Search:

SIYE Time:14:12 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter, The Boy Who Lived
By Khrys

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Albus Dumbledore, Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Luna Lovegood, Minerva McGonagall, Neville Longbottom, Nymphadora Tonks, Remus Lupin, Ron Weasley
Genres: General
Warnings: Death, Sexual Situations, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 28
Summary: This is my version of Book Seven. It picks up where Book Six left off, and follows Harry and his friends through their trials and tribulations. Everyone know that Harry has to defeat Voldemort, but does he have to do it alone, without love? All of your favorite characters are here. This story follows canon closely. H/G, R/Hr, and other pairings are included.
Hitcount: Story Total: 86756; Chapter Total: 4734





Author's Notes:
Author's Note: J.K. Rowling is responsible for the increible creation of the Harry Potter Universe. Everything Harry is hers alone.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter Four: Home Sweet Home


The Ministry car pulled up to the curb in front of #4 Privet Drive. It sat at the curb, idling for a long moment. No one emerged from the rear of the car. Had anyone been looking, they might have wondered if it was someone of great importance that rode in the rear seat of the limousine.

Tonks and Lupin got out of the front seat in their Muggle tuxedos. Tonks immediately went to the trunk and pulled her wand out discretely. Her hand movements were unnoticeable as she transfigured the luggage, one piece at a time. After emerging from the front of the car, Lupin opened the rear door and offered his hand to Ginny to help her out. After exiting the car, Tonks handed her a black beaded handbag and then returned to the trunk. Remus then offered his hand to Hermione. She allowed herself to be helped from the back seat of the car and accepted the cream-colored leather handbag that Tonks offered her. Remus and Tonks both stepped aside and headed to the trunk of the car as Ron and Harry exited from the rear door. Tonks handed Ron his black leather briefcase, while Professor Lupin handed Harry his black leather knapsack.

The four teenagers and their escorts proceeded up the walkway to the front door. Harry was prepared for a confrontational Uncle Vernon. He knew that no matter how upset Uncle Vernon was, it was nothing compared to Mrs. Weasley's wrath. Tonks, Professor Lupin and Professor McGonagall had all gone to talk to her the day of Dumbledore's funeral.

"Molly, the children need to be together. Ron and Ginny must satisfy their need to protect Harry. He is Ron's best friend and Ginny's boyfriend,¨ Minerva said as she tried to explain her acceptance of the situation.

"Absolutely not,¨ Molly said firmly, "I will not be persuaded that easily to let my precious ones leave my side and be put into the direct path of danger."

"Molly, they have chosen a path that many of us cannot understand,¨ he said confidently. "We might not understand it, but it is their choice to make. We are facing the possible end of our world. The path that they have chosen is dark and dangerous, but they are brave."

"You don't understand what it feels like,¨ Molly wailed at Remus. "I will not allow them to traipse off on some foolhardy mission that they won't return from.¨ She was unflinching in her demand that her children be returned to her immediately.

In the end, after much arguing, it was Tonks who put it into perspective for Molly. She explained it in a way that Molly couldn't fight. There was no argument that she could make that would justify keeping her children, Molly thought.

"Molly. Listen to me carefully. Harry needs them. He needs all of them. They are his life and his love. Without them he cannot defeat Voldemort.¨ Tonks was on a roll as she continued to grow louder. "HE WILL NOT DEFEAT HIM,¨ she shouted. There is nothing that he wouldn't do for them,¨ she continued in a softer voice. "Everything that he is undertaking is to provide a world in which they can live happily and safely. A world that we all can live in without fearing for our lives, without fearing for our children's lives.¨

Molly was silent as she pondered what Tonks had told her. She looked at Tonks and remembered the despair she felt when Remus has refused her. Tonks wanted a world in which their love could bloom. She wanted a world in which any love could bloom. With Voldemort still alive, that was not possible. With Voldemort still alive, no one was safe. With tears in her eyes, she nodded her assent.

"Take them where you will,¨ she told them, "just return them to me safely.¨

"They will be returning to The Burrow after two weeks at Privet Drive. They will be back in time for the wedding. They are looking forward to it, I believe we all are.¨ Minerva hugged Molly stiffly and prepared to take her leave, Tonks also stepped back.

"We all care for them,¨ Remus reminded her, "We love them as our own.¨ Smiling carefully, he needed to add one more thing. "I swear I will keep them safe, Molly.¨ He whispered the last part so that only she could hear.


Tonks had told him that Mrs. Weasley had agreed to allow Ron and Ginny to accompany him to Privet Drive. I wonder how she did it, he thought. Then he noticed that the curtains were swinging back into place. He reached out to knock on the front door. His hand had barely made contact with the painted wood when they all heard a thundering sound.

The engine of Vernon Dursley's car roared to life and echoed in the garage of #4 Privet Drive. The immense noise comforted him, and as the sound died down a bit, he revved the engine to the max. The sound threatened to overpower the small enclosure. He jammed the car into reverse. As Harry and his entourage stared in disbelief, Vernon reversed out onto the Drive with a savage nod of his head.

Harry just barely caught a glimpse of Dudley’s head in the rear seat of the car. The car sped away, as if trying to outrun Voldemort himself. That's ridiculous, Harry thought, he doesn’t believe that Tom has any influence over his life. Uncle Vernon would always believe that he retained absolute power and control over his and his family's lives.

Remus stepped up, moving Harry's arm out of the way, and knocked on the smooth surface of the front door. Aunt Petunia immediately opened the door and Harry knew that she had been the one peering out the curtains at their arrival. She stepped aside silently and allowed them to enter her home.

Once they were all inside the entryway, Remus pull his wand from the inside pocket of his robes and transfigured everyone back. Petunia was visibly offended by Tonks' violet hair.

She bit her lip to avoid saying anything to the woman with the atrocious hair. Why Harry always had to bring an entourage of odd people with him she would never know, she thought viciously. What would the neighbors say about her family after they saw that awful woman leaving her house?

“Aunt Petunia,” Harry began slowly and deliberately. “Tonks and Professor Lupin will Apparate back to Headquarters. You don’t need to worry about anyone seeing them leave.” Petunia sniffed loudly with disapproval of the idea of anyone Apparating in her house. Whatever it was called, it sounded messy and she didn't want it happening in her spotless house. She hoped that everyone understood that she would not tolerate the nonsense that had practically destroyed her life. Suddenly, she felt the strange urge to hug Harry. He was practically all she had left. She had lost her parents and her only sister to the ridiculousness of magic. Who knows when, or if, Vernon will return, she thought.

Ginny sensed the attitude change in Harry’s Aunt and made a quick exit from the tense situation. Ron grabbed Harry’s knapsack, as well as his own, and the three made their way up the stairs to Harry’s bedroom. Professor Lupin and Tonks also looked distinctly uncomfortable. Tonks merely wandered off, while Professor Lupin took the time to excuse himself.

“I am afraid that I must ask you to excuse us for a moment. Tonks and I need to check on some of the security measures that Professor Dumbledore placed the last time he was here.” He took the opportunity to leave to add the last bit of protection to the house. While the protection from Harry’s Mom remained, Tonks and Professor Lupin were adding a few new safety measures. While the protection from Order was strong, it was only effective inside the house. Intruders would be able to access the grounds around the house, but would be incapacitated upon entering the residence.

Harry was now alone with his Aunt. He had been worried that she would be angry, but she looked more nervous. He was lost in his thoughts, pondering what was troubling her, when she spoke.

“Vernon left me,” she said, quite sadly. “He took Dudley and he said that he won’t return until I promise to cease all contact with you. That is, if he ever decides to return.”

“What?” Harry asked, amazed at his Uncle’s nerve. “Why? Didn’t you tell him that I would only be here for two weeks and that you are rid of me for good after that? If he’s really lucky, I might snuff it in this awful war.”

“No, Harry,” she said firmly. “That’s why he left. I told him that you would always be welcome here, whenever you wished to return. I also told him that we were more protected with you around. He refuses to believe in your capabilities. He just doesn’t understand the wizarding world.”

Harry was floored. He took a few steps into the living room and sank down on to the sofa. He stared at the yellow centers on the white flowers dotting the pale blue fabric. He felt as small as one of those tiny flowers. He wished he could tell his Aunt everything he was feeling. She had stood up for him, he thought, without a threat from Dumbledore. The emotions were tearing through him and he was forced to press his lips together tightly. If he opened his mouth, he might not be able to stop all of his secrets from pouring out. He looked up at his Aunt, his eyes full of tears, and tried not to babble incoherently.

“I know that you don’t approve of my world,” he talked quickly. “I never wanted to drag my family and friends into my fate. I just want you to know that I will do everything I can to protect you.” He ended quite suddenly and sat in silence waiting for her approval.

Petunia looked at Harry; his eyes swollen and cheeks flushed, and she regretted letting Vernon bully her into treating him so poorly. Vernon had been the one to hate everything to do with magic, she thought. He had nearly destroyed the little that was left of her true family.

“Harry, I need to tell you something,” she said cautiously, uncertain how to break the news.

Harry heard them on the stairs, chatting loudly, before he saw them round the corner. Remus and Tonks appeared a short minute later, smiling and quieting their booming conversation as the approached Harry. He knew that they had been giving him a fair warning that they were returning. He smiled wanly at them and tried to reign in his emotions. While he was grateful to see them, he was also a bit peeved that they had interrupted his Aunt’s confession. Now all he could think about was what she had been prepared to say.

“Wotcher, Harry,” Tonks said gaily.

“We will be leaving shortly,” said Lupin. “We needed to discuss a few things with you before we go. Might we have a moment alone?” He turned to Petunia after he finished his last sentence.

“Certainly,” she replied, “I will be in the kitchen fixing supper.”

“Thank you, Petunia,” Remus said, acknowledging her unspoken acceptance of her status.

Petunia left the room quickly. She was disappointed that they did not trust her with Harry’s welfare any longer. She was also relieved that she had been granted a short reprieve from sharing her secret.

Remus waited until she had walked into the kitchen and then he turned to Harry, waiting expectantly. Harry was nervous at Professor Lupin’s request to use magic. He still wasn’t sure that the Ministry wouldn’t be able to tap into his use of magic. Despite what Dumbledore told him, he was still sixteen and technically underage. Dumbledore had explained that the Ministry would now consider them of age, as if they were married. The great part was that there would be no record of their bond in the Ministry, and they would be free to perform magic.

Without alerting Tonks, who had no idea what was about to happen, his hand found his wand in his pocket and prepared to cast a spell. He pulled the wand from his pocket and made a stabbing motion toward the door to the kitchen.

“Muffliato,” Harry said confidently. He had been using the spell since he found it in the Prince’s book.

Tonks gasped as her face registered shock and her hair turned a brilliant shade of lime green. Where would Harry have learned such powerful magic, she thought. He was using it casually, like an everyday household spell, as if he had used it many times before. She was shocked that Harry was comfortable using a spell that was created by dark wizards. She wondered if he even knew that it was dark magic. Maybe he does know it is dark magic, she thought, and he likes using it. She was instantly mortified at the thought. The idea of the Boy Who Lived embracing dark magic was ridiculous, she admonished herself. Remus just smiled and complimented Harry on both amazing and embarrassing a fully trained Auror.

“Harry,” Lupin began, “we have protected this house as best we can.”

“The protections Dumbledore placed on this house are still in place, right?” Harry asked.

“Your blood bond is still in place, yes. None of the other charms will be effective, since Dumbledore is no longer here. That is why we had to add some of our own creation.” Lupin fidgeted nervously and smiled sadly.

“Why do we need any more protection than the blood bond?” Harry asked rather thickly. Hermione would have understood without further explanation, he thought, but he was lost.

“Your mother’s protection only extends to you and your Aunt,” Lupin said gently. “Hermione, Ron and Ginny would be left unprotected.”

Harry understood at once. He started to tell Professor Lupin that he was wrong, dead wrong. Not only were he and his friends protected while they were together, but he was positive that his bond now extended to protect them as well. When the realization hit him, it was as if Ron had hurled one of Hagrid’s rock cakes straight at his head. It would be hard to keep a secret from his favorite Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. No one in the Order but Professor McGonagall knew about their bond yet. Then something even more disturbing occurred to him. It had to stay that way. No one could know about their bond. He tried to keep the concern out of his voice so as not to betray his thoughts.

“I guess I didn’t consider that,” Harry said clearly.

Tonks had returned her hair to its normal bubble gum pink color and short length. Then Harry noticed her scrunching her face up in concentration, or maybe she had noticed something in his eyes. He hoped desperately that he had not given anything away with his statement. The last thing he needed was for someone to notice that something was amiss. His worry dissolved as he glanced at Tonks once more.

Her hair had grown to floor length and turned the same silvery blonde color as Fleur’s. She had transformed her face into what many considered to be a ‘classic’ beauty. The color of her eyes were a brilliant blue, deeper than the oceans, and brighter than the brightest fairy light. Her lips were ruby red and their fullness could enchant any man. Then, Harry’s eyes left her face and he noticed what Professor Lupin was already staring at.

Harry was not sure which of them was more shocked. Harry was the same color of scarlet as the feathers in his Phoenix form. Professor Lupin could have caught a Quaffle in his open mouth.

Tonks stood before them with nothing but her hair to cover her body.

“Maybe I should conjure a horse too?” she asked innocently.

Harry was pretty sure that Professor Lupin had managed to swallow his tongue. He had only heard a strangled croak escape his professor’s mouth since Tonks had morphed.

“Well, I think I have sufficiently proved my point. Everyone, even the great Mooney, is capable of being shocked and embarrassed,” Tonks said coyly as she morphed back into her normal appearance. She nodded knowingly at Harry before saying her goodbye and disappearing with a ‘pop’.

Professor Lupin still had not recovered from his loss of verbal skills when Tonks left. It took him several fierce shakes of his head to be able to close his mouth. Harry grinned and chuckled to himself. Professor Lupin might have finally gotten a view of the bigger picture, he thought.

“It has always got to be extreme with that one,” Lupin finally managed to croak.

“Professor,” Harry replied as he tried not to smirk, “you might want to consider conjuring that horse yourself.”

Professor Lupin refused to meet Harry’s eyes as he told him to bid everyone farewell for him. He told Harry that a Ministry wizard would be arriving for the car. They will be able to Apparate directly into the front seat of the car, and return the car to the Ministry. We will be back in two weeks time, at eight in the evening to collect you,” he said. “As for your pets, we will be sending them to the Burrow today. It will be easier for everyone that way.”

Professor Lupin turned serious as he asked Harry if he understood the protections that they had placed on the house.

“They are only strong enough to protect the interior of the house,” he said. “They will not be able to stop people from Apparating onto the lawn. Nor will they be able to stop people from trying to curse you through an open window. At the risk of sounding like Alastor, I want to pass on a piece of advice. CONSTANT VIGILENCE!” He ruffled Harry’s hair, smiled at him encouragingly and left.

Harry thought about his friends waiting for him upstairs. Then he thought about his Aunt, alone in the kitchen with her secret. He made up his mind and walked toward the kitchen to confront her.

He entered the kitchen and stopped in the doorway. He saw his Aunt standing over the kitchen sink. He could hear her muffled sobs. He had seen Mrs. Weasley in this position before and he knew he shouldn’t interrupt her grief.

She turned from the sink suddenly and noticed that Harry was standing in the doorway. He knew that his chance to retreat was gone. It would be a fair bit of time before he would be able to see his friends. The thought of the impending conversation made him wary. He was expecting her to blame him for Vernon and Dudley’s departure.

Instead of saying anything, Petunia picked up a small cardboard box. The box, like many other things in the Dursley house, was covered with small pastel flowers. She held the box reverently. She crossed the room slowly, dreading Harry’s reaction to the contents. Taking her time, she handed him the box, her hands shaking badly with nerves. She indicated that he should not open the box yet and then finally spoke.

“Harry, I know that you don’t have any reason to care about my family. We showed you no courtesy or love. We haven’t shown any respect for you or your world. We simply acted as though it didn’t exist. We couldn’t care about something that didn’t exist. Unfortunately, that also meant that we couldn’t care about you. I couldn’t care about you. I hope that some day you will understand that I have always loved you. I am proud to say that you are a member of my family. I think that the items in this box will bring you some solace. I hope that they will also bring you comfort and motivation to help you in your time of need. You should take it somewhere and open it when you are prepared.”

Her speech left him with a hollow feeling in his chest. He didn’t know what to expect from the pastel pink box that appeared harmless. It’s probably anything but harmless, he thought grimly. He nodded to his Aunt and left the kitchen numbly.

The door to his old room was closed, he noticed, as he ascended the last few steps. He stood on the landing outside the door for an eternity listening to the muffled sounds of laughter through the thin door. He raised his hand to open the door and join his friends. As his fingers touched the knob, he sighed softly and disappeared.

He had always found peace under the hedge outside of the Dursley’s living room window. He had stayed there for hours in an attempt to escape the heat and their cruelty. Now he was back under the hedge. This time, it was an attempt to escape the new feelings of respect and love.

He was hunched over the box, prepared to protect it from any force of dark magic. His body visibly shuddered as he opened the lid of the box. Once he saw the contents of the box, his body relaxed when he realized it did not contain photos to haunt his dreams.

There were parchment envelopes, multitudes of them, all bearing his name. He thumbed through them quickly. He noticed that his name was written in ink that was every color of the rainbow. There was even an envelope that flashed each letter in a different color. That envelope reminded him of Hermione. He fondly remembered the time she had bewitched the drawing of the lion at his Quidditch match. The handwriting on each of the envelopes was unique. Some of the writing looked familiar, and some looked like a child had written them.

Taking a deep breath, he reached into the box. He reached to the bottom of the box and removed all of the envelopes. He piled them neatly in front of him in the dirt. He had intended to put them back into the box after reading them, but to his great surprise it was still full. He reached into the box again and emptied it, creating a second pile in the dusty area next to the first. He concluded that the box was a powerful magic object when he removed the seventh and final pile from the box.

After all of the letters were removed from the box, a piece of parchment floated to the ground at his knees. The words glowed brightly on the parchment. He picked it up with his right hand, while setting the box down with his left. He read the parchment carefully several times.

Instructions for use of a

Memorable Moments Montage

Property of Mr. Harry James Potter

Now that you have removed all of your envelopes from the container all of your magical moments are available for you to enjoy.

Step 1. Choose an envelope.
Step 2. Open the flap and remove the parchment.
Step 3. Read the enclosed note.
Step 4. Upon completion of said note, prepare for the experience of a lifetime.
Step 5. Repeat as desired.


He surveyed the piles that surrounded him and chose the one with his name in green script. He chose the envelope because it reminded him of his Hogwarts letters. He opened the letter and slowly read the parchment. There wasn’t much to read it was a short and simple note.

Harry,

Your mother once helped me get over the loss of my best friend, my pet owl. She comforted me and performed her best cheering charm. I will never forget her kindness.

Very Truly Yours,

Tom


He read the signature and it was as if he had fallen into Dumbledore’s Pensieve. He found himself in someone else’s memory. He was standing a few feet away and staring at a wizard who was wearing a robe the same color as the script on the envelope. He took a deep breath, turned his head to the left, and saw his Mom. He watched the memory unfold as he watched his Mom comfort the wizard he knew to be Tom, the bartender from the Leaky Cauldron. He watched as they became engaged in a deep conversation. Tom was still shaking and sobbing when Lilly pulled out her wand. After a short flash of light, Tom stopped sobbing. Lilly continued to comfort him and chat with him until he was smiling.

Harry found himself back under the hedge and decided to open another envelope. He chose one with messy pink writing. He opened it and read the note, which was a bit longer than Tom’s.

Wotcher Harry,

When I was younger, my family didn’t have a whole lot of money. Mom didn’t see much of the family fortune after marrying a Muggle.

More than anything I wanted to play Quidditch, but we couldn’t afford a decent broom. Who am I kidding, we couldn’t afford a broom at all. When I got to Hogwarts, I flew on the school brooms. They weren’t perfect, but they were reliable enough to learn on, right?

The summer between my second and third year, your Dad offered to host a summer camp for the younger kids. He took the summer off from his job and came to Hogwarts to train us like we were a real team. He even got Madam Malkin’s to sponsor us, so we got real brooms to fly on.

James helped me get over my self-consciousness while I was flying. He treated me like a normal witch, even though my hair would change colors every time I made a mistake during a game. He never let me quit. James was the one who taught me that the world is just one big Quidditch match. He gave me the support I needed to be confident with myself. He helped me see that I could conquer the world, if I wanted to.

I will never forget how James treated me like an equal. He treated everyone like an equal.

Bye,

Tonks


Harry snickered aloud at the idea of the changing hair color. He closed his eyes, prepared for the new memory. He saw his Dad on the Quidditch Pitch at Hogwarts. He saw about fifty kids crowded around him, each vying for his attention. He took his time and explained things patiently. He smiled at each and every one of the kids. He went to each one individually and showed them the proper way to hold a broom. Within a few minutes, he had them all hovering a few feet off the ground. Then he saw a young girl, with bright pink hair, streak off into the sky. He watched as his Dad hopped onto his own broom and flew after her. He pulled her onto his broom and brought her back down to safety. By the time she had returned to the ground, her hair was lime green. Harry smiled at the younger version of Tonks, looking at his Dad like he was better than the most famous Quidditch player in the history of the game.

Having returned from that memory, Harry couldn’t help but pick up another envelope. This one had tidy letters printed in yellow ink.

To my favorite Godson,

Please accept my memory of your parents. I can’t begin to tell you what they meant to me. They gave me all the love that they had to give. Their trust in me gave me the hope and courage to persevere. Just remember that I will always be your Godfather.

Much love,

Sirius


Harry’s eyes clouded over with tears as the memory began. He saw his parents in their finest robes. Sirius and Professor Lupin were standing next to his Dad. Aunt Petunia was standing next to his Mom. He watched the ceremony from beginning to end. He wondered if that was what Bill and Fleur’s wedding would be like in a couple of weeks. He watched as they laughed and danced as the afternoon became night. His Dad conjured millions of fairly lights to illuminate the dancing area. The festivities went long into the night. Every now and again someone would interrupt the partying to say something about the bride and groom. Sirius waited until last and it had died down to make his dedication. He told Lilly and James that they had true love. True love never dies, thought Harry as he was pulled back into the reality of the dirt he was crouched in.

He was somewhat reluctant to open another envelope, but it didn’t take curiosity long to override his sadness. He chose one with loopy blue writing that seemed to dance across the envelope. He smiled as he read the note.

Harry,

Even while they were still in school, your parent’s connection amazed me. I thought I would never see one that strong again. Then I saw you with your friends at the Ministry, and I knew I had found another true connection. I know that you will be able to accomplish greatness together. May you and your friends live as happily as your parents did.

Remus Lupin


Harry was amazed at the memory that began with a bang. He watched as James pulled another student out of the way as the cauldron exploded with the force of a Muggle bomb. While he was protecting his fellow Gryffindor, Lilly was containing and vanishing the resulting mess. Within minutes, they had cleared the classroom and calmed down their fellow students. James comforted those who were terrified, while Lilly held a particularly emotional young witch.

There was no verbal communication between his parents, just an unspoken understanding. We can have that, thought Harry. Ginny and I already can do it a bit and soon Hermione and Ron will be able to also. He was back, crouched in his dusty hiding place, before he realized that the memory was over.

Do I dare open one more, he thought. Harry thought of Ron, Ginny, and Hermione upstairs waiting for him. He had to open just one more; he wasn’t quite ready to give up his parents. The last one he was going to chose had violet writing. It was neat and precise. He chose it because it reminded him of the parchment he had read with the address for the Order of the Phoenix. He was hoping that it would be from whom he thought, but he was also prepared for it to be someone else. He opened the envelope and was not disappointed.

Dearest Harry,

I spent a great deal of time with your parents during our work with the Order. I saw them both as brave Gryffindors and as loving parents. I am proud to count myself among those that they called friends. I spent many conflicted hours trying to choose what memory I felt was most indicative of their strength and courage. I hope that this memory will do them justice.

Good Luck,
Albus Dumbledore


Harry could not contain the tears this time. He knew that this would be the last letter that he opened. He waited for the memory to begin as he pictured Ginny next to him to support him. Dumbledore was trying to talk James and Lilly into going into hiding. He wanted them to quit their work with the Order and run from Voldemort. Moody was there also trying to convince them to hide. Professor Lupin, Sirius, and Peter were all there too. They were all offering to help them find a way to vanish. James and Lilly were fighting heatedly. There was no way they were going to give up their work for the Order. James and Lilly both said that there would be nothing left in the world to live for if Voldemort had his way. They argued that it would do no good to survive if there was nowhere safe for Harry to play with his friends. Dumbledore explained that they would be alive. After much heated arguing, Sirius finally convinced them to compromise. James and Lilly would go into hiding, but they would not stop trying to defeat Voldemort. Harry stared in horror as he watched Dumbledore perform the Fidelius Charm. He felt his heart break as he saw Peter accept responsibility as their Secret Keeper. When the charm was completed, Harry felt a surge of rage that threatened to overwhelm him. Mercifully, the memory stopped. Harry was once again aware of his surroundings.

He decided to save the rest of the letters for another time. He needed to be with Ginny. Quickly, he packed the letters back into the box. Just as he began to push off the ground, he heard a suspicious noise. Then he saw the black robe of a Death Eater on the walk in front of the house. He flashed upstairs to warn the others. Within seconds they all had their wands at the ready. As they charged down the stairs, Harry yelled at his Aunt to stay in the kitchen. He sealed the doors to the kitchen and then sent a protection charm in that direction. He prepared himself for battle as he led Ron, Hermione, and Ginny to the entryway.

The doorbell sounded loudly, echoing through the tiled room. Ginny positioned herself to open the door, while Ron and Hermione fanned out behind Harry. They were close enough to help shield Harry, but far enough apart to pose separate threats to the enemy. Ginny swung the front door open to reveal Draco Malfoy. He was alone on the front step, dressed in his Muggle best.

He had barely opened his mouth when four different spells hit him square in the chest. He was knocked off his feet by a stunning spell, the leg-locking curse, a silencing spell, and one fantastic bat bogey hex.

He hadn’t hit the ground when Hermione magicked him into the house as Ginny conjured ropes to bind him tightly. Ron contributed by viciously kicking him in the ribs.

“Hey, Mate. You should try that, it felt bloody fabulous.” Ron looked directly at Malfoy, as if willing him to move, while he spoke to Harry.

“Ron,” Hermione admonished. She grabbed Ron’s arm with her hand and moved so that she stood between Ron and Malfoy.

Harry saw Hermione’s hand on Ron’s arm. He watched as Ron pulled her beside him, his arm around her, and gently caressed her stomach. Harry couldn’t believe that Ron had picked now to be unafraid to show his affection. Here, in front of the enemy, he thought. Harry sighed and grabbed Ginny’s hand to steady himself. He revived Malfoy, although he was sorely tempted to kick him in the ribs first, and removed the silencing spell.

Malfoy’s eyes were wide, darting from side to side as he looked around the room with fear in his eyes. He struggled mightily against his restraints until he saw Harry. Harry noticed that Malfoy’s bonds had begun to loosen considerably, and for a moment Harry thought he was going for his wand.

“This was a mistake,” Draco mumbled.

“What are you saying, you coward?” Harry screamed with cold fury in his voice.

“I can now see that you are not ready for the truth,” he declared haughtily.

Draco reached for his left arm, struggling under the loosening bindings. He touched his bare forearm, his fingers brushing the Dark Mark that now burned there. It glowed brightly as he muttered an incantation. He grimaced at the sight of Ron holding Hermione and vanished.

All that was left was a small pile of rope on the floor that had been used to bind Malfoy. Harry waved his wand at the kitchen to remove the charms he had placed there. Slowly Ron, Ginny, and Hermione turned to face Harry.

Chapter Five: Wedding Bell Bliss

Reviews 28
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear