Search:

SIYE Time:13:05 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter and the Unexpected Visitor
By Milarqui

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:All
Genres: Action/Adventure, Comedy, Fluff
Warnings: Disturbing Imagery
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 223
Summary: Harry James Potter has come back to Privet Drive after his abysmal fifth year at Hogwarts School of Wizardry and Witchcraft, as Albus Dumbledore asked him to do. There, he mourns around everything that happened the last months, especially his Godfather's death, but all will change when someone he did not expect comes...

The author has stated this story will not be continued. SIYE
Hitcount: Story Total: 176735; Chapter Total: 7072





Author's Notes:
Summary: After rebuilding the ROR, Harry shows the DA that even Muggle games can teach you something important. Then the group discovers a room that is hidden between the four common rooms. They finally find the Musician of the Prophecy, and the new room sets them for something really interesting.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter 17
Sometimes New Lessons Are The Best Ones


“Tell me once more why I am repairing this wall,” Ron said, using Wingardium Leviosa to hover a stone block and to put it back on the wall that Ginny had destroyed the day before.

“Because when I asked you if you wanted to help Harry and Ginny to repair the Room of Requirement and I said that I was going to study the charms the Founders used on it, you said yes,” Hermione reminded him for the tenth time, while she lifted other block and filled a space next to Ron’s block.

Harry rolled his eyes. Ron had been whining about it for more than one hour, but he — Ron — shouldn’t really say a thing since he had eagerly accepted Hermione’s offer — which Harry suspected had been accompanied with other offer that only she would have pulled.

The first thing they had done was mark the place in which the door was and then they had repaired all the stone blocks that had been — at least — partially unscathed. Harry had to conjure a few extra blocks because some of the old ones had been powdered, literally.

“Just be glad we are only repairing the wall,” Neville said. After he and Luna had gotten out of the closet with their hair and clothes in complete disarray, they had managed to avoid all the Professors while they went to the kitchens — since they had missed lunch and dinner, and their ‘activities’ had left them really tired — and then he had escorted her to her Common Room before coming back to his. When he had heard what had happened to Ginny and Harry, he had been laughing a lot, but had promised his help in the rebuilding of the Room. “At least we have a stupidly powerful wizard right here who is going to be the one to repair the charms, which if I am not mistaken, really suck up a lot of magic,” he informed.

“Gee, thanks, Nev,” Harry snorted.

“Don’t worry a lot about it, Harry,” Ginny replied, smiling. “You will have us the whole time, and we will do anything you need us to do.”

Harry smiled back, and then looked at the wall, which was now nearly complete. “Does anybody know what Draco is doing?”

“He said something about Susan Bones asking him for help with Potions,” Luna said, flicking her wand and levitating another block.

Ron snorted and started to sing: “Draco and Susan…”

Harry continued, “Sitting in a tree…”

The two friends sang at the same “K-I-S-S-I-N-G!”

“First comes love…” Neville offered, chuckling.

“Then comes marriage…” Ginny added with a smile.

“Then comes Draco with a baby carriage!” With that, the four fell to the floor and started to roll and laugh as hard as they could.

“Very mature,” Hermione said, rolling her eyes but smiling in spite of her. “I think that they could be a good couple. Draco certainly needs someone to help him to recover from his life.”

“Oy, ‘Mione, you don’t have to be like that,” Ron replied, smiling and standing up. “I also think that they look nice together. I’ve noticed he really sweetens whenever she is near.”

Everybody else looked at Ron surprised.

“What? Do I have something on my face?” he asked, confused.

“No, it’s what you just said is the most insightful thing you have ever said in your life,” Hermione said with an impish smile. That was what they needed to fall laughing again.


hpgw***rwhg***hpgw***rwhg*** hpgw***rwhg***hpgw***rwhg***hpgw***rwhg



“Hey, guys, look at this,” Harry said. Ron and Hermione ran to Harry’s side.

It was now the Monday after the Male Veela Prank — which was how everyone had called the prank the Weasley brothers had pulled on Harry — and Harry and his friends were relaxing in the common room after having dinner. Harry was reading the book about the construction of Hogwarts, Ginny was engrossed with one of Harry’s books about Defence, and Ron had managed to talk Hermione into playing chess. Neville was out, probably having been snagged by Luna to have some fun ‘exploring’ the diverse broom cupboards in the whole school. Harry didn’t wish to find any details about what they were truly doing.

“Look, this page talks about the room the Founders used to meet each other during school year. Apparently, each of the Founders was the first Head of each House, which is why the houses are named after them. Well, Ravenclaw had this idea of building a room that was connected to all the common rooms, which have not been moved ever.”

“Wicked!” Ron said.

“And where does the book says the entrance to this room is?” Ginny asked.

“Doesn’t say a thing; only that they hid it and the room would only be opened for the Founders, their descendants or the Headmasters but if it is in the common rooms… I think…” Harry stood up and went towards the fireplace and started to search carefully. In the end, he found a little Griffin engraved on its left side. Harry touched it and a runic inscription appeared where the Griffin stood.

“Pst, Hermione!” Harry said. “Could you please try to translate this? You know I have no idea about Runes.”

“OK! Just give me a few minutes, this set of Runes is very complicated,” she said. She took a parchment, in which she copied the whole set, and then spent twenty minutes trying to make a translation, needing a dictionary for a few runes she had not been taught yet.

“Done!” she said. “These runes were really old, and I had to make some approximations for some words, but I think I’ve done it as precise as possible.”

Harry thanked his friend and leaned to read the document from behind Hermione’s shoulder.

Congratulations, student,
For your discovery.
This place marks the lead
To the Lair of the Founders.
In order to see it
And find the big knowledge
Your ancestors stored
Follow the clues and
Remember what you must never do
In this great school.


“Great, an enigma! And this is worse than the one in the Triwizard Tournament!” Ron exclaimed.

“Well, it seems pretty clear to me,” Ginny said. “We have to find a password and we will find the entrance to the Lair, and this password is related to something you must never do in Hogwarts.”

“There are many things you must never do at Hogwarts, though,” Hermione said.

“Yeah, like breaking the rules,” Ron said with a laugh.

“What’s the matter?”

Neville had just arrived from his rendezvous with Luna.

“Read this and judge yourself,” Hermione told him giving him the parchment, which Neville read fast.

“Who found this and where? Maybe this ‘clue’ they talk about is the place where you found it.”

“Look here, Nev,” Harry said, pointing to the fireplace and touching the runes, which made the Griffin appear again.

“Hey, this Griffin looks a lot like the one in the school’s coat of arms, no?” Neville suggested.

“Yeah, that could be the clue,” Harry said.

“The only things that appear in the coat of arms are the mascots, the name of the school and the motto, ‘Draco dormiens nunquam titillandum’,” Hermione said

’Draco dormiens nunquam titillandum’?” Harry asked, confused, leaning on the fireplace.

Hermione would have replied, but she was cut off when the fireplace bonfire suddenly turned off, and then moved slowly to a side, revealing a big corridor behind it.

“Oh, my, we have just found the passage to the Lair,” Ron said. “But what does the school’s motto have to do with that about something you must never do?”

“’Draco dormiens nunquam titillandum’ means ‘Never tickle a sleeping dragon’ in Latin,” Hermione replied. “That must have been what whoever wrote that on the fireplace talked about.”

“I think we should explore the Lair before it gets too late,” Harry proposed. “That way, we can tell Draco and we can meet this weekend.”

“True, mate,” Ron said.

“How is it possible that no one noticed this?” Ginny asked, looking at the numerous people that were still talking and had not looked once at them.

“Magic,” Harry said cheekily. Everybody chuckled. “Shall we go, then?”

“Right behind you, oh kind sir,” Ron said with a mock-bow. Harry smacked him on the head and carefully entered the corridor, using a wandless Lumos to light the way, while his friends did the same with their wands.

“Found anything interesting, Harry?” Ginny said.

“There is one door here,” Harry told his friends. “It has Hogwarts’ crest on it. Shall we go in?”

“We shall,” everybody else said at the same time.

Harry pushed the door and entered the room with his friends behind him. What they saw left them astonished.

The room they were in right now was very big, with an octagonal shape which was repeated in the table, which had eight chairs. The table in itself was made of a pure white marble that shone at the light of the torches that lit that moment, and had a compass rose drawn on its centre. There were eight doors, including the one they had just entered through: the one on the south had a lion, the one on the west had a badger, the one on the north had a snake, and the one on the east had a raven.

The other four doors had other things drawn: the south-west door had an angel, the north-west door had a chalice, the north-east door had a silvery disc and the south-east door had a fox.

The walls were half covered with book-filled shelves, all of them looked very old, but were in very good shape, perhaps because it had been a long time since someone had stepped into the room and had taken one of those books. The rest of the walls had some tapestries with landscapes, which had been beautifully done.

Ron whistled.

“It’s incredible, all of this. We will be able to meet with the others with no one being none the wiser.”

“Yeah, and there are so many books…” Hermione’s look had turned dreamy at the sight of new books she could read.

“I believe that those doors,” Harry said, pointing to the main cardinal point doors, “go to the common rooms, but where do you believe the other doors lead?”

“Let’s explore a bit,” Ginny said, walking to the nearest door to her — the one with the angel — and opening it. She gasped.

It was a big bedroom that had a king-sized bed with golden hangings and blood red sheets, with portraits and paintings hanging from the walls of the room, and two elegant ebony bedside tables.

There was one door on the side, which led to a wonderful bathroom, whose bath, washbasin and floor were made entirely of marble, and those also had taps like the Prefects bathroom in the fifth floor.

“Any guess on who’s this is?” Hermione asked.

“Gryffindor, of course,” Harry replied, pointing at the bed. “I’d bet that the other rooms are also bedrooms with the colours of each of the houses.”

And it was like that.


hpgw***rwhg***hpgw***rwhg***h pgw***rwhg***hpgw***rwhg***hpgw***rwhg


“So,” Draco said the next day, “you say there is a way to go from Slytherin’s common room from Gryffindor’s?”

“Yes. It is a room that was where the Founders and their spouses discussed every night what they were doing. It also houses their old bedrooms, and it leads to the four common rooms. I suspect that was done so that they could reach each other and the students easily,” Harry said.

“Do you think we could meet there safely?” Draco asked.

“Yes. Oh, and Draco, I need your help for something that requires from your knowledge of the pureblood world.”

“What is it?” he asked.

“There is this… important thing that I need to do, and I need help from someone special that I don’t know who she is,” Harry said.

“We are talking about a girl?”

“Yes. I know two things about her: she is at Hogwarts right now, and she is a pureblood descendant from some noble family from the Middle Ages or the Renaissance. Feel up to take the mission?”

“Sorry, Harry, but I don’t have the slightest idea about that,” Draco replied. “But maybe my mother can help us. She studied the pureblood families when she was here at Hogwarts, hoping to find the ‘better half of herself’ that could satisfy my grandparents. I’m sure she would remember either what she found or what book could help us to find that.”

“That would be nice,” Harry smiled. “Now let’s get to Potions before someone thinks we are trying to kill each other.”

Draco snorted and smirked, following his friend to the dungeons.


hpgw***rwhg***hpgw***rwhg ***hpgw***rwhg***hpgw***rwhg***hpgw***rw hg


“Welcome back to the Defence Association!” Harry said to the Beginners’ class

The day after the discovery of the Founders Lair, it was once more time to come back to routine, and Harry’s included restarting the DA, which had been cancelled the Sunday before due to the destruction of the Room of Requirement, but now that it had been repaired, they would be able to hold meetings again.

“First thing in today’s order,” he said in a loud voice, enough to make himself heard to the hundreds of students that had accepted his leadership and guidance; “is that I am proud of all of you. You have learnt how to guard yourselves from low and medium-level spells and curses, how to distract your opponent and how to use a few attack spells that will help you in a battle.

“But today, I have decided that you will learn a new thing you can do. You’ll learn to dodge.”

Confusion stroke among the students. “Don’t we already know how to protect ourselves?” someone asked.

“You may have learnt to use magical shields,” Harry admitted, “but there are things that can’t be stopped, like the Unforgivables. Also, casting shields is truly draining, and you may want to store that energy for attacking and incapacitating your opponents. So, you’ll learn to dodge. Has anybody here ever played dodge ball?”

A quarter of the group raised their hands, all of them Muggle-borns or half-bloods. Seeing the ‘success’, Harry explained them the objective of dodge ball, which was to dodge the ball to avoid being hit and to throw the ball to hit the other teams.

“So, right now, you will be divided into teams of ten people each. Each two teams will fight each other, trying to beat the other team. This way, you will practice avoiding something that it is thrown at you and get some physical exercise. Understood?” Everybody nodded and then Harry made the teams randomly.

While everybody was moving, Harry realised that all the students were also having fun playing a game that not a lot of them had played. The ones who were having best success were the ones that played Quidditch regularly or played the game in their Muggle schools, while the others were knocked out soon.

After half an hour all the matches had finished, and everybody declared they had had a very good time playing. Harry congratulated the students, and then he asked the Room of Requirement to make some showers appear for everybody, which it did. The DA hit the showers, and when they came out, Harry showed them how to use a Cutting Curse (‘Diffindo’) in a proficient way.

“The thing I have to stress the most,” Harry said in a serious tone, “is that you are not to use this curse on anybody that isn’t poised to be a threat. If you point to someone’s head or chest, you could easily kill them, no matter if you were doing it as a joke or if you were angry with that person. If I ever catch someone using the Cutting Curse out of this place, or even here on a person, said someone will find himself expelled from Hogwarts and with his wand snapped, which I will look for personally. Is that understood?”

“Yes, Professor,” everybody chorused.

“OK. Now, use the curse on the wooden blocks the room has provided for us. Try to make a gash as big as possible. All of you will be magically isolated so that no stray curses hit anybody else,” Harry said, waving both hands to create the nearly one hundred and thirty individual wards that would protect the students, something that took him ten minutes and a lot of his magical reserves, which he thankfully would be able to recover when he arrived to his room, where he had stored a few potions that could help him, like some Pepper-up Potion, a Dreamless Sleep Potion and also some pain numbing potions if he ever had a vision about Voldemort.

In the end, all the students had no problem with learning the curse, knowing that if they ever were in front of a Death Eater, it could very well mean the difference between life or death, something that Harry had stressed well enough since their first day.


hpgw***rwhg***hpgw***rwhg***hp gw***rwhg***hpgw***rwhg***hpgw***rwhg



The day after, Draco gave Harry a list of all the possible candidates to ‘whatever you are looking for’.

“It was a bit difficult, but I think this covers all the girls who are descendants of nobles in the Renaissance.”

The list was really short, since it only covered three girls: Orla Quirke, a third-year Ravenclaw; a second-year Gryffindor called Kate Garnett and Susan Bones.

“OK, Draco. I’ll tell you later what is going on, I promise. Try to enter the Founders’ Lair tonight at nine thirty and you’ll know if I have found what I wanted.”

“See you later,” Draco said.


hpgw***rwhg***hpgw***rwhg***h pgw***rwhg***hpgw***rwhg***hpgw***rwhg


“Susan?” Harry asked to the Hufflepuff girl in that afternoon’s DA meeting. “I need you to stay behind before you go back to your common room.”

“OK, Harry,” she replied, unsure of why Harry would want to talk with her alone.

When everybody left save from Harry, his friends and Susan, the latter asked, “What’s the matter, Harry?”

“I need you to cast this charm, Revello Anima.”

“Why?”

“Just humour me, please. There are no moves needed for this charm.”

Susan nodded, unsure of what was happening, but did what Harry had asked her. Within seconds, what Harry had been waiting for happened.

Harry remembered what Trelawney’s last prophecy said, and he had made the connection between his friends and the animals mentioned in it, so maybe the last person in the prophecy would also have an Animagus form.

“Oh!” Susan exclaimed when a silver adult unicorn materialised in front of her.

“It’s her, guys. We have found the last person,” Harry whispered to his friends.

“What do we tell her, then?” Ginny asked.

“Tell her about the Lair, and we will tell her everything else tonight,” Hermione suggested.

Harry nodded and went to Susan.

“Susan, listen to me carefully, because this is very important. Are you willing to keep a secret with you?”

“Just as long as it is not something bad, I’ll do that.”

“OK. Tonight, we are meeting at nine thirty in a secret place that can be accessed easily from all the common rooms, so Filch won’t be able to catch us out of bounds. You have to go to the fireplace in your room, say the school’s motto and go through the passage you will find. In the meeting, I will answer every question you have, but I can’t now. Do you think you can do that?”

“Yes,” Susan said, simply.


hpgw***rwhg***hpgw***rwhg***hpgw***rwh g***hpgw***rwhg***hpgw***rwhg


At nine twenty, Harry, Ginny, Ron, Hermione and Neville entered the secret room so that they could prepare everything for their meeting with Draco and Susan. In the main room, they met Luna, and between the six of them they made some arrangements, which included putting over the table the transcriptions of all the prophecies Professor Trelawney had made, Harry’s too-many-times-used genealogical tree and factfinder, Harry’s Pensieve and the letter Godric Gryffindor himself had written — of course, only Harry would be able to read it, but it would be helpful.

What the others didn’t know was that Harry was going to show his friends the weapons and armours he had found in the Founders’ vault in Gringotts. He wished them to train with him, and be protected the best they could.

At nine thirty-five, knocks were heard from Slytherin’s and Hufflepuff’s doors.

“Come in,” Harry said.

Draco and Susan entered the room, and their first reaction was to let their jaws down, due to the surprise the beautifulness of the room had given them. Then Draco noticed Susan had arrived.

“Susan! What are you doing here?”

“Same as you, Draco,” Harry informed him. “I have called both of you to be here because there is something important I have to tell you. Please, sit down,” he continued, pointing to the last two free seats.

Once they had sat down, Harry started to speak.

“Do you know why Voldemort has been trying to kill me for the last five years?”

After an awkward silence, Draco was the first to speak.

“Well, excuse me if what I am going to say discomforts any of you, but I just thought he just wished to finish the job he started when he killed your parents.”

Harry gave a dry chuckle.

“I wish. No, Voldemort has been trying to kill me for the last five years because I was the prime objective of his visit to my parents’ house.”

“But, why? Why would V-Voldemort” — Susan, as well as the other members of the Defence Association, were getting better at saying Voldemort, but they still shivered a little whenever the name was said — “want to kill a defenceless one-year old boy?”

“Apart from being a sadistic bastard, you mean? It was like this. What do you think of Trelawney?”

“I didn’t choose for Divination, fortunately. I just know from the others in my year that she is a big fraud,” Draco said.

“I just think she is a bit obsessed with your death, Harry,” Susan observed. “Even now you are not there she is still saying you will die, probably in a very painful way.”

Harry rolled his eyes.

“You may be surprised when I tell you that she really has the powers of a true Seer.”

“Are you talking seriously?” Draco asked.

Instead of replying, Harry pulled a memory out of his mind and put it into the Pensieve, where it played the prophecy that had sealed his destiny when Voldemort heard the first part of it.

“The funny thing about this prophecy is that it could have been Neville.”

“Difficult to believe, but I do believe you,” Susan said.

Draco only nodded.

Harry then explained to the two of them about Voldemort having only heard the first half of the Prophecy, Wormtail selling his parents, the fact that Sirius spent so much time in Azkaban for something he had not done, a slight summary of his life at the Dursleys, and the encounters he had had with Voldemort his first two years.

“The last day of exams, when we had the Divination test, Trelawney made a new prophecy, one about the Dark Lord raising again after his servant got free after twelve years of imprisonment. With Buckbeak’s trial having being done that same afternoon, we didn’t give thought to it, but after we got Sirius and Buckbeak free, I realised that it had been talking about Pettigrew, who had been disguising as Ron’s rat since Voldemort disappeared the first time.”

“That rat of yours was Pettigrew?” Susan asked to Ron.

“It was Percy’s first. None of us found strange the fact that he lived so much until we found out about Pettigrew being an Animagus,” Ginny said.

“Yeah, well, the problem was that in the end it was Pettigrew the one who helped Voldemort to come back, and he used bones from Voldemort’s father, then he cut his own hand off and then he took some of my blood.”

Harry related then the duel between himself and Voldemort, then the incident with the Dementors and a few things that had happened during the last year. Susan was privy of a part of them through her aunt, and Draco through his father, but none of them knew about the Department of Mysteries, the Hall of Prophecies of the fact that Sirius had fallen through the Veil just to come back through Stonehenge and then travel as Padfoot to Surrey in hopes of finding Harry, or that Dumbledore had known the Prophecy for so much time and he hadn’t told Harry.

Then Harry displayed his genealogical tree.

“Any of you ever heard of the Magical Ancestry Ritual?”

“I have,” Draco replied. “It is a custom in the Malfoy family to use that ritual to determine both the power of their children and if there is a possibility of them to inherit from other magical families. My tree had twenty-eight generations, which according to my father is a rather good one, and he said his had thirty-two.”

“Well, if you wish to have a look at mine…” Harry said, turning the map so that Draco and Susan could read it.

“Oh… Merlin. You have SEVENTY GENERATIONS?!!!” Draco shouted.

“Could you say that louder? I think there is a deaf person in Australia that hasn’t heard what you said,” Ron said, snorting.

“Sorry, but it is still amazing the fact that Harry is so powerful that his tree shows seventy generations of people,” Draco said, while Hermione explained to Susan — who had not understood well what was the matter with the number of generations — that with the ritual, the more generations it showed, the more powerful the wizard was.

“And just compare it with Dumbledore’s, his has sixty-five,” Ginny said, smugly.

That made Susan’s and Draco’s jaws to drop, sensation that was incremented ten-fold when Harry showed them his powers, first through the fact-finder, then in person: he made some wandless and wordless magic, he showed them the spells he had developed, he pulled his elementals out and finally did some Parselmagic that gave them the willies, since they only could hear some hissing.

Finally, Harry arrived to the crux of the matter, the reason because he had asked them to come here, the last prophecy.

“At the start of the year, Dumbledore asked me to go to his office to talk about why I had been appointed as a Professor and about the attack at Platform Nine and Three Quarters. I told him everything and then Professor Trelawney appeared into the office. She and Professor Dumbledore argued a bit and suddenly she got in trance and she made other prophecy. Listen,” and Harry put the memory into the Pensieve. The image of the batty Divination Professor slowly substituted the silvery one.

They who gather together,
They who can beat the Dark Lord,
They who are eight friends,
Four boys and four girls:

The Leader is the Chosen One, the Heir,
The Bravery is his banner,
The Phoenix his herald.

The Healer is the Soul Mate, the Seventh,
The Medicine is her banner,
The Lioness her herald.

The Axeman is the Brother, the Strategist,
The Strength is his banner,
The Tiger his herald.

The Archer is the Sister, the Scholar,
The Accuracy is her banner,
The Vixen her Herald.

The Swordsman is the Other One, the Green Lord,
The Agility is his banner,
The Bear his herald.

The Seer is the Bonded, the Loner,
The Foresight is her banner,
The Owl her herald.

The Assassin is the Former Enemy, the Nobleman,
The Cunning is his banner,
The Dragon his herald.

The Musician is the New Friend, the Noblewoman,
The Companionship is her banner,
The Unicorn her herald.

Work together they must,
To make the Darkness recede,
Or it will win against Light
And make it disappear.


“That’s why I needed to see your Animagus form, Susan,” Harry said when the memory ended.

“I am a unicorn?” Susan said, breathless.

“Yeah. The eight of us are mentioned in the prophecy, and the animals in there are our Animagus forms. Well, I do have more than one form, but that’s not relevant to this. As you can imagine, I am the Phoenix, Ginny is the Lioness, Ron the Tiger, Hermione the Vixen, Neville the Bear, Luna the Owl and Draco the Dragon.

“And as you have heard, we need to work together so that we can beat Voldemort in the near future. All of you are going to be needed in the fight, and you will be in very important places.”

“Harry, I do have a question. Why does it say that I am ‘the Assassin’? And why is Susan ‘the Musician’?” Draco asked.

“Oh, that. Well, this is something I haven’t told anybody yet, only Sirius and Dumbledore know about this. I received in inheritance a vault that was the property of the Founders and their husbands and wives. There were a few things in that vault that are connected to the Prophecy and to each of you.”

Harry pulled his trunk out of his pocket and then enlarged it, so that he could take the armours and weapons out of it.

“What are those, mate? It really looks medieval, like those armours in the corridors.”

“These are the weapons the Founders wore when they had to fight in their army,” Harry explained. “If you remember the Prophecy, when each of us is mentioned, it says that we have a place in the battleground. The eight armours are made of a metal called mythril, which is more resistant than Basilisk hide, and very light, too.”

“And which weapon is going to each of us, Harry?” Neville asked.

“Ginny, you have the staff with the snake. Ron, you will use the axe. Hermione, you get the bow and quiver. Neville, I believe your weapons are those double swords in the third dummy to the left. Luna has the staff with the crystal orb on the top. Draco gets the daggers, and Susan the flute. Sorry, Susan.”

“No problem, Harry. I always liked music.”

“Should we put on the armours?” Ron asked.

“Yeah, that way we will know if it suits us,” Harry said. The girls entered the bedrooms to get changed, and the boys did the same in the corridors. When everybody came back, they were truly magnificent with their armours and with their weapons either hanging from their backs or waists or using them as walking sticks.

“Wicked, Hermione, you really look good in that. With two pointy ears, you would look like an elf like in ‘The Lord of the Rings’!” Ron said.

“You have read that book?” Hermione asked, surprised.

“Tolkien was a Muggle who knew about the Wizarding World thanks to his brother Arthur. His books are also published in the Magical World because he was shown that world and when he wrote about it he turned it into that trilogy. Of course, Ron didn’t read it until you told him how fantastic those books were,” Ginny commented with a smirk. Ron’s ears reddened while Ginny said that.

“You read a book willingly?” Harry asked, surprised.

“Yeah,” Ron said a bit morosely. “I just wanted to see what was so great about those books and when I started it I could not finish it.”

“Oh, Ron!” Hermione said, throwing herself over her boyfriend and giving him a good kiss on the lips.

“Oy, get a room you two!” Draco said.

“We will do that sometime in the future,” Ron said winking at Hermione.

Hermione huffed, but kept smiling.

“We should sit down to keep with the discussion, don’t you think so?” Harry said.

Everybody nodded, and went towards their seats around the table. Harry was about to say something, but when Neville (the one who had been the furthest from the table) sat down, the table started to glow with a whitish light. The chairs soon were glowing with the same colour, and before anybody could do anything, eight bolts of light went to the eight friends and they slumped to the ground, unconscious.


hpgw***rwhg***hpgw***r whg***hpgw***rwhg***hpgw***rwhg***hpgw** *rwhg


Let me explain why the drawings on the doors of the Founders’ Lair: the doors in the north, south, east and west are self-explanatory, but the other four are related (more or less) to the names of the Founders’ spouses: the angel is Gabrielle (Gabriel is one of the seven Archangels in Catholicism, with Michael, Raphael, Uriel, Selaphiel, Jegudiel and Barachiel), the chalice is Hale (in reality, is Helga, which comes from Helge, meaning ‘holy, blessed’), the silvery disc is Selene (the disc is the Moon, and Selene was Roman’s goddess of the Moon) and the fox is Renard (which means fox in English).

Sorry for the use of Tolkien’s name and life in such a liberal way, but it was the best way I could think to show Ron as a — for the first time — avid reader of books. Anyway, Tolkien really had a brother, whose name was Hilary Arthur Reuel Tolkien.

I want to thank Fiery Angel for the big help she has supposed to me when it came to correct my mistakes in Shakespeare’s language.
Reviews 223
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear