Search:

SIYE Time:9:27 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Erasing The Future
By Moxterminator

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe, Post-HBP
Characters:All, Harry/Ginny
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Fluff, General, Humor, Romance, Tragedy
Warnings: Extreme Language, Mild Sexual Situations, Violence
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 545
Summary: Harry goes back in time to redo his Hogwarts years after losing the war, his family, and his wife, Ginny Potter, to Voldemort. Changes need to be made, but can all changes be good? Years 1-4
Hitcount: Story Total: 396278; Chapter Total: 8766
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
Hope you have fun reading this. its a short one i know but on the plus side the next one is already in the beta stage.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Harry and Ginny walked along the path towards the pond, Ginny in her swimming costume with a t-shirt over the top and Harry in swimming shorts. Sapphire trotted along side them, smelling trees and bushes as they headed towards their destination. Ginny’s hand was intertwined with Harry’s as they talked about odd, non-important things.


They hadn’t officially started going out with each other just yet as neither one of them had told each other just how strong their feelings were for the other. In fact, Harry hadn’t told her he even had feelings. Not that he needed to. It was obvious to Ginny that Harry had feelings for her now after her birthday. Harry was surprised that Ginny hadn’t demanded them to start dating at once. However, Harry had guessed that being in love had mellowed Ginny about Harry. Of course, her feelings weren’t any less than they were before, and she was still hopelessly in love with him. Harry could tell that every time Ginny looked his way.


However, she wasn’t scared of losing him. Harry reckoned that Ginny knew that they would eventually get together and wasn’t trying to rush into the relationship, which Ginny probably would have done before she fell in love. Now, she was letting their relationship take its natural course.


As they reached the pond, Sapphire raced down the embankment to look at the water. Ginny hadn’t taken Sapphire to the lake before now and the part Kneazle was obviously intrigued with the large amount of water. Sapphire had obviously seen water before, as she drank it by the gallons as Mrs Weasley had often complained about in the weeks after Ginny’s birthday. However, as Mr Weasley had said, at least they didn’t have to pay for the water. Sapphire stuck out her paw and slightly touched the water. She then pulled her paw back and looked questionably at Ginny.


“It’s not going to hurt you,” Ginny said gently to the kitten. Sapphire meowed before dipping her paw back in. She then started to walk into the shallow area of the water before it came up to her belly. Sapphire meowed again before walking out of the pond and shaking herself off. She then lay down on the grass next to the pond and closed her eyes.


“I take it she doesn’t like the water,” Ginny said.


“She’s a cat,” Harry said. “How many cats do you know that like going in water?”


“I know,” Ginny said.


Ginny plonked herself down on the ground next to Sapphire, stroking the kitten affectionately before pulling her shirt off to reveal the top half of a two piece swimming costume. This was the first time Ginny had been in a two piece swimming costume and Harry couldn’t help notice that she filled the swimming costume out very well. Ginny had hit puberty like any normal twelve-year-old girl. Her legs and arms were thin. Ginny’s thighs held a little bit of fat but not enough to put anyone off and Ginny’s chest had grown a little bit more over the past two months. Harry took of his shirt and waded out into the pond as Ginny sunbathed, the cold water a pleasure against the August heat.


It wasn’t for another ten minutes until Ginny’s brothers joined them by the pond. Sirius and the other adults were currently fitting Harry’s new bedroom out with furniture so the kids thought it would be easier to just get out of the way.


Fred and George had brought with them a magical blow up ball, which squirted water at you every time you dropped it. They all played with it until it was time to go back inside and for Harry to view his furnished room.


-oOoOoOoOo-


“There’s not much furniture in here,” Sirius said as Harry and Ginny waited by the closed door to Harry’s bedroom. “You have your own room at Potter manor. It’s just bed, a desk, and a wardrobe.”


“I know,” Harry said, nodding. “What else do I need though?” Sirius shrugged, opened the door, and Harry and Ginny walked into the room.


A bed lay in the right hand corner alongside the top wall. A window in the middle of the wall let streams of light into the room. There was a desk on the right hand side with a wardrobe on the left wall. There was a picture of a sunset in a wooden frame on the same wall as the door. The floor and the furniture were both wood.


“This is great,” Harry said smiling looking around the room. Harry went over and tried the bed. It was soft and squishy, just how Harry liked it. Ginny came over and sat down on Harry’s bed, too. It was so soft and squishy that even though Ginny sat a couple of feet away, the bed sagged under her weight and Harry and Ginny were thrown together. Laughing, the two of them sat up.


“The bed is nice,” Ginny said, sitting crossed legged.


“That mattress was expensive. So look after it,” Sirius said, and Harry nodded. He loved this room. It was warm and cosy. And it was right next to Ginny. Harry wouldn’t want to sleep at Potter Manor ever again.


-oOoOoOoOo-


Exactly one week before Harry and Ginny were due to return to Hogwarts, Mrs Weasley had announced that they would be making a quick trip to Diagon Alley to fetch their school supplies. This was why Harry and Ginny were waiting patiently by the floo whilst the others were busy checking lists.


“We need to get more floo powder, dear,” Mrs Weasley said as she took the pot down from the fireplace mantle piece. She then handed the pot to Sirius who took a pinch and stepped into the fire.


Soon it was Harry’s turn and once again, he stepped into the fireplace, dropped the floo powder and said clearly, “Diagon Alley”


Harry was whisked away from The Burrow in a swirl of hot ash and smoke as he swirled around and around getting dizzy. Harry used his magic to stop him twirling and Harry felt himself stay steady as more and more fireplaces whizzed by.


Then, out of nowhere, Harry saw a grimy, filthy hand, reach out towards him and make a swipe at him. Harry’s heart missed a beat as he recognised the hand. It had one finger missing, and it had just missed his cloak. The fireplace whizzed away and was replaced by more and more as Harry continued his trip to Diagon Alley.


Harry felt himself slow down but Harry was too occupied with the how close Pettigrew had come to getting a hand on him. How on earth did Pettigrew do that anyway? How did he know Harry was in the floo? Or that he was passing his fire grate at that particularly time? Harry came shooting out of the fireplace at the Leaky Cauldron toppling out into Ginny.


“I thought you sorted out your floo problem,” Ginny joked as she held him up, stopping him from falling over. However, one look to Harry’s face caused Ginny to start being serious.


“Harry, what’s wrong?” Ginny asked. Sirius, who had heard Ginny’s concerned voice, turned to look at Harry.


“Pettigrew,” Harry breathed out, “nearly got me travelling through the floo.”


“What you mean?” Sirius asked right away.


“Don’t ask me how he did it,” Harry said. “Or how he knew it was me. But about twenty gates before here, Pettigrew put his hand into the floo network and made a grab at me. I know it was Pettigrew because his middle finger was missing.”


“Harry, this is serious,” Sirius said.


“I know, but trust me, that was Pettigrew,” Harry said.


“I believe you,” Sirius said. “Stay with the Weasleys. Do not go off on your own.”


“I can take care of myself,” Harry said, annoyed.


“Can Ginny?” Sirius asked, eyebrows raised. “Do you think Ginny will let you walk off on your own without demanding to go with you? Then what if Peter attacks? You can take care of yourself, but can she?” Harry took one look at Ginny and then shook his head. “Stay with the Weasleys. I’m going to go talk to Dumbledore.” With a crack, Sirius disappeared.


“Come on,” Ginny said, taking Harry’s hand. “My parents are over here.” Ginny led him towards the back of the pub towards the small, walled courtyard where Mr and Mrs Weasley, Jo, and Ginny’s Brothers were standing.


“Where is Sirius?” Mrs Weasley asked as she saw Harry and Ginny.


“He’s gone to see Dumbledore,” Ginny said. “Pettigrew just tried to make a grab on Harry.” For the next five minutes, Mrs Weasley fussed repeatedly over Harry to check that he was all right before he even managed to get out what happened. Then he told them what happened which caused Mrs Weasley to go all fussy again.


“If he had gotten you,” Mrs Weasley had kept saying repeatedly. “I can’t lose a child, I just can’t.”


“Molly dear, Harry’s safe,” Mr Weasley told her gently. “Everything is okay. Let’s just go get their school things.”


Nodding, Mrs Weasley brought out her wand and tapped the stone in order for the passageway into the ally to appear and the group of them walked through the archway into the busy ally.


“We’re staying together this trip,” Mrs Weasley said to protests. “Your brother just nearly got kidnapped. I will not let you go wandering about on your own. We are to stay together. And were going to make this a short trip”


So together, the group of them headed off along the ally. Harry and Ron needed to replenish their potions supplies, so first, the group of them headed of to the Apothecary. Then they headed over to Madam Malkin’s Robes for all occasions to buy Harry and Ron some new robes as theirs were getting a bit short.


They then headed towards the bookstore to get their new books for their subjects. On the way, they passed the window of Quality Quidditch Supplies, and Ginny stopped and gazed at the window. Harry turned to her to see why she had stopped when he too saw the Firebolt in the window.


“Price on request…” Ginny muttered. “Bloody hell, how much is that.”


“Expensive,” Harry said to her from behind. “Shame I’ve already got you your birthday present.”


“You’re joking right?” Ginny said, turning to look at him. “You can’t afford that.”


“I could,” Harry said, frowning. “It will wipe out all of my trust fund though. I’ll need Sirius’s permission to use Money from my proper vault.”


“I will not have you spend that much money on me,” Ginny hissed at him.


“Don’t worry,” Harry said. “I already got you Sapphire.”


“And I prefer Sapphire, too,” Ginny said.


“HARRY! GINNY!” Mrs Weasley shouted, rushing over to them. “WHAT DID I TELL YOU ABOUT STICKING TOGETHER?”


“Sorry, Mum,” both Harry and Ginny said as Mrs Weasley dragged them back towards the group.


As Mrs Weasley lead them to the bookshop, Harry saw a hooded figure in a side alley looking right at them. As soon as the figure noticed Harry looking, the figure vanished.


Once they got to Flourish and Blott’s, Harry saw the Monster Book of Monsters on display and felt sorry for the assistant that would be helping them today. When they walked inside, the manager came rushing over to them.


“Hogwarts?” the manager asked.


“Yes,” Mrs Weasley said.


“All of you? the manger said, whitening.


“Yes,” Mrs Weasley said. “We need…”


“Out of the way, out of the way…” the manager said hurrying over to the window were the monster books were currently displayed. “So that’s…”


“Five,” Mrs Weasley said. Harry and Ron needed one as well as Fred and George who were taking the subject in OWL Level. Ginny also needed one as the book was used in the defence class this year as Lupin taught the first three years about Dark Creatures. The Manager paled even further before slipping on some gloves.


“Right five,” the manager said as he headed towards the cage nervously.


“Stroke the spines, sir,” Harry said and the manager turned to look at him, confused.


“Stroke the spines?” the manager asked.


“It calms them,” Harry said, as he received a strange look from the Weasleys. “I read it in a magazine over the summer.”


“Stroke the spines,” the manager muttered before turning back to the cage. He looked at the books for a couple of seconds before shrugging. “Worth a try I suppose.” Harry heard him say.


It was rather difficult for the manager to catch one, let alone five of them. It took him almost ten minutes before he had one clamped in his tongs he was using. He looked strangely at Harry before stroking the spine of the book he caught, and to the managers astonishment, the book stopped trying to bite him.


“Well, I’ll be dammed,” the manager said as he put the still book down. The book was still muttering but it lay perfectly fine on the table. Once he had gotten all five laying perfectly fine on the table, he quite easily strapped them together using rope and handed them over.


“Craig,” the manager called once he had handed the last one to Ron. A boy aged no more than nineteen came over to the manager. “I’ve got a new job for you. You are to catch all these Monster Book of Monsters, and then stroke them on their spine. You are then to stroke them every half hour on the dot.”


“Yes sir,” Craig said as he pulled on the gloves.


“Now, what else do you need?” the manager asked.


“Standard Book of Spells, Grade three,” Mrs Weasley said. “Just one.” Harry was paying, of course, for his own schoolbooks. Ron was going to have Fred’s old copy of the book and Ginny was going to have Harry’s old copy of the Standard Book of Spells, Grade Two.


The manager led them over to the opposite side of the shop where they kept copies of the whole series of the standard book of spells and handed Harry the book.


“What else?” the manager asked.


“Intermediate Transfiguration, one copy,” Mrs Weasley said. “Ancient Runes Made Easy, and the Rune dictionary. We also need Unfogging the Future.”


“Ah, someone is starting fortune telling,” the manager said as he walked around the shop and took of the books of the shelves. “A strange and difficult subject. I hope you do well. Ancient Runes is quite easy as it’s just like learning about other languages. If you find that easy, you’ll find that you’ll be able to do well in ancient runes. Here you go, Ancient Runes Made Easy and the Rune dictionary. All your basic Goblin and Egyptian runes are in there.”


“Thank you,” Mrs Weasley said as the manager handed over the last book.


“No, thank you,” the manager said. “Or really this young man here. If it weren’t for him, we would still be having problems with them Monster Book of Monsters.”


As the Weasleys left the store, Harry once again saw a hooded figure in another dark alley looking right at them, but as soon as Harry kept his gaze on the alleyway the figure vanished. There was no sound, no loud crack, which was associated with Apparating. He just disappeared without a sound.

Was it possible that the figure was Pettigrew? Was he following Harry and waiting for a chance to strike? Sirius had been gone for almost half an hour now. He didn’t want to tell the Weasleys because all they would do was worry. However, what if he didn’t tell them, and Pettigrew attacked? If it was even Pettigrew at all. Worried slightly, Harry walked towards Mrs Weasley.

“Mum, is that it?” Harry asked her once he got nearer. “Are we doing anything else?”


“No, Harry,” Mrs Weasley said. “That’s it for today. Were going back home now.”


Harry never though he would be glad for leaving Diagon Alley so fast. He always enjoyed looking around the shops to see what new magic objects had come out. However, Harry was starting to worry a lot about Peter. He could just be imagining it. However, that only normally happens when you’re scared. Your scared of something happening and you then keep imagining that the thing you’re scared of is playing out. Harry wasn’t scared of Pettigrew. Wary of him, but not scared of him.


When they got back to the Leaky Cauldron, Sirius was there to greet them. He handed out an old kettle to them, indicating them to grab hold.


“It’s a Portkey,” Sirius explained. “Dumbledore had to work hard to get this so soon. He’s at the Burrow now, checking the wards, and making sure they’re secure. No one can floo directly into The Burrow without you being keyed in which we will do once we get you back home.” Everyone touched the kettle as Sirius glanced at his watch.


“In Three, Two, One,” Sirius said counting and then suddenly Harry felt himself being pulled forward as the Portkey activated and wind and colour whizzed around him as he flew back home.


Then suddenly Harry slammed into the floor and he fell down. Ginny, who was next to him, fell down on top of him as her brothers crashed onto the floor. Ginny smiled apologetically to Harry as she got of him and dusted herself down.


“Come on, we need to get inside,” Mrs Weasley said as she hurried everyone into the house. Dumbledore sat at the table in the kitchen, a concerned expression in his face features, as Remus was talking to him, who was sitting beside him. What he was telling Dumbledore, Harry didn’t find out as he stopped as soon as he realised that they had company.


“Everything go okay?” Remus asked Sirius.


“Fine,” Sirius said.


“Good,” Dumbledore said nodding. “I’ve gone around the Burrow and its woods to check and double check the wards and they are completely fine. Peter doesn’t seem to have tried to break through them.”


“Do you have any idea on how Pettigrew could have tried to get me in the floo?” Harry asked.


“No idea,” Dumbledore said. “You have to pass hundreds of gates to get from here to Diagon Alley. How he knew that you were passing his grate, wherever it is, it’s a mystery.”


“But how did he grab into the floo network?” Harry asked him.


“I have a theory,” Dumbledore said. “But that is only guess work.”


“I understand,” Harry said.


“It’s simple really,” Dumbledore said. “Peter just threw some powder into the fireplace, and stuck his hand into the fire. He didn’t announce where he wanted to go so the floo network opened but didn’t connect his fireplace, wherever it was, to another one. How Peter knew you were going to pass his grate and at what time remains, at the moment, a mystery.”


“I think this is more serious than you realise, Harry,” Dumbledore said gently. “Our last meeting, I must admit, I was rather shocked and afraid of your reaction about Peter. Please let today’s narrow escape be a wake-up call. The next time you might not be so lucky.”


“I know,” Harry said, nodding. “Ginny talked me around.”


“You’re a smart girl, Miss Weasley,” Dumbledore said turning to Ginny. “Please let me say that I am pleased to here that you have gotten better after your ordeal last year and hope that you still looking forward to returning to Hogwarts.”


“I am,” Ginny said. “It's over, I understand that. I can’t wait to get back to Hogwarts. I know you’ll make sure I’m safe, Professor.”


“I’m glad to here it,” Dumbledore said. “Now I must be going. I have a rather important meeting with the Minister.”


“Thank you, Headmaster,” Molly said, “for doing the wards and checking them today.”


“Not a problem, Molly,” Dumbledore said, standing up and taking out his pocket watch. “Enjoy the rest of your holidays. And I look forward to seeing you all on September the first.” Dumbledore put the watch back into his pocket before bowing his head towards Mrs Weasley, and with a crack, he Disapparated.
Reviews 545
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear