Search:

SIYE Time:2:28 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Erasing The Future
By Moxterminator

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe, Post-HBP
Characters:All, Harry/Ginny
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Fluff, General, Humor, Romance, Tragedy
Warnings: Extreme Language, Mild Sexual Situations, Violence
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 545
Summary: Harry goes back in time to redo his Hogwarts years after losing the war, his family, and his wife, Ginny Potter, to Voldemort. Changes need to be made, but can all changes be good? Years 1-4
Hitcount: Story Total: 397051; Chapter Total: 9697
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
Another Chapter




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


As the month of November started the weather started to get colder. Which meant that for the upcoming opening match in the quidditch season which was on Saturday, would be very cold. As Wood constantly told them, they needed to get off to a good start if they were going to win the quidditch cup. Hermione was a god send, helping him with his homework when he didn’t have time to do it on his own because of the over run quidditch practices. She had also lent him Quidditch though the Ages. He actually for once forgot something and he didn’t actually pack his own from Potter Manor.


Harry didn’t know how but yet again like last time the news that he was playing seeker got out. He didn’t really mind much. He could put up with the snide comments coming from the Slytherins or Malfoy’s taunts saying he and his friends would be running underneath him with a mattress.


The day before the game Harry, Ron, Neville, and Hermione were outside sitting around a blue fire that was currently residing in a jar. No one actually knew whether this was allowed or not. But neither of them cared as it kept them warm. Harry looked over to Hermione and noticed how much has changed since the troll was let in. For one thing he knew that before it she definitely wouldn’t allow the flame. But now she would. He didn’t really understand why she was getting relaxed around the rules. Maybe because the boys had broke some to save her from the troll. Which, incidentally, Harry still felt guilty about.


Harry looked over from Hermione to see Snape limping towards him. ‘Ha. He’s still hurt, good.’ Harry thought as Snape got closer to them, looking at them as though he was trying to tell them off for something. The four of them naturally moved closer around the flame so that Snape couldn’t see it.


“Is that a library book Potter?” Snape sneered. “They’re not allowed outdoors. What is it with you Potter? Think you’re above the rules do you? Ten points from Gryffindor. Now hand it over and head to your next class. You don’t want to be late.


Deciding that he would rather not argue with the potions master for now Harry handed over the book and Snape limped away.


“What’s wrong with his leg?” Neville asked as they all got up of the ground to head to their next lesson. Ron just shrugged whilst Hermione and Harry gave each other an unknowing look.


The Gryffindor common room that evening was busy and excited about tomorrow’s game against Slytherin. Harry was getting extremely nervous about the game. He knew that they won it last time. And Harry was definitely a better flyer this time around. Especially with all those years of experience of playing the quidditch games. But unlike everything else, quidditch games you couldn’t rely on to be the same. If Harry flew one way instead of the way he flew the first time around the whole outcome of the match could change. Harry knew that his future knowledge wouldn’t help him in this match. This match was just another whole new game.


“Harry, stop fidgeting. You’re making us nervous as well.” Hermione said.


“Well if I had something to read maybe I would have something to keep my mind off things.” Harry replied.


Neville looked up at Harry and then at his watch. “I’ll be right back.” Neville said before hurrying out of the portrait hole.


“Were the hell is he going?” Ron asked. Harry merely just shrugged whilst looking around the common room.


“God Harry do something rather than just sitting there.” Hermione said.


“What though? It’s nearly curfew so I can’t really do anything now.” Harry complained.


Fifteen minutes later Neville came back into the common room looking like he had just run the whole way. He came towards them, flopped down in the chair that he had left then flung a book at Harry.


“Here you go mate.” Neville said out of breath.


Harry looked down at the book and noticed it was ‘Quidditch through the Ages.’


“You went and got it off Snape?” Harry replied in awe.


Neville soon got his breath back and nodded. “But that’s not what I needed to talk to you about. Ron, you know how you asked earlier what was wrong with Snape’s leg.” Ron just nodded. “He was bitten. But not just any bite. It came from a three headed dog. The three headed dog from the third floor corridor. I think his exact words were. ‘Blasted thing, how are you supposed to keep your eyes on all three heads at once?’ He tried to get past the dog to get whatever it’s guarding. Whatever Dumbledore is trying to guard. He’s trying to steal it guys.”


Hermione looked at Neville with wide eyes. “No, he-he wouldn’t, he’s a teacher. Grant you not a very nice teacher but still a teacher.” Hermione said.


“Come on Hermione!” Ron said “Were not in the land of perfect teachers here. I agree with Neville. Snape’s evil. Look at the way he acts towards Gryffindors especially Harry in classes. Come on he is head of Slytherin for god’s sake. There isn’t a witch or wizard that was bad that wasn’t in Slytherin Hermione. Its rumoured you-know-who himself was one.”


“You’re wrong Ron.” Harry said. “I know at least one person that was evil that wasn’t in Slytherin. Grant you that, yes, Voldemort…” Ron and Neville flinched at his name. “… was in Slytherin but Petter Pettigrew was in Gryffindor. I'm sure you know about him.”


Ron looked at Harry then at the fire. “Yeah, yeah, you’re right. Okay so not all bad people are from Slytherin. But most are. And who more so than the head of that house! Just look at the way he acts.”


“I agree with Ron.” Neville said “Snape’s definitely evil. But what is he after, what is the dog guarding.”


“That’s just it Neville.” Hermione said “We just don’t know.”


The next morning Harry woke up bright and early. He arrived in the great hall before anyone else although he didn’t eat anything. Soon he would be out on that quidditch pitch doing what he knew he could do best. Flying. Soon the rest of the Gryffindors had made their way down to breakfast although Harry still, in that time, hadn’t eaten anything.


“Harry, eat something.” Stressed Hermione.


“I'm not hungry Hermione.” Harry replied.


Seamus who was sitting near him leaned over. “Harry mate. You need your strength. Seekers are always the ones that get the worse injuries. They are always targeted by the other players.


“Thanks Seamus.” Harry replied “Your pep talk has made me full of confidence.”


Come ten forty-five Harry was sitting in his quidditch gear in the changing rooms listening to Wood’s pre-match pep talk.


“Ok men.” Said Wood.


“And women” corrected Angelina.


“Yeah that’s it, and women.” Corrected Wood. “This is it.” Wood said before being interrupted by the twins.


“The big One.” Fred said.


“The one we’ve all been waiting for.” Continued George.


“Will you two please shut up!” Wood shouted at them. “This is the best team I've seen Gryffindor have in years. I know we can win that quidditch cup. So go out there and fly like I know you lot can. We’re going to win this match.” Wood finished. Wood looked at his watch. “Right, it’s time. Good luck and get us that win.”


Harry walked out of the changing rooms and onto the pitch. The whole school like usual turned up for the game. Madam Hooch was standing by the box that contained the balls, waiting for them to stand around her. “Now I want a nice clean game, from all of you.” Directing the ‘you’ towards Marcus Flint who just sneered. Harry looked into the stands to see Ron, Neville and Hermione under a massive banner saying Potter for President.


“Mount your brooms please.” Madam Hooch called out. Harry clambered onto his Nimbus. Madam Hooch brought the whistle to her mouth, blew and all of a sudden 15 brooms shot into the air.


“And the Quaffle is taken immediately by Angelina Johnson. An excellent chaser. Rather an attractive one too….” Lee Jordan the commentator announced.


“JORDAN!” shouted Professor McGonagall. Harry shook his head. It was amazing that it was always the smalls thing he missed the most. Without really knowing it either. Well missed the most after Ginny of course.


Harry zoned out of the commentary to concentrate on catching the snitch. He flew to the other end of the pitch looking for the snitch. All of a sudden a bludger headed his way and he pointed his broom upwards and shot up just narrowly avoiding the collusion.


George who was chasing after it called out to him. “Watch out Harry, that nearly had you off.”


After about a further fifteen minutes of searching for the snitch Harry managed to spot a glint of gold by the Gryffindors goal posts and shot after it. Harry flattened himself onto the broom, willing it to go faster. Harry was closing the gap between himself and the snitch. Harry managed a glance at the stands where the Gryffindors were at and saw Hagrid, Neville Ron, and Hermione watching him.


“I think Harry’s seen the snitch!” shouted Ron over the noise of the crowd. It was currently sixty to twenty in favour of Gryffindor. Harry was then joined by the Slytherin seeker so he put on an extra burst of speed. All of a sudden the seeker pulled up. Harry looked over his shoulder to wonder why the Slytherin seeker would act like this when all of a sudden. WHAM! Harry had just flown straight into Markus Flint.


Harry’s broom flew off out of Harry’s control. Whilst the Gryffindors shouted “FOUL!”


Harry heard the whistle of Madam Hooch and then her voice repeating what the Gryffindors had just called out. Harry turned to watch Alicia as she flew towards the goals of the Slytherins, ready to take the Penalty.


“So after that obvious disgusting cheat by…” Jordan said.


“Jordan!” Harry could hear McGonagall’s voice growl.


“I mean after that open and revolting foul…” Jordan corrected.


“I'm warning you Jordan if you can’t stop yourself taking sides…” McGonagall’s voice was heard again.”


Harry zoned out of the commentary again and watched Alicia score the penalty taking the score to 120-40 in Gryffindors favour. Harry needed to find that snitch. If Slytherin seeker captured the snitch now Gryffindor would lose. Gryffindor won last time around and there was no way in hell that Harry was going to let the Slytherin seeker change that this time. Harry flew high up into the air to allow himself to get a better view of the pitch and make it easier for him to find the snitch when his broom lurched, throwing him off. Harry managed to keep hold with one hand though otherwise that would have been a very bad fall. Harry knew exactly what was going on as the broom lurched again. Harry’s hand that was holding on was sweaty and it was losing grip. Harry instantly started mumbling the counter curse.


“What the ‘ell does ‘arry think ee’s doin up there?” Hagrid said more to himself rather than to the others. Instantly Ron and Neville who was watching the chasers looked up to see Harry holding on with one hand whilst his broom was bucking and flying higher and higher. All of a sudden the broom did one last buck and the hand Harry was holding the broom on slipped. There was a loud noise of screams around the stand as they saw this but Harry’s other hand, that wasn’t holding on before, suddenly shot up and grabbed hold of the broom and stopping him from falling well over a hundred feet. Harry muttered the counter curse more urgently and put more magic into it. The combination of both Harry’s and Snape’s counter curse was making it easier for Harry. He managed to swing his leg over the broom and he was sitting on it correctly now.


All of a sudden the broom started to roll over and over again making Harry ever so dizzy. Because of the dizziness he couldn’t cast the counter curse very well.


“Did something happen to his broom when Flint knocked into him?” Seamus asked, who was sitting near Neville, Ron and Hermione.


“Can’t ‘ave.” Hagrid said his voice sounding rather shaky and croaky. “Nothin but very powerful dark magic can intervene with a broomstick. No kid, even if it is a Slytherin, could do tha’ to a Nimbus two thousand.”


Hermione brought her binoculars up to her face and scanned the crowd. “Ron, Neville look at Snape!” Hermione said to them. Ron and Neville brought their own binoculars up to their eyes and saw Snape in the stands muttering words under his breath. His eyes never leaving Harry.


“He’s jinxing the broom!” Neville said. Looking shocked towards Hermione.


“What do we do?” Ron said fear in his voice.


“Leave it to me” Hermione whispered. She fought her way past the now much scared spectators. Hermione reached Professor Snape and bent down so no one could see her. “Lacarnum Inflamarae” Hermione whispered and bright blue flames shot out of her wand and caused Snape’s robes to catch fire. It took him a full two minutes to take notice that his robes was burning by which time Hermione was already back with Ron, Neville, and Hagrid. Snape by the shock of seeing his robes catch fire staggered backwards and knocked Quirrell over, forcing him to lose eye contact with Harry. Snape managed to stamp out the flames and turn to look up at Harry to watch him go into a dive.


Harry after noticing that his broom had stopped bucking forced it around and flew to the other end of the pitch farthest away from Quirrell, making it harder for him to put the curse on his broom again.


Harry turned to look at what the chasers were doing when again he saw a glint of gold down near the pitch. Harry ignoring everything else around him went into a spectacular dive. He was getting closer to it. Harry heard a bludger heading towards him and yet again Harry, like last practice had to do a sloth grip roll to avoid the bludger. Harry’s world turned itself upside down then the right way up again as he completed the roll this time not landing on the grass. Harry stretched out his arm and felt his hand go around the snitch, its wings beaten ferociously against Harry’s hand. There was a massive roar from the Gryffindor stands as Harry just managed to pull up from the dive, this time managing to avoid the ground.


The sounds of cheering coming from the Gryffindor stands was to Harry like a jumbo jet taking off and himself was standing on the runway. After about ten minutes Harry managed to drag himself away and over to Ron, Hermione, Neville and Hagrid.


“Follow us.” Hermione said as Hagrid led them down to his hut.


Once inside the hut Harry sat by the fire listening to what Ron, Neville and Hermione had to say.


“It was Snape, Harry. We three saw him.” Ron said nodding his head towards Hermione and Neville.


“It was Neville who worked out that it was Snape jinxing you broom. He was muttering some curse. He couldn’t take his eyes off you.” Hermione explained.


“Rubbish.” Hagrid said. “Snape is a ‘ogwarts teacher. Ee wouldna do a thin’ like that.”


“We found out something about him Hagrid.” Neville said whilst looking at the other three, silently asking whether they should say this in front of him.


“We found out he tried to get past that three headed dog on Halloween.” Ron said answering Neville’s question. “He was trying to steal whatever it was it’s guarding.”


“How do you four know about Fluffy?” Hagrid asked shocked.


“Fluffy?” Neville said looking at Hagrid in shock


“That thing has a name?” Hermione asked shock in her voice.


“Yeah, ‘e’s mine. Bought ‘im of a Greek chappie I met in a pub las’ year. Then I lent ‘im to Dumbledore to guard the…”


“Yes?” Harry said although he knew exactly what it was guarding.


“Don’ ask me anymore questions.” Hagrid said “Tha’s top secret that is.”


“But whatever Fluffy’s guarding Snape is trying to steal it.” Ron said exasperated.


“Rubbish, like I said Snape is a ‘ogwarts teacher, he’d do nothin’ of the sort.” Hagrid said


“But he just tried to kill Harry.” Hermione said “If he’s capable of killing someone then he’s capable of stealing what ever that dog of yours is guarding.”


“Now lookie ‘ere. I'm telling you yer wrong!” Hagrid said his temper starting to raise. “I ‘aven’t got a clue why ‘arry’s broom acted the way it did. I don’t care what you say, Snape wouldn’ try and kill a student.”


‘You know I bet he would if he knew he would get away of it. I mean he killed Dumbledore in the future.’ Harry thought.


“Now listen to me all four of yeh. Yer guys are meddilin’ in things that donna concern yeh. Forget about Fluffy an’ forget what he’s guardin’.” Hagrid said “That’s between Dumbledore and Nicholas Flamel…”


“Who’s Nicholas Flamel?” Neville asked.


Hagrid looked furious with himself. “I should not of said that. I should not of said that.”
Reviews 545
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear