Search:

SIYE Time:15:46 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter and the Unexpected Visitor
By Milarqui

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:All
Genres: Action/Adventure, Comedy, Fluff
Warnings: Disturbing Imagery
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 223
Summary: Harry James Potter has come back to Privet Drive after his abysmal fifth year at Hogwarts School of Wizardry and Witchcraft, as Albus Dumbledore asked him to do. There, he mourns around everything that happened the last months, especially his Godfather's death, but all will change when someone he did not expect comes...

The author has stated this story will not be continued. SIYE
Hitcount: Story Total: 176416; Chapter Total: 7609





Author's Notes:
Summary: the elections for the new Minister for Magic (without Fudge, of course) are held, and the most popular candidate wins with an abysmal majority. Harry and Draco Malfoy talk about their lifes and their futures, and finally Harry learns how to control a new ability.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter 12
Elections and talks


The 12th of August, the day when the Minister for Magic elections was going to be held, everybody in the house woke up a bit late. They had been celebrating the youngest Weasley’s birthday party until nearly one o’clock in the morning, and Mrs. Weasley had reminded the adults (and Harry) that the day after they had to go to the Ministry to vote, and it was not a good idea to go in the middle of the morning, because that was the moment when the most people waited to deposit their vote on the polls.

The party had been a success, and Ginny had received lots of presents from her family, her friends and her boyfriend. She had squealed with glee when she saw the little cat she had fallen in love with last month, when everybody had gone to Diagon Alley to buy the school books. Like Sirius had predicted that same day, Ginny’s answer to that present was kissing Harry until he nearly fainted from lack of oxygen.

Harry, Sirius, the adult Weasleys, Remus, Mr. Lovegood and Mrs. Longbottom prepared themselves to take the Floo to the Ministry. They would go to the Atrium, where the polls were located. There were a few more candidates apart from Madame Bones and Crofton, Fudge’s former business partner. Harry, again, had disguised himself to go there unnoticed. Everybody had voted in favour of Madame Bones and then they came back to Headquarters.

When he arrived to Sirius’ house, Harry thought about Draco Malfoy, and what he was doing now. He considered talking with him, so that he could start to know him better apart from the spoiled brat he had been with for the last five years. He also wanted to help him with the transition from ‘Voldemort supporter’ to ‘Light Side Supporter’, and even do something to make things for Voldemort more difficult.

But first he had to talk with Dumbledore to tell him he wanted to meet Draco as soon as possible. The occasion arose while he was in one of his classes with the old Headmaster.

“Professor,” he said, after a strenuous lesson in which he had learnt to use two of the elements he could control at the same time, “would it be possible to talk to Draco Malfoy anytime soon? And his mother too, if she wants.”

“I’ll ask Mr. Malfoy about that, but I’m sure he’ll be glad to talk with you. On his mother’s behalf, I don’t know, but she may accept your help with her problems.”

“Thanks, Professor. I would like to help him to stand against anybody that tries to cause him any problem, like some of his partners at Slytherin for example, and even his father.”

“I expect Mr. Malfoy Sr. will be caught before he tries to do any kind of harm to his son. What I wonder about is how a man can be so ill-turned that he doesn’t even protect his own son from the kind of things someone would suffer being a Death Eater.”

“Maybe he is too wrapped around Voldemort’s finger that he can’t see what does really happen there.”

“Maybe,” Dumbledore replied with a small smile. “You should get back to Grimmauld Place; it’s almost lunch time and I doubt Molly will pardon me if you miss a meal,” he chuckled at that thought.

“OK, Professor.” When Harry stood up, Dumbledore stopped him.

“Harry, there is something I would like to see. Sirius mentioned the other day that you had managed to master one of your Animagus forms. Could I see it?”

Harry smiled and transformed himself into a phoenix.

“Marvellous,” the Headmaster said. “Sirius also said that you had the powers of the phoenix, and I would love to test them.” Then he conjured a knife and cut himself on the palm of his hand, which made phoenix-Harry to fly towards him and cry over the cut, which was healed in a matter of seconds.

“Fantastic, Harry. I’m sure this will help you a lot when it comes to fulfilling the Prophecy. You should go back now, before Molly sends me a Howler for stopping you.”

Harry transformed back into his normal self and went to the fireplace where, after throwing some powder, he stepped in and said, “Grimmauld Place!”


~~~~***~~~~***~~~~***~~~~** *~~~~***~~~~***~~~~***~~~~***~~~~***~~~~


Dumbledore saw his pupil leave the room and smiled. He still remembered the day he had left him in front of Vernon and Petunia Dursley’s home with great sorrow. On their will, James and Lily had stated that their son would live with Sirius if something happened to them, but they would have never guessed the problems in which their friend would get into just because of the sudden change of Secret Keeper, starting with the supposed murder of Peter Pettigrew and finishing with his near death experience after crossing the Veil.

All those years, watching Harry while he developed his life after knowing he was famous for something he didn’t remember, evoked contrasted feelings in him. It saddened him the fact that he had faced Tom Riddle four times, without counting when Harry was given the scar and Riddle had disappeared from the map, but he loved the fact that he had made friends with lots of people who were able to see past the image that had been built during all those ten years in which Harry had to live with his aunt.

The thing that surprised Albus the most was that, even though Harry had been mistreated by his relatives for a big part of his life, he was one of the most loving and considerate people he had ever seen. He would always try to protect his friends or anybody who was in danger — like it had been when Voldemort sent him the false vision of Sirius being tortured — but that lead him sometimes to try to push them away, even if he knew he would have better chances of getting through it with them. He was generous to the point that he had even offered his friends to leave him after he told them about the Prophecy.

But, of course, they wouldn’t even think about that.

Ronald Weasley and Hermione Granger, Harry’s first ever friends — he knew that Harry’s cousin had used his force to prevent anybody from becoming friends with Harry in primary school — were incredibly adamant at being friends with him, and, in spite of the fights they had had, still were the most loyal people one could see.

Neville Longbottom, always feeling shadowed by his parents, had gained a lot of confidence thanks to the group Harry had created the year before, Dumbledore’s Army, Neville had learnt how to use lots of charms and spells. As Minerva had told him, the only thing that separated Neville Longbottom from the best working was the lack of confidence he didn’t show anymore.

Luna Lovegood, the last addition to the group and the only non-Gryffindor, was strange, even more than himself (he chuckled then), and lots of people made fun of her just because she did believe in things that there were no proof of. But that didn’t stop Harry from being friends with her. From what Trelawney had told her months ago, Luna had foresight powers, and maybe that was the reason she was so odd: watching things that you had not seen and then watch them come into reality would turn anyone insane, and possibly that was what made her think of strange things.

But the most surprising one had been Ginevra Weasley, Ronald’s sister. He had watched her since she arrived to school. In her first year, she had to encounter Tom Riddle’s diary, which was enchanted and had forced her to open the Chamber of Secrets. When Harry saved her, Albus was sure that the two young people were meant to be with each other, even if they didn’t know yet. They reminded him of another couple that had assisted Hogwarts nearly twenty years ago, and even if they didn’t get on well for nearly six years, they had ended together, got married and had a son: James and Lily, Harry’s parents, were very much like Harry and Ginny, although the latter were together since a younger age than the former.

With a smile, Dumbledore stood up too, and went out of his office. It was time to have a talk with young Mr. Malfoy, and this one would be a very important one


~~~~***~~~~***~~~~***~~~~***~~~ ~***~~~~***~~~~***~~~~***~~~~***~~~~


MADAM BONES, NEW MINISTER FOR MAGIC!

After the meeting of the Magical Heads in which Cornelius Fudge was dismissed from his position as Minister, elections were called for choosing a new one. In the voting, three people were the most mentioned as candidates: Amelia Susan Bones, Head of the Magical Law Enforcement Department; Andrew Silas Crofton, president and owner of the Floo Powder Company; and Rufus Tiberius Scrimgeour, Head of the Auror Office.

The voting went through the day without problems of any kind, and in the end of the day votes were counted. Finally, the results were made public: Madam Bones had gotten eighty-five percent of the votes, Mr. Crofton nine percent of the votes and Rufus Scrimgeour four percent, the rest going to minor candidates.

Such a big difference between the main candidates can only mean that the British Wizarding population is, without a doubt, eager to support a change that will lead everybody to a new era of prosperity.

From the offices of the Daily Prophet, we congratulate Madam Bones for her success and can only expect that new times are ahead of us.

(For Madam Bones’ policy with actual and future matters, see pages 2 to 5)
(For the reasons of Fudge’s dismissal, see pages 6 and 7)
(Minister’s first speech to the Nation can be seen in page 8)


The front page of the 13th of August Daily Prophet was practically covered with a photograph of the new Minister for Magic working hard on her new office, writing a letter with her black eagle feather at a very fast pace. Her severe image helped to show the fact that she was going to act very seriously in her new position.

Harry was smiling while he read page four. Apparently, Scrimgeour had told the Minister (he had only presented for the post so that there would be a bigger chance of avoiding someone like Fudge to get the position, so he didn’t have any resentment towards Madam Bones) Dumbledore’s idea about a new prison, one that didn’t have to be guarded by Dementors to be secure, and she had accepted the idea, so one thing that would be made was to build a building in a secure island which would only be known by a few people, because Azkaban as a example of the best security had gone downhill since last winter’s breakout and, more recently, the attack in which the Dementors had rebelled and Malfoy Sr. and the others had escaped.

Harry knew that Amelia Bones was very strict, but also fair, like Professor McGonagall, so he was sure that, with her in charge, things would go far better than with Fudge.

But the best news had not arrived yet to Grimmauld Place: Dumbledore, in a meeting with the Minister, had managed to both make her join the ranks of the Order of the Phoenix and give it an official status that would be very useful for their work against the Death Eaters and other minions of Voldemort’s; and Mr. Weasley had thrown a bombshell at dinner when he told his family he had been promoted to Madam Bones’ old position, Head of the Magical Law Enforcement Department. Mrs. Weasley had fainted from the impression, and it took five minutes for her husband and children to wake her up from her situation.

Harry was happy for them, because if there was someone who deserved a big promotion, that one was Mr. Weasley, who had always worked hard in the Ministry even if some people didn’t want to recognize his proficiency.

Everybody in the house congratulated him and Sirius decided to throw a party to celebrate this great news on the very next day. With such short notice, it was a bit difficult to do anything, but the party was incredible: all the people in the house that knew how to cook — even Harry — made some of their special dishes for the occasion. A few Hogwarts’ professors that had taught Mr. Weasley when he was at school arrived to the party: Dumbledore, McGonagall, Flitwick and his older Muggle Studies professor, Mr. McCoy, who was very proud of his former student.

While in the party, Dumbledore approached Harry and told him: “Harry, Mr. Malfoy would like to meet you tomorrow. I told him you would be free by twelve o’clock.”

“Thanks, Professor.” Then, he went towards his friends and told them the new piece of information to talk with them about what he should do about it.

“If Professor Dumbledore believes Malfoy means no danger, I think you shouldn’t be extra-careful,” Hermione said, her logical mind in action. “Just try to talk with him about what he is going to do in the DA and that sort of things.”

“You should be careful about those Glimpering Gargoyles he has around. Maybe those are why he is so bad-behaved, and now he is trying to make them go away. I’m sure that when he manages to do that, we’ll find he is a nice person.”

Harry pretty much ignored the first half of the advice, but thought the second part could be true. He would just have to be careful with what he said to the blond boy.


~~~~***~~~~***~~~~***~~~~***~~ ~~***~~~~***~~~~***~~~~***~~~~***~~~~



“So, do you want to know about what we will be doing in the DA next year?” Harry asked Draco.

Both teenagers had been talking for more than an hour. They had just arrived to the Great Hall, in which they were going to have a meal (Harry had asked Professor Dumbledore to inform Mrs. Weasley and the others that he wouldn’t be able to arrive for lunch), and Harry sat between Draco Malfoy and his mother, who had finally recovered from her injuries.

For the previous hour, they had been talking about their lives and, while Draco had learnt that Harry’s was not a bed of roses, the dark haired boy heard that the blond’s life wasn’t as great as he was always proclaiming: his father hardly took notice of him while he was staying at home, as he spent nearly the whole time working on his own affairs, bribing Fudge or, more lately, taking Voldemort’s orders. Draco could always be given the best things in the market by his father, but obviously the only person that truly loved him was his mother, because the only times his father had ever talked with him was to spill on him that utterly rubbish — Draco had said those exact words — about Voldemort being so great and that he would rule the world with the Malfoys beside him, and that anybody who was not a pureblood shouldn’t be respected just because of their ancestry. When he was younger, Draco had asked him why it was like that, but with time he learnt that it was better to just swallow what his father said, because he went into a rage when he did that.

“Well,” Draco answered, “it would be nice to know what you have done so far, although I have to admit that my father made me practice during the summer to keep up with what he called ‘the family business’.”

“Being a Death Eater.” It was a statement, not a question.

“Exactly. I know he wanted me to join Voldemort, but now I can bet he is very pissed off.”

“Who? Your father or Voldemort?”

“Both.”

“I’d say that. Do you know if your father is able to take care of himself, now that both of you are gone?”

“Lucius has the house-elves,” Narcissa said, turning her head to the teenagers, “and he has access to all the money he has been collecting through the years with his business. That’s why the Dark Lord esteems him so much, because he is the biggest financial supporter of the Death Eaters.”

“Do you have access to the money, too?” Harry asked suddenly, conceiving what could be a big plan that would be a big help in the fight.

“Yes, to the most of it. But there is one vault Lucius hardly talks about, which I think is the one where he puts the money for the Dark Lord. Why?”

“Why don’t you open another account in the bank and put all the money in it? That way, you have your money but your husband does not. He may still have access to the money his business provides, but I’d bet he would have a very hard time trying to explain Voldemort where all the money went.”

Narcissa smiled. She was starting to like this boy. She had always heard from both her son and her husband about Harry, never in good words, but to her he was a fine young man that knew what to say in the right moment. His ideas were good, too, since she knew Lucius wouldn’t be able to take care of himself, and that would make him stop thinking about her and Draco.

“It’s a good idea, that one. Worthy of a true Slytherin.”

“I can tell you the Sorting Hat nearly put me in Slytherin, but I asked him to keep me out of there.”

Draco laughed. “Could you imagine what would have happened if you had ended with me?”

“I wouldn’t be able of think of something worse,” Harry joked. “Do you think you would be able to show me what you are able to do?”

“Yes. We could ask Professor Dumbledore if we can use the Defence Against the Dark Arts class.”

“Nah, I know something better. Remember where the DA met last year? That place is very nice for what we want to do; it can provide us with anything we want.”

“Good idea. Mother, we’ll come back soon,” Draco said. “If we are not back in an hour, send a search party for us.”

Narcissa chuckled.


~~~~***~~~~***~~~~***~~~~ ***~~~~***~~~~***~~~~***~~~~***~~~~***~~ ~~


Harry arrived tired at Grimmauld Place. Tired but happy. From what he had seen, Draco Malfoy was able to do nearly everything he had taught to the DA last year, except the Patronus Charm, which Draco had never learnt because his father thought it was useless and, besides that, he didn’t have very good memories to make the charm work. Harry had spent nearly an hour trying to show Draco what he should try to use to succeed in casting the Patronus, until he remembered that in his O.W.L.s he hadn’t used a memory, but a happy thought about the future.

Harry told Draco that, and in the end it worked perfectly: a silver mist went out of Draco’s wand and stayed in front of him for a few seconds before it dissolved itself. Harry cheered Draco telling him that he had been that far more or less at the same rate, and reminded him not to get down by that, because of how difficult the Patronus Charm was and that he should remember that it was very different when you had to face a Dementor. In the end, Harry and Draco had a mock-duel, in which both teenagers used lots of charms and spells on the other boy. Harry won the duel because he was able to dodge or block everything Draco casted, and could take him down because he relied only on magical shields that didn’t block physical things. Before leaving, Harry told Draco that he should improve his physical condition to improve his chances of winning in a duel, and suggested him to have a run everyday around the Black Lake, and then ask the Room of Requirement for some dummies that could help him work on his dodging ability and in his accuracy.

First thing Harry did when he arrived was to go upstairs to change his clothes and have a shower, because he was sweaty after all the exercise he had done. After that, he joined his friends, who were in the library. Since none of the older teenagers had any summer homework due to the O.W.L.s, they helped Ginny and Luna to finish their homework; then they did some light exercise with the machines Harry had bought while he told the others about his day with Draco. All of them were still at odds with the fact that Draco Malfoy wanted to be their friend and wanted to join the DA, especially Ron, who had always hated the Malfoy surname and everything attached with it, but that didn’t stop them from welcoming the new friendship.

Harry had not told them yet about the Founders’ weapons he had found in his vault, because he still felt the need of finding the last two people, those which would get the daggers and the flute, Cunning and Fellowship. Somehow he knew that he had met those two people, and that they studied at Hogwarts, but nothing more.


~~~~***~~~~***~~~~***~~~~***~ ~~~***~~~~***~~~~***~~~~***~~~~***~~~~


The next day, Harry once again took the Floo to Hogwarts to meet Professor Dumbledore for his daily lesson on elemental magic. It went really well, with Harry being able to control the water in the Black Lake to the point of nearly emptying it with his powers. He was also able to produce a little tornado and some earthquakes of low magnitude, but what he had really grasped was the concept of fire: he could provoke a big fire in the middle of the Forbidden Forest that didn’t burn a single piece of grass.

Dumbledore had told him that he was sure the young man would be able to start trying to summon his own elementals the next day. Harry was ecstatic after hearing that, and Ginny was the one who received the tail end of Harry’ happiness, not that she really wanted to complain about his enthusiasm.

After having lunch, Harry prepared his next Legilimency lesson. For the last week, Fabian hadn’t appeared because he had to cancel the lessons due to his mother’s health. Before going, Fabian had told Harry that he was becoming very proficient at Legilimency, but he was still far from his or Dumbledore’s level, and that he should still practice with his friends whenever they wanted.

Harry had laughed when Fabian let him see the three-headed argument between himself, Dumbledore and Snape about the latter’s Occlumency lessons with Harry. At first, Snape had expressed his doubts about the possibility of Harry even being able to put a wall around his thoughts, and the older men had made a practical demonstration on their combined attack of Harry, which had given a headache to the Potions master. After that, Fabian had started a big argument with Dumbledore for letting Snape use such a big force since day one and not telling Harry the slightest thing about proper mind shielding. While Dumbledore tried to placate him, Snape wouldn’t stop making snide remarks about Harry and his supposed inability for magic, but he was scolded each time by both Dumbledore and Fabian.

“Well, Harry, give it other try,” Fabian said. “I’m sure you are able to use enough force in your Legilimency to pry on my thoughts.”

“I think that’s the problem, Fabian. I don’t want to see your private memories, ‘cause I may be curious, but I’m not one for wanting to see what you don’t want me to see.”

“Well, just try to fight that. I know you do have enough self-control to stop you from watching a big deal of things.”

“OK. Legilimens!” Harry said, pointing his wand at Fabian.

Fabian’s idea of a well-protected place meant a big castle with high thick rock walls and big concrete houses to keep his thoughts closed. Harry knew that Fabian was very good when doing the same thing he had done in the first Occlumency lesson, dividing his mind in two parts to accomplish better results.

Harry decided to change his attacking plan: usually, he would attack the wall in a fast and swift movement, and after that he would get into the fortress and look for one house to break in. Instead, he chose to attack in a way Fabian surely would not expect.

Fabian knew there was something strange the moment Harry didn’t attack the moment he arrived, there was something he had not ever seen in his life since he had started with his training; it was like there was some kind of bird flying over him. When the bird started to fall down at a very high speed, he understood: Harry was trying to enter his mind avoiding the protections!

He chuckled, because he didn’t know his pupil was able to think of that, and ran to the point where Harry had landed, just in front of one of the houses in the middle of the fortress. A hard fight ensued the moment, and, surprisingly, Harry was able to fend off every attack from Fabian, push him out of the way, and manage to break into one of the houses. Harry was assaulted then by memories of a younger Fabian studying at Hogwarts, having fun with his friends at Hogsmeade town and having exams.

Harry retreated after that and went out of the fortress to cancel the Legilimency charm and have a talk with Fabian about the recent mind attack.

“Good one, Harry!” Fabian praised. “How did you manage to fly over my mental walls? I’ve never seen something like that in my life!”

“Well,” Harry said, with a smug smile, “I do have my little secrets, and wizards don’t let their secrets leak out, no?”

The older man laughed whole-heartedly at the joke Harry had pulled up: he knew that, in the Muggle world, illusionists did not tell a soul about how they did their tricks, and since the mind flying trick was new, he would have wanted to crack that joke.

“Anyway, that was really good. Now I’m wondering if you would like to add a new defence system to your mind. I know that your memories bank is very hard and difficult to get into, but if I know something about Voldemort, is that he is very likely to play unfairly, so he will always try to get some of his Death Eaters and attack you while using Legilimency on you.”

“What are you thinking about?” Harry asked.

“You would have to do a lot of work to make it work, but it is really worth it. I didn’t ever manage to use it, but one of my friends, Philip Ross, may he rest in peace, was an expert on that variation of Occlumency.

“First of all, you should make a big excavation under your bank, and make only one entrance, which should be kept in the bank. Do that later, because it’s not a little deal, and I’d rather have you listening intently to my idea.

“Second place, imagine the most complex labyrinth you can think of. Add all the obstacles you think would be helpful for that, but remember that anything that can hurt the attacker in the real world will not really work. Try with password-locked doors, big twists, even some invisible walls; those would do great in your labyrinth.

“Finally, put that labyrinth into that excavation, and hide your safe boxes in the labyrinth, the most important the deeper into the labyrinth. Remember to keep your Patronus memories’ box accessible to reach it easily when you need to cast a Patronus.”

Harry had listened intently to all the information Fabian had given him, and his grin started to grow as he started to develop something that would surely give Voldemort a big headache if he dared just to have a peek in his mind.


~~~~***~~~~***~~~~***~~~~***~ ~~~***~~~~***~~~~***~~~~***~~~~***~~~~


“Are you prepared, Harry?”

“Yes, Professor.”

“Start when you want to.”

Harry started to breathe deeply and concentrated in his own self. Harry and Professor Dumbledore had gone once again upstairs to the Four Point Room, the one where Harry’s elemental powers had been awakened weeks ago. Now, they were starting the ceremony in which Harry would be assigned his elementals. The forms couldn’t be chosen, since they always depended on the wizard’s personality and life, but Dumbledore had told him that all the elementals would look like animals Harry was comfortable with.

They started first with what Harry thought was his most powerful element, Fire. He was now facing south and had to chant something that although it made sense to him, was still a very strange thing the one he had to do.

Fire above the Sky, Fire under Earth, turn up here, reveal you! Your force can be mine, my life will help you! The fire into me will guide you to my presence!

At first, nothing of real importance happened. But then, from the windows that looked at the south, a ray of light entered, and the temperature inside the room raised slightly enough to make Harry start to sweat from the heat.

Slowly, four balls made of something the young man had never seen entered floating through the windows and at the same slow pace landed in front of Harry. He was reminded of the light beam that had connected his and Voldemort’s wand fourteen months ago, and it shook him a bit in spite of knowing that thing was far away in time.

Then, the balls started to take form with slowness, and Harry was impressed to see which forms they were taking, in a miniature size: from left to right, in first place, a black dragon with a bronze spiked tail, which was called Hungarian Horntail, roared with enthusiasm; the second to the left had the very recognizable and familiar form of a red phoenix, which looked a lot like Fawkes, but it wasn’t exactly like him, rather a bit more dishevelled on its head; second to the right, something that, without a doubt, Hagrid would have loved to see: Fluffy, the three-headed dog that had took care of the trap door that covered the entrance that lead to the Philosopher’s Stone, was barking like mad with joy; finally, the fourth one was an animal Harry had always dreaded to see every time he crossed paths with them, due to how dangerous they were: a Blast-Ended Skrewt.

“Damn, I thought Hagrid would have got ridden of those for good,” Harry said, pointing at the last elemental that had appeared.

Dumbledore laughed softly at that. “Well, I do believe our dear grounds keeper does still have one, hidden here in Hogwarts. If I am correct, it is the same one you fought on the third task of the Triwizard Tournament.

“As you see, all of them have taken forms that are very familiar with you, but don’t worry; neither of them will hurt you. You do have to give them names, so that if you want to call one of them specifically, you can do it.”

“Names? Now that’s something Hagrid would love,” Harry said, grinning.

“Indeed, Harry. When you have thought of the names, point your wand at them and think of that name while drawing a circle around him. That should be useful enough to make each of them turn up when you call them.”

Harry thought about it hard, and in a few minutes the Hungarian Horntail was named “Drake”, the phoenix “Clark”, the dog “Cerberus” and the Skrewt “Rusty”. Last name was not one he had chosen for a good reason; he just felt it was good for it.

Next thing he called for was Air, so he said, turning to the East: “Air around Men, Air inside us, come here, show up yourself! I need to breathe you, you live within me! The air into me will guide you to my presence!

This time, a strong wind blew through the East windows, strong enough to make the two wizards stumble while trying to keep balance and, if they hadn’t been enough heavy, the banners would have flown as well.

Another four balls of energy entered with the wind and landed again in front of the younger wizard, and turned again into four miniature animals: a lemon-sized yellow bird which reminded Harry of a Snitch; a proud brown Hippogriff; a white owl which resembled Hedwig a lot; and a Thestral, a black winged horse with a sinister face, that was only seen if you had seen someone die.

“Wow! I’m starting to like these elementals!”

“I’d say that too, if I had such beautiful elementals myself. You should do the christening now, and face them later when you have more time.”

Soon, the golden bird (a golden Snidget, which was what Seekers looked for in a Quidditch match until the Golden Snitch was found) was called “Seek”, the Hippogriff “Bucky”, the owl “Archimedes” and the Thestral “Pegasus”.

“We have still got to go for Water and Earth, Harry. You can call them back any moment, but for the moment we can stop with this. I’m sure you want to spend the most possible time with your friends, especially Miss Weasley,” Dumbledore said, his eyes twinkling as usual. Harry blushed, but complied and then faced West, from where he had to summon his Earth elementals.

Earth under me, Earth out of the Earth, rise among us, spread between people! Your support helps me to live, you need me to spread you! The earth into me will guide you to my presence!

A slight earthquake started to shake the tower and the whole school too, but it could only be felt at great heights, and that was where both Harry and Dumbledore were in that moment. Harry saw, astonished, how the earthquake shook everything in his sight, and was even more surprised when the four energy balls came, not through the windows, but through the floor, although it still came from the west side.

The four balls switched into four animals that Harry, in part, had come to love since they meant a lot to him: a black-furred dog, a grey wolf, a stag and a vixen. Those were the vivid images of Sirius, Remus (in his werewolf form), his father (like Prongs) and his mum (in her Animagus form). They brought him a few tears to his eyes, but he composed him before he started crying a lot. Naturally, these were the easiest to name: the dog would be “Padfoot”, the wolf “Moony”, the stag “Prongs” and the vixen “Rose”. The last one was a bit difficult, since his mum didn’t have a Marauder name he had heard of, but knowing that his mum was named after a flower, what could be better than another flower to name the elemental with her Animagus form?

“I wish my parents were here to see this,” Harry whispered. He thought it was very low-voice, but Dumbledore heard him and answered,

“They are here, Harry. Don’t you remember what Sirius said the night he came back? That they were proud of you, and that they would be always watching you from the Other Side.”

“I know,” Harry said in the same tone, “but I still wish they were here with me.”

“You may not be able to reach them physically,” Dumbledore said, standing beside him, “but you can always find them here,” he said, placing his hand over Harry’s heart, “whenever you want.”

Harry nodded, feeling a bit sad, and faced north to ask for the last elementals, the Water ones. These would be the last ones, and he would not need to do more work on his elemental abilities, apart from training with the elementals.

Water from the sky, Water from the soil, flow your way, until you appear! My vital force is tied to you, yours to me! The water into me will guide you to my presence!

As soon as the words left Harry’s mouth, it started to rain. Hagrid, who at that moment was outside of his hut, was surprised by a heavy rain when minutes before a sunny day was giving him a lot of heat and he had had to put off his big fur jacket. When it was obvious the weather was not a fake, Hagrid decided to run back to the hut with Fang running close to him and closing themselves into the house.

Harry was waiting patiently for the last four elementals to enter the Four Point Room, and finally they did that, shaping later into a boa, a male siren, a squid, and a turtle. Last one was related to one of the very few good memories he had from living with the Dursleys: he really liked to take care of the turtle the Dursleys had in their home, and he also liked the feeling of having the turtle walking slowly on his hand while trying to reach the food Harry gave her.

He decided to call the boa “Braze”, the squid “Edgar” and the siren “Mark”. That reminded him of that American writer whose nickname came from something sailors said in the Mississippi river, so the turtle went with the name “Twain”.

When Harry told his mentor what names he had chosen for each elemental, he smiled, especially with the names of the siren and the turtle.

“It’s good to see you have some sense of humour.”

“Well, life without humour wouldn’t be interesting, don’t you think so?” Harry said, grinning.

“I’d say that. Now, you will have to work with your elementals, assigning them different chores. Try to send something to your friends and let tell them you later what they think.”

Harry, with a big grin, Conjured a white rose, wrote a little note and asked Rose to take it to Ginny. When she came back, she told Harry that the girl had liked the unexpected present a lot.

“I do believe they’ll do great, sir.”

“I expect that, Harry. Now, off with you. I believe Miss Weasley will like to thank you for the present you sent her.”

Harry blushed again and let a chuckling Dumbledore direct him to the fireplace and he Floo’d straight to “Grimmauld Place!”


~~~~***~~~~***~~~~***~~~~** *~~~~***~~~~***~~~~***~~~~***~~~~***~~~~


The day before having to depart to Hogwarts School, Harry was reflecting in his bedroom about the incredible summer he had had after coming back to Privet Drive number 4.

First, he had learnt that Hermione had been kidnapped by Bellatrix Lestrange while having a walk in the park and then had been rescued by Ron, who had afterwards told her what everybody save her had always know, that he was in love with her. Then, Sirius had came back from wherever he had gone after going through the veil and had said a monologue in which everybody had got a message from Harry’s parents, and after one last week with the Dursleys, Harry was now living with his godfather and would never have to see his hated aunt, uncle, and cousin again. Then he had talked with Ginny and, after a heated and passionate kiss, they had officially become a couple. After that, the Toad-Woman Umbridge had been charged and imprisoned for all the awful things she had done while “teaching” at Hogwarts and, in the same day, Harry discovered that he was a descendant of the Four Founders of Hogwarts and had some great powers that would help him a lot when he had to fight Voldemort in the future to fulfil the Prophecy.

Before his birthday, he had been surprised when Dumbledore told him that Draco Malfoy, his former enemy, had turned his back on his father and Voldemort next to the impeachment to Fudge which had resulted into the choosing of Madame Bones as new Minister for Magic, and then he had visited a vault which was his due to his condition of Heir of the Four and had learnt the true reasons behind the separation of Salazar Slytherin from the other three Founders. He had been training to control his powers since he learnt his inheritance, but without neglecting other aspects of his life, like his sixteenth birthday, which had turned rather ugly when Voldemort’s rage attacked him through the scar that linked both of them since the dark wizard used the Avada Kedavra on him without success.

Everything had culminated a few hours ago into a nice dinner, in which everybody was talking animatedly about what the future would hold for them. Fortunately, Voldemort had decided not to attack until he was sure to reinforce his army, something that gave the Wizarding world both a break and more time to reinforce them too. Unlike what Fudge would have surely done, Madame Bones was working hard to make everything on her hand to improve the situation. So far, she had arranged for the Auror Training Program to accept more recruits and to concentrate the studying in two years instead of three; she had also revoked a few laws regarding the most ostracized sector of the population. For example, some of the anti-werewolf laws that prevented them from having jobs had just been ruled out to try and attract them to the Ministry’s side, which would also help Remus with his money issues. The giants had been approached by some Ministry people, and the goblins had been convinced to join the war against Voldemort.

He was aware of the fact that there were still the Death Eaters and those beings that supported them, like the giants that had been approached by Voldemort last year or the most vicious werewolves, but those were a minimal part of the big group.

Yeah, things are looking up now, Harry thought to himself, before going to sleep peacefully.


~~~~***~~~~***~~~~***~~ ~~***~~~~***~~~~***~~~~***~~~~***~~~~*** ~~~~


Sorry it took so long for me to finish this, but I was very busy with my studies and I hardly could do a lot of work on this without cutting my studying time. I expect you will forgive me for the delay.

This is the explanation of the names of the elementals: Drake is a form similar to the Latin word for dragon, “Draco”; Clark comes from Clark Kent a.k.a. Superman; Cerberus is the dog that guards the doors to Hell in Greek mythology (I know that it sounds strange that while a normal dog is an Earth elemental, a three-headed one is a Fire elemental, but since between Christians Hell is considered to be full of fire, it sounded good to me); Seek comes from Harry’s position, Seeker; Bucky it’s like Beaky (Buckbeak’s nickname as given by Hagrid), but with the first half of the Hippogriff instead of the second; Archimedes is the name of Merlin’s owl in the film The Sword and the Stone; Pegasus is very obvious, as well as the four Earth elementals; Braze stands for Brazil, the place from where the boa in Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone came from; Edgar was the giant squid’s name in one fanfiction I read some time ago; Mark is a name similar to Murcus, the Merchieftainess in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire; and Twain makes, alongside with Mark, the name of Mark Twain, the famous American writer.

I sincerely expect you have liked the chapter. Now, you’ll have a long wait ‘till chapter thirteen strikes, “Platform Nine and Three-Quarters: the Fifth arrives”!

P.S: Vote for the Alhambra at www.new7wonders.com!!!
Reviews 223
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear