Search:

SIYE Time:0:47 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Not Another Wedding Fic
By x_sectumsempra_x

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:None
Genres: Fluff, Humor
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 10
Summary: It is of course, a Harry/Ginny one-shot that takes place at Bill and Fleur's wedding. A bit cliche. But I like to think that it has a bit of a twist. And chances are that if you've read one Harry/Ginny wedding fic, you'll read another (I know that I do)
Has mentions of Ron/Hermione and Remus/Tonks
My first ever Harry/Ginny fic =D
Hitcount: Story Total: 3991





Author's Notes:
Hey this is my first ever fic to be put on a site. I've written a few more but they need a lot of work =S. It would really make my day if you left a review for me. I'm welcome to constructive critisism, so feel free to tell me what needs fixing. But no flames. They aren't pleasent. I just edited this story so it's a little bit different in some parts. Nothing noticable though, just to fix some of the dialogue.




ChapterPrinter


“You look beautiful,” Hermione gushed as she entered my room.
“Thanks,” I said pinning back another piece of my hair. Even I had to admit that I looked pretty good. The pale gold fabric of the dress was soft and clung to all the right places. It had a low, rounded neckline, spaghetti straps and a deep cut back. When Fleur had shown me the dress I had done something I rarely did to anyone, I hugged her. In this dress I looked like a proper woman (something that could never quite be managed in my Hogwarts robes).
I was so ecstatic about the wedding, and to add to my excitement, Harry was arriving in exactly one hour and three minutes (but hey, who’s counting?)
“Need any help?” asked Hermione, bringing me out my little daydream.
“Uh, yeah, thanks.”
Hermione walked swiftly across the room and came to stand behind me. I handed her a bobby pin and she secured a wavy lock of red hair.
“It’ll be good to see Harry,” she said, unknowingly mimicking my thoughts. “These past few weeks must’ve been hard on him, but he pulled through Sirius’ death OK and hopefully he’ll pull through this too.”
“I hope so,” I responded in a concerned voice.

We spent the next hour sitting on my bed and chatting. Before I knew it Mum was calling us downstairs to greet Harry. Yeah. Like I needed telling twice.
I heard everybody in the room gasp as Hermione and I came down the stairs (she was in her dress too. It was a beautiful light mauve colour in an attractive satin material).
“You won’t think we’re so great when Fleur comes out,” I said with a laugh.
Every face in the room immediately split into a grin.
My mum was the first to break the silence. “You look beautiful girls.”
“Thanks Mum.”
Hermione walked past me to give Harry a hug.
Hmm, now came the tricky part. How was I going to act around him? I still cared about him and wanted to be with him, but I knew that we couldn’t be together until this war was over.
Harry looked so handsome in his white shirt and black pants. I had the biggest urge to run up and kiss him but instead I just walked over and gave him a quick hug.
“You look amazing Gin,” he whispered in my ear as I pulled away.
I could feel a slight blush crawling up my cheeks.
“Thanks,” I said with a shy smile.
“Is everybody ready for the wedding?” Mum asked in an exasperated tone. She’d been very short tempered and emotional since we’d come back from school and the wedding preparations were getting on her last nerve.
“The guests should be arriving any minute,” Charlie said as he entered the room.
“Wonderful.’

“Wow!” I breathed as Fleur began walking up the isle. I was standing next to Gabrielle at the end of the long crimson carpet with Bill as he waited for his bride. Her dress was so beautiful and she looked like a princess. The bodice was pure white and embroidered with flowers and vines in a pearly coloured thread. The skirt was made of the finest silk and had a long train that trailed behind her as she walked to the man that would finally be her husband.
I could feel tears of joy at the corners of my eyes as my brother and my new sister-in-law exchanged their vows. I could help but wonder if my wedding would be as spectacular as this, which, of course, made me look to the man that I hoped to marry one day. His raven coloured hair was as messy as ever and his emerald green eyes were sparkling in the light of the setting sun.
I looked up in time to see Bill pull Fleur into a passionate kiss, their first as a married couple.
I clapped along with everyone else and wiped a tear away as it fell down my cheek.

I’d been sitting on this hard wooden chair for half an hour and my butt was starting to get sore when a handsome young man dropped into the seat next to me.
“Gabrielle’s hounding me,” Harry said in a mock scared voice.
“Gabrielle Potter,” I said testing it out. “Has a nice ring to it.”
“No thanks. She’s pretty, but I can think of a certain girl who is more beautiful than any Veela,” he said shooting me a meaningful glance.
Harry Potter made me blush for the second time in less than two hours.
“Do you want to go for a walk?” I asked looking up at him, not quite managing to keep the hopefulness out of my voice.
“Sure,” he replied after a second of hesitation.
Harry rose from his seat before extending his hand to me. I took it and he gently pulled me to my feet. I began leading him to our Quidditch pitch and was glad when I realised that Harry hadn’t let go of my hand.
“How’s your summer been going?” I asked concernedly, dropping down onto a bench.
“Let’s just say that I’m glad that I never have to go back there,” he said with a hint of bitterness as he sat next to me.
I placed a comforting hand on his knee and curled my legs up under my body.
He gave me a sweet little smile and I couldn’t help falling in love with him even more.
“Harry. I-I know that we can’t be together,” I said looking down at my hands twisting in my lap. “But I need you to know how much you mean to me, a-and I’m going to wait for you to come back. I don’t want to be with anyone but you.” I said, my voice breaking on the last word. A tear broke free from eyes and rolled gently down my cheek. I felt Harry reach up and wipe it away with the pad of his thumb before lifting my chin up to face him.
“I love you Ginevra Molly Weasley,” he said in his serious tone, the one that made my knees go weak.
“I love you too Harry James Potter,” I whispered.
He leaned down and pressed his lips to mine in a sweet, loving kiss. As I responded to his touch, our kissing became more feverish and passionate. Harry pulled me into his lap and I ran my fingers through his hair. The feel of his hands as they glided over my back send shivers down my spine. After what felt like hours (but was probably only a few minutes) Harry and I broke apart to talk quietly for a while and I rested my head against his chest as we looked up at the stars that were appearing across the sky.
“Ahem.”
I looked to see Fred, George, Ron and Hermione (the last two holding hands).
“What?!” I asked agitated that they had disturbed us.
“Mum wants you back for photos,” Ron said looking embarrassed.
“So when did this happen?” Fred enquired waving a hand at me sitting on Harry’s lap.
“At school,” I answered indifferently.
“We told you to keep an eye on her,” George cried, looking to Ron.
“He’s better than Dean or that Corner bloke!” He retorted defensively.
“I guess,” Fred muttered.
“Well you’ll just have to get used to it,” I said firmly. “’Cause once this war is over Harry and I can be together for good.”
I felt him give my waist a little squeeze in agreement and I cuddled further into his chest.
“Urgh! I have to go! I’m gonna be sick!” Fred screeched, holding a hand over his mouth for extra effect.
“How did you think I feel?” Muttered Ron as they all walked away. “I’ve had to watch that for weeks!”
I watched as my brother’s retreating forms disappeared through the line of trees and turned to look Hermione.
“I knew you guys would get back together,” she said with a knowing smile. “Have fun.”
Hermione gave me a little wink before jogging away to catch up with the others.
I was just about to resume kissing my boyfriend when I heard a rustling in the bushes nearby. I quietly got to my feet and drew my wand. Harry did the same and started edging towards the source of the noise.
He silently pushed back a branch and peered into the darkness. From my position I couldn’t see anything, but suddenly a horrified expression came across Harry’s face and he bolted over to me.
“Let’s get out of here Gin,” he whispered urgently.
“Oh my God! What was it?” I asked nervously. Whatever could get Harry that spooked wasn’t something that I wanted to meet.
“It was Professor Lupin and Tonks,” he said in a revolted tone, “snogging.”
Reviews 10
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear