Search:

SIYE Time:0:24 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


A Rainy Day
By Rain

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Other
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 6
Summary: Just a short story set after HBP. Ginny confronts Harry about the breakup. My first fanfic so all reviews are welcome.
Hitcount: Story Total: 4687



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
This is my first ficlet, hope you like :)




ChapterPrinter


It was raining as a young girl stared out the window gazing at the now drenched Privet Drive. Her mouth was set in a grim line as she gazed at the rows of identical houses, the same shape repeated over and over. It had been raining since she had arrived, and showed no sign of stopping. The place made her shiver, growing up in a home of 6 brothers she was use to seeing clutter everywhere, failed Weaslys' Wizarding Wheezes experiments, broken toy broom sticks, and dirty laundry were common place at the Burrow. Without it the house seemed stiff and confining.
Staring steadily at the rain beating down upon the houses across the street, she wondered how Harry had managed to stand it, this abnormal normalcy, for 16 years. Turning, she let her gaze fall on the object of her thoughts. He was sprawled out on the Dursleys' hard couch, his lanky form hanging every which-way, his limbs far too large for its confines. His pale face was cocked slightly to the side, and though his alabaster skin worried her, the contented smile playing across his lips and his gently murmurings of “Ginny…” made her smile.
It had been a scant 2 hours early that Ginny had arrived, soaked on the outside, and burning on the inside, at the doorstep. She smiled, remembering, how she had given him quite a talking to, and one reviling her mother.
“You, Potter, are the largest prat I have every met!” She screamed, sure she was alerting have the country to their argument. “Do you honestly think He doesn’t know?!! If Snape hasn’t told him already, I know for a fact that Malfoy has got a bloody big mouth!” He opened his mouth to protest, but she cut him off, holding up here hand. “Can’t you realize that what I need most is just for you to love me?” She had gazed at him then, for what had seemed like several hours, a sad, but hopeful expression on her face as she watched a cornucopia of emotion run through his expressive green eyes. Finally he sighed, “Can I be your prat Gin?”
An hour of talking (well mostly snogging) later, Ginny had convinced him to sleep, Ron and Hermione wouldn’t be there until tomorrow, and he would need his strength in order to start planning their search for the horcruxes. With one last fond glance Ginny carefully slipped out of the living room and into the kitchen with the thoughts of making herself a cup of tea.
While she had grown up in a wizarding family Ginny had still picked up a few muggle skills from her father and his obsession. Setting the kettle on the stove, she set about rummaging through the cupboards for a cup. Upon finding her prize, Ginny found herself drawn to watching the rain again, through the kitchen window, as she waited for the water to boil. The Dursleys hadn’t been in the house when she arrived. Probably for the better, she conceded to herself, imagining the reaction her arrival and ---activities would have caused.
The kettle whistled shrilly.
A she gently stirred her tea, she hear a noise coming from the living room. She paused cocking her head to the side, and at the sound of his strangled cry she ran, so focused was she on Harry she failed to notice the three Dursleys, standing disgustedly at Harry, by the door.
Setting her tea on the mantel, she made her way, carefully avoiding the coffee table, to Harry. His face was no longer peaceful, instead it was a mask of agony and fear, as he twisted and groaned on the couch. Placing her hand lightly on his cheek, Ginny began to whisper softly to him.
“It’s all right Harry, it’s just a dream love, wake up” She ran her fingers through his silky black hair and watched his eyelids open slowly.
“Gin…” he croaked, throat dry.
She cut him off placing a finger on his lips, “Tea?” she asked. Nodding slightly he kissed her finger and smiled at her, a smile of thanks and love, one which she returned. Rising from the couch, only then did she notice the Dursley’s standing in the doorway, apparently at a loss for words.
“Oh, hello,” she said, in her most pleasant tone.
“Who are you!?” Ginny flinched at the unexpected harshness of his tone. Noting his abundant girth and large purple face Ginny judged that this must be Harry’s Uncle.
Opening her mouth to answer, Ginny suddenly felt strong arms encircle her waste from behind. Relaxing into Harry’s body she felt Him take a deep breath before stating,
“This is Ginny Weasly, my girlfriend” She shivered, loving the way her name rolled off his tongue and throwing a defiant glare at Harry’s Uncle.
“Girlfriend?” questioned the smaller version of Vernon, his son Dudley. He smirked.
“No girl would date you Potter” Turning his attention to Ginny he asked, “How much is he paying you? I am sure I could give you a MUCH better time.”
Ginny felt Harry tense behind her but she reacted faster, stepping out of his arms she walked up to Dudley who grinned triumphantly, she smiled back and then punched him square in the nose. Stunned Dudley fell back, crashing noisily to the floor. There was a moment of stunned silence as Ginny glowered over Dudley. Harry, recovering first, pulled Ginny back against his chest and smiled smugly at his Uncle, who was by a dark purple. Wordlessly, Vernon pointed to the door.
“Get out”
Harry shrugged, “Fine, but we will be back later.” And without another word Ginny found herself in the pouring rain, wrapped snuggly in His arms.
“God Gin I am really sorry…. he started, suddenly unsure, but for the second time that afternoon she cut him off, this time with her lips. After what seemed like an age she pulled away grinning.
“I love you Harry Potter and no crazed Uncle, or maniacal dark lord is going to change that”
Giving her an award winning, though slightly crooked smile, Harry bent down and kissed her again, gently touching his lips to hers. And as she stood there, kissing Harry as the rain drenched them both, Ginny knew that she had found something strange, exhilarating, and free, in a place of the plain and normal, love.
Reviews 6
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear