Search:

SIYE Time:17:05 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


What's Left To Give- Deleted Scenes
By brittpinkie

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley
Genres: Angst, Drama, Fluff, Humor, Tragedy
Warnings: Dark Fiction, Death
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 1
Summary: A few scenes that have been edited or deleted from my story, What's Left To Give.
Hitcount: Story Total: 3971





Author's Notes:
Well, I just remembered that I had these deleted scenes saved and I thought I would share them with everyone. The first one, is from Chapter Two, and is a moment in Ron's mind. The second one, is from Chapter Four, and we get a glimpse of how Ginny truly feels. I deleted both of these scenes just because they didn't really flow well with the chapters, but I still think they're nice pieces. I may add more later, but these are the only two I have saved so far. Enjoy ♥




ChapterPrinter


Chapter Two
The Ride Home




Ron turned against the bitter wind, and looked back at Harry. He was standing solitaire by the lake, looking down at his reflection. He cast a look at Hermione, who was kneeling beside the ground, looking sick.

This is too much, he thought suddenly. We shouldn’t have come back here- it’s too soon.

They had defeated Voldemort only three days before; perhaps they should’ve waited a few more days before returning to world again. He ran his hand through his hair; it had grown considerably longer than he wore it in his Hogwarts days.

He ran his hands over his face, vainly trying to wipe away all the horrible things he had seen in the past years. They had all seen too much to go on normally, not the he expected life would be anything close to normal. He moved over to Hagrid’s hut, and peered inside, though there was still no word whether the old grounds keeper was dead or alive.

His face tightened at the thought of his own family. The last time he had received an owl from his mother had been months ago, and she had sadly reported the news of his brother, Charlie’s death. The rest of the family had been out fighting Death Eaters; after the sixth Horcrux had been destroyed, Voldemort’s followers had gone out in full force.

Ron feared just how many others had died since then. The fact that he hadn’t heard from his mother was worrisome in itself, he hoped that she and the remaining family were all okay.

He looked back at Harry; Hermione had joined them and the two of them were holding hands and talking. He let out a grave sigh. So much had changed; they’d all been through so much. He felt as though his life was in pieces, and he knew they felt the same way too.

What if he returned home only to find that half of his family had died? What if everything that had ever been apart of his life had gone? He blinked back tears as Hermione and Harry neared him; he felt more than blessed to still have his two best friends by his side, but what if they were all that was left?

Harry reached him, and clasped a hand on his shoulder. “All right then, Ron?”

The two of them shared grave smiles, and Harry looked back at the ground. “Stupid question. We’ll never be all right.”

“Don’t say that,” Hermione scolded, but it was only half hearted. The three of them slowly walked off the Hogwarts grounds and neared the three knapsacks which held their belongings.

“Should we Apparate?” Ron asked, though they weren’t far from the train station.

Harry pulled his knapsack higher on his shoulder and shook his head. He knew news of Voldemort’s defeat had gotten out already, and he knew that the Wizarding community knew who defeated him. In other words, he wasn’t quite ready to face the public in that way.

“Let’s skip the train,” he decided firmly. Hermione gave a significant nod, and the three of them Disapparated from the place with a loud crack.





Chapter Four
Home To Stay





Ginny turned in her bed. She couldn’t sleep, though it was late, and she had to go to work very early the next morning. But she had a million thoughts running through her mind.

If someone had told her that morning that her brother, Harry and Hermione would return home that evening, she would’ve thought they were lying. Sure, a few days ago had reported that Harry had defeated Voldemort, but she didn’t really think it was true. The Prophet had been reporting lies and contradictory stories for the past four years; surely that one couldn’t be any different.

But that evening she had gone home, only to find them sitting in the kitchen as though nothing had ever changed.

So much has, though, she reminded herself silently. She couldn’t wait to be able to actually have long, private talks with Ron and Hermione; she had a lot of catching up to do with both of them. And Harry...well, that talk was inevitable.

When she first saw him in the kitchen that evening, she was overwhelmed with emotion. She couldn’t believe that he was just there, sitting at the table, as though he hadn’t been gone for years. She didn’t know what she expected his arrival would be like, but she hadn’t expected it to be like that.

First of all, she always assumed that she’d be there to welcome him home, that it’d be some kind of huge welcome home party for the three of them, and she and Harry would kiss passionately in the middle of the living room-

She sat up in the bed. Ginevra, you’ve been reading far too many wizard romance novels.

The reality of her reunion with Harry had been him stumbling over to her and an awkward silence between them; which she should have expected anyway. But what she did not expect was what was to follow; the holding one another in the kitchen, the fact that he had been crying over missing her...

She leaned back in bed with a small smile. In the moment in the kitchen, she felt as though nothing had changed between them. He was seventeen again, and she was sixteen, and they were at the Burrow at the summer, hugging in the kitchen.

Realistically, she knew that it wasn’t going to be that easy. The moment in the bedroom had proved that; she suspected that Harry would still she her as a girl, how would he react when he realized that she had a whole life of her own now?

She knew that they were going to have a long talk about everything both of them had been through, and she suspected there would be many long days of compromising and adjustments ahead, but that came along with any relationship, didn’t it?

She turned on her side, wondering if they were, in fact, still in a relationship. Nothing had actually been said on the matter. True, she hadn’t dated anyone in the past years, and she assumed Harry hadn’t either, but they had broken up years ago after all. That would be another thing to discuss...

Her mind left this thought behind, and she suddenly drifted over to an image of Harry smiling at her from the bedroom as she left him that night. She had tried to imagine how he would look for years...but her dreams didn’t do the really Harry hardly enough justice. She grinned against the pillow as she thought of how handsome he had looked. He had been a bit scruffy and dirty, but she hadn’t expected anything less from the battle he had just endured...

Again, she found herself frowning as she wondered how the fight against Voldemort would affect things. She didn’t see any outward effects, besides the injured arm, but surely, he was changed inside from such an event. Would he have nightmares still? Would he suffer from anxiety or fear because of what he had endured?

She went over another thousand questions and scenarios before finally settling on the fact that she would not be able to predict what the future would hold. The past four years had conditioned her to hold to the fact that nothing could be certain. If she hadn’t learned that from the other events during the war, she definitely discovered after Charlie’s death that nothing was promised to you, not even your own life.

And though the war was over, she still realized that nothing was promised; anything could change at any second. One thing that was sure about, though, was Harry was home now, and if she had to, she wouldn’t let him go again without putting up a fight.

She finally settled in the bed and pulled her covers up high, and fell asleep.




A/N: So I guess I should let you all in the exciting news- this isn't just a teaser; I've started working on Chapter Nine of What's Left To Give. Yes, I said it was on hiatus, but I really miss writing the story, and I've decided to try and work on it when I can. Look for a chapter soon, but until then, feel free to check out my new story or leave reviews for these deleted scenes....:)
Reviews 1
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear