Search:

SIYE Time:12:14 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter and the Unexpected Visitor
By Milarqui

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:All
Genres: Action/Adventure, Comedy, Fluff
Warnings: Disturbing Imagery
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 223
Summary: Harry James Potter has come back to Privet Drive after his abysmal fifth year at Hogwarts School of Wizardry and Witchcraft, as Albus Dumbledore asked him to do. There, he mourns around everything that happened the last months, especially his Godfather's death, but all will change when someone he did not expect comes...

The author has stated this story will not be continued. SIYE
Hitcount: Story Total: 176414; Chapter Total: 10879





Author's Notes:
Summary: Harry is mourning at the park in Privet Drive, and he receives the visit of someone he had not expected to see again. He discovers something about Remus Lupin, and everybody is as shocked as Harry was.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter 3
The Unexpected Visitor


Harry was sitting down in the park next to his aunt’s house. He was there, brooding about the loss of his godfather, Sirius, as he had been doing for the last several days. He was very sad, and under his eyes there could be seen two deep shadows. He could hardly sleep, because the nightmares about what had happened in the Department of Mysteries two weeks ago chased him the whole night. He saw his godfather falling through the Veil again and again. He also saw him blaming him for his death, but when it was not Sirius, it was Cedric or his parents.


~~~~***~~~~***~~~~***~~~~* **~~~~***~~~~***~~~~***~~~~***~~~~***~~~ ~


A few days before, he had received a visit from Albus Dumbledore, who had come to Privet Drive to make sure that he was OK and to prevent him from going very far away from the house. He was told about the mission Bellatrix Lestrange was trying to fulfil, but the wards would keep her out of a range of two kilometres from him.

The next day, Ginny wrote him to tell him all the news about what had happened to Hermione. He was rather alarmed at this, thinking that once more he had put his friends in danger, but was relieved to read that Ron had managed to save her. He even chuckled at the part where Ginny mentioned the incredibly passionate kiss they were sharing when they Apparated back from wherever Hermione had been kept. He couldn’t wait to the moment he would be able to tease them mercilessly for their thickness.


~~~~***~~~~***~~~~***~~~ ~***~~~~***~~~~***~~~~***~~~~***~~~~***~ ~~~


He went back to reality, and he saw some people going next to the park, glaring at him with a mixture of anger and fear. From what Dumbledore had told him, the wards had been expanded, and now they covered more than four square kilometres around the house. Harry could see the irony; his neighbours were scared of him, but he was the reason they were protected.

The train of his thoughts was interrupted when he saw a dog getting into the park. It was a black dog, with a bit of filth on its fur. Harry thought he had seen this dog before, but he couldn’t place him in his memory.

The dog went straight to him, barking happily and trying to lick him when he arrived next to him. It was starting to get dark, and the darkness gave the dog the creepy tone that helped Harry to remember who the dog reminded him of; it looked exactly like Padfoot, the Animagus form of Sirius.

“You know,” Harry said to the dog, “I know someone who looks like you, but you don’t know him.” He caressed the dog, which was now listening to him. “He liked to be called Padfoot…”

The dog barked very loudly, interrupting Harry when he mentioned that name.

“Padfoot?” The dog barked again. Harry smiled a bit. “If you have met Remus Lupin, bark once.”

The dog barked once. Harry smiled weakly, but he had to make sure.

“What about… Peter Pettigrew?”

The dog growled deeply, with anger. Harry was amused to see this; unless he was mistaken, in front of him stood one person he had thought he would never see again.

“Are you really Sirius Black?”

The black dog barked with joy, running around Harry.

“Can you change back into Sirius?”

The dog shook his head while barking twice.

“Then I think I know what to do with you. Come with me to Mrs. Figg!”

Harry stood up and ran towards his old neighbour, while Padfoot followed him closely. Harry’s heart pumped fast: Sirius was alive! He was now with him! He was sure that Remus would like to know this before anybody else. The problem was that he knew the news shouldn’t be put in a letter, so the best way was to ask Mrs. Figg (a Squib who had been watching Harry closely since he started to live with his aunt Petunia, the Halloween night of fifteen years ago) if he could use the Floo to make a call.

When he arrived to the door, he stopped and tried to recover his breath.

“Sirius, I think you should go to the back garden. Mrs. Figg’s house is full of cats,” Padfoot interrupted him, because he liked chasing cats in his dog form, “and I don’t think is a good idea to chase her cats when I am going to ask her for help. Just go to the back garden and hide, and when I give you a sign, we’ll give Remus a good scare.”

Padfoot pulled his tongue out of his mouth, like he was trying to show he was laughing, and did as Harry had asked him. The young boy knocked the door, and soon the old woman was opening it.

“Harry, what a surprise! Would you like to stay here and have some tea with me?”

“Yes, Mrs. Figg,” he answered, smiling deeply. “But first I need to do a call with the Floo. I think you should prepare tea for more than the two of us.”

“Why? Is there any problem with your relatives, Harry?”

“No, they are behaving OK. It’s just something I discovered and I need to share with Professor Lupin.”

“Remus Lupin, you say?” Mrs. Figg giggled.

“What’s the matter?”

“Go and do the call. You’ll discover it.”

Harry - asking himself what was so funny about Remus - took a bit of powder from a flowerpot which was next to the fireplace, threw it at the fire, which turned instantly into a green emerald fire, and shouted, “Remus Lupin!” Harry knew his old professor had a flat in London, but he didn’t know where exactly.

The well-known sensation of his head spinning like mad while his knees where standing on the hard floor at Mrs. Figg’s dining hall lasted twenty seconds or so. Harry closed his eyes and only opened them when the spinning stopped.

He was looking at a rather well tidied living room. There was a big sofa in front of the fireplace, red-coloured and old. The walls were sky blue (it needed one or two coats of paint) and were filled with photographs, both magical and Muggle, of his friends and family.

“Is anybody here?” Harry shouted. He heard noises from one of the doors, and Lupin went through the door. He looked at the fireplace, and, watching his best friend’s son’s face floating in the middle of the fire, blushed, but managed to ask, “Harry? What are you doing here? Is there any problem at your house?”

Soon, Harry noticed a few details that he had not caught before: there was a T-shirt thrown in the middle of the room, two pairs of shoes next to the door, and there was someone (a female) asking what was the matter. When he noticed Lupin did not have a shirt on, Harry knew he had caught his old professor in a bad situation, and blushed deeper than Lupin.

“Whoops, sorry, Professor, I didn’t mean to…”

Tonks stuck her head out the door: today, her hair was her favourite way, bubble gum pink, but she seemed to not have clothes on the rest of her body. That made Harry blush even more than before, if that was possible. Tonks started to laugh at the face Harry had.

“Both of you are soooo cute when you blush!” she managed to say among laughter.

Harry rolled his eyes. This is sure something I didn’t want to see, he thought.

“Professor, I need you to come to Mrs. Figg’s, I’m of the opinion that you have to see this.”

“What are you talking about?”

“I’d rather tell you later, this is too embarrassing for me,” Harry answered, making Tonks laugh louder.

“Is it important?”

“Yes, but it is good news. Bring Tonks and Dumbledore; I’m sure both of them will like to be here, too.”

Lupin watched Harry, concerned, before saying, “OK, give us a few minutes.”

“See you soon,” Tonks shouted when he was pulling his head out of the fireplace.


~~~~***~~~~***~~~~***~~~ ~***~~~~***~~~~***~~~~***~~~~***~~~~***~ ~~~


Harry was waiting now with Mrs. Figg for Lupin, Tonks and Dumbledore while sipping some tea and receiving the teases of the old woman, who obviously knew that Lupin and Tonks were together.

“Since when do you know this?” Harry asked his neighbour.

“They have been going out for about a month,” she answered, giggling. “I’m not going to give you the “Told you so” lecture, but it was kind of funny the face you had when you came back.”

Harry did not reply to this, because the people he had asked were now Apparating into the house.

“Good afternoon, Harry,” the Headmaster said, calmly. “Why were you calling us?”

Harry remembered what had happened a few weeks ago, when he had been told about the Prophecy that signalled him as the only one who could kill Voldemort: he had broken a few of Dumbledore’s possessions and had shouted at him. He looked at Lupin and Tonks, and he thought: "Great, now I don’t know if I should blush for what I have seen a few minutes ago of for what I did at Dumbledore’s office."

Tonks started to giggle again, something Dumbledore noticed but didn’t ask why she was doing it. Instead of that, he motioned Harry to tell his story.

“Well, it’s rather complicated, and I’d like to go outside, to the back garden, so that I can explain it better.”

Harry motioned the adults to the garden, where Dumbledore conjured some chairs and a table, where everybody put his cup of tea.

“What’s the matter, Harry?”

He just whistled and smiled. Harry saw Padfoot going out of his hiding place, and said aloud, “Could you turn around and tell me what do you think of this?”

When Remus turned around and he saw a black dog running towards him, his jaw fell and could not move until Padfoot jumped over him.

“Sirius?” Dumbledore asked, confused. Tonks was as surprised as Lupin was, and now she was looking at her boyfriend lying on the grass, hugging the dog and saying incoherent things which were muffled by the licking the dog was giving him.

“He told me he couldn’t change back to human,” Harry said, beaming at the reaction Lupin had.

Dumbledore, smiling deeply, took his wand out and flicked it towards the dog. In a matter of seconds, all the fur was replaced by skin, the snout turned into a nose and clothes covered his body. The only thing that didn’t change was the length of the hair at his head. It was truly Sirius Black.

“Remus, old friend, I thought I would never see you again!” he laughed, hugging his friend.

Lupin was extremely happy to see that he wasn’t the last one of the Marauders (Peter’s treachery had expelled him from the group) and said, with a faltering voice, “But… we thought… you were…”

“Cancel the funerals, ‘cause I’m not!” Sirius shouted, happily, while he stood up and helped his friend to do the same. Then he went directly to his godson and hugged him, too. Both of them were too happy to say anything to the other. Dumbledore’s eyes were twinkling with joy.

“Here is a family that nobody had thought would reunite again,” he whispered to Tonks, still shocked at the sight of her uncle.

Sirius broke apart from Harry and messed his hair.

“It is so good to be back!” Sirius declared. “Do you think it is possible to ask Molly for some food? I’m starving!”

Everybody laughed at this.

“Sure! We should go to Headquarters; the Order will be delighted to welcome you back. And after we eat, you should tell us what happened after you fell behind the veil,” Harry said.

“That will be difficult,” Sirius said, with a sombre tone, “so I will tell it only once, because I’m not willing to remember it all more than twice.”

Harry was horrified at what he had just said. “Sorry, Sirius, I didn’t want to…”

“There is no need of apologies, kiddo. You have the right to know. After all, I have a few messages to deliver from the “Other Side”.”

“Are you serious?” Remus asked.

“Yes, for both the meanings of your question,” he answered, laughing.

Harry didn’t get it at first, but when he realised at the similarities of sounding between ‘Sirius’ and ‘serious’ he laughed alongside with the others.

“Well, I’m sure you are eager to come back to your old house. Shall we go, then?”

“Erm…” Harry interrupted. He didn’t want to be left out at Privet Drive.

“Don’t worry, Harry. You will do Side-Along Apparition with me,” Dumbledore said, knowing what concerned Harry. “We will go directly to the hall.”

“Won’t we wake my mother’s portrait up?” Sirius asked.

“That, my friend,” Remus said, smiling, “is something you will discover soon.”

And they Disapparated.


~~~~***~~~~***~~~~*** ~~~~***~~~~***~~~~***~~~~***~~~~***~~~~* **~~~~


The group Apparated at Grimmauld Place. Sirius went to the portrait, expecting it to shriek, but no sound came through the moth-filled curtains that covered it.

“Wow! Did you finally managed to put her down?” he said, incredulous.

“No. Auntie’s portrait is still there,” Tonks said, pointing at the frame. “I’ll show you…” and with no word, she kicked the infamous umbrella stand she always tripped over. It made a very disturbing noise that would have waken even a deaf person.

The silence after that was not broken by Sirius’ mum’s portrait, but by the dull sound Mrs. Weasley made when she fainted after watching Sirius standing in front of her, smiling.

“Shouldn’t we take her into the kitchen?” Remus said, concerned. “Watching the dead come back is not very good for the living,” he joked. Sirius punched him playfully, and Remus feigned that he was badly hurt on his arm.

“Professor Dumbledore, may I call my friends? I’m sure they would like to talk with him,” Harry said.

“Don’t have to. Since we can make noise in the hall, you only have to click here.” Remus answered. He pushed a white button; which was next to the door, and a siren sounded on the first floor. “They know that means news.”

Harry waited, smiling broadly. The first to enter was Ron, followed close by Hermione. Then it was Ginny, Neville, Luna and all the adults that had been here since the other day: Hermione’s parents, Neville’s grandmother and Luna’s dad. All the youngsters stopped dead when they saw Sirius trying to reanimate Mrs. Weasley.

“Sirius?” Ron and Hermione asked, sceptical.

“Yep, it’s me, boys,” he answered, laughing.

“We thought you were… dead,” Hermione whispered.

“As I told Moony, cancel the funerals! I’m alive and kicking!”

Harry laughed. This attracted the attention from his friends, who went and hugged him.

“Hey, mate, are you OK?” Ron asked.

“Are you really asking that question?” Harry said, smiling. “I’ve recovered my godfather; I’m with my friends, who should tell me something about their blossoming relationship…”

Ron and Hermione blushed deeply, while Harry laughed at them.

“It was about time you told her what you felt, Ron. But I must say that I consider Hermione as a sister, so I give you some advice; you hurt her, in any way you can think, and I will beat you into a bloody pulp.”

“Oh, my! Hermione, protect me!” Ron said, mock-concerned while he hid behind his laughing girlfriend.

“Don’t worry, Ron. I’m happy for both of you. I know you deserve each other.”

Ron and Hermione gave him a thumbs up, while Ginny threw herself in his arms.

When did Ginny become such a beautiful girl? Harry thought, noticing that Ginny had grown a lot since the last time he had seen her: her red hair was now shoulder-length, and shone at the light in the kitchen; her torso was more curved, and Harry could notice her… through his and her T-shirt; her long legs were now a bit tanned…

Stop thinking like that, Harry told himself. She’s your best friend’s little sister, for God’s sake.

“I’ve missed you a lot, Harry,” she said when they broke. “I expect you are staying here from now.”

“I’d love to, but I don’t know what Dumbledore will say about that,” he told her, smiling.

Harry then turned to Neville and Luna, who were smiling awkwardly at him, and hugged them.

“How are both of you?”

“We’re OK, Harry. Dumbledore brought us here when he knew about Bellatrix Lestrange’s mission. There is not much to do here, but it’s nice to have everybody around.”

“Dad and I arrived here yesterday,” Luna said with her dreamy voice. “He has joined the Order, and now we are living here until more wards can be put around our house.”

“I’m sorry, guys,” Harry said. “If I hadn’t taken you to the Ministry, you wouldn’t be here.”

“Exactly,” Ginny said, behind him. “If you hadn’t taken the five of us to the Ministry, you would have gone alone, Voldemort would have the Prophecy, you would be dead and we would be either mourning you or hiding or dead because Voldemort would have killed us.”

Harry was shocked at the bluntness of the lecture Ginny was giving him: although he didn’t like it, he knew it was the truth.

“So please, don’t feel guilty about it. Everybody got out alive and we have even recovered Sirius. The only ones who have lost something there are the Death Eaters and Voldemort.”

Harry smiled at this.

“When did you become so intelligent?”

“Always been like this, Harry. You just didn’t notice I was.”

Harry noticed that Ginny was a bit sad now. He knew he hadn’t talked much with her, until she was in his fourth year and had been over him.

“Sorry, Ginny. I should have talked to you.”

“There is nothing to be sorry about. I should have tried to overcome my shyness, but I couldn’t stop blushing if you were around.”

Harry was about to reply, but Sirius interrupted them, hugging the four teenagers, “Come on! It’s time for us to have something to eat! I’m alive!”

Harry laughed and dragged Ginny, Neville and Luna into the kitchen, which had magically expanded so that everybody could get into it


~~~~***~~~~***~~~~***~~~~***~~~~ ***~~~~***~~~~***~~~~***~~~~***~~~~



Mrs. Weasley was cooking, aided by Mrs. Granger and Lupin (he had replaced Tonks, who was an absolute disaster at house-working), and now delicious smells were coming out of the saucepans and the oven. Mr. Weasley was now conjuring knives and forks for all the people who were going to eat at the house, while Sirius and the twins were competing for being the life and soul of the party with their pranks and their jokes, trying to attract attention.

In the end, everybody sat down at their seats, reserving the one at the head for Sirius, who took it rather reluctantly. All the people were looking at him, curiously.

“Hey, come on, what’s the problem?” Sirius said, a bit nervous. “I promise I’ll tell you everything after this delicious meal Molly has prepared. Tuck in!”

Everybody laughed at him, and started to eat. Sirius was, by far, the one who ate the most, beating even Ron at it. When everybody was finished with the desserts (nearly all of them were exactly like Hogwarts ones, which made Harry think Dobby had been involved in the cooking) all the people who were in the kitchen stared at Sirius, waiting for him to start his story about how had he managed to get out of wherever he had been after falling through the veil.

Grinning, Sirius said, “Before I tell you what happened to me, I’d like to ask you a question. Who did that fantastic job at the hall shutting my old mum up forever?”

Everyone present directed their gazes at Ron, who immediately blushed deeply. Hermione was sitting next to him, and, smiling, kissed him on his cheek, mumbling something in his ear. That made the blush on Ron’s face turn into a two or three times darker tone. After a rather uncomfortable silence, Tonks broke the silence laughing, “Well, dear Uncle Sirius” she said in a mocked serious tone, making everybody laugh (“Don’t call me Uncle, Tonks, that makes me feel old,” Sirius’s voice was heard among the laughter), “since the hero of the story doesn’t want to open his mouth to tell his contribution to this great improvement in our lives, I think it’s my duty to retell what happened that night four days ago.” She breathed deeply, and started, “Professor Dumbledore had just told us that he had heard about Bellatrix Lestrange,” (Sirius growled when he heard the name of his cousin). “Apparently, she had been sent by You-Know-Who on a mission to try and capture anyone who had been with Harry two weeks ago at the Department of Mysteries. The Weasleys had been sent to Grimmauld Place, Neville and his Grandmother, Augusta, had been told of the whereabouts of the Headquarters and where moving here as soon as they could, and Mr. Lovegood and his daughter were in Sweden, on an expedition to try and catch a Crumple-Horned Snorkack. There still were two people to look for, Harry and Hermione.”

“Harry was fast told that the wards around his aunt and uncle’s house had been reinforced so that nobody with the purpose of hurting him or any of his neighbours could get into a round area of approximately two kilometres around it.”

“The main problem was when we tried to get in contact with Hermione. There was nobody at her parents’ house, neither at the dentist office, but then Professor McGonagall said something about Hermione and her parents going and recovering ‘the lost time’. I thought that, since they are Muggles, they would go to a park and have some kind of picnic, so we started to search in all London parks, starting with the biggest ones. We had all the Order seeking her.”

“In the end, Remus found them near Hyde Park. Unfortunately, Bellatrix had arrived before him, and Hermione was battling desperately against her. When she saw Remus, she sort of got distracted and Bellatrix knocked her out, and before anybody could do anything, she took her with a Portkey.”

“We went back to Headquarters, bringing Hermione’s parents with us. When we got into the house, Ron ran to greet his friends, but he was dumbstruck when he saw they were not with us. Your mum was shouting, and while we were trying to close the curtains, he asked as about Harry and Hermione. We told him first about Harry, but when we silenced your mum, he asked again about Hermione. Professor Dumbledore told him that she had been kidnapped and…” Tonks shuddered. “Molly, sorry if you feel offended, but your youngest son has beaten you as the scariest person in the world.”

Mrs. Weasley smiled at the statement.

“Well, Ron started to shout, and that of course woke your mum up, but he turned to her and threatened her to do lots of horrible things if she said one more word. Since then, she’s been in the state you have seen her portrait.”

Sirius chuckled, and asked, “How did you manage to save Hermione, then? ‘Cause as far as I know, she’s not still with my cousin.”

“Quaero Amoris Anima,” Ron mumbled. The tension was so thick that it could be cut with a knife, but Sirius laughed at the red face Ron was showing.

“There is nothing to be ashamed of, Ron,” Sirius assured him. “Only the opposite, you should be proud, because the feelings you have for Hermione must be incredibly intense so that you could take her from wherever she had been taken. I bow to you, my second cousin’s youngest son.”

Ron managed to show a smile in the middle of the blush, and put one of his long arms around Hermione’s waist, while she did the same around his shoulders.

“Now, Sirius, stop teasing them,” Harry said, smiling too. “I think you should tell us what happened after the Veil thing at the Ministry.”

Sirius’ smile became less deep. It was obviously a touchy topic for him.

“OK, godson, but I think we should try to get somewhere more comfortable, because it will be a very long story. If we go to the library and summon a few armchairs, I promise I will tell you everything.”

And, without a word, everybody followed Sirius to Grimmauld Place’s library.

~~~~***~~~~***~~~~***~~~~*** ~~~~***~~~~***~~~~***~~~~***~~~~***~~~~



What do you think? Sirius coming back was something nearly everybody wanted, I'm sure of that. Now, you will only have to wait to the next chapter, "Messages From The Other Side"!

P.S: Vote for the Alhambra at www.new7wonders.com!!!
Reviews 223
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear