Search:

SIYE Time:23:55 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


The Train Ride Home
By LaraMagic

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: General
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 17
Summary: It's over, Ginerva, she told herself. You really don't need him. You don't even like him. It was all a silly schoolgirl crush. You never loved him. Oh, what Ginerva would have given believe that.
Hitcount: Story Total: 4010







ChapterPrinter


DISCLAIMER: In case you don’t know, I don’t own any Harry Potter characters. They all belong to J.K.Rowling and Warner Brothers..

This is my first fan fic. Please, PLEASE rate! I appreciative comments and criticism.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The girl trudged down the train hallway, looking for a compartment. She had a denim jacket on, which she had tucked her long hair into. To further cover it, she had a red and gold scarf wrapped around her neck, and a stylish black hat pulled as far down on her head as possible.

Her hair was unmistakable, a long mass of fire, breathing with life. So many had admired it.

But today she kept it hidden, because it was clearly her signature mark, and she most certainly did not want anyone to come and ask more questions.

Questions, questions… Why couldn’t they just mind their own business, dammit? Why couldn’t they just leave her alone?

She hated them for the things they asked, too. Last year, she had flown to the Ministry of Magic and fought Death Eaters. Yes, she had been questioned about that an annoying amount of times. But now she was famous (at least in Hogwarts) because of her relationship with the Boy Who Lived. She hated that.

She found an empty compartment at the very end of the train car. The window wouldn’t close, one of the lights was busted, but it was all the better for her. It would be harder for people to see her.

Briefly, she wondered if Harry was alone. No, her Ron and Hermione would be with him, and perhaps even a giggling posse of brainwashed girls who wanted to talk to him now that he was “available.” Then again, Harry was never the kind of person who liked to be cooed and giggled at, and Ron and Hermione might have wanted some alone time. At the funeral, her git of a brother had finally shown some affection for her, after all these years.

It was the same day that her heart had been broken.

A wave of sadness passed through her, like a large cloud passing over the sun and casting a shadow over a plain. Dumbledore was dead, dead…. It was so hard to grasp. The old headmaster had seemed immortal, in a way. And now Hogwarts could be closing. It had been her home for five years. It couldn’t close. It just couldn’t.

So much had happened here. Dreams, nightmares… She had been possessed by Voldemort, and she had been taken into Slytherin’s Chamber of Secrets. She had made friends, learned how to become a spectacular witch, gone to dances, played Quidditch, and met the Boy Who Lived, the boy who kissed you so well when you happened to coincidentally end up alone with him in empty classrooms….

For a moment she was brought back to her first kiss. She found herself smiling at the thought of it. She had run into his arms, not knowing how or why, and their lips automatically had collided. Her feminent form had fit in perfectly with his masculent one, like they were meant to just stand there and kiss. She still felt the pressure of his hand on her back, and the fuzziness in her head as she wondered, Is this real?

She gazed out the window. The ancient, massive castle was slowly getting smaller and smaller. At this distance it looked almost surreal, like a postcard from Neverland.

It was disappearing, and for some reason Ginny felt like her heart would burst because she could not save it. It was a frantic feeling, and she had to suppress a shudder. What the hell was the matter with her?

“GINNY!” A cheerful chorus of three girls had just burst into her compartment. Ginny scrowled. They had just interrupted her very emotional, soul-finding moment. For a second she glanced out of the window again. Hogwarts had disappeared behind some hills. Damn.

“Um, hello, do I know you?” she asked incrediously.

“No!” replied the first happily. She was a third year Gryffindor with short blonde hair. “But you do now! I’m Joy!”

Big surprise, thought Ginny.

Another Gryffindor with very curly, mouse brown hair stood up, smiling widely. “I’m Joy’s best friend, Mary Rose.”

“Hey!” said the last girl, her jaw twitching. “I’m your best friend! And Joy’s my best friend too, more then yours!”

Ginny clapped her hand to her mouth to keep from laughing. They were honestly only a year younger then her? Yeah, she recognized the last one. Romilda Vane had flirted with Harry endlessly, and when he and Ginny had began dating, Romilda had bombaded her with stupid questions and envious looks. Stupid Romilda.

She was still arguing with her friends. Ginny stood up. “I’ve got to meet up with my friends,” she lied quickly, and slipped out the door.

The hallway possessed an eerie calmness. Compared to the compartment, it was a chapel. It allowed too much space for stray, bothersome thoughts.

Ginny wondered if she had been like Romilda Vane around Harry, always trying to impress him. Well, no, she hadn’t, at first she’d been really shy. It was embarrasing even to think of all the stupid things she had done back then.

Well, she had shown off for him, but just a little bit. She had definitely showed off for him at Quidditch tryouts and practices, but she had to so she could get on the team, and what was wrong with doing your best? So what if she had always tried extra hard to make him laugh? She made everyone laugh. She slapped herself mentally. Oh no. She was not comparing herself to the bitch Romilda Vane.

She criticized herself for thinking about him so much. They were over. He had dumped her. She replayed his hurtful works in her head to let their meaning sink in.

Harry was just very protective of her. He was just very, very noble.

Damned noble git.

It’s over, Ginerva, she told herself. You really don’t need him. You don’t even like him. It was all a silly schoolgirl crush. You never loved him.

Oh, what Ginerva would have given believe that.

Ginny almost jumped as a heavy hand foung itself on her shoulder. Of, course. Michael Corner.

"Hello, Michael," Said Ginny dryly. She began walking down the hallway to rid herself of him, but there he was, walking right alongside her.

"Hello, Gin. I haven't seen you for a while." Ginny felt herself redden. Since when was she 'Gin'?

"I suppose so," Ginny said stiffly. The last thing she wanted to do right now was to talk to her ex-boyfriend.

Michael smiled at her and leaned up against a window, trying to look cool. "Yeah, it's too bad we didn't have a chance to get to know each other better this year. So I was wondering if you'd like to keep in touch with me this summer."

When Ginny turned to face Michaael again, her eyes were narrowed and her fists were clentched. "Michael, go away," she growled.

Michael's face froze in shock and anger. "But you broke up with Harry Potter!"

"Yes!" Ginny exploded. "I broke up with Harry Potter, or better put, he broke up with me! But that doesn't mean I want to go running off with you, like you did with Cho Chang! We're over, Corner! We've been over for a year and we're not getting back together so that you can be with the "It" girl, the girl who's dated the wonderful and famous Harry Potter!"

She paused, her chest rapidly rising up and down from the effort. She took a moment to glare at Michael. "So, goodbye!" she panted, and began to walk away.

She felt a hand tightly clentching her arm. "Wait!" Michael said angrily. "Gin. Why won't you go out with me?"

Ginny yanked her arm out of his grasp. "It's Ginny. Ginny. Not Gin."

And just like that, he was cutting off the circulation in her arm again. "You're avoiding the subject." His face twisted up in a sneer. "What? Do you looove Harry Potter?" he teased coldly.

It was everything she was denying to herself. Her face was inches from his own. Ginny looked straight into his eyes coldly. "Yes," she said clearly. "I love Harry Potter."

She smiled into his stunned face. "And you can take that to the bank."

"Nice to hear you finally admiting it," said a dreamy voice from behind Ginny. She turned around to see Luna Lovegood.

"Go away, Loony." Michael had suddenly abandoned the shock and was bow smirking at her coldly.

"It's Michael Corn, isn't it?" asked Luna, ignorant of his rudeness.

"You stay out of it, Loony."

He suddenly found himself at the end of Ginny's wand. "You leave her alone," Ginny threatened.

He looked frightened for a moment, but then as though to look as though he couldn't be scared by a girl, he smirked again. "Gin, you can't possibly think that a retard like---"

"Levicorpus!"

With a rather girl-like scream, Michael was hoisted into the air by his left ankle. He hung there, kicking like a baby and grabbing clumps of air, as if it would help him get back down.

Ginny had recognized the voice of the spellcaster. "Thanks," she said awkwardly to Harry. He just gave a quick smile and nodded.

He was walking over to her. Merlin. Ginny blushed. Was he going to talk to her?

He looked like he wanted to say something, but when he got to her, all he did was look up at Michael. He shrugged, as if to indicate that he wasn't going to put an effort into getting him down from there.
Luna, Ginny noticed, had disappeared. She and Harry were alone together, except for Corner, who was squirming above them.

"Well, I guess I won't see you again until the wedding," said Harry quietly, looking deep into her eyes.

Ginny stared back. She had always loved his deep emerald eyes. But now there was something else there... regret? And there was love, and passion. It was there, clearly written in the green.

He blinked, and thier gaze was broken. "See you," said Ginny softly, turning away. Harry nodded and headed for his compartment."

Ginny stopped in her tracks. Something came flooding back to her out of nowhere.
"Ginny, it's been like something out of someone else's life, these couple weeks with you. When I kiss you... when we kiss suddenly there's no Voldemort, there's no war, nobody is dead, there's only peace and light. I don't know how I survived without you before, and I hope I never have to in my future."

"HARRY!" Ginny screamed.

Harry did a double take and turned around to look at her.

Ginny stared at him, a small smile playing on her lips. "I'll wait for you, you know," she said quietly "For as long as it takes. This isn't something I'm gonna forget about. I'll be there waiting for you at the end of the maze. I swear."

For the first time that day, Harry Potter really smiled. He bowed his head to her, happiness in her eyes, and walked on. Ginny knew that for her, no matter what it took, Harry Potter would get to the end of the maze.

And she'd be waiting. She swore it, after all.



Reviews 17
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear