Search:

SIYE Time:0:01 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


A Gift from the Heart
By I_Luv_Hermione

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 5
Summary: After months of thought, Harry figures out the perfect Christmas present for Ginny.
Hitcount: Story Total: 5333







ChapterPrinter


(November of Harry’s 7th year)
“Aaargh! Why is this so hard?” Harry said as he threw a pillow across the room. It was still one month before Christmas and he still didn’t know what to get Ginny!

“I could get her some Quidditch gear... no, that’s tacky. I could get her a box of chocolates... no, that’s Valentine’s Day. A mountain of chocolate frogs... too much; a poem...too lovey-dovey; a picture...hmmm, I’ll come back to that,” he said to himself as he paced the room.

Harry loved Ginny with all of his heart and more. He wanted to give her something that told her this, but at the same time, not send the message that he was desperate. A picture was a good idea, but of what, and what would he put it in?

“I can’t put it in just any frame. It has to be special. Something she’ll always think about; always have...” Harry suddenly stopped talking to himself, rooted in his spot. “A locket; it’s perfect!” Harry yelled.

“Shut up, Harry!” Ron moaned. Harry decided to think about it later.

* * *

The next month seemed to zoom by. After what seemed like no time at all, it was the Christmas Eve. Everyone in the common room was either talking about what they hoped to find under the Christmas tree or sitting with their sweetheart. Everyone, that is, except Harry, Ginny, Neville, and Ron (Hermione had gone with her family somewhere).

“Well, seeing as I don’t want to sit here for the next half hour and watch Dean and Parvati thrash around like a pair of beached eels, I’m gonna turn in. Night, mate,” Ron said getting up and heading to the Boy’s Dormitory.

“Me too. Night Harry. Night Ginny,” Neville said following Ron.

“Goodnight,” they said harmonically.

As Neville went up the stairs, a shiver ran down Harry’s spine. He was (kind of) alone with Ginny; as alone as he’d ever gotten in the Gryffindor Common Room.

“Uh, Ginny,” Harry said uncertainly.

“Yes, Harry,” she said sweetly, sending another shiver down his spine.

“D-do you w-want to t-take a walk w-with me?” Harry stuttered.

“Sure, Harry. It’s getting a little loud in here, anyway,” she said.

As Harry followed Ginny out of the portrait hole, he started to panic. What if he said something stupid; what if they ran into Filch; what if he said something that offended her in anyway? Harry was worried, but luckily, Ginny was in front of him and couldn’t see his face. Good thing too: he was as red as a tomato and sweating like a pig. Once they were outside, though, the gentle breeze cooled him off.

“So… anything you want to talk about?” Harry said nonchalantly.

“Oh I just can’t wait for tomorrow morning, and not just because of all of the presents you’re supposed to get, but because of the time spent in front of a warm, blazing fire sipping cocoa while being held in the arms of your sweetheart while he or she whispers sweet things into your ear. It’s just so romantic, but… I only get to enjoy half of that,” she said a little crestfallen.

“What do you mean?” Harry said stopping.

“Well, I don’t have a sweetheart to hold me,” she said also stopping. She wasn’t looking at him.

“You can’t be serious. You, Ginny Weasley, don’t have a boyfriend?!?” Harry said a little surprised. “You must have somebody!”

“No. Besides, why would anybody like me?” she said with a little bit of hilarity in it.

“You’re joking! Why wouldn’t anybody like you?!?” Harry said. “You’re nice, you’re caring, you’re sweet, you’re beautiful…” Harry stopped dead. Even though he wasn’t facing her, he knew that Ginny was staring at him; her face as red as a tomato.

“Did you just say…” Ginny started to say, but stopped because Harry turned to face her and pulled something out of his pocket. Then he walked over to her, pushed whatever it was into her hand, gave her a quick kiss on the lips, and muttered “Happy Christmas.” before he turned and pelted down the hall. Ginny was stunned; frozen in her current position.

* * *

Ginny didn’t sleep well that night. Although she did end up falling asleep, she kept thinking about what Harry had said. “He thinks I’m beautiful?” she kept thinking. Then there was the little gift he had given her. It was one of those boxes men keep the wedding ring before they propose. That worried her. She knew it was some kind of jewelry, but what: a ring, a broach, a bracelet; what?!? It was driving her crazy, but she swore she’d wait for Christmas morning.

The next morning, Ginny woke abruptly. She jumped out of bed, threw on her nightgown, and ran down to the common room. There was already a lot of people down there opening their presents, but as Ginny scanned the room, she couldn’t find Harry. Crestfallen, she went down to the common room floor in search for the present from Harry under one of the many Christmas trees. Though it was small, she knew what tree it was under. Unfortunately, it wasn’t where she had left it. She knew no one had taken it because Hogwarts put Possession Protection Charms on all of the presents, so if anyone tried to take them, they would automatically glow red and emit a low wail until the proper owner gains possession of it.

After forty minutes of searching, she finally found it at the base of a tree four trees away from where it was supposed to be. As she picked it up, a card appeared out of nowhere on top of the box. Ginny picked it up, put the box in her pocket and examined the front of the card, blushing an even deeper shade of red than last night. The cover had on it a picture of a red Christmas tree with pink heart ornaments that were bewitched to blink on and off. Atop the tree was and emerald-green star; probably symbolizing Harry, but she didn’t know. As she opened the card, she started to hear music, so she shut the card. After gathering up all of her other presents, she hurried up to the Girl’s Dormitory to open the card where no one would hear.

Up in the dormitory, she dropped all of her other gifts onto her bed and pulled up a stool as she got the card out of her pocket. Once again, when the card opened, the music began to play, but Ginny wasn’t paying attention to the music. Tears came to her eyes as she read her card from Harry.
Written in a green to match his eyes was:

My dearest Ginny,

I really wanted to give this to you in person, but I was too nervous. Even though I ran last night, I meant everything word I said. You’ve been the nicest person to me over the last few months. Plus, you’re always caring for others and you’re always as sweet as a sugar quill. Most of all, you are, without a doubt in my mind, the most beautiful person in the entire world. Never doubt yourself about any quality you possess, because you are the best thing that has ever happened to me. I just wanted you to know that. That and what you said is wrong. I would give up Quidditch to be your boyfriend.
Happy Christmas
Love from,
Harry
She sat there; never looking away from the card. She continued to cry as others started to file into the room. They were all talking cheeringly amongst themselves, so they didn’t notice Ginny right away. Then they looked over and saw her crying and gasped.

“Ginny, are you okay; what happened?” Stephanie asked. When she didn’t answer, she came over and read her card over her shoulder. By the time she was done reading it, tears were streaming from her eyes too.

“Wow, Gin, that’s…that’s…wow,” she said. She sat down of the bed staring into nothingness. The other girls came over and read the card too, but when they were done, a majority of them were fighting back giggles.

Some them were chanting, “Ginny’s got a boyfriend, Ginny’s got a boyfriend,” while others were just giggling silently to themselves, and Ginny still just stared at the card. Then she remembered the box in her pocket. She pulled it out of her pocket, catching the attention of everyone in the room. A few of them gasped, a few of them giggled, and a few of them just stared, but Ginny paid no attention to them. She undid the red ribbon tied around the small box, revealing the actual box. It was misty white with a gold ‘G’ on the top. With a shaky, sweaty hand, she opened the box and gasped at its contents. Lying on a small pillow was a small snitch on a chain. It was made of gold with small, silver wings. When she picked it up, she noticed that it was a locket! Slowly she opened the locket, and what was inside almost made her start crying. Inside the right side was a picture of Harry beaming at her. She stared at him for several seconds before she noticed that there was writing etched in the left side. As she read it, she started crying again and her face turned red.

It read:

Ginny,

I love you with all of my heart and soul, and I would do anything to be with you. Happy Christmas, my love.
I am, most truly and sincerely,
Harry

Ginny just sat there, taking in all of the things she had just read. Harry loved her. She couldn’t believe it! Her dream had come true! She put the locket on, sat for a second, then, hoping he was still in the common room, threw a robe on and ran down to thank Harry and tell him that he felt the same.

She burst threw the door and hurried down the stairs. As she ran by the railing she looked over it and saw Harry sitting with Ron and talking.

“Ron, Mione sent me a letter telling me to tell you that there's something very important for you in the Astronomy Tower,” she said as calmly as could.

“It better be important,” he said getting up. “That’s all the way across the castle!”

The second the portrait hole closed, she ran for the other pair of stairs. When she reached the bottom, she ran towards Harry. That’s when he looked up. When she was close enough, she slid on her knees into him, immediately pulling him into a kiss. They sat there for what seemed like hours locked in their kiss. When they finally broke apart, Ginny sat staring blinkingly at Harry and he stared at her as if he was in a dazed trance. Then they grew closer and kissed again, except this time, Ginny ran her hand through Harry’s hair as he held her back to pull her closer to him. Then Ginny pulled away, startling Harry.

“Harry, there’s something I’ve got to tell you,” she said not letting go of him.

“Anything you got to say, I’ll listen to no matter what,” he said rubbing their noses together.

“I love you! I love you with all my heart and soul and I always want to be with you!!” she said

“I love you too, Gin, and I want to be with you for as long as I live,” Harry said. Tears of happiness fell from her shining eyes at these words and they kissed once more.

-Fin-
Reviews 5
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear