Search:

SIYE Time:21:17 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Far Away
By HeatherWeasley_lover

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Albus Dumbledore, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, James Potter, Lily Potter, Luna Lovegood, Neville Longbottom, Ron Weasley, Sirius Black
Genres: Fluff, General, Humor, Songfic
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 4
Summary: Based upon the Nickelback song 'Far Away'. Ginny is up thinking about Ron, Harry and Hermione when she gets an unexpected visit. An arguement and plenty of love and fluff it makes for a cute and loveable story. I hope you enjoy it. :)
Hitcount: Story Total: 4617



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
Yes, it is sort of cliché, kind of, but I decided that the song fit perfectly for Harry and Ginny along with the other song “If Everyone Cared”, but I think I’ll use that for Ron and Hermione. :) At any rate, I hope you like it. :)




ChapterPrinter




Far Away


By: HeatherWeasly_lover




Ginn y was sitting in the chair closest to the fire watching the flames dancing around. She had been doing it since she was a child. It helped calm her nerves. She sighed and leaned back against the chair. Harry, Ron and Hermione had been gone for almost seven months. She had only heard from them a few times. She knew they were busy and that they were, hopefully, closer to the horcrux then they think.

She turned at a creak on the stairs, but not seeing anything she turned back to the fire. She tucked her red hair behind her ear and bit her lip. Maybe she should write them, she thought. She hadn’t really written Harry, but she knew that it was too dangerous. With Ron and Hermione it was plausible to all that they had finally come to their senses and had ran off together. However, with Harry, it was completely different.

If she wrote to him telling of her love and concern and it got into the wrong hands they would know of his whereabouts and it would be the end of him and it would be entirely her fault. She definitely didn’t want that. She propped her elbow on her knee and leaned her face into her hand thinking.

All she wanted was to tell him how much she loved him and how she was scared and proud of him all at the same time. Her friends, what there was at Hogwarts anyway, told her to send an encrypted letter. It sounded good at the time, but the more she thought about it the dumber it sounded. What if he couldn’t figure it out and thought that she had gone completely barmy? She let out a small laugh. Even thought it was stupid it was still funny.

When they left they had gotten a new owl. Pig was too common and Hedwig would surely be recognized. Exactly how many snowy owls do people own besides the infamous Harry Potter?

There was more creaking on the stairs and she turned again.

“Hello?” she called out quietly. No one answered so she turned back around. She felt a breeze and looked around. “Is that you Nick?”

“Who’s Nick?” came a voice that she knew as well as her own. She jumped up and turned around.

“Harry? Is that you?”

“Yeah, it’s me.” She turned, hearing him behind her. Seeing him standing there, staring at her she couldn’t hold her tears back.

“Oh Harry,” she whispered as she sobbed. He pulled her into his arms and held her, running his hand down her back and kissing her head.

“Oh Ginny, I had to come and see you,” he said. “I realized so much while I’ve been gone.”

This time, This place
Misused, Mistakes
Too long, Too late
Who was I to make you wait
Just one chance
Just one breath
Just in case there's just one left
'Cause you know,
you know, you know

“I’ve been s-so worried abou-about you,” she said, her words being muffled by his cloak.

“It’s okay. I have been so stupid these past eight months Ginny. I should have never ended it with you. I’ve made so many mistakes. I never should have left like that. I’ve been gone too long.”

I love you
And I've loved you all along
And I miss you
Been far away for far too long
I keep dreaming you'll be with me
and you'll never go
Stop breathing if
I don't see you anymore

“I love you Harry, I love you so much,” she said, holding him close to her. He felt the tears in the backs of his eyes and swallowed.

“I know, I know Ginny. I love you too. I do. I’ve always loved you. I was just too stupid to realize it before. I want to spend every moment with you. I realized that Voldemort should not have this control over me. I should not be afraid to love you. My parents knew that Voldemort was after them but my dad didn’t runaway from what he felt. I’ve been a coward Ginny.”

On my knees, I'll ask
Last chance for one last dance
'Cause with you, I'd withstand
All of hell to hold your hand
I'd give it all
I'd give for us
Give anything but I won't give up
'Cause you know,
you know, you know

“You’re not a coward Harry. If you were then you wouldn’t have gone after the horcruxes and Tom. You’re anything but a coward,” she said, running her hand over his cheek. He closed his eyes and leaned into her hand. “You’re the bravest person that I have ever met. Besides Ron and Hermione that is.” They laughed a little.

He opened his eyes and looked at her. He cupped her face in his hands and tucked her hair behind her ears. The tears leaked out of her eyes and he wiped them away with the pads of his thumbs.

“Never cry because of me Ginny, never again.” He lowered his head and took her lips with his and he felt the world spinning out of control. He felt the creature inside of him roar with happiness.

I love you
And I've loved you all along
And I miss you
Been far away for far too long
I keep dreaming you'll be with me
and you'll never go
Stop breathing if
I don't see you anymore

“I love you Ginny, I love you so much,” he whispered as he kissed her cheek and nibbled her earlobe. “When all of this is over I want you to marry me. I want you to be mine and no one else’s. I have loved you all this time, but I’ve been stupid. I left and I should have taken you with me. You deserve to be a part of this just as much as Ron and Hermione do. When this is over I want you to have my ten children and be the beautiful witch you are. Say you’ll be mine,” he whispered as he kissed her again, taking all of her breath away.

She pulled back and stared at him, touching his face.

“You’re so stupid Harry. You don’t ever have to ask me any of that. I’ve always been yours,” she said, kissing him again. “I’ve always belong to you. Never will there be anyone else.”

So far away
(So far away)
Been far away for far too long
So far away
(So far away)
Been far away for far too long
But you know, you know, you know

He held her against him and ran his hands through her hair. They stood there for a few moments and then he pulled back again.

“I want you to come with me. I’m not leaving without you. I’ve been gone far too long without you. You deserve to do this. I need you with me. I can’t do it without you. I have to defeat Voldemort with love and I can’t do that if you’re not there by my side. I know it sounds crazy, but it’s the truth. Dumbledore helped me realize this. He told me all of this last year, but I didn’t realize it until a few months ago. I love you Ginny,” he said, he eyes brighter with unshed tears.

“I love you Harry, I always have. You can’t just bring me Harry; you know that,” she said, stepping back. He looked at her confused. “What about Neville and Luna? They deserve just as much as I do to go. Especially Neville. Harry they have to come too.” He licked his bottom lip and ran a hand through his unruly hair.

“I can’t take them as well. That’s too dangerous,” he started.

“Too dangerous? Listen to yourself. If you were in Neville’s place would you want to just sit back and watch all of this happen? He saw Bellatrix kill Sirius, the same evil woman who killed his parents. You listen to me Harry James Potter, I refuse to go if Neville and Luna do not come with us,” she said all of this while poking him in the middle of the chest, backing him up against the wall.

He stood there; backed up against the wall, and stared down into the angry face of the girl he just proclaimed his love too. He smiled, thinking about her personality. She can be loving and forgiving and the next backing him into a corner. He knew she was right. They did deserve to go. He didn’t want to be stupid anymore. Besides, he would be stupid to refuse Ginny.

“You’re right Ginny. I want them to come with us. They are my friends, they deserve it. I need you to come with me,” he said, watching her.

She threw herself at him and kissed him hard and full of everything that she felt for him.

I wanted
I wanted you to stay
'Cause I needed
I need to hear you say
That I love you
And I've loved you all along
And I forgive you
For being away for far too long
So keep breathing
'Cause I'm not leaving you any more
Believe it
Hold on to me and never let me go
Keep breathing, 'cause I'm not leaving you any more
Believe it
Hold on to me and never let me go
Keep breathing
Hold on to me and never let me go
Keep breathing
Hold on to me and never let me go

“I love you so much Ginny,” he said, running his hands through her hair. “I’d do anything to keep you with me. I never want to leave you again. I’ve been stupid.”

“If I had had the sense I would have gone after you. I love you so much Harry,” she said, kissing him.

“We’ll never be apart again,” he said.

“We better not be Harry. If you do what you did again, I swear I will never speak to you again,” she said, laughing. He grinned.

“I’m sure of it. Why don’t we write a note to the Professors and to your family?” She nodded.

“Actually, you write the notes and I’ll get Neville and Luna.” She was about to turn away when he brought her to him again.

“Not yet though, I haven’t been with you for a long time. I want time with you,” he whispered and kissed her neck. She laughed and wiggled out of his arms. He looked at her with his eyebrows raised.

“Since there is no one in the seventh year girls dormitory, we’ll have plenty of privacy,” she said, blushing.

“Are you sure?” She nodded.

“Never been more sure,” she said, tossing her hair over her shoulder.

“Have you ever…?” She looked at him with wide-eyes.

“No, of course not! Have you Harry? With Cho?” She didn’t look at him when she asked this, and he felt his heart break. He pulled her too him and kissed her forehead.

“No, never. I’ve never done that. With anyone,” he whispered. She looked at him and bit her lip.

“I’m ready Harry. I’ve never been more ready,” she said and kissed him lightly.

“You’ve been ready before?” he asked, his brow creasing. Had she wanted this with someone else before? Dean, he thought angrily.

“No, Harry,” she said, laughing. “I meant that I’ve never been ready. Only for you.” He gave a sigh of relief and grabbed his broom, remembering that he couldn’t go up the girls stairs.

“Then lead the way Gin,” he said, kissing her.
Reviews 4
ChapterPrinter




../back
! Go To Top !

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding 2008 by melkior and Bear