Search:

SIYE Time:15:46 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Incompleteness
By EROD37

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Albus Dumbledore, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Remus Lupin, Ron Weasley, Nymphadora Tonks
Genres: Action/Adventure, Comedy, Tragedy, Drama
Warnings: Death, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 33
Summary: This story takes place after the events in "Vows and Promises" Can Harry and Ginny handle being apart?
Hitcount: Story Total: 5339







ChapterPrinter


J.K. Rowling owns these characters. I'm only doing this to kill time until book 7 comes out.

As I always strive to make each of my stories stand alone, I urge you to read my other stories first. As they lead up to the events in this story. The stories are as follows:

-Intervention
-Misunderstan dings
-Vows and Promises
-Incompleteness

But if you do read any of my stories or any stories by any author for that matter, please take the time to leave a review. It means the world to authors when you do this and I’m sure I speak for all authors when I say that we always find it ironic when we get over a thousand hits on our stories but only get a fraction of the reviews. Your feedback, good or bad, is always appreciated.






Incompleteness
By EROD37


Ginny Weasley:


Ginny awoke on a cold, damp stone floor. As her eyes adjusted to her surroundings, a familiar feeling of fear came over her. She knew this place, though over the years she had tried her best to forget it, to forever put it from her mind. But she also knew that this place, no matter how hard she tried to forget it, would always be with her. It was a dark stain upon her soul that she could never make pure again.

She was in the Chamber of Secrets and it frightened her to no end. She quickly glanced to her right and found Tom Riddle’s diary along with the basilisk fang embedded through it. On her left was the basilisk itself, dead from a hole in its head from where Harry had driven Godric Gryffindor’s sword through it.

“Harry! Where's Harry?” she thought to herself. A small noise grabbed her attention. She turned and finally found Harry. He looked a wreck. He was on his hands and knees. His robes were a mess. His face was dirty and slightly shiny with sweat. Ginny could also see dried blood from several small cuts. Harry’s eyes were glassy and he seemed to be shaking.

Ginny was at his side in an instant. She knelt as she rolled Harry to his back, so that his head was in her lap.

“Harry, you’re hurt,” she said as she saw the wound on his arm

“Poisoned…wasn’t fast enough,” he replied, his voice sounding weak.

Ginny stroked his hair as she asked, “But where is Fawkes? His tears should be able to heal you.”

Harry seemed to struggle as he pointed. Ginny looked in the direction of his finger and what she saw caused a cold streak to run throughout her body.

Ginny could see quite a bit of red feathers strewn all over a small area and next to them, the body of Fawkes. It was lying quietly, unmoving.

“No, please no,” Ginny thought to herself.

“Sacrificed himself…fighting basilisk…ripped…eyes…out,” Harry answered as his breathing became more labored.

“Merlin, no! There has to be something I can do. Please Harry, just hold on! Stay with me!” Ginny pleaded as she felt tears gathering in her eyes.

Ginny felt Harry’s hand touch the side of her face. It was so cold. He made an attempt to wipe the tears from her cheek, but failed. It looked as if it were taking all of his strength just to hold his hand up.

“No tears…stopped Tom…you’re safe…all that matters,” Harry said as his hand dropped from her cheek.

Ginny pulled him close and kissed his forehead and cheek, as if that alone would save him.

“Please I need you,” she whispered.

“Never told you…Valentine’s day…loved your poem…sorry I didn’t…didn’t tell you…sooner” Harry grinned as he struggled to speak.

Ginny wanted to say anything to keep him with her. But before she could speak again, Ginny felt Harry’s body go limp and she could only watch in horror as the pupils in Harry’s emerald eyes dilated as far open as they could.

“Harry…Harry! Please no! No! There is so much I haven’t told you,” Ginny screamed.

“This isn’t right! This isn’t what happened!! No, you can’t be dead!! Harry! NO!!”

“NO!!!” Ginny screamed as she sat straight up. She was no longer sitting on a cold, damp floor. She was in her bed, in the safety of her own bedroom.

She sat there quietly as she waited for her beating heart to slow down. The Burrow was always quiet at night, but never more so since shortly after Bill and Fleur’s wedding. She was the last of the siblings left in the house after Ron had left with Harry and Hermione. Ginny remembered how for years she wished for a bigger home where she could have a bit more privacy. Being the only girl in a house with six boys was never easy for her. Now sitting alone in the dark with her heart racing, she found herself wishing the opposite to be true.

Ginny had been experiencing these nightmares for a week since Harry had left her behind. Each nightmare was a memory from her past, but never quite the way she remembered it and each time she could only watch helplessly as Harry died.

She didn’t know how much more she could take. She wasn’t getting any sleep and if it weren’t for the silencing charm she asked her mother to place on her room, she was sure her parents wouldn’t be sleeping either.

When her heart beat had finally returned to normal she searched inward to the part of her soul that she now shared with Harry. She was sure that what she was experiencing was in fact a nightmare but Ginny was taking no chances. She needed to know that he was fine. So she concentrated until the connection she shared with Harry clicked into place again. She could instantly tell he was fine. But something in the back of her mind told her that Harry wasn’t getting much sleep either.


Harry Potter:


Harry was always at his happiest when he was flying. It was as if the further he got away from the ground, the more care free he felt. The only time that this wasn't truly the case was during Quidditch matches. Normally, Harry wouldn't feel much pressure during a match either, but seeing as this was his first match as captain and they were playing their rival house Slytherin, no one could blame him for being a bit nervous.

The match was definitely one sided as the two Weasleys on Harry’s squad were dominating on both ends of the playing field. Ron was a saving machine today. It was a good thing Ron thought he was pumped up on Felix Felicis because the announcer was driving Harry batty.

Ginny looked as if she shared Harry’s sentiment because she seemed to be using the announcer’s insults to fuel her play. Hey, whatever worked for her, as Ginny seemed to be scoring at will.

“It’s just too bad that Draco isn’t here, so he could watch me grab the snitch from him again,” Harry thought to himself.

“Hey there Harriet! Your blood-traitor squad is doing well. Too bad it will all be over when I catch the snitch,” yelled Draco from atop his Nimbus 2001.


“How can this be?” Harry said to himself as he knew that Draco was sick. He wasn’t supposed to be playing today.

Harry’s thoughts went to the back of his mind as he saw the Snitch fluttering behind Draco. Harry made a quick fake to his left and then in a flash was at Draco’s side, holding the snitch in his hand. Draco’s face was priceless as his jaw dropped.

Harry was surrounded by his teammates as he held the Snitch above his head. His thoughts came to the front of his mind again. This match just didn’t feel right. Draco never played in this match as Harry knew he never grabbed the snitch that easy. He remembered almost having lost the match because he wasn’t watching the reserve seeker.

It was then a red headed blur went flying past him, right to the source of frustration for today’s match. “Ginny, where’re you going?” Harry yelled. But Ginny sped right on and with an almighty crash, she collided with the commentator’s podium.

Harry flew to the wreckage. He was awaiting the words that somehow in the back of his mind he remembered hearing, “Forgot to brake, Professor, sorry.”

But instead of these words, or the sound of the crowd laughing, Harry heard screams. The crowd had come together and was blocking Harry’s view. Harry found himself fighting through the crowd and what he saw stopped his heart in his chest.

Professor McGonagall was standing in front of the smashed podium, terror in her eyes and a hand over her mouth. Zacharias Smith had pulled himself from the pile and was sitting in front of her, silently weeping.

Harry ran towards Ginny, she was laying sideways with her back to him. He carefully rolled her over to see how she was.

Harry looked into Ginny’s brown eyes and found them staring beyond him. No, they weren’t staring at all. They were lifeless. As Harry touched her face he realized what had happened as he saw a large piece of wood that she had impaled herself on.

“G-G-Ginny? This isn’t right. You aren’t supposed to be dead,” Harry said as his tears fell.

“Oh lord, please no,” Harry begged.

“NO!!” screamed Harry as he woke up tangled in his bed sheets. Harry was sweating, but he did not feel the least bit warm. It took him a few moments to get his bearings. He was in Sirius’ bedroom in number twelve Grimmauld Place.

“No, my bedroom, in my house,” Harry reminded himself.

The house had served as the headquarters of the Order of the Phoenix for longer than Harry could remember. But, that all came to an end when Snape betrayed the Order by killing Dumbledore and joining Voldemort. Now the house remained unused. Spells had been used to allow “owner only” access to the house.

The door to Harry’s bedroom opened as Hermione and Ron came into the room. Hermione was about to speak, when Ron pulled her back outside the bedroom to speak to her privately.

“Ron, what are you doing? Harry needs us,” asked Hermione.

“I know that. But I needed to talk to you and I don’t want Harry to hear,” whispered Ron.

Hermione said nothing. She merely crossed her arms and gave him a look that simply said, “Well, what is it?”

“It’s just that Harry is starting to look bad again. He’s got rings under his eyes, he’s looking pale, and he hasn’t been sleeping or eating,” Ron whispered with a concerned look in his eyes.

“You’re worried that Harry might be trying to go cold hearted again, aren’t you?” she asked.

“Well yes, aren’t you?” replied Ron.

“I was at first, but I don’t think that what is happening to Harry is the same thing” said Hermione.

“How can you be so sure?” asked Ron with an impatient look on his face.

Hermione simply pushed past Ron as she walked back into the bedroom, sat on the bed behind Harry and wrapped her arms around his neck.

Ron felt bad for questioning her, but he was only concerned for his best mate. He needn’t have worried as Harry took a deep breath, leaned back, reached up and stroked Hermione’s arm.

Ron took a seat in front of Harry as he tried his best to avoid Hermione’s, “I told you so” stare. He had gotten used to that stare, as he had been proven wrong by her over the years. He just wasn’t going to give her the satisfaction of a reaction.

“Are you alright mate? Another nightmare?” asked Ron.

“Yes, another nightmare. No, I’m not all right. It has been a week since I’ve had a decent night’s sleep,” replied Harry as he rubbed the bridge of his nose.

“Harry, do you want to talk about the nightmares, it might help?” asked Hermione.

Harry shook his head no. While he would have liked to speak to them about his nightmares, he didn’t want either of them to worry about Ginny. He was doing enough worrying for the three of them anyway. Besides, something deep inside of his heart was telling him she was fine.

“I’m telling you Harry, it has got to be this place that is giving you the nightmares. Between that portrait of Sirius’ mum screaming and the things crawling in the walls, I’m surprised any of us can get any sleep. Why are we here anyway?” asked Ron.

Harry and Hermione stopped what they were doing and gave Ron the exact same look at the exact same time. It was a look that said, “You have got to be kidding me.”

Ron looked at his best friends and asked, “What?”

Hermione wasn’t about to pass up this opportunity, “Well last I recall, a week ago we were headed to Hogwart’s and since it isn’t good for anyone to Apparate over too long a distance, we decided to have a rest.

Harry spoke up next, “So as we were taking our rest stop, I decided to look through my backpack. Just to double-check that we would have everything we would need to get through the grounds at Hogwart’s and Dumbledore’s office without being detected.”

Hermione continued, “But wouldn’t you know it. When Harry opened his bag expecting to find the Marauder’s map, he discovered that someone had removed the map to make room for a few boxes of chocolate frogs. Now I wonder who that someone could have been?”

“Well I was hungry…” Ron began.

But at this point Hermione was well past having any more patience, “For goodness sakes Ron, hasn’t it ever occurred to you to think about the road we have ahead of ourselves? Don’t you understand what the consequences could be for even the smallest mistake? We are fighting not just for ourselves but for…”

Now it was Harry’s turn to cut someone off, “Hermione stop! Ron made a mistake. We all make mistakes. Besides, his mistake turned out to be a blessing in disguise that might work out to our benefit in the long run. We had to change our plans and we ended up here coming back here to rest up. When we did we discovered the Black family library…”

Hermione then spoke in a resigned voice, “and since then I have had time to research things we might be able to use later.”

“Why don’t we all try to get back to sleep. I’m going to use an “Accio” spell to call the map to me tomorrow and then we can get on our way to Hogwart’s.” said Harry.

“Works for me,” said Ron.

“Fine,” said Hermione flatly.

Hermione gave Harry a quick peck on the cheek as both she and Ron left to head back to their own rooms. As they walked down the hallway, Hermione felt a small tug on her arm.

She turned to find Ron looking at her, “I’m sorry Hermione.”

“I’m sorry too. I shouldn’t have yelled at you. It was a silly mistake and I shouldn’t have blown it out of proportion. It’s just that I don’t want anything bad to happen to any of us...”

Hermione looked down at her feet as she whispered, “...especially you.”

Ron had no words to add, as Hermione grabbed his face and gave him a long loving kiss.

When she ended the kiss, Ron could see the color as it rose in her cheeks. She turned and quickly ran into her room.

Ron could only watch her go. His fingers grazing his recently kissed lips.


Ginny Weasley:


Ginny was up and about at the crack of dawn. Between not being able to sleep and being afraid of having another nightmare, she stayed awake counting the minutes until the sun rose.

Ginny spent the day with her mother helping out with any chores that needed doing. Ginny knew what she attempting to do. But what else could she do? If she didn’t keep herself busy, keep her mind busy with anything else, she would drive herself mad. Ginny had no idea had long she could keep this up. It had only been a week. Who knew how long Harry would be gone. But she had to keep up the front so that her mum wouldn’t have to worry about her.

Unfortunately, Ginny was fooling no one but herself. Molly was witnessing the changes in her daughter. The rings under her eyes, the paleness of her skin, the lack of appetite. But most of all, Molly noticed the lack of happiness in Ginny’s eyes. Molly couldn’t blame her. The young man she loved, her brother, and her best friend had left for parts unknown. If Ginny was even half as lonely and worried as she herself felt, she could definitely understand.

But her “mother’s intuition” was telling her that what was eating at her daughter was not from worry or loneliness. It was from something more. Ginny was mentally and physically tougher than she looked. Growing up with her brothers over the years had made certain of that. She wanted to ask Ginny what was wrong. But she knew that if she did that, Ginny would just close up. Molly would just have to be patient and wait for Ginny to come to her. Molly just prayed that her daughter wouldn’t snap before then.


Harry Potter:


Harry found himself kneeling in front of the body of Albus Dumbledore. He adjusted the glasses on his long time mentor’s face. He felt his body shaking from either cold or exhaustion, but he wouldn’t leave Dumbledore’s side even as Hagrid pleaded with him to get up.

“Harry, come on”

It was that voice, saying those three words that made Harry move. In his memory that would always be the case.

But when the hand enclosed around his, he knew something was wrong. He looked over and realized with a start that the hand belonged to Hermione and not Ginny.

“This isn’t right,” he thought to himself.

“Where’s Ginny?” asked Harry.

“Harry, Professor McGonagall wants us all to go to the hospital wing,” replied Hermione.

“Where’s Ginny?” Harry repeated.

But Hermione wouldn’t answer him. She wouldn’t even look him in the eyes.

Harry feet were moving and he found himself before the hospital wing doors before he knew it.

Harry flung the doors open and was greeted by a familiar face.

“Harry it’s good to see you’re still alive,” said a teary eyed Bill, as he placed a hand on Harry’s shoulder.

Harry ignored him as he pushed through Bill to find the rest of the Weasley family surrounding one bed. Harry felt his heart rate increase as he felt Bill’s hands grab his shoulders.

“I’m sorry Harry, I couldn’t get to her in time. Greyback just…”

But Harry couldn’t hear him anymore, his heartbeat was pounding in his ears as he pushed through the twins to get to the bedside. What he saw made him collapse to his knees again, his racing heartbeat stopping completely.

It was Ginny. Even with all the slashes and blood, he would recognize her anywhere. She was covered from head to toe in blood. Harry’s voice failed him as he looked to her parents. The tears in their eyes told him everything he needed to know.

Harry wrapped his arms around her. He tried to scream but he couldn’t catch his breath. Ginny’s lifeless form swayed in Harry’s arms as his voice finally returned.

“NO!!!” he screamed as he awoke.

It took Harry a few moments to get his bearings. He, Hermione and Ron were in a private compartment on a train headed to Hogsmeade. They had originally planned to Apparate but Hermione was worried that Harry’s exhaustion would cause him to Apparate into the wrong place, or “pull a Charlie” as Ron was fond of calling it.

“How long was I asleep?” asked Harry.

“Not long, about ten minutes,” replied Hermione with the look on her face that she only used for news that she didn’t want to tell.

Harry looked over to his best friends. They were both playing a game of wizard’s chess. Ron was playing with a rather goofy grin on his face. Hermione on the other hand had a deepness in her eyes that Harry knew he recognized from someplace before.

“What are you two up to?’ asked Harry.

“Just playing chess…with a different set of rules,” replied Ron.

“Different rules, huh?” asked Harry.

“Well…it’s just that…every time I win a piece…Hermione owes me…well a…” started Ron.

Hermione’s cheeks went red, “A kiss you prat, a kiss!”

Now Harry recognized the look in her eyes. It was the same look Ginny would give him whenever she wanted to be kissed. Hermione was definitely throwing the game as Ron had only lost a total of three pieces to Hermione’s eight.

Harry thought of Ginny and removed the locket she had given him from under his shirt. The memory of their first kiss sprang before him as soon as he opened it. The memory comforted him. He had looked at the memory a lot since his nightmares had begun. It was just a reminder that his nightmares were just a distortion of reality. When Harry looked over he saw Ron staring at the memory with a grin on his face.

“I miss her too, Harry,” said Hermione.

Ron nodded in agreement as he posed a question to her, “So did you find anything on the subject of Dementors that I wanted you to find?”

“Several things, just nothing on the subject you were talking about. I’m going to have to check the Hogwart’s library when we get there,” answered Hermione.

“Dementors?’ asked Harry.

“I was thinking about it the other night and if we are going to face Voldemort, we can’t do it straight on,” started Ron.

Harry looked at Ron slightly puzzled, but curious.

“The way I see it, Voldemort has more personnel at his disposal. So we are going to have to do this strategically. Look at it like a game of chess. You don’t just go for the king straight away. You take out your opponent’s defenses until the king is the last piece standing,” continued Ron.

“Makes sense, but Dementors?” Harry asked again.

“Think of them as Voldemort’s pawns, his first line of defense. To properly deal with them we are going to have to use a little more than our Patronus Charms to keep them at bay. The way I see it, after the war the Dementors can’t just go back to guarding Azkaban prison. They can’t be trusted anymore. So if we run into them we're going to have to take them out, once and for all,” said Ron.

“So I take it you are having Hermione look up a way to destroy them?” asked Harry.

“Yes, unless you fancy leaving them on the playing field,” said Ron.

Harry shook his head. Ron was right and he knew it. Harry found it amazing how long you could know someone and yet never see everything about them. Ron’s ability to see offense and defense was going to come in handy. Harry was happy to have Ron along on this journey.

“So Harry, did you want to head up to Hogwart’s as soon as we get in?” asked Hermione.

“I was considering going in tonight, but we…I mean I need the rest and it will give us some time to study the map. Get a feel for how many people are on the grounds,” answered Harry.

Hermione went back to studying the chess board. She had managed to lose another two pieces since Harry had awoken. She looked as if she couldn’t wait to lose, so that Ron could collect his winnings. Harry took one last glance at his locket’s memory before closing it and tucking it back under his shirt. He felt so tired. Tomorrow was going to be a long day. Heck, with the way he hadn’t been sleeping it was going to be a long night.


Ginny Weasley:


The evening found Ginny having to shower and change clothes for dinner. It had been a long and tiring day. While she wasn’t the least bit hungry, she would be happy just for the company of her mum and dad.

She had just made her way downstairs to the dinner table, when she was greeted with a surprise. Her brothers Fred and George had come home for dinner with her dad.

Molly watched her daughter hug her two brothers. She had asked Arthur to invite the boys home for dinner in hopes of lifting Ginny’s spirits.

The conversation at dinner was very light. The twins were talking about the joke shop and Arthur was talking about the latest possessed toilet. Everyone was eating heartily. Everyone with the exception of Ginny, who was playing with her food and barely took a bite.

“What’s the matter Ginny, not hungry?” asked George.

“Maybe she’s started one of those Muggle diets,” answered Fred.

“What sort of diet would that be? The “get no sleep, no sun, starvation” diet?” asked George.

“Well it looks like its working to me,” said Fred.

“Or maybe our little Ginny is on a hunger strike because she misses her little Harry,” teased George.

Fred continued, “Is that it? Does Ginny miss Harry? Does she miss his hugs and kis…”

Fred’s comments came to an abrupt halt as a full plate of food went flying, narrowly missing his head, crashing into the wall behind him. Molly, Arthur, and the twins went silent, their eyes wide with surprise.

Molly watched her daughter as she buried her face and hair into her hands. Molly quickly got up to comfort her child, when Ginny stood from the table and began screaming at her brothers.

“What do you want me to say? What do you want to hear? That every night since Harry left that I haven’t been able to sleep or eat? That I keep having nightmares about Harry dying? Or maybe you want to hear that I’m this way because I’m lovesick or lonely or worried for him!"

"Well I am, but that has nothing to do with my lack of eating or sleeping! I can handle being alone! I can handle being left behind! As the youngest Weasley, I have been doing it all my life! It’s no big deal! But for the past week I have tried to figure out what’s wrong with me and I’m doing nothing but driving myself mad! All I have figured out since Harry left is that I haven’t felt whole! I feel incomplete! I know that may mean nothing to you! But it’s easy to feel that way when you have the person in your life who makes you feel complete! Mum has Dad! Fred has George! Ron has Hermione! Bill has Fleur! Even Tonks has Remus! I just don’t feel whole! I need to be with Harry! He needs me as much as I do him! He is going through exactly what I am going through right now! I can feel it in my heart! He is just too stubborn to realize it! I just want him back Mum…I just want my soul mate back…please can’t I just have him back?”

Molly supported her daughter’s weight as Ginny began crying uncontrollably into her mother’s chest. Molly’s heart was aching after hearing Ginny breakdown. She felt helpless as she walked her daughter upstairs to her bedroom. The twins were still quiet as mother and child disappeared up the stairs.

Arthur’s voice finally broke the silence, “Go home boys. Your mother and I have some things to discuss.”

The twins said nothing as they gathered their things and walked out of the house. In all of their lives, Arthur had never seen the twins that quiet for so long a period of time.

Half and hour later, Arthur was throwing another log in the Burrow’s fireplace, when Molly came walking back downstairs. Molly’s face showed no emotion. She looked as perplexed as he felt.

“How is she?” asked Arthur.

“I calmed her down long enough to give her a dreamless sleep potion and put her to bed. We will just have to wait and see,” replied Molly.

Molly continued, “Arthur, I have never seen our daughter in such a state. Do you think there was any truth in what she said?”

“To be honest, I’m half convinced already. In the time Harry was here I witnessed the interaction between the two of them. Things like passing each other foods that the other wanted without asking or the way they communicated to each other without ever speaking, while everyone else was arguing,” said Arthur.

“You mean when they broke the news about not returning to school?’ asked Molly.

“That and when we returned home late from the bachelor party,” added Arthur.

“I noticed that as well. But Arthur, what exactly do you mean when you say that you are only, “half convinced” ?” asked Molly.

“What I mean is that I’m not ready to simply throw our youngest child in harm’s way just because she wants to be with her boyfriend. I need to see proof that not only what she says about being incomplete is true, but that she has the means of handling herself in a situation the likes of which she could very well find herself in,” said Arthur.

Molly nodded her head in agreement, “So how do you intend to, “fully convince” yourself?”

Arthur threw another log on the fire as he began speaking, “I need you to do something for me as soon as Ginny wakes up…”


Harry Potter:


Harry awoke screaming again after what had to be the fifth replay of the same nightmare. He was battling in the Ministry of Magic. He still remembered how that little adventure began as a rescue mission but it ended up being a trap and then a battle to keep his rescue party alive.

But in this nightmare it was Ginny who was killed that night and not Sirius. Harry could only watch in horror as it was Ginny’s body that fell through the mysterious curtain. Each time Harry could see it coming, but no matter what he tried, he could never get to her in time.

“This is getting ridiculous,” commented Harry to no one unparticular.

“What’s ridiculous Harry?” asked Ron.

Harry shook his head and ignored the question. He, Ron and Hermione were sharing a room above one of the local taverns. The room was rather small, but then again, Harry had slept in smaller.

“Where’s Hermione?” asked Harry.

“Taking a shower, it’s morning mate. Didn’t you sleep?” Ron asked.

“No, it was another nightmare plagued night. Don’t tell Hermione, you know how she always goes into “mother hen” mode,” replied Harry.

“Harry, you do realize she is going to know anyway. She always does,” said Ron.

“Not a word Ron. You say anything to her and I’m going to tell her that you were trying to spy on her in the shower,” threatened Harry.

Ron’s eyes went wide with terror, “You wouldn’t! I would never spy on her in the shower.”

Harry smiled, “Yeah, but she doesn’t know that. Come on, let’s start looking over the Marauder’s map. It’s going to be a long day.”


Ginny Weasley:


Ginny felt her heart race as she looked over the horizon. This was for two reasons. First, she was amazed at the size of the hedge maze. It looked as if it went on forever, not to mention how the pattern shifted periodically. Second, Harry was so close to winning the Tri-wizard tournament. Ginny had watched him from afar all year. This year she felt as if she was going to die as she watched him perform the first two tasks.

From one of the higher tiers of the stadium she watched quietly. How long had everyone been waiting? One hour, maybe two. Her fingers were getting sore from gripping the railing in front of her.

Ginny almost screamed when they pulled Fleur from the maze. Fleur looked half dead.

“This isn’t right. How can Fleur still be in school?” Ginny thought to herself.

There was a flash at the center entrance of the maze. Ginny saw Cedric and Harry land on top of one another, each holding the Tri-wizard cup. The crowd went crazy with applause.

Cedric untangled himself from the pile. He and Harry looked horrible and Cedric was hysterical. The Hogwart’s staff were trying it’s best to calm him down and find out what happened. The crowd had gone eerily silent as Ginny started making her way down to check on Harry.

“He’s back…Harry shielded me…Avada,” yelled Cedric as Ginny reached field level and the group surrounding Cedric and Harry.

Ginny knew something was wrong as soon as she knelt by Harry and touched his hand. Harry’s glasses were smashed, his eyes were staring into nothingness and his mouth was agape.

“Harry…Harry. Oh please I can’t do this anymore. This isn’t right. This isn’t how it was supposed to happen. Get up please!!” she pleaded.

Ginny quickly sat upright in her bed. Sweat on her face and a look that would have killed Voldemort himself had he been in the room. She threw the blankets off as she spoke out loud.

“Dreamless sleep potion, my arse!”

Ginny’s mum entered the room as she finished yelling this.

“Did you say something dear?” asked Molly.

“No Mum,” answered Ginny.

“Well, since you’re up, would you mind running some errands for me? We are having company for dinner again and I need to straighten up the house,” asked Molly.

“Not Fred and George again. I don’t think I could face them after last night,” stated Ginny.

“No, not them, silly. It’s Remus and Tonks. According to your dad, they haven’t seen one another for a few weeks, and he invited them over for a home cooked meal. So get cleaned up and dressed. I’ve left a list of items I need and some money near the front door,” said Molly as she kissed her daughter’s forehead and left the room.

Ginny was so exhausted she really didn’t care what she looked like. So she put on some jeans, a sweatshirt, and some trainers. Her dad had given her all the Muggle clothing. She laughed as she looked at herself in the mirror. Her dad would be smiling if he saw her right now.

“Might as well get going. Dinner should be delicious. Too bad I won’t be hungry enough to eat it,” Ginny said to her reflection as she turned and made her way downstairs.


Harry Potter:


As always the Marauder’s map worked perfectly as the trio made its way to the headmaster’s office. But seeing as it was the middle of the summer break and no one was sure whether or not Hogwart’s would re-open this coming year, they could have walked to the office without the map’s help.

“Well, we’re here Harry. But, as I said, the problem would not be getting here, it is going to be getting the gargoyle to let us pass. I’m sure none of us have the password,” said Hermione.

Harry laughed as he watched Ron trying different passwords, “Chocolate frogs! Licorice whip! Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans!”

At that point even Hermione couldn’t help but laugh.

“Shut up, you two!” Ron said as he laughed along with them.

“Let me try something,” said Harry.

Harry had seen this done only once, and he still wasn’t sure how Dumbledore did it. He knew that to get this right he would have to concentrate. If this didn’t work they would have to go back to the Ron Weasley “dessert listing” plan.

Harry scolded himself as he began laughing again. The lack of sleep was making him giddy. He took a deep breath, closed his eyes and focused. He thought back to the night he and Dumbledore had gone after what they thought was a Horcrux. He did his best to mimic what he had seen Dumbledore do that night. He concentrated on finding something, anything out of the ordinary. He slowly ran his hand along the gargoyle and the pedestal it stood on.

Harry had been at it for about ten minutes. He was beginning to feel as if what he was doing was useless when his body went rigid. His hand would travel no further and under his closed eye lids he saw a glimmer of light that looked like light being passed behind a keyhole.

He opened his eyes and pulled the knife that Sirius had given him as a gift from his pocket. One of the blades had been melted away that night at the Ministry of Magic, the night Sirius was killed. But this was a multi-use tool and it had another blade that Harry could use.

“Harry, what are you doing!?!” Hermione yelled as she watched Harry cut his palm and placed his blood on the exact spot he had rested his hand on a second before.

Hermione had her wand pulled instantly. She had a look of anger on her face, “What the hell was that for?”

Her question was answered half a second later as the gargoyle began moving to allow them passage. Ron barely suppressed his laughter as Hermione was speechless. Her healing charm had just finished healing Harry’s hand as the three of them made their way up the stairs.

After a last glance at the map, to determine if the office was unoccupied, the trio made their way inside - Harry leading the way.

“So what exactly are we looking for?” asked Ron.

“I’m not sure. Maps, a journal, anything that might show locations of some kind,” answered Hermione.

Harry began speaking, “You know, I realize this is something we have to do, but I still feel rather guilty about going through the Professor’s things. It’s just that…”

Harry was startled by a very familiar voice, “Hello Harry, you are looking a bit haggard.”

Harry, Ron and Hermione turned and found themselves facing a portrait of Professor Dumbledore. It was him, from the half-moon spectacles to the gleam in his eyes. The trio stood transfixed.

“Hello Professor, how are you?” asked Harry

Harry felt stupid as soon as he asked that question. He had to remind himself that what he was looking at wasn’t the real Dumbledore. Magically, the portrait had the essence of his mentor. But Harry knew in his mind that Dumbledore was gone, and that knowledge rocked his heart.

“I’m fine Harry. It is good to see you again,” replied Dumbledore.

“It’s really good to see you too Professor. Could you excuse me for a moment. I need to use the restroom,” said Harry as he turned and began walking from the room.

“Harry, what’s up?” asked Ron.

But Harry said nothing as he left the office and walked back down the staircase. As soon as he was alone, Harry leaned against the wall and began weeping.

Harry had never properly grieved for Dumbledore. Circumstances had just not allowed him the time. He had fooled himself into believing that he had dealt with his mentor’s death. But after seeing him looking so life like, talking, he knew in his soul that he would never totally put it behind him. Harry was so tired of death, but he knew that before this quest was over he would have to deal with even more. The very thought of that sickened him.

Harry felt a slight tug on his shirt. It was Hermione. She said nothing as she looked into Harry’s eyes with compassion. She was fighting back tears. Her eyes were saying only one thing.

“It’s OK, I miss him too”

The two friends embraced for a few minutes before returning to the office. Ron was having a chat with Dumbledore as Harry and Hermione entered. Ron gave Harry an understanding nod as they all sat down.

Dumbledore began speaking, “Am I to assume that if the three of you are here searching this office, that you have decided to begin a quest to find Voldemort’s Horcruxes?

The trio all nodded.

“Then it is also safe to assume that you all understand the dangers involved in such a quest? You realize that you will be tested not only by your enemies. But also by friends, by each other, and from within yourselves?” asked Dumbledore.

The trio looked at each other, and again nodded.

“Then understand this. While the three of you have faced many a challenge, none of you are ready. You will need to be trained before you can face Voldemort or any of his minions. Are you ready to take that step?” he asked.

“Yes,” the trio said in unison.

Dumbledore grinned, “Splendid, I knew you would be.”

At that point, Dumbledore looked up from the trio and spoke again, “Ah yes, just in time. Please come in.”

Harry, Ron and Hermione turned around to discover another person had entered the room. The man looked a bit worse for wear. But something about him struck a cord within Harry. Harry saw a glimmer in the man’s eyes and it suddenly clicked as to who this man was.

“Aberforth Dumbledore! I recognized you from a picture I saw a while ago,” said Harry.

“You mean the Professor’s brother? I heard he was madder than a man trying to play Quidditch on a metal broom in a lightning storm,” said Ron with the subtlety of a falling boulder.

"Maybe you’re right young Weasley. But then again maybe you should read Shakespeare’s “Hamlet” one day,” said Aberforth rather sternly.

Ron looked puzzled.

“If you read it you would learn that the more insignificant you seem, the easier it is to go unnoticed,” continued Aberforth.

Hermione asked, “So Professor, will Aberforth be providing us the training we need?”

Aberforth answered, “No, I am here to give you this,”

Hermione took what appeared to be a leather bound book. It had seen better days as the cover seemed a bit worn and the pages were yellowing. But it was completely filled with writing.

“This is my journal on the subject of Voldemort and his Horcruxes. You will need this on your quest. But you must complete your training before you can begin. Do I have your word?” asked Dumbledore.

Harry answered for all of them, “Yes you do.”

“Excellent Ms Granger, in the book is a separate piece of parchment which will lead you to a Portkey. This Portkey will transport you to a location where you will begin your training,” instructed Dumbledore.

“Who will be training us?” asked Ron.

“You can rest assured it will be someone with the experience to teach you properly and completely,” answered Dumbledore.

“Thank you Professor,” said Harry.

It was then that Dumbledore’s face turned stern, “Harry at this point, only Miss Granger and Mister Weasley may begin their training.”

“What? Why?” exclaimed a surprised Harry.

“Have you not wondered why the nightmares regarding Miss Weasley have not stopped?” asked Dumbledore.

“How did you kno…” Harry began.

But Dumbledore cut him off, “You are incomplete Harry, as she is also. By keeping yourself apart from her your strength diminishes, as her does as well. You will not be able to complete your quest without her.”

Harry leaned his head against his hands.

Dumbledore continued, “You may have chosen to ignore it, but the four of you maintain a balance and with that balance comes strength. Miss Granger has her gifts for acquiring and retaining information, while Mister Weasley has his gift for strategy. The two of them are complete. You, Harry on the other hand, without Miss Weasley…”

“I know…I know!” said Harry as he stood and stormed out of the room.


Ginny Weasley:


At first Ginny had not really wanted to run errands for her mother. With her mind muddled and her body tired, she just didn’t know how she would cope. But as she went about finding the items on her mum’s long list, she got her second wind, as the fresh air seemed to clear her mind.

It was early afternoon by the time that she finished getting the last thing on the list. She started looking forward to getting home and seeing Tonks and Remus. Tonks had always managed to bring a smile to her face whether it be intentional, by changing the color of her hair and facial appearance or unintentional, with her clumsiness.

Ginny found herself laughing at the memory of her mum as she practically begged Tonks to stop helping her in the kitchen. Ginny could still hear the sound of dishes breaking as they hit the dining room floor.

Ginny was only three hundred meters from her home when her eyes saw something that made her stop dead in her tracks.

It was the dark mark, and it was hovering over the Burrow.

Her bag of groceries crashed to the ground as Ginny pulled her wand out and began sprinting for the house. Dark thoughts started running through her mind as her feet propelled her forward.

“Please, don’t let anyone be dead. Move Ginny, move Ginny, MOVE!”

She was at the Burrow’s kitchen entrance in just over thirty seconds. She tried the door and found it open. Ginny steadied herself, her D.A. training clicking into place.

“Be ready for anything. Don’t call out for your parents, that could let anyone still around know that you are alone,” Ginny said to herself.

A quick check of the first floor found nothing out of the ordinary. Ginny carefully made her way to the second floor and her parents’ bedroom. What she found caused her heart to skip a beat.

Her parents were lying on the floor in what looked to be full body binds. Next to them lay Remus Lupin, his body sprawled awkwardly and his wand still in his hand.

It looked as if he wasn’t breathing.

“Panic later Ginny, for now check on your parents and watch your back,” she thought to herself.

Thankfully her parents were still alive. She feared for Lupin’s life, but her first priority was to get her parents out of the body binds. She would most likely need their help against a yet unseen threat.

Ginny tried three times to break the bind, and three times she failed. A cold shiver ran up her spine as she realized that if she could not break the bind, that the caster of the spell was still in the area.

It was then a wave of relief washed over her as Tonks stepped out from her parents’ master bathroom.

“Tonks! Thank Merlin! There are Death Eaters in the house,” said Ginny.

“I know,” replied Tonks.

“I don’t know how Remus is, but help me get my parents out of these body binds,” said Ginny.

“Now why would I want to do that?” asked Tonks.

Another cold shiver ran through Ginny as Tonks finished that question. Time seemed to stand still as Ginny took her first real look at Tonks.

Her hair, which was normally short and colored a shocking bubble gum pink, was shoulder length and jet black. Her eyes, which were normally full of light and happiness, were dark and soulless. Tonks was holding her wand, but fortunately thought Ginny, at her side.

Ginny spoke deliberately slow, “Tonks, what’s going on?”


Tonks let out a humorless laugh, “You stupid, naïve girl. The Dark lord said you weren’t very quick on the uptake. How right he was.”

“What do you mean?” asked Ginny as she slowly got to her feet.

“Several weeks ago, I was sent out on an undercover mission to infiltrate and join a local group of suspected Death Eaters. Little did I know that this group would allow me to meet the Dark lord himself! As I listened to his words I realized what my life was missing,” said Tonks.

“What was missing?’ asked Ginny as she drew a tighter grip on her wand but kept it at her side.

“Power, pure power. I confessed my being an Auror to the Dark Lord. He asked me if I would like to earn a place among his elite, and I said yes. But before I could he said I would have to perform two tasks,” spoke Tonks.

“What tasks would those be?’ asked Ginny as she slowly turned herself sideways, providing Tonks as small a target as possible.

“I was to capture two long time members of the Order of the Phoenix,” answered Tonks with an evil gleam in her eyes.

“That’s one task, what was the other?” asked Ginny as she gave her parents a last glance and prepared herself to duel.

“To kill Harry Potter’s girlfriend!”

Ginny and Tonks raised their wands at the same time.

There was a blinding flash of white light…


Harry Potter:


By the time Ron and Hermione caught up to Harry, he was just outside the grounds of Hogwart’s, in the middle of a clearing. He didn’t at all look happy as he was punching and kicking the air in front of him, as if that would quench his anger.

“Harry, what’s up?’ asked Ron with a concerned look on his face.

Harry turned to his two closest friends and with a slightly mad look in his eyes began ranting.

“You two love me, right, because I love you too. So if you two love me, would you do me a favor? I want you both to pull out your wands and hit me with a killing curse! No wait. That wouldn’t work because it would bounce off of me. Then you two would be dead and I would have to walk around for the rest of my life with three lightning bolts scars on my forehead! Aaargghh!”

“Harry, what the bloody hell is the matter with you?” asked Ron again.

Harry raised both hands above his head in a sign of frustration, “I knew it. Somehow I always knew. But I kept denying it to myself. I just wanted to keep her out of harm’s way, to keep her safe. Even Hermione told me that bringing her would be right and I still said no. Nahh! Good old noble Harry Potter had to ignore all the signs. So excuse me now that I know I’m wrong and say out loud that I would rather be hit with a killing curse than have to deal with having to face Ginny and tell her she was right!!”

Ron and Hermione looked at one another and began laughing. A few seconds later, Harry laughed as the absurdity of it all hit him as well.

The laughter continued between the three of them for almost a full minute, when Harry’s heart was hit by a cold streak that caused him to stop laughing instantly, a look of concern on his face.

Hermione was the first to notice Harry’s change, “What’s wrong?”

“Ginny is in trouble! I have to go to her now!” yelled Harry.

“Harry, you can’t Apparate that far!”

But Hermione was talking to herself, with only Ron by her side, by the time she finished speaking.


Ginny Weasley:


Ginny’s left arm was hanging useless by her side. She had managed to get her wand up quickly enough, but Tonks’ Auror speed was incredible as she was able to get off her spell first. Luckily for Ginny the spell glanced off of her arm. But Ginny sure as hell didn’t feel lucky at that moment.

She had sprinted from the room. Ginny knew she needed to get Tonks as far away from her parents and Lupin as she could. Ginny ran to the front door hoping to get outside and put some distance between her and Tonks.

She turned the knob but found it locked. “Alohomora”, said Ginny, but to no effect as the door remained locked.

“Oh Gin-Gin! If you were thinking of running outside, think again. All the doors to the house are now sealed. You are going nowhere but to the grave!” Tonks taunted from upstairs.

She was taking her time, savoring the hunt. The thought made Ginny furious. She was no animal to be hunted for sport.

So Ginny couldn’t get out of the house. Tonks may have thought that a disadvantage to Ginny. But Ginny knew better. Tonks could not have been more wrong. This was the house Ginny grew up in for her entire life. She knew every inch of this place like she knew herself.

Ginny could hear Tonks slowly coming down the hallway on the second floor. She knew she only had a few moments before Tonks would be coming down the stairs.

“Aguamenti,” whispered Ginny as she soaked the entire flight of stairs from top to bottom.

“Agua-glacius,” she whispered as she froze the water that she had just placed upon the stairs.

Ginny walked backwards until her back was against the wall. She then dropped to one knee and raised her wand to eye level, taking aim on the bottom of the stairs - giving herself as clear a shot as possible.

“I’m down here Nymphadora! What are you waiting for?” yelled Ginny in a mocking tone.

“Are you in that much of a rush to die, Ginevra? Or shall I call you, “Tom Riddle’s little play thing”?” Tonks’ tone was just as mocking.

“By the way, unless you want to die a slow and painful death, you will never again call me Nymphadoraaaaaaaaa!”

Tonks had slipped on the ice and was falling down the long flight of stairs, right into Ginny’s firing range. Ginny had played Tonks’ clumsiness perfectly.

Ginny began firing spells as soon as Tonks crashed into the floor at the bottom of the stairs.


Harry Potter:


Harry never heard Hermione’s warning. He was no fool though and he knew the limits of Apparition. He knew the physical laws that he couldn’t break. But for Ginny he was about to see how far he could bend them.

CRACK! He was at Hogsmeade station.

CRACK! He was at King’s Cross station.

CRACK! He was at Diagon Alley.

CRACK! This last jaunt should have put him right in front of the Burrow. His head was spinning. Why wasn’t he at the Burrow? Had he just pulled “a Charlie”? Then the answer hit him like a bludger.

“Damn magical boundary!” Harry yelled out loud.

Harry dropped to one knee. His heart was pounding like it wanted to come out of his chest. He felt like he had just run two marathons in a row. His legs felt rubbery.

The monster in Harry’s chest came to life and pulled him to his feet. It roared inside him and forced him to run.

He could hear it screaming at him, as if to say, “There will be time to rest when you are dead…now move!”

So Harry listened as he began sprinting.


Ginny Weasley:


Each of Ginny’s spells found their target. But to Ginny’s dismay each had no effect, as even though Tonks was off balance, she had blocked each one away perfectly.

Tonks quickly got to her feet. Her eyes showed an inner fury as she spoke.

“Nice try, young Weasley. But is that the best you have?”

“Might as well pull out my best stuff now,” Ginny thought to herself as she fired two quick hexes at Tonks.

Tonks blocked them away as if she was waving away flies, “A Bat-Bogey hex? I am no child. I am an Auror and soon to be a Death Eater elite!”

Tonks lifted her wand again as Ginny realized she was out in the open. Ginny dove for the closest sofa, in hopes of gaining herself some protection from Tonks’ next spell.

Tonks’ spell missed Ginny as it caused a vase that was located on the end table to explode, right in front of Ginny’s face.

Ginny felt pain from several deep cuts as she placed a hand to her face and pulled away a hand covered in her own blood.

Ginny had never felt a level of fear as she did at that exact moment. Not in the Chamber of Secrets, not during the battle at the Ministry of Magic, and not even at the battle at Hogwart’s. Ginny had always thought herself ready to stand at Harry’s side when he told her his future plans. Now she wasn’t so sure. What had made her so sure in the first place?

Her connection to Harry clicked in as the answer came to her. It was Harry. Each and every time she fought, it was with the thought that she was there for him, the way he had always been there for her.

The connection was telling her that Harry was near, that he was on his way. But she could feel he wasn’t close enough, that he wouldn’t get to her in time.

Ginny was out of options and out of time. Tonks had rounded the sofa and was now upon her. Ginny could see the hatred in her former friend’s eyes. But she refused to show this traitor any weakness, as she gripped her wand and gave Tonks an angry glare.

“Defiant to the end aren’t we little Ginny,” taunted Tonks as she pointed her wand at Ginny’s face.

“What makes you think that this is the end, Nymphadora?” said Ginny with a taunting grin.

“STOP CALLING ME NYMPHADORA!” yelled Tonks between clenched teeth.

Ginny closed her eyes.

There was a bright flash.

And all went quiet in the Burrow.


Harry Potter:


Harry was only one hundred meters from the Burrow. The Dark Mark was still hovering over the house, but Harry ignored it, like he ignored the pain in his chest, like he ignored the pain in every part of his body. He had come too far to stop. He could feel Ginny’s presence inside him. He could feel her fear. Normally, this might be a bad thing. But in this case it let him know she was still alive. He had no idea if she could sense it, but he kept trying to tell her to hold on. That he was almost there.

He could feel his fears closing in on him as he closed on the house. As many times as he had been told that the deaths of his loved ones were not his fault, he would never be able to totally believe it. He refused to put another soul on the list today and he would give his life to keep this particular soul alive.

Harry was finally at the door, when he caught sight of a flash coming from inside the house. A shiver of fear ran through him as his connection to Ginny suddenly went dead.

“NO!!” yelled Harry as he tried to open the door and found it locked.

“Alohomora, Alohomora!!” Harry cried, but the door wouldn’t budge.

“Mum and Dad will just have to forgive me for this,” thought Harry as he took several steps back and screamed,

“BOMBARDA!!”

The door exploded off its hinges and landed well behind him. Harry ran into the house and instantly had to perform another spell.

“Expelliarmus!!”

The wand Harry aimed for was knocked harmlessly to the floor. But Harry would not let his guard down. He decided to survey the room once before speaking.

On Harry’s right stood Remus Lupin, his hands in the air as his wand had been sent flying from his hand by Harry. On Harry’s left and on her knees was Tonks. Behind Tonks stood Ginny. There were several cuts on her face from which blood was flowing and her left arm looked limp. But in her right hand was her wand, and it was pressed against Tonks’ cheek. Ginny’s eyes were blazing. She looked like she’d been through hell.

She never looked more beautiful to Harry.

“About bloody time, Potter,” said Ginny as she grinned at him.

Harry looked to his right again as Remus finally spoke.

“Harry, this isn’t what it looks like.”

“Well Remus, why don’t you try and explain what it looks like, but understand, there's only one person in this room I trust right now and she's holding the other wand,” said Harry.

“Why don’t you let us try to explain, Remus.”

The voice came from just behind Harry. It was Arthur Weasley who was walking down the stairs with his wife in tow. Molly and Arthur stopped in the middle of the stairs. There eyes went between Harry’s and Ginny’s faces. They could finally see the mirror images that Harry and Ginny had become.

“Molly, now I am fully convinced,” said Arthur.

“As am I, Arthur,” said Molly.

XXXXXXXXXX

“I’m really, really sorry Ginny,” said Tonks as she performed a healing charm for the cuts on Ginny’s face.

Tonks’ hair was back to being short and pink again, the shine of happiness was back in her eyes, she had not stopped apologizing since Arthur began explaining what was going on.

“It’s fine Tonks. It was rather scary thinking you had gone evil. I never realized how powerful a witch you truly are,” said Ginny.

“So let me get this straight. You asked Tonks and Remus over to the house to not only test Ginny’s abilities but also our connection to one another?” asked Harry.

“Yes, but to be honest, Molly and I never expected it to work out the way it did,” said Arthur.

“So tell me, how did Ginny get the upper hand on Tonks?” asked Harry.

Tonks spoke up, “I can answer that. Just as I performed my last spell, and it was a mere stunning spell mind you, Ginny managed to Disapparate from in front of me and Apparate behind me in less than a second. It was grand, it was almost like she was in two places at once.”

“I’ve never even tried to Apparate before,” said Ginny.

“But with the magical boundary, she shouldn’t have been able to Apparate at all,” said Harry.

“And you shouldn’t have been able to Apparate over such a long distance,” said Arthur to Harry.

“Dumbledore’s portrait was right. We are very powerful together,” Harry thought to himself.

“Mum, I am sorry about the door,” said Harry.

“Oh, don’t worry Harry, Arthur will have it fixed in no time. Why don’t we all just gather outside in the garden for dinner?” said Molly.

“May I have a few minutes alone with Ginny?” asked Harry.

“We’ll be outside, don’t let your dinners get cold dears,” said Molly as she ushered everyone else out of the house.

As soon as the room cleared they were in each other’s arms. They kissed and all the worry that the two had held for one another over the last week finally fell away. Harry broke the kiss and had Ginny sit on the sofa.

“What?” asked Ginny.

Harry found himself pacing as he began speaking, “I just wanted to say that I was wrong about leaving you behind. When I said, I was nothing without you a few weeks ago, I didn’t know how right I was. What I am trying to say is that if you still want to, I would love to have you by my side through all of this.”

Ginny said nothing as she crossed her arms. Her lips set in a thin line across her face.

Their connection clicked on again as Harry’s face went blank.

Harry pointed at Ginny and said, “If you value your life, you won’t say what you are about to say!”

Ginny smiled, “I told you so!”

“Aaarghh!” yelled Harry as he jumped on the sofa and began tickling Ginny furiously.

XXXXXXXXXX

“I may never be comfortable with letting Ginny go, but I believe it is for the best,” said Arthur.

“I don’t think I am going to like having an empty nest so soon. I won’t know what to do with myself,” said Molly.

“So Arthur, you never told us exactly where the two of them are going,” said Remus.

“That’s right,” replied Arthur as Remus merely nodded in understanding.

“Tonks, could you please gather those two before their dinners go cold?” asked Molly.

Tonks made her way to the kitchen entrance, “Wotcher Harry! Molly wants you two out here before your …”

Tonks was outside an instant later, “I think you three need to come inside and see this.”

The four of them made their way back inside and what they found caused them all to smile.

Harry was lying on the sofa, his mouth hanging open, glasses askew. Ginny was laying against his chest her red hair all over the place. The pair looked as if they would sleep for days.

Molly smiled as she covered them with a blanket.

“Leave them be, they can eat when they finally wake up,” said Molly.


Harry Potter and Ginny Weasley:


The atmosphere at the Yule Ball was electric. Everyone was dancing except Ginny.

A familiar voice grabbed her attention, “May I have this dance, my wife?”

Ginny turned and smiled,” Harry, you do realize that this isn’t how things went at the ball?”

Harry returned her smile, “ Maybe so, but it’s our dream, let Neville and Parvati find their own dance partners.”

She took his hand and together they shared a dance that should have taken place years before.

Reviews 33
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear