Search:

SIYE Time:8:25 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Erasing The Future
By Moxterminator

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe, Post-HBP
Characters:All, Harry/Ginny
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Fluff, General, Humor, Romance, Tragedy
Warnings: Extreme Language, Mild Sexual Situations, Violence
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 545
Summary: Harry goes back in time to redo his Hogwarts years after losing the war, his family, and his wife, Ginny Potter, to Voldemort. Changes need to be made, but can all changes be good? Years 1-4
Hitcount: Story Total: 397063; Chapter Total: 9307
Awards: View Trophy Room






ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


The month Harry spent separated from Ginny was the worst experience of his life. He knew he was separated from her last year, but back then Ginny wasn’t in love him, and she hadn’t been taken down into the Chamber of Secrets and nearly killed. It was torture for Harry to walk around Hogwarts, going to lessons and taking exams, when Ginny was at The Burrow, not knowing whether Ginny was okay or not.


A week after Ginny left, Harry and Dumbledore went back down into the Chamber of Secrets with a rooster and Harry summoned the Basilisk whilst Dumbledore put the Imperious curse on the rooster to make it crow. It only took a couple of minutes for the Basilisk to die. Feeling that the whole chamber incident was finally behind him, Harry started to look forward to going home and back to Ginny.


Harry sat in the compartment of the Hogwarts Express, the others either talking or reading. He couldn’t wait to see Ginny again. To tell her how much he had missed her. To tell her how much he loved her.


Eventually, the train pulled into the station and Harry eagerly walked onto the platform, his luggage being pushed along, keeping his eye out for the vibrant red hair that told him that it was his Ginny. He didn’t see any red head, though. Instead, he just saw Mrs Weasley and Sirius, and he was disappointed.


“Where’s Ginny?” Harry asked straight away as he came up to them.


“At home dear,” Mrs Weasley said. “You’ll see her tomorrow.”


“Why not tonight?” Harry asked.


“You have to go home and get unpacked,” Mrs Weasley told him gently. “Ginny wanted to come and see you, but I thought it was better if she stayed at The Burrow.”


“How’s she doing?” Ron asked.


“Brilliantly,” Mrs Weasley beamed. “I can’t believe how quickly she’s getting past the Chamber of Secrets. She’s missed you all, though. Especially you Harry.”


Harry nodded before Sirius shrunk his trunk and everything down to fit into his pocket. Sirius then side Apparated him straight from the platform back to Potter Manor.


“Master Harry, Master Harry!” came the squeaky voice of Dobby as both he and Sirius arrived in the kitchen. “Welcome home Master Harry”


Harry turned to see Dobby at the stove cooking some soup. “How have you been Dobby?” Harry asked him.


“Master cares about Dobby’s well being,” Dobby said. “Master is such a great wizard.”


“I thought I ordered you to call me Harry and not master,” Harry said.


Dobby looked nervously at him. “I am sorry sir, I mean Harry. Dobby isn’t quite used to these changes Harry sir. Dobby is trying.”


“I know,” Harry said. “Do you like it here?”


“Oh, Potter Manor is wonderful,” Dobby said, delighted. “Dobby is pleased to be serving the Potters.”


“What’s for dinner?” Sirius asked.


“Are you ever not hungry?” came Jo’s voice and she walked into the kitchen, smiling at Sirius.


“Come on Jo,” Sirius said, “I need to be fit for my promotion.”


“You gave Sirius a promotion?” Harry asked Jo as she got herself a cup of tea.


“He has my old job,” Jo said smiling. “I’m still his boss, though. I got a promotion as well. I now run the whole department.”


“Wow, that’s cool,” Harry said.


“We actually need to talk to you,” Sirius said seriously. “For the past couple of weeks Jo has been living here with me.”


“You two live together now?” Harry asked, shocked. “What have you done to my godfather?” he asked Jo.


“Trust me,” Jo said laughing. “It took a lot of persuading.”


“I bet,” Harry smirked.


“Alright you two,” Sirius said huffily.


“Ah, come on love,” Jo said as she walked up to him and gave him a sweet kiss on the lips. “We’re just playing.”


“Ew,” Harry joked out as Sirius kissed Jo back.


“You wouldn’t be saying ew if you were doing this with Ginny now would you?” Jo said to him, causing Harry to blush.


“You told her, then,” Harry muttered to Sirius.


“No,” Sirius said. “After the way you two acted at Christmas she just guessed. I just decided not to correct her.”


“Ha-ha,” Harry said, sticking his tongue out at him.


“I think it’s wonderful how you two feel about each other,” Jo said smiling at him. “You and Ginny seem so like James and Lily.


“You knew my parents?” Harry asked her, shocked.


“Unfortunately no,” Jo said. “Although your parents seemed like a wonderful couple. All I know about them is what Sirius told me. From what I learnt from Sirius, I think you and Ginny seem similar.


“They are,” Sirius said sitting down at the table. “James had to chase Lily for years before she gave him a shot, though.”


“Ginny nearly had to wait for two,” Harry said, sitting down. “I wish I can go see her.”


“What’s stopping you?” Jo asked.


“Mum said to wait for tomorrow,” Harry said sighing. “But why can’t I see her tonight? She said everything was okay, so why can’t I see her tonight.”


“Unless everything isn’t?” Sirius said thinking. Harry suddenly got very worried.


“Stop worrying Harry, Sirius,” Jo said. “I’m sure she’s fine, but if you’re really worried, what’s stopping you from going to see her this evening? It’s not like Molly will send you away when Ginny’s seen you.” Harry smiled. Jo was right. Mrs Weasley wouldn’t send him away when Ginny saw him, and maybe, just maybe, Harry could tell her how he felt about her.


After tea, Harry quickly made is way up to his room to get changed and ready to head to The Burrow. As soon as he walked into the room, however, he was bombarded with questions from Godric.


“How’s Ginny? Is she okay? Is she all right? I heard Sirius talk about her coming home early. What’s wrong, what happened?” Godric said. Harry sat down on his bed, and then told Godric the whole story from Christmas until now.


“It’s my fault,” Harry whispered when he finished telling Godric his story. “She could have died down in the chamber and it would have been my entire fault.”


“Don’t blame yourself, Harry,” Godric told him kindly. “You were caught up in the moment of finally managing to get together with the one girl you love most in the world. You slipped up, but Ginny’s fine. Mrs Weasley said so.”


“I know,” Harry said. “But I’ve missed her so much.”


“Then go see her,” Godric said.


“I am,” Harry said. “I just need to get changed.”


“Make sure she’s okay,” Godric said. “And tell her how you feel. Don’t put it off too long, okay.”


“Don’t worry,” Harry said. “I will tell her as soon as possible. Hopefully tonight.” Harry finished getting changed and headed back down into the kitchen where not only Sirius and Jo sat, but Remus as well.


“I’m off to Ginny’s,” Harry said as he walked into the kitchen.


“You know the Weasleys will only have just got home,” Sirius said.


“I need to see Ginny,” Harry said. “Just to make sure she’s alright.”


“Alright,” Sirius said and Harry walked over to the fireplace. “But if Mrs Weasley sends you home, you come straight back.”


“Okay,” Harry said, stepping into the fire and flooing to the burrow. After being twisted around and knocked about, Harry came sprawling out of the kitchen fireplace.


“Harry!” Mrs Weasley said. “What are you doing here?”


Harry got up to see the rest of the Weasleys at the dinner table having a rather late tea. He also noticed Ginny wasn’t there.


“I came to see Ginny,” Harry said.


Mrs Weasley sighed. “She’s asleep, Harry. She went to bed early.”


“Why?” Harry said, worried.


“She’s just tired,” Mrs Weasley said. “I know you want to see her. Her brothers do, too. But she was fast asleep in her room by the time we got home.” Harry looked up at the ceiling and then sighed. “Come on. Sit down have some more food. I’m sure Sirius didn’t give you enough.”


“Nah, I’m full,” Harry said. “We have a new house elf, his name is Dobby. He cooks really well. Not as good as you, though, Mum.”


“Well, come sit down anyway. You’re here, so you might as well stay. I’m sure Ginny will be pleased to see you in the morning,” Mrs Weasley said.


“Thanks,” Harry said, sitting down next to Ron. They ate rather subdued that evening. Harry wanted to see Ginny, but Ginny didn’t come down. After playing a couple of games of chess with Ron, Harry and Ron walked up the stairs to go to Ron’s room and sleep.


When Harry walked past Ginny’s door, however, he stopped and stared at it. Harry could feel magic coming from it. There were privacy and silencing charms spells on the door. Why did Ginny have spells on her door? How did she manage to cast them without the ministry picking it up?


“Come on, Harry,” Ron said. “You’ll see her tomorrow.”


“There’s something wrong, Ron,” Harry said. “She has privacy charms on her door, as well as silencing.”


“What?” Ron asked, confused.


“She has silencing and privacy charms on her door,” Harry repeated.


“How the hell do you know that?” Ron asked, eyebrows raised.


“Oh err,” Harry said knowing he just slipped up. “Never mind, come on.” Harry walked the rest of the way back to Ron’s room where he got out the spare bed and laid down on it, patiently waiting for Ron and the rest of the house to fall asleep.


When he heard the deep snores of Ron telling him that he had fallen asleep, Harry snuck out of bed and through the door. The rest of the house was in bed as well and Harry was glad of that when he tiptoed down the creaking staircase to the floor below and Ginny’s door. Harry wandlessly undid the privacy and silencing charms on her door and pushed it open slowly.


Harry walked into Ginny’s room and noticed that it was different to what it was before. There wasn’t as many teddies’ around her room like it there was before, and less fluffy stuff. Her desk was scattered with crumbled up pieces of parchment. Harry completed ignored all of this, though, as Ginny was currently tossing and turning in her bed. She was moaning out and it was obvious to Harry that she was having a nightmare. Harry walked over to her and gently put a hand on her arm. However, Ginny screamed out and pushed him away in her sleep.


Harry immediately redid the privacy and silencing charms on the door before turning back to Ginny. Harry grabbed hold of her, trying to shake her awake. Ginny screamed before pushing him away.


“Tom no,” Ginny whimpered. “Please no, not Harry, please not Harry.”


“Ginny, wake up,” Harry said shaking her again. This time she didn’t scream or push him away, but she did continue to whimper.


“No Harry. Not Harry, please not Harry,” Ginny called out in her sleep. “I won’t call him. I won’t, I won’t.” Harry shook her again, trying desperately to wake her up.


“No,” Ginny moaned out started to cry in her sleep. “Harry, run away. He will kill you. Run away, Harry, run away.”


“Ginny, it’s okay,” Harry said, trying to wake her up. “It’s okay, it’s just a dream. Wake up.” Harry tried to shake her harder. “Wake up.”


Ginny’s eyes flashed open after Harry shook her one more time. Her eyes saw Harry and she screamed, pulling away from him.


“Ginny, it’s me,” Harry said quickly. “It’s Harry, its okay. I’m not going to hurt you. It’s Harry.” Harry waved his hand to her bedside light and it turned on, light filling the room. Ginny starred at Harry, transfixed. “It’s me Ginny. It’s Harry. It’s okay.”


“Harry,” Ginny whispered, her voice etched with fear.


“Its okay, I’m here,” Harry said, crawling onto her bed and towards her slowly. “It’s okay, no one is going to hurt you, and Tom isn’t going to hurt you or me. He’s gone. It’s just me.”


“It’s really you,” Ginny whimpered out.


“Yes, Gin,” Harry said, taking her hand and squeezing it. “See. It’s me, I’m here.”


Ginny looked into his eyes, tears welling up, and then she suddenly flung her self at Harry, sobbing her heart out. Harry just held her, trying to sooth her as much as he could. “Ssh, its okay. I’m here. No one is going to hurt you.” Ginny continued to cry on his shoulder as Harry tried to sooth her. After she had calmed down a bit, Harry called Dobby.


“Harry calls, sir,” Dobby said after a loud crack announced his presence.


“Can you get us two hot chocolates please?” Harry said, rubbing Ginny’s back up and down trying to sooth her.


“Is mist… is Ginny okay?” Dobby said.


“Not at the moment,” Harry told him. “Please Dobby. The hot chocolates.”


“Right away, Harry, sir,” Dobby said before disappearing with another loud crack.


“Ginny,” Harry said gently to her. “You okay?” Ginny didn’t answer, but continued to whimper against Harry’s chest. Harry lifted her onto his lap as he rested against Ginny’s headrest on her bed. “Why didn’t you tell me you were having nightmares, Ginny?” Ginny still refused to answer and Harry decided not to push her. Instead, Harry just held her as he waited for Dobby to return. Dobby returned not a couple of minutes later with two steaming mugs of hot chocolate.


Thanks Dobby,” Harry to him as Dobby put the drinks on Ginny’s bedside table.


“Is there anything I can do for you sir and mi… Ginny,” Dobby said.


“No,” Harry said. “Thank you Dobby.”


“Harry thanks Dobby,” Dobby said squeakily. “I knew it was an honour to work for you sir. I didn’t know it you would be so kind and generous as well.”


“Go Dobby,” Harry said to him and Dobby disappeared with a crack.


“Ginny?” Harry said as he took a cup of hot chocolate of the bedside table and handed it to Ginny. “You want this?” Ginny looked at the cup and then took it with both her hands. She didn’t drink it, though. She just continued to cry quietly against Harry.


“Why didn’t you tell me you were having nightmares, Ginny?” Harry said again, kissing her head lovingly. “You should have told me.”


“I didn’t want to be a burden,” Ginny whispered out.


“You, Ginny, will NEVER be a burden to me,” Harry half-whispered half hissed at her. “Why on earth would you think otherwise?”


“Mum said….” Ginny whispered out before stopping.


“I don’t care what mum said,” Harry told her fiercely. “You have never nor will you ever be a burden to me.”


“I’m sorry,” Ginny whispered. “I wanted to tell you. I really did. I just didn’t want to be a burden to you.”


“Do you know what a burden is Ginny?” Harry asked her.


“Yes,” Ginny whispered. “It’s something you have to do. Something you have to do but don’t want to do. Something you wish you didn’t have to do.”


“Exactly,” Harry said. “You don’t fit into any of those categories. I don’t care if mum said you were a burden to me. You’re not. I want to help. I want to know. If you need help and need someone to talk to, come to me.”


“Thank you,” Ginny whispered.


“No need to thank me, Ginny,” Harry said. “I would hope you would do the same for me if I needed it.”


“Of course I would,” Ginny responded.


“Good,” Harry said. “Now, I guess you were dreaming about the chamber. Do you want to talk about it?”


“No,” Ginny whispered.


“Ginny,” Harry said gently to her. “You’re only going to get over the Chamber of Secrets when you talk to someone about it.”


Ginny sighed before she started to talk to him. “You know what the worst thing is?”


“What?” Harry asked her.


“I don’t even remember how I came across the diary again,” Ginny whispered. “I went to sleep, and then I woke up in the morning in the Chamber of Secrets with Tom.”


“It doesn’t matter now,” Harry said. Ginny must have been too upset whilst she was in the headmaster’s office to hear Harry telling Dumbledore and the others that it was him who took the diary way from her. It didn’t matter now, though. It was all over. Or he thought it was anyway.


They spent the rest of the night like that. Together. Ginny had finally managed to fall asleep around two o’ clock for a little bit before she woke up crying again. Harry stayed with her all night, never going to sleep. When the sun started to shine through Ginny’s window, he realised that it must be morning and that Mrs Weasley would be up soon. Harry yawned, but didn’t wake Ginny up. She had only falling asleep again two hours ago.


Why Ginny silently went through the horrors of these nightmares Harry didn’t know. Surely, no matter what Mrs Weasley would say, Ginny would have told someone about them. Harry yawned out and looked around for the key that belonged to the chest of potions. He had stayed up all night. He would need a pepper up potion to get him through the day.


Harry carefully moved away from Ginny and laid her down slowly in order to not to wake her. He then started to look around her room for the key. He found it in her desk. She had it in her top draw along with unsent letters to Harry. Curiously, Harry opened up a letter and read it.


Harry,


I’m really having trouble sleeping. I can’t get Tom out of my head. Is it really over? What if he comes back? I’m so scared Harry. You promised it was over but it wasn’t.


I’m sorry. I don’t blame you. You were there for me when none else was and I will always be eternally grateful. I just wish these nightmares would stop. That Tom would stop these nightly torments. I just wish you were here with me. I just wish I could be held by you again. Feel safe in your arms again. I know you would be able to help me. I just don’t want to be a burden to you. I’m not even sure what a burden is. Mum said I was one to you this year and I shouldn’t weigh you down with my problems. But you’re the person I automatically turn to. It feels like second nature to me. And I know I have my parents to talk to if needed, but I don’t think they would understand. Not like you. I haven’t told them about my nightmares. I don’t want to be a burden to anyone. But I can’t help but want to tell you. Because I know, deep down in my heart, you’ll be able you help me.


All my love


Ginny


Why didn’t she send this! Why didn’t Ginny ask for help rather than suffer alone! Harry screamed in his head. Why would she think that Harry wouldn’t want to help her? He wished Ginny had sent this to him. He would have gone to her in a flash, not carrying about his exams or anything else. All he cared about was Ginny, his Ginny. And trying to get her better.


This was his entire fault. This was his entire bloody fault. Why didn’t he remember the diary was in his trunk? Why didn’t he try to figure out a way to destroy the bloody diary? Instead, he was too wrapped up in Ginny and Ginny’s increasing feelings for him for him to stop and think about that. He should have worked out how to destroy the diary before Ginny ever had the chance to find it again. This was all his fault and he wondered whether he could ever be forgiven for what he did. He blamed himself for Ginny being taken down into the chamber of secrets as he knew he should. He was too wrapped up in the euphoria of Ginny telling him that she loved him that he couldn’t think about anything else. He had completely forgotten that the diary was in the third section of his trunk. And he had sent her to it. It was his fault this happened, and even though he didn’t expect to be able to be forgiven, he would try his best to make it right.


Harry put the letter back, not looking through anymore, not wanting to pry into Ginny’s privacy anymore than he already had. Harry took the key and silently called for Estelle. She came, hardly making any noise. It was a quick trip to his bedroom, Godric wasn’t awake yet and Harry had only need to spend a couple of minutes to take out some pepper up potion. He would need it after that evening. Harry downed the bottle before taking some more back with him to The Burrow to hide in Ron’s room. He also took some dreamless sleep potion just in case. Harry arrived back in Ron’s bedroom and quickly got dressed whilst hiding the potions under his made up bed. Harry then headed back to Ginny’s room. He knocked on the door quietly, entered, and saw Ginny awake sitting at her desk.


“Harry,” she said sighing, she got up of the chair and walked quickly over to him, and Harry wrapped his arms around her, pulling her into a hug.


“You okay?” Harry asked her. “I got some pepper up potion if you need it.”


“No, I’m okay,” Ginny whispered out into his chest. “We can be lazy all day can’t we?”


“Sure we can,” Harry said breaking the hug.


“Thank you for being there last night,” Ginny muttered, looking up at him. “You always seem to be there when I need you the most.”


“I haven’t been there the past month,” Harry told her sadly. “I wish I had been. You’ve been suffering quietly for so long. I guess you’ve been using your potions from your brothers to hide it from your parents.”


“You know me too well,” Ginny whispered, smiling.


“Which is a good thing,” Harry said to her. “I can help you.”


“How?” Ginny whispered. “These are nightmares, Harry. I can drink a dreamless sleep potion, but not forever.”


“True,” Harry said. “But they won’t last forever. You won’t get over the Chamber of Secrets right away, Ginny. But you will. I’ll make sure you will.”


“I wish I could just forget it,” Ginny whispered. “I almost wish Lockhart’s spell…”


“NO!” Harry said to her angrily. “You don’t mean that.”


“It would make things easier,” Ginny whispered.


“Do you know what would have happened Ginny?” Harry told her desperately. “You wouldn’t remember anything! You wouldn’t remember Hogwarts…”


“I don’t want to remember Hogwarts!” Ginny moaned out crying heavily. “That’s the same Hogwarts where I spent most of last year crying my eyes out thinking I was going mad attacking people. That’s the same Hogwarts where I was nearly killed! That’s the same Hogwarts where a Professor attacked us!”


“You wouldn’t remember me,” Harry whispered to her, taking her hands in his. “Do you really want to forget me? What about your brothers? Your mum and dad? Would you really want to forget them and me? You would’ve forgotten everything.”


“The one thing I want to remember. The one thing I never want to forget is you,” Ginny whispered out.


“But you would have,” Harry said giving her another hug and Ginny melted into him. “You would have forgotten me if Lockhart’s spell worked.”


“I’m sorry,” Ginny muttered. “I shouldn’t have said that. Of course I don’t want to forget you. You mean the world to me. You are my world.”


“And you’re mine,” Harry whispered back. “Just think how I would feel if you got memory charmed. You wouldn’t be the same, Ginny. You are so important to me. The one thing in my life I can’t live without.”


“I should have never said that,” Ginny said quietly. “I didn’t mean it. I’m sorry.”


“I’m going to get you better,” Harry told her. “I swear I’m going to make you better.”


“I know you are,” Ginny said.


“Come on,” Harry said to her. “It will be breakfast time soon. We need to get washed and dressed.”


After they had showered, they both headed down into the kitchen where her brothers were waiting for her. They all hugged her and asked if she was all right, in which she answered that she was completely fine. That morning they had a massive English breakfast to celebrate the start of the summer. After breakfast, Mrs Weasley announced that they were going to de-gnome the garden.


“It’s the first day back,” Fred moaned out.


“Better to get it over with rather than letting it get worse all summer,” Mrs Weasley said. “Now, get out there and start. The sooner you start the sooner you finish and can relax for the rest of the morning.”


With a moan, Harry, Ginny and her brothers, apart from Percy, (he had to study for N.E.W.T.s), all headed towards the kitchen door leading out into the garden. However, just before Ginny stepped outside, Mrs Weasley called her back. “That’s okay, Ginny. You don’t have to go outside. You can help me in the kitchen.”


“Okay Mum,” Ginny muttered before turning back to her mother.


“Go on Harry dear,” Mrs Weasley said nodding towards the door. “The sooner you get the garden de-gnomed, the sooner you and Ginny can go outside and play.” With a quick glance at Ginny, who seemed to be resigned to the fact that she would be staying indoors, Harry left the kitchen and joined the others outside.


It was hot work as usual de-gnoming the garden. After a few hours of hard work, Mrs Weasley called them back into the kitchen where she had laid out a spread of bread and butter and other food for them to pick at. Ginny had just finished putting some pork pies down onto the kitchen table when Harry, Ron and the others trounced in rather tiredly.


“You’re just in time,” Mrs Weasley said as she placed and large goblet of orange squash on the table. “Lunch is ready.”


Harry and Ginny ate a little, desperately trying to get through lunch quickly so they could go hang out. They were planning to go down to the pond in the woods and go swimming for the rest of the day.


After they had finished, Mrs Weasley made them wait for an hour to make sure their food had gone down before they got changed and then made there way barefooted across the garden and into the woods. Harry was wearing swimming shorts and a rather baggy white t-shirt whilst Ginny was wearing a full body swimsuit with a white t-shirt over the top. Ginny’s brothers were going to join them soon, but Harry and Ginny wanted to spend sometime alone together so they decided to come here straight away. They hadn’t seen each other, apart from last night, for four whole weeks. Ginny was acting completely fine and when Harry asked about it, Ginny responded that she didn’t need to worry during the day. It was at night when Ginny had the nightmares that she worried.


As soon as Harry saw the pond, he grabbed Ginny and picked her up, causing Ginny to scream out in surprise as Harry lead her over to the pond, ready to drop her.


“Harry!” Ginny half screamed half laughed out. “If you drop me you’re dead!”


“I very much doubt you know a curse that will kill me, Ginny,” Harry said as he walked waist deep into the pond and pretended to drop Ginny before catching her again just before she hit the water.


“Harry!” Ginny screamed again, laughing. “Don’t drop me.”


“Okay,” Harry said, sighing before turning around. Ginny relaxed in his arms and Harry seized his chance as he threw her back out into the pond causing a loud splash as Ginny hit the water. Ginny stayed underwater for only a couple of seconds before spluttering to the surface.


“I said don’t!” Ginny screamed at him, half-laughing.


“Couldn’t help myself,” Harry said, sticking his tongue out at her. Ginny lunched at him before Harry even noticed she moved. Ginny grabbed his shoulders and pushed him under the water. Harry barely had time to take a breath before he was surrounded by the deafness of the water.


Harry swam to the surface where sound came back to him to hear Ginny laughing. How he loved that laugh. Harry dived for her, which Ginny dodged before seizing her chance to push Harry back under the water again. Harry once again came up, spluttering, and looked at Ginny.


“You’re not going to dunk me, Harry,” Ginny said, laughing. “So don’t bother trying.”


“Is that so?” Harry said, smirking before lunching at her. This time he caught her around her waist and pulled her down under the water. They both came up spluttering with laughter and they spent the next few hours splashing and swimming around. All too soon however, the lack of sleep Harry got last night came over him and Harry had to swim to the edge of the pond and lay on the bank in the sun. Ginny swam up to him and then lay next to him, asked silently for permission which Harry gave her, and lay her head on Harry’s bare chest.


“Worn out already?” Ginny mocked at him.


“You win,” Harry said. “Too tired to continue. I need a rest.”


“Sorry,” Ginny muttered. “It’s my fault you’re tired.”


“No it’s not,” Harry said, putting a hand under Ginny’s chin and lifted her head up so she would look into his eyes. “It’s Tom’s fault, Voldemort’s fault, no one else’s. But that’s over.”


“I know,” Ginny said, smiling. “I missed you.”


“And I missed you,” Harry said as he pulled her closer towards him into a hug. Ginny wrapped her arms around Harry as they both lay there together under the sun.


“How long you think the nightmares will last?” Ginny asked quietly.


“You want me to answer truthfully?” Harry said back.


“Of course,” Ginny whispered.


“Until you stop blaming yourself about what happened,” Harry told her. “What happened was a terrible thing, Ginny. You nearly died, but it wasn’t your fault. And you keep thinking that it was when it wasn’t.”


“I was the one stupid enough to write in the diary,” Ginny argued back. “Dad always said to not trust an object where you can’t tell where it keeps its brain. And you didn’t trust it, either. I was stupid enough to think that Tom was my friend. That Voldemort was my friend.” Harry looked shocked at Ginny for a moment. That was the first time Ginny had ever called Voldemort by his proper name.


“Ginny,” Harry said, taking both of her hands in his. “You heard what Dumbledore said. Voldemort has hoodwinked older and more powerful wizards. I knew of the diary from almost day one.”


“I know,” Ginny muttered. “But you told me to be wary, you told me to tell someone if something weird was going on in case. You reminded about what dad said. You didn’t trust him, you….” Ginny then went wide-eyed at Harry.


“You were the only one who knew of the dairy,” Ginny whispered. “You took him away from me. You’re the one who stole him away from me.”


“I’m sorry,” Harry said hurriedly. “I know how you are with your friends. You wouldn’t have believed that it was Tom who was making you do those things. I couldn’t afford to get in an argument with you because you needed me. So I stole him away. And I’m sorry about you getting him back. I didn’t want you to have him back. We were talking down in the common room that morning and I still had my necklace you gave me on. So I gave it to you to put in my trunk in the third section. I hadn’t thought about the diary for ages before then, so it completely slipped my mind that the diary was in that section. It’s my entire fault. You being taking down into the chamber, your nightmares now. It’s my entire fault.”


Ginny stared at him for a moment, only for a moment, before she hugged Harry as tight as she could. “Thank you,” Ginny whispered. “Thank you for everything.”


“Don’t thank me, Ginny,” Harry said. “If it weren’t for me…”


“I would be dead right now,” Ginny hissed out at him. “You didn’t purposely give me the diary back. You took it away from me when I needed it to be and when I needed saving, you came and saved me. I will forever be in your debt.”


“I don’t want you to be in my debt,” Harry hissed back. “I just wanted you alive.”


“And I have you to thank for that, and no matter what you say I will be always be grateful.” Ginny’s eyes watered slightly as she spoke the next sentence. “Why don’t you ever take a compliment? Do you know how much you helped me out last year? How much you’re helping me out now. You could easily just turn your back on me and let me suffer.”


Harry looked horrified at her. “I would never do that, not to anyone!” Harry said, outraged.


“This is why you need to get it through that thick head of yours that I am eternally grateful,” Ginny said. “Not everyone would have helped me out. Most people would either turn their back on me or go tell on me so I would be expelled. But not you. You were there for me when I needed you. You helped me out. Did everything you could to get me better. Which gives me, Harry James Potter, my reason to thank you.”


“I don’t want it,” Harry told her.


Ginny smiled before leaning forwards and kissing Harry on the cheek. “This is why you deserve it,” she whispered pulling back. Harry cupped Ginny’s cheek with his hand as Ginny smiled up at him. “So please let me say this and please accept it. Thank you.”


Harry looked into Ginny’s eyes, saw the determination in them, and realised that it was stupid to try to argue. “You’re welcome,” Harry said gently to her.


“That wasn’t so hard was it?” Ginny said mockingly. “Thank you for not trusting Tom. Who knows how many people I would have attacked if you hadn’t taken him away from me.”


“I wasn’t sure it was him,” Harry said. “But it was the only thing that was different with you.”


“I know,” Ginny said. “Come on. We should be getting back. Tea will be ready soon.”


“I’m sorry about everything,” Harry muttered.


“IT IS NOT YOUR FAULT POTTER!” Ginny hissed at him. “STOP SAYING SORRY!”


“Sorry,” Harry said quietly.


“What did I just say?” Ginny said hitting him playfully. Harry laughed, causing to Ginny to smile back.


“You’re amazing, you know that right?” Harry said to her. “Anyone in your position would have every right to be mad at the world and everything in it. Yet here you are, smiling, enjoying yourself. Even though you’re having nightmares about the chamber every night.”


“Can’t help it,” Ginny said smiling her beautiful smile once more. “You bring the best out in me.”


“I’m glad,” Harry said, wrapping his arms around Ginny’s waist. “You bring the best out of me, too.”


“We make quite a pair don’t we,” Ginny said staring up at the clear blue sky.


“We do,” Harry said. “What kind I’m not sure yet. But we do.”


“Hey!” Ginny said pretending to be outraged. “I think we make quite a nice pair.”


“Yes, but I’ve known you think that since you were ten,” Harry teased her.


“That’s not what I meant Potter,” Ginny said, blushing slightly but smiling none the less.


Harry laughed. “Come on. Your brothers will be here soon. Let’s get back to swimming.”


“I’m comfortable,” Ginny moaned out.


“Fine,” Harry said as he gathered her up in his arms, got up, and once again walked out into the pond until he was waist deep.


“Don’t! You! Dare!” Ginny hissed out. Sighing Harry let her down gently.


“Spoil sport,” Harry muttered.


Ginny stood up so that her now once again drenched shirt clung to her, revealing very small lumps in her chest area which told Harry that Ginny was starting to hit puberty. Ginny looked at where Harry was looking and blushed deep red.


“You remember when I told you that you were cute when you blush,” Harry said to her, smiling.


“Yes,” Ginny said, smiling.


“You’re still cute,” Harry said.


“Is that a good thing?” Ginny whispered.


“Do you think I’m cute?” Harry asked her and Ginny blushed even more.


“Yes,” Ginny answered, still smiling.


“Then it’s a good thing isn’t it?” Harry said and Ginny laughed slightly and beamed at him.


“Yes it is,” Ginny said and then pushed Harry so he fell.


“I’ll get you for that,” Harry said standing up.


“If you can catch me,” Ginny retorted swimming off, causing Harry to chase after her. Her brothers soon joined them and they spent the rest of the day enjoying themselves, playing and lounging around being lazy. For now, Harry let Ginny have some fun. Knowing far too well, come that evening, Tom would be back and Ginny would have to go through her nightmare once again. Hopefully soon, though, the nightmares will stop Harry thought. Now that Ginny was now ever so slowly coming to terms of the fact that what happened wasn’t her fault. The nightmares might soon stop, and Harry was looking forward to the time when they did. After all, Ginny was very cute. And he thought Ginny deserved to know just how cute he thought she was.
Reviews 545
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear