Search:

SIYE Time:18:41 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


The Way to Deal
By BeautifulWasteland

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Angst, Songfic
Warnings: None
Rating: G
Reviews: 7
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated since 2006 ***

Everyone believes that Harry is gone but Ginny. This is how she expresses her feelings. While someone else watches….Just a little something I though up.
Hitcount: Story Total: 2878





Author's Notes:
For now this is as a non-completed story, if people like you like it then there could be more, if not well its a OneShot




ChapterPrinter


This little ficlet just popped into my head one day, and I thought why not write it down (or well type it out). So enjoy its doesn’t take long to read at all! The song is called ‘Probably Wouldn’t Be This Way’ by LeAnne Rimes

Disclaimer: I own nothing the characters belong to J.K Rowling (the best author ever) and the song belongs to LeAnne Rimes or who ever wrote it.

Summary: Everyone believes that Harry is gone but Ginny. This is how she expresses her feelings. While someone else watches….Just a little something I though up.






Ginny stood behind the curtain of the bar's stage as the guy in front of her finished his song. She wiped her sweating hands on the skirt she wore. This was her chance, the only way she knew how to express what she was feeling since he left. Everyone believed Harry had died, but not Ginny she knew better. She could still feel him, his presence, and besides there was never a body found.

It was supposed to be the last battle. Harry was running out the front doors of Hogwarts demanding Voldemort, Ginny Ron and Hermione, hurrying behind him. Then He appeared, Voldemort somehow broke the barriers to Hogwarts and apparated in front of Ginny.

It was Harry that had pushed her out of the way, yelling at Voldemort that it was Harry he had to kill not anyone else. They both drew their wands and then all Ginny could remember was blinding light. When the light went away, there was barely anything in the space before Ginny. Just Voldemort’s black robe and his wand, not Harry nor Voldemort, not Harry’s white robe. Ginny dropped to her knees and cried.

The guy came of the stage with a smile “How’d I do?”

“Hmm” Ginny was brought back to Earth from reminiscing about the final battle. “Oh you were great, yeah really good. I better go now” She said with a smile as her name was called.

She plastered on a smile as she took her first steps on to the stage. ‘At least these Muggles don’t know who I am’ She though to herself. Ever since Voldemort's downfall Ginny, Ron and Hermione were household names, being the surviving 3 of the 4 inner circle members.

Ginny stepped into the spot light and raised her eyes to the crowd. No one familiar. She had to do this for herself, there was no turning back now. She finally had the courage to do this for him. She took a deep breath to calm herself as the music started. Grabbing the microphone she said “This is for the only man that I will ever truly love” and started singing the song she wrote for Harry, the song she hoped that he would one day hear and know that someone still loved him.


Got a date a week from Friday with the Preacher's son,
Everybody says he's crazy, I'll have to see
I finally moved to Jackson when the summer came,
I won't have to pay that boy to rake my leaves
I'm probably going on and on it seems I'm doing more of that these days


The Set Up, as her brothers called it, would be Ginny’s first date in 3 years. Her mother had set it up. She thought that Ginny needed some outlet, someone to show her that with Harry gone life did not end.


I probably wouldn't be this way
I probably wouldn't hurt so bad,
I never pictured every minute without you in it,
Oh you left so fast,
Sometimes I see you standing there,
Sometimes I feel I'm losing touch
Sometimes I feel that I'm so lucky to have had the chance to love this much
God give me a moments grace
Cause if I'd never see your face
I probably wouldn’t be this way


Ginny loved Harry and she knew that she should never stop loving him. Other people could let his death pass by and respect the memorial they set up for him. But Ginny just couldn’t do that, in her heart he was still there. Everyone tried to convince her to move on, saying she visited the memorial to much and that each time would make it harder to give him up.


Momma says that I just shouldn't speak to you,
Susan says that I should just move on,
You ought to see the way these people look at me,
When they see me 'round here talking to this stone,
Everybody thinks I've lost my mind but I just take it day by day



She wouldn’t let anyone tell her how she should feel. Ginny had felt things even before Harry that normal people sometimes never felt so strongly, love, hope, and life.


I probably wouldn't be this way,
I probably wouldn't hurt so bad,
I never pictured every minute without you in it,
Oh you left so fast,
Sometimes I see you standing there,
Sometimes I feel an angels touch
Sometimes I feel that I'm so lucky to have had the chance to love this much
God give me a moments grace
Cause if I'd never see your face
I probably wouldn’t be this way
I probably wouldn't be this way

Got a date a week from a Friday with the Preacher's son,
Everybody says I'm crazy, guess I'll have to see


Ginny finished the song, and with a thank you to the applause that started she smiled and walked off the stage. It was for Harry. It had always been for him, and would always be for him. He gave her courage, and he gave her strength.








Sitting quietly at the back of the crowd, no one took any notice of the bespectacled black haired young man. He sat watching the red haired girl perform. Listening to the words his could see the distress in her face, and couldn’t deal with the knowledge that he caused it. He finished his drink and threw some Muggle money onto the table, rising he whispered “I love you too Ginny” and walked out the door.







There your are hoped you liked it, and I will not beg you to Review on it or anything because lets face it hardly anyone does!...Its is appreciated if you do however

Faith Hope Love!
Reviews 7
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear