Search:

SIYE Time:5:37 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Erasing The Future
By Moxterminator

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe, Post-HBP
Characters:All, Harry/Ginny
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Fluff, General, Humor, Romance, Tragedy
Warnings: Extreme Language, Mild Sexual Situations, Violence
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 545
Summary: Harry goes back in time to redo his Hogwarts years after losing the war, his family, and his wife, Ginny Potter, to Voldemort. Changes need to be made, but can all changes be good? Years 1-4
Hitcount: Story Total: 396267; Chapter Total: 11111
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
There is an Author's note at the bottom. If siye allow me to have it. However, here i would just like to thank everyone for my dsta. i never expected it. and it made me so happy when i relaised i won. my beta reader actualy had to tell me on msn that i was winning. So thankyou you all for voting.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Harry was released from prison (well, hospital, but Harry liked to call it a prison) around eight o’clock that evening. Ginny, who had never left his side, pulled him off toward the kitchens.


“You haven’t had any dinner, and neither have I,” Ginny explained when Harry asked why they weren’t going to the common room.


“That’s your own fault,” Harry said to her.


“I wasn’t going to leave you,” Ginny said. “How would you feel if you woke up and I wasn’t there? That no one was there.”


Harry agreed and took Ginny’s hand whilst they walked down a flight of steps and out into the entrance hall. They then took the door to the right of the staircase and down the corridor until they came to the portrait of a bowl of fruit. Harry tickled the pear and it turned into a door handle, allowing Harry and Ginny to climb inside.


“Master Harry, Miss Ginny,” they heard Dobby say ecstatically before the house-elf came rushing over. “What is it you are wishing?”


“Can we have some food please, Dobby,” Harry said while sitting down at one of the tables. “I missed dinner because of my injury and Ginny stupidly decided to miss hers.”


“Don’t call me stupid,” Ginny said, sitting down next to him. “Next time I’ll just allow you to wake up on your own then.”


“Can we just eat,” Harry said after Dobby had brought them trays upon trays of food. Harry and Ginny eagerly dug into their mince and vegetables. “I want to go see Hagrid afterwards, and Buckbeak,” Harry said halfway through their meal.


“Buckbeak?” Ginny asked, confused.


“The hippogriff,” Harry said.


“Why on earth do you want to go see that thing?” Ginny said angrily.


“It didn’t mean to hurt me, Ginny,” Harry said. “It was going for Malfoy.”


“But it still got you,” Ginny huffed.


“Only because I stepped in the way, pushing Malfoy aside,” Harry told her. Ginny gaped at him.


“Why the bloody hell did you do that!” Ginny hissed at him. “Let Malfoy get injured, it’s his own bloody fault.”


“But then Malfoy’s dad would probably come up to the school and demand that Hagrid get sacked,” Harry said.


“So you stood in the way in order to try and stop Hagrid from getting the sack?” Ginny asked.


“Basically,” Harry said.


Ginny shook her head. “You great prat. Did you ever think about the hippogriff hurting you?”


“No,” Harry admitted. “I thought the hippogriff would stop.”


Ginny sighed before leaning against Harry. “What am I going to do with you?”


“I’m sure there are lots of things you wish you could do with me,” Harry said, wriggling his eyebrows.


“Any you wish to try out?” Ginny answered back.


“I’ll let you know,” Harry said.


“You do that,” Ginny said, looking into his eyes.


“Is there anything else Master and Miss wishes?” Dobby said, interrupting them.


Harry reluctantly tore his attention away from Ginny. “No Dobby, we’re fine.” When Harry turned back to Ginny, she had gone back to her food. Smiling, Harry started to eat the rest of his dinner too.


Once both Ginny and Harry had finished their dinner, they headed out onto the grounds and down to Hagrid’s hut. There were lights on as it was getting dark and Harry and Ginny had the Invisibility Cloak wrapped around them.


When they reached Hagrid’s door they knocked on it gently and they heard shuffling before Hagrid opened the door. He peered around before Harry talked.


“Hagrid,” Harry said. “It’s me and Ginny, let us in.”


“Harry!” Hagrid said standing aside and allowing Harry and Ginny to walk into the cabin. “What are you doing here?”


“We came to see you and Buckbeak,” Harry said. “Everything alright?”


“Fine, fine,” Hagrid said.


“You didn’t get into trouble have you?” Ginny asked.


“No,” Hagrid said, shaking his head. “I told Dumbledore what happened and he assured me that it wasn’t my fault. I’m sorry Harry; I never thought something like that would happen. I told everyone not to insult the hippogriffs.”


“You did, Hagrid,” Harry said, nodding. “It’s Malfoy’s fault what happened. No one else’s.”


“I know, I know,” Hagrid said. “Buckbeak was in shock, you know. Couldn’t get him to settle down to sleep tonight, poor thing. He was worried about you.”


“Is he still awake?” Harry asked. “Can I see him? I want him to know I don’t blame him.”


“O’ course!” Hagrid said. “Come with me.” Hagrid stood up and led them out of his cabin. Ginny looked somewhat pessimistic, but allowed Harry to grab her hand and lead her over to the paddock. Buckbeak was tied up to the fence and looked up when he heard someone approaching. Buckbeak’s eyes immediately saw Harry. Harry bowed and Buckbeak immediately bowed back. Harry walked up to him slowly and started to rub his beak. Buckbeak closed his eyes lazily.


“See Ginny, he’s fine,” Harry said to her. “Come say hello.”


Ginny carefully walked toward the hippogriff. There was a snap of a twig under her foot and Buckbeak’s eyes flew open and spotted her. Ginny stayed very still.


“Bow, Ginny,” Harry told her and Ginny very slowly bowed. Buckbeak eyed Ginny for a moment before bowing back. Ginny walked closer to Harry and Buckbeak.


“Come pet him,” Harry said to Ginny as she got closer. Ginny slowly walked closer and when she was close enough to reach him, she gave Buckbeak a small pat. Harry smiled encouragingly to her and Ginny patted Buckbeak a bit more.


“He is alright, isn’t he?” Ginny said, smiling as she stroked some of his feathers.


“You’re not mad at him anymore for hurting me, are you?” Harry asked her.


“No,” Ginny said, shaking her head. “I’m still mad at you though.”


“I expected as much,” Harry said, chuckling.


“Alright you two that’s enough,” Hagrid’s booming voice came over to them. “It’s getting dark and you shouldn’t be out after dark, Harry. Not with Pettigrew on the loose.”


“He’s right,” Ginny said. “You promised me you’d be careful. Wandering around after dark isn’t careful.”


“Come on then,” Harry said while sighing, and stopped petting Buckbeak and took a hold of Ginny’s hand. They walked out of the paddock and toward Hagrid.


“I’ll walk you back,” Hagrid said as they headed towards the castle. “Next time don’t visit me so late. Pettigrew is too much of a risk, you got that you two?”


“Yes Hagrid,” Harry and Ginny said together.


“Now put that cloak back on,” Hagrid told them. “It wouldn’t be good for some teacher to see you out here.” Harry and Ginny threw the cloak back over themselves as they walked toward the castle and Hagrid dropped them off at the entrance hall. Together they walked up the staircases and along corridors until they got to the portrait of the Fat Lady. Harry asked her to move and let them in.


“You didn’t give her a password,” Ginny said, confused.


“Heir of Gryffindor, remember?” Harry said, smiling at her under the cloak.


“Oh yeah, right,” Ginny said, smiling. They headed up to Harry’s dormitory where they put the cloak away and then came back downstairs and over to the others.


“Where have you two been?” Hermione questioned while looking through her Transfiguration homework.


“Visiting Hagrid,” Harry said, “and Buckbeak.”


“How is Hagrid?” Neville asked.


“He’s fine,” Ginny said. “He’s not getting in trouble. And Buckbeak is okay. Harry showed me to him.”


“What homework do you have?” Hermione asked. “Harry, you’d better do some of your Transfiguration and Ancient Runes.”


“Ancient Runes is just reading,” Harry said. “And Transfiguration doesn’t have to be in until Friday.”


“Don’t leave it to the last minute, Harry!” Hermione said. “Otherwise it’s not going to be that good and I will not look over it for you. Ginny, what homework do you have to do?


“Charms and Potions,” Ginny said. “Neither has to be in tomorrow.”


“Fine,” Hermione said huffily picking up her notes. “Leave it to the last minute. But don’t expect me to help you when neither of you understand it.” With that, she left for the girls’ dormitories.





Wednesday evening found Harry and Ginny sitting alone in the common room, doing homework. The day before, Harry got set both Charms and Potions homework. Today, a long essay for History of Magic. Therefore, with reading having to be done for Ancient Runes, an essay for Transfiguration, Charms, History of Magic, and Potions, Harry sat in the corner of the common room, writing his Potions essay. He had already done his reading for Ancient Runes but still had the others to do; it was going to be a long night. Ginny sat next to him, her homework spread around her too. Harry’s joke sweets were sitting on the table between them, the green ones giving you a massive energy boost, which allowed you to write a lot quicker, and the yellow ones making you smarter.


Even with the sweets, Harry and Ginny’s homework lasted them long into the night. Around eleven thirty-five, Harry finally wrote the last line for his Charms essay and he was done. Yawning, Harry stretched out, and then put the essays he had written that evening back into his bag.


“Please, let’s not leave our homework to the last minute like this again,” Harry said to Ginny.


“Agreed,” Ginny said tiredly, writing another line to her last essay. Ginny dropped her quill and without even looking, outstretched her hand towards another green coloured sweet. However, rather than picking up a green coloured one, she picked up a blue coloured sweet. Without even looking and before Harry could even warn her, she popped it into her mouth.


“Ginny!” Harry said hurriedly. “That’s the wrong sweet.”


Ginny looked up from her essay and swallowed the sweet before saying, “Huh?”


“That was the wrong sweet!” Harry said, diving into his bag to get the box the sweets came from. “You ate a blue coloured sweet.”


“I thought it was green,” Ginny said, frowning.


“No, it was blue!” Harry said, bringing the box out of his bag and looking at the back where it told the consumer what the sweets did. “The blue sweet, here you go. The truth sweet, the consumer of this sweet is forced to tell the truth for twenty-four hours. The consumer cannot lie or act to make people think something other than the truth.” Harry looked up to Ginny, who had a frown on her face.


“I have to tell the truth for twenty four hours?” Ginny asked.


“That’s what it says here,” Harry said, looking down at the box just to make sure.


“That’s not too bad then,” Ginny said slowly.


“Until someone asks you a question you don’t want to answer,” Harry said.


“No one else knows I ate it,” Ginny said, thinking. “We just don’t tell anyone.”


“You’re sure you’re okay?” Harry asked.


“No,” Ginny said, nodding her head. Ginny went wide-eyed and threw her hand over her mouth.


“You can’t lie,” Harry said, taking her other hand. “The sweet wont let you.”


“I…” Ginny said trying to say something before turning red and growling in frustration.


“See,” Harry said.


“Harry…” Ginny said desperately to him.


“It’s going to be okay,” Harry said walking around the table and kneeling down by her. “We don’t tell anyone. I promise you, I won’t let anything happen.”


“I’m scared,” Ginny whispered out. “What if I tell someone your secrets? What if I tell someone about Estelle and Simon, or that you’re Gryffindor’s heir?”


“It’s going to be okay,” Harry said, running his hand through Ginny’s hair, trying to soothe her. “I promise you. I’ll look after you. And if you do tell someone my secrets, I won’t blame you. It won’t be your fault if you do.”


“I don’t want to though,” Ginny muttered. “I don’t want to break your confidence in me.”


“You won’t,” Harry said gently to her. “Because I know that even if you do tell someone, it won’t be your fault. So I won’t blame you.” Ginny still looked afraid. “Let’s get to bed, we’re both tired. We’ll talk some more in the morning.” Ginny nodded and both Harry and Ginny packed their stuff away and headed off to bed.


The next morning Harry woke up early and headed downstairs to find Ginny already awake and fully dressed, her bag with her, her feet tucked underneath her bottom. Sapphire lay quietly on her lap.


“Hey,” Harry said gently as he walked over to her and put an arm around her. “How are you doing?”


“Scared,” Ginny said before sighing and leaning against him. “I guess there’s nothing I can do. I just have to tell the truth no matter what.”


“I’m sorry,” Harry said. “If there was anything I could do…”


“It’s not your fault,” Ginny said


“It was my sweets,” Harry said.


“I ate the wrong one,” Ginny said. “I was too tired and wasn’t paying attention. Not your fault, but mine, I was tired and should have gone to bed rather than trying to give myself more energy.”


“You seem better than last night,” Harry said to her.


“I had time to think whilst I was down here waiting for you to wake up,” Ginny said, stroking Sapphire. “I’m scared, but you were right last night. No one knows I have to speak the truth. I can just go on as normal. We don’t tell anyone.”


“Yeah,” Harry said, agreeing. “It’s not that bad, when I was looking through the sweets there were some I’m definitely not going to eat. Although I might give them to Malfoy.” Ginny giggled.


“Come on,” Harry said, taking a hold of Ginny’s hand. “Let’s go down to breakfast, no point sitting up here doing nothing.”


Ginny agreed and got up, placing Sapphire on the couch, she stroked the part-kneazle one more time before taking Harry’s hand and they walked down to breakfast. They were the first students in the Great Hall. Only Dumbledore and McGonagall were eating breakfast there.


Over the next thirty minutes, the Great Hall slowly started to fill up with teachers and students, each stretching and yawning, trying to get the sleep out of their bodies, ready for the classes that lay ahead. Ron, Hermione, and Neville didn’t arrive until the Great Hall was nearly full. Hermione sat down opposite Harry and Ginny with Ron and Neville sitting down on either side of her.


“Morning,” Harry said, smiling at them.


“Why are you two up so early?” Hermione asked them. “Why didn’t you wait for us?”


“We just woke up early,” Harry said.


“And we didn’t see the point of staying up in the common room when we can come down here and have breakfast,” Ginny said, smiling. Harry smiled; Ginny was doing better than he thought she would.


“You could have waited for us,” Ron said.


“We were hungry,” Harry said, lying.


After breakfast, Harry and the others broke apart from Ginny as she headed up the stairs to Defence Against the Dark Arts with Lupin and Harry and the others headed out onto the grounds down to Herbology. The morning classes went too slowly for Harry’s liking. In Herbology, Professor Sprout started to teach them about puffapods. They would be making a project out of them and studying them all term, something that Harry wasn’t going to enjoy since they were always wet and slippery and if one touched the ground, it would automatically burst into a flower. Professor Sprout had had to banish sixteen flowers alone in their first lesson.


When the bell rang, the class, muddy and dirty, headed back up to the castle, where Harry had his second Ancient Runes lesson. When he got to the third floor, Harry quickly popped into the bathroom to wash his hands before heading into the classroom. He sat in the third row like last time, next to Hermione who was already there. They were set to read the third chapter, after having to read the first and second in the previous class and for homework. Professor Pagget did promise that in tomorrow’s lesson they would start on some actual practical work.


Ginny was waiting for Harry as he walked down the steps into the entrance hall. Hermione had said that she needed to go to the bathroom and would catch up to him. Harry smiled at her and Ginny smiled back, indicating that her first two lessons were okay. Harry let out a breath he didn’t know he was holding in as he reached her.


“Everything okay?” Harry asked her, taking her hand as they started to walk out toward the grounds.


“It’s going okay,” Ginny said, smiling. “It’s not as bad as I thought it was going to be.”


“I told you,” Harry said.


“Okay, so you were right,” Ginny said, as they started to walk down the lawns and off toward the lake. “Strange as that can be...”


“Hey!” Harry protested.


“It’s the….” Ginny started, but stopped as her next word refused to come out. Ginny growled out and flung herself down on the lake’s embankment.


“You were going to say ‘truth’?” Harry asked gently, sitting down next to her.


“I hate this!” Ginny screamed out.


“I know,” Harry said, putting a comforting arm around her. “What lesson have you got next?”


“Charms,” Ginny said, “and my homework better be one hundred percent perfect, otherwise...”


“Hey, come on,” Harry said to her. “Its not as bad as you first thought, is it?”


“No,” Ginny admitted, leaning against Harry. “But it’s so frustrating. I can’t even crack a joke unless it’s the truth!”


“Ah, can’t Ginny be sarcastic anymore?” Harry said, shoving her playfully.


“No,” Ginny said, sulking and shoving Harry back. “It sucks. It’s what we do, you and me. We always have playful banters. I can’t do that anymore. I love it when we do that.”


“Its only today,” Harry said. “I promise, tomorrow we’ll banter every minute we’re together.”


“We’d better,” Ginny said.


When the bell rang indicating the end of break, Harry headed off toward double Potions whilst Ginny walked off to Charms. Snape was waiting for them and Harry headed straight to the back of the class to Ron and Neville, Hermione coming in a minute later. Snape flicked his wand toward the blackboard and instructions suddenly appeared.


“Today you are making the rather tedious Shrinking Solution,” Snape started. “You will be working alone. If I catch anyone helping another, it will be detention. You may begin.”


Harry filled his cauldron up with water before lighting a fire underneath it. Harry then started to get out the ingredients needed. He put them next to the cauldron, checked the instructions one more time before starting to cut up his daisy roots. Ron next to him started doing the same, making sure every piece was exactly the same size. It took Ron some time. By the time Ron had finished cutting his roots; Harry had already started skinning his shrivelfig.


Once Harry had skinned and chopped up his shrivelfig, he added it, along with the roots, into his cauldron. Harry then had to stir, apparently, counter clockwise for ten minutes before stirring clockwise for fifteen. It was a long and boring process. This was then followed up by adding one rat spleen, stirring it for five minutes again, adding a dash of leech juice, and then even more stirring. After having to stir for twenty minutes, Harry could relax and leave it alone for ten minutes before taking it off the heat, and then bottling it up. Harry’s potion wasn’t perfect, but it wasn’t terrible; it would still work. It was acid green, but it was slightly darker than Hermione’s further down the table. Sighing, Harry waited for the end of the lesson and lunch.


With five minutes to go, Snape called everyone to fill up his or her goblets and hand them in. Harry filled his up, placed it on Snape’s desk, and then went back to his table to clear up and tidy up.


When the bell rang, Harry and the others headed out of the cold, dark, dingy dungeons and walked up into the warmth of the rest of the school. They walked into the Great Hall to have some lunch and were soon joined by a beaming Ginny not ten minutes later.


“What’s got you so happy?” Harry asked her.


“I got fifty points for Gryffindor in Charms,” Ginny said, sitting down next to him and putting some steak and kidney pie onto her plate. “Twenty for my homework and thirty for getting two spells done.”


“Two?” Hermione asked, surprised.


“Yeah,” Ginny said. nodding. “I can’t believe how easy learning spells is. I had so much trouble last year.”


“But you haven’t this year?” Hermione asked.


“No, every lesson so far I’ve managed to get the spell done by the end of the lesson,” Ginny said smiling.


“But you didn’t last year?” Hermione asked.


“No,” Ginny shook her head. “I was bottom of the class, not top. Harry reckons it was because of Tom that I wasn’t doing very well last year.”


“Because of You-Know-Who?” Neville asked. “I suppose with you worrying all year, you wouldn’t concentrate fully on your classes.”


“No,” Harry said shaking his head. “I reckon Tom was draining Ginny of her magic. Forcing her to be weak. Now he’s gone, Ginny is back to full strength and a very powerful witch.” Ginny smiled at Harry’s compliment.


“I never heard of someone draining another person of their magic,” Hermione said.


“It’s very Dark magic,” Ron said. “There’re rituals and stuff that can do a lot of things. Draining someone of their magic sounds just like something You-Know-Who would do.”


“Well, that’s good,” Hermione said. “I’m glad you’re top of the class, Ginny. Maybe you can help Harry here get better too.”


“He is good enough,” Ginny said, smiling.


“He could still improve though,” Hermione said, causing Harry and Ginny to sneak each other a knowing look.


After lunch, Harry, Ron, Neville, and Hermione arrived outside the Defence classroom early. They were so early in fact that Ginny joined them for five minutes before heading off toward Transfiguration. Harry told Ginny that they would meet her in the Great Hall for dinner.


When the bell rang, Harry, Ron, Neville, and Hermione walked into the classroom and sat right at the very front. Hermione got her book out, eagerly waiting for the start of the lesson, whilst the others didn’t. Five minutes later, their fellow Gryffindor students arrived in the classroom. Remus arrived shortly after.


“Wands out, books away please,” Lupin said as he arrived. There was an excited whisper at this news. “Now, if you would like to follow me.” The class stood up and followed Lupin out of the classroom and along the corridors of Hogwarts.


“We are currently heading toward the staff room,” Remus told the class as they headed down a flight of stairs and into the Great Hall. They headed off down the corridor where the Hufflepuffs came out from and soon came to a door that Harry recognised as the staff room. Remus opened up the door and ushered the class inside.


It was the same as Harry remembered it. It had panels all along the wall and loads of armchairs. Professor Snape was sitting in one and as soon as he noticed the class filing in, he stood up and left. Just as he was about to close the door he said to Remus, “Don’t expect too much from this class. They’re all rubbish. Especially Potter.”


“You forget, Severus, that I am Harry’s honorary uncle and see him almost every week when he is not in school. I assure you I know how good he is,” Remus said coldly. “Now, if you excuse us we have a lesson.” Snape sneered one more time before leaving the room.


“Now,” Remus said addressing the class. “Can everyone gather around this wardrobe here please?” The class confusedly walked toward the wardrobe until a rather loud noise erupted from it and it shook. The class suddenly stopped.


“There’s nothing to worry about,” Remus said. “There is a boggart in there. Who can tell me what a boggart is?” Hermione and Harry put their hands up.


“Harry?” Remus asked.


“A boggart is a shape shifter that takes the form of the thing that you fear the most,” Harry said.


“Exactly,” Remus said, nodding. “No-one truly knows what a boggart looks like when it is in its dark cupboard or wherever the boggart has decided to hide. But as soon as it steps out of that place and in front of the person facing that boggart, it will become whatever the person fears the most. This is why it is better to face the boggart with more than one person. Why is that?” Once again, Harry and Hermione put their hands up.


“Hermione,” Remus said, nodding to her.


“Because one thing that someone finds frightening could be one thing another person finds amusing and therefore wouldn’t be too afraid to cast the banishing spell,” Hermione answered.


“Correct,” Remus said, nodding. “This means we have the advantage. The boggart won’t know what to turn into. I met a boggart who faced a similar position and turned itself into a headless man-eating slug. Not remotely scary as the slug didn’t have a head to eat with.”


“The spell we are going to learn today is the boggart banishing spell,” Remus said. “The incantation is ‘Riddikulus’. Everyone say it with me…”


“Riddikulus,” everyone said.


“Good, good,” Remus said, smiling. “You’re halfway there. However, the spell isn’t enough. You have to have willpower to face your fear. Because, truly, the real thing that defeats a boggart is laughter, lots of it. When you say the spell, you need to force the thing you fear the most into something funny. Something you can laugh at. That takes extraordinary willpower. So I want you all to think what you fear the most and then think about how you can turn it into something funny.”


The class fell silent as Remus walked around Harry’s classmates, who were trying to work out how they could turn their fears into something they would find funny. When Remus walked near Harry, Harry spoke to him.


“Remus,” Harry started and Remus smiled.


“We’re in class, Harry,” Remus said. “It’s Professor, but please, only in class. You may continue.”


“Let me have a go with the boggart,” Harry said. “I know what it’s going to be and I know how to face it. It’s not going to be Voldemort.”


“Are you sure, Harry?” Remus asked.


“Positive,” Harry said, nodding.


“Very well,” Remus said. “I’ll let you have a go. But I’m surprised the thing you fear the most is not Voldemort.”


“Dementors are worse,” Harry muttered.


Remus smiled at him. “That’s very wise, Harry, it suggest the thing you fear the most is fear. So yes, I will let you have a go.” Harry nodded as Remus continued around the class.


“Alright,” Remus said five minutes later. “I hope you are all ready, if Neville would like to step forward. You’re going to be facing the boggart first.”


Neville stepped forward into space as the class backed away slightly. Neville had his eyes closed, muttering under his breath. He then looked up, and Lupin smiled before pointing his wand at the wardrobe. With a click it opened slowly and out stalked Professor Snape. Neville took a deep breath before raising his wand.


“Riddikulus,” Neville shouted and Snape’s clothes changed from his normal black cloak to a frilly pink dress. The whole class burst into laughter. Neville smiled before moving away and Lupin called Parvati forward and the boggart transformed into a mummy.


“Riddikulus,” Parvati cried, and the mummy started to unravel at his feet and it tripped over its own bandages.


Harry watched as the boggart transformed into a banshee with a raspberry voice, a rat that chased his tail, and a bloody eyeball that started whiz around and around so that its iris was just a blur. It also changed into a severed hand, which Dean managed to trap into a mousetrap. Ron put roller skates onto each of the legs of a spider, causing it to slip and slide everywhere.


Finally, it came to Harry’s turn. Harry looked at Remus, who nodded, before stepping forward and the boggart arrived before Harry. With a loud crack, the boggart changed its appearance. Apart from, what it changed into wasn’t a Dementor… it wasn’t even Voldemort. It was Ginny.


There, in front of Harry, stood an exact copy of Ginny. The whole class burst out in laughter as they looked at Harry’s worst fear being his best friend.


“Scared of your girlfriend, Potter?” Seamus laughed out.


“Well,” Harry replied who was slightly laughing too. Why on earth would the boggart think he was scared of Ginny? He wasn’t scared of Ginny. He loved her. “Ginny does have a mean Bat Bogey Hex.” The class burst out into another round of laughter. Then, suddenly, the boggart started speaking.


“I’m sorry, Harry,” the boggart Ginny spoke and the whole class stopped laughing to hear what the boggart had to say. “But I don’t love you.” The whole class was deathly quiet as Harry froze. “I don’t think I ever will. I’m sorry. I don’t think we can be friends now either, with you loving me. It might get your hopes up and I don’t want that. I’m sorry, Harry. I’m really sorry.”


Harry still stood still as he let the words sink in. Harry shook his head. He shouldn’t let the words sink in. They weren’t true! There was a sudden loud crack and the boggart suddenly changed. There in front of him was the dead body of Ginny. She was ghostly white, her eyes glazed over. Harry heard Ron gasp behind him and the footsteps of Remus hurrying toward the boggart. Harry just stared at the body of the girl that he loved. Suddenly, there was a flash of memory and in front of his eyes for a second was the dead body of nineteen-year-old Ginny.


Harry shook his head, desperately trying to get that image to leave his mind. Tears started to swell up behind his eyes as there was a loud crack and the dead body of Ginny was replaced by the full moon. Remus stood in front of him, covering him from the boggart.


“Riddikulus,” Remus cried and the boggart burst into smoke and vanished. Harry didn’t wait for a reaction. He bolted out of the staff room and down two corridors before stopping in an alcove. Harry sat down and tried to slow down his breathing. Whatever he was expecting, he wasn’t expecting that!


Harry closed his eyes, yet the dead form of Ginny, both nineteen and twelve, flashed into his mind. Harry opened his eyes as quickly as he closed them, shaking his head. Harry heard footsteps and he looked up to see Ron, Hermione, Neville, and Remus hurrying toward him.


“Harry,” Hermione said, kneeling down beside him when she reached him. “Are you okay?”


“Fine,” Harry lied.


“Right mate,” Ron said quietly, squatting down beside him. Neville stayed standing whilst Remus watched over him. “That wasn’t even my boggart and I’m not over that.”


“Talk to us, Harry,” Hermione said.


“I should have known it was going to be that,” Harry muttered. “I thought it was going to be a Dementor. I mean, a Dementor makes you relive your worst memories… I didn’t think. I should have realized. I’m more afraid of Ginny not loving me and… well…”


“Ginny dying?” Hermione asked gently.


“You know Ginny loves you though,” Neville said quietly. “She told you the morning before Tom took her. She just doesn’t remember telling you, that’s all.”


“She loves me, yes,” Harry said. “But that doesn’t mean I’m not afraid that she will stop loving me.”


“How do you know she will?” Remus asked. “I know you’re only twelve and thirteen, but if someone met you and Ginny, it would be obvious to them how much you love each other. That kind of love doesn’t just disappear, Harry.”


“I know,” Harry said. “It doesn’t stop me from fearing it though.”


“Come on,” Remus said, bending down and helping Harry up. “I sent the others back to the classroom. Do you want to go see Madam Pomfrey?”


“No!” Harry said angrily. That was the last thing he wanted.


“Alright mate,” Ron said hurriedly. “You don’t have to.”


Remus led the four of them along the corridor and back up to his classroom. When they got there, the whole class stayed deathly quiet. Harry and the other four sat down in their seats and Remus stood in front of the class.


“Well done, everyone who faced the boggart,” Remus said. “Five points for everyone who faced it. Five points for Hermione and Harry for answering my questions as well. I know we’ve only got five minutes left of the lesson but please stay behind for a little while whilst you copy some information about boggarts from the board. It shouldn’t take you long. Or you could do this for homework and you would have to look this information up yourself. It’s up to you.”


Unsurprisingly, when the bell rang, no one left and continued to copy down Remus’ notes. As students filed through the door, all you could hear in the room was the careful scratching of quills on parchment. About ten minutes after the end of the lesson though, the quietness was broken as the door burst open and an out of breath Colin Creevy came running into the room.


“Harry!” Colin said straight away. Harry looked up confused from his parchment. “It’s Ginny, Malfoy has her on the grounds; she’s talking about the Chamber of Secrets.”


Harry sprang up right away and plunged his hand into his pocket as he grabbed his wand. Then, ignoring everyone in the room, he bolted from the classroom and along the corridors toward the Great Hall.


“WHERE ON THE GROUNDS?” Harry shouted back to Colin, who was trying to keep up.


“BY THE LAKE,” Colin shouted back and as Harry reached the staircase, he took them three at a time. Harry leapt the last five steps and landed, bended knees, on the floor of the Great Hall. Harry sprang up right away as he raced along the marble floor, through the oak front doors and down onto the ground. Fred and George were running down toward the large group of people, Harry easily caught up to them.


“LEAVE MALFOY TO ME!” Harry shouted at them as they got closer to the group. When they got there, Harry plunged past people, using his magic to build up his strength to be able to push aside the sixth and seventh years. Harry suddenly burst out of the crowd and into the circle that was formed by the students. Harry noticed that everyone that was at the front were Slytherins. Ginny was curled up on the ground, sobbing her heart out, Malfoy standing a couple of feet away laughing.


“Oh look it’s Potter!” Malfoy jeered as Harry threw himself next to Ginny. “We were just talking about you.”


“Ginny!” Harry said, desperately taking both her hands.


Ginny looked up at Harry, tears still falling down her cheek. “I didn’t tell him!” Ginny said hurriedly and Harry wondered what she was talking about. “He doesn’t know any of your secrets,” she sobbed.


“Secrets?” Malfoy sneered. “Potter got secrets too, hey? Was he attacking Muggleborns too? Did he open the Chamber of Secrets too?” Everyone laughed around him. And Harry grew angry. They forced Ginny to talk about the Chamber of Secrets. Malfoy was going to pay! Hard! But for now, he needed to concentrate on Ginny first.


“Interesting things we learned today, Potter,” Malfoy sneered as Harry tried to get Ginny to stand up. “Longbottom, Weasley, and the Mudblood sneaking into the Slytherin common room for one. I bet that’s expulsion. This place will be better with that Mudblood gone.” Harry’s anger grew once more. “One thing did shock us though. Fancy a Weasley opening the Chamber of Secrets! Who would have guessed?”


Harry could hear his own heart beating in his own chest, the anger doubling up inside him. He needed to concentrate. He needed to get Ginny out of here. But Ginny wasn’t moving. She was still curled up, sobbing her heart out. Refusing to move, trying to hide from the onslaught and obviously wishing that the ground would swallow her up completely.


“Come on, Ginny,” Harry said quietly to her. “We need to get you out of here.”


“You’re not going anywhere, Potter,” Malfoy sneered. “The Chamber of Secrets wasn’t the only secret we found out. Guess whom the Weaselette loves?” The Slytherins roared with laughter as Harry grew even angrier. Ginny looked up at Harry after that sentence, her eyes begging him to get her out of there.


Harry lifted her up and started to walk toward the castle but the Slytherins were blocking their path. Ginny was too heavy and Harry gently put her back on the ground as he held up his wand. Malfoy was ready though, because as soon as Harry turned to him, Malfoy shouted, “EXPELLIARMUS,” and Harry’s wand flew out of his hand and toward Malfoy. Malfoy caught it, and the Slytherins burst out in even more laughter. Harry could see people starting to move about behind the Slytherins, which told him Fred and George were making their way through the crowd. Harry had no idea where Ron and the others were.


“Weaselette,” Malfoy sneered. “Tell him who you love!”


“Ginny,” Harry said hurriedly. “You don’t need to answer that.”


“Tell him,” Malfoy sneered as he pointed both wands at her.


“Harry,” Ginny quickly said. “I love Harry.”


“YOU’RE DEAD, MALFOY!” Harry said, striding toward him, planning on ripping Malfoy limb from limb. Ginny shouldn’t have been forced to tell him that! She should have been allowed to tell him in her own time!


“You’re unarmed, Potter,” Malfoy sneered as he raised both wands and shot two Stinging Hexes at Harry. Harry raised his hands in the path of the path of the incoming hexes, and caught them, one in each hand. The Slytherins stopped jeering as they stared in shock at Harry.


Harry flung the Stinging Hexes back at Malfoy, who was so shocked at the fact that Harry had caught the spells, he didn’t even move as both hexes slammed into him, causing him to fall to the ground. Harry then flicked his right wrist toward Malfoy and wandlessly and non-verbally cast a flinging hex. Malfoy was flung across in the air and landed in a heap by the Slytherins’ legs. Malfoy coughed slightly as he struggled to get up. Harry raised both of his hands and wandlessly cast the Disarming Charm and both wands flew over to Harry, who caught them both. Harry then took one step toward Malfoy, who was looking up at Harry in fear.


“How many times have I told you to stay away,” Harry said quietly, but his voice carried over to everyone who had gathered around. “How many times have I told you to leave Ginny alone? How many times have I warned you, Malfoy, that you were out of your league? You listen up now and you listen up good because this is the last time I tell you! STAY AWAY FROM GINNY! If you don’t, Malfoy, what I’ve done to you will feel like child’s play. I promise you, next time you hurt her, you’ll end up in the hospital wing.” Harry then threw Malfoy’s wand at his face and turned back to Ginny.


“Let’s get you out of here,” Harry said gently to her.


“My ankle,” Ginny whispered. “I think it’s twisted. I tried running away but I fell and…”


“It’s okay,” Harry said to her, bent down, and waved his hand over her ankle. A bandage suddenly appeared on her ankle and Harry smiled at her.


“Come on,” Harry said, lifting her up and putting her right arm around his shoulder so that Ginny wouldn’t have to put too much weight on her hurt ankle. Harry carried her away from the crowd, people moving out of his way without Harry even having to ask. Harry had no idea where the others were. Probably still stuck in the crowd, trying to get to them, but he didn’t care. He didn’t care that nearly half of the school just witnessed him do wandless magic. All he cared about was Ginny and Ginny alone.


“Harry…” Ginny whispered but Harry cut across her.


“Don’t,” he said gently. “Let’s just get you somewhere safe.” Harry led her up the stairs and into the Great Hall. Harry could hear hurried footsteps and he ducked with Ginny behind a pillar as Professor Dumbledore, McGonagall, Lupin, and Snape crossed the Great Hall and toward the crowd, way too late to actually stop anything from happening.


For the next ten minutes, Harry led Ginny, who was still silently crying, up the staircases and along the corridors until they got to the seventh floor and then, rather than turning right to go to the common room, Harry made them turn left and headed along the opposite way. They took two more rights until they came to the corridor where the Room of Requirement rested and Harry stopped in front of the blank wall.


“Hogwarts,” Harry said. “Open up the Room of Requirements please.” Suddenly a door appeared in the wall, Harry helped Ginny through it and into the classroom Harry and Ginny had hung out a lot in last year when Harry was teaching her. Harry led Ginny over to the couch and gently sat her down on it, then sat himself next to her.


“I knew you wouldn’t want to go to the hospital wing,” Harry said to Ginny as he turned to look at her.


“Thanks,” Ginny whispered.


“Was it only your ankle?” Harry asked and Ginny nodded.


“I’m sorry,” Ginny suddenly burst out, looking at him.


“Sorry!” Harry said. “What for?”


“For loving you,” Ginny whispered and Harry looked at her confused.


“For loving me?” Harry said, taking both her hands. “Why are you sorry for that?”


“I don’t want to rush you,” Ginny whispered. “I don’t want to you feel like you have to be with me just because I love you. I want you to be with me when you’re ready to be. Why do you think I haven’t said anything over the summer about us getting together? Especially after my birthday. I knew you had feelings for me, romantically. I was just waiting for you to love me,” she added, looking down.


“Oh Ginny,” Harry said, putting his hand under her cheek and forcing her head back up to look at his. “I do love you.”


Ginny suddenly went wide-eyed. “What?”


“I, Love, You,” Harry said gently to her and put his hand back down to her own.


“You... you love me?” Ginny asked, and Harry noticed a glint of hope in her eyes.


“Yes,” Harry said nodding. “But that shouldn’t matter. You should never be sorry for loving someone Ginny, never. It’s not like you can decide whom you fall in love with.”


“But you love me,” Ginny said.


Harry chuckled. “Yes, I do.”


“And I love you,” Ginny said, now smiling.


“Well,” Harry said as he gazed lovingly at her. “That’s a bonus then isn’t it?”


“Does this mean, does that mean we’re boyfriend and girlfriend?” Ginny asked Harry.


“Well,” Harry said. “Not just yet.”


“Why not?” Ginny asked, suddenly saddened.


Harry smiled as he cupped Ginny’s cheek one more time, looked into her eyes, and then started to lean toward her. Ginny smiled back as she realised what Harry was doing and started to learn toward Harry too. Ever so slowly, finally, after years of waiting, Harry’s lips touched Ginny’s as he gave her a loving kiss.


Ginny’s lips were frozen in place for a split of a second as Harry’s lips moved against her own. And then suddenly, Harry felt Ginny starting to move her lips, started to feel Ginny kiss him back. Ginny lips were just as soft as he remembered; a faint taste of strawberries filled his senses. The kiss only lasted for a second, but to Harry, that second lasted a lifetime. After all these years, after the long wait he had to endure, he was finally here kissing the girl he loved.


When they pulled apart, they were both smiling, both feeling delighted that their first kiss had finally happened. Ginny sighed as she leaned against him and looked lovingly up at him.


“Now we’re boyfriend and girlfriend,” Harry whispered to her. Ginny chuckled before once more closing the gap and giving Harry another loving kiss. When they pulled apart, Harry spoke again. “Did you know you taste of strawberries?”


Ginny laughed. “No,” she said shaking her head. “But I do now.” Harry put his arm around Ginny, as she, smiling like a Cheshire cat, snuggled closer to Harry.


“I love you,” Harry whispered to her.


“I love you too,” Ginny replied. She stayed silent for a moment before speaking again. “For how long?”


“Hmm?” Harry asked her looking down.


“How long have you loved me?” Ginny asked. This was where Harry knew he had to lie. Ginny now knew that he loved her. But he didn’t think Ginny was ready for the whole truth. So Harry had decided to lie. Ginny wasn’t quite ready to know everything.


“I’ve loved you since Christmas last year,” Harry said and Ginny looked shocked up at him. “I’m sorry I never told you. Really, I am. But you had the Chamber of Secrets to worry about and I wanted to concentrate on getting you past it, on getting you better before I told you.”


“And then why didn’t you tell me after I’d gotten better,” Ginny asked. “Why wait until now?”


“I just never had the right time,” Harry said truthfully. “I wanted to wait until you loved me back. For the same reason you wanted to wait over the summer. I didn’t want you to feel like I was rushing you, forcing you to love me back because I loved you. I wanted you to love me because you wanted to. Quite the pair, aren’t we?”


“Both of us waiting until the other one loved us,” Ginny said laughing. “Yeah, we are.”


“Unfortunately, I can only use that excuse up until the time you were taken down into the Chamber of Secrets.” Harry said to her and Ginny frowned. “You remember the fact that we talked before you were taken down into the chamber, but you don’t remember the conversation because Tom wiped your memory?”


“Yes,” Ginny said looking up at him, “Why?”


“We talked about a couple of things,” Harry said, not looking at her. Unsure on how Ginny would react to what he was just about to tell her. “We talked about the Dursleys, when we met, you told me about your little fantasy about us riding off into the sunset on horseback…”


“I didn’t!” Ginny said wide-eyed.


“Yeah,” Harry said, laughing. “You did. But we also talked about something else.”


“What?” Ginny asked.


“I think it’s better if I show you,” Harry said, closing his eyes and a Pensieve appeared on the table. Harry put his wand to his skull, and then pulled it back as a memory came out, attached to his wand. Harry put it in the Pensieve and a view of the common room appeared before them in the Pensieve.


“Hold on,” Harry said to Ginny as he plunged headfirst into the Pensieve, Ginny being dragged along with him. All of a sudden, they were pulled into Harry’s memory landing feet first on the common room floor.


“Where are we?” Ginny asked.


“Viewing my memory of the morning you were taken down into the chamber,” Harry said. “I just told you about the Dursleys. Watch.” Ginny eyed Harry for a second before turning her attention to the scene before her.


“Yeah well,” Harry said. “My dream came true. I was taken away to the orphanage in Ottery St. Catchpole and six months later, I met your family and learned of Sirius. I became your best friend, the best thing that could have ever happened to me. I had, finally, a friend.”


“And we became so close. I lived with Sirius. We were friends all the time and we hardly ever fought. And when we did, we always made up within a couple of hours,” Harry said. “I had friends, I had a family. I was cared for. But most importantly, I had you.”


“I really mean that much to you?” Ginny asked, whispering.


“You mean everything to me,” Harry whispered. “You’re my world, my life. Nothing would ever be the same without you.”


“I know,” Ginny whispered back. “That’s how I feel about you.”


“Well, that’s good to know,” Harry said as he looked at her and with his hand he put some stray strand of Ginny’s hair behind her ear. Ginny put her arms around Harry’s neck as they stared at each other for a couple of seconds. Then, as a silent agreement passed between the two giving each other permission to do so, they started to lean towards each other. Ginny’s lips parted slightly as Harry got closer and Harry turned his head slightly so they wouldn’t bang heads and bent closer to kiss her. Ginny unconsciously wet her lips in anticipation of the kiss and her eyes slowly shut, Harry closed his eyes, too, as their lips became only millimetres apart.


“POTTER!” Wood shouted around the common room and Harry and Ginny opened their eyes and sprang apart in pure shock of someone else coming into the room. “Potter, you down here?” Wood said as he came striding into the room. “There you are, Potter! Good to see you up bright and early again.” He then noticed that Ginny was in the room too, the fact that she had her arms round his neck, the fact that they were both lying on the sofa, and they had their faces inches apart. “Err, did I interrupt something?” Ginny looked at Harry and Harry knew she wanted him to answer.


“Yes,” Harry said. “You did.” Ginny’s face was aglow like he had never seen before.


“Ah,” Wood said. “Right. Sorry. Just a warning, though. Fred and George should be down any second.”


“Thanks,” Ginny said, although she didn’t sound like she appreciated it much.


“Right,” Wood said. He then walked toward the portrait hole. “Don’t be too long, Potter. We have a massive game today. Make sure you have your head in the game and not on your new girlfriend.”



“Why haven’t you told me about this before?” present Ginny hissed.


“I wanted to,” present Harry, said quietly. “I just never found the time.”


“Yes Wood,” Harry said, rolling his eyes. Wood walked out of the common room and Harry turned back to Ginny.


“I hate him,” Ginny muttered.


Harry laughed out. “Only because he stopped us from kissing.”


“And you don’t think that’s a good enough excuse?” Ginny said, eyebrows raised. “Do you know how long I have waited for that? How long I’ve waited for you to kiss me. And just when you’re about to, he comes in and ruins it.”


“What?” Harry asked her, chuckling. “You think I’m only ever going to want to kiss you that one time? If you’re really afraid of that, I’ll kiss you here and now if you really want me to.”


“Making promises already, Harry,” Ginny said. “I like it. Soon I will have you wrapped around my finger.”


“As long as I can kiss you whenever I want, I’m happy,” Harry said, smiling. “You can wrap me around all your fingers.”


Ginny smirked at him. “You know, now that I have you, I won’t let you go.”


“Gosh, I’m stuck with you as my girlfriend,” Harry said, smiling. “There are worse fates, Gin. Not many mind…”


Ginny hit him. “Prat,” Ginny said



“Prat,” present Ginny muttered at the same time.


“Sorry?” present Harry tried.


“Yes,” Harry said. “But I’m your prat.” Ginny sighed and she leaned forward to give them their first proper kiss. Harry closed the gap, but yet again, as they were just about to kiss, they were interrupted.


“Hey! What’s going on here?” Fred’s voice asked.


Ginny pulled her wand out of her pocket and before Harry could stop her, she blasted a Bat-Bogey Hex at the boys’ staircase. Harry watched as it zoomed, not only to Fred, but also to George, Ron, Neville, Seamus, and Dean. All of them ducked as the curse slammed against the wall.


“I guess she’s in a bad mood,” George muttered.


“Really?” Harry asked, smirking. “What makes you think that?”


“So what’s going on down here?” Ron asked, eyeing the two of them.


“Nothing,” Ginny said, annoyed. “Thanks to you.”


“Right,” Ron said.


“We’d better get going, then,” Fred said.


“See you two love birds downstairs,” George added and the group of them walked out of the common room.


“You need to get going, Harry,” Ginny said to him, disappointed.


“In a minute,” Harry said gently to her as he started to lean forward to capture her lips once again. However, Ginny put her hands on Harry’s chest, stopping him.


“We don’t have time,” Ginny sighed. “We’ll talk after the game.”


“Talk?” Harry asked. “Do we really need to talk?”


“Fine,” Ginny said, giggling. “We’ll kiss after the game. Just think. I’ll get to be your trophy.”


“One I get to have and keep even if Gryffindor loses,” Harry said, smirking. “I like that.”


Ginny leaned forward and kissed Harry on the cheek. Harry turned to face her and leaned in once again.


“After the game, Harry!” Ginny laughed out, stopping him again. “Wood will kill me if I keep you any longer.”


“I don’t care,” Harry said. “You’re more important than Quidditch.”


“I can’t believe you said that!” present Ginny said, smiling at present Harry.


“Harry James Potter,” Ginny said, sighing and smiling lovingly up at him. “I love you.”


“I love you, too,” Harry said.



Harry put his arm underneath Ginny’s as they left Harry’s memory and returned to the Room of Requirement. Ginny stayed quiet as they landed outside the Pensieve. She walked over to the couch and sat down. Harry nervously joined her on the couch.


“Why have you waited until now?” Ginny asked quietly. “Why didn’t you tell me during the summer? Why didn’t you tell me when I asked you in the hospital wing?”


“I thought that Tom would have wiped that fact that you loved me from your memory as well as that morning.” Harry said quietly. “That’s why I didn’t tell you in the hospital wing. Mum managed to put me right though.”


“Mum?” Ginny asked. “Mum knows you love me?”


Harry put his hand on the back of his neck, trying to stop fidgeting with being so nervous. “Your whole family knows I love you. I told them just after you took your dreamless sleep potion in the hospital wing.”


“My whole family knows you love me?” Ginny asked. “Mum, Dad, Ron…”


“Yes,” Harry said nodding. “And Hermione and Neville.”


“So,” Ginny said shocked. “So, they’ve known since…


“Since the day you were taken down into the chamber,” Harry said.


“So they’ve known since then,” Ginny said shocked. “But no one thought it would be good to tell me!”


“They were waiting for me to!” Harry said quickly. “And I was going to, until I found out about your nightmares. Then I thought it would be better to try and get you over your nightmares first.”


“Don’t you think that knowing you loved me might have helped though?” Ginny asked. “Made me happy? Help me forget about my nightmares? Help me move on quicker?”


“I didn’t think about that,” Harry confessed.


“Clearly,” Ginny said. “So why not after my nightmares? Why not on my birthday?”


“I guess,” Harry said. “I guess I just never really got round to it.”


“Would you have gotten round to it if it weren’t for this truth potion?” Ginny asked. It was obvious that Ginny wasn’t pleased that Harry had kept this from her for so long.


“Yes!” Harry said quickly. “I was going to tell you. If I weren’t, I wouldn’t have told you now, would I? Ginny, I love you. I’m sorry, I’m sorry that it took something like this to tell you. Please, forgive me?”


Ginny eyed Harry for only a couple of seconds before sighing and leaning toward Harry to give him another kiss.


“Am I forgiven?” Harry asked, smiling as they broke apart.


“Yes,” Ginny sighed. “I know I should be mad at you for keeping it from me for so long. But I’m too happy with actually knowing that you love me and the fact that I can kiss you whenever I want.”


“I’m sorry,” Harry said.


“So you should be,” Ginny said.


“Let me make it up to you,” Harry said suddenly.


“Okay,” Ginny said in agreement. “You can make it up by kissing me whenever I want you to.”


“That’s how you want me to make it up to you?” Harry asked her, eyebrows raised.


“Yes,” Ginny said, smirking.


Laughing, Harry pulled her close. “I knew there was a reason why I loved you,” he whispered to her.


“So it’s not because I’m extremely beautiful and cute,” Ginny said, pouting.


“No,” Harry said. “They’re just an added bonus.” Smiling, they kissed one more time. “Come on, your brothers are probably worried sick.” Harry got up off the sofa and extended his hand to Ginny, which she gladly took.


“I’m sorry that you had to reveal that you can do wandless magic, Harry,” Ginny said.


“I don’t care,” Harry said as they headed out of the Room of Requirement and along the corridors, Harry helping her because of her twisted ankle. “All I cared about was you.”


“You’re sweet,” Ginny said gently.


“And you’re beautiful,” Harry said, returning the compliment.


“You really think so?” Ginny asked.


“No,” Harry said jokingly. “I just said it for the fun of it.”


“Prat,” Ginny muttered, shaking her head.


“Yeah,” Harry agreed. “But I’m your prat.”






When they arrived at the Fat Lady’s portrait, Ginny stopped, and Harry turned to look at her to see a slightly frightened expression on Ginny’s face. Harry rubbed her left arm lovingly as he smiled at her.


“Nothing’s going to happen,” Harry said. “I promise.”


“What if they all hate me now?” Ginny whispered.


“I won’t say that’s not a possibility,” Harry said gently. “But in my opinion that won’t happen. They would at least give you the opportunity to explain. And nothing would happen to you. Your brothers and I won’t let anything bad happen to you.”


“You’re not going to turn into one of these over protective boyfriends where I can’t do anything without your permission, are you?” Ginny asked, smirking.


“No way,” Harry said, laughing. “I just want to protect you. I hate it when I see you hurt.” Ginny kissed him in response.


“Alright,” Ginny said, now with a determined look on her face. “Let’s get this over with.”


Harry told the Fat Lady to open up and she swung open, revealing the portrait hole into the common room. Harry and Ginny then climbed through and into the muttering of the common room. However, as soon as Harry and Ginny were noticed, the talk died down. There was pushing and shoving as Harry saw Ron, Hermione, Neville, Fred, George, and Percy hurriedly make their way over.


“Harry! Ginny!” Hermione said once they had gotten to them.


“Hey Hermione,” Harry said.


“Where have you been?” Ron said.


“Yeah,” Fred said. “We’ve been everywhere.”


“We went to the hospital wing and you weren’t there,” George said.


“We went to McGonagall’s office and Dumbledore’s office too,” Fred said.


“We went somewhere private to talk,” Harry answered them.


“How the hell did you curse Malfoy?” Ron asked.


“Language, Ron,” Hermione said, but then she too asked the same question. “But how did you do that?”


“It doesn’t matter,” Percy said. “He shouldn’t have retaliated. He should have left it for the teachers.”


“The teachers were not there,” Harry hissed at Percy. “I wasn’t going to sit back and let Malfoy do that to Ginny. Force her to reveal more secrets.”


“But you did…” Neville said before looking around at the others. “You did wandless magic.”


“Yeah and…?” Harry said offhandedly causing everyone to gape at him. “Okay, so I’m actually good at magic. Big deal.”


“Big deal?” Hermione asked, shocked. “You did wandless magic! The only two people recorded to be able to do wandless magic in the past hundred years are Dumbledore and You-Know-Who!”


“Erm,” Harry said nervously. This was why he didn’t want people to find out.


“Who cares?” George said.


“All we care about is Ginny,” Fred said, looking at her.


“Are you alright?” George asked.


“I’m okay,” Ginny said, nodding.


“Don’t lie,” Fred said gently. “We’re your brothers. You can tell us the truth.


“Actually,” Harry said. “She isn’t lying. She can’t lie, not until eleven o’ clock tonight.” Harry looked around the room and noticed that everyone was still listening in on their conversation so he pulled Ginny and the others over to a corner of the room where no one else was. Percy left the common room to find McGonagall. Apparently, she had already been in the common room once before, searching for Harry. The common room, realising that Harry didn’t want anyone to listen, went back to talking amongst themselves.


“What do you mean she can’t lie?” Hermione asked when they were seated. Ginny took the seat next to Harry, took hold of his hand, and leaned against him. Harry looked around before waving his other hand around and casting a privacy charm around them. Sapphire suddenly showed up and sat on Ginny’s lap. Ginny stroked Sapphire as she listened to Harry.


“It’s a privacy charm,” Harry explained, as everyone apart from Ginny looked confused. “No one can hear what we are saying.”


“But you didn’t get your wand out,” Neville said.


“I don’t need to,” Harry explained. “I can do nonverbal and wandless magic.”


“We know that,” Fred said impatiently. “We want to know about Ginny.”


“I told you I was okay,” Ginny said.


“Okay!” George said. “After what just happened?”


“Does anyone hate me?” Ginny asked. “Anyone from Gryffindor?”


“I already told you that they won’t but if they did it wouldn’t matter,” Harry told her.


“I know,” Ginny said quietly. “I just don’t want people to hate me. I don’t want anything to change.”


“Nobody’s said anything,” Neville said. “They’re all shocked about you doing wandless magic,” he added to Harry.


“That’s good,” Harry said. “If they concentrate on that hopefully they’ll forget about what Ginny said.”


“Now tell us what happened,” George said. Harry gave a quick glance to Ginny who nodded and Harry told them about the truth sweet, and how Ginny has to tell the truth for twenty-four hours, and what happened with Malfoy and where they went afterwards.


“So that’s why you were speaking about the Chamber of Secrets,” Hermione said. “Why didn’t you tell us?”


“We didn’t want anyone to find out,” Ginny said. “The more people that know the more chance people would find out.”


“We wouldn’t have told,” Hermione said, hurt.


“Ginny was so scared of what she was going to say,” Harry said. “Still is,” he added as he looked at Ginny leaning against him. “It was for Ginny’s peace of mind, really.”


“That’s understandable I suppose,” Hermione said, nodding.


“So,” Fred said to Harry. “Ginny’s revealed that she loves you, have you err…”


“Told me he loves me,” Ginny said with a massive smile. “Yes, he has. We’ve kissed too.”


“Right, good,” George said. “No more information needed. You are, after all, our sister, and honorary brother. We just wanted to know if Harry told you.”


“Well, he did,” Ginny said. “He also revealed that you lot knew that he loved me. Why didn’t you tell me?” They all shifted uncomfortably in their seats.


“We were waiting for Harry to tell you,” Neville said quietly.


“Well if I’ve forgiven Harry I suppose I can forgive you lot,” Ginny said.


“You’re just happy that you finally got your claws into him,” Fred joked.


“Yup,” Ginny said, beaming. “I have him wrapped around my little finger.”


“You do not!” Harry retorted.


“I do too,” Ginny replied. “You just don’t know it yet.” Harry rolled his eyes.


“You love me, really,” Ginny said, leaning closer to him to kiss him.


“Not in front of us!” Ron said as Ginny’s lips touched Harry’s to give him a kiss.


“Ronald Weasley!” Ginny hissed at him after she pulled back from Harry. “For over two years I have waited to be able to kiss Harry. Now that I finally can, I will kiss him whenever I want.” Ron looked back at Ginny before looking away, defeated. “Now where was I?” Harry chuckled as once again Ginny leaned in to kiss him.


“I think we’ll leave you two love birds alone,” Fred said and the rest of them left Harry and Ginny alone.





“So,” Harry said as he and Ginny sat together in each other’s arms, alone, an hour later. “Is this just as you imagined it?”


“What is?” Ginny asked looking up at him.


“Dating me,” Harry said.


“No,” Ginny said, shaking her head, causing Harry to look shocked. “It’s so much better.”


“Glad to hear it,” Harry said, chuckling. Sapphire sat on the chair next to them. Sapphire had not left Ginny’s side since she had entered the common room.


“What’s going to happen now?” Ginny asked.


“Well,” Harry said, thinking. “We hang out like this, kiss whenever we want. Hold hands in the corridors if you wish…”


“I meant about everyone knowing you can do wandless magic,” Ginny said.


“Oh,” Harry replied. “I guess I’ll just have to be good in class. Hermione won’t be pleased.”


“Why not?” Ginny asked.


“She always liked being top of the class,” Harry said. “Now I’ll actually have to do my best…”


“She’ll be happy for you though, right?” Ginny said, shifting and snuggling closer to Harry to get more comfortable.


“Not sure,” Harry said. “Hopefully, but she’s been top of the class for the past two years. I’m not sure how she’ll react to suddenly not being so. I would just be lazy and not try so hard but now everyone knows how good I am, they’ll expect me to get that high standard all the time.”


“Can you?” Ginny asked. “Can you work at that high standard?”


“Probably,” Harry said. “But I don’t want added attention. I get that enough being the Boy-Who-Lived.”


“I know,” Ginny said. “If it’s any comfort you’ll never be the Boy-Who-Lived to me. You will always just be plain Harry Potter. The boy I love.”


“And that’s why I’m glad it’s you who I’ve fallen in love with,” Harry said as he moved his face closer to Ginny to kiss her.


“And I’m glad you’ve fallen in love with me too,” Ginny said, smirking just before their lips met.


When they pulled apart, the portrait hole opened and in walked Professor McGonagall. The room went quiet as McGonagall spotted Harry and Ginny in the corner and headed over to them.


“Mr. Potter, Miss Weasley,” McGonagall said. “If you would follow me please?”


Harry and Ginny looked at one another before Ginny reluctantly stood up and helped Harry up too. McGonagall didn’t say a word to them but just turned out of the common room and Harry and Ginny followed along in her wake. Hermione and the others shot them a glance but Harry and Ginny didn’t say anything.


McGonagall led them along five corridors until they reached a corridor with a stone gargoyle at the end. She was leading them to the headmaster’s office. When they reached the gargoyle, McGonagall said, “Ice Pops.”


The gargoyle sprang to life and leapt aside, revealing the stairway up to Dumbledore’s office. She indicated to Harry and Ginny to step on the stairs and the pair of them, with McGonagall behind them, stepped on and let it lead them up to the oak door of Dumbledore’s office. McGonagall rapped her knuckles on the door sharply and Dumbledore’s voice answered, inviting them in. McGonagall pushed the door open and Harry and Ginny walked hand in hand inside the office.


“Ah, Mr. Potter, Miss Weasley,” Dumbledore said. “Please, sit down,” he added, indicating two empty chairs in front of his desk. Harry noticed Snape standing off to one side near the window. “I told Professor McGonagall to come fetch you because we need to have a little chat about what happened today. Before we start, would either of you like a lemon drop?” Harry and Ginny accepted the headmaster’s offer and took one each and popped them into their mouths.


“We have heard many stories about what happened today,” Dumbledore started. “We have also spoken with Mr. Malfoy. I think it is time to hear your side of the story.”


“Their side?” Snape said. “You already know what happened. Expel them already.” On the word of expulsion, Ginny had grabbed Harry’s hand tightly.


“Severus,” Dumbledore said shortly. “Please do not interrupt. Now, if you will,” he added to Harry.


Harry then found himself, for the second time that day, explaining the full story of what transpired. The truth sweet, trying to hide it from the others, and what had happened when he arrived down by the lake.


“Are you seriously trying to tell us you can actually do wandless magic?” McGonagall asked.


“Yes, Professor,” Harry said, nodding. And in order to prove it, he waved his right hand, his left was still holding Ginny’s, toward Dumbledore’s desk and levitated the bowl of lemon drops. All three professors stared at the bowl, transfixed.


“That, my boy,” Dumbledore said once Harry had lowered the bowl back down to the table, “is remarkable. What other spells can you do wandlessly?”


“All of them, apart from the Unforgivables and the Patronus Charm,” Harry answered. “All the spells, however, are always stronger if I cast them with a wand.”


“Really?” Dumbledore said. “That surely is remarkable. You are one powerful wizard, Harry. Now Ginny, do you agree with everything that Harry said happened?”


“Yes,” Ginny mumbled. Obviously, Snape’s threat of expulsion still scared her. “Everything happened just like Harry said.”


“You are under the effects of a truth potion?” Dumbledore asked.


“Yes, sir,” Ginny mumbled again.


“You believe them, Dumbledore!” Snape raged. “Do thirty eye witness accounts count for nothing? Thirty students who will quite easily tell you that Potter and Weasley are lying!”


“I can’t lie!” Ginny said.


“So you say,” Snape sneered. “I have talked to witnesses who clearly said that Miss Weasley was walking down near the lake when she spotted Malfoy and started to head over to him. She then started threatening him that if he didn’t leave her alone she would set the basilisk on him and Petrify him. That’s thirty people with the same story and you are going to believe those two!”


“Severus,” Dumbledore said and the softness had gone from his voice. “If it was the other way around and it were thirty Gryffindor eye witnesses, and two Slytherins were sitting here because of what happened, whom would you side with? If Harry and Ginny are telling the truth about the truth sweet, which I actually believe they are because I very much doubt that Ginny would talk that way about a near death experience, then I have to believe what they say about the Slytherins and Mr. Malfoy.” Snape stayed quiet.


“Now,” Dumbledore said. “Unfortunately, even though I do believe what you are telling me, Harry is going to have to serve detention. And sadly, twenty points from Gryffindor.”


“What!” Ginny said. “He did nothing wrong…”


“He attacked a student,” Dumbledore said.


“Only after Malfoy fired Stinging Hexes at me when I was unarmed,” Harry said, angry.


“I understand that, Harry,” Dumbledore said. “But duelling is against the school rules. If I were to punish Malfoy and not you, it would seem to others that I am favouring you. Now, I understand what you did was to protect Ginny here, so your punishment won’t be as severe as Malfoy’s, but a punishment is needed nonetheless. Minerva, if you would like to decide on Harry’s detention.”


“Come to my office this evening at eight promptly,” McGonagall said, and Harry nodded.


“Now,” Dumbledore said. “I suggest you two go back to your dormitory and relax a bit. Oh, and congratulations too, young love is magic at its purest.” Ginny blushed slightly at that comment before looking up at Harry.


“Yeah, it is.” Harry said, agreeing.





As they walked along the corridors, back toward the common room, Harry and Ginny held hands, glancing at each other every now and then and laughing when they caught each other doing so. Harry couldn’t believe how happy he felt. Finally, Ginny knew he loved her. Finally, Harry would be able to hold her and kiss her, shower her with the love he had for her, which he had desperately wanted to do for so long now. They turned down a corridor and Ginny glanced around confused for a moment before speaking.


“This isn’t the way back to the common room,” Ginny said.


“No,” Harry agreed. “It’s not. I thought that you might want a break from the people staring at you. I know I want a break from the people staring at me.”


“So where are we…?” Ginny started but stopped when she recognised the hallway. “Back to the Room of Requirement?”


“Yes,” Harry said as they turned a corner and arrived at the corridor where the entrance was. “I thought we could hang out before I have to go to detention.”


“What about dinner?” Ginny asked as they arrived at the tapestry of Barnabas the Barmy.


“We’ll get Dobby to bring some up,” Harry said as he walked back and forth before a door appeared in the wall. They walked in and to Ginny’s confusion, rather than their normal room, it was a gleaming green cliff top with the sun glistening down on them. Harry held out his hand and wandlessly conjured two feather-light potions. Ginny beamed as she saw them.


“Gimme!” Ginny demanded, holding out her hand.


“Who thinks one of these is for you?” Harry said airily as he uncorked a bottle and tipped the contents into his mouth. Ginny smirked and then slowly walked up to Harry, swaying her hips, draped her arms around Harry’s neck and leaned in closely.


“If you’re a good ickle boyfriend and give me the potion… well… I’ll let your imagination fill in the blank bit,” Ginny said, smirking.


“Anything I want?” Harry whispered.


“Within reason,” Ginny replied just before she kissed him. Just as Ginny started to pull back, Harry became light-headed and he knew the potion was working. He wasn’t really going to keep the potion from Ginny so he held out his hand to give it to her when he suddenly realised it wasn’t in his hand any more. It was in Ginny’s. She smirked just before she downed the potion.


“You little minx,” Harry said.


“Your little minx,” Ginny corrected him as Harry became bloated. He rubbed his stomach and not a minute later, he started to float in the air. Ginny joined him thirty seconds later. Ginny flew over him before giving him a quick kiss and flying off. Harry had to say, two hours later, that that was the best game of kiss chase he had ever played.





When Harry and Ginny arrived back in the common room after dinner, they headed over to Hermione, Neville, and Ron, who sat at their usual table by the fire, homework spread about them. Harry and Ginny joined them whilst getting out their own homework. Harry had an essay for Ancient Runes and Defence to do whilst Ginny had Transfiguration and Charms.


“What did McGonagall want?” Hermione asked whilst she wrote a line on her Ancient Runes essay.


“She wanted to know what happened,” Harry said. “We told them and I got a detention at eight.”


“Why do you have detention?” Ron said. “What happened was Malfoy’s fault. They’re not blaming you because it was your sweet, are they?”


“No,” Harry said. “Apparently what I did to Malfoy was over the top and I have to see McGonagall this evening.”


“What did they expect you to do?” Ron said. “Sit back and let Malfoy do that to Ginny?”


“No,” Hermione said. “But I doubt they expected Harry to curse Malfoy without a wand. Where did you learn wandless magic Harry?”


“Erm,” Harry said nervously.


“Yeah,” Ginny said. “You never actually told me where you learned it. I just knew that you could do it.”


“I learned it when I was younger,” Harry said.


“So not over the holidays?” Hermione asked.


“No,” Harry said, knowing full well, where this was going.


“So you’ve been pretending to be rubbish at magic for the fun of it?” Hermione said and Harry winced slightly.


“Not really,” Harry said. “I just didn’t want the added attention.”


“And the Boy-Who-Lived being nearly a Squib isn’t added attention?” Ginny asked from beside him.


Harry opened his mouth but then stopped as he turned to look at her. How could he have been so stupid! Of course it would have been added attention, the boy who defeated the Dark Lord so many years ago, being an actual Squib. Why hadn’t he seen it that way?


“I never thought of it that way,” Harry said.


“It doesn’t matter now,” Ginny said. “Truthfully it doesn’t matter at all. I would still love you if you were the worst Squib in the world.”


“And I’m grateful for that,” Harry said leaning forward and giving her a kiss.


“What did I say about doing that in front of me?” Ron said.


Ginny just rolled her eyes as Hermione turned to Ron. “Ronald! Leave your sister alone,” she said, berating him.


When Harry turned back to do some more of his essay before his detention, Ginny froze next to him, and Harry turned quickly to see what the matter was. Walking over to them was Colin Creevy. Ginny watched as Colin came over to their table. She relaxed a little as he smiled.


“Hey guys,” Colin said. “Hey Ginny.”


“Erm, hey,” Ginny said nervously.


“I won’t be long,” Colin said. “I just came over to say that I don’t blame you, not in the slightest. I would have told you earlier but I’ve been bogged down with homework. If anyone gives you trouble, I’ll back you. Dumbledore and Harry explained what happened and I know it wasn’t your fault.”


“You don’t blame me?” Ginny said, shocked.


“No,” Colin said. “It wasn’t your fault, and if anyone tells you otherwise, tell me and I’ll set them straight. That is, of course, if Harry doesn’t get there first,” he added with a smile.


“Thank you,” Ginny said and Colin walked off back to his friends. Ginny looked up at Harry before smiling and snuggling closer to him. “Have I ever told you how much I love you, Harry?”


“You’ve told me that you love me. But not how much,” Harry said, smiling.


“Well,” Ginny said as she leaned closer to Harry and held his robes with her hands. “I think you should know.” Then, disregarding Ron’s protests, she pulled Harry down to meet her lips and kissed him soundly in front of everyone in the common room. When she pulled back, she ignored everyone staring at the two of them and went back to her homework. Harry had smirked as he pulled Ginny closer to him and draped his arm over her shoulder. He had missed this. He had missed this so much. Dragging some parchment over, Harry started to write his essay for Ancient Runes.





Come quarter to eight, Harry, against his own wishes, had to pull away from Ginny and pack up in order to get to detention on time.


“I still don’t see why you have to have detention,” Ron said.


“Harry broke the school rules,” Hermione told him.


“Protecting me though,” Ginny said.


“It doesn’t matter,” Harry said as he threw his last book into his bag. “I did overreact a bit. But that doesn’t mean I won’t do it again if I needed to.”


“And that’s why I love you,” Ginny said, smirking.


“No, you love me because I’m handsome and smart,” Harry said jokingly.


“Keep thinking that,” Ginny said, sticking her tongue out.


Harry chuckled, kissed Ginny goodbye before leaving the common room, and headed off toward McGonagall’s office. He really hoped that this detention wasn’t going to be too bad. By the time he walked down the flight of steps and got onto the second floor, he only had a minute left and Harry ran as quickly as possible along the corridors until he reached McGonagall’s office. Harry waited for couple of seconds to catch his breath before knocking on the door.


“Come in,” Harry heard McGonagall say and opened the door to see her sitting behind her desk. “Ah, Harry, come sit down. I want to have a chat.” Guessing what this chat was going to be about, Harry placed his bag next to the seat, and sat down, waiting for McGonagall to speak.


“First of all,” McGonagall started. “I want to make it clear that I don’t condone any violence or duelling between students of this school. Be that as it may, I am proud that you rushed to the aid of Miss Weasley, even if your methods were slightly over the top.” Harry nodded but let his head of house continue.


“When I first heard Mr. Malfoy’s story, the first thing that made me suspect that his story wasn’t entirely the truth was the fact that he said you cursed him without a wand.” McGonagall said. “To be able to cast spells without a wand is a very difficult and sometimes impossible task. I’m sure you’re aware, and even if you didn’t know before, I’m sure Miss Granger told you, that the only two people in the past one hundred years to have been recorded to do wandless magic are the headmaster and You-Know-Who. So I think you would understand my shock when you wandlessly levitated the headmaster’s sweet bowl with just a wave of your wrist. Not only that, but you did it without an incantation, a truly remarkable feat for a wizard, unheard of by a thirteen-year-old.


“You also have to take into account that the same thirteen-year-old has been bottom of the class for the past two years, showing only little improvement, just enough for him to be able to stay in the year and not fail his classes,” McGonagall said. “There are many explanations for this. One, either you’re not Harry Potter, which I am sure that you are. Or two, which probably is the most likely, that you have been holding back, a lot.”


Harry hung his head. “May I ask why you decided to hide the fact that you are a powerful wizard, Harry?” McGonagall asked.


Harry paused, before saying, “I just didn’t want the added attention, Professor.”


“Which explains why you did not show off your wandless abilities when you first came here,” McGonagall said. “I assume that you could do wandless magic when you first arrived at Hogwarts.”


“Yes, Professor,” Harry muttered.


“Be that as it may,” McGonagall said. “That doesn’t explain why you pretended to be almost a Squib. May I ask why you decided to take the act that far?”


“If people thought I was rubbish at magic, they would underestimate me,” Harry said. “If anyone decided to attack me, I would have an advantage.”


McGonagall eyed Harry a moment before speaking. “May I ask what makes you think you are going to be attacked?”


Harry shrugged. “Voldemort trying to steal the Philosopher’s Stone rings a bell. Ginny being taking down into the Chamber of Secrets by Voldemort to lure me down there will probably help my argument too. Not to mention that Peter Pettigrew has escaped Azkaban to kill me.”


“They are, of course, worthy examples,” McGonagall said. “But you did not know about them before those events occurred. Why did you initially think you were going to be attacked before you joined Hogwarts?”


“I didn’t,” Harry responded. “Initially, I just didn’t want the added attention of being good at magic on top of being the Boy-Who-Lived. I just didn’t want to attract people. I just wanted to be a normal boy.” And in a soft whisper, Harry added quietly, “It’s all I’ve ever wanted.”


“I understand,” McGonagall said. “But you did take it a little bit too far.”


“I suppose I did a little,” Harry said, agreeing. “But it had its advantages. No one knew how good I was at magic. So when, say, I faced Voldemort, like at the end of last year, he didn’t know how good I was at magic. He wasn’t prepared for me, which helped me a lot in rescuing Ginny. I don’t know how I would have reacted if I’d lost her.”


“You really love her, don’t you,” McGonagall said. It wasn’t a question, it was a statement.


“Yes,” Harry answered. “I do.”


“She’s a lucky girl,” McGonagall said. “I wish the both of you the best of luck.”


“Thanks,” Harry said.


“Now, back to your magic,” McGonagall said. “I’m quite curious to know what you can exactly do. You said in the headmaster’s office that you can cast all spells apart from the Unforgivables and the Patronus Charm.”


“I did,” Harry said, nodding. “Although that wasn’t entirely true. The amount of magic it takes to cast those four spells, if I wandlessly tried to cast any of them, I quite believe would knock me out for a couple of days. Also, even though I can do wandless magic and cast most spells without a wand, they would always be weaker than if I cast them with a wand.”


“Interesting,” McGonagall said. “If I were to ask you what level magic you are at, in your opinion, what would you say?”


“I can cast all spells taught in school, including NEWT level magic,” Harry said.


“Fascinating,” McGonagall said, leaning forward. “Would you be…”


“No,” Harry cut her off.


“No?” McGonagall asked. “You don’t even know what I was going to say.”


“You were going to ask if I would be interested in skipping a few years,” Harry said.


McGonagall looked shocked for a moment before frowning. “You know, Dumbledore does that often.”


“Dumbledore is a master in Legilimency,” Harry said. “I knew what you were going to suggest because, in all honesty, why wouldn’t you?”


“Yet you say no?” McGonagall asked.


“I would prefer to stay with my friends, Professor,” Harry said.


“That is, of course understandable,” McGonagall said. “But just think about this. If we advance you to say, fifth year, you can do your OWLs and see how advanced you really are. Then, you can start on your NEWTs if you pass. Or, if you fail, you can come back down a year.”


“Professor,” Harry said. “I understand why you’re offering me this, and in all honesty, I do think I would manage to handle it, but I just don’t want to move up a year. I want to stay in this year with my friends. Now, I’m more than willing to do extra advanced stuff in class if you feel that that would help me, but I really don’t want to move forward a year or two.”


“Very well,” McGonagall said, nodding. “If you feel that strongly about it, I will, of course, not force you. I will tell your teachers that you’re willing to do extra work to earn extra credit. I suspect to hear that you are trying your hardest in all your lessons now, Harry. Now, we’ve been here for half an hour. I think letting you go this early is just a tad too early, so for the next half an hour, I would like to run through some transfiguration exercises with you, just so I know in my head exactly where you are with your magic.”


“Sure, Professor,” Harry said.


“Good,” McGonagall said. “Let’s get started.”


A/N: LONG! Chapter. I’ve been wanting to write this chapter for so long now. THEY’RE FINALLY TOGETHER! Lol, so, some of Harry’s secrets have been revealed. Some people will react differently towards him. Some people, like Hermione, Ron, and Neville will act exactly the same. Well, Hermione will after a bit. You’ll understand what I mean with that next chapter. Harry will also have to try in his lessons now and you people will slowly get the picture of what Harry can do. There is some more of Peter next chapter too. Which incidentally is called ‘A Near Miss.’ I did at first, intend for the chapter to stop at the end of the scene in the headmasters office. However I wanted Colin telling Ginny he didn’t blame her and the discussion with McGonagall in the story and it just didn’t fit anywhere else apart from at the end here. The kiss chase, which I like to call it, was just purely me allowing Harry and Ginny to relax after a rather emotional day. The boggart I’m sure isn’t a surprised to you. And if it is, then you understand now how Harry fells about Ginny exactly about not wanting to lose her. I think I’ve rambled on long enough now. If you want to chat about my latest chapter some more, join my yahoo group. The link is in my profile.
Reviews 545
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear