Search:

SIYE Time:7:08 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Erasing The Future
By Moxterminator

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe, Post-HBP
Characters:All, Harry/Ginny
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Fluff, General, Humor, Romance, Tragedy
Warnings: Extreme Language, Mild Sexual Situations, Violence
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 545
Summary: Harry goes back in time to redo his Hogwarts years after losing the war, his family, and his wife, Ginny Potter, to Voldemort. Changes need to be made, but can all changes be good? Years 1-4
Hitcount: Story Total: 396997; Chapter Total: 12028
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
Another chapter :)




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Harry woke up on the morning of his birthday happy. He was going to go to the Weasley’s and have a massive party, Mrs Weasley had insisted on it. Of course not everyone would be there as Bill and Charlie were abroad taking care of dragons and breaking into cursed tombs. Harry slowly got dressed and went downstairs to have breakfast and for wait for Sirius to wake and before long Harry had bacon and egg frying for breakfast. “Well,” Harry thought, “it was his birthday so what if he had a fry up. At least Mrs Weasley would think it was okay,” But then she always thought a fry up was okay. Harry waited for Sirius to wake but come 11:30 Harry had still yet to see his godfather.


Harry walked up to stairs and into Sirius bedroom yet he wasn’t there. Confused Harry walked all around the big house and he still couldn’t see Sirius anywhere. Harry started to get worried. Figuring that he might need the Weasleys help he apperated outside the kitchen door. Harry walked into kitchen to see all the Weasleys, Bill and Charlie included, and Sirius all gathered around the fireplace there backs to Harry.


“When is he going to get here,” complained Ron. “you got me up, just to stand here and do nothing.”


“Ron, its eleven in the morning surely you should be wide awake now, plus its Harry birthday. Surely you don’t mind getting up early for that,” Ginny said


Harry smiled at Ginny’s attempts to explain why he hadn’t got there yet. She always was defending him. No matter what it was about.


“I’m getting a drink, be right back.” Ginny turned around and came face to face with Harry. Harry quickly lifted his fingers to his lips to notify Ginny not to say anything and then pointed to the door of the kitchen that led out to the yard. Ginny slowly followed Harry with a very confused look.


When they got away from the backdoor further enough so that the Weasley’s wouldn’t see Harry turned back around to face Ginny’s shocked face.


“How did you get here?” Ginny inquired, “And way to spoil the surprise birthday party.”


“Surprise birthday party?” Harry asked, “Whose idea was that? I thought my party was tonight.”


Ginny blushed a little before telling him it was hers. “But now you gone and spoiled it.”


“Hey I just woke up and Sirius was missing so I thought I’d come here and see if anyone knew were he was,” Harry explained.


“And again I ask how did you get here?” Ginny asked again.


Harry was quite for a moment. He didn’t want to tell Ginny about apperating. She would get very suspicious and maybe tell her parents. Then a sudden thought occurred to him.


“Estelle,” Harry said a little too quickly, “Estelle brought me here.”


Ginny looked Harry over for the moment and the looked up into Harry’s eyes and just stood there starring at him.


Ginny stood there just looking into Harry’s eyes for about 5 minutes with Harry returning the gaze. He could stand there forever and get lost in her. Remembering the Weasley’s in the kitchen waiting for him he slightly shook his head trying to get out of his trance.


“Yeah Estelle brought be here,” Harry said shaking Ginny from her gaze.


“Oh right well maybe you should call her and get her to take you back to the Potter Manor in order for you to floo here,” Ginny suggested, “ I didn’t set up this surprise for you to spoil it.


“ESTELLE!” Harry called out. There was a flash of fire and the phoenix appeared. “Take me back home. Ginny has set up a Surprise for me and I don’t want to spoil it after she put so much work into it.”


Harry looked at Ginny smiling. “Thank you Harry,” Ginny said, “just remember to act surprised when you come out of the fireplace.”


“Hey what do you take me for?” Harry said acting hurt but they both know he didn’t mean it.


“A big fat troll who does not know anything, so go act surprise but not dumb. Oh wait no, that isn’t an act is it,” Ginny said insulting Harry, a smile across her face. This was the Ginny Harry knew and loved not the shy putting elbow in the soap dish Ginny.


“Huh what happened to the shy ‘oh my god I’ve got a crush on my best friend’ gone?” Harry said trying to tease her but not wanting to cross the line between playful and hurtful
“Just don’t go all shy on me and do something funny like putting your elbow in the butter dish whilst I’m around.”


Ginny blushed and said, “I've haven’t done that once Harry Potter. And I don’t attend to.”


“Yeah you keep saying that, just get Fred and George to take pictures when you do it. I want to remember that for ever.” Harry said whilst sticking her tongue out at her. Before Ginny could react he nodded his head towards Estelle and they arrived in the kitchen of Potter Manor in London. He quickly got himself a drink. And waited for five minutes for Ginny to get back in the kitchen of The Borrow before flooing to the party.


“SURPRISE!” everyone shouted as Harry stepped out of the fireplace. Harry put on his best act of looking surprised and not one person suspected him of knowing. After the pat on the backs he got from the Weasley brothers they all went into the living which was decorated with balloons and a massive buffet. It also had a banner hanging from the ceiling saying “Happy Birthday Harry”


Even though Harry knew it was coming he was still gob smacked that they had all done this. Even Bill and Charlie had come over from Egypt and Romania to celebrate his birthday. “What about your work with Gringots?” Harry asked Bill


“I can have a day of once in a while can’t I. I always take the birthdays of my siblings off. You’re just as much of a member of this family as everyone else.” Bill answered. Harry took this to heart as even though he counted the Weasley’s as his family he wasn’t sure if they counted him as part of there family. After greeting everyone there including Lupin and Dumbledore who had shown up halfway through Harry sat down to open up his presents.


He grabbed the first present and ripped it open noticing it was from Mr and Mrs Weasley. It contain his very own hand for there clock in the kitchen. He looked up with tears in his eyes.


“Wow, I’m speechless. Thank you I now know I belong somewhere. I know I live with Sirius and that but I always thought you lot as family. I know you feel the same way now and it means a lot to me,” said Harry.


With a flick of Mr. Weasley wand the hand whisked it way over to the clock in the kitchen. Harry got up and went in just at it settled itself in between Ron’s and Ginny's. After a second of it landing on the clock it moved to were all the other hands were pointing, currently at ‘home’.


“It will point at home whether you here or at Potter Manor,” Mrs Weasley explained, “We didn’t want you to feel that were taken you away from Sirius or replacing or parents. We just wanted you to know we all love you like we were family.”


“I love it,” Harry said hugging Mrs Weasley before returning to the living room. Sirius just smiled at him knowing to well what he was feeling. Harry often told him about how the Weasley’s always treated him as family and Sirius was forever thankful for that Harry had had someone when he wasn’t there for him because he was on the run or stuck in Azkaban. Sirius also then knew how the deaths of each of them must have affected him yet here he was without a care in the world. He might be 26 but the deaths of people you call family so close to you must of hurt yet Harry hadn’t showed it. After listening to Harry, Sirius had worked out that it was only a week after Ginny’s death that he came back in time. He hadn’t slept between her death and when he did the spell. Sirius reckoned that you couldn’t get over someone’s death so close to you, especially your wife’s, in that time. And he knew that he hadn’t grieved yet because he had been with him most of the time. Sure he had spent six months in the orphanage but reports suggested he was happy and never complained or cried once. He was happy sure but he hadn’t grieved yet. They might be alive now but watching them die he hadn’t dealt with yet. Sirius was sure of this. And he wasn’t looking forward to the time that he did. Sirius turned back to the present time to see hat Harry was opening up his last 3 gifts. One from the twins. The other from Ginny. The other from someone he didn’t know.


Harry slowly picked up the gift from the twins rather cautiously. Harry knew what the twins were like and was scared of what they might have bought him.


“Don’t worry,” George said.


“It wont bite or anything,” Fred continued.


“Trust us,” George finished.


Harry took one look at the twins obviously not agreeing with them. He knew the twins and what they were like so he carefully unwrapped the present. It was awfully thin Harry thought as the wrapping came off and out fell a piece of parchment. Harry couldn’t believe it. He wasn’t expecting this. Not yet anyway. He looked up to Fred and George lost for words. “Don’t you need this anymore?”


“It’s just some bit of parchment,” Fred said obviously shocked at Harry’s question.


“Yeah,” George agreed, “we thought it would be funny to give you something you might need for next year at Hogwarts. That what mum told us to give you.”


“FRED AND GEORGE WEASLEY HOW DARE YOU DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS…” Mrs Weasly started screaming and then suddenly stopped as Harry raised his hand to tell her to stop.


“I appreciate the concern Mrs Weasley but I think me and the twins both know that this isn’t just a bit of old parchment,” Harry explained Harry turned back to Fred and George who had confusion written over there faces, “This will come in the useful at Hogwarts thank you.”


“How do you know…” George started


“What it is,” Fred finished.


Harry looked around the room and saw grinning faces on both Sirius and Remus face’s and simply said. “I’ll introduce you to some marauders later this evening.”


The look on Fred and Georges face was priceless.


“You know the marauders?” Fred asked


“Who are they?” George asked


“How did you meet them?” Fred countered


“Oh my god too many questions at once. Yes, tell you later, tell you later in answer to all three of your questions,” Harry replied before anyone else could say anything.


The confused look on there faces was priceless but Harry turned to the next present. He didn’t know who it was from but he wanted to leave Ginny's till last. He carefully unwrapped the present and out fell a silvery cloak. His dad’s invisibility cloak.


“Woah!” both Sirius and Remus said as soon as they saw it.


“Haven’t seen that in a long time, have we Remus?” Sirius explained


“No. last time we saw that Sirius and your father were sneaking into the kitchen to grab some food after your mother specifically told them not too,” Remus answered, “one of my best memories is of me walking into the kitchen to see both your father and Sirius stuck on ceiling with cake flying at them. Two of the marauders getting pranked. Priceless. They never lived that down, neither Sirius or your father.


Harry looked up to see Sirius grinning ear to ear. “What, we were hungry and who would have thought that Evans would do that to us. Sorry I mean Potter as she was then. Sorry Harry didn’t mean to mix that up. As I was saying she was such a goody two shoes at school. It surprised us both that she had done it.


Harry just shook his head and went to open his last present from Ginny before the twins interrupted.


“MARUDERS!!” they both shouted together. Harry looked over to Remus who had let that information slip.


“Well done Moony, spoil the surprise I had for them. Maybe both you and Padfoot over there should just get pointed signs over your head saying Padfoot and Moony with Arrows pointing at you.”


“You’re the marauders?” asked Fred


“Purveyors of Aids to Magical Mischief —Makers?” asked George


“Yup that’s us,” Sirius said proudly before looking at the glare he was getting from Mrs Weasley.


“YOU MADE MY BOYS PULL PRANKS. YOU’RE THE ONES WHO DECIDED TO GET MY BOYS INTO TROUBLE. YOU’RE THE ONES THAT MADE FRED AND GEORGE CHOOSE TO BECOME PRANKSTERS!” Mrs Weasly screamed


Both Sirius and Remus started to back away very slowly from Mrs Weasley.


“You know Sirius,” Harry said “I told you, you would get on the wrong side of her sooner or later.”


“DON’T THINK YOUR GETTING AWAY FROM THIS TWO YOUNG MAN!” Mrs Weasly shouted at Harry “YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS, YOU KNEW ABOUT THE MARAUDERS!”


“Hey, that’s unfair it’s my birthday. I’m not meant to be able to get in trouble on my birthday,” Harry complained, “anyway how was I meant to know Fred and George had the marauders map.”


Mrs Weasley turned to look at Harry and then calmed down a little. “Harry I’m sorry I’m just displeased with these four over here.” She said jerking her thumb over too the twins, Remus and Sirius.


“Molly” started Remus “how were we supposed to know that Fred and George had it?”


“Don’t think that as an excuse Remus. You made it, therefore its your responsible, both you and Sirius. Now Harry hand it over here please?” asked Mrs Weasly holding out her hand.


Harry didn’t know what to do should he hand it over? He didn’t want to; it would be very useful to have this map in his hands. How ever before he succumbed to her waving her hand at him Sirius spoke up.


“Molly obviously you are mad at us cause it was in the hands of Fred and George for that we sorry. However it was a birthday present to Harry and therefore I think wrong to confiscate it from him. Secondly all it is a map of Hogwarts. It shows the classrooms and the hallways and the shortcuts and secret passageways around the school therefore it will make Harry s job easier to get to class quicker without getting lost,” Sirius explained, he conveniently forgot to mention the secret passageways out of the school as well as being able to avoid teachers if he was up to something.


Mrs Weasley was lost for words. “Well then, if you put it like that, I suppose then it might be alright.” She slowly walked back over to Mr Weasley who simply chuckled and put his arm around her and pulled her in a hug. Harry looked over to Ginny and wished that he could do the same with her. He missed the hugs and the kisses from her. It was lonely without his wife. Sure they were best friends now, but he missed the closeness you get from being husband and wife. Or just boyfriend and girlfriend. But Harry reminded himself that that couldn’t happen yet. Just a couple of more years to go. Just wait till he knew for definite that she had fallen in love with him. He didn’t want to start dating her now and find that she didn’t fall in love with him. Plus at the precise age they were too young anyhow. She was only ten for goodness sake.


Harry slowly picked up the last present that was from Ginny and opened it. Inside the small package was a necklace with a square which opened up to show a picture of both him and Ginny playing around on the field laughing and enjoying themselves. Harry didn’t know what to think. All he wanted to do was walk straight up to Ginny and kiss her. He knew he couldn’t do that so instead he just settled for a hug. He wrapped his arms around her and hugged her tightly smelling her hair that he always got caught up in whenever he was close.


“I love it” he whispered in her ear. He pulled back to see Ginny’s face all red from embarrassment from being hugged like that but smiling anyway. He put the golden necklace around his neck and then down his clothes so it wasn’t very noticeable.


He looked around to see shocked faces from her brothers, a smiling face from Sirius, a calculating look from Remus, a twinkle in his eye from Dumbledore and a knowing smile from Mrs Weasley.


“Right cake time?” Ron said shaking everyone out of there thoughts.


“Yeah I’m hungry,” Harry agreed. So everyone got up of the floor and headed into the kitchen, where a massive cake stood. “That wasn’t there when I flooed here,” Harry said.


“Well no, it wouldn’t be a surprise if you saw it first,” Sirius said. Harry laughed at this and sat down ready to cut the cake.


2 hours later and a with a very full stomach, Harry went over to Dumbledore. “Hello sir, how are you?”


“Not bad Harry, not bad,” Dumbledore replied.


“I must thank you for returning the invisibility cloak.”


“No need to thank me, your father left it in my possession before he died I thought it best that it was returned to you. It may come handy at Hogwarts. I’m very intrigued about this map from the twins also. What exactly does it do?”


“The Marauders map? One of my best tools for mischief making. Along with the cloak. It show’s every single passage way inside the castle normal and secret. As well as the ones leading out of the castle. All Seven of them.”


“Seven you say? I’m sure Argus only knows four.”


“That would be correct,” Harry said smiling ear to ear, “Another reason why this is so good. It has passage ways that no one apart from the twins, Sirius and Remus know, about. Like I said it will become very useful for sneaking around at night.” Harry suddenly realising what he just said to the headmaster of said school looked up to see Albus smiling.


“It has just occurred to me Harry,” Albus stated, “that I have temporarily gone death and haven’t heard a word of what you just said.”


“You should have that looked into. You might go blind soon too if this keeps up,” Harry suggested


“Well maybe, depends on what I see. If said thing isn’t really doing any harm to the student’s education…” Dumbledore trailed of. “Oh look Bertie Botts Every Flavour Beans. I had an unfortunate incident where I came across a vomit flavoured one in my earlier days. I should be able to settle for a nice toffee flavour one.” He popped it in his mouth and his face became an expression of disgust.


“Earwax?” Harry asked knowing far too well what that flavour was before Dumbledore put it in his mouth.


“Maybe next time a warning might be nice?” asked Dumbledore


“What? And miss the expression on your face. Its priceless.” Harry smiled up at the headmaster.


“Well I shouldn’t have expected any less from you,” Dumbledore said, swallowing the sweet.


Harry moved of back into the living room when 2 owls came through the open window. Harry was expecting this and really he was quite excited. One owl flew to Harry whilst the other flew to Ron. He took the letter from the owl and ripped it open to read the letter.


HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY


Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore
(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc, Chf. Warlock
Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards


Dear Mr Potter,
We are please to inform you that you have a place at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.
Term begins on 1 September. We await your owl no later than 31 August.


Yours sincerely,




Minerva McGonagall
Deputy Headmistress


Harry grinned from ear to ear and slowly took out the other piece of parchment in his letter as he read his book list and equipment list.


HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY


Uniform:
First year students require:
1. Three sets of plain work robes (black)
2. One plain pointed hat (black)
3. One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)
4. One winter cloak (black, silver fastenings)
Please note all pupils’ clothes should carry name tags




Set Books:
All students should have a copy of each of the following:
The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1) by Miranda Goshhawk
A History of Magic by Mathilda Bagshot
A Beginners Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch
One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore
Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger
Fantastic Beast and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander
The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble




Other Equipment:
1 wand
1 cauldron (pewter, standard size 2)
1 set glass or crystal phials
1 telescope
1 set brass scales



Students may also bring an owl OR a cat OR a toad


PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST-YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICKS


Harry looked up to see Ron happy a smile across his face. “MUM, MUM, I GOT IN, I GOT IN” Ron shouted above everyone.


“Oh my, another son of to Hogwarts,” Mrs Weasly said hugging Ron, “I’m so proud of you.”


“I got in too,” Harry said. Mrs Weasly just turned around and beamed at Harry before pulling him into a hug too.


“Congratulations Harry. I hope you have a wonderful time there,” Mrs Weasly said.


After the commotion of both Harry and Ron getting into Hogwarts Harry moved of towards Ginny who was looking a little lost.


“Hey Ginny, Why are you so upset?” Harry asked


Ginny looked up and looked at Harry. “Oh never mind that Harry I’m just being silly.” She looked backed down clearly not wanting to look at Harry and said “I’m going to miss you.” Harry heart sank. His was going to miss Ginny too. He’d gotten used to having Ginny around all these years. To go to Hogwarts for the whole year without seeing her was going to be hard.


“I’m going to miss you too Ginny,” Harry said looking into her eyes, “Who am I going to prank the twins with.” This made Ginny chuckle as Harry pulled her into a hug. “You will be coming to Hogwarts next year.”


“I know but that’s a whole year away,” Ginny said sadness in her voice. Harry looked around and noticed the headmaster looking around as if he was bored. A sudden idea struck him.


“Ginny, I need to do something I’ll be back in a couple of minutes okay” Harry said. Ginny nodded as Harry starting to walk over to Dumbledore. “Sir I was wandering if I could have a word?” Harry asked Dumbledore. Dumbledore nodded his head and the two went into the hallway as not to be over heard.


“Harry what is wrong?” asked Dumbledore concern in his voice.


“Well you see. It’s Ginny.” Dumbledore’s face grew slightly disappointed.


“I am sorry Harry for I know what you are going to ask and the answer is sadly no. Ginny cannot come to Hogwarts this year. She is not old enough.” Dumbledore said before Harry could even get his question out.


“But you’re the headmaster surely you can…” but was cut of from Dumbledore.


“My hands are tied Harry. It’s the board of governors that decide the age you have to be in order to start Hogwarts. I’m sorry Harry but I can’t let Ginny join this year.” Dumbledore explained


Rather disappointed Harry made his way back into the living room and towards Ginny. The rest of the day went of without much interference. Harry and the Weasly brothers played quidditch in the paddock whilst Ginny went up to her room. Harry had asked her whether she wanted to play too but Ron said she couldn’t fly and dragged Harry out of the room before either Harry or Ginny could reply.


All to soon and much to the bother of Harry who was having fun playing quidditch the sun was setting on his birthday and Sirius had called up to tell him it was time to return home. Slowly the Weasley’s brothers and Harry grudge back down to the kitchen were everyone else was for Harry to say goodbye. He gave a quick smile over in Ginny’s direction which she returned before he stepped into the flames to return to Potter Manor. He and Sirius sat talking for a while in the kitchen before it was time for Harry to go up to bed. He grudgingly walked up the flight of steps and into his bedroom. He never even registered Godric asking if his birthday went well as in slipped into bed and drifted of into the realms of dreams.
Reviews 545
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear