Search:

SIYE Time:10:02 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Lila
By green eyed cat

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Drama, Fluff
Warnings: None
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 5
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated since 2006 ***

A Stranger shows up on the door step of number 4 Private Drive one morning, THis stranger teaches Harry about life, love, and what it means to have a true family.
Hitcount: Story Total: 3331



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.





ChapterPrinter


Chapter 1 Relatives

Harry Potter was laying in his room early on morning when the door bell rang. Knowing he was the only person awake he curiously made his way too the entrance way wondering who would be coming around at this time of the morning. As he opened the door he saw a girl not much older than he was standing on the front steps. She had long brown hair and green eyes, his eyes.
“Oh, you must be Harry” this stranger guessed, “I’m Lila, is aunt Petunia here?”
“Well, she is still asleep, but who are you?” Harry asked
“I’m Lila Evans. My father Edward was the brother of Petunia and Lily.”
Lila grew tired of standing outside and decided to let herself in. Harry was in such a state of shock that he just stood there for a moment before speaking.
“I have never heard of an Edward Evans.” Harry stated as he led her into the kitchen.
“Well I am not surprised considering the fact that he was much older than your mum and aunt Petunia, and moved out when he was eighteen. He didn’t get along very well with anyone in the family, besides Lily. He went to America to start a new life.” she explained.
“I wish I had known,” Harry sighed as he searched the cabinets for the tea, “Maybe I could have convinced Dumbledore to let me stay with you”
“Daddy would have liked that.” she stated “He always felt bad for leaving Lily with that sad excuse for a sister. I was named after her you know. My dad wanted to name me lily, but my mum wanted something original, so as a compromise they named me Lila.”
“How did you know it was me who answered the door and not Dudley?” Harry asked.
“Harry I’m a witch too.” she answered.
A smile began to form on his face “ You better not let them find out or they will treat you like some rabid beast.” he warned her gesturing upstairs. The two of them sat at the table for a while Lila told him all about her life in America. Their Chat was interrupted when Petunia walked into the kitchen. She gave one look at Lila and the color drained from her face.
“Hello auntie.” Lila greeted as she rose from her seat.
“What are you doing here?” Petunia responded
“I came to try and bring what is left of our family together. We are family, and families should get along. It should not matter if some members are magical, if they are muggles, or even if they are criminals. We need to stand by each other. From what I have heard of you and your husband I am not expecting much, but I thought it was worth a try.”
“You are one of them too, aren’t you? A freak.”
“I prefer the term witch” Lila retorted.
“Get out of my house.” the cruel woman demanded, “Its bad enough I have to deal with his unnaturalness, but I will not stand for another one of your kind under my roof.”
“Fine. Lets go pack up your things Harry, you can stay with me.” Lila said as she made her way out of the kitchen.
Without a word Harry made his way up to his room to pack his things.
“Where are we going to stay?” Harry asked as he began to pile his belongings into his trunk.
“Well I anticipated that dear old aunt Petunia would not be exactly welcome me with open arms, so I rented a flat in Diagon Alley.” She said with a shrug, “ready to go?”
“Yea lets get out of here.” Harry said with one last glance at his bare room.

***************


Harry and Lila spent the day catching up on all the things that had gone on in their lives. Harry found the American magical life to be absolutely fascinating. Lila felt the same about the European side of the magical community. Soon the topic changed to their parents. Although she had never met Lily, Lila had heard many wonderful stories from her father. When Harry enquired as to where her parents were Lila grew quiet. She informed him that her parents had been killed a year ago in an explosion. Harry could tell she was not comfortable going into detail of this , so he tried to change the subject.
“I’m starting to get a bit hungry. Come, on I’ll treat you to dinner.”
“I hope you have a lot of money, because I’m starving.” she said with a laugh.
As they made their way to the Leaky Cauldron Harry began to think of the last time he was in Diagon Alley. He thought of how he would give anything to have those days back. The days when Dumbledore was still alive, when Bills face had not been marked with werewolf scars, When Malfoy was not wanted by the auror department, and when he had yet to break Ginny’s heart. Lila could tell something was bothering him, and inquired about it during their meal. He was at first hesitant to tell her, but soon found himself opening up to her about more than even Ron and Hermione knew. Even though they had only known each other for less than a day these two cousins had become really close. They found that they helped each other to ease the longing they felt for their lost family members. Harry could tell Lila thought he was making a mistake in breaking up with Ginny, but she did not say anything to him about it. When they had paid the bill they decided to walk around a bit to look at the shops. Harry stopped in front of a brightly colored window display advertising the most ridiculous products Lila had ever seen.
“Come on, There are some people I would like you to meet.” Harry said with a grin playing across his face.
As they walked into the store a tall red headed man came up to them. “Harry its great to see you but aren’t you supposed to be with the muggle monsters until the wedding?” George asked.
“He was, but that was before I came around and rescued him from those horrid, nasty, disgraces for human beings.” Lila answered.
“I take it you don’t like them George said noticing her for the first time.
“No I don’t, not in the least bit.”
“Who are you any way?” He asked her, not failing to notice how beautiful this girl was.
“This is my cousin Lila.” Harry said
George looked confused “since when do you have a cousin who is this good looking?” When he realized what he had just said he blushed a brilliant shad of red.
“Harry and I just met today.” she retorted not showing the slightest discomfort in the comment George just made.
Just then Fed came into the shop, and introductions began again. The four of them stood there chatting for a while. Lila got along well with the twins.
“The two of you should come to our house warming party.” Lila said after listening to a story Harry found rather embarrassing.
“We do not have a house.” Harry said turning to his cousin.
“Well, we have a flat.” she replied
“We are not having a party.”
“Yes we are, and if you don’t like it you can find another place to live.”
Harry was about to say something back to her when a cold, yet familiar voice spoke from behind him.
“Looks like you lost that one Harry.”
Reviews 5
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear