Search:

SIYE Time:2:53 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Erasing The Future
By Moxterminator

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe, Post-HBP
Characters:All, Harry/Ginny
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Fluff, General, Humor, Romance, Tragedy
Warnings: Extreme Language, Mild Sexual Situations, Violence
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 545
Summary: Harry goes back in time to redo his Hogwarts years after losing the war, his family, and his wife, Ginny Potter, to Voldemort. Changes need to be made, but can all changes be good? Years 1-4
Hitcount: Story Total: 397053; Chapter Total: 4365
Awards: View Trophy Room






ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Harry and Ginny sat next to the fire in their usual study room in the Room of Requirement. They were sitting on the couch next to the fire. Ginny was frowning as Harry stared into her eyes, unblinking. Ginny felt a presence against her mind and she instantly re-enforced her shield in the area she had felt the probe.

For weeks now they had, every evening, come to the Room of Requirement and tested Ginny’s shields, with Harry trying to break into her mind. Ginny was improving but Harry still could eventually break in. Unfortunately, until Ginny had her mind completely closed off, it was too dangerous for her to learn all of Harry’s secrets. But she was nearly there. Ginny was determined to master Occlumency soon. Not only so that she could learn and protect the secrets of the boy she loved, but also because Harry had promised that he would start teaching her wandless magic after she had mastered the previous skill.

Ginny pushed the attack firmly out of her mind as Harry’s presence lessened, but didn’t stop, as Harry chose another place to attack her shields. Ginny sent her mind to the area Harry had attacked and tried desperately to re-enforce her walls. But as Ginny arrived Harry stopped, causing Ginny to pause in her confusion. In that moment of hesitation Harry struck, breaking through her shields and into her mind. Images of the last few weeks flew through her mind effortlessly before Ginny managed to spot where Harry was and pushed him out.

“I know,” Ginny said sighing. “I need to stop it, I know.”

Ginny knew she had a problem. As soon as she felt someone attack her mind she would concentrate on that one particular area and forget about the rest. Often Harry would find trouble breaking in at the first spot in the walls surrounding her mind but after a little while would quickly change the area of his attack, surprising Ginny and managing to force his way into her mind.

“You are doing well,” Harry said fondly. “Better than me at least.”

“How long did it take you to learn Occlumency?” Ginny said irritably.

“Honestly?” Harry answered, “To get to the point you are at, about three years. Although I didn’t do much Occlumency training in that second year…”

“Three years?” Ginny asked awed.

“Yes, and you have managed to get this far in three months,” Harry said proud of her. “So don’t start moaning that you haven’t managed to master Occlumency yet. To be honest, you are way ahead of where I was expecting you to be at this time. Way ahead. I’ll be letting you into my secrets sooner than I thought.”

“Afraid, Potter?” Ginny asked innocently.

“Don’t get me wrong, I am looking forward to sharing everything with you,” Harry said thoughtfully, “But I won’t deny that letting someone in fully and unconditionally is a scary thought. I’ve never done it with anyone, not even Sirius or Dumbledore. Letting you in, whilst I know is good and what I want to do, is rather frightening.”

“You know it’s going to be okay right, no matter what the secrets are; I’m not going anywhere, I’ll still love you,” Ginny told him affectionately.

“I hope so,” Harry said sighing. “But to be truthful, I have no idea how you are going to react.”

“Well, let’s not worry about that so much this week,” Ginny said “We have enough to worry about with the exams.”

“I’m not too worried,” Harry said with a shrug.

“No, of course not,” Ginny said, laughing. “Maybe that’s because you are a magical prodigy who can do wandless magic, oh and also has a free pass in Herbology and Care of Magical Creatures.”

“I didn’t ask for that,” Harry said, suddenly irritated at the situation. “I didn’t need to be given that, I could have done the exams.”

“And let whoever it is that’s trying to kill you get a free shot?” Ginny exclaimed. “It was bad enough when it was just Pettigrew after you, now there is someone else too!”

“But I beat him!” Harry protested.

“He ran away because of the Dementors, Harry, who are no longer at Hogwarts,” Ginny shot back. “And we have no idea who this second person is, why are they after you, are they the same reasons as Pettigrew? Why are they working together, we just don’t know!”

“I hate hiding,” Harry said. “I’m a Gryffindor, hiding is not in my blood!”

“Gryffindor heir or not,” Ginny said to him, “It’s too dangerous to go out onto the school grounds.”

“I’ll believe that when I see it,” Harry muttered.

“You don’t go out onto the school grounds… do you?” Ginny suddenly asked him.

“Of course not, you would know,” Harry replied. “Anyway I have Estelle.”

“Well I know you’re getting up extra early in the mornings and leaving the tower, coming back all hot and sweaty like you’ve been for a run.” Ginny told him and Harry cocked his head at her in surprise. “You didn’t think anyone noticed? Not many, but I know Hermione did, and I did. It’s almost like you’re getting fit, but for what I don’t know. If it wasn’t for your promise to me that you wouldn’t go looking for Pettigrew I would say it was to get ready to fight whoever it was that attacked us.”

“Well, technically the promise was for Pettigrew, and since this isn’t Pettigrew…”

“HARRY JAMES POTTER!” Ginny shouted. “Don’t you dare go of looking for someone who wants to kill you!”

“I was joking, love,” Harry said quickly to calm Ginny down.

“That’s not something to joke about, Harry,” Ginny told him seriously. “And didn’t you tell me it will be Estelle’s burning day soon? She wouldn’t be able to help you if you got in trouble.”

“Sorry,” Harry muttered before looking at the clock hanging on the wall. “And you are right about Estelle. It’s time to go down to breakfast.”

“Okay,” Ginny said standing up and looking around the room. “I guess we won’t be spending much time doing Occlumency practise this week.”

“Do you honestly think Hermione will allow us to come here on our own without telling her what we’re doing when she knows full well we won’t be revising?” Harry said as he opened the door and he and Ginny walked out of the room and down the seventh floor corridor. “There is a reason we got up early this morning to do this.”

“I know,” Ginny replied. “But it’s only this week, next week we’re going straight back to improving my shields. The quicker I can get my shields stronger, the quicker I can learn wandless magic.”

“Oh I see,” Harry said playfully. “It’s not my secrets you care about; it’s wanting to curse me even when you don’t have a wand.”

“Maybe,” Ginny said slyly, smirking a little, “Just imagine my brothers’ faces when they realise I won’t need a wand to Bat-Bogey Hex them…”

“Ah, I didn’t think of that,” Harry said suddenly worried. “Is it too late to refuse to teach you wandless magic?” he added jokingly.

“Yes!” Ginny said, hitting him over the head.

“Ow,” Harry moaned has they turned a corner and headed to the main staircase, rubbing his head with his hand.

“Stop being a baby,” Ginny said laughing.

“Your brothers are going to kill me when they realise you can hex them wandlessly, and during the summer holidays,” Harry told her.

“Well, they won’t know right away…” Ginny said, “I won’t tell them and I fully well know I won’t be able to learn wandless magic this summer holiday, so I know it will be next year, there’s only two weeks left of school anyway. I doubt I’ll finish Occlumency before then.”

“You might,” Harry said. “The way you are learning I wouldn’t be surprised. Everyone calls me the magical prodigy because of the wandless magic. But I suspect you’re actually better than me. You are learning Occlumency way faster than I ever did. You’re top of all your classes, when the only reason I am top of mine is because I had years of practise before coming here. You’re not as far behind me as you might think.”

“Well whatever the case,” Ginny said as they reached the bottom of the steps and started to walk across the entrance hall towards the Great Hall for breakfast, “the reason I am is because I have you teaching me. Careful, we might make a professor out of you.”

“I have already told you that I prefer you to call me Professor Potter, remember? Last year,” Harry reminded her. “You seemed to be against that idea though.”

“Well you’re not a professor yet!” Ginny said backtracking

They entered the Great Hall together and steadily made their way around the tables to the Gryffindor table, where their friends sat having breakfast.

“There you two are!” Hermione chided them as they sat down and Harry started to pile his plate with sausages and bacon. “Where have you two been?”

“Studying,” Ginny replied.

“Really?” Hermione asked them in shock. Harry slightly tilted his head towards Ginny, wondering where she was going with ‘studying.’ “I didn’t see you in the library.”

“Oh no, we were studying in the Room of Requirement,” Ginny explained.

“You know, snogging isn’t the correct way to study,” Neville joked.

“We weren’t snogging!” Ginny replied. “We were actually studying.” This caused Ron to look at Harry and Ginny fearfully. “Oh don’t worry, we will never ask you to come along, Ron. Your lazy ways are safe for now.”

“Oh thank god,” Ron said before turning back to his breakfast.

“You know one of these days you are going to fail your end of year exams and be forced to stay behind a year,” Hermione said, irritated.

“Nah, you would never let that happen,” Ron said happily as he took a bite out of his toast.

“Studying?” Harry asked Ginny quietly next to him.

“What? We were,” Ginny replied smirking. “It might not have been the school curriculum. But it was studying.”

Harry simply laughed before going back to his breakfast. All too soon to Harry’s liking McGonagall started coming round with their exam time table. Harry noticed that Transfiguration was first before Charms which was after lunch. The two exams should be fairly simple so Harry smiled and went back to his breakfast.

“You don’t have to rub it in, you know,” Neville said looking at Harry.

“Rub what in?” Harry asked him confused.

“The fact that you’re going to pass all of your exams easily,” Neville replied smiling, telling Harry he wasn’t really annoyed. “Whilst the rest of us have to struggle on like normal folk, especially with Potions.”

“You are a lot better than you were,” Harry pointed out.

“Not better than you,” Neville replied shaking his head.

The rest of breakfast passed by with nervous waiting until Ginny and Luna said goodbye to the group to go to their own end of year exams whilst Harry, Ron, Neville and Hermione headed towards the second floor for their first exam which was to be Transfiguration.

There, they had to sit nervously outside whilst McGonagall called them one by one into the classroom to perform their exam. When it was Harry’s turn, Harry got a rather annoyed look when in response to her telling him to turn the teapot in front of him into a tortoise, Harry not only asked if she wanted it wandlessly and nonverbally, but also which type of tortoise she would like. After seeing the glare behind his professor’s square glasses, Harry hurriedly waved his wand and transfigured the teapot into a perfect tortoise.

“Well done, Potter,” McGonagall said approvingly. “Expected, but well done. But next time, maybe you won’t show off with comments like that, correct?”

“Yes, Professor,” Harry muttered before leaving the classroom.

Harry waited patiently with Neville and Hermione for Ron to take his turn before all four of them headed back down for a quick lunch before Hermione had dragged them off to study for the Charms exam that afternoon.

“How did your first exam go?” Ginny had asked when she and Luna had arrived in the Gryffindor common so they too could study for their next exam.

“Okay, I suppose,” Ron said shrugging.

“Mine looked more like a turtle than a tortoise,” Hermione moaned.

“I got told off for showing off,” Harry told them. “I asked her if she wanted me to do it wandlessly and nonverbally.” Harry quickly shut up from the glare he got from his friends. No one really liked a show-off.

When the bell sounded, Harry and the other three third years quickly scuppered their way to the Charms classroom where Flitwick took them through their exams. Most of the class was joyful after that exam, the Cheering Charm they had to perform on each other for the test meant that the third years studied rather well that evening for their exams the next day.

The first exam the four of them faced on Tuesday morning was Care of Magical Creatures, where they had to look after Flobberworms for the hour. It was clear that Hagrid’s mind was on Buckbeak and his final few days before he would be executed on Friday.

The afternoon was Potions down in the dungeons, where Snape stalked the rows making tutting sounds and shaking his head at the Gryffindors who nervously and hurriedly tried to figure out what they were doing wrong. By the end of the exam every single Gryffindor, including Hermione, was just glad to get out of the dungeon and up into the late afternoon sunlight that lit the main castle. Once dinner had finished they then spent the evening going over star charts and planetary alignments so when midnight came and they had to chart the night sky for Astronomy they had some general idea of what they were looking for.

Wednesday morning they were allowed a lie in due to the late Astronomy test the night before, but they were soon up by ten o’clock so they could hurriedly cram in some revision before they walked through the grounds and into the greenhouses by the castle for their Herbology test. They went over the magical plants they had learned that year and how to look after them before marching back up to the common room where they revised for their final two exams the next day. Harry himself sat quietly and happily up in the common room reading his course book on Ancient Runes.

Harry was disappointed that he wouldn’t be able to also do the Defence Against the Dark Arts exam. From what he could remember from his future self’s memories, it was going to be an obstacle course filled with various creatures in which they would have to bypass outside in the grounds. That was until Lupin told Harry that he would be doing the exam, just inside the Room of Requirement instead of the grounds.

The Grindylow and Red Caps were easy for Harry to face. For the Hinkypunk Harry simply tuned it out of his mind as he walked across the man-made bog. Finally he came to the final obstacle, a brand new boggart.

Ginny’s form swam into view before him, stating that she couldn’t possible love him, but Harry shut out what the boggart was saying and remembered Monday morning when Ginny promised him that no matter what his secrets were, she would still love him. Just as there was a flash of green light indicating a killing curse was just about to light Ginny up, Harry shouted “Riddikulus.” And rather that the green light engulfing Ginny, it changed to red, then yellow, then orange as Ginny started to dance disco style. Her clothes changing to seventies style clothes. Harry chuckled as he left the trunk and saw Remus raise an eyebrow trying not to laugh.

“Not a word to her,” Harry told the professor, knowing far too well what Ginny would do if she ever found out about ‘Disco Ginny.’

After the Defence Against the Dark Arts exam, Harry walked down with his friends to the Great Hall where they bumped into Cornelius Fudge who was waiting in the entrance hall.

“Ah Harry, Ms. Weasley,” Fudge beamed. “First off I would like to apologise for the terrible ordeal you went through last month. Never in my wildest imagination would I think that the Dementors would attack students. As you can see they have been removed and you are no longer in danger from them so you have no need to worry.”

“I also have the best Aurors stationed around Hogsmeade so that you shouldn’t fear Pettigrew sneaking onto the grounds and attacking you again,” Fudge told them.

“Didn’t Dumbledore explain that it wasn’t Pettigrew but another Death Eater?” Harry asked him.

“Nonsense, Harry,” Fudge said, waving away his concerns. “Of course it was Pettigrew, there’s no other Death Eater who’s escaped Azkaban, is there?”

“What about the Death Eaters that didn’t get sent to Azkaban after the downfall of Voldemort?” Ginny asked. “There were some that weren’t caught.”

“Nonsense!” Fudge said cheerfully. “All the Death Eaters were captured. There are none left. You have nothing to worry about. Pettigrew will be caught any day now, nothing to worry about. Now let’s move on, shall we, all though it is a shame the reason I’m here, dreadful business, the execution of the hippogriff that attacked you, Harry. But I’m sure you agree that something that dangerous has to be put down.”

“So the Ministry is planning on mass extinction of the hippogriff’s race?” Harry asked.

“What? Harry, I don’t understand,” Fudge said in confusion.

“A hippogriff, any hippogriff, will attack if you insult the creature,” Harry started to explain. “The only reason I was injured from this Hippogriff was because Draco Malfoy, even though he was told by our Professor not to insult it, decided to call it ugly and hideous. Therefore Buckbeak attacked as any Hippogriff would. I pushed Malfoy out of the way and I got injured instead.”

“Now, unless you are standing there and are telling me that you will execute every hippogriff in Britain, you have no legal reason to execute this hippogriff. You either kill all of them or none of them. So tell me Minister, are you starting to cull all hippogriffs?”

“Of course not,” Fudge spluttered.

“Then I hope to hear positive news from the appeal,” Harry said nodding. “I would have thought the committee would take into consideration the wishes of the individual of who was attacked. But it appears not. Now if you’ll excuse us, we have to get to our lunch then start revising for our exams this afternoon.” Harry’s friends followed him into the Great Hall, Hermione looking white as a sheet.

“I can’t believe you just did that!” Hermione said her face as pale as snow. “That was the Minister of Magic!”

“And I’m Harry Potter,” Harry replied. “I might not like my fame, but it does sometimes come in useful.”

“I can’t believe that the Ministry still think its Pettigrew that is after you!” Ginny said annoyed. “How incompetent is the Minister?”

“You’d be surprised,” Harry muttered darkly as they sat down at the Gryffindor table and started to put rolls and pork pies on their plates.

After lunch they headed off to their last exam, Harry and Hermione headed off to Ancient Runes, Neville and Ron headed off to Divination, whilst Ginny and Luna headed off to Herbology. Harry walked the steps up to the Ancient Runes class room and settled himself down next to Hermione in the centre of the classroom.

“Welcome to your end of year exam,” Professor Pagget announced when everyone was sitting down. “I hope all of you have revised well for this test. There are various goblin and Egyptian runes that you will not have to only translate but also tell me where you are most likely to find said rune. You have from now, forty five minutes. You may begin.”

Harry turned over the first page and spotted a small goblin rune, as he recognised it as the rune that meant wealth, he slowly smiled as he dipped as quill into the ink and started to write. As the exam went on, however the questions became more difficult. He had a little trouble on question twenty four. There, a diagram filled the page of an Egyptian rune that was found on the entrance way of one of the Wizarding Egyptian Pharaohs. Harry had to carefully dissect the rune and then explain what the rune was and explain about the magic that was cast on the pharaoh’s tomb.

It took him almost twenty minutes to study and then write down what each bit of the rune brought to the curse. If someone hadn’t removed the dark magic on the tomb, this rune would increase the potency of the curse to extend the time it was on the victim to over double the original time frame.

As the exam drew to a close, Harry smiled happily at what he had down. For the first time he had an exam that had tested him, his future self-memories having no reclamation of the test since he hadn’t taken this subject before. Hoping for a good grade Harry handed over his test paper and left the classroom with Hermione.

“So what did you think of question thirteen B,” Hermione started as soon as the door behind them shut. “I wasn’t quite sure whether the rune was for a specific area or just one person if they wear it…”

“Hermione,” Harry moaned. “How many times do we have to tell you? We are not going to go through every single question after an exam with you. And it was an area…”

“An area?” Hermione asked hesitantly. “Are you sure?” she then added hurriedly without breath. “I mean I thought that little lope in the top left meant that it was for an area bigger than one person but I wasn’t sure so I had to put down the person because it was pictured on a necklace and I so got that wrong what if that mark is the difference between passing and failing and I have to do the test again oh I knew I didn’t do well, what am I going to do this is just…”

However, she stopped in the middle of her triad when she saw the playful smile Harry was trying to hide on his face.

“Harry! James! Potter!” Hermione shouted, smacking him with her book on every word. “How dare you do that to me!”

“Maybe I need the necklace with that protective rune at the moment,” Harry muttered as he rubbed his sore arm.

“Damn right,” Hermione said. “That point could have made the difference between a pass and a fail and you had me all worried for nothing!”

“Yes true,” Harry said shrugging, knowing full well how smart Hermione was and that there was no way she would ever fail an exam.

“Argh!” Hermione screamed as they reached the portrait hole of Gryffindor tower and Hermione huffed out the password in irritation.

“Same to you, too,” the Fat Lady said as she swung open and Hermione stomped her way into the common room.

“What’s got you so angry?” Ron asked as he saw the look on Hermione’s face. Hermione glared back at Ron and then marched up to her dormitory. Ron looked questioningly at Harry who simply shrugged.

“Where’s Ginny?” Harry asked, frowning.

“Oh, she said she was going to stay behind and talk to Professor Sprout for a few minutes and then head to the library,” Luna explained. “She said she would meet up with us later or if you wanted to go help her now you could. She told me just before I went to my exam.”

“The library?” Ron asked. “That was our last exam, why would she need to go to the library, Hermione I can understand, but Ginny?”

“Well she thought it was important I guess,” Luna explained.

“I guess,” Harry said wondering what Ginny was up to. “Maybe I’ll go see what she’s doing. She might be looking up things for CARE.”

Luna shrugged as Harry stood up and made his way out of the common room and along the corridors towards the library. Harry was a little put out wondering about Ginny. Normally she would wait and invite Harry along with her if she wanted to look something up in the library. Shrugging, Harry walked down the corridors and staircases until he reached the library where Madam Pince eyed him angrily and suspiciously. She had never forgotten or forgiven them for the Easter break prank they did on the library. Especially after, when the headmaster noticed it was a hunt where one would have to use their initiative and brains, he allowed the hunt to stay up for the rest of the holidays.

Harry walked around the library but failed to see Ginny. Confused, Harry made his way out of the library under the even more suspicious glare of the librarian before heading to the Room of Requirement. However, Ginny wasn’t there either. Now slightly worried Harry headed back to the common room. Ginny must have turned up by now but she wasn’t there.

Harry, knowing that he would just worry and worry walked up his dormitory and into his trunk where the Marauders Map was. He opened it up and started to search for Ginny. As he scanned the map for her name, he soon realised that Ginny’s name wasn’t there. He spent a good fifteen minutes searching; there were after all, a lot of students attending Hogwarts. But Ginny’s name wasn’t there.

He hurriedly went down stairs before stopping dead in his tracks; by the window was an eagle with a note in its beak. Harry cautiously made his way towards the eagle, horror in his face. He knew that eagle. He knew who used it, but it couldn’t be. Voldemort was still in hiding, wasn’t he?

Harry grabbed the note and the eagle suddenly flew back out of the window. Harry cautiously opened the note and read the message.

Harry Potter

Meet me at the stile of the end of the road out of Hogsmeade, past Dervish and Banges, your other half’s life depends on it.

There was no signature, whoever it was knew what they were doing. But they were loyal to Voldemort obviously, to be using his eagle.

“Harry,” Ron said cautiously, “What is going on?”

“Ginny’s been taken,” Harry said calmly. “And I’m going to go get her back.”

-oOoOoOoOo-

Ginny walked down the lawns of Hogwarts, not looking forward to her Herbology exam. It was one of the few that she wasn’t that good at. Give her a wand and an incantation to perform a spell and she was top of her class. But have her brew a potion, take care of a plant, and she was as confused as a troll. Neville helped a lot though. She wouldn’t be doing so well without him. She thanked the day she and Neville had become friends. Although that seemed to be Harry’s doing. Thankfully he made friends that welcomed her into the group when she herself came to Hogwarts and she was ever so thankful for their help when they offered. Ginny wasn’t quite as nervous about this exam than she would have been without Neville’s help. When they reached the greenhouses Professor Sprout was standing ready for them.

“When I call your name you will come in and identify and explain the potting procedure of each plant I show you,” Professor Sprout said. “You will also, if you can, tell me what it is most commonly used for. Once you have done, you may go back to the castle.”

“Creevy. Colin.” Sprout announced and Colin slowly made his way towards the greenhouse nervously. Slowly but surely, Professor Sprout made her way through the class list, each student lasting ten to fifteen minutes inside the greenhouse before re-emerging. Some had frowns on their faces, some had smiles, and some were downright confused as they walked out of the greenhouse and back up to the castle.

It was at times like this that Ginny wished that their family name started with something else rather than a W. Ninety nine percent of the time, due to the lack of wizard family names starting with x, y, or z, Ginny was last in to do her exam. Normally she wouldn’t care but sitting around on the grass, bored out of her mind as her fellow classmates left for the castle, was starting to annoy her. At long last, the last student left the greenhouse and Madam Sprout finally called her into the greenhouse. She was surrounded by plants which Ginny guessed she would have to identify.

“Ah, Ms. Weasley,” Professor Sprout said looking up. “Sorry about the wait, now, could you please identify this plant first?”

Ginny looked at the plant and recognised the small green stem and the pale purple leaves.

“Dittany,” Ginny replied cautiously.

“Very good,” Sprout said nodding and Ginny slightly relaxed. “And its most common usage?”

“Healing potions, Professor,” Ginny answered.

“Correct,” Sprout said. “Now, how about this one?”

Ginny looked over to the next plant and recognised it at once as a leaping toadstool. Sprout smiled at her as she gave the answer and moved onto the next plant; its stems had a purple pod hanging of the end and Ginny thought back to the revision she had done the previous night.

“Hmm, Shrivelfigs?” Ginny asked.

“Correct,” Sprout said again, “and its uses?”

“Shrinking solution, isn’t it?” Ginny said frowning. “I remember Harry mentioning that when he talked about that ingredient earlier on in the year.”

“Well it pays to have a boyfriend a year ahead of you it seems. Also correct,” Professor Sprout said smiling. For the next ten minutes Ginny slowly worked her way around the greenhouse until she reached the last plant. Ginny recognised the baby like plant immediately.

“Hmm, Mandrake, Professor,” Ginny said somewhat guiltily.

“Correct, full marks, I must say Ms. Weasley it’s been a pleasure teaching you this year,” Professor Sprout said happily, seemingly not noticing Ginny’s guilty expression, or choosing to ignore it. “You’ve been enthusiastic and smiling in every lesson. Well done. I hope you keep it up for next year. Now run along, I’m sure you are starting to get hungry from all those nerves you had.”

Ginny smiled gratefully at the professor before picking up her bag and walking out of the greenhouse. She let out a sigh of relief when she stepped onto the lawn and reminded herself that the exams were now done. They were over; she wouldn’t have to worry about anything now for another week and the time when her test results came out.

As she started to walk back up the lawn, a carefree floating sensation came over her. The exams were done and the sun beaming down on her made every thought and worry leave her head. All there was, was true happiness.

Ginny got the urge to walk alongside the lake in the sun as she spotted other classmates lazing around enjoying the fact that the exams were now over. Smiling, Ginny walked around the lake, a slight gentle breeze cooling her down from the heat of the sun. She passed the vegetable patch and then walked along the border of the Forbidden Forest until she noticed the Whomping Willow waving about in the sun.

Ginny got the urge to walk towards tree, picking up a long stick along the way. When she got close to the tree, she, for some reason, decided to push a knot in the tree trunk with the long stick and the Whomping Willow froze. Ginny hastily walked towards its trunk, and slid down into a secret passage way.

Along the dirt passage way she walked, not caring about anything but to keep walking. For a good fifteen minutes she walked until she came to a small opening and she found herself in a small dusty room, with broken furniture all over the place.

Sighing in content, Ginny walked along the dusty room and out into the hallway. She then turned, walking past the staircase and into another room which had a window with no glass in it over an unused sink. Ginny carefully climbed up onto the worktop, before jumping out of the window and onto the grounds surrounding the building. She then started to walk south heading towards the village but keeping to the shadows so no one would notice her.

When she reached the village she kept to the shadows. She had the sudden urge to make sure she stayed hidden, so she cast the Disillusionment Charm on herself. Slowly and carefully she then moved forwards along the road keeping out of the way of the villagers. It took her a good ten minutes before she reached the other end of the village. There, she saw an old stile just on a little lane leading up to the mountains. She carefully climbed over the stile and continued to walk along the path and up into the mountains.

There she carefully climbed the rocks and onto a hidden stony path that led her up the mountain. It took her a good a good twenty minutes climbing up the rocky path until she came to a small opening in the rockface and quietly slipped through the opening and into a small dimly lit cave.

Once she was inside the cave, the carefree, happy feeling faded away and Ginny suddenly realised just where she was. Why was she here? What had happened? What was going on?

“I’m so pleased that you could join us, Mrs. Potter,” came a voice and Ginny frowned in confusion whilst turning behind her.

There she saw two people blocking her way out of the cave. The one who had spoken had pale skin, was slightly freckled and had a mop of fair straw coloured hair. Ginny didn’t recognise him but the smaller man, with the colourless hair, and growing bald patch Ginny recognised from the wanted posters. The smaller man looked slightly afraid and he had a wild look in his eye, almost as if he were somewhere else.

“Well, say hello Wormtail,” the man with the straw coloured hair said.

“H-h-hello,” Pettigrew answered.

“God, man it’s only a child, and not even Potter,” The other man sneered. “If I didn’t have a use of you I would have buried you long ago. Now go send the note whist I play host.”

“Yes, alright,” Pettigrew answered hurriedly before grabbing a bit of parchment and walking out of cave.

“I’m sorry about him, he really is the most pathetic creature,” the straw hair-coloured man replied. “Anyway, welcome to my humble abode. I’m sorry about the hospitality but we don’t have anything better, being fugitives and all. But then I suppose I shouldn’t moan, it’s better than Azkaban.”

“Who are you?” Ginny replied carefully. “How am I here? What happened?”

“Ah the wonders of the Imperious Curse,” the man replied. “Brilliant little spell. It takes away one’s free will, although after last year I suppose you know all about that don’t you, Mrs. Potter?”

“What, Mrs…” Ginny asked, even more confused. She had no idea who this man was, or why he was calling her Mrs. Potter.

“All in good time,” he man said smiling, “Everything will be explained once your husband gets here.”

Husband? Now Ginny really was confused.

“I see you’re confused but there’s nothing to worry about,” the man told her. “Now if you would like to sit.”

“No,” Ginny said defiantly and lifted her wand towards the man.

“My dear child, I can cast spells that you couldn’t even dream up in your wildest nightmares. I also have no qualms on putting the Cruciatus Curse on you either, so I will repeat for the last time. Sit. Down.”

“No,” Ginny repeated.

“Crucio.”

It came at her in an instant. All she knew was all of a sudden she was on the floor, screams uncontrollably coming out of her mouth as pain upon pain wracked her body. As soon as the pain arrived, the pain disappeared, leaving Ginny sobbing quietly on the floor.

“Now where was I?” the man said, thinking out loud. “Oh yes, you see the reason we have brought you here today, Mrs. Potter, is to lure Harry out of the castle. Whilst we have demonstrated how easy it is to kidnap someone like you we suspect that the Imperious Curse wouldn’t quite work on Potter. So we had to give him a reason to come, and after finding out that he went down in the Chamber of Secrets for you, risking the Dark Lord and a Basilisk, we were quite certain that Harry would come to us. Plus, we thought you deserved to know the true face of Harry Potter. The lying and the deceitful manipulator that you have, against your own will, ended up married to.”

“I’m not married to Harry” Ginny replied. “You are crazy!”

“Am I, Mrs. Potter?” the man said sitting down opposite her in a chair he had just conjured. “Well I suppose I can’t be completely sane. No person would be after years of imprisonment.”

“Only one person has escaped from Azkaban,” Ginny told him.

“Ah how wrong you are,” the man said smiling at her. “You see Pettigrew is not the first person to escape that hell hole although he is the first person to have done so alone. No, Mrs. Potter, you see I am the true first Escapee of Azkaban. Although no one truly knows that I have escaped. As far as the world is aware, I’m dead.”

“Also, Azkaban is not the only prison, there are various prisons of different shapes and sizes,” the man explained. “Mine just happened to be my father, and the curse that brought you here.”

“What do you want?” Ginny asked him, wiping a bit of dirt from her face.

“Why, only what’s best for you, Mrs. Potter,” the man said while continuing to smile. “I only want you to learn the truth.”

“About what?” Ginny asked.

“Harry, of course!” he man said. “The lies and truths he has kept from you. The secrets the boy has.”

“What are they to you?” Ginny said. “And I would never betray Harry. I would take his secrets to the grave!”

“Ah, but Mrs. Potter,” the man taunted. “You do not know all of his secrets.”

“And you do?” Ginny said rather rudely.

“Why yes, I do,” the man replied. “It was rather fortunate that my friend Peter managed to slip into the Room of Requirement undetected and view the room with all of Harry’s secrets laid bare in front of a Pensieve. Whilst I make of a note of it I must thank Harry for making it easy for us to learn his secrets.”

“So, whilst we wait on your husband, tell me, what is a little tramp like you doing with Potter, anyway? You are a pureblood are you not? To fall in love with a half-blood, and not only that, but Harry Potter as well? To be honest the Weasleys have always been blood traitors but that just takes the biscuit, doesn’t it?”

Ginny stayed quiet, staring at the man in anger.

“So Mrs. Potter, what secrets of Potter’s do you already know?” the man continued. “What secrets has Harry been willing to share with you? The heir of Gryffindor perhaps? Simon and Estelle? My, those were a surprise I tell you. Especially Estelle. Now that was a difficult obstacle to get around. We didn’t think it was possible until her burning day came this week. We of course managed to kill Simon, he spotted Pettigrew talking to me, you see, and we couldn’t let Harry know about me, not right away. It would spoil the surprise so of course we had to kill the snake before he managed to speak to Potter.”

“Estelle was trickier, but then we got lucky,” he explained. “When we heard that Estelle was occupied with her burning day we knew the time to act was now, but after my duel with Harry, I admit I wasn’t as confident to go one on one with him again without leverage.”

“So that’s what I am then, leverage to make Harry do what you want?” Ginny asked.

“Partly yes, but your purpose here is so much more than just leverage, Mrs. Potter. Your purpose here is to ruin Harry. You see, he puts too much emphasis on his relationship with you, and your love for him. Take that away and Harry’s nothing.”

“Nothing would stop me from loving Harry!” Ginny declared.

“I wouldn’t be so sure about that, Mrs. Potter,” the man sneered. He opened his mouth to continue but there was scuffling noises from outside and both Ginny and the man turned to look at the entrance. There was silence for a couple of seconds before the unconscious body of Pettigrew was thrown into the cave and landed on top of the man, causing both to fall to the floor.

“I believe this piece of vermin belongs to you?” Harry said, entering the cave, his wand pointing out in front of him. Harry looked at Ginny and walked over to her and knelt down beside her.

“Everything is going to be okay,” Harry said gently to her. “I’ll get you back to the castle.”

“I wouldn’t make plans so quickly, Potter,” the man said, throwing the unconscious form of Pettigrew off of him.

“Crouch?” Ginny saw Harry say in confusion. “Barty Crouch?”

“The person who sent Sirius to Azkaban without a trial?” Ginny asked in confusion.

“No,” the man said standing up smiling. “His son.”

“You’re not meant to be here,” Harry said confused and Ginny eyed him on shock. Did it really matter if he was meant to be here or not? Why didn’t Harry just curse him and get them out of here?

“Oh yes, I’m still meant to be under my father’s Imperius Curse, aren’t I?” Crouch said smirking. “Funny how things work out.”

“Yeah, funny,” Harry muttered and Ginny could see concern in his eyes.

“Well, now that husband and wife have been reunited I think it’s high time we have a little chat,” Crouch said. “Time for your wife to learn just what type of person you are.”

“I have no idea why he keeps saying wife,” Ginny said to Harry.

“Harry does,” Crouch said smiling, “don’t you, Harry?”

“I think we need to leave,” Harry said. “Can you stand?”

“My body aches, he cursed it, hurt a lot,” Ginny mumbled.

“Yes the Cruciatus does that I’m afraid,” Crouch said smiling and Harry turned and raised his wand in anger. “Now now, you don’t want to do that.”

“I kind of think I do,” Harry replied angrily.

“But we have so much more to talk about,” Crouch continued. “Did you know, Mrs. Potter, that Harry knew exactly what Tom Riddle’s diary was from the very beginning? That he knew what it would make you do? And that he let it?”

“What?” Ginny said all thoughts suddenly thrown from her mind. That was ridiculous, there was no way. Harry wouldn’t, he loved her and cared for her. “If you think that I would believe lies like that then you really are insane.”

“Lies?” Crouch replied. “I don’t see Harry here calling them lies. You see, I told you I would show you the true nature of your husband here and I will. You see, the truth of the matter is that Harry has had memories of a rather exciting future. One I can’t wait to be a part of. But I digress. Part of these memories he has was the Chamber of Secrets, and what that diary did to you. Yet Harry decided to let it happen anyway. Just think about it, Mrs. Potter. The worst year of your life, the horror and shame of being forced to attack fellow students. The scared and terrifying year you had last year, all happened because of one Mr. Potter here, who decided that he should let his wife and the girl he apparently loves, get possessed by Voldemort. Now tell me, Mrs. Potter, does that sound like love to you?”

“He knew about the Philosopher’s Stone as well, you know, and the Dementors this year,” Crouch added smiling.

“That’s a lie,” Harry said quietly and Ginny felt relief. Of course it was all lies.

“Lie? As in only single? Not all of them? Which one, Harry?” Crouch smiled and Ginny froze in anticipation.

“I did not know about Pettigrew escaping,” Harry said carefully and Ginny felt her world fall apart. No, he didn’t know about the diary he didn’t!

“I must admit that’s true,” Crouch said nodding. “But you were planning on breaking him out of Azkaban yourself were you not?”

Harry didn’t reply but Ginny could see the answer in his face. What was going on? There was no way Harry, her Harry, would do these things. She didn’t understand, she couldn’t understand.

“Things are a lot more complicated then you are explaining, Crouch,” Harry told him.

“Are they really?” Crouch said smiling. “Everything that has happened you knew was going to happen before hand. Yet you decided to let the Dark Lord possess the person you claim to love. And why may I ask? Well I know why. You see, Mrs. Potter, when Dumbledore, oh yes Dumbledore knows all about this, when he asked Harry why he would let the Dark Lord possess you, he explained that he wanted you to love him.”

“You see that’s the reason you went through hell last year, Mrs. Potter, because Harry wanted to manipulate and trick you into loving him. And it worked; I must say congrats, Mr. Potter. Harry hasn’t denied it, hasn’t denied he has memories of the future, or that he knew of the Chamber of Secrets. The only thing he has denied and which I confirm is true is that he didn’t know about Pettigrew escaping. He even knew about me.”

“Things are more complicated than that,” Harry said to her but Ginny was shaking her head.

“Did you?” Ginny said desperately. She tried to stop them but she couldn’t help the tears that were growing in her eyes. “Did you know?”

“He hasn’t explained everything,” Harry said.

“But did you know?!” Ginny exclaimed. “Is he telling the truth?! Did you know?!”

“I’m not going to lie to you, Ginny,” Harry said gently.

“That would be a yes, Mrs. Potter” Crouch said smirking and Ginny couldn’t help the sob that escaped her.

“You shut up,” Harry said pointing his wand at Crouch.

“You see, now don’t you, Mrs. Potter, the true Harry Potter, the liar and the manipulator,” Crouch said ignoring Harry. “The secrets he kept from you, weren’t to protect you, it was to protect himself from you. How do you feel, Mrs. Potter, knowing you are unwillingly married to this monster? The person who allowed you to get possessed, to allow you to be taken down into the Chamber of Secrets and nearly killed?

“Shut up!” Harry said. “Ginny listen to me, he is twisting the truth, it’s not like he’s making it out to be.”

“Did you or did you not know about Tom Riddle’s diary? Do you not have, in amongst those memories of the future you received, a memory of her being taken down in to the Chamber?” Crouch asked innocently.

“Ginny, you have to listen to me” Harry said urgently. “He’s twisting the truth into lies, please believe me.”

“Why should she, Potter?” Crouch sneered to him. “You’re a twisted sneaky manipulator who only cares from himself.”

Harry turned around and waved his wand, casting a spell at Crouch. Crouch raised a shield and laughed.

“Can’t handle the truth, Potter?”

“You know nothing!” Harry said angrily to him.

“I know everything! Thank to your memories. And now when I return to the Dark Lord, Everything is going to change! And you will lose everything!” Crouch cheered and then looked over to Ginny. “If you haven’t lost it already.”

Harry screamed in anger and waved his wand. Crouch raised another shield but it wasn’t enough as Crouch and shield flew across the cave and banged into the back of the wall, knocking him out. There was silence between Harry and Ginny as they both looked over the unconscious form of Crouch.

“Serves him right,” Harry muttered before carefully making his way over to Ginny. Ginny raised her wand at Harry, unsure what to do, or what to think.

“Ginny, please,” Harry said and Ginny noticed the desperation in his voice. “I can explain. He was twisting the truth into something that isn’t true.”

“You knew about the Chamber of Secrets!” Ginny hissed at him.

“I did,” Harry said sighing. “But it’s more complicated than that!”

“How, how could it be more complicated than that! Either you didn’t know about it or you knew about it and didn’t stop it!” Ginny exclaimed.

“Please, Ginny,” Harry said desperately.

“No, Harry!” Ginny said. “I don’t want to hear it. Just lead the way back to the castle.”

Harry moved closer to Ginny but Ginny took a step away from him.

“I’m not going to hurt you,” Harry told her gently and Ginny couldn’t help a small laugh escape her lips.

“Not going to hurt me?” Ginny shouted, tears rolling down her cheeks. “You’ve already hurt me, Harry! You let Voldemort possess me! Nearly kill me!”

“I didn’t want to,” Harry said quietly. “But I made a promise. And I took the diary away from you, remember!”

“Yes, and then you gave it back to me!” Ginny shouted back. “Allowed me to get taken down into the Chamber!”

“No!” Harry said shaking his head. “I didn’t!”

“You told me to put the necklace into your trunk, into the compartment!” Ginny screamed at him. “You knew the diary was in there.”

“I forgot,” Harry said hurriedly. “I was so ecstatic that you said you loved me that I didn’t think. I made a mistake and I’m sorry, but I didn’t mean to have you taken down into the Chamber, you have to believe me!”

“How can I?” Ginny replied, “How can I trust anything you say?”

“Please, Ginny!” Harry said desperately. “I can explain everything! Remember at the beginning of the week. You said no matter what my secrets were you would still love me! Please if you meant that then please listen.”

“How could you possibly explain this!” Ginny hissed at him “How could you possibly explain what you did to me? How you decided to let me get possessed by Voldemort?”

“I didn’t make that decision,” Harry said quietly.

“What, is there someone else with memories of the future?” Ginny sarcastically asked. “Or wait I know, Dumbledore decided to let his student get possessed by Voldemort!”

“Ginny, please!” Harry said desperately.

“I’ve had enough,” Ginny said walking gingerly to the cave entrance, “Just take me back Harry.”

“Ginny, please,” Harry begged but Ginny had enough, she raised her wand again and pointed it right at Harry.

“Take. Me. Back,” Ginny said slowly and dangerously. Harry eyed her for a minute or two before nodding his head.

-oOoOoOoOo-

Ginny lay in the hospital wing, her friends and family surrounding her. She hadn’t said a word since they arrived back in the castle, where Harry led her to the hospital wing. There, Madam Pomfrey gave her a look over and a potion to counteract the Cruciatus Curse. Ginny looked around at her family and friends, all looking concerned for her.

“Well, Ms. Weasley,” Madam Pomfrey said. “You have very little nerve damage, you weren’t held under the Cruciatus Curse for too long. I guess Potter got there quick enough. Although what that boy was thinking chasing after you like that. He should have left it for the Aurors! Thank god neither of you were killed.”

“Yeah,” Ginny said not really paying attention.

“Drink this,” Madam Pomfrey said and Ginny drank the potion. As she did the aches from the left over torture curse started to fade.

“I wonder where Harry is,” Hermione said.

“As long as it’s away from me I don’t care,” Ginny muttered and everyone looked at her in shock.

“Ginny?” Her mother asked her shocked. “What do you mean…?”

“I mean Harry is not who you think, and I hate him and never want to see him again,” Ginny muttered.

“Now young lady, you need to stop blaming him for what Pettigrew did!” Her mother scolded her.

“Pettigrew? You have no idea, Mum, no idea,” Ginny said, shaking her head. She didn’t really understand why she wasn’t telling them the truth about Harry, she couldn’t understand it herself. All she knew is that she simply wanted to forget that day, forget everything, and forget Harry. Ginny heard the doors of the hospital wing open but she didn’t bother looking.

“Can we have a private word with Ms. Weasley please?” Ginny heard Dumbledore say but she ignored him.

“Headmaster…” Ginny heard her mother protest but her father interrupted her.

“Now, now, if the headmaster would like a word with her in private then it must be important Molly, come, let’s wait outside,” Mr. Weasley said standing up. “Come on kids, let’s give them some time.”

Ginny heard the chairs around her bed scrape the floor as her friends got up and left the hospital wing. Ginny looked over at her parents who smiled at her before they too left the hospital wing. Madam Pomfrey eyed the headmaster dangerously before she also left them and went into her office.

“I said I didn’t want to see him!” Ginny hissed.

“Please, Ginny, I can explain!” Harry responded.

“You can’t!” Ginny hissed back. “Now get out!”

“Ms. Weasley, we must talk,” Dumbledore said gently.

“How could you let him do it?” Ginny asked the headmaster suddenly. “You knew, I’m guessing Sirius too. You knew about this, about his memories. How could let him do that to me?!”

“I can explain, Ginny,” Harry said gently.

“No you can’t, it’s impossible to explain. You let me get possessed by Voldemort. How you could let him make that decision I will never know and I don’t want to,” she added to Dumbledore. “I want you out now!” Ginny said to the three of them.

“Ginny, please, I love you,” Harry said desperately

“You don’t know what love is!” Ginny hissed back. “How could you when you grew up half your life with the Dursleys! Now get out!”

Dumbledore opened his mouth to speak but Ginny had enough.

“GET. OUT.” Ginny screamed.

“Ginny…” Sirius tried but Ginny wasn’t having any of it.

“GET OUT! GET OUT! GET OUT!” Ginny screamed with all her might. “And if I ever see you again Harry James Potter, it will be a day too soon!”
Reviews 545
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear