Harry Potter, MI-13 Agent Extraordinare by Milarqui



Summary: *** Winner of Best Overall, Characterization, and The People’s Choice Award in the Harry Bond 007 Challenge ***
Harry Potter, MI-13 Agent, is tasked to infiltrate Draco Malfoy's ball when rumours of Death Eaters trying to resurrect Voldemort become known. For this task, he is partnered with fellow Agent Ginny Weasley.

Sparks will jump between them before the mission is through, though...
Rating: PG-13 starstarstarstarhalf-star
Categories: None
Characters: None
Genres: None
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Published: 2013.05.08
Updated: 2013.05.11


Harry Potter, MI-13 Agent Extraordinare by Milarqui
Chapter 3: Chapter 3: Mission
Author's Notes:

3: Mission

Harry got out of shower and started to get dressed for the occasion.

Tonight, he would be infiltrating Malfoy's ball, next to Ginny Weasley, both of them on their mission for MI-13. On his dress robes, he carried everything he might need to make sure the Death Eaters were caught. So would Ginny Weasley.

In regards to Ginny Weasley, in the last two days they had met several times. It was an attempt to establish a cover for why they would go together to the ball — after all, two people don't just up and go to a great social event together when they don't even know each other — but it also allowed them to meet each other. And the more Harry met Ginny, the more he thought she was one of the loveliest women he had ever met.

He vowed to himself that, after the mission ended, he would work on knowing her even better than now, so that he might check if she could be a long-term companion for him. He was interested in her, and could see himself growing old next to her.

But, first, he had to get through the mission. And that required dress robes. Ugh.

He had finished up putting the last touches — some light cologne and checking everything was in its place — when the doorbell sounded.

Harry went towards the door, and when he opened he was greeted by the lovely sight that was Ginny Weasley in a strapless green dress that accentuated her natural curves without looking too much.

Then he also saw Hermione and her husband, Ronald.

“We wanted to escort Ginny here,” Hermione said with a smile.

“Besides, I wanted to tell you a couple of things,” Ronald said. “First thing first, please, take care of Ginny.”

“Ronald, I can take care of myself,” Ginny said, rolling her eyes.

“I know that, but I — and our brothers and parents — would feel a whole lot better if Potter makes sure nothing happens to you.”

Ginny rolled her eyes again, but chose not to comment.

“Now, a warning. If you ever hurt Ginny, you can be sure that you will have the wrath of all of us Weasleys behind you.”

Harry smirked. He had faced lots of horrors and enemies, so such a threat did not scare him. However, he chose not to comment on that fact.

“Do not worry, Ronald, your sister is in the best of hands.”

“I hope so. Did I mention that my brother Charlie is friends with a couple of big nasty dragons?”

“Hermione, take this idiot out of here, before he gets reintroduced to his own bogeys,” Ginny said.

“Come on, Ron, best if we let them go their own way,” Hermione said, pulling her husband along. “Good luck, and be careful. Both of you.”

“Thanks, Hermione,” Harry said, as he watched the couple leave. He then turned to Ginny. “Sorry I didn't say this before, but you look magnificently beautiful.”

“Thank you, kind sir. You don't look half bad, either. Although, I'd say normal clothes fit you better.”

“So, is there anything that you are wearing that you might miss if it gets ripped?”

“There might be, depending on why you ask.”

“Because I think that, maybe, if you are willing, I might rip all of your clothes after we finish the mission so that I can put you on the bed and have my wicked ways with you.”

“You might find that there is not much to rip, Potter, and if you are a good boy, you might not even have to do any ripping.” Ginny's eyes became two hazel rocks, burning with desire.

“And a very dirty mind to boot,” Harry replied, trying, mostly unsuccessfully, to push down his own desire. “I find myself liking you more and more as time passes.”

“Good. Shall we, then?”

“Sure.”

The two agents Apparated at the same time to the strategic Apparition point near Malfoy Manor, from where they took off towards the imposing and decadent mansion.

The first hour of the ball were a bit boring, especially as there was no one they knew. Things got a bit more animated when Ginny found that a couple of her partners in the Holyhead Harpies had been invited to the ball as well, so she dragged Harry towards them and they engaged in a lively conversation involving several things, most of all Quidditch, but also Harry's presence — with the two girls needling Ginny over her getting hooked up with one of the richest people of Magical Britain — and other events that have taken place recently.

It was three hours into the ball, with things rolling in position, that Harry and Ginny made their move.

Ginny transfigured her heels into more comfortable shoes, and both of them sneaked out of the ballroom, disguising it as an attempt to get some “alone time” with each other, but actually moving upstairs, towards the room they sought.

Harry used the ward nullifier to open a hole for Ginny to pass through, and then he slipped inside as well with the nullifier so as to not raise the alarm.

It was then that Ginny took a jar out of one of her pockets and opened it, letting a beetle out. The beetle transformed into a forty-something old woman with short blonde hair and green electric make up.

“Thank Merlin, I was getting bored in there,” she said, dusting some imaginary dirt from her robes.

“OK, Rita, I know you hate this, but it's back into your bug suit before Malfoy and the others arrive,” Harry said, putting the Recording cube under one of the armchairs.

“I know, I know, sorry for transforming back for a few seconds,” Rita Skeeter, journalist-turned-spy, said sardonically, before once more turning into her Animagus form and flying to hide in somewhere where she would not be seen.

“We are good, Ginny, let's get out of here.”

However, when he activated the nullifier, something happened. Or, more like, didn't happen.

“Damn, it's not working,” Harry said.

“What?” Ginny asked, incredulous.

“I said...”

“I know what you said, Harry, I'm not deaf. What are we going to do, then?”

“We'll have to hide in here,” Harry said, wishing his and Ginny's Animagus forms were small enough to hide, but a wolf and a horse were quite hard to hide in this room.

“Do you have your Invisibility Cloak?”

“Yes. But it will only cover one of us.”

“Not if we sit very, very close.”

Damn, Harry thought, and for a very different reason as before. The idea of being so close to the object of his desires did not do much to his thinking processes, and looking at Ginny, he could see that she was in a similar situation.

“Our best bet,” Harry said. He went to the most out-of-the-way corner, pulled out his one-of-a-kind Invisibility Cloak (that had charms on it that made it far more useful than others) from one of his innumerable pockets and sat on the corner, looking towards the centre of the room. Ginny sat on his lap, and between the two of them they managed to cover themselves with the cloak.

“Don't you look cosy in there?” Rita said, breaking cover for a second before turning again into a beetle. And right on time, because soon Malfoy and his fellows were entering the room.

The meeting between them lasted forty minutes, forty of the most torturous minutes of Harry's life. He was struggling to concentrate on something that was not Ginny's delicious curves against him, and his hands were fighting to not wander away from their positions around her waist. Not that she had it easier, because every touch of Harry, by his hands or anything else, were making her heart beat at double the normal rate, and heat was pooling inside of her because of his hot breath over her shoulder and neck.

Things ended quite abruptly, though. As the Death Eaters were leaving, Ginny started to feel tickles in her nose. She tried to cover her nose to stop it, but it was too late, and she sneezed.

“There's someone here!” Draco Malfoy shouted, bringing all of the other Death Eaters into the room again.

“Where?” one of the other Death Eaters asked.

“They must be invisible. Homenum Revelio!”

For a second, Harry was scared, but then he remembered his Invisibility Cloak protected him from that kind of charms. Still, he got his wand and a Stunning Sphere out of their pockets, and Ginny did the same.

“Are you sure about it, Malfoy?”

“Yes, I heard someone sneeze! Aguamenti!” he cried, shooting a stream of water with his wand. Knowing it was going to hit them, Harry pulled the Cloak from over them and threw his Stunning Sphere in the direction of the Death Eaters.

“Potter?” Malfoy and one of the other Death Eaters (Nott, apparently) seemed surprised to see him in the room. Their distraction served Harry well.

Protego!” Harry and Ginny (who had also thrown her own Sphere) shouted, right on time, because the Spheres explode and a red wave surged from them.

Ginny stood up and pointed her wand at the fallen Death Eaters, which was a lucky move, because it turned out not all of them had been struck, and those that were awake were now trying to strike at Ginny. Harry was faster, though, and jumped on his feet, using a Shield Charm to cover Ginny while he pulled his gun out with a fast move, shooting Stunners wildly towards the still awake Death Eaters, resorting to a Explosive Charm once in a while to force them back, and hoping the people at the ball would not hear the struggle.

It was his lucky day, though. It took them both ten minutes, but in the end all of the Death Eaters in the meeting (about thirty or more) laid on the floor, stunned and tied up.

“Not bad for our first mission together,” Harry said.

“Indeed. What do you suggest we do, then?”

“Well, we have more than enough to put them all in prison. Between the Recording and what Rita has witnessed,” he turned around, seeing the beetle was flying down from her hide away, “there should be no problem at all. You ready, Rita?”

“Sure, Potter. Give me a Portkey and I'll start to give my testimony,” she said. Harry fished around in another of his pockets and gave a yellow marble to the woman. “Have fun bringing all those people to MI-13.”

“Have fun writing the forty minutes of meeting,” Ginny replied. Rita stepped out of the warded room and activated the Portkey. “Well, what do you want to do now?”

“How about we put all of these Death Munchers in a jail, write a report and go to a fish and chips? I'm hungry,” Harry suggested.

“Sure. And then we start with the marathon?”

“Oh, that's a definite one. Or two.”

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.siye.co.uk/siye/viewstory.php?sid=129717