taste of their own medicine or not. Soon however, everybody released their breaths as they saw the twins striding towards their opponent.

“I believe that your five minutes are over, newbie,” said the twins towering over James, but they were quite unnerved by the cool expression on their challenger’s face like nothing had happened.

“If I was you, I would have selected my words carefully,” replied James calmly looking at his uncles.

“What do you mean?” They asked together but their question was answered as pimples started appearing all over their visages, and the color of their hair changed from orange to green. The most amusing part of their new look was the fact that their usual white shirts vanished and instead, were replaced by pink t-shirts on which was written in bright yellow: ‘We love to play with our dolls and dress like girls.’

Everybody was spilling their guts out while some fell to the floor laughing hysterically at the victims. Students from all corners of the Hall were laughing while the Fred and George were staring at each other before bursting out laughing at their appearances. They shook hands with James congratulating him for his performance.

“Man, that was amazing. Even we don’t have a clue about how you were able to prank us, this little act has compelled us to ask you to join us to cause mayhem in this school and to be remembered as the ‘greatest mischief makers’.”

“It will be a pleasure, gentlemen,” said James excited at the opportunity of causing mischief with his idols.

Once Hermione was able to contain her laughter, she said, “Never thought I’d see the day when the twins would be defeated at their own game. I must admit that Andrew must be a genius for pulling that off.”

“Believe me, this is just a sample. I’m pretty sure you’ll soon start to hate my brother. But, yes, I am quite confident that our headmistress will be jumping with joy on her desk since he is not going to attend this year.”

“He’s right. I’m sure that Andrew knows the Headmistress’s Office better than her since he almost spends nearly half of his time there attending his detentions,” Lily chimed in as she and Ginny joined the Golden Trio and Albus.

Al smiled slightly as he observed Harry sneaking looks at Ginny. He inwardly relished the opportunity of seeing his parents fall in love with each other.

After the students had reeled back to their dormitories for a good night’s sleep, the faces of the time travelers were filled with expressions of pure happiness as they dreamt about the various adventures waiting for them.

Back to index


Chapter 7: The Message From The Firebird

Author's Notes: You are not dreaming, I am finally updating this story after a duration of nearly one and a half years. So many things have changed since the last time I updated this story. I started this story in class tenth and now, I'm in my final year of high school.

In the meantime, I created an account on Fanfiction.net. So, you can also check that out.

Now, coming back to this story, this was definitely the most challenging chapter I ever wrote, not to mention the longest. But, I hope that the wait for this chapter was worth the delay.

But, before everybody else, I would like to thank Eric Bronson (Spenser Hemmingway) and Tom (MinistryMalcontent) for taking out time from their daily life and helping me to make this chapter better as well as to remove errors.

Please share your opinion about this chapter. After all, the only thing I can gain from this chapter is your views about my work. READ and Enjoy!!!!


The orange light of the morning Sun bathed the grounds of the castle where the three time travellers were sleeping completely unaware of the adventures waiting ahead for them.

Lily Luna Potter opened her eyes and blinked several times to wipe out the last remnants of sleep struggling to overwhelm her.

A smile crept across her beautiful face as she recalled the time she spent chatting with her mother’s younger self in the Common Room after everybody went to take a well-deserved rest to start their new year at the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry completely afresh.

She was definitely looking forward to spending more time with her; eager to know her mother when she was just a teenager who made mistakes and was keen on proving herself instead of a woman who was an ideal example of a lady who had full confidence in her own abilities and fiercely protective of her loved ones.

Lily wanted to be just like her mother when she is grew up; a woman, who was not only beautiful and graceful as a lioness moving closer to her prey, but confident, independent, and an epitome of optimism and inner strength. With that thought in her mind, she quickly prepared herself for the day and ran out of her dormitory to the Common Room.

Similar thoughts were running in the minds of her two elder brothers, James and Albus, as they came down to meet her in the Common Room. Their eyes were lit with excitement completely thrilled at the idea of studying with their parents and relatives. In James’ case, it was also a chance of causing mischief with his favourite uncles, Fred and George.

“Good morning, Lily!” greeted Albus as he enveloped his little sister in a bear hug.

“Morning to you too, Al!” replied Lily, her voice also filled with anticipation of the day ahead as she accepted the hug from her brother. She added in a sing-song voice, “Good Morning, Jamie,” clearly knowing that her brother disliked somebody who used his childhood nickname. According to him, this nickname was not good for boys his age.

James scowled at her but the nonetheless, greeted his sister.

“It is good that our disguises are holding well. I was a little worried about their stability,” said Albus as he released a breath, he didn’t know he was holding.

“Don’t worry; I have full faith that the Professors have made a good potion. We should be thanking them for aiding us. Otherwise we still would be hiding from everybody. But, yes, I’m worried that I’ll forget our new name or the information, we created as our cover story,” replied Lily little bit nervous as she bit her lower lip, a habit her father says she has inherited from her mother.

“What names and information are you talking about, my dear little baby sister?” asked James to Lily and continued completely ignorant at the fact that his sister was glaring daggers at him. “I can just imagine your face when you blow our cover.”

Albus quickly interrupted James as he noticed his sister’s face turning red with anger and replied before Lily could do any serious harm to his eldest brother. “Lily, just don’t listen to this idiot. You’ll not blow our cover, that’s for sure. The only person who we need to be wary of is our dearest brother because only he is capable of destroying our cover,” he said while giving Lily a reassuring smile.

Lily gave Albus a timid smile in return and turned to come face to face with James with her hands across her chest, her one foot tapping the carpeted floor and narrowing her eyes. It was a stance she learnt from her mother when she was angry, and she growled, “Utter one more word from your mouth, and I’ll Bat Bogey you so badly that you’ll wish to hide behind Mummy’s legs.”

James was about to angrily retort back at his sister, but quickly bit his tongue to stop the words in his throat when he saw his sister giving him the same look his mother gave him when she is absolutely livid with him. He gulped as he clearly remembered advice given to him by his father when he was young kid.

***

Harry told his son when he slept on the couch because her mother was angry at his father for some reason, “Jamie, whatever you do, make sure that you never mess with a redhead. Because, when they are angry, they are worse than Voldemort himself. Understood?”

James nodded while laughing at the advice given to him his Dad thinking,” This is so silly. How could somebody be worse than Voldemort?”

***
James had failed to understand the importance of the advice, but now he knew that his father was speaking with some experience as he thought, “Dad was right. Redheads are definitely scarier than even a rampaging Voldemort.” He was like a fish out of water ready to be a meal for the hunting bear as he said in a pleading tone hoping that he will not be a victim of her sister’s wrath. “I’m sorry, Lily. I didn’t want to anger you, but just release bit of your tension. Please forgive me.”

Lily nodded mutely and accepted her brother’s apology and said, “Okay, enough chit-chat. Let’s go before everybody eats our breakfast.”

“Too right! I’m starving and I couldn’t help Uncle Fred and George in their pranks. After all, causing mayhem in this school is not easy especially when your stomach is empty and you’re dying because of hunger,” James said as the three Potters walked towards the Great Hall in order to satisfy their growling stomachs.

****
In the Great Hall, Harry and Hermione were having a heated discussion about their classes and their expectations of the new academic session. Ron was busy shoving food into his mouth like a person who hadn’t eaten a single slice of bread for the past few months, completely oblivious to the conversation going between his two best mates.

“Harry, I’m so excited about this year. I’ve read the books regarding the topics, we’ll be doing until winter break, and they are so interesting. I’m especially looking forward to Transfiguration and Ancient Runes.” Hermione gushed out in one breath which made some first years passing them look at her awestruck. Once she became aware of the young kids looking at her with their jaws dropped, her cheeks turned crimson red as she ducked her head in embarrassment.

Harry and Ron openly laughed at Hermione who glowered at them but that only made them cackle harder.

“Harry, see, I told you that our Hermione is the biggest bookworm in this world, but you didn’t believe me. And, here’s your proof, even those little kids agree with me,” said Ron still laughing gaily as Hermione glared at him with a murderous look in the eyes. Harry quickly noticed the furious expression in his best friend’s eyes as he gulped and moved a little away from his best mate, whose death was just minutes away. He tried to warn Ron but decided against it because of the fear of what Hermione will do to him if he meddled with her prey.

Hermione stood up angrily and moved across the table with a grace of a lioness ready to take down her prey and a look that could’ve made Bellatrix Lestrange shiver in fear. Soon, she smacked Ron on the head and, before he could react, punched his shoulder.

“OW! Hermione, that hurts!” said Ron rubbing the sore spot and wincing in pain as he continued. “That was totally uncalled for.”

“Oh, really, then why did you made that comment about me?” she hissed, her face still red from anger.

“It’s not like I’m lying. What I said is completely true, isn’t it? I don’t know why are you trying to hide yourself?”

“No...I didn’t ...” but, Harry was completely unaware of the on-going argument between his two best friends as he observed Ginny entering the Great Hall, engrossed in a conversation with Luna Lovegood. He couldn’t see anything but Ginny as his eyes followed her, ‘I wish I could touch her silky red hair and kiss...No! What the hell I’m thinking, if Ron or for that matter, any of her family member came to know, then I’m dead. Yeah, I can just the painful ways by which they can kill me but... if I could kiss her once. I’m sure that the taste of her pink lips is as sweet as her. Harry, STOP YOURSELF bef...” His internal struggle ended when he realised that somebody was waving in front of his face and he, soon discovered the owner of the hand was Lily.

“I’ve been trying to greet you from the past five minutes but all I get in return, is a dreamy look with a silly grin plastered on your face,” said Lily with a smile on her beautiful face as she saw that Harry was glancing at Ginny.

She couldn’t stop feeling giddy at the thought of her father looking at her mother. She just couldn’t wait to tell her mother that she finally saw how her father used to peek at her in real and not in a bedtime story. But, the thought soon reminded her of the fact that she’ll be unable to get a bone crushing hug from her mother or the goodnight kisses from his father. She quickly masked her feelings as she listened to her father apologizing to her for not paying attention.

“So, Alice, did you sleep well?” asked Harry as he took another slice of bread from his plate which was forgotten until now.

“Yeah, very well. I couldn’t wait for my classes to start. Can I sit with you?” Lily said very softly like she was afraid that Harry will yell at her. She felt like she knew and doesn’t know her father at the same time. On one hand, her father was as gentle and sweet as his future self but on the other hand, for her father, she was just a stranger and not the princess, he adored. With each passing moment, she desired to be cuddled by her parents.

Her thoughts got disrupted when she heard her father’s reply. “Of course, Alice. You don’t need to ask me if you want to sit next to me. I have no problems.” Lily smiled gleefully as she plopped next to her father and quickly filled her plate with all the lip smacking food made by the house-elves.

The breakfast went on smoothly as they all chatted with each other. James rapidly swallowed his meal and stood to search for the infamous twins. His void was shortly filled by Ginny. The rest continued to eat their breakfasts while talking merrily and separated only when they heard the school bell ring indicating the start of the day’s classes.

*****
After morning classes at the time of Lunch...

James released a sigh of relief as he stepped out of Transfiguration classroom, completely drained. ‘No doubt that Dad said I was lucky to not have McGonagall as my Transfiguration professor. She’s strict more than she is at our time. No worries, I’ll wear her out soon enough.’ With a mischievous smirk on his face, he bid adieu to Harry and Neville to go and meet his siblings.

As soon as James entered the Common Room, he saw his siblings on the couch. Lily was reading a book about Charms while Albus was sleeping. “Hey, what’s up with you two?”

“Nothing, just doing homework assigned to us by Flitwick. Need to finish it today. He said he’s going to test us about the all the charms tomorrow, we learnt till now as a way to revive our knowledge about the charms, we forgot,” Lily said without raising her eyes from the book, she was reading.

“Okay, so ...why Al is snoring in the middle of the Common Room?” asked James while pointing at his brother.

Lily giggled and replied. “Oh... he was having his History of Magic class and Binns apparently haven’t changed at all. So, he was sleeping to reenergize himself for the rest of the day.”

Suddenly, a thought popped in the head of prankster James as he took out his wand and aimed at his little brother. Lily saw this and moved herself away in order to keep her safe from the impending fate of her beloved brother. James muttered under his breath, “Aguamenti” and as soon as he finished, a jet of cold water from his wand hit his brother on his face.

The reaction was instantaneous as Albus shrieked and fell out of his transit bed landing on the floor with ‘Oomph’. Once he was successfully able to come back to his senses, he saw his brother laughing merrily at his misery while Lily trying to stifle her laugh. His face quickly turned a bright shade of red in embarrassment which was soon replaced by anger as smoke came out of his ears and yelled, “What the hell, James? Why did you do it? I was just sleeping, you jerk!”

James was quick to retort back as he said in a sing-song voice, while simultaneously thinking about how much he loved to press Albus’ buttons. “You could have just blown our disguises, green eyes.”

Albus jumped from his spot to strangle his brother. “You...” but he was stopped in his endeavour by Lily who jumped between them as a barrier.

“Al, don’t waste your time on him. I’m sure everybody is waiting for us in the Great Hall. Come on, let’s go” and she took her books to her dormitory to complete it afterwards, most probably, after dinner while having a ‘girl-talk’ with her mother.

“You are lucky that she was here otherwise that would have been your last prank,” Albus said and, to prove his point, moved to smack James on the shoulder.

James skilfully dodged the punch and replied airily, “Empty threats won’t harm me, Al. You should know better. After all, you are my favourite target apart from Lily and Rose.”

Before they could further continue their argument, Lily came down the stairs with a skip in her steps as she said, “Come on, babies. It’s time to go for a snack.”

Both the boys scowled at her but acquiesced to their sister’s command as all of them went to the Great Hall to chat and soothe their growling stomach with the delicious food.

*****
Harry and his best friends entered the Great Hall to find it completely filled with students satisfying their empty bellies, but their gaze landed on the new students who sat in the corner chatting with each other and piling up food for their stomachs.

Harry moved forward to join them but before he could move a step further, a hand on his shoulder stops him and turns to see Hermione shaking her head. At his questioning glance, she spoke, “Let’s allow them to eat alone as a family. I’m pretty sure that they’ll want some time away from us so that they can discuss about their classes, after they are their first ones.”

Harry thought about this for a moment, then glanced at the seats, and was surprised to see three pairs of eyes staring at him. They smiled and waved at him and he happily returned the gesture.

Albus saw his father staring at him and smiled at him. He was expecting his father, uncle, and aunt to join his siblings, but instead they sat in between Neville and Seamus for the lunch. He, then observed his sister who was looking little sad that her Daddy hadn’t come to meet her. Also, since they haven’t spotted Ginny once after their morning breakfast, how it was dampened the spirits of the youngest redhead Potter. He knew that Lily who was being used to be the little princess in the eyes of his parents found this situation the most demanding.

He really felt for his sister, but he knew that when this little ‘past trip’ would be past all of them, then his sister would come out as a stronger girl. He knew this because he knew that Lily is not a quitter. She might falter but would never give up. She would endeavour to achieve the success, no matter the obstacles lying before her. He saw that James was also staring at her and when they made an eye contact with each other. They smiled knowing that everything would be alright at the end.

Meanwhile, a similar kind of internal debate was going on in the minds of Harry and Ron who were thinking about various methods to torture Dean bloody Thomas. As soon as Parvati told them that she spotted Ginny and Dean near the grounds, both of their minds went into overdrive.

‘How dare that slimy git even think of touching my sister? If he tries to take advantage of her innocence, then I’ll make sure that his death is a slow and torturous one. Oh yeah, I can ask the twins or maybe Bill to tell me about a curse that can cut his limbs or could even ask Charlie to roast him alive.’ While Ron’s mind was scheming ways to kill Dean, his best mate’s mind was on a completely different road.

‘How could Dean do the things to Ginny which I want to do with her? How could I have let her? And, why she’ll ever listen to me, after all, I am his brother’s best friend? If I hadn’t been a fool and asked her out instead of Cho. If, if, if...’ Harry stabbed his food with his fork like he was stabbing his worst enemy.

His musings were disrupted as he saw Ginny entering the Great Hall. He smiled but his bright mood, soon ended as he saw Dean ‘so-dead’ Thomas following her like a lost puppy. Oblivious to him, Lily also smiled at her mother and dropped her fork to...

Suddenly, her heart was filled with a sensation of warmth that made her feel like she had the power to achieve anything in this world and her ears drummed with a melody that she had only heard very few times in her short life span. Before she could determine the source, a flash of blue light made her blind for few seconds as she saw stars in front of her eyes.

She was not the only one in the Hall who felt this way because all the people including the teachers, students, and even the headmaster of the school, Albus Dumbledore, closed their eyes to protect them from the blue light. When he opened his blue orbs, his eyes widened in shock as he saw a blue bird, more specifically a blue feathered phoenix hovering in the Hall singing his song which warmed his heart to the core.

Similar kinds of reactions were recorded in the Hall from everybody else. There was a sense of disbelief on everybody’s faces. After all, a bird appearing completely out of nowhere was a rare event, even in the world of wizards and witches where everything is supposed to be possible. What left their mouths hanging open was not the fact that a phoenix has appeared but the fact, the firebird, instead of going to Dumbledore, like many believed, went towards the newcomers and landed gracefully on the shoulder of the youngest girl, Alice Bernard.

Once Lily and his siblings recovered from seeing a friend they never expected to meet in this timeline, they jumped up and down in delight while Lily squealed and danced in merriment. All of them welcomed the phoenix wholeheartedly. The phoenix trilled in happiness as he nuzzled the cheeks of his master’s and mistress’ youngest offspring.

“Hello, Mac. It’s so good to see you,” said James as he stroked the smooth blue feathers of the bird.

“Yeah, never expected to see you here,” Albus said in a cheerful tone.

Lily couldn’t contain her joy as she met a friend, which she couldn’t meet until she went to the time where she rightfully belongs. Probably, her parents will soon come to take her and her brothers, but before she could ponder on this subject more, her gaze fell on a piece of parchment tied to the legs of the Phoenix.

“Hey, guys, look!” Lily exclaimed as she pointed her fingers to the tied piece of paper. Her brothers followed her gaze and gasped as they saw the parchment.

“Could this be...” but James didn’t dare to complete the sentence as he felt his throat go dry in anticipation. He quickly untied the parchment and turned to see the name of him and his siblings in a neat handwriting, which he could decipher even it was completely dark. He reeled back in shock.

In the neat and elegant handwriting of her mother, the words were written:

To: James, Albus and Lily Potter

All the three kids stared at each other dumbstruck. Something they thought impossible until some moments back was now a reality and the proof was lying in their hands. Finally, James was able to break out of his stupor as he moved his fingers to touch the place where his mother had written their names. This parchment, in a matter of seconds, had become the most precious thing, he ever held in his hands easily surpassing all the amazing gifts given to him by his parents including Firebolt III.

With their hearts in their mouths and abated breaths, James opened the letter to discover its contents...

My two handsome sons and my beautiful daughter,

I hope you are all right. We know where you are, but we’re sorry because we can’t reach you. I feel so weak sitting here writing you this letter in the hopes that you’ll receive this little piece of parchment. I felt like I just lost a piece of my heart when I came to know that you haven’t reached Hogwarts. We know that you are in Hogwarts in the year 1996 as well as the reason behind this whole mess.

I know that this is not the first time I wrote you all letters, but I feel so lonely knowing that you could be in danger and I couldn’t do a thing about it. When you were all born, I promised that I will take care of you, no matter what, and to shelter you from all the hardships, but I am so sorry, my munchkins that I failed. I’m so sorry that I failed to protect you like I promised. I hope that you’ll forgive your mother.

I miss you all so much, sweethearts. All of you even, when you were in Hogwarts, I knew that you were all safe and sound and if any trouble came, they’d contact me. But, now, this is not possible, which makes this so much more heart wrenching.

James, I am sorry for yelling at you when I said goodbye to you at the King Cross. You are a wonderful boy even though you are mischievous and loves to annoy others, but you are also a good individual, a great friend, an excellent brother, and foremost, my son. I won’t have you any other way. You play pranks on your loved ones not because you like to tease us but because you want everyone to be smiling. You might cause mayhem and be Achilles heel of some people because they make you brothers and sisters and friends sad.

And even though I shout at you and sometimes, no often, angry with you for one thing of other, but remember that I’ll always be proud of you, my son. Please take care of your brother and sister for your parents.

When James read this heartfelt confession of her mother, tears welled up in his eyes in pure happiness. He was delighted, he felt like he was on top of the world, when he read that his mother is proud of him. He couldn’t help but a brilliant smile lit up his face. This probably was his biggest accomplishment to date.

Albus and Lily were also smiling at their elder brother, and the little redhead girl decided that this was the perfect opportunity for teasing her brother. “Do I see tears in your eyes, my dear macho brother who always boast of being a man?”

She was surprised though when instead of retorting back, James laughed and replied, “Yeah, but I will be an insensitive brat if I say that this has no effect on me. After all, my mother just told me that she is proud of me. And who wouldn’t be so happy when their mother tells them such?”

Lily just smiled and hugged her brother tightly while Albus nodded to his brother who acknowledged this gesture with a smile.

“Okay, can we read further?” James asked inquisitively when everybody settled down. Everybody nodded and continued to read further.

Albus, my shy, intelligent son. I hope that you are helping your siblings because without your intelligence, I am sure they can’t do anything. If you were not there, then I would probably be worried at the fact that your brother and sister might kill each other. As soon as I laid eyes on you and saw your beautiful emerald green eyes, so similar to your father, I knew that you’ll grow into a kind-hearted, generous and smart individual like your father.

You are so similar to your father, not only in appearance but also the way you behave, but at the same time, you are so different. You have my smile, your father’s perchance for trouble and my determination. You once asked your father why everybody expects you to be as brilliant as him, and sometimes, you feel the need to prove yourselves. I am probably repeating the words, Harry said, but they are so true. There’s only one Albus Severus Potter in the whole wide world, and there will be nobody like you again. You are unique in your own amazing way and be like that. Don’t ever change it and you will never need to prove anything to us ever. Being our son is the reason enough for us to love you and cherish you. Always remember this, my little knight in shining armour. Always keep smiling.

Albus had a similar kind of reaction to the words of her mother. Being a little more sensitive boy than his brother, tears of happiness fell from his eyes. He laughed gaily and embraced his siblings tightly. They responded with equal passion, love and intensity as the kids share a little family hug.

Now, at last, Lily, my angel and your daddy’s princess, I hope that you are all right. I miss your cuddles so much, my little redheaded fairy. I am missing playing with you, telling you stories, kissing you on the forehead, just talking with you. Baby, you know, each day I thank the supernatural to have blessed me with such a precious and sweet daughter. Each day you are growing up but for me, you’ll always be the little girl I first held in my arms. You truly are my special girl. If your brothers hassle you and don’t listen to you, then just tell me when you comeback. I’ll make sure that they’ll learn to cater for you but I’m sure that you’ll handle them yourselves. Sometimes, I really get scared at the thought that you’ll not need me.

Your grandpa once told me on my wedding day that being blessed with a daughter is the best and worst day of their parents’ lives. I was confused at the moment, but as soon as I held your little fingers, I understood that he was right. Each day, I thank that you came into my life as well as dread the day when you’ll leave us to start your own life and family.
I love you, my sweetheart so much. I hope to see you soon.

Lily was sobbing on her brother’s chest. She was happy that her mother missed her as much as she has in the past days but reading the letter has evoked memories that she tried to lock but she failed miserably in her endeavour.

“I miss my mummy; I just want to be back with both Daddy and Mummy. It is not fair.” Albus was stroking her sister’s hair and whispering soothing words in her ear in an effort to calm his melancholic sister.

James gazed at his sister sadly. He knew how much Lily was from trying to fool everybody into thinking that she was fine. He has watched her take her first steps and instantly knew that she was miserable from inside. Probably, her tears were the first steps in a long road for recovery and coming in terms for Lily.

“Lily, will you spend the whole time crying or will read the letter further?” James said jokingly trying to lighten the mood of Lily.

It worked like a charm as she nodded and asked in a timid voice which was so unlike her vivacious and bubbly attitude, “Promise me that we’ll meet them soon?”

“I promise, Lils!” said James. With this, the attention again focussed back to the letter lying in front of them.

Children, I ... They saw some tear stains on the piece of paper, and assumed that these little drops of salty water fell from their beloved mother’s eyes. Their suspicions were confirmed when they read the next line and clearly, saw the difference in the handwriting from their mother’s calligraphic writing to their father’s messy scrawl.

Kids, I hope that you are all fine. Please stay together during this time. I share the sentiments of your mother and I’ll miss you all so much.
This letter might be the last piece of communication between us because Mac could only send this message only once. After that he will be unable to travel back to your timeline. Last night, we told everyone in the family about this crisis and with help from your uncles and aunts, we came up with a solution to the problem for us to remain in contact with each other. The solution is there with the letter. Once you make sure that you are out of reach from everybody, just call us and if everything works out, then we’ll answer you immediately. But, we can’t guarantee you anything because this’ll be the first time, somebody will try this method.

If you can’t reach us, then both your mother and I will like to tell you that we both love you.

James, I’m pretty much sure that you are happy because you finally have an adventure in your hands. Please stay safe and most importantly, together. I hope that you enjoy your time.

Will meet you soon.
With love,
Your Mum and Dad.

James sprung to his feet as soon as he read the contents in the hope that they might be able to contact their parents. He quickly free the second piece of parchment tied to the leg of the phoenix. As written an object fell into his hands which he soon discovered was a shard of mirror.

“Shard of mirror, how will this help us?” Lily asked dubiously eyeing at the mirror.

“Not just any shard. It is a two way communication mirror. Dad told me that Grandpa and Sirius used to talk with each other in Hogwarts when they were in detention,” James told his siblings.

Lily eyes shined with a spark of hope ignited inside her. “So, what are we waiting for? Come on, let’s go to the Common Room, there we can use the mirror since everybody is here.”

“She’s right! Come on, Al, let’s go! Thanks Mac for delivering the letter and the mirrors. Express our gratitude to Mum and Dad and tell them that we also love them and miss them,” James said stroking the feathers of the blue phoenix’s wings.
Mac sang in delight and satisfaction at the fact that he was successful in his endeavour to deliver the message. With a trill then, he returned to his master and mistress’ timeline the same way, he came to deliver the all-important letter tied to his legs.

The Potters stood there for a moment before running out of the Great Hall for their house’s Common Room, their lunch lying on the table forgotten and untouched. Unbeknownst to them, the whole school including the staff as well as the students saw the arrival, their expressions while reading the letter, and the group running out of the Hall after the disappearance of the firebird.

“Did you see that?” Ron asked to his best mates, awestruck at the turn of events.

“I thought that Dumbledore was the only wizard who has a phoenix as his pet. Do you know what does this means?”

“No, Hermione. We don’t, please stop playing riddles and tell us what do you think?” Ron said exasperated.

“Well, we all thought that Fawkes considers Professor Dumbledore to be his master because of his power and his actions to get this Wizarding world free from evil. And, phoenixes only help those who support goodness and light magic. So, their parents must have done something great for the light.”

“You are probably right, but how then we don’t know about them? Any person who owns a phoenix must be a celebrity.”

“I never thought of that, Ron. They might hide this fact really well. I think they only use the phoenix in dire circumstances. Didn’t see the tears in their eyes when they were reading the piece of parchment, which I guess was a letter.”

“Why would they send a letter with a phoenix not an owl? If they are trying to hide the bird, them why reveal it to do such a trivial task?”

“Probably, they did it to make sure that nobody else could intercept their letter. After all, they told us that their parents were helping in the War. The letter might contain some valuable information,” Ginny said as she also joined the conversation.

“Guys, I think we should stop talking about this topic. Whatever might be the reason of the letter or the phoenix doesn’t concern us,” Harry said finally breaking his ‘vow of silence’.

“Doesn’t this surprise you at all, Harry? I know that you must be curious about this whole thing,” Hermione said as Ron nodded his head in agreement.

“Of course this makes me curious and surprised, but doesn’t mean that we have the right to poke our noses into somebody’s personal matters,” Harry replied sternly indicating that this topic is over.

Ginny understood the reason behind Harry’s statement. After all, he also faced the same problem when everybody tried to decide and meddle with his life. She really felt for him sometimes; whenever somebody told him something about his parents that any child might know about them.

“But...”

“Ron, I think Harry’s right. We can’t meddle with somebody else’s life. We all are curious, but we will not ask them anything about this whole event until and unless they are ready to tell us,” Ginny said in a tone which was eerily similar to her mother’s tone when she wanted to end an argument. The effect was instantaneous as everybody dropped this conversation and continued discussing about their day.
*****

The Potters ran all the way to the Common Room completely oblivious to the weird looks students were giving them. They were panting heavily when they reached their destination, but their nervousness and excitement has made them hyperactive. They were sure that they could go to the Moon and comeback and they will still have the energy to test the mirror.

When they finally got their lost breaths back, they looked at each other as James motioned them to follow him to his boys’ dormitory. They climbed the stairs and finally the moment came. They locked eyes with each other as James brought the mirror near his mouth and whispered very softly, “Mum! Dad! Anyone there?”

They waited for response from the other side for some moments while gazing at each other’s eyes and observe as the shine of hope sparking in their eyes, not long ago was diminishing very rapidly. Suddenly, they were startled by a voice...

“James, are you there?”

James couldn’t believe his ears as he heard the sweet voice of her mother. His throat dried up as he tried to answer back but found that he was incapable of speaking. He was speechless and stunned. It seemed like he had lost the ability to talk. For him, it felt like an eternity has passed, but in reality it was only few milliseconds.

Before, he could muster the energy to croak a reply, Lily snatched the mirror from his hand in a quick, fluidic motion as she yelled. Her voice was overflowing from happiness. “Hi, Mummy!” Finally, the spell that had mesmerized the occupants of the room broke as they heard a reply.

“Lily, how are you my sweetheart?” They could all hear the relief and contentment in the voice of Ginny Potter.

“Until this morning I was good, but after hearing you, I’m in bliss,” Lily said, her insides dancing with joy. She wanted to yell from the top of the Astronomy Tower in delight and sheer exuberance.

“Boys, are you all right?” Harry’s voice floated from the mirror as finally the family of the Potters, who were separated by the wall of time was able to break the barrier which made both the children and their parents miserable.

“Yes Dad! We’re all great!” came the reply from James and Albus Potter, their feet shaking in pure delight.

They chatted for a few seconds when the children heard a gasp come out from their mother’s mouth. They looked at each other confusedly and shared worried glances that probably might lost the contact.

“What the ... What did you do to your faces?” The Potter’s younger generation exhaled a sigh of relief as they told their parents about all their preparations to tackle this problem head on.

Harry and Ginny looked at their children, slightly impressed but their eyes were filled with pride to the brim. They were so proud of their children and told them so without their hesitation. They laughed heartily as they saw their kids’ cheeks turned rosy pink.

“I told you that you all make an outstanding team that can beat any obstacle, but you didn’t believe me. This is your proof that I was indeed right,” Harry said, his heart filling with warmth, a touch of healing and love soothing his soul.

“James, I need you to do a task for me which I’m sure will help you in keeping your disguises. Are you ready?”

James felt his chest tighten with pride, as he confidently replied, “I’m ever ready. Just tell me what is it and consider it done?”
“I knew that I could trust you all. Okay, here it goes...”

*****

Potter Manor, Ginny’s POV:

I came out of bathroom after taking a long and relaxing shower. I was humming the lullaby I used to sing for my kids when they were unable to sleep. It always worked like a charm. They used to sleep like a log after that. I think James and Lily liked it the most.

Harry is in his study inspecting the reports about the various investigations undertaken by the Auror Department last month. Well, I don’t think that he’ll be coming down any soon. So, I guess I can read a book or write the pending article of the match between the Cannons and Tornadoes. With that thought running through my mind, I changed my wardrobe into more comfortable night clothes.

After eating some fruits, I sat down on my desk and glanced at the shard of mirror. I am so thrilled that the plan worked. I can talk to my kids whenever I wish, but, still it doesn’t compare to the hugs or the kisses.

‘Goodnight, pumpkins. Sleep tight’ I whispered. I closed my eyes and the flashback of the beautiful memories I shared with my perfect family. Meanwhile, I guess my hands were working on their own accord. After all I didn’t even understand how I was able to finish half of my report until tomorrow. But, I am not complaining.

I jumped nearly eight feet in the air when I heard her daughter’s ringing voice calling her.

‘Mummy, Mummy, are you there? I need to talk to you.’

Startled, I swivelled around to see the source of the voice was the mirror. Stupid mirror; nearly gave me a heart attack. One minute... mirror...My eyes widened like saucers as I realised that my daughter was calling me! I grabbed the mirror and whispered my angel’s name.

“Hey, Lily, is everything all right?”

“Yeah, everything’s good. I just wanted to talk to you! I missed our ‘girl-talk’.”

I smiled in pleasure at the knowledge that she also missed our late night talks. “I also missed our conversations, angel.”

“Mummy, here you are all so different, as well as same.”

I was again taken aback from her observations, but nonetheless asked her to elaborate on her remark.

“I mean to say that you all behave the same way, well mostly, but I can’t go to you for hugs and you don’t give me goodnight kisses. I know that I am here in the past and for all of you I am just a stranger. But, it hurts!” My heart shattered to pieces when I heard my daughter crying. I wanted to take her in my arms and cover her face with kisses.

“Baby, don’t cry. Everything will be fine. You are my strong daughter. Don’t worry when...”

“No! Nothing is all right! Each night I sleep thinking I might be dreaming but each morning, I realise that it is not a dream but reality. You know, I always wanted an adventure like you guys. I wanted to know when you were young from my own eyes and not from stories. And, I got my wish. I was excited at first, but then, as time went by, I only wished to be back with all of you grew. I can’t go to Daddy because I don’t know how he’ll react or confide my secrets in you.”

As she continued to confess her true feelings, I knew she was hiding from everybody. I became more and more miserable seeing my daughter so weak. I cursed myself for not being there for her.

“Sweetie, remember that we’ll always be with you in your heart. You are a beautiful girl and I’m so proud of you. Don’t let this whole mess get to you. See this as an opportunity to know your family better. Always smile, my sunshine and this time will be over in a blink of an eye.” I tried to comfort her, but instead of seeing a smile on her face, tears welled in her already red eyes.

“Mummy, I’m going to tell you something that I haven’t told anyone.” She took a long breath and continued in a whispered tone. “I am having nightmares each night from the time we came back, but I used Silencing Charms so that nobody could hear my screams during the night. Whenever, I wake up, my first thoughts is to go to you and snuggle myself between you and Daddy.”

I smiled sadly at her and with tears brimming my eyes at the sight of my daughter looking so morose. I continued, “Lily, I don’t know about your father, but promise me whenever you’ll have a nightmare, you’ll either go to your brothers or you can go to my younger self too.”

She looked at me astonished and said, “You really mean that? Wouldn’t the younger you be surprised to see me if I go to see you?”

“Of course she would be surprised, but that doesn’t mean that she’ll push you away. I can guarantee you that she’ll try to comfort you. After all, I’m her future self.”

Finally, she smiled to my agonised heart’s relief. “Okay Mummy a...” Suddenly her eyes widened as she spoke hurriedly, “I think, somebody is coming down. Goodnight, Mummy. I love you.”

“Love you too, sweetheart.” With that, her face in the mirror vanished. I continued to sit on the edge of my bed holding the mirror and gazing at a photo of Lily with me when she was younger.

I was startled once again, when I felt arms snaking my waist, and I smiled as I heard my husband’s affectionate voice whisper in my ear, “Missing Lily?”

I turned to face him. “Yeah. I hope that she is all right. Now, I feel that we shouldn’t have given them mirror for contacting us.”

His eyebrows rose as if asking me a question and I told him of my recent conversation with our daughter. He embraced me tightly when I finished. “I feel so bad knowing that she is sad and miserable. And, the worse thing is I can’t help her. I always dreaded the day when I will be incapable of consoling our children. This was my worst nightmare which has turned into reality. I want to curse myself so badly for not being the mother, she deserved.”

“Don’t you ever say that again! You are wonderful mother. You are right that we might not be there for our children physically, but we’ll be always be there in their thoughts and hearts.” My heart beats quickened and goose bumps appeared on my arms as I heard Harry whisper reassuring words in my ear.

“I know, but Lily...”

“She will be perfectly fine. Don’t forget, she has you.”

“But, I’m here and...”

“I’m not talking about you, but rather about your younger self. Many things have changed since your fifth year, but one thing which remained constant is your loving and affectionate attitude towards those near your heart.”

I smiled inwardly at his words and thanked Merlin for having blessed me with the most perfect husband, any woman could ask for. He always knows what to say to make me feel better.“I hope that what you said is right.”

“I know that I’m right!” With that, his lips descended on mine. I tried to resist him for few seconds but soon, I’ve lost myself in the taste of our lips.

*****

Hogwarts, 1996...Ginny’s POV:

I came down the steps from the dormitory with a wand in my hand when I heard a voice coming from the Common Room, which I recognised as someone crying.

On further inspection, I found that the ‘someone’ was Alice who was weeping with a letter in her hand. When she looked at me, she stopped and clutched the letter little more tightly.

“A letter from home?” I enquired and her answer was a nod. I just stood there for some moments waiting for Lily to continue, as I was unsure on how will she react if I tried to comfort her.

Lily spoke after few minutes of silence. “Yeah, I’m just missing my parents.”

I really felt bad for her. She was the youngest and from whatever, I was able to gather from our chats, was that she was very close to both of her parents and being the youngest, her bond with her parents was particularly strong. I guess, I could relate to her since I was also the youngest and knew how hard it is for her to be away from her parents.

I sat down beside her and did the only thing which came to my mind. I pulled her for a bone crushing hug like my mother whenever I was afraid. She became stiff for a few seconds. I was scared that she might push me but she relaxed and moved herself to snuggle with me tightly.

After a few minutes of embracing each other, she pulled away and said, her eyes downcast, “Can I come to you always if I ever had nightmare?” She made an eye contact with me and continued, “It is fine if you don’t want like it. I only said this because you remind of my mother and I missed her so much.”

I smiled gently and said, “Of course, you could come to me anytime.” I hugged her once again as to tell her that she shouldn’t hesitate to come to me for any reason.

It was amazing that I’d only known her for a few days. Even then, I often feel that I share a bond which is quite similar to the bond I share with my mother. This thought alone was able to excite and make me scared at the same time. I knew I could do anything to keep her safe.

My thoughts were broken when I heard a mumbled “Thank you” from her position near my heart. We continued our embrace for a few more minutes as the sky turned darker as the night progressed.

Lily was absolutely delighted. She nuzzled her head deeper into the breasts of her mother enjoying the feeling of warmth and affection that always seemed to be radiating from her hugs with her mother. She felt more at ease with the circumstances knowing that many things had changed between this timeline and her original timeline, but her mother’s hugs were one of the things that had remained constant over the years.








































Back to index



Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.siye.co.uk/siye/viewstory.php?sid=129327