Search:

SIYE Time:21:50 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Still There
By LadyGinny

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:None
Genres: Drama, Fluff, General
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 11
Summary: On a cold February night after Voldemort's defeat, Ginny Weasley finds that her heart had never truly left Harry Potter.
Hitcount: Story Total: 5123







ChapterPrinter


Her heart beat faster as footsteps crunched outside. They came closer still, moving their way through the icy slush of February snow. Her whole family turned to look at her, watching her intently for any sign of expression or emotion. She wasn’t going to show it. The footsteps ceased and she sucked in a breath as the door opened, blowing in the winter air and revealing a man that Ginny hadn’t seen in a very long time. A man with wild jet-black hair and blazing emerald eyes.

Those eyes sought hers immediately, and she could read the expression. She could see all the pain, sorrow and agony pouring out of him. But it was masked also by tenderness, compassion and love. For her. Only for her. He took a step toward her, but that’s when she was fed up. Fed up with him, and his promises. Fed up with him and his nobility complex. Ginny Weasley stood, and within one stride had reached Harry Potter and slapped him across the cheek.

Everyone gasped as Harry staggered. His cheek was red and raw now, and when Ginny saw it she crumpled. Warm tears leaked out of the corners of her eyes as she clung to Harry.

“Harry…I’m sorry…I just couldn’t let you go again…” She was whispering into his chest, her arms wrapped diligently about his neck. His arms were on her waist, caressing her, soothing her. With a look at everyone, he slowly led Ginny out the door, shutting it softly behind him.




Outside, Ginny took a shuddering breath. Her shining red hair was spilled over her shoulders, some of the ends glistening with silver tears. Harry took a deep breath and looked her in the eye.

“I’m sorry Ginny. I am so bloody sorry. But it’s over now, he’s gone. And I promise…I won’t ever leave you,” He said softly, looking straight at her, pouring all his feelings into one look. Ginny whimpered.

“I believe you, Harry, I truly do. But do you know how hard it was for me to wait around? Wondering if you were alive or dead?” Ginny whispered, trying to convey to him how it truly felt to have your heart broken into a million little pieces and then have it put together again by the same, sweet man who broke it. Harry put his forehead to hers.

“And I swear to you that I will never again do anything like that.” Ginny’s heart swelled painfully at his words, wanting so much to accept the meaning of them. Ginny shook her head.

“Harry…you have to understand. You have to know…everyday I wrote to you, but you never replied. No one told me where you were, or what you were doing,” She paused for breath. “I was scared, Harry, so scared, that you would leave me.” She finished, putting a warm hand on his cheek.

And the world was reduced to them. Tears still leaked out of Ginny’s eyes as they landed slowly in the glistening snow, stirring it like the wind stirs the grass. And then Ginny’s outlook changed, for in her mind there was no snow and dreary evening, but a warm summer’s day with a breeze blowing the flowers around her ankles. For the outlook could not be bad with a promise like Harry’s. A promise that would never belong to any other witch, but just her, Ginny Weasley.

Her trance was broken as Harry answered with a quiet yet firm voice.

“Ginny, I want to put the past behind me, behind us. I know I hurt you, and for that I will never forgive myself, but what I want now is a chance to make it up to you. Will you take me back Ginny?”

Ginny smiled, tears still shining in her eyes. And she could barely get the word “yes” out before Harry’s lips were on hers and she was on fire.

His taste was maddening, and she sought for his mouth like an anchor. His tongue found hers and she wondered how she had made it so long without this, and how she knew she wouldn’t live without it from now on. His hands were in her hair now, then on her waist, and she felt like she was drowning, but it was the best way to die.

Reluctantly they broke apart, silently cursing oxygen. His smile stretched from ear to ear, and she knew hers was the same. Her heart thumped against his chest, pounding relentlessly against her rib cage, beating a soothing lullaby. He whispered words in her ear, but then she brought his lips crashing back down to meet hers. He was intoxicating, addicting, like something you just couldn’t let go. She knew she’d die without this, without his lingering taste of Butterbeer and treacle tart and peppermint. She knew that despite her earlier resistance, the night would end like this, a fairy tale ending for a girl who sure had thought she was missing some things in life. But everything about this was like a puzzle piece that fit every time.

Ginny’s cheeks were flushed as he looked at her, and she felt so beautiful and loved, because his eyes were gazing at her adoringly and hungrily, devouring her with a look. She shivered under his gaze, but enjoyed it immensely, knowing she was torturing him by licking her lips slowly and seductively. But he solved it by catching her bottom lip with his teeth and ravaging her with his lips. She squeaked in surprise, but she really doubted he noticed.

And when they pulled away again, the steady rhythm of his heart matched hers, and he set her gently on the ground, taking her hand in his. They walked back toward the Burrow together, as she grinned seductively at him with a hint of amusement in her eyes, she couldn’t help the words that escaped from her lips at that moment, and the words that made him chuckle in amusement,

“You know Potter, even after all this time, you’ve still got it.”
Reviews 11
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear