Search:

SIYE Time:13:25 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Tap, Tap
By Collide

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:None
Genres: General
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 6
Summary: What happens in a typical H&G fanfic? Come on. "Ginny, I love you." Well, hopefully this short one will satisfy you a bit. R/R.
Hitcount: Story Total: 4481





Author's Notes:
Really short fanfic. I haven’t written any in a long time, and I haven’t read a HP book since last summer, and even then, HBP isn’t very clear in my mind, so this is a post-OOTP. Harry is really cheesy, like dramatically cheesy. Fair warning, okay? R/R please.

Oh yea - You know the whole me not being the owner and JK Rowling as the rightful owner right? Good. Thanks.




ChapterPrinter


“This is what I want, Harry, you and me, me and you. For once, I want to get what I want, and I know it’s selfish, and I know,” the girl’s tears overwhelmed her.

The boy bowed his head, but the girl’s words only pushed him to jump onto that broomstick even more. She might not understand it now, but she had to trust him. He did love her, but he couldn’t say it, he couldn’t show it at all. One day, she would understand, but for now, he knew he had to leave. “Please, when you’re older, you’ll understand. For now, I have to go. If I say what I feel, you’ll die. If I show what I feel, you’ll die. Trust me, please,” he wanted to say to her, but these words he couldn’t speak.

With that, he slipped his hand out of hers and left.

---

Tap, tap. That noise was going to bother her all night, but she knew it was probably just the wind.

Tap, tap. Ginny groaned, flipped over, and placed her pillow on her head.

Tap, tap. Grunting, Ginny lifted herself out of bed and walked over to the window. Hopefully, she could end the incessant tapping with a spell of some sort, but when she reached the window, she saw a hand reaching to tap the window. Breathing heavily, Ginny felt about ready to scream.

The hand motioned for her not to, though, and it took all of her to not scream. Finally, the cloak pulled away from the hand. “God, Harry,” Ginny opened the window. “What do you want?”

“Just to scare the living daylights out of you.”

“I'm having difficulty wondering if that's better than 'For you to take your shirt off.' Seriously, Harry, what do you want? Or am I supposed to always wonder about you?” her voice sounded so weak, pathetic that she hated herself.

“Just hop on.”

“Harry, no. I'm not jumping.” Her hazel eyes met his green ones, and she knew he saw the weakness in her eyes.

On one hand, she wanted to just leap on and be in his arms again. He still meant so much to her, but she couldn't give in, no matter how much she wanted him.

If she leapt on, she would be causing herself so much misery again. She had just gotten over him. She had just stopped crying every night over him, and if she leapt on, she was getting herself hurt.

Outside, though, Harry saw. He knew she was fighting herself over him, and it pained him. He was the one who had walked away. She should be able to do the same now, but he couldn't bring himself to it. No matter what she did, he was going to get to her. One more minute, he thought to himself. When she didn’t hop in, he knew what he had to do. He flew in. “Come on. Let’s head down to the Common Room.”

With that, he flew down the staircase, leaving Ginny by the window. Her mouth still hung open at what he had just done. Taking in a deep breath, she closed the window and slipped downstairs to the Common Room.

“What do you want?” she demanded, but this time her voice was even weaker with the pain of fighting herself over whether or not to hop onto that broomstick.

Harry was busy starting a fire, though. When he finished, he turned around and looked at Ginny. The silvery Invisibility Coat still hung on his arms, almost as if he was hiding something. “Ginny, I want to explain. There are things you need to know.”

“Fine. Explain, but I’ll be upstairs in bed.” Her voice was broken now.

“God, Ginny, seeing you right now — It’s killing me. You have to know that, okay? It’s killing me. Do you know how dangerous it is that I’m even here?” Harry’s voice rose, his eyes piercing hers.

“Huh, really? Then leave. You did it once. Go ahead. Do it again. I'm done.”

Ginny was surprised at her words, though, and the spite that they carried. God, Harry, please just leave. Please, she prayed to herself. She wanted him so badly now. She couldn't get out of this unless he got out of it.

But Harry didn’t leave. Instead, he moved towards her, taking in everything about her from the soft red curls that hung around her pale, freckled face to the tears she was forcing back that brimmed in front of her eyes.

“Ginny, I love you.”

She backed away from those four words. “No, you don’t.”

“Ginny, I do.”

“Come on, Harry. No, you don’t. If you did, you wouldn’t have left. You walked right past me and left. I was invisible to you and your stupid prophecy!” Ginny’s voice broke.

The tears fell now. It was just too much to handle. If he had loved her, he wouldn’t have left her to her pain, to her misery. If he had loved her, he would have done something about it rather than just leave it out there on the shores of the lake.

“Ginny, please listen. I love you.”

“Get out of here,” Ginny gritted her teeth and pointed to the portrait door. “Get out of here, please.”

At that point, Harry could see the pain he was causing her, the pain he had caused her, and the pain he was going to cause her if he stayed. For the first time in his life, he realized that he had to back off. Seeing that cue, he stepped out the portrait door, leaving Ginny again.

Once he was gone again, Ginny broke down even more. The tears continued flowing, unable to stop, and she couldn’t stop shaking either. Somehow, she managed to get back upstairs without anyone noticing her pain.

Sleep came easily enough, but the minute the first bit of sun washed over the grounds, she woke up. Remembering what had happened during the night, Ginny bowed her head.

After mindlessly going through her usual morning routine, Ginny finally lumbered downstairs. Her eyes immediately wandered over to a plain brown parcel on the table, though. It just drew her nearer, beckoning her. She remembered this feeling from Tom. God, I don’t need this right now.

Approaching the packet, Ginny saw on the tag her name. Blimey, what is this? Attack Ginny Week? But she took the parcel and sat in front of the fire, realizing that this was the same one Harry had kindled.

A string undone. A knot loosened. A pile of envelopes was now in her lap. Hasn’t he caused you enough pain? When will you learn? You made a mistake by just picking up the parcel. Just leave it. Leave it know, the little voice in her head told her. I can’t. I’m afraid to go any further, but I’m more afraid to leave it, she argued back. Besides, my heart can’t possibly break anymore.

With that, she opened up the first envelope. None of the envelopes were marked, but the minute she saw the writing, she knew that they were from Harry.

Ginny Dear Gin Ginny,

I shouldn’t be writing you, but you need to know. I can’t let Voldemort get you. I have dreams. In them, you’re dying. In them, you’re getting hurt, and I can’t stand that.

Sometimes I wish you had remained invisible to me. Sometimes I wish I didn’t love you. Sometimes I wish you hadn’t seen me that very first day when I was trying to figure out how to get onto the right platform.

I love you. I wish I could tell you how much I care about you. I love you. That’s all there is to it, and I can’t even sign my name here because if people find this, you’ll get hurt, and that’s my worst fear.”

Blinking back tears, Ginny opened another envelope. This time, it seemed like he knew exactly how to address it, but he was still holding back his words, watching them. Still, his words captivated her. She sat there, going over each letter, rereading them, feeling the ink, rereading them. His words killed her.

Tap, tap. Looking up from where she was seated, Ginny saw a snow white owl. “Give me a minute.”

Hedwig didn’t have to wait long, though. Within a few minutes, Ginny reappeared, broomstick in hand. “Lead the way?”

Reviews 6
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear