For In Dreams by Senator of Sorcery



Summary: Harry had never friends, so he imagined one: a red haired girl he kept forgetting to name. Ginny imagined a shy boy with untidy hair and bright eyes, who knew nothing of magic, so she told him. He dreamt of a world of magic and of a girl who wanted to be his friend. She dreamt of a boy who loved to hear her voice, no matter what. Then dreams become a reality when Harry met Ginny.

on indefinite hiatus.
Rating: PG-13 starstarstarstarhalf-star
Categories: Pre-OotP, Alternate Universe
Characters: None
Genres: None
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Published: 2014.11.13
Updated: 2018.04.07


For In Dreams by Senator of Sorcery
Chapter 34: Chapter 34: Harry James Potter!
Author's Notes:

Chapter Thirty-Four
Harry James Potter!
Harry



They found Dumbledore seated at his desk, his hands folded together and a kindly smile upon his face. He gestured for them to sit, and they did.

“I trust your first morning back has been pleasant,” he began.

They simply nodded. Dumbledore leaned back in his chair, a pondering expression taking over his features.

“We shan’t begin your extra lessons today, as we will be going over what you’ll be doing. You shall meet with me on Tuesday and Thursday evenings at eight thirty starting next week, where we will begin with learning Occlumency. As you know, you’ll be getting up to work with Nymphadora Tonks in the early morning, but you will also be working with her every four Saturdays. Next Saturday you will have a private lesson with Professor McGonagall, the next week with Professor Flitwick, the next with Professor Snape, and then with Professors Lupin and Black as well as Auror Tonks.”

Harry scowled at the mention of Snape but said nothing. “Now, your normal schoolwork and your mental and physical health are very important, therefore whatever work you receive from your extra classes will be small to allow for your everyday activities. I said earlier that no lesson of yours will last after eleven in the evening, and you won’t have work on Sundays. Does this seem satisfactory?”

“Yes,” Harry replied.

“Excellent. Now, what do you know about Occlumency and Legilimency?”

“It’s mind-reading, isn’t it?”

Dumbledore inclined his head. “In the vernacular, yes, I suppose. Legilimency is the offensive, the action of opening another’s thoughts and inserting your own when necessary. It’s more of listening to another’s mind. In some cases it can be a violent act, but in the majority of times when Legilimency is used, it is used as a tool for observation and espionage. Do you understand so far?”

Ginny and Harry nodded, and the Headmaster went on. “Occlumency is the reverse of that, a defensive stance. When you use Occlumency, you are preventing a Legilimens from entering your mind and, when powerful, turning the attack back on its originator if necessary.”

“Got it,” Harry said.

“Very good. We shall begin with Occlumency next Tuesday, and once you have sufficiently managed it, I will begin to add in Legilimency. Most people find it a difficult art to learn, however I have observed that the two of you have a natural aptitude for Occlumency, due to, I believe, your bond.”

“Probably,” Ginny said.

“Pray tell me, are you able to block thoughts coming from the other?”

Harry looked at Ginny. “Er, sort of.”

“We call it closing the door,” Ginny explained. “Like with closing a normal door, you can’t see across it or go through to the other side without opening it but you can still shout through it.”

“I do not understand,” Dumbledore told them, leaning forward in his chair. “What does that do?”

Harry tried to translate the action into English. “Erm, well, the way we’re connected, I can see and hear what she’s seeing and hearing if I move my mental self from my part of my brain to her part.”

“Your part?” Dumbledore questioned, raising an eyebrow.

“Yeah, that’s what we call it.”

“You suggest that your physical minds are split as physically one or the other?”

“No, more like part of my consciousness is actually Ginny’s.”

“So you believe you are not merely connected, but that you are each other?” Dumbledore looked very confused.

Harry frowned. “No, not actually. That’s just what it feels like.”

“Like if our heads were lakes,” Ginny interrupted, “my lake has a river going to Harry’s.”

“Yet Harry implied that it was the same lake.”

“It’s not the same lake,” Ginny corrected. “They’re just closely connected.”

Dumbledore was still frowning. “So your consciousness can leave your mind, Harry, and go into Ginny’s to look through her eyes?”

“Not completely,” Harry said, rubbing at the back of his neck. “I mean, I’m still aware of what’s going on around me and in my body, but rather than focusing on what I see with my eyes, I focus on her view.”

Dumbledore looked at them over his glasses, appearing as though he were attempting to detangle their explanations. “I see,” he said slowly. “You can adjust your focus from your physical mind to her mind.”

“Yeah, that’s it.”

“And this door you mentioned, when you close it you cannot shift that focus however you are still able to communicate across it.”

“Yeah, but it’s a bit more difficult. The background noises of our minds get muffled and we have to think more loudly to get the point across.”

Dumbledore nodded. “And you use this door often?”

“Only when we’re changing or showering or using the toilet,” Ginny said. “Or if we’re planning a surprise for the other.”

“Is it easy to keep the door closed?”

“No,” Harry said, looking down at the desk and shaking his head. “It doesn’t like being closed.”

“Sometimes it opens on its own,” Ginny said. “So we try to keep whatever we’re doing or we’ll open and re-close the door every so often.”

Dumbledore pursed his lips, considering this. “Since you say that you must fight to keep this door closed, I believe that what you are doing is a mild form of Occlumency rather than a natural part of your bond. This is good, as it means you already have a basis in it and it will make it easier for you to learn Occlumency.”

Harry nodded, unsure what else to do. Dumbledore lifted a slim book from his desk and held it out to them. “This is a simple guide on the basics of Occlumency, please read the introduction and first chapter by next Tuesday evening.” Harry took it, then flicked it open and glanced at the chapter index. Neither the introduction nor the first chapter were very long. He closed it and set it on his lap.

“I expect it will take quite a while to master Occlumency and Legilimency, and I don’t expect you to completely master it within the year. I do imagine that you will be very skilled in it by the semester’s end, however. After you’ve gotten to the intermediate stage of both, we will move on to other things.” The two teenagers nodded, and Dumbledore moved on. “In your other extra lessons, you’ll be learning more advanced things. In Potions, you’ll be learning first how to recognize major poisons and to make their antidotes. There is little to no chance that any poison would find its way into food prepared by the house elves, but if someone were to give you outside food, the possibility is higher even if by a small bit. Professor Flitwick will be teaching you healing charms to begin with, followed by a variety of protective spells. Professor McGonagall has agreed to begin training the both of you as Animagi.”

Harry let out a gasp. “Really? Is that legal even?”

Dumbledore nodded. “There is no law to prevent minors from becoming Animagi, however you are emancipated so it does not even matter. Though, we won’t involve the Ministry unless absolutely necessary. The news of your marriage was widespread enough, it wouldn’t be wise to allow the knowledge that the two of you are Animagi to get out. I expect that to take up most of this year, so Professor McGonagall and I haven’t planned anything after that yet. Do you understand so far?”

They nodded. “Poisons and antidotes, healing and protective spells, Occlumency, and Animagi magic,” Ginny recounted. Dumbledore nodded.

“That is all for now. You will resume training with Tonks on Monday morning, so expect a message from her in the next day. If you would like, you may invite Mr. Weasley, Miss Granger, Mr. Longbottom and Miss Lovegood to your extra classes, and I have already arranged for them to take the extra Defense lessons with you. I will see you again next Tuesday evening.”

Understanding that they were being dismissed, Ginny and Harry stood. “Thank you, Professor,” Harry said as they left the office.

“I’m glad he’s including the others,” Ginny said as they walked. “It’ll be good for them to learn to defend themselves.”

“Yeah,” Harry said. “Though I doubt Ron will want to take the extra Potions lessons.”

Ginny smiled and laughed softly. “No, probably not.”

Harry put his arm around her and drew her closer to his side. Ginny slipped her arm across his waist and leaned her head on his shoulder. The corridor they were in was empty, as was most of the castle he imagined. It was Saturday, most students would be outside or in their common rooms catching up with friends.

“Should we go find Ron and Hermione?” Ginny suggested. “Tell them about the extra classes?”

“And Neville and Luna, probably,” Harry agreed. “Dumbledore mentioned them too.”

“Luna’s going to be in the Ravenclaw dorm,” Ginny said. “How about I go get her, and you go find my brother, Neville and Hermione and we meet in the Gryffindor common room?”

Harry frowned. “Can Luna even be in our common room?”

“Oh, definitely,” Ginny said. “I’ve been to her common room plenty of times.”

“When?”

“Second year, and third year before you pulled your head out of your ass and asked me out.”

“You know, I can make you sleep on the couch.”

Ginny pecked his cheek. “You wouldn’t, love.”

Harry sighed because she was right. At the seventh floor landing, he turned to face her and gave her a swift kiss. Ravenclaw tower was in the opposite direction of Gryffindor tower, where Ron, Neville, and Hermione were likely to be. “See you in a bit,” he said.

They walked in opposite directions, and Harry listened to her mind as they went. Ravenclaw tower was closer, and he was curious as to how she expected to get in.

It’s not that hard, you know. Don’t you know how to open a door?

Harry rolled his eyes, but listened anyway. She reached the entrance before he was even halfway to the Fat Lady’s portrait, and he was surprised to see a simple door through her eyes. However, he noticed the lack of a door knob and the brass eagle knocker on it.

How do you expect to open a door with no knob? Harry thought.

Ginny just took the knocker and rapped it sharply against the brass. Harry nearly missed a step when the eagle’s mouth opened and it spoke to Ginny.

“What question can you never answer with “yes” while remaining completely honest?”

What.

It’s a riddle, Harry. Answer the riddle and the door opens.

Oh. That’s simple. Sort of. I have no clue.


Ginny shook her head at him slightly as she addressed the doorknob. I’ve had this one before. “Are you asleep?” she said to the eagle.

And the door opened. Harry felt slightly jealous of the fancier method as he approached the Fat Lady.

“Neverland,” Harry told her, and the painting swung forward.

There were plenty of people in the common room, however he didn’t see Ron or Hermione. A few people waved to him and a couple called out “Hey, Potter!” He waved back with a polite smile but didn’t answer them. He took the stairs to the boys’ dorms and found his old dorm. He tried the door but it was locked.

“Ron?” he called.

“Harry! Hi! Hang on! Ow!” Harry frowned as he stepped inside; Ron sounded distressed by something. Then the door was pulled open and Ron grinned awkwardly at him. “Hi. What’s up?”

Harry raised an eyebrow at his friend. “Just needed to talk to you and Hermione. Are you okay?”

“Oh, Hermione! She’s not here. She’s in her dorm. Why would she be here?” Ron’s voice was pitched an octave too high, his face was flushed, and he wouldn’t meet Harry’s eye.

Harry’s raised eyebrow became scornful rather than confused. “You’re a rotten liar, Ron.”

Ha! I knew they were hiding something!

Oh, shut up Ginny.


Ron was red in the face. “I swear, she’s not here.”

Harry pushed past him and walked over to Ron’s part of the room. The curtains were half open. “Hi Hermione,” he said to her. “I expected better of you.”

Hermione looked extremely irritated. “Oh, shove off, Potter.”

Ron darted over. “This isn’t what it looks like,” he insisted. “She’s helping me with homework!”

Both Harry and Hermione then turned on him with the same disdainful expressions. Ron’s shoulders drooped. “Term hasn’t started yet,” he said. “I have no homework.”

Harry looked at Hermione and crossed his arms. “I’m slightly disappointed that you never told us, but I have to say I’m impressed you managed to get him to remove his head from the sand.”

Ass is more like it.

Hermione shrugged. “He came to me, honest. Though I’m not complaining.”

Ron was still red in the face as he mumbled something incoherent. Harry cupped a hand to his ear. “What’s that, Ron?”

Ron sighed as he looked up. “I was being an asshole this entire time and honestly, I was tired of Fred and George telling me to get on with it and ask her out.”

Hey, he agrees with me!

“When did this happen though?” Harry asked, ignoring Ginny.

Hermione looked up at Ron with a soft smile. “He sent me a letter in July. It was actually quite romantic; he apologized for being horrible, said that he was just jealous and asked if we could try being more than friends.”

Ron was still pink in the face but Harry clapped him on the shoulder. “Good for you guys. Ginny and I were considering locking you in a broom cupboard overnight, but this is a probably better solution. Though, might I suggest not making out in Ron’s dorm?”

“We weren’t making out as you so crudely put it,” Hermione corrected. “We were just talking.”

“I am not abject to the idea of making out,” Ron said.

“Shove it, you twat, I still haven’t decided,” Hermione threw a pillow at Ron, who caught it and threw it back with a smile.

“You seemed a bit more sure of yourself on the train,” he teased. Hermione went pink and turned her back on him.

“Shove it,” Hermione muttered despite her sheepish smile.

Speaking of making out…

What?
Harry asked his wife.

I found Neville.

Really? Where?

In the Ravenclaw common room. With Luna. Alone.

How big is their common room that they could hide in it?
thought Harry with a mental frown.

Pretty big. There’s a small library in it. In which I found our dear friends huddled behind a bookshelf. Explains why they were so antsy on the train.

I guess so.


Harry turned his attention back to his two friends. “Ginny should be here with Neville and Luna in a minute. We wanted to talk with you guys.”

“Why with Neville and Luna too?” Ron asked.

“I’ll tell you when they get here.” Harry sat down on the bed that had been his the year before and leaned back on his hands. Ron was still pink all over his face, but Hermione’s blush had retreated into the lower halves of her cheeks. “It is about time,” he said.

Hermione rolled her eyes and Ron looked sheepish. “Yeah, yeah, and you can tell Ginny to shut up already,” he said. Harry laughed.

Tell him he is an asshole and he deserves a dungbeetle.

I am not telling him that, that’s too mean and not true.

Fine. But he’s an asshole.


“She says you’re an asshole,” Harry told Ron, who sighed and rolled his eyes.

“Figures.”

The dormitory door opened and Ginny appeared in person, followed by Neville and Luna. Neville was almost as red as Ron, with his gaze trailing on the ground, though Luna looked positively smug.

“Hello,” Ginny called. She dropped down next to Harry and kissed his cheek. He unconsciously slipped an arm around her waist and drew her closer, his attention on their four friends.

“So, Voldemort is alive,” he said. Only Luna looked startled; she hadn’t known yet, of course. He looked to her. “He came back during the Third Task. That’s why Diggory died, why Krum lost his arm.”

“But everyone said he was dead,” said Luna, her voice uncertain.

“He wasn’t,” Harry told her. “I don’t know how to explain how he wasn’t, or even if I can, but he wasn’t actually dead. And he’s back now, just weak. Professor Dumbledore figures he’s going to keep targeting me, so he’s decided to train me to defend myself properly. You four, and Ginny, are invited to train as well, since you guys are my closest friends.”

Harry caught Neville looking touched, and gave him a brief smile. “We’re taking extra lessons on Saturdays, alternating each week.”

“What courses?” Hermione asked eagerly.

“Transfiguration, Charms, Potions, and Defense,” Ginny answered, “in that order, starting next Saturday.”

Ron wrinkled his nose at the mention of Potions, as expected. “You have to take extra lessons with Snape?” he asked in a horrified voice.

“Unfortunately. Dumbledore said we’d be starting with recognizing poisons, so hope he doesn’t try to slip one by me.”

“Will do,” Ron said with a snort.

“So do you guys want to join in?” Ginny asked. “Although, Dumbledore said he was having you take the extra Defense lessons anyway.”

“I wondered why I had a slot for Saturdays on my time-table,” Luna said.

“You got your timetable already?” Harry asked.

She nodded. “We always receive them the first day in Ravenclaw.” Harry wrinkled his own nose.

“I’d like to join all four of those, if you wouldn’t mind,” Hermione said.

“We figured you would,” Ginny laughed.

“What are you going to be learning?” Neville asked before Hermione could say anymore.

Harry thought back to speaking with Dumbledore. “Poisons and their antidotes in Potions, healing and protective magic in Charms, dueling in Defense, and McGonagall is going to train us to be Animagi. I don’t know if Dumbledore said you guys could be Animagi though,” he added quickly at the excited look upon the four faces before him.

“He did say that it was allowed for underage wizards to learn, though,” Ginny told them. “Our first lesson is next Saturday, so you can ask McGonagall then if you’re allowed to become Animagi too.”

“I think it would be wonderful to become Animagi,” Luna said dreamily.

“It would be so fascinating!” Hermione was practically bubbling over. “Imagine all the magic that goes into it!”

“I’ll join you for Charms and Transfiguration,” Ron said, cutting off Hermione’s excited babbling. “As well as Defense, I suppose.”

“Me too,” Neville piped up. “But I don’t want extra lessons with Snape.”

“That’s completely understandable,” Harry said. “I don’t want extra lessons with Snape.”

“What about you, Luna?” Ginny asked.

“I’ll join you for all of them, I suppose,” their friend told them. “Was that all?”

“Yeah, for now.”

Luna gave them a nod, then turned back to Neville. “I’m not done with you, you know.”

Neville went bright pink. “Er, okay.” Luna gave them a small smile, then took Neville’s hand and pulled him away. Harry held in his chuckles until the door had shut behind them, and Ginny giggled along with him.

“Um,” Hermione mused. “What was that?”

“I think Neville’s gotten his head out of his ass too,” Ginny said, grinning at them. “I’m sure Luna will give us all the dirty details later.” Hermione began to giggle as well.

Harry went red too, because it meant he’d have to listen to said details. “Please, delay that as long as possible.”

“Are you kidding?” Ginny elbowed him. “Two of my girlfriends gain the boys they’ve been chasing in the same week, I’m not delaying that conversation any minute longer than necessary.”

Harry looked down at his feet and shook his head. “How did I end up with this?” he mumbled. Ginny hugged him tightly, her grinning face burying into his shoulder.

“You were so unfortunate as to be born with me in your head,” she reminded him. Harry looked up at her and kissed her quickly.

“Fortunate,” he corrected. “Extremely fortunate.” Ginny blushed a little.

“Oh, god, stop them before you rot out all of our teeth,” Hermione said while Ron faked a gag. Harry stuck his tongue out at both of them, and Ron looked up to make a face at him just as Ginny leaned in and put her mouth around Harry’s tongue. Ron nearly gagged for real and Harry grinned.

“Oh, get out already!” Ron grumbled, grabbing Harry’s arm and pulling them both up. He shoved them to the door and out of it. “I don’t ever want to see your faces again!” he added, shutting the door firmly in said faces.

Harry caught Ginny’s eye and they both laughed. “Come on,” Harry said, tugging her upwards. They reached their room and collapsed onto the sofa with laughter.

“His face!” Ginny breathed out, flopping back against Harry’s side. “Oh, that was priceless!”

Harry kissed her cheek. “I’m more concerned with why he threw us out,” he whispered in her ear. She shivered, but gave him a sideways smirk.

“Oh, really?” she nearly purred, her voice was so soft. “And what, pray tell, are you going to do about it?”

Harry’s arms tightened around her waist and he nuzzled his nose into her neck. “What do you suggest I do, Mrs. Potter?” He heard Ginny draw in her breath when he called her by his name, and he grinned. “After all, you’ve made my best mate irritated with me.”

“Are you trying to flirt with me?” Ginny giggled.

“Yes?” Harry said questioningly, looking up at her. She was blushing still, and he could feel the speed of her heart through their bond.

“Carry on, then,” she murmured. Harry kissed her cheek once more, then the edge of her jaw.

“I’m rubbish at flirting,” he whispered, his breath falling on her ear.

“You’re not rubbish at kissing,” she said.

“Are you dropping hints?” he murmured. He pressed his lips to her ear.

Ginny shivered again, but said: “I would never be so brazen, Mr. Potter.”

“I disagree.”

Ginny leaned back to look at him, her eyes crinkling at the corners with her smile. “Do you?” Harry nodded, then pressed a kiss to her neck. She inhaled, making a soft humming noise, and Harry moved to the nape of her neck, placing feathery kisses along her skin back up to her jaw.

“You’re very brazen,” he said.

“Oh, just kiss me already.”

Harry smirked. “Getting antsy?”

Ginny tried to catch his lips but he ducked and pressed his nose to her hair. “What are you doing?” Ginny asked with half a laugh.

“I have no clue.”

“Then why don’t you kiss me?”

“I am kissing you!” he protested. To prove his point, he kissed a spot just beneath her ear. “See?” he whispered.

“Harry…” her voice was soft.

“Yes?”

“I’ve half a mind to hit you.”

“Is the other half out of breath?”

“Just that half.”

“Damn, I was trying to occupy your whole mind.”

“What are you doing?”

“Kissing you.”

“I don’t get to kiss you?”

“Hmm…” Harry pretended to consider this as he inhaled the scent of her hair. He pressed another kiss to her jaw. “No.”

“You’re unfair,” she whispered.

Harry, emboldened by her soft voice and the way she was holding his hands so tightly, gently nipped at the lobe of her ear. He felt her draw in a gasp, and closed his mouth on the ear, sucking just a little bit.

“Harry…”

“Hmm?”

“You’re very unfair.”

He smiled against the side of her neck. His lips found the crevice of where her neck met her shoulder, and kissed it, then, in instinct, his mouth opened and sucked on the skin slightly. Ginny’s hands squeezed his, her eyes were long ago shut and she was tensed.

“Am I unfair?”

“Hmm…” was all she said. Harry dragged his mouth up from her neck to her ear.

“You’re probably right,” he whispered. Then he jumped up and away from the couch.

“Harry James Potter you come back here this instant!”

Harry laughed and ran around the couch; Ginny chased him, but he slipped past her and darted into the other side of the room.

"I will murder you!"

"You'll have to catch me first!" he teased. She tried to grab his arm, however he side-stepped her and ran into the kitchenette. Ginny ran after him, which was when he realized there was only one way out of the kitchen.

"Ha!" she said, grabbing him by the waist. Ginny pressed his back to the counter, then stood on tiptoes and kissed him.

"Oh, you caught me," Harry whined.

"And you're an asshole too," she said firmly.

"Yet you're still breathing heavily and flushed."

Ginny scowled at him, or tried to. She was still smiling. Harry brushed his knuckles over her cheek, and her eyes fluttered closed again as she pressed her cheek to his hand. Harry pushed his other hand through her hair, then kissed her forehead. He put a hand to her shoulder, then flipped their positions and ended up with her back against the wall. He pressed his mouth to the crook of her neck, then her jaw, before catching her lips with his. She practically melted, and his own knees were shaking. He could feel her heart beating and it was in time with his, their minds so wrapped around each other they didn’t notice it. Her fingers held fistfuls of his robes, and his hands pressed into the wall to keep upright. Harry pulled his lips down to her neck again and found another spot beneath her ear to suck on. Ginny’s grip on his robes were like she was gripping a lifeline, and maybe she was. He bit her ear and the sound of her gasp drove him wild.

“Harry,” she whispered, and it sent shivers through him. He kissed her, more roughly and with increasing need. She pulled her lips away so he went back to her ear. “Harry!”

“Shh,” he murmured, pressing kisses along her jaw.

“You — you should slow down.”

He did, he stopped, pulling away with heavy breathing. “What?”

Ginny relaxed her hands, pulling them to his shoulders to smooth out the front of his robe. “Erm, we should… we probably shouldn’t … do that here…”

Her mind was still fogged over, and Harry hadn’t even realized that his glasses had been pushed up in his hair until he leaned back and her image became fuzzy. Ginny pulled them down for him and let her fingers run down his cheek to land on his shoulder again.

“Erm, right, sorry,” he mumbled, stepping back. Ginny grabbed him around the neck, suddenly pinker than before, and looked embarrassed.

“I can’t stand up right,” she muttered. Harry half smiled and put an arm around her waist.

“Glad to know I can still make you weak at the knees,” he said.

“Oh, shut up. This is entirely your fault.”

“As I recall, you kissed me first.”

“You made it intense!” she scolded.

Harry raised an eyebrow at her. And you’re complaining?

Her flush deepened. “No. But… just not here. Not near our room.”

His gaze drifted to his feet and he too reddened. “You’re probably right.”

“But we could go find a broom cupboard,” she suggested.

Harry chuckled, dropping onto the sofa. “You wish,” he said. “I’m very picky about when and where I snog.”

Ginny huffed as she sat down beside him; she drew her legs up under her and curled up against his side. “Fine then. What do you want to do instead?”

Harry shrugged. “What time is it?”

Ginny glanced at the mantle and read the time. “Threeish.”

Harry began to run his fingers through her hair. “Do you think… when would we be ready?”

Ginny inhaled deeply to delay her answer. “I don’t know.”

“You said that we should wait…”

“Yeah.”

“What are we waiting for?”

Ginny looked up at him and her brow was furrowed in thought. “Do you not want to wait?” she asked softly.

Harry immediately regretted his words. “No, I agree, we’re young right now, I just… we’re already married, we’ll be together for the rest of our lives and we know that. So what are we waiting for?”

Ginny’s gaze fell to the floor. “I don’t really know.”

Harry, feeling bad for making her uncomfortable, drew her closer and gently kissed her temple. “I’m not saying we should stop waiting,” he murmured.

Ginny nodded, still not looking at him, and cuddled into his side. “We’re having a wedding over Christmas,” she said. “Weddings are followed by wedding nights.”

Harry’s cheeks warmed, but Ginny looked up at him and her gaze was soft. “Then. We’ll wait until then. Then it’s special and not just ‘oh, we’ve been married for four years and we didn’t know’.”

“Agreed,” he said, holding out a hand. She took it, and they shook. Ginny settled back on his shoulder and closed her eyes. Harry, having just had a thought occur to him, furrowed his brow.

“Ginny?”

“Hmm?”

“Am I going to have get Remus and Sirius to give me condoms?”

Ginny’s face immediately went very red and she elbowed him in the ribs. “Harry Potter, you did not just ask me that!”

“It’s a legitimate concern!” he protested. “We don’t want you to get pregnant, right?”

Ginny, still pink, avoided his eye. “There is such a thing as birth control potions. Those Muggle things don’t work all the time anyway, they’re mostly to prevent diseases, which neither of us have thank you very much.”

“Oh. Okay then.” Harry rubbed at the back of his neck. “Just wondering.”

Ginny buried her flushed face in his shoulder. “Oh, stop it, Harry,” she grumbled. He let out a nervous laugh.

“Are you uncomfortable?” he asked. She nodded, and he chuckled again. “Just imagine what will happen right before the wedding. Your mum is going to give you a lecture on the subject.”

Ginny groaned again and covered her ears. Harry considered his own statement, then looked back at her. “You think Sirius and Remus will give me the same lecture?”

“I think they’re more likely to give you a lecture on how to do it well.”

“Ginny!”

She raised a hand and showed him her middle finger. Harry took her hand and adjusted it so it was her ring finger pointing upwards, and he kissed her hand.

“Just shut up,” Ginny mumbled. “Before you make us both die of awkwardness.”

“Fine,” Harry muttered. Ginny hugged his chest and settled, her eyes drifting shut. They were quiet for a while, just listening to the sound of each other breathing.

“Where do you want to go on honeymoon?” he asked.

“What?”

“Honeymoon, we have to have one.”

Ginny sighed. Why did we have to be so weird as to be married as teenagers? “I don’t know, love.”

“We could go to France.”

“Hmm.”

“Paris, the city of love.”

“Harry, I’ll hit you.”

“Hit on me, is more like.” Ginny let out a groan and he laughed. “Well, what about the Caribbean? A cruise? Or Jamaica.”

“I think it would be incredibly awkward to go somewhere on honeymoon and have everyone stare at the two teenagers acting like newlyweds.”

“So we go somewhere private. What about renting a private beach?”

“You’d have to rent five just to get the right amount of zero people.”

“Probably. I wouldn’t mind though.”

“We’re not having a wedding for four months, Harry,” Ginny reminded him. “We can talk about this when it’s actually close to the right time.”

“Fine.”

Ginny dropped her head onto his shoulder again and closed her eyes. “We are napping now, so shut up.”

“I didn’t say anything!”

“You were about to.”

Harry rolled his eyes, because he had been about to ask if they would have their wedding in a church or elsewhere, and remained quiet. They ended up dozing off for a while, waking up in time to get dinner before returning to go to bed. The next day, a Sunday, they hung out in the common room with friends to catch up before classes began. Monday morning, they were woken at the crack of dawn by Tonks who dragged them to the Room of Requirement before breakfast. The first week of classes pounced upon them, each day beginning early to exercise with Tonks for just under an hour, followed by their classes and interactions with the students and teachers. No one flat out approached them to ask if it was true they were married, as it wasn’t needed anymore; the news that it was true had spread and the whispers concerning them were frequent. Harry did his best to ignore them, but he noticed the glares given to Ginny by other girls of their year and even older ones. He began walking with his arm around her at all times.

Before they knew it Friday had finished and Saturday morning dawned on them. They had a perfect view of the sun rising over the mountains in the mornings, and it was one of the things Harry began to look forward too. Tonks’s arrival moments before dawn wasn’t, but he couldn’t help that. That morning, however, they were awake before Tonks knocked on their door. That was the day they would begin Animagus training.


A/N: Yay fluffy making out and Animagus training! Let me say again though, this story will never contain smut, but pre-smut will probably be a thing; y’know, the making out before stumbling towards the bedroom. I just don’t do smut cause I think it’s gross so if you dislike the lack of sex too bad for you.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.siye.co.uk/siye/viewstory.php?sid=129895