Search:

SIYE Time:10:58 on 18th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


The Bet's On!
By saz j

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:None
Genres: Angst, Comedy, Drama, Fluff, Humor
Warnings: Extreme Language, Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 6
Summary: It's the wedding, Harry is nervous about seeing Ginny, Ginny on the other hand it ready for any thing, the girl's on fire! Ron and Hermione are still plain stupid and the Weasley twins cook up the entertainment for the night, a bet. But which of the Harry Potter ships will the bet be focussed on?
Hitcount: Story Total: 5578





Author's Notes:
Well, what can i say, when i deleted one of my past fics i couldn't resist to do a one of chapter of one of my faves from my previos fic!
I thank Breanie for editing it, like a billion years ago, and i dedicate this to ALL Harry POtter fans! woot, so enjoy....




ChapterPrinter


Harry was stepping through the fire place at Mrs Figgs. “Here goes nothing!” he sighed. “THE BURROW!”

“HARRY!!!!!!!!! OH HARRY DEAR, I, WE WERE SO WORRIED!”

Harry barley stepped out from the Burrow's fire place when Mrs. Weasley was hugging and kissing him!

“Hey Mrs. Weasley!”

She stepped back. “Oh, you're all right, I was so worried, but your back for the wedding, oh I am glad. Now go wash your selves, dinner will be in ten minutes.” she smiled and went back to her cooking.

Ron ushered them up the stairs, just as Harry got onto the landing......

BASH “Arrrg!”

Harry was on the floor, his head pounding, he rubbed it better, and he had knocked into some one.

He slowly got up still a bit dazed and helped up the other victim.

“Oh Ron, watch were you're goi-” Ginny's big brown eyes stared at Harry.

“Erm....sorry, Gin,” Harry blushed.

So did Ginny.

“Harry, erm ... yeah, erm...hey, sorry, I can’t talk I need to go help mum,” and with that she swung her long ordered hair and turned her back to go down stairs.

Harry turned to Ron and Hermione, they both shrugged.



Two minutes later, the whole of the Weasley family, except Bill, Fleur and of course Percy were at the Burrow.

Mrs. Weasley had cooked a large lamb steak and baked potatoes.

Bill was at the Leaky Cauldron, and Fleur was at her mother’s house in France, they weren't allowed to see each other before the wedding.

At the dinner table, there was talk about school, work, Voldemort and Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes. Harry kept glancing at Ginny, who seemed to be avoiding his gaze and was talking very loudly to Hermione about their NEWTS.

At half past ten, Mrs. Weasley insisted on them all going up to bed. Ginny quickly rushed off dragging Hermione with her. Ron and Harry dragged themselves up the stairs up into Ron’s bed room......

“Harry mate, Harry, quickly, wake up, mums doing a nutter!”

Harry was shaken awake by Ron, Harry groaned.

“Come on, we have to help!”

They both quickly got ready, and headed down stairs in some scruffy clothes.

They first set out chairs, using magic, which helped a lot, they then set the tables and ran up stairs.

With only thirty minuets to the wedding, the two boys rushed like the wind to get dressed in their formal white robes, as Fleur had insisted on white.

“Bloody hell mate, we're all well...posh!” gasped Ron.

“Doesn't happen that often , eh?!” laughed Harry.

People were starting to gather out side,. Harry noticed all the Weasleys, except the groom and bride and Percy, there was Lupin and Tonks, Mad-Eye, Shacklebolt, Professor McGonagall, in fact most of the Order, and some blond people which harry guessed, judging by their French accent, that they were Fleur’s family, some of her friends and some of Bill's friends.

Mad Eye came up from behind him.

“Potter, you alright?!”

“Alright Mad Eye, you?”

“Erm… not ba-”

He was interrupted by the music starting.

Everyone rushed to their seats, Harry was seated next to Lupin, Tonks and Hermione.

The music carried on, a little blond girl skipped down the aisle tossing flowers in every corner, people began to laugh, until Fleur walked gracefully towards the front, she was wearing a very nice white silk-

HANG ON, WHO CARED WHAT SHE WAS WEARING; JUST AT THAT MOMENT HARRY'S EYES GREW TO THE SIZE OF TENNISS BALLS!

Ginny....., she was too beautiful for words, with a beige long silk dress, her hair down and curly, her chest with a small silver necklace, and walking down the aisle as if she was floating.

“Now swallow Harry!” giggled Hermione.

Harry shook his head, and did as he was told, this was it, he was gonna get her back, he had to, he wanted to, he needed to!

After the vows, the unbreakable curse was performed, and the newly married couple dashed off hand in hand to the ministry to sign the paper work.

The guests went to their tables and were seated whilst waiting, there was much talk, about how beautiful the bride was, how cute the bridesmaids were etc.

Harry was on a table with Lupin, Tonks, Hermione, Mad Eye, Shacklebolt and Professor McGonagall.

The married couple came back within twenty minuets, and the feast began.

Harry's eyes were always staring towards Ginny, but every time he looked Hermione would comment.

“Harry, ask her to dance, Harry she still has feelings for you, Harry be patient!”

Everyone went onto the dance floor, after that, either to dance or mingle and chat.

Harry spent a good twenty minuets rehearsing what he was gonna say to Ginny, he then spent another ten minuets looking for her. He found her standing and talking to Mad Eye and Professor McGonagall.

“Ginny” gulped Harry.

The conversation between the two adults and Ginny stopped.

“Harry?” asked Ginny.

“Erm...I, I, well, I, erm...I-”

“Oh for heavens sake Potter, spit it out!” Snapped Professor McGonagall.

“Yes ma’am!”

Mad Eye chuckled, he knew what was coming.

“Ginny, I was wondering, whether, well, would you please dance with me?” Harry then held his breath.

Ginny looked at him nerves erupting around her.

“Go ahead Weasley, Alastor and I will carry on with out you,” smiled Professor McGonagall.

Ginny faced Harry, but then looked at her feet, she nodded.

Harry held out his hand, and steered her to the dance floor, all the couples were up dancing to a slow song. Harry put his hands round Ginny's waist and she put her arms round his neck, they danced slowly.

“Gin, I need to talk to you about some thing!” whispered Harry.

“Harry-” she looked into his eyes. “I do understand why you broke up with me, lets just leave it at that.” she sighed.

“But, I can’t just leave it!”

“Harry, please, just, don’t, I can’t talk about, I said O understood-”

“I don’t think you can, ‘cause I don’t even no what I mean!”

Ginny let go of him and glared at him. “It's a little late!” she snapped.

Heads started to turn to wards their direction, Harry ignored it, and so did Ginny.

“Gin-”

“Don't Gin me, Harry James Potter!” she glared daggers at him.

The music then stopped.

“Ginny, please just be calm, I, I!”

“Go on, spit it out, I mean, what didn’t you say that broke my heart already? Eh!”

“I do care Ginny-”

“You care, why would you care Harry, your sending me mixed signals now! WHY WOULD YOU CARE?!”

“BECAUSE I BLOODY LOVE YOU!”

She slapped him.

Mrs. Weasley gasped, Harry didn’t care. He grabbed Ginny’s hand that had just slapped him and pulled her towards him. He pressed his lips to hers, he then put his arms around her waist and pulled her up a little, she deepened the kiss.

Ginny's heart was racing, what was happening, she was there kissing her dream man, he said he loved her, just then there was a loud clapping, and next thing they knew Fred and George were cheering and cooing them on!

Everyone laughed, and also clapped, Ginny pulled away, and smiled, Harry grinned.

Harry kneeled down on the floor.

“Harry, what are you doing?” Ginny gasped.

“Don’t worry, Ginny, be my girlfriend again, please!” tears streamed down his face, Ginny looked shell shocked, but grinned.

“Go on then!” she grinned.

The clap got bigger, and it was Ron and Hermione's turn to cheer them on.

The music went back on, and Harry and Ginny picked up, were they had left off, in a tight embrace.

When the song had ended both Harry and Ginny walked towards the fountain, when Fred and George walked over.

“Congrats, really, we were betting that Harry was gonna beg for you back!”

“What can I say, couldn't live without her!” grinned Harry.

“Glad to hear it, listen, we wanna get a bet up and running, you interested?”

Harry and Ginny looked at each other.

“Depends, what's the bet?”

“RON AND HERMIONE!”

Harry and Ginny slowly turned their heads to each other and grinned, they both nodded!

“Round up, round up, come over here, come on!” yelled Fred.

“Yeah, come on folks, we’re making bets, come on no-“ continued George until he caught his mothers’ eye.

“WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING, IT IS YOUR BROTHERS WEDDING!” yelled Mrs. Weasley.

“Now mother, I think you’ll wanna join in this bet!”

“George this is my oldest son’s wedding, I am not about to make a bet, and I have never gambled in my entire life!”

“But mum, we’re making bets about Ron and Hermione!”

“Fred I don’t car-!” Mrs. Weasley stopped half way through her sentence, considered what was said, and looked interested, the twins grinned. “Oh, I see, well, erm ... What sort of bet?”

“Well, you make a bet saying when and where the dumb couple will realize that they have feelings for each other!” the twins smirked.

“Oh, well, in that case, I’ll make a bet!” the twins looked as thought they had won 1000 gallons!

“Oh, that’s brill, I’ll gather more people up, hang around!” Said George.

Within half an hour the twins had put it around nearly the entire wedding, except Ron and Hermione.

“Come on now, I thought there was gonna be a bet, well, come on, what’s the bet?” growled Mad Eye.

“Ok, ok, OI QUIET!!” shouted Fred.

The crowd shut up.

“Thank-you-geez-finally!” sighed George, “Fred, if you will!”

“Ok folks, as you all know we have a couple here tonight that are madly in love with each other, and wanna shag each other senseless-“

“FRED!”

“Sorry mother!”

“There’s loads of couples here, most of them are, well, just that, a couple!” laughed Tonks.

“Ah, you see, there’s a couple here that have not yet told each other how they feel, in fact I don’t think they know themselves, any ideas who we mean?” Questioned Fred.

“RON AND HERMOINE!” the crowd chorused

“Keep it down, we don’t want our victims to hear!” laughed George.

“So, we’re betting when they’ll get together?” laughed Lupin.

“Hell no, we don’t want a bet running for five bloody years!” grinned Ginny.

Every one laughed.

“No way, we need to make it interesting, any ideas?” asked Harry.

The crowd went silent, trying to think.

“Well, we had the idea that we’ll bet for when in the wedding, well the remaining of it, oh and tomorrow, we’re betting on how they’ll realize, and when!” Fred finished.

“Erm…aren’t we afraid that people will cheat to make sure it’ll happen?” asked Mr. Weasley.

“Ah …well, dad, that’s the fun part, we’re allowing cheating, you know to spice it up!”

“I HAVE NEVER CHEATED IN MY LIFE, I’M NOT ABOUT TO START NOW, WELL, well, maybe I can make this a one off!” barked Professor McGonagall.

People started to laugh.

“We might not succeed!” sighed Bill; everyone’s eyes fell on the twins.

“Yeah, there’s that, we’ve been betting and trying to get them together since their second year!” sighed Fred.

“Really?” asked Ginny “When?”

“Oh, all the time, who do you think told Hermione that Ron already had a date for the Yule ball, and told Victor Krum to ask her out, to make Ron jealous!” chuckled George.

“No way, that was you guys!” laughed Harry.

“Indeed it was, but alas, those two thick heads didn’t make it pass the entrance hall, never mind up to the common room for a quick shag!”

“GEORGE!”

“Sorry mother!”

“So, any one gonna start us all off?” Asked Fred.

“Tell you what, I’ll bet 5 gallons, to them getting together in the middle of the night when the party gets really started!” declared Harry.

“Five gallons, bloody hell, go on then, I’ll bet 1 gallon for in one hour time!” laughed Fred.

“How the bloody hell are you gonna get them together in one hour!” laughed Ginny.

“Ah, I said you were aloud to cheat, we have plans, dear little sis!” said George.

“2 gallons for tomorrow morning!” growled Mad Eye.

“1 gallon, for 8 o’clock!” laughed Lupin.

“Yeah, me two!” said Tonks.

“Me and Author will bet 2 gallons for 7 o’clock!” said Mrs. Weasley.

“MOLLY” cried Professor McGonagall “That’s hardly fitting, 3 gallons from me, that they’ll get things started at 9 o’clock!”

“1 gallon from me, for 1 o’clock tonight!” laughed Ginny.

“Oh ho, you think you can beat mine do ya?” teased Harry.

“Oh, bring-it-on!” she giggled.

Harry brought his lips to hers-

“HEM HEM, we are trying to bet, never mind the snogging!” came Charlie’s voice, “2 gallons from me, for 2 this morning!”

There were bets going on for 10 more minutes, from everyone left in the Order, and more Hogwarts professors, including a very tipsy Professor Sprout!

“Ok, ok, we have all the bets recorded, so, lets get this party started!” shouted Fred.

Harry and Ginny ran hand in hand to the Burrow to cook up their plans…..

At seven o’clock there was a shout from Mrs. Weasley, “RONALD, RONALD DEAR, COME HERE, I NEED SOME HELP!”

“Yea mum?” came the voice of Ron, some people stopped dancing to watch.

“Oh there you are dear, can you please help me take this into the kitchen?” smiled Mrs. Weasley.

“Mum, it weighs tons!” groaned Ron.

“Oh, your right dear, let me get more help-HERMIONE, HERMIONE DEAR!”

“Yes Mrs. Weasley?” Hermione said as she walked over.

“Oh, Hermione, could you help Ron with this, without magic please, we don’t want any thing breaking!” she smiled.

Harry and Ginny spun round to see what would happen.

Ron and Hermione nodded, and waited for Mrs. Weasley to fly it over to them, until….

CRASH

“Oops!” giggled Mrs. Weasley as she dropped the large gold cake stand.

“Damn it, she’s won!” Harry heard a few order members say.

Naturally, both Ron and Hermione darted towards to cake stand on the floor….

BASH

“OI, Ron!” screamed Hermione.

“Oi your self, my head hurts!” moaned Ron.

They stepped apart from each other, rubbing they heads.

“I’m gonna get a drink, my head hurts, sorry Mrs. Weasley,” said Hermione.

“It’s ok dear, off you go” sighed Mrs. Weasley.

“FEW!” Harry laughed, others seem to be saying the same thing.

“Well, that’s 2 gallons gone!” sighed Mrs. Weasley.

“What did you say?” asked Ron who was still rubbing his head.

“Oh, what, oh nothing, nothing dear, off you go, I’ll deal with this!”

Ron walked off, rubbing his head and cursing Hermione and his mother.

“Zis is what you get for betting too early, and using my new cake stand!” screeched Fleur.

Hours when on, Harry kept hearing funny happenings, and annoyed gamblers.

“Damn it, nearly had them!” said Tonks who flung into a near by seat near a snogging Harry and Ginny, they broke apart.

“No luck, ah well, I’ll get em!” declared Ginny.

“Oh, you think so do ya? No, sorry but I’m gonna win on this sweet cheeks!” laughed Harry.

“Don’t sweet cheeks me Harry James Potter, you watch, I bet I win!”

He bent down and caught her lips.

Midnight came, and Harry had still to get an idea with getting Ron and Hermione together.

“Regretting betting 5 gallons are we?” teased Ginny.

“Nah, I’ll think of some thing, wait, hang on, I’ve got it!” Harry sat up, and darted towards Ron.

Ginny followed to listen.

“Hey Ron, what you up to?” asked Harry.

“Oh, hey Harry, I’m just getting some more butter bear, what are the rest doing?” asked Ron, who knew perfectly well that every one else was dancing.

“You mean, what’s Hermione doing?” questioned Harry.

“I didn’t mean Hermione, but go on, where is she? I haven’t seen her since seven.”

“Oh, Victor Krum has just come round to say congratulations to Bill and Fleur and he’s now snogging her senseless!” replied Harry.

Ginny cursed Harry under her breath.

“SHE’S DOING WHAT, VICKY’S HERE, WHAT THE HELL IS HE DOING HERE, AND WITH HER!” shouted Ron.

Ginny saw her opportunity, and disappeared.

Ron stormed off to find Hermione.

Harry frowned, Ginny had got there first.

“Hermione, what's this I hear where's Vicky!?” demanded Ron.

“Vicky? EXCUSE ME!” Hermione glared at Ron.

“Yeah, that's right, Vicky, Harry told me that he was snogging you!” Hermione glared at Harry, Harry gulped.

“HARRY what is this cock and bull story that Ronald is sayin’?” she demanded.

“Erm...I thought I saw you snogging Victor Krum!” said Harry, staring at the floor.

“Victor? He isn't even here!” said Hermione.

Ron looked confused and turned to Harry.

“Oh, I swore I saw you and Victor snogging, oh, it must have been Bill and Fleur!” said Harry, still looking at the floor.

“I look nothing like Fleur!” shouted Hermione.

“I know you don’t!” laughed Harry.

“What do you mean, you know, and why are you laughing, do you think I’m ugly?” asked Hermione.

Harry saw his, chance, he saw the anger in Ron’s eyes, waiting to defend Hermione, Harry was about to say he did when, DAMN IT, Ginny got there first, AGAIN.

“Of course not, Hermione, you're taking this the wrong way, you both are, Harry just made an honest mistake, didn’t you Harry?”

Harry knew he missed his chance of winning the bet, and simply nodded.

“Sorry about that!” he sighed.

Hermione nodded.

“Erm...I thought I heard Lupin call me, be seeing ya!” and with that Harry rushed out of the way, he didn't want a shouting at.

At half past midnight, Harry was sitting down, waiting for Ginny to return to him, she did, with a huge smile on her face.

“That was uncalled for!” laughed Harry.

“I know, they've both calm down now!” grinned Ginny.

She bent down and kissed him. He moaned.

“You so cheated, I nearly had them!” sighed Harry.

“Cheating is allowed remember!” she teased.

“Hell I do love you!” and brought his lips back down to hers again.

“I know, it's because I’m a bad girl, isn't it!” she giggled.

“Hmm, yeah, that as well, you've just got attitude and you’re amazing!”

“I know!” she laughed and continued to kiss him.

“So, what have you got planned?” Harry asked.

Ginny handed him a letter that said To Hermione.

Harry read it, “You have gotta be kidding me, do you think it'll work?”

“If I know my brother like I do, it will!”

Harry grinned.

“I'll be back, I’m just gonna plant it, see you at one!” and blow him a kiss!

Harry laughed to himself, she really was amazing!

It was quarter to one, Harry went for a walk into the Burrow, where he found Ginny.

“You planed your letter?” he grinned.

“Damn right!” she reached up and kissed his bottom lip, enough to make him want more.

“Let’s watch what happens, Hermione's coming out of the toilet any time now!”

They went into the closet to ease drop and they heard foot steps.

They then heard ripping of the envelope, and a loud voice, that belonged to Ron.

“Hey Hermione, what you up to?”

“Erm...Ron, I've just got your- erm....what does this mean?”

She handed him the letter.

Ron re-read the letter several times, his ears turning redder each time he read it.

“Erm....!”

“You mean, I mean, do you like me?” she asked him.

“Course I like you Hermione!” laughed Ron, “We're friends”

Hermione frowned.

“Oh, I thought you like me more than, oh, it doesn't matter” sighed Hermione.

“No come on, what's wrong Hermione?”

“It's just, I actually thought for a moment that you like me more than a friend!”

Ron went to a deep shade of purple.

*******

“Harry” whispered Ginny.

Harry turned to be facing a boy he didn’t know.

“Erm..Gin?”

The boy giggled.

“It's me Harry, a part of me outside the front door, and watch this!”

Harry did as he was told.

*******

Ron stuttered for a moment.

“Hem hem!” came a French voice.

“Am I right in thinking that you iz zis Hermione that I have heard of?” asked the blond boy (who was Ginny).

“I am!” said Hermione.

“I couldn't help but notice your beauty, may I dance with yo-”

“No you may not dance with her, she is talking to me pal, so beat it!” snarled Ron.

Hermione stood there, “Erm … sorry, I didn’t quite catch your name?”

“I am Edward, I am Fleur’s cousin once removed!”

“Oh-” started Hermione.

“I said go away, I’m talking to her!”

“Oh I am sorry, is he your boyfriend?” asked the boy.

Hermione and Ron stood there.

“No, why would you say that?” laughed Ron.

Hermione looked at the floor, and cried a tear.

“Why is that silly, am I not good enough for you Ron?” she cried.

“I never said that, why would I say that?”

“Well, you obviously think it's silly of you to go out with someone like me!”

The boy backed away and turned back into Ginny and hid with Harry.

“Here we go, just as planned” she whispered.

“No, come on Ron, what is up with me, am I ugly?” she demanded.

“NO YOU ARE NOT!” he began to cry.

“I’m not, so why would you think it's amusing to be my girlfriend!” tears came streaming down.

“I don’t, honest, Mione, I do not think your ugly, I think you’re amazing!”

“NOT AMAZING ENOUGH TO GO OUT WITH THOUGH!”

“I NEVER SAID THAT!”

“SO WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?”

“THAT I BLOODY LOVE YOU!”

Hermione stopped crying and stared at him.

“YES!” whispered Ginny.

Harry grinned.

“What-what did you say?” she asked.

Ron stood there, and blinked.

“Erm.., I said I love you,” he went purple.

“No, you said because you bloody love me!” she gasped.

“Well, it's just, I-I-I-I think I am in love with you Hermione!”

Hermione let out a sigh.

“But, you can’t!”

Ron took her hands into his.

“But, but I do, you’re beautiful, you’re kind, you’re smart, what's not to like?”

Hermione beamed at him.

“Oh Ron, I love you so much as well!”

Ron looked shocked.

He bent down to kiss her cheek she pulled away, and then he grabbed her and placed his lips on hers, she kissed him back.

*******

Harry and Ginny stepped into the entrance of the Burrow to see the scene in front of them, Ron and Hermione were snogging like mad.

Harry and Ginny turned to face each other and grinned!

They left them kissing for 5 minutes, and Harry couldn't hold it in any longer.

“Damn it Gin, I owe you 5 gallons!”

Ron and Hermione broke apart before any one could say the word Quidditch.

“What, what?” stuttered Ron.

“Too bad Harry, told ya it would happen!” giggled Ginny.

Just at that moment the twins entered the Burrow.

“What the-” started Fred.

“No way! It's won, Gin, how did ya do it?”

“Do, do what?” asked Hermione.

Bill and Charlie entered.

“About bloody time, how long have we been waiting for this to happen?” laughed Charlie.

“Since their second year!” laughed George.

“But-” started Ron.

“I first noticed in their third year!” nodded Ginny.

“When-” started Hermione.

“Nah, it took me until our forth year until I noticed they loved each other!” laughed Harry.

“YOU ALL BLOODY KNEW?” asked Ron.

“Ron, I think everyone in the school, in the family, in the Order knew except you and Hermione!” laughed Bill.

“Yes, I won the bet, hand over the money!” said Ginny.

“You made a bet about me and Ron?” Hermione looked scandalized.

“Damn right we did!” laughed Fred.

“Just wait until your mother finds out!” snarled Hermione.

“Just wait until you hear how much she bet on you both!” said Fred.

Hermione couldn't help it, she giggled.

Ron bent down and kissed her, and she allowed him!



Reviews 6
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear