Search:

SIYE Time:8:27 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Time is a Healer
By crimsonraven

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Angst, Fluff, Songfic
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 7
Summary: Ginny finds an old photograph of Harry...
Hitcount: Story Total: 3965







ChapterPrinter


A/N: Hey everyone! You know the drill, please read and respond!

Disclaimer: I am a poor white girl who doesn't own anything except the fantasies in my head.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~




Time Is A Healer




I found a picture of your smiling face
Bringing old memories that I had locked away
The burden of anger from a heart filled with pain
Was finally lifted and I smile at you again




Ginny Weasley sat back from the spare closet she’d been cleaning, picture in hand. She had found it in a box that was situated in the very back of the closet. She pushed the stray copper strands away from her face and stared at the photograph. Her brown eyes locked with the emerald green eyes in the photograph. Her eyes clouded over with tears as she stared at the handsome face of Harry Potter.

It had been a long time since she’d seen him, and finding his face in the back of her closet had given her a surprise. Suddenly, memories that she had locked away to protect her heart came rushing back, flooding her. Her mind carried her back 5 years ago…when she was still at Hogwarts with Harry…



(flashback)



“Ginny, it seems Ron and Hermione have run off again. Would you like to come on a walk with me?” Harry Potter offered his hand to Ginny to help her up from her chair by the fireplace in Gryffindor common room.

“Harry, I’d be delighted.” She took the hand that he offered to her and followed him out the portrait hole. They walked around the lake, talking about Quidditch, Ron and Hermione’s newfound love, and classes. Ginny was nervous about her upcoming OWLs, but Harry assured her that she would be fine.

“You’re the smartest witch I know, Ginny,” Harry said as he looked into her eyes.

Ginny was starting to blush from all the attention Harry was giving her. Sure, they had gotten a lot closer since Ron and Hermione started running off on their own, but she wasn’t used to Harry complimenting her so openly.

“Oh Harry, I couldn’t possibly be the smartest witch you know. What about Hermione?” Ginny hated to contradict him when he was giving her a compliment, but she was sure he was only trying to be nice. He couldn’t have actually meant that.

“How could you think that Hermione is smarter than you? Sure, she reads all the time and knows a lot of things, but sometimes I wonder if she doesn’t take her head out of books long enough to realize what is going on around her. You’re, well, you know things, Ginny. You always seem to know exactly what I’m feeling and exactly what to say to me. I don’t know how or why you’ve put up with me for as long as you have. I can only thank Merlin that you have. You are wise beyond your years, Ginny. You’ve been one of the best friends I’ve ever had, and I don’t know what I would do without you.”

Ginny couldn’t believe what she was hearing. Did Harry really think all that about her? That she was one of his best friends? Her heart felt like it was fluttering in her chest, but she silently told it to behave itself. She couldn’t let Harry see that she was still in love with him, not after all this. The last thing she wanted was to scare him away.

She suddenly realized that they were standing on the far edge of the lake, and wondered when they had stopped moving. Ginny was still speechless by his words, and she looked up at him. Why was he looking at her like this? His cheeks seemed a bit pink. Was Harry Potter actually blushing? She tried to speak, but Harry beat her to it.

“Ginny, I’m a fool for not telling you how much you mean to me a long time ago. I don’t want to be too forward, and I don’t want to scare you away, but I have to say this. Virginia Rose Weasley, you are the best thing that’s ever happened in my life. It took me a long time to realize it, but you are the most amazing girl at Hogwarts. You’re beautiful, you’re smart, and you know what it’s like, Ginny, you know what I’ve been through.”

Harry hesitated for a moment and then continued. “I love you, Ginny. I know that I will never love another girl as much as I love you. You are the most perfect witch I have ever known, and if I can’t have you, I don’t want anybody else.”

Ginny was utterly speechless. She was finding it hard to find the breath to continue. Harry Potter actually loved her! She wanted to shriek at the top of her lungs and tell the whole world what Harry had just told her, but she couldn’t make a sound.

There was a long silence as Harry searched her face, looking for some sort of response, waiting for her to say something. When Ginny stayed silent, Harry’s face flushed bright red and he turned away before speaking again.

“Of course, this is too late. I know you’d gotten over me a long time ago. If only I hadn’t been such a dolt and waited forever to say something, I might have had a chance. Ginny, I’m sorry for all this, but I had to let you know how I felt. It was driving me crazy not being able to tell you. I only hope that I haven’t ruined my chance at being your friend--”

Harry’s words were cut off when Ginny grabbed his shoulders and whirled him around to face her. Before he could say anything, she sealed his mouth with her own. A spark went through them both the moment their lips met. Ginny’s heart was racing as Harry deepened the kiss. It seemed like, at that moment, everything was right with the world. All thoughts of Voldemort, the prophecy, and the war left either of their minds. The only thing that mattered was each other.

After what seemed like an eternity, they finally pulled apart. Ginny looked directly into Harry’s eyes, and found her voice. “You really think I’m beautiful?”

Harry smiled. “The most beautiful witch I’ve ever seen.”



(end flashback)



Ginny smiled to herself at the memory of her first kiss with Harry Potter. It was the best kiss she had ever had up to that point. She hung onto this memory for a while, but soon enough more memories started to come to her, memories that were much less pleasant.



I spoke such harsh words before goodbye
Well I wanted to hurt you for the tears you made
You made me cry
All my hopes and dreams, well they started vanishing
Those tender hurt feelings became a dangerous thing




(flashback)




Tears rolled down Ginny’s cheeks as she listened to Harry say the words that hurt the most.

“I’m sorry, Ginny, but I have to leave. You can’t come with me. It’s not safe.”

“To hell with safety, Harry. I love you. I’m not going to let you leave without me!”

“Ginny, I can’t let you come. You will die if you come. I won’t let that happen. I care about you too much. I won’t let you die.”

“If you care about me so much, then why are you leaving me?”

Harry put his hand up to Ginny’s face to wipe away her tears, but she pushed his hand away. “Ginny, you know the prophecy. I have to kill him, or die trying. You can’t help me, no one can. I have to do this on my own. I love you, Ginny. You know I love you. It’s killing me to have to leave you. I have to go now. I can’t let anyone follow me. It’s too dangerous.”

He looked deep into her eyes and pleaded with her. “Please, Ginny, promise me that you will stay with your family. They need you. Ron and Hermione need you. I don’t think your mum could handle another death in the family, not after Percy…”

Harry’s voice trailed off when he saw the fury in Ginny’s eyes. She could be just as scary as her mother when she was upset. He knew what he was in for, but it didn’t matter. He couldn’t change the circumstances, as much as he wished he could.

“Harry James Potter, you are as much a part of this family as I am, and you know it! If you die it wouldn’t just ruin my mum, it would ruin me. If you die, I couldn’t live without you.”

“Don’t talk like that Ginny, please.” Harry took her quivering chin in his hands and looked deep into her eyes. This time she didn’t push him away.

“Harry, don’t leave me. I love you.” Ginny’s voice was reduced to a whisper. The tears flowed down the sides of her face and over Harry’s hands without abandon.

“I’m sorry, love, I don’t have any other choice. I have to do this.” He left a small, sweet kiss on her lips and then released her. He picked up his bag and strode toward the front door of Ginny’s apartment. Ginny watched his retreating back. It had only been 3 years since he’d left Hogwarts, but already his posture seemed like that of an aged man.

Ginny was furious at him for having to go. Deep down, she knew that he had to do it, that there was no other way out for him, but she had release her anger at someone.

“Fine, then, Harry, leave! Go, be a hero, save the world! But if you leave me, don’t come back. You won’t be welcome here.” Ginny tried to put as much venom in her words as possible to disguise her trembling voice.

She turned away and buried her face in her hands so that he wouldn’t read the truth in her face. She wasn’t mad at him. She was hurting. The thought of Harry leaving her hurt so bad that she didn’t know how to deal with the pain.

Harry turned around and looked at the only woman he’d ever loved. A single tear rolled down his cheek at the thought that he might never see her again.

“I will always love you, Ginny.”

He walked out the door. The sound of the door clicking shut made Ginny snap back to reality. He was gone. The realization hit her hard, and she sunk to the floor, sobbing. He was gone, and she might never see him again. There was a huge probability that he would die, and she hadn’t told him how much she loved him. Instead, she had yelled at him in anger. Ginny had never felt worse in her entire life.



(end flashback)



Ginny clutched the picture of Harry to her chest and sobbed openly. She looked across her apartment over at the door that Harry had walked out of 3 years ago.

She hadn’t spoken to him since then, but she had followed the news reports carefully. After a year of searching for Voldemort, Harry had found him, and faced him down in the final battle that would be recorded in ever wizarding history book. He was victorious. She knew in her heart that he would win. He was the best wizard she had ever known.

Ginny knew that she should have contacted him after the war was over, but she couldn’t bring herself to do it. How could she apologize for saying such hurtful things? She didn’t even know how to begin.

If time is a healer
Then all hearts that break
Are put back together again
’Cause love heals the wound it makes

All of those years we spent together
Well they're part of my life forever
I hold the joy with the pain
And the truth is I miss you my friend


Ginny knew that she couldn’t avoid him forever. She loved him, and it was hurting her not to speak to him. She knew what she had to do. She walked over to her desk and set the photograph down on top of it. She pulled out a piece of parchment and began to compose the letter she should have written three years ago:

Dear Harry,
I love you…





The End





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: This is my first attempt at a songfic. The song is called Time is a Healer by one of my favorite singers, Eva Cassidy.
Reviews 7
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear