Search:

SIYE Time:14:25 on 18th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Chances Are
By pankie001

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Other, Ron Weasley
Genres: Angst, Drama
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 6
Summary: It is Ginny and Dean's heated argument after Harry had been knocked out by Mclaggen. What did an occasional mishievous Hermione's really up to, to match make her sister she never had and her best friend who's been acting strangely and finally might be feeling something special for the certain girl that's always been around for the longest time. An HBP missing moment.
Hitcount: Story Total: 5718





Author's Notes:
I'm not JK Rowling for I cannot be as awesome author as she is. But here I am again sharing some of my visions with the green-eyed and red-haired couple I fell in love with.




ChapterPrinter


"When will you ever stop doing that?" Ginny Weasley snapped as she pulled her arm fiercely from Dean Thomas' tight hold on her elbow upon climbing the portrait hole.

"Stop doing what?" Dean's eyebrows furrowed, wondering what his girlfriend really meant.

Ginny faced him with both her hands on the waist, very Mrs. Weasley, very her mother. "Oh, come on, Dean, are you that thick like any other people I know? This, this is what I meant! You are always assisting me with whatever I'm doing! I am not as weak and helpless as you thought I am just because I'm a girl! I-am-a-Weasley!"

"Gin, what's wrong?" Dean advanced to hold her hand but Ginny just step backwards and hide her hands on her back in an instinct.

"And stop calling me Gin!" she said, a little louder this time.

"What is the problem calling you that? Hermione has been..." he asked.

"She's my best friend!" she replied without bothering to lower her voice.

"Yeah, right, and I'm just your boyfriend! Ginny, what happened, huh? You've always been like this since...since ever. One minute you're all right, the next minute you're not! I'm trying my hardest to be the perfect one for you. Tell me what on earth is the problem!?" Dean finally gained the courage to pop the question he was dying to know, but nervously waiting for her response.

"You, you are the problem! What the bloody hell have you done back there? Making fun of someone who's been badly hurt? Harry was injured with a cracked skull! But you don't care, right? All you cared about is laughing when nothing is to laugh about!" Ginny said her loudest.

"So you're mad at me for laughing after Harry was knocked out? What's up with...?" He didn't have the chance to finish off his sentence because Ginny intruded.

"I'm sick and tired of this. I'm sick and tired of you and being with you!" she shouted her lungs out causing the people in the common room to have a feast in their eyes.

"You're hurting me, Ginny!" Dean said clearly stung with what she uttered.

"You have hurt Harry! If you do have an idea of being in pain, you wouldn't do that!" She said, stressing every word she wanted to slap on Dean's face. "You know what, I regret everything I've done since the very second I agreed to go out with you! I'm going to bed and don't you dare follow me!" Ginny strides as fast as she can with her Quidditch robes flying behind her.

"Another row?" Seamus Finnigan accompanied his best friend.

"What else is new?"



At the 6th year girls' dormitory, Ginny knocked on the door softly. "Come in!" A voice which is vaguely familiar called.

"Mione?" Ginny said as she peeked into the small opening.

"Gin! Come in, come in!" Hermione Granger said looking her eyes up before putting her enormous book she's reading down to stand up and meet Ginny.

"Can we talk?" Ginny examined her surrounding and saw Hermione's dorm mates' ogling eyes. "I mean, in private, I hope? But never in the common room, please, the prat is there!"

Hermione nodded, picked up her robes and scarf then went with Ginny outside the dormitory. "An argument again?" She smiled at her best friend thoughtfully.

"Something I'm very fond of." Ginny answered with sarcasm. Reaching the common room, they began to cross when Dean saw them going out of the Gryffindor tower. But before he can protest, Ginny said in a wide-eye, "dont ask!"



"What is it this time, Ginny? Your look is murderous, honestly." Hermione asked while they walked silently in the abandoned corridor.

"Mione, tell me, did you find it amusing seeing somebody hurt?" Ginny abruptly stopped on her heels to face Hermione and ask.

Hermione paused for a while, analyzing her words. "Does Dean find Harry being hurt amusing?"

"Exactly! My point is, he should have shown a little concern because they've been friends and dorm mates for ages. But what did he do? Laugh!" Ginny is now as red as her hair, rage rushing into her again.

"Let me get this straight, Gin. You and Dean argued because and about Harry? Are you still in love with him?" Hermione's suspicions are growing, but pleased in the same manner.

Ginny let out a deep sad sigh, forced to admit the truth. "You know that I will never get tired of feeling this way for Harry. Until now, I'm wondering what's got into me when I entertained the idea of being with Dean. Maybe because, he's... nice and... caring and..." She looked at Hermione, on the verge of tears.

"And what?" Asked Hermione, pulling Ginny by the arm on the nearest bench along the corridor.

Ginny's eyes strolled back and forth in the buckles of her Quidditch boots, unable to meet Hermione's intense gaze. "I'm feeling so much pain ever since our Yule Ball. Every time I saw him staring at Cho Chang as if I can felt his secret wish of his arms wrapped around her, dancing. Then I met Michael before we have a talk about moving on with life. I thought you have your point made it clear. I realized right then, it was the proper timing. Having Harry's heart is very far from a possibility and I should face and accept that fact. I just can't. My heart was still stabbed with knife that caused me the wounds and bled profusely when they started going out on my fourth year. It is completely difficult to go on without Harry." When she tilted her head up, tears are streaming from her chocolate brown eyes. "But Dean came into my life. He's the boyfriend any girl could ask for. It's just... I felt there is something that is not in its right place between the two of us. We cannot fuse together because my feelings are wandering somewhere on someone, that in this moment, still holding my heart and soul."

Hermione placed her arm around Ginny's shoulders to comfort her. "So, it's really never your intention to become serious in any of your relationships?"

Ginny nodded, weeping harder than ever. "But don't get me wrong. I never intended to become unfair to them and to myself either. I have always been wearing a mask all this time. In my face, my mind, my soul and my heart."

"Gin, when I asked you to go out and move on with your life, doesn't necessarily mean you have to forget Harry because I know you're not capable of doing and feeling so. It's just giving you both the enough space and time you needed to realize each other's worth." Hermione said, wiping Ginny's tears away.

"How can he do that when I'm nothing compared to Cho? I'm just the pale red-haired freckled Ron's little sister in his eyes!" Ginny argued.

"I don't know that a certain Ginny Weasley has her insecurities still. The one who can defeat Cho Chang for the Quidditch Cup in the previous year and even in providing the perfect name for the Dumbledore's Army. Being noboby is out of the question because you are everything Harry needed in his life that either Ron or I cannot. You are the only one that best defines his whole being. Please, Gin, do not lose hope. Especially not this time. Help him and yourself to be with the one you are destined," Hermione talked back rather fiercely.

"Now, you can't put the blame on me for wanting you more than anyone else to be my sister-in-law." Ginny stared at Hermione's eyes with a smile straining from her lips.

"What's that supposed to mean, Ginevra?" Hermione turned her gaze away from Ginny and felt herself colored in blush, releasing her arm on the shoulders of the younger but as sharp as she is girl.

"Well, Hermione Jane Granger, I don't have any idea that being in love with my git brother who's the thickest in the world, will make you as thick as him yourself." Ginny smiled beautifully, the first time she did in a while. "I've been keeping an eye on you and Ron for long that sometimes you two annoyed me for still denying to yourselves the feelings you have for each other."

"Gin, look, one thing I learned in my relationship with your brother is not to expect too much. I know where I should stand in spite of feeling this stupid feelings." Hermione said sadly, playing with the hem of her robes.

"Ron and I didn't always meet eye to eye. But he is still my brother. We grew up together that's why I'm positive with every part of him. He's been into you, or, let me put it this way, he's hopelessly in love with you for decades. You are asking me not to give up hope, I'm also asking you to do the same." Ginny said suddenly wearing a serious expression while holding a hand of Hermione's.

"All right, let's have a deal instead. After this night, we will try with all our might to have the happiness we both deserved." Hermione said returning Ginny's grip.

"At least you have a little consolation. But me, maybe it was my fate written in the stars to grow old together with my wasted dream." Ginny hugged Hermione, thankful in silence for her presence in her life.

Ginny sighed a deep one again, but this time, a contended sigh. She examined her wrist watch, half-past nine. "It's getting a bit late. Maybe we should head on our dormitory to start up with our home works and my OWLs revisions. I'd better begin to prepare as early as possible. Properly trained by Prefect Granger." She smiled as they both stood up to go back in their tower.

"You missed dinner, you haven't done your school things yet, and you're still in your Quidditch robes, I presume you have already gone to the Hospiatl Wing to visit him?" Hermione asked with a teasing voice to match Ginny's.

Her turn to blush furiously in red, Ginny beamed bashfully. "I won't deny, don't worry. I stayed there for a couple of hours after the game and the team retreated to change. But someone beside Harry's bed intruded in our one-of-a-kind special moment, Ron woke up." Hermione can't help but laugh.

"I checked on Ron's current condition, talked to him and found out they can be released on Monday morning, then I left. Harry's still in slumber, he needs much rest in the first place. After that, I saw Dean coming out from the Great Hall, finished with his dinner and demanded where have I been. Then the rest is history." They looked at each other, giggled at the same beat.

Girls. As Ron didn't fail to remind them, they can chat endlessly. Yes, girls sharing a special bond of connection designed by the universe conspiracy, a source of comfort to one another, a foundation they needed after each and after every fall.

"Don't prolong your agony. Tell him the truth and it will liberate both of you." Hermione said, very much an older-sisterly, scheming on the side.

"I will do as you told me. But I will try to do it as gently as I can." Ginny gave Hermione a brief embrace of thanks. "I can't thank you enough for being the sister I never had."

"It's beyond words how much grateful I am too." Hermione returned the hold sympathetically.

They pulled apart and waved to say good bye, leaving Hermione in deep analysis and realization. Correct, they shouldn't lose hope. Giving up should be the last thing they must do in their list. Chances are, fate and destiny will work in its own to bring them all together where they are truly belonged. Love is the most powerful magic, and maybe, every journey will lead its way towards each other. Maybe, it was my fate written in the stars to grow old together with my wasted dream. Ginny's words resound again in her head. Ginny, if you just only knew, your waiting may not be a wasted dream after all.

Reviews 6
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear