Search:

SIYE Time:7:38 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Erasing The Future
By Moxterminator

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe, Post-HBP
Characters:All, Harry/Ginny
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Fluff, General, Humor, Romance, Tragedy
Warnings: Extreme Language, Mild Sexual Situations, Violence
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 545
Summary: Harry goes back in time to redo his Hogwarts years after losing the war, his family, and his wife, Ginny Potter, to Voldemort. Changes need to be made, but can all changes be good? Years 1-4
Hitcount: Story Total: 397002; Chapter Total: 9318
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
A/N: Yahoo and the chapter is complete along with Harry’s first year at Hogwarts. And we’re off to year two and the chamber of secrets! What will Harry do? Let Ginny do it? Or protect Ginny from the diary? For those who don’t know. I do have a yahoo group about this story were you might want to talk about the theory’s of second year and the plotlines of this story. And other stuff. Hope you enjoyed. Yes this came out quite quick after my other one. To tell the truth I had this writing and sent of to my beta’s even before chapter Sixteen was posted. That’s for how quick I wrote it. But from now on don’t expect the two weeks update. and expect to have to wait a while for the next chapter whilst I plan next year out. Yes I'm actually going to plan that year! I didn’t really plan this one out. :P but next year I am so expect a little wait for next chapter.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Disclaimer: I Do No Own Harry Potter


Harry very slowly came out of unconsciousness to see three blurry figures around him. He wondered what was wrong with his eyesight then realized that he didn’t have his glasses on. He tried to sit up but found that he didn’t have the energy. What was wrong with him?


“I’m surprised he’s still alive Albus.” Harry recognised the voice of Madam Pomfrey. “How he, and three others, managed to get down into those chambers is beyond me. I’m not expecting him to be awake for at least another three to four days.”


“He will be alright won’t he?” Harry recognised the voice of Sirius. Sirius’s voice had an edge of concern in it that Harry rarely heard.


“He should be.” Madam Pomfrey said. “I managed to stabilise him. But that amount of magic should have him out for quite a while.”


“Thank you Madam Pomfrey” Harry recognised the voice of Dumbledore again.


Harry heard footsteps walking away before hearing Albus and Sirius conversing again.


“Do you think he really will be out for that long?” Sirius asked Dumbledore.


“I’ve never known Madam Pomfrey to be wrong before.” Dumbledore replied.


“Yeah but I love being the first to prove her wrong.” Harry croaked out and Dumbledore and Sirius rushed over to his bedside.


“Harry! You alright?” Sirius asked him


“Will be once I can see.” Harry groaned out and soon found his glasses being slid onto his face. The faces of Dumbledore and Sirius swam into view and Harry sat up so he could talk to them better.


“Don’t do too much. Madam Pomfrey will have my guts for garters if you start over exercising.” Dumbledore said.


Harry calmed down and looked around to see presents by his bedside. “Ah tokens from your friends and admires.” Dumbledore told him from looking at where Harry was staring. “What happened between you and Quirrell is a complete secret. So naturally the whole school knows. I believe Misters Fred and George Weasley tried sending you a toilet seat. Alas another blown up toilet for Filch to fix. But what can I say. That is what I pay him for. Anyway Madam Pomfrey thought it was unhygienic and confiscated it.” Harry swore he saw the twinkle in Dumbledore’s eye intensify suddenly before it calmed back down to normal.


“How long have I been in here?” Harry asked.


“Well that’s the astonishing thing Harry.” Dumbledore said. “Your exploits down below to stop Quirrell was only last night.”


“So the quidditch cup final hasn’t been played yet?” Harry asked with a broad hopeful grin on his face. It would be great if he could play in the last match.


“No Harry, that’s tomorrow.” Sirius said laughing uproariously. “Just like James. Always thinking of quidditch.”


“I very much doubt Madam Pomfrey will let you play Harry.” Dumbledore told him.


“But we have a chance to win the cup!” Harry said exasperated. “I’m awake and everything is fine!”


“EVERYTHING IS NOT FINE!” Madam Pomfrey’s voice screeched out and Harry soon heard her rushing over. “How you are even awake I will never know,” She swiftly turned to the two men that were subtly edging towards the entrance of the Hospital Wing, “You should have told me straight away,” she chastised vehemently. After cowing the two men in before her, she turned to glare at Harry, “now lay back down Potter,” she barked. Harry quickly obeyed, eager to avoid more trouble.

However, the mediwitch did not leave immediately. There was a curious pop, and Harry turned his head slightly to see what it was. To his horror, Madam Pomfrey was pouring a greenish-blue potion into a small cup.


“What’s that?” Harry said.


“A potion to make you better.” Pomfrey said.


“But I'm feeling okay!” Harry.


“That what you said down in the chamber Harry.” Dumbledore pointed out. “Just before you fainted.”


“Why did I faint?” Harry asked


“Magical Exhaustion.” Pomfrey promptly replied as she gave the potion bottle a slight shake to remove the excess drops from the lip..


“What! That's impossible.” Harry said “What really happened?”


“My boy.” Dumbledore said “That is what happened. You used all of your magic up stopping Quirrell.” Harry started to laugh but stopped when Pomfrey shoved the potion into Harry’s hand.


“You were being serious?” Harry asked in disbelief as Pomfrey finally started walking away.


“Yes Harry.” Dumbledore said.


“But I don’t understand. I couldn't have used up that much magic.” Harry mumbled.


“Maybe your magic isn’t at full power yet because you haven’t been using it much this year with your squib act.” Sirius suggested, determined to add his own input. He turned away after a moment, embarrassed from the others' blank stares. Even he had no clue about what he said.


“That makes some sense,” Harry finally said with a nod. “Come to think of it, it has been some time since I've meditated.” Harry thought out loud.


“Meditating Harry?” Dumbledore asked. “How would that help?”


“Never mind.” Harry said not paying attention to what Dumbledore asked him. He was too busy thinking. He really needed to get his power back to where it should be. That escapade to save the stone shouldn’t have used up all of his magical energy.


“So the stone isn’t destroyed then?” Harry asked. “I mean I didn’t get it out of the mirror this time. And I know neither Voldemort nor Quirrell knew how your test worked.”


“Alas, it has been destroyed.” Dumbledore said. “I talked to my good friend Nicholas and he and his wife thought it was best for it to be destroyed.”


“But they will die then won’t they?” Sirius asked.


“Yes but to a well organised mind…” Dumbledore started.


“...Death is but the next great adventure.” Harry finished for him.


“I suppose you’ve heard that quite a lot then in the future?” Dumbledore said.


“Yeah, a bit.” Harry absently agreed.


“So how are Ron, Hermione and Neville?” Harry asked.


“They are all fine.” Sirius said. At Harry's pointed look, he clarified his statement, “They are worried about you but they are all fine nonetheless. There is a question I would like answered though, if it’s okay.


“Sure.” Harry agreed immediately.


“How is it that Quirrell couldn’t touch you?” Sirius asked.


Harry smiled as he said the answer. “Mum.” Sirius looked downright confused at this point. “My mum died to save me. Her love for me. It is one thing that Voldemort doesn’t understand and the one thing that will be his downfall. Mum died trying to protect me, out of love. And she did just that. Her love runs through my blood. With that protection Voldemort can never touch me.”


“Is that why erm… I'm not sure how to put this…” Sirius said.


“Is that why I stayed alive when everyone else died?” Harry asked for him. Sirius just nodded. “No. Voldemort bypassed that protection by using my blood in his resurrection spell at the end of the fourth year. I was just lucky that I managed to stay alive. Or unlucky if you want to see it from my point of view.”


“You wished you died?” Sirius asked.


“No.” Harry said and saw that both Dumbledore and Sirius were confused so he decided to explain. “If I had died then I wouldn’t have had to see my family and loved ones die.” “Especially Ginny,” He added as an afterthought. He hesitated for a moment before continuing, “But then I wouldn’t have managed to come back in time to try and stop it in the first place. So no I don’t wish I died. But if I had maybe they wouldn’t have had to go through that.”


“They would have gone through it anyway Harry.” Sirius said. “Voldemort wouldn’t just leave them alone just because you died. And if you died then we would all be…”


“Doomed.” Harry finished for him.


“I was going to go for dead. But yeah, that works too.” Sirius replied.


“You’re...right.” Harry slowly said, as if he didn't quite believe it yet.


“See here Albus.” Sirius said “I was right for once.”


“Lucky you.” Dumbledore replied. There was a moment of silence...then all three started laughing uproariously. Madam Pomfrey returned to see what the fuss was about.


“See here!” Pomfrey said. “I told you he needed rest.”


“Yeah guys. I need all my energy for the quidditch game tomorrow.” Harry said with a smirk.


“If you even think I'm going to let you play in that quidditch game you’ve got another thing coming.” Madam Pomfrey threatened.

The world blurred before fading to black as the potion that the mediwitch had given him recently started to take effect. Harry's last thoughts were anything but coherent, but they were something along the lines of, 'I feel fine...'


***


Harry woke up very early in the morning. The sun was just peeking over the horizon at the time. He groggily reached for his glasses which were on the bedside table. Putting them on,he looked at Madam Pomfrey’s office and notice that she wasn’t around. He really didn’t want to get caught doing this. Slowly, and ever so quietly, he crept out of bed and got dressed. Once he was dressed he gave another quick look at Madam Pomfrey’s silent office and escaped the hospital wing. As soon as he was a couple of corridors away he called for Estelle.


“Harry, you’re doing okay?” Estelle said.


“I'm fine!” He asserted, “Why does everyone keep asking me that?” Harry asked her.


“We’re just worried.” Estelle said. “What’s up?”


“No one should be awake at this time.” Harry said. “Take me to the Gryffindor common room. I need to get my quidditch gear.”


“You’re planning on playing today?” Estelle asked.


“Why else would I want my quidditch gear?” Harry said. “The rest of the team should be down in the great hall already.” And with a flash, the two disappeared from the corridor.

Harry quietly snuck up the stairs to his dorm in order not to awake anybody. He quietly opened the door and fell back in surprise as Ron's snores, louder than his other dorm mates', suddenly assaulted his ears. So that was why no one else complained. Creeping in, he silently changed into his Quidditch uniform, grabbed his broomstick from one of his compartments in his trunk, and crept back down the stairs. By the time he reached the Great Hall, it was seven o’clock already. The sun was starting to shine brightly, but not many people were up.


Harry walked to where the rest of the team were sitting. Wood was halfway through giving them a team talk. Harry helped himself to some breakfast whilst listening to what Wood was saying. Surprisingly, even though the large room was almost empty, no one actually noticed his arrival.


“… and I know we can do this, Harry or not. We can win this. It’s beautiful weather outside, perfect for flying. We’ve got to keep them from scoring and score loads of goals. So let’s do it for Harry,” Before the team could cheer, Wood added another comment, “Although I'm so glad I don’t have to put up with his sarcastic comments.”


“Hey!” Harry said. “I could have done two sarcastic comments since I got here, but no I decided to restrain my self. If you’re going to be like that I just won’t bother.”


It was rather funny how quickly all six quidditch players turned to look at him. “What you doing here Harry?” Wood asked, surprised.


“It’s called eating. That’s what you normally do at a breakfast table.” Harry replied with a large grin, prompting a groan from the Griffindor captain.


“Okay I'm sorry about digging at your sarcastic comments.” Wood apologised.


“Pardon? Couldn’t hear you above the silence… could you repeat that?” Harry asked.


Wood scowled at Harry. “Harry…” he said warningly.


“It’s beautiful weather don’t you think. Compared to couple of weeks ago where you had us training in a thunderstorm.” Harry said as he kept going, ignoring Wood's warning. “I seem to remember saying that the weather wouldn’t be anything like what it was two weeks ago.”


“Okay okay but can I please get back to the team talk?” Wood irritatedly asked.


“Depends. Do you want to bore us to death?” Harry replied. Wood just ignored him and went back to rallying the rest of the team. Harry leaned over to Fred, who was sitting next to him, and muttered. “I take that as a yes.” Fred sniggered quietly. Harry tuned out Wood and started to stare around the Hall. It really was beautiful when it was mostly empty. The house elves did a great job cleaning it up from last night. The tables sparkled, as the few rays of light streaming through the ceiling briefly touched the tables before fading away. Harry looked at the entrance and saw a glance of long red hair. Harry continued to look around when he realised that he didn’t know anyone with long red hair at Hogwarts. His gaze returned to the entrance, but he didn't see anything out of the ordinary.


“Harry are you okay?” George asked from across the table.


“I think I’m going crazy.” Harry replied.


“Going? I think it's too late for you to be thinking that, Harry.” Fred said. Harry turned back to Fred and gave him an annoying look. “What? Are you the only one allowed to make sarcastic jokes?” Fred asked a fake look of hurt on his face.


“Yeah it’s in my contract.” Harry replied without missing a beat.


“Will you three pay attention!” Wood shouted at them “This is the quidditch cup final! Don’t you care whether you win?”


“Of course Wood.” Harry said. “Why do you think I snuck out of the hospital wing for!”


“Snuck…?” Wood said “You mean Madam Pomfrey doesn’t know you’re here?”


“I don't think I'd be here if she did.” Harry replied. “Oh, and daisies please, everyone seems to like them.”


“I don’t think this is a good idea Harry.” Wood said.


“I'm the one who will get into trouble.Trust me. I'm fine. I can play.” Harry said.as he emphasized his last three sentences.


“Wood. You’re not actually thinking of letting him play are you?” Katie questioned. The entire team looked sceptical.


“Come on I’ll be fine.” Harry said. “If Voldemort can’t kill me then I doubt a game of quidditch will. And if Madam Pomfrey starts berating you I’ll just say it was all Fred and George’s idea. They are used to getting into trouble. And by the way, thanks for the toilet seat. Shame Pomfrey confiscated it.” Fred and George both burst out laughing at that comment.


“I don’t know Harry.” Wood said.


“Come on let him play.” George said.


“Yeah what harm could it do?” Fred asked..


“Harry you sure you’re okay?” Wood said.


“Can people please stop asking me that!” Harry nearly screamed out.


After more early risers entered the Great Hall, Wood decided that it was time to go down to the pitch. Everyone hesitantly stood up before shuffling out of the Great Hall. As Harry crossed through the entrance hall and started to exit through the front entrance he glanced back again, only to see a strand of long red hair disappearing behind the bottom of a staircase. He stared at that spot for a moment longer, as if expecting the owner to reappear.


“Harry will you keep up!” Wood shouted . Harry broke out of his trance and hurried over. Not so long after, Harry was changing yet again, ready to play some quidditch.


“Alright guys.” Wood started off. “We haven’t been in a quidditch cup final in years. This is our chance to finally prove who the better team is. So go out there and fly like I know you can. You do that and I know we can win.”


“All for one and one for all.” Fred shouted exuberantly.


“Catch your pants before they fall.” Harry tacked on, and just then Fred’s trousers undid themselves and full down to his ankles. Fred quickly grabbed them and pulled them back up amongst serious laughter from the team.


“That weren’t funny Harry!” Fred said.


“Kids have no sense of humour these days.” Harry said thinking aloud.


“Kids? You’re a kid too you know.” Fred said with a confused look. He wasn't the only one.


“I know, but I'm an odd duck.” Harry replied sweating a little.


“Won’t argue with you there.” Fred grunted. Some still looked at Harry strangely, but the matter was over for now.


Once they had all settled down Wood went off on his usual pre match talk. Harry once again zoned him out. All he had to do was catch the snitch. As long as they won, even if it was by ten points they would win the cup.


“Alright, it’s time.” Wood said and the team marched out onto the quidditch pitch to Lee Jordan’s voice.


“And welcome to the Quidditch Cup Final of Hogwarts between the two teams Gryffindor and Ravenclaw! Ravenclaw needs to lead by 120 points before catching the snitch to win the cup. Gryffindor, however, only needs to win by ten points. It'll be the first time in years!” He said, as if Gryffindor's chances for the cup were assured.


“Jordan!” Came another voice over the magical microphone. Professor McGonagall was starting rather early this game.


“And the Gryffindor team is as follows, “Lee continued without missing a beat, “Wood, Johnson, Bell, Spinet, Weasley, Weasley and…. Potter? Potter is playing! Potter is out of the hospital wing and on the pitch! Potter is indeed playing. Sorry Ravenclaws but you better give up now.!”


“Jordan!” McGonagall’s cried yet again. Twice in two minutes, Lee was on a roll.


“Erm Sorry Professor. Potter was recently in the hospital after the recent encounter with You-Know-Who. It was said that Harry wouldn’t be able to play this match. However that is obviously being proven wrong.” Jordon announced to the stunned crowd.


“Harry.” Came Woods voice from next to him. “Catch the snitch as early as possible that’s all you need to do.” Harry turned to look at Wood as Madam Hooch released the quidditch balls.


“Captains shake hands.” She said. Wood and the Ravenclaw captain shook hands and afterwards Madam Hooch took the whistle close to her mouth. “Mount your brooms please.” Harry mounted his Nimbus two thousand and got ready to win Gryffindor the cup. “On the count of three. One, Two, Three. Madam Hooch’s whistle blew and Harry soared up in the air higher and higher so he could scan the game for the snitch.


“And Gryffindors got the Quaffle, Bell in possession, passes to Johnson who immediately after passes it to Spinnet. And she’s flying towards the goal hopes. Come on Alicia!” Alicia was just about to throw the Quaffle when she seemed to drop the Quaffle. The whole Gryffindor end moaned when all of a sudden Bell came flying underneath her and caught the Quaffle and threw it through one of the goal hoops which caught the Ravenclaw’s by surprise.


“What an excellent move from Gryffindor.” Jordan's voice called out. Harry watched as Gryffindor then went on a scoring spree, of 80-0. Harry’s return to the team seemed to inspire everyone. Fred and George were slamming the bludgers into all of the right spots and soon Gryffindor had extended their lead to 120 -0. If Harry caught the snitch now, Gryffindor would set the record of the only quidditch team in Hogwarts history to have a shut out and also to win a game by most points.


“Ravenclaw in position, they’re flying towards the Gryffindor goals.” Jordon said and Harry turned to watch all three of their chasers closing in on Wood with no one anywhere close to them. The chaser in position faked a shot which caused Wood to go the wrong way. The chaser now passed it to another one of there chasers and he was just about to throw it into an empty goal post when a bludger slammed into the back of him causing him to drop it. “EXCELLENT BEATING FROM ONE OF THE WEASLEY TWINS” Jordon screamed out. “Spinnet in possession.”


Harry continued to fly around the pitch closely looking for the snitch. Harry took one look at the crowed and his heart flew up into his throat. There in the stands, sitting next to Ron, Hermione, and Neville were Mr and Mrs Weasley, Sirius and Ginny. Harry continued to stare at Ginny, a smile forming across his face. Christmas seemed so far away now that he was seeing her once again. Ginny noticed that he was looking at her and slightly blushed whilst waving at him. All of a sudden a bludger came soaring at him and he had to do a barrel roll in order to stop himself getting hit.


The bludger whiffed his robes before flying away. There was another whoosh as George followed it.


“Get your head in the game and catch that snitch!” George shouted as he soared past.


The field flickered into view as Harry immediately focused on finding the snitch again. There wasn't a speck of gold in sight. Undaunted, Harry had his broom float higher into the air to see more of the game. With lazy circles, he began searching for the snitch again.

In the meantime, Ravenclaw nearly scored twice more but an excellent save from Wood and another precision hit from one of the Weasley twins saw Ravenclaw miss both chances.

After a deft twist, an unnecessary move that was borne from a combination of boredom and desperation, he finally saw a glimmer near Gryffindor's goal posts. He shot straight down at it. At the same moment, Ravenclaw was just starting a three on one counter attack, having recovered the quaffle when a bludger crashed into Angelina's side, the pain forcing her to release the quaffle as she struggled to remain mounted with a single arm.

Harry urged his broomstick forward faster hoping to catch the snitch before they scored. Harry reached out his arm ready to grab the snitch when it suddenly shot upwards. Pulling hard on the handle, Harry immediately followed, ignoring the shouts, as heknowingly climbed into the path of a bludger.


He could have caught the snitch even if he slowed down a little. But he urged his broom to fly faster, taxing his breathing as a consequence. He planned to blaze past the point where the bludger and him would meet. He wanted the bludger to pass harmlessly under him.


He wasn't fast enough. With a thud, the bludger collided with the bristles of his broom and his Nimbus flailed wildly in response.


In that desperate moment, before he was thrown from his broom, his hand closed around the snitch. Soon afterwards, Harry heard Lee announce that Ravenclaw had scored. Then he started to free-fall.


The game froze as everyone watched Harry desperately grab for his Nimbus with his free hand before broom and rider fell from the sky. Some swore that Harry made a slight leap through the air. Others claimed that the broom recognized its owner's desperation and flew closer. Knowing Harry's skill in magic, many claimed that it was pure luck. Whatever the case, Harry managed to grab onto the handle of his broom.


After a brief struggle through the air, Harry finally managed to mount his broom and coast downwards. Crisis averted, the crowd cheered wildly.


Harry flew to the ground to seeMadam Hooch in a talk with Wood and the Ravenclaw captain. Wondering what was going on he flew down to the ground where he was surrounded by his team mates. This time, when they asked if he was alright, Harry could only nod numbly.


Soon Wood joined them. “The goal didn’t count. Hooch decided that the goal was scored just after Harry caught the snitch. We won 410-0. We won and with a shut out guys! First one in Hogwarts history!” The team cheered loudly. After everyone calmed down, they started heading for the changing rooms to continue the celebration in the Gryffindor common room. Harry felt a little light-headed as he walked over towards the changing rooms. He was just about to go in when he caught someone calling out his name.


“Harry!” Someone shouted as he turned and recognised Ginny racing towards him. She ran straight into him wrapping her arms around him screaming. “YOU WON YOU WON!” Then she punched him in the shoulder. “How could you worry me like that? I thought you were going to fall!”


Harry could only shrug helplessly before he smiled at her, “What are you doing here Ginny?”


“Came to see you of course.” Ginny replied. “I thought it would be a good surprise after you surprised me at Christmas. Although I weren’t expecting you to play. People said you were unconscious in the hospital wing.”


“I was.” Harry said. “I woke up last night. You don’t think anything could keep me away from the quidditch cup final do you?”


“Boys and quidditch.” Ginny muttered.


“And who may I ask sneaks out in the middle of the night to practice flying her brother’s broomstick.” Harry teased her.


“How the hell do you know about that?” Ginny asked shocked.


Harry's jaw dropped when he heard that. While playful, Ginny was usually careful about presenting, what she thought was, her best side in his presence. It wasn't often he heard her curse. Recovering quickly, he was just about to answer when he heard footsteps and he looked up to see Neville, Ron and Hermione running towards them.


“Harry. You’re awake!” Hermione screamed out.


“Umm, Hermione, how did you work that one out?” Neville asked. To which the mentioned girl responded with a huff.


“Harry you won! And you’re awake! Why didn’t you tell us?” Ron asked.


Harry smiled at them and realised he still had his arms around Ginny he gently let go of her, pretending that he was brushing a stray hair off of the redhead's shoulder. There was a knowing smile on Hermione's face though. Damn it! Harry thought.


“I didn’t wake up till yesterday afternoon.” Harry explained. “And that was just a little while before Madam Pomfrey gave me this horriblly disgusting drink.”


“And there was a reason for that Mr Potter!” Came Madam Pomfrey’s voice. “How dare you sneak out like that! I was worried sick. Under no circumstances were you well enough to play in that game. Now come back to the hospital wing now!”


“But I'm fine!” Harry complained, conveniently forgetting about his light-headedness and the almost fall near the end of the game.


“. “Oh?” The mediwitch walked up to Harry and started to examine him, much to his discomfort.


“What is the matter?” came the voice of Mrs Weasley. Harry turned to see Mrs Weasley, Mr Weasley Sirius and Dumbledore walking towards them.


“This boy needs to get to the hospital wing.” Madam Pomfrey said as she stared into one of Harry's eyes..


“What happened?” Mr Weasley asked concerned.


“Nothing!” Harry responded with a placating smile as he looked away..


“Harry you better go to the hospital wing.” Dumbledore said to him when Poppy frantically started casting diagnostic spells..


Before he could glare at Hogwart's Headmaster, Hogwart's mediwitch touched him lightly on the shoulder to get his attention. He looked at where her arm was pointing before sighing and trudging towards the Hogwart's Hospital wing.


“Don’t worry Harry we’ll come with you.” Hermione said. The entire group trudged up to the hospital wing. Madam Pomfrey arrived last. Probably to make sure Harry didn't disappear again. She wasted little time in getting him changed and back into bed.


There was another pop. This time the potion was a deep purplish red.


“Oh no” Harry groaned which just caused Madam Pomfrey just to stare at him until he drank it. Once he drank it she went away leaving the others to sit around his bed. He happily noticed that Ginny was sitting the closet to him.


“So what really happened down in the chamber? The whole school is talking about it.” Ron asked.


“Ron! Like he needs reminding of his encounter with You-Know-Who.” Mrs Weasley said to him.


“It’s alright Mrs Weasley. I can talk about it.” Harry said. Harry shuffled around a little to get comfortable before he started to tell his side of the story. Hermione looked shocked when Harry described the way he greeted Quirrell.


“Facing immortal danger and he’s still sarcastic.” George said.


“He’s quickly becoming our favourite brother.” Fred said.


“Sorry Bill but you’re history.” George said immediately after, causing Harry to laugh. After that, it didn't take Harry long to finish his tale. Everyone was quiet as they contemplated the boy before him. Ginny, Harry noted with amusement, was looking at him in a new sense of awe.


“I'm still me Ginny.” He whispered to her so noone could hear. “Please don’t start thinking I'm some kind of super hero okay?” Ginny nodded and smiled back, but Harry was pretty certain she didn't quite understand yet.


“So the stone is gone then?” Ron finally said. “The Flamels are just going to die?”


“Yeah.” Harry said. “But there’s a saying. To the well organised mind death is just the next great adventure.” No one had a reply to that.


“So how long do you have to stay in here?” Mrs Weasley asked.


“Haven’t got a clue.” Harry said. “Ask Madam Pomfrey.”


“Until the end of year feast.” Madam Pomfrey said coming over.


“But that’s two days away!” Harry complained.


“You’re lucky I'm letting you have visitors.” She replied before setting a goblet before him.


“Another one?” Harry asked. “How many do I need?”


“Drink Potter.” She said and Harry reluctantly forced it down his throat.


“Yuck.” Harry moaned and Ginny giggled.


“You think this is funny?” Harry asked her.


“Just a little.” Ginny replied.


“Just wait till I get out of here and back home. I’ll come over and tickle you ‘til kingdom come.” Harry threatened her.


“Okay.” She said “As I always win the tickle matches. I know your sensitive spots Mr Potter.” Ginny smiled at him and then flushed deep red when she realised what she just said.


Harry just smiled; glad for once that he was Harry Potter.


***


Harry made his own way down to the feast, which didn’t take him long because of Estelle. Harry managed to get to his seat without many people in the Great Hall noticing so there wasn’t that much staring. The Great Hall was decorated with Gryffindor colours. Because of the quidditch cup and the fact that Harry and his friends didn’t have four hundred points taken off Gryffindor, they didn’t need the last minute points from Dumbledore to win the cup. Everyone was glad that the reign of Slytherin in both the Quidditch and the house cup had ended. Soon the Great Hall filled up. Ron, Hermione, and Neville were among the last few students to arrive.


“We went to get you from the hospital wing but Madam Pomfrey already said that you had already come down.” Hermione explained.


“Yeah, I didn’t want to walk in with everyone staring at me, so I came in when it was less crowded.” Harry said with a nod.


Just then Dumbledore stood up and the Great Hall went quiet. “Another year gone.” He said cheerfully. “And I must trouble you with an old man’s wheezing waffle before we sink our teeth into our delicious feast. What a year it has been! Hopefully your heads are a little fuller than what they once where. But not to worry, you have all the summer to forget what you learnt and have them nice and empty for September.” There were a few scattered chuckles at that.


“Now as I understand the house cup needs awarding. And the points stand as thus: In fourth place. Hufflepuff, with three hundred and fifty-two points. In third place Ravenclaw with four hundred and twenty-six points, Slytherin with four hundred and seventy-two points. And Gryffindor with five hundred and forty two points.” Dumbledore called out. The Great Hall erupted in a loud noise as three tables celebrated the downfall of Slytherin.


“Yes, yes, well done, well done. But please bare with me as I have got last minute points to give out. It shouldn’t take long.” Dumbledore called out. The Great Hall went deadly quiet and slightly worried. However Harry knew who they were going to so he didn’t have a care in the world. Although as they have already won the cup he didn’t know why Dumbledore was giving them out.


“Firstly to Mr Ronald Weasley, for the best game of chess Hogwarts have ever seen in many years. Twenty points to Gryffindor.” The great hall suddenly sighed in relief as they figured out what was going on. “Secondly to Ms Hermione Granger, for use of cool logic in the face of fire. I award twenty points to Gryffindor. Thirdly to one Mr Harry Potter. For pure outstanding nerve and courage. I award Gryffindor house Twenty-Five points. And lastly to Mr Neville Longbottom. Many people will say that Mr Longbottom didn’t do much. For those out there saying this, please let me explain why your thinking is misguided. It is true that Neville didn’t organise the chess game or manage to decipher a riddle or even fought Voldemort. However he did think of a way to help others. From devil’s snare all the way up to Harry facing Voldemort he was supporting his friends to the bitter end. His courage, to go along with his friends even though he could have been expelled shows that he is a true Gryffindor. And I'm sure the Gryffindor house is glad to have him. It is where he belongs. Therefore I award ten points for bravery, to Mr Neville Longbottom.”


Harry suddenly understood why he was giving them out. It wasn’t the points that mattered. It was the recognition of what they had done. The recognition of how smart Hermione was. Or how clever Ron was when he tried. How much courage Harry had. For how brave and loyal Neville really can be. It wasn’t the actions that Dumbledore was awarding the points for. It was the beliefs of each person that no matter how difficult something may look they did what they felt was right, not what they felt was easy.


***


Hermione was over the moon when the exam results came out. She was the top of the year. Harry managed a pass. But because of his act, in all practical magics, of failing twice before suceeding the third time, many weren't very high marks. Ron passed and Neville passed as well, alot better than Harry remembered from last time around. The last couple of days passed by quickly and soon their wardrobes were empty and trunks full. Notes were handed out as they walked out of the Great Hall and towards the boats to take them back across the lake telling them that no magic was to be used during the holidays. “I always hope they forget to give these out.” Fred said as everyone boarded the Hogwarts Express. The group passed the time playing exploding snap and devouring candyas the Hogwarts Express took them across towns and countryside. As they neared London they all changed into their muggle clothes, and soon after, the train pulled into Platform Nine and Three Quarters.


Harry, Ron, Neville, and Hermione waited by the barrier as the guard next to it let the students through, a few at a time. At his signal, Ron and Hermione went first. Soon after, Harry and Neville followed, and they exited the platform to look for Neville’s Gran and Harry's Godfather.


He had no forewarning. One minute, he was being pushed around by the busy crowd, the next Harry was fighting for his life as he was knocked to the ground and hugged by an enthusiastic redhead.


“Ginny you only saw me a couple of days ago.” Harry said, returning the hug rather forcefully.


“I know but I still missed you.” Ginny replied with a forced grin. She tried to tighten her hug, but Harry knew what to expect. Harry merely held his breath before tightening his own hold. The two broke down laughing soon after. “I can’t wait ‘til I come in September. Being at Hogwarts with you. It will be simply the best.” Harry thoughts strayed to next year and the diary Ginny would receive from one Lucius Malfoy. He needed to make a decision about that. And very soon too. It would be a very difficult decision. He just hoped he made the right one. The rest of Ron’s brothers came into view and soon they were sitting in the Ford Anglia riding their way back home, to the Burrow. Because no matter how much Potter Manor felt like home to Harry, the Burrow will always be at the top of his list.
Reviews 545
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear