Search:

SIYE Time:14:15 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Dreams
By Pigwidgeon11

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 11
Summary: Nightmares are once more interrupting the sleep of sixteen-year-old Harry Potter and fifteen-year-old Ginny Weasley. Who do they turn to? Each other, of course.
Hitcount: Story Total: 4916



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
Here it is, my third fic! I am thinking about doing a sequel, but what do you think of this one? Yes, the characters and ideas are ALL jkr's. (lucky)




ChapterPrinter


Where was she? Where was Ginny?

Harry’s heart beat madly as he ran across the shadowed grounds. He couldn’t see…He couldn’t find her; he needed her…If anything had happened to her…. NO! Harry protested. Don’t think like that!

“Ginny? Ginny!” He was screaming now, shouting. He needed to find her….

“Harry…” It was her voice! Where was she? Something was holding him down, he couldn’t move… “Harry!”

Harry suddenly woke, breathing quickly and heavily, shaking, covered in sweat and with the sheets tangled around him.

Ginny, her long mane of hair falling next to her face, her brown eyes filled with concern, sat on the edge of his bed. Her small hand held his shoulder down with more force than he would have thought possible. “Are you all right, Harry?”

Swallowing, Harry nodded. He felt better now, now that she was near, now that he could smell the flowery scent that was Ginny. “Bad dream,” he panted.

“I know,” Ginny murmured softly, brushing some hair off his wet forehead. She handed him his glasses. “You were thrashing about, shouting my name. You just kept saying it again and again…I was passing by on my way back from the bathroom. I was…” She paused. “I was really scared that something had happened.”

Harry sat up, his breathing more regulated. “I… well, in the dream, I couldn’t find you, and I was….scared.”

“Will you be okay now?” she whispered, gently touching his arm as he stood, sweeping her nightgown around her.

Afraid to fall back asleep, he grabbed her wrist. Surprised, she turned, eyes wide with concern. “Don’t — don’t go,” he muttered. “Can you just- just stay for the night?”

Ginny smiled warmly at him. “Of course, Harry.” She kissed him lightly on the cheek. “Don’t worry, I’m not going anywhere. You can sleep now.” She lay down on the couch Mrs. Weasley had provided for Harry. “Goodnight, Harry.”

“Goodnight, Gin,” he whispered back, grinning into the darkness as he felt the warm spot on his cheek where she had kissed him.



“Harry? Harry, dear, breakfast.”

Mrs. Weasley woke Harry early the next morning. Smiling, she gave him a quick squeeze and opened his shades for him. “Sleep well, dear?”

“Not really.” At the concerned look on her face, he added quickly, “Bad dream.”

“Well, I’ll just nip downstairs, and–” Mrs. Weasley paused in the doorway, frowning at the couch. “What’s Ginevra doing here?”

Harry rushed to explain. “Ginny woke me up when I was having my nightmare, and I asked her to stay. I felt a bit safer, knowing she was there.”

Molly’s expression softened. “Ah, yes. She’s rather fond of you, Harry.”

Harry’s insides did a twist. The truth was, he was rather fond of Ginny as well. “She’s great, Mrs. Weasley. So confident, and…and sturdy, there all the time…I don’t know what you did to make her such a great person, but it worked.” He blushed slightly.

“Thank you, Harry dear.” Mrs. Weasley smiled at him, obviously pleased. “Breakfast is on, like I said. You don’t have to wake Ginny; she can come down later.” She smiled once more, then disappeared down the stairs.

“H-Harry?” yawned Ginny, sitting up slowly. “M-m-morning.”

“Thanks for spending the night, Gin,” Harry said, throwing off the covers and running a hand through his messy hair.

“Anytime, Potter.” There was a mischievous glint in her eyes. The softness of the night before had turned to her playful nature. “Did I hear something about breakfast? I’ll race you to the kitchen!”

Laughing, Ginny sped out of the room. Harry followed her, shouting, “That’s cheap, Weasley! You got a head start!”

But Harry was fast. Taking the stairs two at a time, he caught up with Ginny as she jumped the last three steps. He flung his arms around her to stop himself from falling, and they stumbled into the kitchen together, doubled up with laughter.

Seven Weasleys and one Granger turned to stare at them, and Harry realized at the same time as Ginny how they must look.

Harry, in only boxers and a loose shirt, had his arms around Ginny, who was garbed in Ballycastle Bats pajamas. They were both red from laughing so hard.

Harry reluctantly released Ginny, but sat down next to her at the table. “I beat you,” he whispered into her ear.

Ginny giggled. “Did not! I crossed the threshold first -- with you wrapped around me, I might add.”

“Let’s call it a tie,” Harry said as Mrs. Weasley placed a delicious stack of pancakes on his plate.

They missed the knowing look that passed between Molly and her husband. Mr. and Mrs. Weasley knew very well that Ginny and Harry would soon become more than just friends, and it was so good to hear them laugh again. The Weasley house had been so somber after the Ministry, and Sirius’s death.



Ron, Hermione, Harry, and Ginny had spent the day playing Quidditch in the backyard. Harry and Ginny, both extremely competitive, had to be split up to make the teams even (though Ron claimed this was because Harry kept shooting sly glances at his “little” sister).

As night fell once more over the Burrow, Harry walked up the stairs, yawning. Ginny had gone up half an hour before. He had just passed her door when, from within her room, he heard a moan.

“No, please…Why? I thought–” Ginny appeared to be having a nightmare. Odd, Harry thought as he opened the door, that the previous night he was the one having the nightmare, and Ginny was waking him up.

Ginny’s muttering was more insistent now, frightened, high-pitched. “No, not Harry! Please…. Harry! No!”

Frightened for her, Harry shook the red-haired girl. “Ginny,” he said urgently, as loud as he dared. “Gin!”

With a gasp, Ginny’s eyes flew open. She took one look at Harry, and buried her face in his shirt.

This feels nice, Harry reflected as he put his arms around her small form. “Are you OK, Gin?”

She pulled back slightly. Harry saw, in her eyes, the same frightened, upset little girl he had rescued from the Chamber four years ago. Tears were streaming steadily down her freckled face, and she sniffed loudly.

“Oh, Harry, I’m sorry. I was in the Chamber all over again. You must think I’m so weak--”

Harry put a finger to her lips, frowning. “I would never think you’re weak, Ginny Weasley,” he whispered, kissing her hair. He felt so close and compassionate. “You’re one of the strongest people I know. You’re also the only person I know who knows what I have to go through. You’ve met Riddle, too.”

Ginny buried her face in his shoulder again. In a muffled voice, she said, “Why is it always you, Harry? Why?”

Harry was silent, but a single tear slid down his right cheek and fell onto Ginny’s vivid hair. She looked up at him. “Let’s take a walk,” she whispered.

Her small hand clasped his tightly. She led him through the dark house, her beautiful hair flying behind her. Harry longed to take her in his arms again. Ginny led him out into Mrs. Weasley’s garden, where she sat him on a bench that overlooked a tiny pond.

Harry pulled her onto his lap, and hugged her. “It doesn’t seem fair, does it, Gin?” he mumbled into her hair. “That I have to put my friends in such danger, time and time again.”

Ginny gazed out at the pool of water, the moon reflected on it. “Any true friends of yours will stick by your side, no matter the danger.” Defiantly, she met Harry’s emerald eyes. “I know I’ll be by your side, in the final battle. I’ll be there.”

“Why?” Harry didn’t know why he asked, but he knew there was an answer. He just hoped it was the one he wanted. “Why do you always stick by me, Gin?”

Tears leaked slowly out of her eyes. She didn’t meet his eyes now. “Because I never got over you,” she whispered shortly. “Because I still love you, and I always will.”

Harry’s heart skipped several beats. Ginny still loved him? He still stood a chance? He peered down at Ginny, so small and pale, as she gazed out at the pond, trembling. She had just spilled her heart to him.

“Well, Ginny,” he said, feeling bold. “You had better not be planning on getting over me anytime soon.” She looked up at him in surprise, her mouth forming a little “o.” And, feeling happier than he had in a long time, Harry kissed her.


********************************** **********************


As Harry gently pulled back, eyes full of hope, begging for acceptance, Ginny felt lightheaded. Harry Potter had kissed her. She slipped her arms carefully around his neck, leaning her head against his shoulder and gazing up at him.

“I love you, Ginny.” Harry leaned his head on hers, holding her tight. “And I’ll never let you go.”

With that, Ginny burst into tears.


**************************** ****************************


Molly Weasley crept down to the kitchen to get a cup of tea as the sun rose. Stifling a yawn, she tiptoed through the living room, then paused at the door. She smiled.

Two teenagers — a certain raven-haired boy and thin red-headed girl — slept peacefully on the couch, safe in each other’s arms. Molly had known that they needed each other, and they had finally realized it too.

“Sleep on, Harry. You deserve the rest. Watch over my Ginny.” Molly thought back to what she had said the previous morning. “She’s rather fond of you, Harry. Take care of her.”


A/N: I'm taking a random poll: which of my stories are you most anticipating the sequel for? This will help me in deciding which chapter to write next. (This story is included, though I don't have many ideas for a sequel yet. It was meant to be one-shot but so many people asked for sequels I just can't refuse!) OK, I swear this is my last note: does anyone want to beta-read for me? I think I had someone beta for me once, but it kind of fell apart. Can't hurt, right? Thank you for bearing with me through my impossible Author's notes.
Reviews 11
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear