Search:

SIYE Time:15:20 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Erasing The Future
By Moxterminator

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe, Post-HBP
Characters:All, Harry/Ginny
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Fluff, General, Humor, Romance, Tragedy
Warnings: Extreme Language, Mild Sexual Situations, Violence
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 545
Summary: Harry goes back in time to redo his Hogwarts years after losing the war, his family, and his wife, Ginny Potter, to Voldemort. Changes need to be made, but can all changes be good? Years 1-4
Hitcount: Story Total: 397023; Chapter Total: 4333
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
AN: Hiya, So finally the next chapter has been posted. Many a things contributed to the length of time you guys had to wait. I’ve always been writing but I guess things just got busy and even though I was writing in the times when I wasn’t busy time obviously moved quicker then I realized. Also things got busy with my editor so it took her a month and a half to edit this. Not her fault or blaming her, she’s great, just explaining why. The next three chapters are written and a fourth chapter is almost finished. So you guys will just have to sit patiently and wait for Kim to do the editing whilst I continue to write. But trust me it’s worth the wait, because it’s the one where Ginny finds certain things out.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


It was a feeling of apprehension as the school body returned to classes after the Easter holidays. The last two weeks, essays not included, were relaxing and care free for most of Harry and his friends. However the week after came crashing down on them as not only were the teachers piling work on them to get them out of the holiday slump, but Oliver Wood was treating the Gryffindor Quidditch team to aching Quidditch practises that lasted hours. Harry and Ginny hardly had time to relax together, for any free time they had in the common room, Wood mostly interrupted by going through distraction plans for Harry with interfering with Hufflepuff’s Chasers, or with Ginny on new attacking plays that she would need to learn.

Hermione, now that she didn’t have the stress of living extra-long days, was spending much of her free time reading up on house-elves. She had come to Harry a few days after term had started asking if he could help her with some flyers for the common room. She also wanted if possible, to speak to Dobby about why he wanted to be free and what it was like now. Harry told her that he would set up the meeting with Dobby when she felt she was ready.

“I don’t understand what you are doing with those books, Hermione,” Ron said one evening as they sat in their usual seats by the fire. Luna was sitting with them, and it was the first time she was in the Gryffindor common room. The other Gryffindors had eyed her warily but no one had the courage to tell Harry that one of his friends had to leave. Harry didn’t feel right knowing the reason some people were staying away was out of fear, but deep down he knew that there was nothing wrong with Luna being with her friends, so he decided to put those thoughts from his mind.

“Have you seen the conditions the house-elves work in?” Hermione said indignantly. “It’s slavery! The rags those poor elves are forced to wear! It’s despicable.”

“They like doing what they are doing, Hermione!” Ron argued. “You should leave them alone.”

“I know they like working,” Hermione argued. “That’s what makes what the magical community are doing to them even more appalling. They are being taken advantage of! It’s like say, if the Chudley Cannons came to you and asked for you to play for them but you would need to do it for free, and not only that but help clean all the uniforms and everything.”

“What’s wrong with that? I would totally do that for a chance to play for them, help them win,” Ron exclaimed, causing Hermione to sigh in defeat.

“Nothing can help the Canons win,” Ginny muttered as she turned a page in her book.

“Shut up, traitor,” Ron said to Ginny.

“There is nothing wrong with supporting an all-girls Quidditch team,” Ginny huffed in annoyance, putting her book down. “It’s better than supporting a team that is always bottom of the league. Isn’t it, Harry?”

“What?” Harry said looking at Ginny in shock.

“Don’t be stupid,” Ron said “He supports Chudley Cannons! He isn’t a traitor!”

“Hang on a second…” Harry said to Ron.

“Yeah go on, Harry, you tell him,” Ginny said. “Tell him how you support the Holyhead Harpies.”

“Why would he support an all-girls Quidditch team?” Ron asked.

“Because we’re best friends and he loves me,” Ginny replied. “Why would he support a team that never wins?”

“Go on, Harry, tell her she’s wrong. You support the Canons, don’t you?” Ron said smugly and Ginny turned to look at Harry.

“Put him out of his misery, Harry,” Ginny said sweetly.

“How did we get from house-elves to Quidditch?” Hermione asked.

“It’s the Weasleys, they’re Quidditch mad!” Harry told her.

“Don’t avoid the situation, Harry,” Ron said. “What team do you support?”

“Montrose Magpies,” Harry said quickly, “Now, Hermione, you were saying about the house-elves?”

“The Magpies!” Ginny exclaimed.

“How could you support them?” Ron asked him, offended.

“Because they play the best Quidditch,” Harry said. “You know there’s a rumour that they will try and sign Victor Krum after the World Cup this summer?”

“What, really?” Ron asked “He’s the best Seeker in the world!”

“But…” Ginny said aghast. “You can’t!”

“Ginny,” Harry said turning to her. “You know I love you, but you couldn’t possible think I would support an all-girls Quidditch team!”

“I mean…” Ginny said slowly. “But you never said anything!”

“Of course not,” Harry said. “Do you think I wanted to be on your bad side?”

“I feel betrayed,” Ron said.

“God, it’s only Quidditch!” Hermione said.

“Only Quidditch” Ron exclaimed.

“Yes Ron, only Quidditch!” Hermione told him fiercely. “Compared to the appalling work conditions of house-elves, Quidditch means absolutely nothing.”

Harry, Ginny and Ron gaped at Hermione in silence. How could she say that Quidditch meant nothing?

“Finally you managed to get them to shut up,” Neville muttered.

“I think it was the Wrackspurts, Neville,” Luna said turning a page in the current month’s edition of The Quibbler.

“Can we please get back to the house-elves,” Hermione said forcefully. “Now, I was wondering if you could help me spread the word around the school, about what we are up to, and I also need ideas for flyers, does anyone have anything?”

“Hermione,” Ron sighed. “You’d be better to leave them alone!”

“Well, if you are happy with slaves washing your clothes and cooking your food then fine by me,” Hermione said disgusted. “I just never expected such behaviour from you.”

“If you get a name for your organization, I’m sure Daddy will be happy to put an advert in next month’s Quibbler,” Luna said smiling.

“Hmm, oh, thank you, Luna,” Hermione said slowly. “I’m not sure we’re ready for that just yet, but I’ll keep it in mind.” Harry knew just as much as Hermione did, that if they advertised in the Quibbler then no one would take them seriously.

“What are you calling it?” Ginny asked.

“S.P.E.W.” Hermione said proudly.

“Spew?” Ron asked trying to hold back a laugh.

“Not spew,” Hermione said rounding on him, “S.P.E.W! Society for the Promotion of Elfish Welfare.”

“Yeah, Hermione,” Harry said slowly. “You know that I back you in everything you are doing for the house-elves, but no one will take you seriously with that name.”

“Well, I did want to name it ‘Stop the Outrageous Abuse of Our Fellow Magical Creatures and Campaign for a Change in Their Legal Status’ but it wouldn’t fit on the badge and the flyers would need to be very big!” Hermione responded.

“Yeah okay compared to that it’s not so bad…” Neville said slowly.

“How about C.A.R.E?” Harry suggested. “The Care and Respect of Elves?”

“Short, to the point, I like it,” Ginny said smiling.

“Definitely better than Spew…” Ron said thoughtfully.

“S.P.E.W., Ron!” Hermione told him.

“Hermione, Ron is making the excellent point that even if it is S.P.E.W, people will still call it spew, and with that no one will take you seriously,” Neville pointed out.

“We might actually sign up to help out if its CARE rather than SPEW,” Luna said turning a page in her Quibbler.

“Fine then!” Hermione sighed. “C.A.R.E it is. So Harry, it’s rather obvious that you’re the treasurer, I got a tin for you upstairs…”

“A tin?” Harry asked. “What for?”

“For collecting donations!” Hermione explained to him.

“But I’m fully backing you financially,” Harry said frowning confused. “CARE already has the money, why do we need to collect more?”

“Well, you make a good point,” Hermione said. “But you never know, other people might want to donate to help out.”

“Then just tell them to come to me,” Harry said sighing.

“Fine,” Hermione said. “Ron, you’re the secretary so you might want to start writing down the minutes of the first meeting,”

“Secretary is boring, give that job to Ginny or Luna,” Ron said which caused outrage from Ginny.

“Of all the sexist things…” Ginny raged.

“I didn’t mean it like that!” Ron said hurriedly. “I swear!”

“What did you mean it like then?” Ginny asked him icily.

“It’s just, writing down notes, remembering what happened, sound a lot like classes and the lectures we get from the professors. Sounded more like school work which I don’t want to do,” Ron explained

“So why didn’t you say Harry or Neville?” Ginny asked him.

“Harry is already treasurer,” Ron explained. “And I didn’t think Neville would want to do it either.”

“Well next time say what you mean before someone hexes you into the hospital wing,” Ginny replied before turning back to her book.

“I don’t mind being secretary,” Luna said dreamily. “I do it all the time during the holidays for Daddy and The Quibbler.”

“There you go,” Ron said happily.

“So Harry’s treasurer and Luna is the secretary, Luna, as this is the first meeting maybe you should start taking down minutes.” Hermione said.

“Okay,” Luna said before reaching out to grab a new piece of parchment.

“Ginny, would you like to be in charge of public relations?” Hermione asked, smiling. Ginny looked back up from her book frowning.

“What exactly would I have to do?” Ginny asked slowly.

“Well, you would be in charge of advertising, getting the name out there, making sure people are aware we exist.” Hermione explained.

“We could pull a prank announcing the group,” Ginny said thoughtfully.

“Ginny!” Hermione exclaimed. “You’re not taking this seriously.”

“No, no, I am,” Ginny said hurriedly to explain her idea. “We could prank people and put them in situations that the house-elves find themselves in so they can see what it’s like and how hard the house-elves actually have to work. Make people aware of the situation.”

“You know,” Hermione said slowly, “That’s not a bad idea. I’ll leave that with you. Ron, why don’t you help Ginny with that, advertising and creating leaflets and pamphlets would take time.”

“Sure,” Ron said, shrugging.

“Neville, you can be the house-elf liaison,” Hermione said. “You would be the communications between us and the house-elves, make sure what we are doing is what the house-elfs would like.”

“What would you be doing?” Ron asked.

“Research,” Hermione explained. “Unless you want to spend hours in the library looking up old laws about house-elves and figuring out how to move forward with giving them the rights they deserve?”

“No, I’m good,” Ron said hastily.

“Thought so,” Hermione replied. “Now that’s all sorted, Ron, why don’t speak with Ginny and get started on the leaflets soon, Ginny knows to speak to Harry if you guys need anything specific to do that. Luna, you can write up the notes and make sure that everything is ready to go for next week’s meeting.”

“We’re having weekly meetings?” Ron asked. “You don’t expect us to do all of this in a week do you? We have homework, and Buckbeak’s case, Harry and Ginny have Quidditch practise! We have the final coming up!”

“This is just as important, Ron,” Hermione explained, “Even more so if you think about all the elves in slavery.”

“Now, now, Hermione,” came Oliver Wood’s voice from across the common room and Harry looked up to see his Quidditch Captain walking over to the group. “We have the Quidditch cup final this weekend. I can’t have you distracting Harry and Ginny during this important time.”

“The welfare of the house-elves is not a distraction!” Hermione said heatedly.

“I’m sorry, but I want Harry and Ginny completely focused on the game instead of the stupid stuff that you are uptight about this week,” Wood responded.

“I think you’ll find, Captain,” Harry said slowly, “That Ginny and I agree whole-heartedly with Hermione when it comes to the house-elves’ enslavement. Now, you might be okay with slavery but I am not.”

“Harry,” Wood said with a forceful cheer. “I just want to make sure that you guys are fully focused for the game, it’s my last year and I want that cup back. Remember, catch the Snitch first time you see it, we’ve won every game so far. We only need to win this one and we’ve won the cup, if we lose we need to score at least two hundred and eighty.”

“Relax Wood, it’s against Hufflepuff,” Harry said sighing. “We flattened them and got a shut out last time we played them.”

“Harry!” Wood said exasperated. “Cedric Diggory is Captain now. He’s put a very good team together. They beat Ravenclaw and chased Slytherin right to the end. Malfoy had to catch the Snitch to make sure they won. We can’t let this slip. I want to go out champions. Ginny, you remember what I said yesterday about the play with Angelina and swooping behind her after she fakes…”

“It’s impossible to forget” Ginny sighed, “I close my eyes and all I see are parchments of Quidditch play’s blurring together.”

“Come on Ginny, concentrate,” Wood said in an irritating tone. “This is for the Quidditch Cup! There is nothing more important!”

“I beg to differ,” Hermione responded.

“Wood, we’ve been trying really hard in the practises, the whole team has,” Harry stated. “We are doing the best preparations we can.”

“I just want to make sure I end my days as a captain of champions,” Wood explained.

“And you will,” Harry replied. “The only time we have ever lost was when we had a rogue Bludger sent after to me. Now I assure you that Dobby has promised no more rogue Bludgers. We will be fine. We just need to play like we always have done.”

“We’d better,” Wood mumbled before walking away.

-oOoOoOo-

The morning of the game Harry woke extremely early. Harry lay in his four poster bed for half an hour before getting restless so he decided to get dressed and head down to the common room. There, he found the rest of the team and Alicia, minus Wood, sitting around quietly. They all looked up when Harry reached the bottom of the stairs and then looked back at the fire as Harry settled down next to Ginny.

“Wood not awake yet?” Harry asked.

“No,” Fred said shaking his head.

“But that’s not right, it’s normally Wood that’s waking all of us up!” Harry said frowning. “Maybe we should go wake him this time, to get back at all the years he did it to us.”

“Don’t tempt me,” Alicia said muttered.

Harry gazed at his follow Quidditch players. Soon they would be out on the Quidditch pitch, the last game of the season, trying their hardest to get back what they knew was deservedly theirs. It wasn’t their fault they couldn’t play their last match last year. But they missed their last match because of the Voldemort taking Ginny down to the chamber, and they didn’t have time in the remaining term to play the last match. Unfortunately Snape pointed out that they couldn’t just write off a whole Quidditch season because one match couldn’t be played so Slytherin was crowned champions.

Suddenly the portrait of the fat lady swung open revealing Wood, purposely striding into the common room, although he stopped short when he saw the team sitting around the fire.

“Ah good, you’re all up,” Wood said enthusiastically. “Good, good. We can get an early breakfast in and then down to the changing rooms to prepare.”

“Where have you been?” Alicia asked frowning.

“The pitch,” Wood said. “The sun is rising, seems like it’s going to be a warm April weekend, perfect weather for Quidditch. There’s a little mist but I expect the sun to burn that off as it rises so when the match begins it should be excellent vision. There is a little bit of dew on the pitch though so kick off might be a bit soft, so watch out for that.”

“Aye, aye, Captain,” Fred said saluting.

“Take this seriously,” Wood said. “We want to get the Quidditch Cup back. It’s my last year, we need to win.”

“We are taking things seriously, Wood.” George said.

“Seriously,” Fred added.

The walk down to the Great Hall was done in silence, as Wood led them quietly through the corridors down to breakfast. Fellow students who had gotten up in anticipation of the final Quidditch game were already down at breakfast, eagerly awaiting the two teams. When Harry and his fellow teammates walked into the hall, the whole of Gryffindor table started to clap. Wood led them along the house table until they were in the middle and sat them down.

“Look,” Wood said as he put a slice of toast on his plate and looked around at the team. “I know it’s difficult to eat with these nerves, but we have to. We need the energy. Diggory’s put together a very good team this year. Whilst they don’t have the skill of us, they make that up in team work and possession. They might not score as many goals as the rest of us they by God they have let in less too. They have the best defence out of the four school houses this year which is why they have a chance of winning the cup. They have the longest matches this season because they draw out the game and make the other team tired. Haven’t any of you noticed that they score most of their goals in the second half of the game? It’s because the other team gets tired. So eat and make sure you have the energy.”

Slowly the team started to eat. As they ate the rest of the hall started to fill up with the school body. Students from each house took turns at looking carefully over to the Gryffindor team and most eagerly to Harry’s and Ginny’s Firebolts. Harry was looking forward to this because it was the first time he would get to fly his Firebolt in a Quidditch game. Fifteen minutes later Wood stood up and wordlessly motioned to the team to follow him.

Harry and the others, including Alicia, followed him out of the Great Hall, to thunderous applause from the Gryffindor table, through the entrance hall and out onto the grounds. There, they made their way down to the Quidditch pitch where they inspected the pitch one last time before going into the changing rooms to get ready and for one last team talk.

“Look,” Wood began once they had settled down on the benches and looked expectantly at the team. “I’m not going to go on and on about our strengths and the reasons why we should be the champions. I’m sure you all know my reason since I’ve been saying it constantly over this past year. All I want to say is this, for the past year, Slytherins have been gloating about how our win two years ago was a one off fluke, how they’ve won the cup constantly before then and how they will again now that they have a decent Seeker again.”

Harry raised an eyebrow at that assessment on Malfoy’s flying ability.

“But you and I both know that’s Hippogriff dung,” Wood continued on. “They don’t play well together, they don’t fly well together, the reason they were champions is because we only played two matches last year. They are the bogus champions. Champions by default. They didn’t earn, and they didn’t deserve it.”

“Now Hufflepuff will be tricky, they won’t be the rollover they were two years ago. But that’s doesn’t mean we can’t win. We will win, we’ve got to win. The better team deserves to win and by god we deserve to win. You all deserve to win. We have the best Seeker in the school on the best broom in the world, we have the two best Beaters who intercepted and scored a direct hit with a Beater more than anyone else according to the stats in the past three years. We have two of the three Chasers who set a Hogwarts record by scoring the most goals in one game with Alicia here against them two years ago. We have Ginny Weasley, who, in my honest opinion, is the most naturally talented Chaser Gryffindor has ever had playing.”

Ginny, after hearing Wood’s comment, went scarlet in embarrassment.

“It is true, Ginny,” Alicia said. “The things I see you do in practise I never thought of doing myself.”

“Some of the plays were from Ron though…” Ginny started to explain.

“Ron, really?” Wood said intrigued. “What position does he play?”

“Keeper,” Harry told him.

“Hmm a possible replacement already…” Wood mused then shook his head trying to clear it. “Never mind, now is not the time, we also have Harry who has never let us down.”

“But last year to Slytherin…” Harry muttered.

“Was because of that stupid house-elf. If it wasn’t for the Bludger you would have caught the Snitch, I’m sure.” Wood said waving away his objections. “You’re one of the best Seekers this school has ever seen.”

“We have the best team in this school and now we just need to prove it,” Wood said started to round up his speech. “So let’s get our brooms, let’s fly high and fast and show this school that Gryffindors are the most talented team in this school!”

The team clapped and cheered at the end of Woods speech and stood up, pumped for the upcoming game. Eagerly, they followed their captain out of the changing rooms, wanting to show that they could match their reputation as being widely known as being one of the best teams Gryffindor had ever managed to bring together. Harry followed Fred at the end of the line as they walked out of the pitch to a deafening roar of their fellow house mates cheering them on. Shouts of ‘Go Gryffindor’ and ‘Gryffindor for the cup’ greeted them as they stepped into the morning sunlight. The grass was firm under their feet, after the morning’s due was dried by the sun, allowing for a fast kick off.

“And welcome to the last game of the Quidditch season as Gryffindor take on Hufflepuff.” Lee Jordans’ voice echoed around the stadium. “If Gryffindor win they will get their hands on the Quidditch Cup for the second time in three years after it was taken off of them last year rather unfairly after being unable to play their last game due it being called off and not having enough time for a rematch.”

The Slytherins in the ground booed at that comment as Lee Jordan continued.

“But now is time to correct that mistake,” Jordan continued. “I would like to welcome the Gryffindor team, Potter, Bell, Johnson, Weasley, Weasley, Weasley, and Wood.”

Cheers from the Gryffindor stands got louder as the team acknowledged them with a wave. So loud in fact, that Harry couldn’t hear Lee list the players of the Hufflepuff team.

“Captains, shake hands,” Madam Hooch said as they got to the middle and met the Hufflepuff Quidditch team coming from the other changing room on the other side of the pitch.

Wood and Diggory shook hands briefly before Hooch released the Snitch and Bludgers. Harry saw a glint of the Snitch briefly before it whisked away. Hooch grabbed the Quaffle before again addressing the two captains.

“Play fairly please and good luck to all of you,” Hooch told them all. “Mount your brooms.”

Harry adjusted his grip on his Firebolt briefly before preparing to take off. All he needed to do was catch the Snitch and make sure Gryffindor won their third game of the season, ending in them winning the cup. Harry just hoped that he wouldn’t let the others down.

“On my whistle,” Madam Hooch said as she brought the whistle to her lips. “Three… Two… One…”

As the shrilling sound of her whilst vibrated around the stadium Harry kicked off hard. The wind trailing though his hair as he soared hard and fast up through the air and high enough above the pitch so he could start searching for the elusive Snitch. There was a sound behind him and Harry noticed that Cedric had decided to use the most common tactic of playing in Harry’s shadow. He expected this from the likes of Malfoy but not from him.

“Come on, Diggory,” Harry shouted at him. “Grow some balls. Actually play to your own game rather copying mine like all the other failed Seekers who have gone up against me.” Cedric laughed.

“Who said it was me following you, it might be you following me,” Cedric responded in good jest.

It was for another ten minutes that the two of them flew in close proximity to each other. Each taking turns in leading the other along the pitch before, on one of Harry’s turn of leading, Harry decided enough was enough. He purposely stopped moving his head side to side in an act of that he had spotted something before pointing his nose of his Firebolt towards the ground and shooting down to the screams of joy from the Gryffindors around the stadium.

Down further he flew, until Cedric, who was closely following down pulled up noticing that it was a feint. Smiling, Harry pulled up too before heading off towards the other end of the pitch. However that didn’t deter Cedric and he was soon closely following Harry once again. For another five minutes Harry allowed Cedric to shadow him before once again diving down to the ground. This time Cedric didn’t follow.

Harry quickly pulled out of the dive and looked back up to Cedric who simply nodded in defeat and started to fly off to the other end of the pitch to look for the Snitch. Harry smiled as Cedric finally realised that there was no way he could out run the Firebolt Harry was riding. Harry himself flew up high above the game to give it a quick look over but also to listen to Lee Jordan to see how the game had been going for the past twenty minutes.

“And it’s Johnson in possession, now Bell, who does a reverse pass back to Johnson. She drops it down to Weasley who is below her, watch that Firebolt go as Weasley simply flies past the Hufflepuff Chaser there, what speed that broom has. She passed it back to Johnson, back to Weasley, up to Bell who has moved forwards towards the goal area… and what an excellent Bludger there from one of the Weasley twins there to clear out the last remanding Chaser defending. Bell is one on one now come on Katie, SHE SCORES, SHE SCORES, the score is now Forty to twenty.”

“It seems that Hufflepuff’s tactics are slowly unravelling. It seemed that Diggory knew that he couldn’t out score this Chaser line up so decided to go for a tactic some under dogs use in the professional Quidditch league. The idea is rather than try and score load of goals its simple play with possession. If the Gryffindor team doesn’t have the Quaffle it’s simply impossible to score. Most teams play defensively this way when going up against better opposition. With less shots on goal, they give away the Quaffle less to the opposing team and therefore stops the team from scoring them.”

“It’s a brilliant tactic if it works but unfortunately for Diggory, you have Ginny Weasley on a Firebolt who can easily keep up with the Hufflepuff Chasers and she has already made an astonishing twenty two interceptions in the game already. It’s only the Hufflepuff Keeper that is keeping the score respectable.”

It seemed that Lee Jordan was right as Harry watched Ginny once again intercepted the Quaffle before quickly offloading it to Katie Bell who shot towards the other end of the pitch, Ginny following quickly behind her. Katie faked a shot before passing the Quaffle over to Ginny who put it through the left hoop to bring the score to fifty to twenty.

Over the next hour the game continued on the same wave length, whilst Hufflepuff had better possession of the Quaffle, they couldn’t score many past Wood and Ginny would very shortly intercept their play. It was more of a counter-attacking game the Gryffindors were playing that they wasn’t used to, but with the ingenuity of their captain in goal and the natural ability of Ginny leading the line up the Gryffindors were slowly stretching their lead. Fred and George were also playing their part as they shot Bludger after Bludger towards the Hufflepuff chasers, disrupting their play, allowing Ginny to nick in and take the quaffle.

Soon the score was one hundred twenty to sixty to Gryffindor, and the Hufflepuffs, seeing that their tactic had started to fail, was being more adventurous with their play, trying to get back into the game which eventually led to allowing Gryffindor more of the Quaffle and therefore more chances to score which the three girls took in their stride.

Harry himself throughout this was eagerly searching the sky for any sign of the elusive Snitch. Cedric himself was at the other end of the pitch seemingly desperate to look for the Snitch before Gryffindor started to pile on the pressure and more goals.

“And it seems that Hufflepuff are running out of ideas as their attack breaks down from another interception from Ginny Weasley. This girl is really on fire with breaking up their play. She really has the full package and whoever is Quidditch captain next year really will have a headache in selecting the Chaser line up with Alicia back from injury.”

Harry suddenly spotted Diggory at the other end of the pitch starting to dive down towards the middle and Harry chased after him. Harry looked franticly around the area Cedric was headed before his heart leapt in his mouth as he saw the Snitch. Harry pushed the Firebolt to its top speed, knowing that going this fast he wouldn’t have the chance to concentrate on catching the Snitch, but hoping that he would be able to at least distract Cedric, he continued to push the Firebolt to its limits.

Faster he flew until he had reached the knees of Cedric, he eyed the ground coming closer and the stands, knowing that the Snitch would be less likely to go towards the stands he positioned himself to the right of Cedric, the stands on their left.

As they got to a couple of feet of the ground the Snitch veered to the right. Harry, glad that his guess had panned out, continued straight on as Cedric went to turn after it, but instead knocked into Harry has he continued to fly straight on. They headed towards the stands as they both pulled out of the dive, Cedric looking annoyed at Harry.

“What a defensive play there from Potter, knowing that he wouldn’t be able to catch the Snitch he made sure that Cedric wouldn’t be able to catch it and the Seekers have once again lost the Snitch. The score is now one hundred and forty to twenty and Gryffindor is starting the find their rhythm finally after two quick goals by Ginny Weasley and Katie Bell.

And it was true, as Harry went back to scanning the area for the Snitch that had again disappeared, the Gryffindor chasers started to play a fast interchanging passing game that the Hufflepuffs couldn’t get close to and whenever they did either Fred and George would send a Bludger towards them allowing the way free for the three girls to score.

Another twenty minutes saw the score climb to two hundred and ten to fifty. The Hufflepuffs managing to claw some goals back but it was soon to be over. Gryffindor were more than a hundred fifty points in front and now had more of the possession of the Quaffle. Harry looked eagerly for the Snitch to end the game as the Hufflepuffs pulled a goal back after some nice flying from their Chasers. But it was too little too late as Harry spotted the golden ball fluttering around the bottom of the Gryfffindor goal posts.

Lying straight on his broom, Harry pushed the Firebolt as he rushed past players in his determination to catch the Snitch. Closer to the Snitch he came until it seemed that the Snitch had sensed that it had been spotted and zoomed up, Harry following. Up and up into the sky they both went. Cedric was at the other end of the pitch and even though he tried to chase after him he was soon left behind as both Harry and the Snitch climbed higher and higher. Soon there were clouds around them as Harry and the Snitch continued to fly higher.

Harry shivered and spluttered as he followed the Snitch into a cloud, his vision being blocked by the water vapour. As he came through the cloud he saw the Snitch stop, hover for a moment, and then rush back down. Harry darted after it. Gaining speed as gravity helped both him and the Snitch dart through clouds and then further down as they both gained speed. The Quidditch pitch drew closer and larger by the second as both Harry and the Snitch raced to the ground. Closer Harry got as the ground came hurtling at them at break-neck speed. Harry stretched out, trying to keep one eye on the Snitch and one eye on the ground. Harry felt the Snitch flutter between his fingertips before his hand swiped the air. They were back in the confines of the Quidditch pitch now as they soared downwards. There were yells and screeches from the stands as Harry and the Snitch headed towards the solid ground. Harry stretched out once again, knowing he was cutting it close as he stretched forward as he tried to catch the Snitch once more.

As he felt his hand enclose the fluttering golden ball Harry pulled up hard, his knees grazing the grass as he hissed in pain, the hot weather making the pitch firm and hard. However the pain in his knees was soon forgotten as the exhilaration on what had just transpired replayed in his mind. He had caught the Snitch and won the game. Gryffindor were Quidditch champions once again.

Harry looked up as he saw the Gryffindor team swoop down on him in euphoria as they gently crashed into him as Angelina and Katie cried in happiness, Fred and George were doing some weird celebrating dance next to them, and Wood was sobbing on his broomstick. As Angelina and Katie let go Harry was engulfed in flaming red hair as Ginny threw herself at him. Harry only just managed to stay standing before Ginny’s lips crashed onto his to give him a joyful kiss to the whooping and kissing sounds of the rest of the team. As they pulled apart Ginny smiled at him and cocked her head.

“I knew there must have been a reason I loved you,” Ginny said jokingly. “Couldn’t figure it out until now.”

“Geez, love, thanks,” Harry replied before Ginny pulled him into a hug as she squealed in excitement.

“We won the Cup, we won the Cup!” came the excited shouts of the twins who were dancing around the group, trying not to pay attention to the fact that their sister and honorary brother had just snogged in front of the whole school.

Soon the Gryffindors had lifted the whole team up on their shoulders and carried them over to the stand where the Quidditch Cup sat waiting for them. Harry beamed as he and Ginny was thrown onto the podium with the rest of the team where Dumbledore stood waiting next to the glistening silver cup.

Harry and the rest of the team moved out of the way so a beaming Wood could make his way over to Dumbledore who smiled as he lifted the cup into Woods hands. Wood kissed it in excitement before turning his head and motioning for Harry and Ginny to join him. Together Harry and Ginny walked forward and, with them on either side of their Captain, and together, to the joyful roar of the crowd, all three lifted the cup into the air.

-oOoOoOo-

Half an hour later, Harry and Ginny walked out of the changing rooms, hand in hand, joyful expressions on their faces. They were met by their friends who stood by waiting for them. The rest of the team had gone back to the tower already to start the undoubtedly afternoon, evening and nightlong party which would probably be have to be broken up by Professor McGonagall at two-thirty in the morning. Harry and Ginny stayed behind for the further ten minutes to have their own privately held celebration. Although Harry really didn’t understand the difference between snogging in the changing rooms and snogging in front of the whole school on the Quidditch pitch but Ginny assured him there was one.

“It is more intimate,” Ginny explained when Harry had asked her in the changing rooms and whilst Harry still didn’t understand, he knew enough not to argue with Ginny.

“There you two are, why aren’t you guys up celebrating with the others?” Ron said, his brow furrowed.

“We’re getting there,” Ginny said. She hadn’t removed the smile since they had lifted the cup.

“Come on then,” Neville said smiling. “We’ve got to get you guys to the common room. Wood’s orders.”

“Later,” Harry said. “I want to enjoy the peace and quiet first before we are forced to shake hands and talk to every Gryffindor.”

“If you wanted peace and quiet you shouldn’t have joined the Quidditch team,” Neville said.

“In my defence, McGonagall made me…” Harry said defensively. “Anyway let’s go see Hagrid.”

Together they all set off towards the forest and Hagrid’s hut. Harry wanted an update to see how Buckbeak’s case was going. He was sure the appeal would fail, but Hagrid was insistent and so the lawyer Harry and Sirius had hired for Hagrid filed the papers for the appeal a couple of days after they heard the news. Harry held no hopes but Hagrid was determined to try everything for Buckbeak.

They reached Hagrid’s hut in five minutes and Harry knocked on the door which brought loud banging and barking from inside the hut.

“Alright alright, damn dog, keep it down… Harry!” Hagrid said as he walked over to the door and opened. “Didn’t expect to see yeh down ‘ere. Shouldn’ you lot be in the tower celebratin’?”

“I’m sure we will have to at some point,” Harry said. “but I thought we’d come say hello, see how Buckbeak is doing.”

“That’s thoughtful of yeh, Harry. Come in, come in,” Hagrid said, moving aside to let Harry and the others in. “Just be mind you don’t stay long now, we can’ have yeh walking ‘round at night, can we?”

“So how is the case?” Hermione asked once they were all settled down with cups of tea and Hagrid’s homemade rock cakes.

“I’ll admit, not good. I have Beaky tied up outside, so he can spend the last couple of days in the sunshine before…” However Hagrid couldn’t finish his sentence as he started to tear up.

“I’m sorry,” Hagrid said, sniffling. “But it’s not little Beaky’s fault. But Daniel reckons that there’s very little chance of the appeal being successful. We put everything into the case an’ now we don’t have anything else.”

“I’m sorry, Hagrid,” Harry said sincerely.

“Oh it’s not yer fault, Harry,” Hagrid said waving away his apology. “It’s those damn Malfoys.”

“Surely there’s something we can do…” Ginny said.

“Yeah, we can just untie him…” Ron suggested.

“I would but they would know I’ve done it wouldn’t they…” Hagrid said. “they’d cart me of teh Azkaban or somethin’…”

Silence covered the group as it finally sunk in that they wouldn’t be able to save Buckbeak. Harry’s thoughts strayed as he realised that Buckbeak’s death was on his hands. He removed Sirius from Azkaban early. After getting over the initial shock of arriving back in time early, he was the one that instigated Pettigrew getting caught, and Sirius freed. So now there was no way of saving Buckbeak. The hippogriff’s fate was on his hands. And it had seemed like he had failed.

“Look, it’s getting late, and it’s not worth the risk you guys staying any longer,” Hagrid said, wiping his eyes.

“It’s okay we can stay a little while longer…” Harry said.

“No!” Hagrid said fiercely. “It’s not worth it.” Hagrid stood up and started to clear the table of the empty cups. “Yeh got a Quidditch party to go to. Plus I want to spend as much time with Beaky as I can. Make him comfortable and that. No, no you guys go off and celebrate. Me and Beaky will be fine. Go on.”

So Harry and the others, although protesting slightly, allowed Hagrid to show them out of his cabin and back onto the grounds to walk up the lawns to the castle.

“I can’t believe they’re just going to kill Buckbeak,” Hermione said quietly as they started to walk back to the castle.

“Daddy did always say the committee is useless. Although I do wonder what Fudge has against a hippogriff.” Luna said in her sing song voice.

“I don’t thing Fudge has anything against Buckbeak,” Harry muttered. “More interested in the pocketful of gold Malfoy Senior will give him for making sure Buckbeak died.”

“That’s atrocious,” Hermione screeched.

“But true though,” Neville piped up. “Gran always said that the Malfoys and others like them are holding back the Ministry and making changes for personal gain.”

“Let’s not forget that Malfoy’s old buddy McNair is on the committee.” Harry muttered.

“But surely he wasn’t a part of this decision because of conflict of interest,” Hermione stated.

“Conflict of what?” Ron asked.

“Conflict of interest,” Hermione said exasperated. “It’s where you’re not allowed to cover a case because you have knowledge or have a friendship involved with such case.”

“Doesn’t exist in the Wizarding world,” Harry told her.

“But that’s unfair,” Hermione said.

“Welcome to the corrupt world of Wizarding politics,” Harry said. “There’s a reason Sirius doesn’t bother attending Wizengamot meetings, although as the last legal member of the House of Black, he has a seat on the Wizarding Court bench. Interestingly, so will I when I turn seventeen.”

“So there is nothing we can do,” Hermione said defeated.

“Sadly no,” Harry said as they continued to walk towards the castle.

Harry looked over to Ginny and smiled, after all it was only an hour ago that they had won the Quidditch Cup. However Ginny was frowning and looking over her shoulder.

“Are you okay?” Harry asked her.

“Yeah, it’s just, I get a funny feeling that someone is following us,” Ginny said. Harry looked behind them but saw nothing.

“Come on, we’re halfway there,” Harry said taking Ginny’s hand and tugging her along. It was only another couple of steps however until Harry heard a twig snap behind them. Harry whirled around to see a man standing twenty feet away from him. He was wearing full black clothes and a hat covering his hair. He wore gloves covering his hands but the most striking thing was the Death Eater mask covering his face.

“Pettigrew…” Ginny whispered before the man lifted his wand and shot a curse at Harry and his friends.

“Duck!” Harry yelled and they hit the deck as a darkly orange curse shot just above them. “Stay together, don’t try and do anything stupid!” Harry jumped up wand in hand.

“What, you mean like what you are just about to do?” Ginny shouted back at him.

“Come on, Pettigrew,” Harry shouted at him. “It’s not them you want, it’s me.”

The masked figure raised his wand and shot another curse at Harry that he dodged. Again and again the masked man fired curses at him as Harry ducked and dived, but within five minutes Harry was getting tired. His mind might be ready for war all these years but his body wasn’t, after hours of playing Quidditch his body was reaching its limit. Harry gave a quick glance over his shoulder to thankfully see that the others had managed to back away from danger. Finally Harry could change tact.

After deflecting another curse that was sent his way, Harry pointed his wand to the ground and sent a blasting hex into it. The ground erupted as the soil broke apart into bits. Now he could have some fun. Harry started to send curse after curse back at the masked figure of Pettigrew. Blasting hex and cutting curses, aiming to harm Pettigrew but not kill him, after all, he needed him to help Voldemort next year. Pettigrew started to throw some back hoping to disrupt Harry’s onslaught of spells.

However, Harry used his left hand to summon and banish the lumps of soil that were created when Harry threw his blasting hex into the ground into the patch of the curses stopping them before they even reached him. This allowed Harry to stay on the offensive and push Pettigrew back towards the forest, and most importantly away from his friends. However, Harry was getting tired and Pettigrew managed to hold his ground as Harry’s spells came less and less frequently. Harry had no idea how Pettigrew had learnt to fight in Azkaban but now wasn’t the time as he managed to fire of a curse in between Harry’s sluggish attacks. However, with Harry’s wandless abilities he still managed to throw bits of dirt in the oncoming path of the curses and still managed to force Pettigrew back towards the forest.

Until that was, a single curse came from the forest, but slightly to Harry’s right, surprising Harry so much that he didn’t have time to cast a shield or summon a lump of grass in the way, being tired from the fight and from the match. The curse sliced into his side and Harry called out in pain as he dropped to the cold floor. Harry shivered as he hit the ground, the air growing cold. Harry wondered what curse he had been hit with that could cause these symptoms until he looked around and noticed the ground freezing over, and his breath visible in the cold air: Dementors.

Pettigrew had vanished into the forest, leaving Harry and his friends to face the faceless creatures themselves. Harry looked up and saw hundreds swooping down on the group. Harry’s heart jumped a beat and he pointed his wand at the gliding angles of death.

“Expecto Patronum!” Harry shouted but only a small whisper of silver escaped his wand. The nearest Dementor sucked in a low breath and the wisp of silver vanished. There was a scream to his left and Harry looked to see a Dementor hover of Ginny she had raised her wand but the Dementor has reached out and grabbed her arm, pointing the wand away from itself.

Harry watched in horror as the Dementor that held Ginny used his other arm to lower its hood, revealing a disgusting rotting mouth where a face should have been. Harry’s heart stopped. No, it couldn’t, it shouldn’t. The Dementor was about to perform the kiss on Ginny!

Harry screamed out Ginny’s name before trying to stand up. However, the Dementor that was hovering by him drew in its breath and the screams of Lily Potter’s last moments of life filled Harry’s head, the thought of losing Ginny was the only thing preventing Harry from slipping into unconsciousness. Harry held onto the thought of Ginny as much as he could while trying to hold the Dementors’ affects at bay.

The Dementor holding Ginny was lowering its mouth now towards Ginny, who was struggling like mad to try to break the Dementor’s grip. Harry wasn’t about to let this happen, he couldn’t, not after everything he had been through to get to this point, he wasn’t going to lose Ginny again. But he couldn’t get the Patronus to work. Harry had one last hope, Harry raised his hand and with intense concentration, threw a Banishing Charm at Ginny.

Ginny was ripped out of the grip of the Dementor and way from the group as she landed on the grass and rolled away. The Dementor that was holding Harry turned its face to look at Harry before it began to lower its hood. However, it didn’t get very far as the ground Harry was lying on started to warm up and the silver light of a Patronus lit the dusk sky. The Dementor that was holding Harry dropped him as Harry saw the silver phoenix of Ginny’s Patronus chase the Dementors away from him and his friends. Soon the ground and air warmed up to the correct temperature as Harry saw Ginny run towards the group and fling herself at Harry, clutching onto him for dear life whilst Harry did the same with her.

The Dementors had left them completely now as Ginny’s Patronus still circled over the group protectively once more before dissipating into the air.

“You saved me,” Ginny whispered to him.

“And you saved us all in return,” Harry whispered back.

“Mr. Potter! Ms. Weasley!” came shouting and Harry and Ginny looked up to see a furious Dumbledore and an equally shocked McGonagall running towards them. Harry gently looked over to see that the rest of his friends were slowly getting to their feet before blackness took Harry and he fainted from exhaustion into Ginny’s arms.

-oOoOoOoOo-

Harry awoke to the sound of an argument outside the hospital wing. Harry carefully looked around his bed to see his friends looking at the door. Ginny herself was sitting by the bed in a chair and Harry relaxed, knowing that Ginny was safe, before returning his attention to the argument outside the door.

“Mrs. Weasley, please,” came the voice of the Minister. “We had no idea that the Dementors would get so out of control.”

“Well I hope they are being removed!” Sirius was heard saying, his voice layered with anger.

“Their removal will take place over the course of the next few hours,” Fudge said calmly. “Although I must say, I never thought they would try and perform the kiss on an innocent child.”

“Well, that’s the problem, isn’t it,” screeched Mrs. Weasley. “You didn’t think, you just put those monsters around the school so they could attack my children! Whoever you pray to must like you because if my Ginny or Harry had lost their souls to those creatures…”

“They had better keep it down,” Madam Pomfrey said, coming over from her office. “Or they will wake Harry.”

“Too late,” Harry said and his friends and Ginny’s brothers turned to look at him with happiness. “Although considering it’s that brainless oaf that is being chewed out rather than me or the twins, I’m kind of enjoying it.”

“Hear, hear, Harry,” Fred and George said together.

“How are you feeling, Potter?” Madam Pomfrey asked, waving her wand over Harry.

“Smashing,” Harry said while stretching, his body aching after the Quidditch match and then the duel with Pettigrew.

“Why can’t you ever give me a straight answer, Potter,” Pomfrey said walking away to collect some potions for Harry.

“Is anyone else hurt?” Harry asked and his friends shook their heads. “Ginny?”

“I’m fine, Harry,” Ginny said, her voice still a little shaky. “Just a bit, you know… thank you for saving my life. You’re making a habit out of it.”

“Yeah, well, you returned the favour with your Patronus,” Harry said smiling back.

The doors of the hospital wing opened then as Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, Sirius and Jo walked into the hospital wing.

“Ginny!” Mrs. Weasley exclaimed before rushing over to her. “When we heard...”

“I’m okay, Mum,” Ginny mumbled as she was crushed into a big Weasley hug. “Harry saved me.”

“Thank you, son,” Mr. Weasley said putting a hand on his shoulder.

“Well Ginny saved me too, with her Patronus,” Harry said smiling.

“Yes, we did hear you’ve been teaching her that charm; thank you, son,” Mr. Weasley replied.

“Well, she saved my life with it,” Harry said sheepishly. “So I should be thanking her.”

“I wasn’t going to lose the one I love to those things,” Ginny said. “Plus you saved me first when you Banished me away from the Dementor. If you hadn’t done that I wouldn’t have been able to have time to cast the charm.”

“How about we saved each other?” Harry suggested.

“I’ll agree to that,” Ginny said nodding.

Madam Pomfrey returned and handed Harry a goblet.

“What disgusting potion are you giving me now?” Harry moaned at the patron.

“Hot chocolate,” Madam Pomfrey stated.

“Oh,” Harry said smiling as he sat up straighter.

“I must admit, for someone who duelled a Death Eater not three hours ago you are looking rather healthy,” Madam Pomfrey said, looking Harry over.

“Thanks,” Harry said taking a sip of the hot chocolate and instantly feeling better.

“What were you thinking, duelling Pettigrew?” Mrs. Weasley demanded.

“That my friends were in danger and I needed to keep them safe,” Harry said darkly. The doors opened once more and Dumbledore himself walked into the wing.

“And I’m sure they are all thankful for that,” Sirius said.

“If you don’t mind, Molly, Arthur, Jo, but I would like a private word with Harry,” Dumbledore said calmly but in the odd way that told everyone it wasn’t a request. Ginny stood up and then leaned over to give Harry a quick kiss.

“I love you,” Ginny said quietly. “We’ll wait outside; we’ve still got a Quidditch party to go to after.” Ginny and the others quickly stood up and followed Mr. and Mrs. Weasley out of the hospital.

“What can you tell me about your duel with Pettigrew?” Dumbledore asked Harry.

“That it was hard, I need practise, and it wasn’t Pettigrew,” Harry said darkly.

“Excuse me?” Sirius said looking at Harry in shock.

“I know of Pettigrew, I know what he’s capable of and that wasn’t it, and before you say Azkaban changes people, it wasn’t just that he was casting more dangerous spells than Pettigrew could think of, but I saw him grip his wand very tight with his right hand, including his index finger…”

“But Pettigrew doesn’t have that finger…” Sirius mused, stating his thoughts aloud.

“Exactly,” Harry said. “Whoever attacked me, wasn’t Pettigrew, and not only that, they had the full Death Eater gear on, mask and everything.”

“Did you recognise his voice?” Dumbledore asked Harry.

“No voice,” Harry replied. “All nonverbal spells.”

“This is most distressing,” Dumbledore said thinking.

“You’re telling me,” Harry said. “Whoever it is can pack a punch, I tell you. One good thing has come of this though.”

“Oh?” Sirius asked.

“I really need to start training if I have any chance against Voldemort in a year’s time,” Harry explained.

“Now that I agree, do you have any idea who the culprit could be?” Dumbledore asked Harry.

“Many,” Harry said. “All of them on the list of people cleared of Death Eater activity by the Ministry twelve years ago.”

“Well, if that is all, we won’t keep you from your friends,” Dumbledore said. “After all, you have a party to get to.”

-oOoOoOoOo-

Harry left the hospital ward ten minutes later and then headed to the crowded common room where the rest of the house was celebrating the Quidditch Cup!

“Finally!” Lee Jordan roared with joy as Harry and the others entered the room. “Where’ve you been, and Fred, George, it’s not like you to skip out on a party!”

“Yeah, you promised us some butterbeer!” Alicia said joyfully.

“Something came up,” Fred said.

“But if you want we can go get some now, we’ll only be about an hour!” George announced.

“Not on your life!” Ginny exclaimed.

“But Ginny… Butterbeer!” Ron said moaning.

“Dementors just nearly gave Harry and myself the kiss!” Ginny rounded on Ron which caused the people eavesdropping to drop their food in shock. “I don’t particularly want to give them any more reasons to attack my family!”

“Don’t worry, Ginny!” Fred said “We know how to bypass them! We won’t go anywhere near them! Plus, you heard Fudge, they’ll be giving their orders to return to Azkaban in the next hour!”

“Yeah, by the time we get back they’ll probably be gone!” George agreed.

“Fudge is removing them?” Katie asked from where she sat beside Wood.

“What the hell happened?” Wood asked shocked.

So for the next ten minutes Harry and his friends explained to the rest of the Quidditch team what had transpired after they had left Hagrid’s.

“You do know this means you probably won’t be able to leave the castle until Pettigrew is caught, don’t you?” Hermione told Harry.

“No way! I have classes… Herbology, Care of Magical Creatures…” Harry exclaimed.

“You are top of the class and will likely ace the exams, no one is going to be bothered if you miss the last month of classes,” Hermione exclaimed.

“But I beat him,” Harry said confused.

“Yeah, I wanted to talk to you about that, where did you learn to duel like that?” Hermione asked him.

“Dumbledore,” Harry said truthfully. Harry remembered the duel Dumbledore had versus Voldemort at the end of the fifth yeah and how he had charmed the fountain to block Voldemort’s curses.

“Why did Dumbledore teach you that?” Hermione asked.

“Well how many times has Voldemort tried to kill me now? Or a supporter of Voldemort, or his sixteen year old soul,” Harry explained. “Every year it seems I’m faced with something trying to harm me… we thought it best if I could defend myself.”

“Makes sense,” Neville said shrugging yet, Hermione frowned thoughtfully. Ginny was frowning also, but whatever was bothering Ginny she kept quiet.

“Come on, this is meant to be a celebration!” Ron exclaimed. “We won the Quidditch Cup. Come on, let’s grab some food.”

When the others went over to the table to start picking at the food, Ginny hung back next to Harry so she could speak to him without the others overhearing.

“I guess why you learned wandless magic is something for me once my shields are good enough, yes?” Ginny said quietly to Harry. “Not only that, but you learned wandless magic before you went to Hogwarts. Before Voldemort started to try and kill you every year.”

“You were always smarter than me,” Harry said smiling. “True, but let’s not let Hermione let onto that fact otherwise I would never hear the end of it.”

“I guess the reason why is one of the reasons I’m learning Occlumency?” Ginny questioned.

“One of many,” Harry replied.

“You know I hated it, watching you fight whilst I had to stay back,” Ginny said suddenly. “Is there any way for me to learn? So I can help you? I don’t want to feel useless like I did back there.”

“Ginny…” Harry said quietly. “You’re not useless… you sent away all of the Dementors!”

“But I couldn’t help you against Pettigrew!” Ginny countered. “Watching you duel him was agony, afraid he might seriously hurt you and I couldn’t do anything but watch. I don’t want to ever watch again, Harry. You had learned wandless magic by the time you were my age and how to fight, so you can teach me too, right?”

“You want me to teach you wandless magic?” Harry asked her thoughtfully.

“Wandless magic, nonverbal magic, anything to help fight,” Ginny said. “Anything that would help you so that I don’t have to watch you get hurt by these monsters that come after you.”

“I’m not going to put you in danger, Ginny,” Harry said.

“Yes, but me being taken down into the chamber! Being there when Pettigrew attacked, I’m already in danger, I’m just asking for a way to defend myself!” Ginny explained. Harry thought slowly before answering Ginny.

“Listen, we need to concentrate on your Occlumency first,” Harry told her and Ginny opened her mouth to protest before Harry continued. “No wait, we have to do that first, and then I need to tell you all my secrets, my wandless magic is a part of those secrets and teaching you will be telling you some of them. We’ll sort you out to make sure your Occlumency is good so you can protect my secrets, and then after, if you still want me to teach you, I will teach you how to fight, how to defend yourself.”

“Good,” Ginny said before stepping up and giving Harry a quick kiss. However they were interrupted from a loud shout from up from the boys’ dormitories stairs.

“What the hell?” Harry said frowning as he, like everyone else in the tower, looked at the staircase. Soon Seamus came sprinting down, shocked and looking like he was going to be sick.

“Harry, you have to come and see this, I don’t know who did it but…” Seamus didn’t manage to finish his sentence before Harry was hurrying up to their dormitory, Ginny close behind. When they got to the top of the stairs and to the doorway leading into the third year boys’ room, Harry stopped in shock horror at what he saw. His bed was covered in blood, and bits of snake covered the bed. Harry heard Ginny suck in a breath and Harry looked at her to see her staring at the headboard. Afraid of what he might see, Harry turned to look as well. There, nailed to it, was the head of Harry’s pet snake, Simon.
Reviews 545
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear