Search:

SIYE Time:10:08 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Black Boots
By Ginger Snap

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:None
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 22
Summary: Loneliness has Ginny seeking the company of the big city...and a handsome man.
Hitcount: Story Total: 6751





Author's Notes:
Thanks to my sister and to Athea for your wonderful beta work and for being there while I ranted about plot related rejections. I had a lot of fun writing this story and I hope that everyone enjoys reading it! Please please log in and leave a review!




ChapterPrinter






~~ Black Boots ~~

@>--`--,----


There was a slight clinking sound as the ice cubes shifted in the nearly empty glass. Perhaps it was from the heat of the brown-eyed gaze that bore into them, or perhaps it was the warmth of the delicate hand that was wrapped around it. The ice shifted again as the cup was raised slowly to parted lips. The last of its cool contents slid easily down.

Ginny Weasley stared for a moment at the empty glass before her. Why didn’t I have a daiquiri? she thought. The sounds of the lounge around her were nothing more than a soothing backdrop as she thought about her reasons for being there. She felt a soft touch in her mind as she closed her eyes. Her life was wonderful. For the most part.

She had taken the underground and bus home from the labs today. She did that occasionally just to feel the hustle of the people and city around her. Walking from the last stop to the small flat she shared with her soon to be husband gave her time to prepare for walking into emptiness yet again.

She missed him. Between the long hours she spent in the research labs at school, and him being gone for days at a time with his job, it was easy to do. The time they had together was always well spent, though it was never enough.

It never seemed to matter what they were doing. Whether it was walking through the gardens in London, exploring castle ruins in Scotland, cooking dinner in their tiny kitchen, making love in their small bedroom, their even smaller bathroom, or just watching the muggle television her father had given them, she always enjoyed him.

Soon they would be able to slow things down, she thought with a bittersweet smile. Once their lives settled, they would be able to fully enjoy themselves and perhaps eventually start the family they both wanted. Tonight however, Ginny felt alone.

Her thoughts were interrupted by the bartender as he sat another drink in front of her. The sights, sounds, and smells of the high-class lounge around her shook her feelings of longing. Sort of.

She absentmindedly took a sip of the new drink, which was different from what she had just finished. The sweet taste of strawberries filled her mouth and she realized with a smile that it was exactly what she had wanted.

“Wait!” she called to the bartender who had just walked away. “I didn’t order this.”

Just as she realized the bartender had not heard her, she felt a presence. A familiar aroma. Ginny turned her head and looked over at the man. She turned quickly away as she breathed in that quidditch smell. She felt her body react to the scent she knew well.

“I didn’t order this!” she called again, trying to ignore the man who was moving towards her.

“Hi.”

Ginny turned to see where the voice had come from. It was the man now sitting comfortably in the high backed stool next to her. The word was quietly spoken, yet it pierced the distance between them.

“Hi.” she replied as she turned back around and tried to wave down the bartender again.

“Was any one sitting here?” he asked her, a bit nervously this time.

She closed her eyes and smiled to herself before slowly opening them. She turned back towards him and said, “No.”

“Well good,” he said, unable to meet her eyes. His face, she could tell even in the dim lighting, had gone red. “I mean, not good…”

He was cut off by the giggle that escaped from Ginny’s lips. Even though she was going to be getting married soon, she could not help but appreciate the attention.

“What I mean is,” he finally said, looking up at her. Their eyes met and something passed between them that seemed to give him the confidence he needed to continue. “It’s just amazing that someone as beautiful as you could be here alone.”

With a sparkle in her eye that his words helped kindle, she picked up her drink, took a sip and waited for him to continue.

“Do you like the drink?” he asked.

She nodded. “It’s my favourite.” she said with a smile.

“Good. I thought it looked like something you’d drink.” he said as he leaned against the bar, never taking his eyes off her.

She raised the glass slightly towards him, “This was from you?” she asked.

He nodded.

“Well, thanks.” she said cheerily as she looked down at the engagement ring on her finger.

He followed her eyes to the ring and then said, “So why are you here by yourself?”

The spark she felt when he asked that simple question sent her mind spinning back to the loneliness she had been feeling just minutes ago. Perhaps it was that feeling of being alone, the drinks, or both, or something else, but she felt herself drawn to him even though she had only seen him for the briefest of moments.

“I’m sorry,” she said suddenly. Seeing the look of bewilderment on his face, she continued softly. “I’m getting married soon…”

“Lucky bloke.” he interrupted with a smile. “So why are you here and not with him?”

“Long day.” she said, not wanting to admit that she simply did not want to be by herself.

“Oh yeah? What do you do?” he asked as he sat his drink on the bar.

She paused for a second as her lips closed around the straw. She felt a lightness in her fingers and toes as she looked into the man’s eyes. The look she saw startled her. He seemed genuinely interested in her, and she could see a gentleness that was completely disarming her.

She took a deep breath and collected her thoughts. As she sat her glass on the bar, the glint of her ring caught her eye. “I’m sorry. I can’t do this,” she said with a slight gesture towards her drink. Almost to reassure herself, she continued, “The drink…”

“Is only a drink.” he said as he placed his hand gently over hers.

She felt herself both relax and tense at the look and the touch he gave her. It was as if he could read her mind. She knew he knew what she was feeling and his words both calmed her, and caused something deep inside her to stir.

“So what do you do?” he asked again.

“Well,” she began. Being careful not to say anything that would let him discover her magical heritage, she told him about school and the research she had been doing. As she talked, she drifted from topic to topic, each capturing his attention.

He listened intently, asked the right questions at the right time, and Ginny could tell by the adoring looks that he was truly listening and interested in what she was saying. As she continued, she could feel herself becoming more relaxed.

“Wow!” he exclaimed, when he finally had a chance. “Beautiful and intelligent. That’s a right deadly combination you know.” he said with a wink. “You hungry? I know a little Italian bistro right down the street.”

Ginny hesitated. There was just something about him. He made her feel beautiful, intelligent, and respected, but she could not completely hide the uneasy feeling that what she was doing was not quite right.

Again, as if he could read her thoughts, he said, “It’s just dinner,” and then taking her by the hand, he led her from the lounge. “Besides, it’s my treat.”

They walked out into the chilly night air, and keeping a hold of his hand, she let him lead her down the busy sidewalk. After a few steps, she let go of his hand and wrapped her arms tightly around herself. He took this as his cue to wrap his arm around her shoulders. She did not resist as she felt herself burying closer into him.

As they walked, they laughed and talked as they shared stories about their likes, dislikes, things they thought were fun, and silently Ginny admitted to herself that she was having a good time. Thoughts of her soon to be husband were slipping unnoticed from her mind.

“Here we are.” He said as he reached out his hand and opened the door to the restaurant. She shivered slightly as she felt his other hand gently press against the small of her back to guide her through the door. “Have you ever been here before?”

She smiled at him and said, “Thanks.” She paused before answering his question. “No. I haven’t.” she said, which she knew was a lie. This was her favourite restaurant, and she and her future husband came here quite often.

They were quickly seated in a secluded spot. The bistro was nearly empty and even their hushed voices and laughs seemed to carry. After they ordered drinks, they continued to talk. Ginny had not even looked at the menu when their waiter came to take their order.

Ginny did not hear a word the waiter said as she studied the man sitting across from her. She knew from the way her hand felt in his that he was strong, yet gentle. His dark hair was slightly windblown from the walk. His eyes seemed to see right through her, and his face was sharp, yet caring.

She continued to ponder the man before her until she heard him say, “and for my lady, she’ll have the Tuscan Chicken and vinegar and oil on her salad.”

Ginny stared at him.

“What’s wrong? I hope you didn’t mind that I ordered for you.” he said in a concerned voice as he reached out for her hand.

“No. It’s no problem,” she said in a dazed voice. “It’s just that,” she paused, then furrowed her brow and asked, “How did you know?”

“Know what?” he asked.

“What I wanted to eat.” she replied.

“I, umm…” he started. “Lucky guess?” he finished with a shrug and a smile that made her visibly shiver.

There was not a silent moment during the meal. The conversation flowed, as did the red wine, and as they finished eating, their waiter came back and presented desert. Neither was hungry for more food, and finally as they waited for the ticket, they sat in satisfied silence. Ginny felt her face warm at the look of longing on his face.

He reached out his hand and beckoned for hers. Slowly she reached out and felt their fingers intertwine. Her heart was racing at the now familiar touch. “Thanks.” she said quietly, looking away from him.

“No worries. You’re a fantastic lady. I’m starting to understand just how luck your bloke really is.” He stood up, placed a card on the table, and slid it towards Ginny. “I’ll be right back.”

Ginny watched him walk away. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She could still smell him, see him, feel him. She sensed him returning, and when her eyes were open again, she saw him standing in front of her.

“I’m walking back to my hotel,” he said, gesturing towards the key card that was still sitting in front of her. “Would you care to join me?”

Something in his eyes told her that if she went, he wanted more than just conversation and she could no longer deny that maybe she did too.

She felt tears welling in her eyes. “Give me a minute ok?” she asked as she stood up and hurried towards the ladies room.

Once inside, she ran to the sink, filled her hands with cold water, and splashed it over her face. The icy sensation caused her breath to catch in her throat. She looked down at her ring and rolled it slowly around her finger. Her hands trembled, and she felt her chest tighten as she slid it off and held it in her open palm. She brought her hand to her mouth and as her tears started to fall, she gently kissed the ring, the symbol of the love she shared, and whispered, “I love you.”

After staring at herself in the mirror for what seemed like forever, her tears stopped. She dropped the ring in her purse, cooled her face again and walked back to the man who was waiting for her.

He stood as he watched her approach. She could see the look of concern on his face, but the look she gave him let him know that she did not want to talk. She reached down and picked up the key. She held it in her hand and reached out for his.

He went to take the key from her, and as he did, he said “It’s ok. I understand.”

She shook her head, and with the key still held in her hand, she placed his over it, and with laced fingers, she smiled as he led her out.

Ginny felt both excitement and dread as the lift doors closed, leaving them alone inside. She did not let go of his hand, nor did she move away. She just stood next to him trembling slightly, breathing quickly.

The doors opened revealing a long hallway. Ginny stood frozen, staring. With a gentle pull, he led her down the hall until they stopped in front of his room. Neither seemed to know what to do as they stood and sank into each other's eyes. Finally, he slid his hand from hers and they both watched as the key fell to the floor. Ginny bent down, picked it up, and handed it to him.

He opened the door and held his arm out as an invitation to her. She stepped through the door into the parlour room of a large suite. Walking over to the side table, she placed her purse gently on it and turned to look at him.

The door closed behind him. As he walked towards her, she saw his lips move slightly, and her eyes grew wide as she saw him subtly wave his hand right before the locks latched.

Without a word, he walked to the master bedroom of the suite, turned around, and called to her with his eyes. Unable to resist her desire, she felt completely vulnerable yet totally safe as she walked towards him.

The room was magnificent, and she could not help but think back to her past as the beautiful gold and red décor greeted her. Perfect, she thought to herself as she sat on the edge of the large canopy bed.

Her hands were quivering as she tried in vain to take off her knee length black boots. He came over and sat in front of her. Taking her small foot, he gently slid them off. She felt his fingertips glide softly up her legs, over her hips, and she shivered slightly as his hands ran up her sides and back down until finally coming to rest on her waist.

She felt herself falling slowly onto the bed. A sudden coolness overcame the room and she felt her body respond as he slid her shirt over her head and tenderly ran his fingers over her chest. She heaved slightly, and her skin grew hot as she felt his breath on her neck. He eased off her and began to unbutton his shirt.

She could see in his stare that he found her beautiful. That he wanted her. She closed her eyes, arched her back, and stretched her arms out above her head. She did not resist when she felt her skirt slide over her hips and onto the floor.

She shivered as she felt soft wet touches all over her body. At first, each was cold, but as quickly as she felt the chill, she felt herself warming inside. Slowly she opened her eyes, and the sight that greeted her was astonishing and beautiful. Snowflakes were falling from the canopy.

Looking around for him, she saw him lying next to her, captivated with an adoring smile on his face and a passion in his eyes that touched her soul. She returned his smile as the warming snow continued to fall on them.

She saw his glistening skin, reached out, and ran her hand down his chest. She felt his skin tighten at her touch, and she heard him sigh as he moved away from her. With closed eyes, he said in barely a whisper, “We can stop if you want.”

That simple statement of respect, knowing that she could stop, but would not, ignited a fire of passion in her. She did not want to stop. She wanted this. She needed this. She needed him. She captured his eyes with her own, and met his stare as she pulled him close. A fever shot through her as they explored their lust for each other.

After what could have been minutes or forever, she found herself laying next to him covered in sweat even though the room was still cold. Inching herself up onto her elbows, she pulled the covers over her and watched in silence the man sitting on the edge of the bed.

He crawled towards her and reached out his hand to draw her face towards him. Without closing his eyes, he leaned in to place his lips on hers, but she drew away.

“No.” she said as she shook her head slightly.

He understood and with his eyes cast down, he nodded.

“I have to go,” she said suddenly as she shot out of the bed. “He’s coming home tonight.”

“Yeah, me too. My fiancé’ll be waiting for me.”

They both dressed quickly. Ginny smiled to herself when she saw the smudge of lipstick on his collar. Without another spoken word, they left.

Ginny felt the gentle sway of the underground train. She sat alone in the car. Fitting she thought. Images of the night started to mingle with her thoughts of her soon to be husband, and before she realized it, she found herself at their door. She opened her purse to find the key to their flat when something caught her eye.

She placed the ring gently in her hand and stared at it. Her knees buckled under its weight. She clutched the ring tightly to chest as her back slid down the door. “I love you.” she said with a smile as she placed the ring back onto her finger.

Warmth greeted Ginny when she finally opened the door. She made her way to the bathroom where she stared at herself in the mirror for a while before filling the sink with cool water. As she dipped her hands in and ran the water over her face, she heard the familiar sound of her fiance apparating into the living room. Right on time, she thought as she dried her face and went out to greet him.

“Hey sweetie.” he said. His face was beaming and she felt the love that was reflected in his beautiful green eyes.

She ran and threw her arms around him and began to hungrily kiss his soft lips. “I love you Harry.” she said between kisses.

“I love you too.” he managed to say.

She did not let go of him, nor did he let go of her until they made it to the couch. Once there, she let herself fall over the arm. “I’m knackered!” she exclaimed with a mischievous grin as she noticed a smudge on his collar.

“Me too.” he said with the same grin she wore.

Lifting her legs into the air, she said with a giggle, “Can you help me out of these?”

He reached out and pulled off her long black boots. “Again?”
Reviews 22
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear