Search:

SIYE Time:1:52 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Erasing The Future
By Moxterminator

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe, Post-HBP
Characters:All, Harry/Ginny
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Fluff, General, Humor, Romance, Tragedy
Warnings: Extreme Language, Mild Sexual Situations, Violence
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 545
Summary: Harry goes back in time to redo his Hogwarts years after losing the war, his family, and his wife, Ginny Potter, to Voldemort. Changes need to be made, but can all changes be good? Years 1-4
Hitcount: Story Total: 397046; Chapter Total: 8811
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
Close to Nine thousands words. Christmas break is always big. Hope you enjoyed. Especially the last part. I actually had another version on how that last part worked out but I decided that what happened would be too soon in the story line so I deleted it and you got this version. The other version is posted on my yahoo group if you interested in reading what happened.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Harry awoke very early the next morning. The sun hadn’t even crept past the horizon to announce the new day. Harry tried to sit up to think before he realised that someone was stopping him from moving. Ginny lay next to him, lying on top of his right arm. Her head rested on his chest. She was breathing gently and had a little smile on her face. Somehow during the night Harry and Ginny had moved closer in their sleep. A lot closer.


Harry looked up at the clock to see that it was five in the morning. Mrs. Weasley would be up soon to feed the chickens. If she saw him and Ginny like this…Harry tried to move his arm from under Ginny but he was too afraid to wake her. She needed her sleep if she was going to get better.


Thinking, Harry knew there was only one way. He had to do wandless magic. With his free hand, he cast a silent levitation spell and he felt Ginny’s body become weightless. Being careful no to wake her, Harry levitated Ginny’s body an inch off the bed so he could get his numb arm from under her.


After he had some feeling back in his arm, he got out of the bed and slowly levitated Ginny back down onto it. She stirred slightly and Harry held his breath, wondering if she was going to wake before she finally sighed and relaxed. Harry released a breath he didn’t know he was holding before going to his trunk and finding some clean clothes he could change into.


Harry took his clothes and left his room, going into the bathroom to have a wash and get dressed. Afterwards, Harry headed back to Ron’s bedroom where Ginny slept peacefully. Harry went to the edge of the bed and knelt down beside her. He didn’t want to wake her. But this was his room. And he couldn’t let Mrs. Weasley know that Ginny had slept in here, let alone in Harry’s bed last night. It was perfectly innocent. She just needed to feel safe to sleep and the only place she felt safe was near Harry. But he didn’t think that Mrs. Weasley would see it that way.


Harry took another glance at the Chuddley Cannon clock that hung in the room and saw that it was now five thirty. Mrs. Weasley would be up any minute and he needed to get Ginny back in her room. He didn’t want to levitate her down the stairs. The only way was to wake Ginny.


Harry put his arm on Ginny’s and gently rocked her, trying to wake her up. Ginny moaned out and pushed his arm away before snuggling back down into the covers. Chuckling slightly to himself, Harry shook her a bit more and Ginny opened her eyes.


“Hey sleepy,” Harry greeted her, smiling.


“What… what t-t-time is it?” Ginny asked, trying to stifle a yawn.


“Five thirty,” Harry told her and Ginny pushed Harry away.


“Then let me sleep,” she groaned, pulling the covers over head.


Harry pulled them back. “I really would love to Ginny. But I’m not sure how your mum will react to finding you sleeping in my bed.”


At hearing these words, Ginny’s eyes flew wide open. She looked around confused as to why she was in Harry’s room. Then she remembered last night and blushed slightly. “Oh, right.”


“Hey,” Harry said. “Why the blush? It was perfectly innocent. You were just trying to sleep. But I’m not sure if Mum will see it that way. So you need to get back to your room.”


“Right,” Ginny replied, looking around disorientated. “Yes.”


Slowly she got out of bed and sleepily walked towards the door. Harry put a hand on Ginny’s arm as she walked past him and she turned to look at him.


“Nothing happened last night,” Harry told her, smiling down at her.


Ginny’s head dropped down. “I was just being stupid wasn’t I?” she asked.


“No,” Harry said, gently putting his hand under Ginny’s chin and lifted her head so she was looking at him. “It’s understandable with what’s been going on this past term. But I promise you. It has stopped now.”


Ginny nodded. “I know. I mean, no one is going to hurt me here. I mean this is my family. And you’re my best friend. The most important person in my life. No one is going to hurt me here. I was being stupid.”


“No Gin, not stupid.” Harry told her. “Just believe that it’s over. Because it is, you know. It’s all over. I’m not going to let anyone make you do anything against your will.”


“Thank you,” Ginny whispered.


“You’re welcome,” Harry said as Ginny turned and left the room. Harry made his bed before heading down stairs to find Mrs, Weasley bustling around the kitchen. Sirius was sitting at the table drinking a cup of coffee whilst Jo pouring herself a cup of tea.


“Morning Harry,” Sirius said. “What are you doing up early?”


“Hoping to catch you before you go into work,” Harry said.


“Well, as I’m not going into work, you’ll be fine then,” Sirius answered, taking a sip of his coffee. Harry looked at him, confused.


“Harry, Sirius is my assistant. If I’m not at work, what is the point of Sirius being at work?” Jo said from the chair sitting next to Sirius. She had a cup of tea rather than coffee in her hands.


“None,” Harry said.


“Our exact point,” Sirius said


“So why aren’t you going into work today?” Harry asked addressing Jo.


“I take the Christmas holidays off,” Jo explained,


“They allow you to take all of the holidays off?” Harry asked, amazed.


“Well they did this year,” Jo explained. “There’s nothing for me to do at the moment, no new broom for me to test or reports to work on. The Firebolt is currently having some changes done to it and Nimbus hasn’t got a new broom for us to try out yet. So nothing to do at work really, apart from paper work. And who wants to do that?”


“Cool,” Harry said. Thinking that now would be a perfect time to talk to Sirius without Ginny being about yet. He then asked if he could talk to Sirius privately and the two of them walked out of the kitchen and into the living room so they wouldn’t be overheard.


“What’s up Harry?” Sirius asked. “I forgot to ask how Ginny was doing. Is she alright?”


“No,” Harry said. “Did Dumbledore tell you what happened?


“Yes,” Sirius said, “he mentioned it.”


“I should have listened to both of you. I should have never let her have that bloody diary,” Harry told him angrily.


“You can’t change that now,” Sirius replied. “So what is you wanted to talk to me about?”


“The Marauders Map,” Harry told him. “As Ginny is my actually wife her surname is coming up as Potter and not Weasley. Is there any chance to change it so it reads Weasley? Otherwise Ginny and the others are going to be asking questions about where it has gone.”


“Hmm,” Sirius said, thinking. “The type of magic to do that was your fathers and Remus’s work. I, of course, helped research for the map. However, they cast the spells. I wouldn’t know where to start to change her name. But I’ll bet Remus does.”


“But Remus doesn’t know that I’m from the future,” Harry said. “We can’t go and give him the Marauders Map saying ‘here fix it’. He will want to know why Ginny’s name is Potter!”


“We can’t tell him the truth?” Sirius asked. “I mean, I hate keeping secrets from my best mate. Let alone my girlfriend, Harry.”


“You’re NOT telling Jo,” Harry hissed out. “I like her but I don’t even know her.”


“I’m not asking permission to tell Jo,” Sirius said. “But why not tell Remus? You trust him right?”


“The same as I trust Mum and Dad,” Harry replied. “And you and Dumbledore. But I was only ever planning on letting three people ever know. You, Dumbledore, and Ginny when she is ready. That’s all the people I ever wanted to know.”


“So how do we explain this to Moony?” Sirius asked.


“We better think something up,” Harry said, “because I don’t particularly want to explain it all to him.”


Harry watched him try to figure out what they should do when something seemed to come to him. “You know. I don’t think we have to. Wait here. I’ll see if Moony is up.”


Harry didn’t know what Sirius worked out but he trusted his godfather enough to wait. As Sirius walked into the kitchen, Remus came down the stairs.


“Ah Moony,” Sirius said, coming back out of the kitchen, “can we have a word?” Remus looked confused, but followed Sirius back into the living room.”


“We need a favour with the Marauders Map,” Sirius told him when he was sure no one could overhear the three of them.”


Remus raised his eyebrows. “Why? What’s wrong?”


“Well you see it’s Ginny,” Sirius said, starting to explain. “Or rather Ginny’s name on it. It comes up with Ginny Potter rather than Ginny Weasley.”


Remus eyebrows rose to his hairline. “That’s impossible,” Remus whispered. “The map never lies.” Harry looked at Sirius, wondering how they were going to get out of the hole Sirius just suddenly dug them in too.


“We know that,” Sirius said. “What we need is for you make it say Ginny Weasley rather than Ginny Potter. If it’s possible.”


“But…” Remus said his head burrowed. “How come her name is Ginny Potter… it’s impossible.”


“No its not,” Sirius answered, looking at Remus. “We know why her name is Ginny Potter on the map. We just need it to say Ginny Weasley.”


“But why would it say Ginny Potter in the first place,” Remus asked, confused.


Sirius sighed before answering. “We can’t tell you that. No one knows that her surname is Potter rather than Weasley apart from Harry, Dumbledore, me, and now you. And we can’t tell you why. I’m sorry Moony but we can’t. What we do need to know is can you make it lie and say Ginny Weasley?”


“I’m not sure,” Remus said. “But what does this mean? Her surname is Potter. Lily and James didn’t have another child.”


“She’s not my sister,” Harry said.


“But... Then why…?” Remus muttered again.


“We can’t tell you,” Sirius stressed.


“Where is the map?” Remus asked.


“In my trunk upstairs,” Harry said. “We can’t tell you why her name is Ginny Potter. It’s just is. But we need the map to say Ginny Weasley instead. Can you do that?”


“I’ll need to have a look at the map…” Remus said slowly.


“Of course. I’ll give it to you once I get it from upstairs,” Harry said.


“We just need it to say Weasley Moony,” Sirius said. “Even if you have to make it lie. It has to say Ginny Weasley. No matter what.”


“And you’re not going to tell me why is says this?” Remus concluded.


“We can’t Moony,” Sirius said.


“But you know why?” Remus asked.


“Yes,” Harry replied.


Remus looked between the two and then shrugged. “I’ll see what I can do. I’ll have to have the map whilst Ginny is at school in order to test it out and have a look at changing her name.”


“That’s fine,” Harry said.


“Thank you,” Sirius said.


“Ginny doesn’t know does she?” Remus stated suddenly. “That her name is Ginny Potter.”


“No,” Harry said.


Remus eyed Harry for a second before smiling. “I’ll see what I can do.”


-oOoOoOoOo-


It was another hour before Ginny finally showed herself. She had come into the kitchen, rubbing her eyes sleepily, trying to wake herself. She had must of fallen back to sleep when she got back to her room, Harry reckoned. Which was a good thing.


“Morning sweetheart,” Mrs. Weasley said from the stove cooking breakfast.


“Mor — Mor — morning,” Ginny said yawning.


“Did you sleep well last night?” Jo asked. “You seemed to be tossing around a lot early on last night before you stopped.” Jo and Sirius were staying in the room next to Ginny’s. Ginny’s eyes quickly flicked over to Harry and back again before saying yes.


“Good. Now eat up,” Mrs. Weasley said, sliding three sausages, four bits of bacon and two eggs onto Ginny’s plate. Harry and Ginny ate gratefully. “What do you two plan on doing today?”


“Well I thought as it stopped snowing we could go play in the snow,” Harry said. “Build a snowman maybe.”


“You two have homework to do first,” Mrs. Weasley said, sitting down to her breakfast.


“We did our homework on the ride home, mum,” Harry told her.


“Smart boy,” Jo said between mouthfuls of egg.


“Well, I will want to look over it before you two go do anything,” Mrs Weasley said. “Just to see how good it is.”


“Sure mum,” Ginny said, a grin forming on her lips.


-oOoOoOoOo-


Once the two of them finished breakfast, they hurried upstairs to fetch the essays they put through the writer yesterday and gave them to Mrs. Weasley to look over. Once she was satisfied that their homework was to a good enough standard, Harry and Ginny put there essays back into their trunk so that they wouldn’t forget to take them back to school. Harry waited while Ginny changed and they then came downstairs to put on their hats, coats, and scarves so they wouldn’t get cold in the snow.


When they got outside, Ginny shivered slightly and Harry thought about casting a warming charm on her with wandless magic, but decided against doing so. Instead, Harry decided to warm her up by playing. Making sure that Ginny’s back was turned before bending down, Harry hastily made a snowball and stood back up, hiding it behind his back.


“So what do you want to do first, Gin?” Harry asked her, making sure the snowball was hidden from view.


“Don’t mind,” Ginny said. “I’m just glad…” But what she was glad about Harry didn’t find out because he threw the snowball at Ginny, hitting her and causing her to stop talking in mid sentence.


Ginny looked in complete shock at her now snow covered coat and then back at Harry. Harry still silently smiled at her but stopped when a rather well known mischievous smirk came across Ginny’s face.


Taking a step back Harry put his right hand out to protect himself. “Now Ginny, that was just a playful throw mind.”


Ginny, however, wasn’t listening. She bent down and made herself a massive snowball. “Come now, Ginny. Is it necessary to make one that big? Think about this for a second. I mean, I have been helping you out this term.”


“If I throw this snowball will you stop helping me?” Ginny asked, gently standing back up and holding it in her right hand.


“Well, no,” Harry said. “But…” He was cut off as the snowball that Ginny had held in her hand smacked him right in the face. Ginny burst out laughing as Harry wiped snow from his eyes.


“So you want to play that game do you?” Harry asked.


Ginny looked back at him, smiling, and then nodded. Quickly, Harry bent down and tried to make a snowball to throw at her. However, Ginny was quicker. When Harry stood back up to aim, another snowball smashed into his already snow covered face and Harry had to shake his head to be able to take aim at Ginny. When the snow had left his eyes enough so he could see, he saw that Ginny had taken off running from Harry and towards the stream and the wood near The Burrow.


Chasing after her, Harry threw the snowball at her and it just missed her by an inch. Turning her back to see Harry, Ginny stuck her tongue playfully at him before bending quickly down in mid run and scooping up some snow to make another snowball.


For hours they threw snowballs between them, some hitting, some missing. Unfortunately, Ginny’s expertise at playing Chaser helped her amazingly and nine out of ten times her snowballs hit Harry dead on. Harry’s aim wasn’t as good so Ginny wasn’t as covered with snow as Harry was.


Harry chased her all the way around The Burrow, laughing and slipping as he tried to catch up with her. As they came to the front door, Harry managed to grab Ginny and together the both fell to the ground, rolling in laughter.


As Harry lay in the snow, he started to tickle Ginny and she started to squirm away from Harry, but he was too quick for her. He pinned her arms to the side of her with his knees allowing his now free hands to tickle Ginny relentlessly and Ginny screamed out in laughter. For five minutes, Ginny was pinned to the floor, Harry tickling every inch of her body. Ginny tried many times to get the upper hand and to turn the tables on Harry but for some reason she couldn’t. Finally, after trying to push Harry off and getting rather cold lying in the snow Ginny gave up.


“I give,” she laughed out, trying to squirm away from Harry’s hands. “I give.”


Stopping, Harry sat back up so he was still straddling Ginny’s waist. He didn’t trust her. Ginny never gave up in a tickling match. She always won.


“Do you want to get off me Harry?” Ginny said, smiling ear to ear. “It’s just a bit wet lying in the snow and were both soaked.”


“So lying in the snow won’t make any difference will it?” Harry replied to her. “I’ve never won before. I want to make the most of it.”


“I never gloat after I win,” Ginny said, managing to free her hands from under Harry’s legs.


“Oh what a lie,” Harry said, adjusting his position and making sure Ginny’s hands was safe away from his side.


“Fine,” Ginny exclaimed. “I always gloat. Now will you get off me?” Ginny said, pushing against Harry’s chest, but Harry grabbed both her wrists and then pinned them down above her head so there faces was inches away from each other.


“I swear it was never this hard before,” Ginny said. Harry and Ginny’s faces were so close now. “So what are you going to do now Harry. You have me at your mercy.” Ginny asked gently, smiling and Harry blinked for a second as he swore he saw Ginny’s eyes flick to his lips.


“Well I don’t know,” Harry replied. “Whatever I want,” Harry said as he looked down at her sparkling brown eyes and then at her beautiful smile.


“And what is it you want?” Ginny asked, whispering.


“Harry! Ginny! Lunch time,” Mrs. Weasley called from the kitchen door, her voice travelling around to the front of The Burrow. Harry jumped at her voice and looked down at Ginny smiling.


“Come on,” Harry said, getting off Ginny. “We will want to warm up before lunch.” Ginny, confused at suddenly being free from being pinned from Harry, frowned before getting up.


“Sure,” Ginny said, looking at Harry. She followed him back to the kitchen doorway.


-oOoOoOoOo-


Harry went into his bedroom to quickly change his soaking wet clothes into warm dry ones. As he started to get changed he pondered about what had just occurred. After five minutes, he came to only one conclusion. He had slipped up. He nearly kissed Ginny. He was caught up in the moment and if he were being honest with himself, he would have kissed her if Mrs. Weasley hadn’t called out. He had to be more careful. What on earth would Ginny think if her best friend, the friend she has feelings for and she thinks has no feelings for her suddenly kissed her. If anything, she’d be confused.


After pulling on dry clothes, Harry walked out of the bedroom and down the stairs and met Ginny near her bedroom. Ginny smiled at him when she saw him and walked down the stairs with Harry.


“What do you want to do after lunch?” Ginny asked as she led the way down the spiral staircase.


“I thought as we played outside this morning we could do something inside this afternoon. Keep warm, as it is cold outside,” Harry replied as they came into the kitchen.


“Like what?” Ginny asked.


“Play chess,” Harry suggested. “Or just relax by the fire in the living room. Whatever you want.”


“I like the sound of that,” Ginny said, looking up at Harry.


“Then that is what we will do!” Harry announced.


Therefore, the rest of the day Harry and Ginny relaxed inside The Burrow. They played Wizard’s Chess for a while, and when they became bored, they switched to playing Exploding Snap. They ate some sweets that were left over from the train journey and relaxed on the sofa by the fire.


They had tea when Mr. Weasley arrived home from work with the Ministry and they had spaghetti and meatballs. The rest of the evening was spent with the family, hanging out in The Burrow laughing and talking. Harry noticed that Ginny and Bill weren’t as closed as he remembered and wondered why. Then he realised that his memory of Bill and Ginny being close was of last time around. This time Ginny had Harry growing up and never had to build a close relationship with Bill. Although Bill was definitely still her favourite brother. He guessed it was easier for Ginny to get closer to someone closer in age. And it helped that Harry wanted to be that person Ginny came to whenever she had a problem.


That evening Ginny stayed in her room and Harry laid awake thinking about Ginny. She was doing a lot better than Harry expected her to be. They had only been home for a whole day and yet Ginny seemed to not worry as much as she did when she was at Hogwarts. She also seemed to finally trust Harry and not be afraid that her family would find anything out. He was glad that she was all right and even more glad that he had decided to take the diary away from her so no harm could be done.


-oOoOoOoOo-


The week that led up to Christmas was the best week of the year so far in Harry’s opinion. Harry thought that coming home to The Burrow would help Ginny a lot. But he never realised just how much it would help her. Ginny lazed around the Burrow without a care in the world all week. Whenever Harry met her gaze, Ginny always had a blazing smile on her face.


Harry couldn’t help but feel happy that Ginny was finally getting over the last term. Or at least not worrying about it while she was here. Ginny had even started to crack jokes again. Something Harry hadn’t heard her do since that summer. Soon Christmas morning arrived and Harry was rudely awakened at seven by a red headed female tickling him out of pure joy.


“Is there any reason why you woke me up early this morning?” Harry asked, bleary eyed as he reached for his classes.


“Presents!” announced Ginny, grinning as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.


“You know we have to wait until after breakfast to open them. Plus you ruined a perfectly nice dream I was having,” Harry told her.


“Oh?” Ginny asked, a sparkle coming to her eyes. “And what was the dream about Mr. Potter?”


“Wouldn’t you like to know?” Harry said to her.


“Yes,” Ginny said, “I would. Why on earth do you think I asked?” Ginny added, rolling her eyes. Harry got out of bed and tickled her side in reply. Ginny skipped away from Harry, a playful glow in her chocolate brown eyes.


“Was that a challenge Mr. Potter?” Ginny asked him


“I believe it was Ms. Weasley,” Harry said, smirking.


“You think that’s wise?” Ginny asked, rolling up her sleeves.


“I won last time didn’t I?” Harry reminded her.


“Even more reason for me to try my hardest,” Ginny said.


Harry, realising his sudden mistake, gulped before running out of his room, Ginny following him close behind. Ginny caught up with him on the bottom step of the stairs that led into the kitchen and Harry and Ginny both fell to the floor. Ginny hands a blur as Harry tried to get out of arms reach.


“Merry Christmas to you, too,” Mr. Weasley said from the kitchen table.


“Merry… Christmas… Dad…” Harry puffed out between bouts of laughter, Ginny laughing along with him.


“Merry Christmas Dad,” Ginny laughed out as she dodged Harry’s latest effort to tickle her back.


“You two are in a good mood this morning,” Jo commented from beside Remus.


“It’s Christmas!” Ginny exclaimed, her hands finding every inch of ticklish skin on Harry’s body whilst Harry failed miserably trying to tickle her back. “Give?” she asked Harry as she grabbed his hands and held them away from her sides.


“For now,” Harry grumbled out, eyeing Ginny in case she made a fresh attack. She stuck her tongue out at Harry and he seized his chance. As quick as lightning he caught her tongue between his thumb and forefinger.


“Wathhh thhhe?” Ginny said in surprise.


“Now I will give you your tongue back if you promise not to tickle me anymore,” Harry told her.


“Youth shtarted it,” Ginny moaned out.


“And I’m finishing it,” Harry said playfully. “Now promise not to tickle me.”


“Thor how long?” Ginny asked.


“Forever?” Harry suggested, but by the look of Ginny’s gaze, he realised that he wasn’t ever going to get her to agree to that, no matter what. “Fine. For the rest of the Christmas holidays.” Ginny looked at Harry sceptically and Harry returned the stare. “Fine.” Harry relented. “How about you’re allowed to tickle me only if I start tickling you first?”


“Buth you wonth sthart ith,” Ginny said.


“I know,” Harry said smiling. “Brilliant plan ever, if I do say so myself.”


“Fineth,” Ginny said and Harry let go of her tongue.


“Are you two quite finished?” Mrs. Weasley asked from the kitchen stove where she was cooking pancakes.


“Yes mum,” both Harry and Ginny said together.


“Good,” Mrs Weasley said. “Now sit.”


Harry and Ginny sat at their usual places at the table and waited for Mrs. Weasley to place the usual Burrow Christmas Brunch of pancakes, bacon, and sausages on there plates. As Mrs. Weasley was giving Remus his food, Sirius came down the stairs.


After a rather joyful Christmas breakfast the seven of them then went into the living room and settled down to open there Christmas presents. Ginny sat on the sofa closest to the fire with Harry sitting beside her. Mr. and Mrs. Weasley shared another sofa whilst Remus sat in a single chair. Sirius and Jo were sprawled out on the floor. As they were the closest to the tree, they were nominated to hand out the Christmas presents.


Jo handed Ginny the first present and Harry noticed that it was from her mother. Ginny carefully unwrapped the present and out fell the usual Weasley Jumper with some sweets. Smiling, Ginny put on the jumper.


Sirius got a present next. It was apparently from Remus. Sirius opened it up to reveal posh quill and stationary set.


“Since when do I need these?” Sirius asked Remus.


“Are you or are you not a secretary?” Jo asked him.


“So?” Sirius asked confused.


“Sirius, do you actually do any work when you’re in the office?” Jo asked him.


“Me, work?” Sirius joked. “You really don’t know me very well Jo. I’m disappointed.”


Jo rolled her eyes. “Stop messing around and say thank you.”


Chuckling, Sirius put the posh stationary set down on the floor next to him. “Thanks, mate. I was running low on ink and quills and parchment. Hey, my work may actually be neater now.”


“Thank God. I could hardly read your writing,” Jo muttered.


“Then why the hell did you hire me woman!” Sirius demanded.


“You’re nice eye candy when I’m bored,” Jo said, sticking her tongue out, causing Sirius to laugh.


Sirius then handed a present over to Harry. Harry, frowning, unwrapped the paper to find an old wooden chest with a lock. Harry looked around and couldn’t find a key anywhere. “How exactly am I meant to get into this chest?” Harry asked Sirius.


“With a little help from Ginny,” Sirius said, going over to the tree and getting a small present and handed it to the redhead. Ginny opened it to see a little box with an opaque lid. In the box was a key.


“So you own the chest and Ginny owns the key,” Sirius explained. “Which means it’s both yours. And you need each other’s approval to use what’s inside. I thought that would be useful so you can’t use them on each other. Unless, of course, the other agrees to it.”


Ginny opened up the box and took the key out and handed it to Harry. Harry placed the key in the lock and turned it. With a click, the lid opened slightly and Harry lifted it to see bottles and bottles of potions. Lying on top was a bit of parchment with writing on it.


“What are these?” Harry asked taking a small phial out and looking at it.


“All sorts of potions. But most are helpful with pranks,” Sirius explained. This made Harry and Ginny’s face turn to shock.


“Did you really think me and Remus wouldn’t hear about the Ghosts of the Marauders?” Sirius asked, laughing.


“What do you mean Ghost of the Marauders?” Mrs. Weasley asked, eyeing them suspiciously.


Harry and Ginny shifted in their seats. “It’s a group, Molly, that Harry, Ginny, Fred and George have made. Like the Marauders.” And to everyone’s surprise, Mrs. Weasley sighed.


“I can’t win can I? No matter what, you will always encourage them to pull pranks,” Mrs Weasley said, shaking her head.


“Molly, it’s only a bit of fun. Harry and Ginny know the importance of a good grade ,too,” Sirius said.


“Harry and Ginny might, but Fred and George don’t. All they want to do is pull pranks,” Mrs Weasley said.


“Molly, Fred and George are bright kids. They’ll do what is right. Not necessary by you. They will do what is right for them. They won’t end up jobless and wandering the streets,” Sirius said. “Look at me. I was a Marauder and now I’ve got a job.”


“I know. But it took you a while to get one. I’m just worried for them,” Mrs. Weasley said.


“We know, Molly dear,” Mr. Weasley said. “But we have to have faith in them all to know that they will do what is right for them. And not having a job isn’t right for them. And I have faith that Fred and George know that too. They’re bright boys. They’ll be fine.”


“So…” Ginny said, looking at the potions. “What do they do?”


“Well, it’s a different potion for different things,” Sirius said, turning his attention back to the chest. “This one here...” Sirius said, taking out a bright blue potion, “will turn the drinker into a pig. They will turn back after a little while. And this one here,” Sirius said, pointing to a green one, “will make your hair turn into snakes. I thought that one would be good to use on those Slytherins.” Sirius then lifted the box out and Ginny and Harry saw that there was another level under that. And another level under that. And another one. Sirius lifted five levels out, and Harry suddenly realised that they all couldn’t fit in the size of the chest and that the chest must be magically expanded. Sirius finally stopped after pulling out the sixth box out and took out a phial with clear liquid. He then turned to Ginny and handed it out to her. “I think you might like this one.”


Ginny’s face looked at the phial before turning back to Sirius. “If you think I’m going to drink anything you give me out of that chest you have to be mad,” Ginny said.


“Trust me. It won’t hurt. I actually think you’ll enjoy this. I wouldn’t do anything that you wouldn’t like. Not with your parents and Harry here. Drink it. You’ll have fun I promise,” Sirius said, holding out the phial to her again. Ginny slowly took the phial of clear liquid from Sirius hand and looked at Harry.


“He knows I will kill him if he hurts you. I think it will be okay,” Harry said to Ginny. Ginny nodded. She then took out the cork, took a deep breath and downed the potion. Ginny waited for something to happen, but nothing did.


“Okay what’s meant to happen?” Ginny asked, looking around and then at herself.


“Nothing straight away. It will take some seconds to start working,” Sirius said. However, after thirty seconds nothing had changed about Ginny.


“I guess it didn’t work,” Harry said.


“I take it so,” Ginny said, putting her hand on her stomach. “Although I feel really bloated at the moment.


“It’s working, then,” Sirius said smiling.


Harry watched Ginny carefully and saw that Ginny was rubbing her stomach and started to lye back down on the couch. “I feel so light headed,” Ginny said, closing her eyes.


“Well, yes, there is probably a reason for that,” Sirius said.


“And what may that be?” Harry asked. “You said this wouldn’t hurt her.”


“It won’t. It’s part of the potion,” Sirius reassured Harry.


“I feel so light,” Ginny suddenly said. “Like I don’t weigh anything.”


“Yes. You probably don’t,” Sirius said, eyeing her. Harry looked at Ginny carefully and saw that her pyjamas were hanging off her and the sofa where she was suddenly sitting was no longer sagging under Ginny’s weight. And as he looked, Harry saw an empty space coming between Ginny’s bottom and the sofa. To Harry’s utter amazement, he realised that Ginny was floating. Harry watched amazed as Ginny slowly started to drift upwards.


“Ginny!” Mrs. Weasley said, shocked as Ginny started to float higher. Ginny floated like a feather all the way up so that she was near the ceiling.


“I feel so weightless. It’s almost like I’m flying,” Ginny cried in awe.


“Ginny open your eyes,” Harry told her. Ginny opened them and saw the ceiling and a look of shock came over her face. She looked down and saw that she was floating.


“What the!” Ginny exclaimed, suddenly going stiff and putting her hand on the ceiling. “What’s going on? Get me down.”


“Ginny, it’s okay, calm down,” Sirius said. “It’s a weightless potion. It makes you lighter than air. And gives you the ability to fly, apparently. I never tried it. To manoeuvre yourself about you do the same actions as if you were swimming. I know you love flying so I thought you’d like this. Try moving about. It’s just like you’re swimming.”


Ginny slowly and steadily put her arms out in front her and very slowly pulled them back as if she was in water. And Ginny suddenly started moving forward. Slowly and steadily, Ginny lifted her legs so she lay horizontally behind her and her arms stretched. Ginny took a deep breath before moving her arms be her sides as if she was doing the breaststroke. And Ginny suddenly started to move forward. Ginny turned around in mid air and did the same again in another direction. Ginny then laughed out. Harry looked at her face and could see that the shock and worry was very quickly changing to wonderment and enjoyment.


Ginny suddenly looked down and put her legs high up in the air and pulled her out stretched arms down to her side and she flew down heading towards the floor. Ginny put her arms to her side suddenly and pushed them forward in order for her to stop herself flying into the floor. She stopped, hovering a couple of feet above the carpet. Ginny then using the same technique flew slightly higher had over to Harry, laughing all the way.


“I love this. Harry you have to try this. It’s so much better than a broom,” Ginny said. “You feel very weird at first. But then it goes and…this is just great! You have to try this.”


Harry turned to the chest, but Sirius stopped him. “You have other presents to unwrap first. Maybe if you’re good you can drink some potions for fun later. Right now, Ginny needs to stop flying so she can open the rest of her presents,” Sirius said, getting an orange colour potion out. Sirius held out the potion for Ginny to take.


“Do I have to?” Ginny whined, pouting in mid air and Harry thought she looked very funny and very cute at that precise moment.


“No,” Mrs Weasley said, “but you won’t get any more presents if you don’t.” Sighing, Ginny flew over to Sirius and took and drank the orange potion. Ginny waited a couple of seconds before her hand flew to her mouth. A loud burp came out and Ginny promptly fell to the floor.


“Owe,” Ginny moaned out. “That hurt.” Sirius just chuckled as Ginny moved across the floor and over to the sofa to sit back next to Harry. Harry watched her carefully and Ginny smiled at him as she sat back down and leaned against the armrest.


“So those potions are both of ours?” Ginny asked him, burping again.


“Yes. The chest is Harry’s. And the key is yours,” Sirius explained. “The chest automatically locks itself when you close the lid,” Sirius explained as he put the last of the boxes back into the chest and closed the lid. “The instructions will tell you more about what else is in the chest and what they do. But I thought you might like that one, Ginny.”


“Yes,” Ginny said, smiling. “I did.”


As they continued with opening presents, Harry notice Ginny get a Herbology book from Neville and a book about the Chuddley Cannons from Ron. Ginny supported a different team to Ron, but Ginny hadn’t plucked up the nerve to tell him. Hermione’s present to Ginny was Hogwarts: a History. Harry shook his head and Ginny chuckled as she put it with her other presents.


Harry received sweets from Ron and a broomstick servicing kit from Neville. Harry wondered what Hermione would get him when he turned thirteen now that Neville had given him this now. His broomstick did need a clean, come to think about it. Ginny also got some more glamour potions from Fred and George, which would be useful for the future term. However, Harry was hoping that Ginny wouldn’t need them. Harry also got the yearly Weasley jumper that Mrs. Weasley gave everyone.


Soon they were down to the last two presents. And as usual, they were the presents Harry and Ginny had given to each other. Ginny carefully unwrapped the present to find a ring. It was silver and had no markings on it what so ever. She slipped it on her right middle finger whilst smiling adorably at Harry. Mr. and Mrs. Weasley shared a knowing smile.


Harry unwrapped his present to find a new watch. It was very nice and was definitely better than his cheap tacky one. Putting it, on he smiled at Ginny, who was playing with the ring on her finger.


They put the left over wrapping paper away and Harry and Ginny lugged there new presents up to their rooms. When Harry and Ginny got to Ginny’s room, Ginny put all her presents on her bed and turned to look at Harry.


“Why did you get me this ring Harry?” Ginny whispered, still playing about with it on her finger.


“Because it isn’t a normal ring,” Harry said, putting his presents down on the floor. “Where is your wand Ginny?” Harry asked her and Ginny went to her bedside table and grabbed her wand. “Okay, now tap it.”


Ginny tapped her wand on the ring and it glowed white for a minute before going back to its normal plain silver. What did that do? Harry heard Ginny thinking and smiling, Harry replied in her mind.


It allows you to communicate with me with your mind, Harry replied to her in her head and Ginny’s face that was looking at the ring shot up to look at Harry.


‘Harry?’ Ginny said in her mind.


Yeah, it’s me, Harry said, nodding but not speaking. “Tap it again and it closes the connection so that I can’t hear your thoughts. It will work from a distance, too, and it should work around Hogwarts,” Harry said aloud this time and Ginny tapped the ring. Ginny stayed silent for a minute before smiling back at Harry.


“You don’t ever have to worry about anything now, Ginny. Even if you’re on your own. You will be able to communicate with me all you like,” Harry said. “It’s for when you go back to Hogwarts.”


Ginny rushed over to Harry and hugged him. She wasn’t saying thank you. She just showed her appreciating in her hug. “I don’t know what to say. Thank you seems to be well… an understatement.”


“Just make sure you use it if you need to,” Harry said. “I don’t like seeing you hurt. This term has been horrible for both you and me. I hate it when I see you like that Ginny.” Ginny pulled back and smiled up at Harry and Harry pushed a stray hair from Ginny’s face so he could see it clearly. Ginny’s smile was as big as ever and her hands rested on Harry’s chest.


“I know I keep saying it. But you are the most important person in my life. I don’t know what I’ll do without you,” Ginny said “Please never leave me,” Ginny added in a whisper.


“I will NEVER leave you Ginny,” Harry said taking both of her hands in his. “Never. Don’t ever think that. I will never leave you. I promise.”


“I’ll make sure you keep that promise,” Ginny said, putting her head against Harry’s chest.


“Make sure you do,” Harry said.


-oOoOoOoOo-


When Harry and Ginny got back downstairs, everyone else were sitting in the living room chatting.


“So what are you two planning to get up to today?” Bill asked from the sofa.


“We’re going to go build a snowman,” Ginny said, heading towards the back door.


“We are?” Harry asked, turning to look at her.


“Yup,” Ginny said, smiling. “We will both make a snowman and then you will come and say which one is the best.”


“Oh I will, will I?” Bill asked, raising his eyebrows.


“Yes,” Ginny said walking into the kitchen. “Unless you want a bat bogey hex,” she added teasingly.


“Of course I will be the judge,” Bill said in a fake joyful voice, causing everyone to laugh.


“And you will pick mine won’t you,” Ginny called from the kitchen.


“Hey!” Harry shouted to her. “That’s not fair.”


“You win some you lose some, Harry,” Ginny called back. “Now are you coming? Otherwise I’m going to get a big head start.”


Laughing, Harry went outside and both of them had fun making snowmen.


-oOoOoOoOo-


They spent the rest of the day outside playing in the snow. Harry caught Ginny playing with her ring quite a few times whilst they were playing and when Ginny saw that Harry noticed, Ginny just smiled silently and stopped only for Harry to catch her at it again not five minutes later.


Harry didn’t know why Ginny loved the ring so much. However, he could see that she did. They laughed about having fun in the garden and when it was no more than a half an hour before Christmas dinner, Bill came out to judge the snowman.


“Overall, I think you both definitely have potential,” Bill said in a mock posh voice. “However, I think that the clear winner here has to be Ginny.”


“You’re only saying that because you’re afraid of her bat bogey hex,” Harry said, pouting whilst Ginny did a celebratory dance.


“Wouldn’t you be?” Bill replied.


Ginny laughed and took Harry’s hand in hers. “Stop being a big baby and come get ready for dinner. You know mum cooks the best Christmas dinner.”


“You haven’t had a Christmas dinner at Hogwarts yet,” Harry told her.


“Nor have you,” Ginny said looking up at him, confused.


“I know, but apparently to Ron it’s really good,” Harry replied, trying to save his slip up.


“It’s Ron, Harry,” Ginny said, rolling her eyes and dragging him by the hand. “I’ll be very surprised if anything surpasses mum’s cooking, especially at Christmas.” And Harry realised that statement was properly very true.


When Harry and Ginny came down from changing, Harry saw that the table was full of food. The biggest turkey Harry had seen lay in the middle of the table. Harry and Ginny took the two empty seats and sat waiting for Mrs. Weasley to cut the turkey first.


The dinner was just as delicious as always. Mrs. Weasley had outdone her self again. They had parsnips and Brussels sprouts, as well as sausages wrapped in bacon and other Christmas food.


For pudding, Mrs Weasley brought out the usual chocolate log and Christmas pudding, as well as mince pies and ice cream. All too soon, the wonderful feast was over and Harry and Ginny sat in the living room together waiting for the dinner to go down before going back outside.


“How much longer do we have to wait mum? It will get dark soon,” Ginny moaned as Mrs. Weasley came into the living room. She looked outside, then at the clock and sighed. “You promise you’ll be careful. Harry, if the pond isn’t thick enough….”


“We won’t skate on it, I promise,” Harry said. Mrs. Weasley nodded and Ginny jumped of the sofa and pulled Harry to the kitchen to get his skates. Together, they walked outside towards the forest and where the lake ran.


When they got to the pond, Ginny quickly put her skates on and tentatively step onto the ice. “You know, mum asked for me to test it first,” Harry told her.


“Come on, Harry. We’ve been skating on this pond since I was five. Your telling me you can’t tell by just looking at it if it’s okay or not?” Ginny said, skating towards the middle of the pond.


“It’s completely fine, look,” Ginny said and she brought her foot up and slammed the skate back down onto the ice. Nothing happened. “You can tell it’s fine so stop being a spoil sport and come out to meet me.”


Shaking his head at Ginny’s boldness, Harry put on his skates, skating out to meet her. “Not so bad is it?” Ginny said mockingly.


“Shut it you,” Harry said, shoving her gently so that she moved back a bit. Ginny came to a stop and eyed Harry.


“Tag?” Ginny asked, although Harry knew it wasn’t really a question.


Harry nodded and raced off towards the other end of the lake as Ginny raced after him. When they got to the end, Harry turned in a semi-circle to try and get passed Ginny to be able to head back to the other end of the pond, but Ginny was a better skater than him. Ginny caught up with him and pushed him gently in the back, shouting loudly, “Tag!” before rushing off and leaving Harry behind to chase her.


It was difficult to catch Ginny. She was very good at skating and it took a good ten minutes for Harry to catch her. Ginny was skating down the middle of the pond and Harry was coming at her from the side of her. Harry headed instead of at her, but to just in front of her to the place Ginny was headed.


Ginny, who realised this, tried to stop but she couldn’t change direction in time. Harry came close enough to her to wrap his arms around Ginny’s waist and together the spun slightly and Ginny had to put her arms around Harry’s neck in order for her not to fall.


“Caught you,” Harry whispered to her. “Do I get a prize?”


“Depends,” Ginny whispered back.


“On?” Harry asked her.


“On whether I’m feeling generous,” Ginny said, eyeing Harry’s lips.


Harry saw her eyes flicker to his lips and Harry’s breath caught in his throat. Should they kiss? Ginny was doing a lot better now. But that was probably because she was at home. What would happen when they got back to Hogwarts? Undoubtedly, Ginny would start to worry again. If truth were told, Ginny wasn’t completely over the Chamber of Secrets, even though she was more cheerful now.


Harry looked from her lips and into Ginny’s eyes and was shocked to see how strong the emotion was there. It was oddly familiar and Harry stomach lurched. Harry wanted to kiss her. And he had no doubt in his mind that Ginny wanted him to kiss her. But the problem was, was it the right time?


The answer to what to do, however, was taken out of his hands when Ginny unwrapped her arms from Harry’s neck and skated backwards a bit.


“Sorry,” Ginny whispered.


“It’s alright, Gin,” Harry said taking her hand.


Ginny squeezed it gently before letting go and skating around the pond again. For a further thirty minutes, they skated around chasing each other around before Ginny got tired and sat down by the pond’s edge.


“Have fun?” Harry asked Ginny, sitting down next to her.


“Yes,” Ginny said, shivering slightly and Harry put an arm around her. “It’s starting to get dark. The sun will be setting soon.”


“I know,” Harry agreed. “Come on.” Harry said to her standing up and grabbing Ginny’s hand to pull her up. “Change your skates. I want to show you something.” Looking at Harry intrigued, Ginny changed into her normal shoes and, after Harry did the same thing, followed him through the woods.


Harry led Ginny into a clearing. The view was spectacular. Beneath them lay the woods and just beyond the woods was the little town of Ottery St. Catchpole. Sitting down in the snow, Harry tugged down Ginny down so she sat next to him.


“How did you find about this?” Ginny said, looking out over the town, obviously enjoying the view.


“My secret,” Harry said. “But you’re the only other person who knows of this place. And I want to keep it that way.”


“Of course,” Ginny said, turning her head to look at Harry. “I promise not to tell anyone.”


Harry lay back in the snow and Ginny lay down next to him, shivering some more. Harry put his arm around Ginny and pulled her close to him to keep her warm.


And there they lay, the two of them silently enjoying each other company, keeping warm by snuggling up with each other. They watched as the sun got lower in the sky and the stars started to shine brightly in the cold night air.


“We better get back soon,” Ginny said as her head lay on Harry’s chest, looking up at the starry night sky.


“Yes, we should,” Harry agreed, taking her hand in his. “Mum will get very worried if we don’t get back soon. She’ll be mad because it is dark.”


“I don’t want to leave though,” Ginny whispered. “It’s beautiful up here.”


“So true,” Harry said as he watched Ginny looking up at the stars.


“Harry? Ginny?” They heard a faint call of their names.


“That will be mum looking for us,” Ginny said, lifting her head off Harry’s chest and looking behind her into the woods.


“We’d better go then before she gets really mad at us and grounds us,” Harry said and sighing, Ginny sat up.


“Thank you for bringing my here Harry,” Ginny said as she gazed up at the newly showing stars. “You really made this Christmas a really special one.”


“I just wanted you to relax,” Harry said, getting up and extending his hand to Ginny so he could pull her up.


“I did,” Ginny said smiling at him. “Thank you. This break is just what I needed. A relaxing Christmas was just what I wanted.”


Harry smiled at Ginny as he led her by hand back towards the lake. “So it was a relaxing Christmas I gave you.”


“I’m glad you will always be here for me,” Ginny said, laying her head against Harry’s shoulder as they walked back to the pond. “Because I wouldn’t want it any other way.”


“Neither would I Ginny,” Harry said. “Neither would I.”
Reviews 545
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear