Search:

SIYE Time:11:23 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Erasing The Future
By Moxterminator

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe, Post-HBP
Characters:All, Harry/Ginny
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Fluff, General, Humor, Romance, Tragedy
Warnings: Extreme Language, Mild Sexual Situations, Violence
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 545
Summary: Harry goes back in time to redo his Hogwarts years after losing the war, his family, and his wife, Ginny Potter, to Voldemort. Changes need to be made, but can all changes be good? Years 1-4
Hitcount: Story Total: 396283; Chapter Total: 4115
Awards: View Trophy Room






ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Ginny was released from the hospital wing that Sunday morning. She carefully walked out of the hospital wing and looked down the corridor. Harry had tried to come and see her twice since Friday but she didn’t let him anywhere near her. Her friends of course wondered what had gone on and had asked and then demanded her to tell them, but she didn’t. She didn’t quite understand why she wasn’t telling them. The idea that they still thought of Harry as a good person almost made Ginny vomit in her mouth. Ginny shook her head at the thought of Harry. The past thirty-six hours she had tried to come to terms with the idea that Harry had known about Tom Riddle’s diary from the start. That he manipulated her and allowed her to get possessed by Voldemort, for her to be taken down into the chamber. Harry said he didn’t let that happen but could she really trust what he said anymore? She turned the corner and noticed she was now in the entrance hall, she didn’t feel like breakfast so she walked over to the grand staircase and walked up to go to her dormitory.

As she walked along the corridor she thought of everything she knew about Harry. She tried not to but she couldn’t help it. The boy she knew most of her life, the person she gave her heart to had betrayed her. She knew Harry had secrets but never in her wildest dreams had she thought it was along the lines of this. How could the boy she knew, the loving caring boy who she fell in love with turn out to be this monster! She didn’t know, she couldn’t understand, she had felt so loved by him even when she didn’t know he loved her. She felt truly connected with him.

But then she learnt the truth. The problem was it didn’t match the Harry she had known all these years. It didn’t match the person she had fallen in love with. She was waiting with bated breath for Harry to deny her fears and simple say that Crouch was lying. But she was kept waiting as Harry didn’t deny his claims. He did say that it was a twisted truth. But how twisted could a simple fact be. And the simple fact was that Harry knew of the diary and let it happen. Harry had tried to explain but she didn’t even give him a chance. He didn’t deserve it, did he?

But as Ginny walked the corridors of Hogwarts, she couldn’t help but have a nagging doubt in the back of her mind. Was she really going to just take a word of a Death Eater who wanted to hurt Harry, over the boy she loved, and the headmaster? That had thrown her for a loop when it was revealed that the headmaster knew of the diary too and let her have it. What was so special about her having this diary? Why did she need to have it? She knew where to get the answers but she couldn’t even think about Harry without getting mad. She didn’t want to see him for a long, long time, but she wanted answers! Was there anyone that she could go to for answers?

All of a sudden a flash of fire appeared in front of her and Ginny spotted Harry’s phoenix Estelle flying towards her. Ginny stopped as Estelle flew to the nearest window and settled onto the window ledge.

“Hello, Ginny,” Estelle sang and Ginny’s eyes widened in shock. She understood her.

“Yes, you understand me,” Estelle sang. “You have been able to for a while. But Harry and I made the decision not to explain this right away.

So another secret Harry had kept from her.

“Please don’t be mad at Harry,” Estelle sang to her and Ginny frowned in anger.

“Don’t be mad!” Ginny hissed at the song bird. “Do you realise everything Harry has done!”

“I’m connected to Harry just as much as I’m connected to you,” Estelle sang out. “I have seen inside Harry’s heart and memories being bonded to him. And consequently to you.”

“How can a phoenix be bound to two people,” Ginny asked confused.

“Normally you can’t but in yours and Harry’s situation there is an exception,” Estelle said cryptically. “Look, Ginny I know you’re confused and angry. I understand that completely. And I’m sorry I couldn’t help you on Friday; Burning Days don’t come around too often but when they do it takes a couple of days to regrow. Otherwise I would have been there by your side. I know you are too angry at Harry to listen but I beg you to listen to me.”

“Can Harry really explain why he let me get possessed by Voldemort? Is there a true reason why Harry let the worst experience in my life happen to me?” Ginny said heatedly.

“Actually, yes,” Estelle sang gently.

“You think there is an actual reason that makes that forgivable?” Ginny asked in disbelief.

“There’s one reason yes, which is the reason,” Estelle explained.

“Oh please,” Ginny drawled. “Please tell me this magical reason that will spare Harry my anger. What was the reason Harry decided to make my first year a living hell? Because he wanted me to love him!”

“No, Ginny,” Estelle sang. “That was never the true reason, if you wish I can explain. Just give me the chance to show you.”

“Oh please try,” Ginny said smirking.

“Just grab a hold of my tail and I will take you to the Room of Requirement,” Estelle sang. Ginny eyed the phoenix reluctantly but she couldn’t help the nagging feeling of doubt in the back of her mind still. After all, phoenixes were light; if Estelle trusted Harry, there had to be a reason right?

“How long will this take?” Ginny asked irritated.

“Half an hour at most,” Estelle replied.

“And you think that whatever you have to show me will spare Harry my anger?” Ginny asked disbelieving.

“Not all of it,” Estelle said “but it will explain Tom’s diary, which, I am guessing, is what is bothering you most. So much so, that you won’t let Harry explain.”

“Fine then,” Ginny said. “Call me intrigued. Let’s give this, whatever it is, a shot, then you can stop bugging me.”

“Just grab a hold of my tail feathers,” Estelle said and Ginny sighed whilst grabbing onto Estelle. In a burst of flame she found herself in what looked like a small round room. A pensieve sat on top of a table, surrounded by vials of silver liquid.

“All memories,” Estelle explained. “All of Harry’s which he got from his future self.”

“Why did he do this, to let Pettigrew find them like this,” Ginny asked looking around.

“The room itself is warded so that only yourself, Harry, Dumbledore and Sirius can enter it,” Estelle explained.

“So how did Pettigrew and Crouch get in,” Ginny asked.

“We are not sure. That is what Dumbledore and Harry are asking them at the moment,” Estelle explained.

“They are still about?” Ginny asked suddenly afraid.

“Dumbledore has them safely locked up,” Estelle sang. “But it is too dangerous to let them go with the information they have gathered from these memories. Why, you will see when you view them yourself. But the first and most important memory is the one at the front; the one Harry was going to show you first thing. Once you have viewed it, you can decide afterwards whether to view the rest or walk away and continue to hate Harry for the rest of your life.”

“Fine,” Ginny huffed and looked at the pensieve and the small vial of silver liquid which was the memory. “What do I have to do?”

“Just poor the liquid into the pensieve, and then put your head in, the rest will happen on its own,” Estelle explained. Knowing that she had no other choice, Ginny picked up the memory and poured it into pensieve. Once she had done, she looked at Estelle one last time before sighing and sticking her head into the pensieve. Swirls of colours rushed past her as she felt a lurch as she was thrown deep inside the pensieve and deep inside the memory.
-oOoOoOoOo-

Ginny saw herself on a mouldy mattress on top of a wooden bed, her older self couldn’t be more than eighteen, nineteen. The room the bed was in was dusty but had decorations of Gryffindor colours everywhere. Ginny looked around as she saw photos of Harry’s parents and Sirius surrounding the room. And there, sitting at the desk was Harry himself. Older looking and more ruggedly handsome than he was now. Ginny quickly shook that thought from her mind and started to wonder why this particular memory would explain Harry’s behaviour regarding the Chamber of Secrets.

“You know you go over the same bits of paper every night,” Ginny sighed.

“There has to be a way!” Harry said urgently. “I can’t let him win, Ginny.”

“I know love, I understand,” Ginny replied. “But it’s our wedding night, most couples, you know, celebrate that by other means than reading old bits of parchment.”

Harry chuckled as he looked over to his newly wedded wife.

“And I will quite happily help you celebrate,” Harry said laughing. “You know how much of a hot body you have.”

“Why, yes, I do,” Ginny said rubbing her knuckles on her shoulder, “I know exactly how hot I am, Harry, which is why I’m ever so confused why you’re turning me down.”

“Not turning you down, just postponing,” Harry said looking back over the parchments chuckling.

“Do you think you will find an answer tonight, love?” Ginny asked him gently.

“No idea,” Harry sighed. “But the only way I will find out is by looking.”

“I know how much this idea means to you, Harry,” Ginny said gently. “Going back in time, or at least, sending memories back in time is a wonderful idea, but no one has ever done it before.”

“That we know of,” Harry said. “There is this one rumour of someone doing it in the early thirteen hundreds.”

“And that is all there is, Harry,” Ginny said gently. “Please don’t get me wrong, you know I support you in this one hundred percent, for both of us to go back in time and change things. It would be a miracle, and something I would quite happily do if it meant saving my family and everyone we knew. But Harry, the chances of us finding the answer tonight is slim to none.”

“Better chance tonight than any other night,” Harry explained.

“But not every other night is going to be our wedding night!” Ginny said gently and Harry turned to her and smiled

“You’re right, once again,” Harry said smiling. “You would think by now I would be used to it. The amount of times you were right and I was wrong.”

“Harry,” Ginny said smiling, “Do you want to know what my mum told me was the secret of a good marriage when I was younger?”

“Of course, love,” Harry said walking over to the bed and sitting down next to Ginny.

“No matter what, the wife is always right!” Ginny said smirking, causing Harry to burst out into laughter.

“Oh trust me, I know that one already,” Harry said between laughs. “Between every stupid decision I made with us, breaking up with you, I’ve learnt that lesson already!”

“Well breaking up with me just so that Voldemort wouldn’t come after me was kind of stupid!” Ginny said laughing.

“Heck, I’m male, we do stupid things!” Harry said shrugging.

“Oh that I can agree upon!” Ginny said before sighing and leaning back onto the headboard of the bed. “I actually had a thought the other day about the time travel.”

“Oh?” Harry said intrigued.

“I wondered what would happen if one of us died before we managed to figure out a way to send our memories back,” Ginny said sombrely.

“Don’t think that!” Harry told her forcefully. “We will go back together.”

“I’m not naïve, Harry,” Ginny scolded him gently. “And neither are you. You know there is a very good chance that one of us could be killed before we go back. And if it’s me, and you send your memories back on your own, I want you to do something for me.”

“Okay?” Harry said confused.

“What would be the first thing you changed?” Ginny asked him suddenly and Harry frowned in thought.

“Well the most logical decision would to send the memories to my eleven year old self,” Harry said thoughtfully. “And first year went pretty okay apart from facing Voldemort at the end. But with my future memories that wouldn’t be a problem to do again, so I think the first thing would be to make sure you didn’t get the diary. I guess that would be the first thing we would need to change.”

“Yeah,” Ginny said uneasily. “It’s just that, if it’s only you that goes back in time, I want you to let me have the diary!”

“EXCUSE ME!” Harry shouted in shock at Ginny. “WHAT DO YOU MEAN, ‘LET ME HAVE THE DIARY,’ YOU WANT ME TO LET YOU GET POSSESED BY VOLDEMORT! ARE YOU MAD!”

“Please calm down, Harry,” Ginny said hurriedly.

“Calm down? Calm down?” Harry asked her in complete confusion. “My wife just told me she wanted me to let Voldemort possess her eleven year old self all year and nearly get killed in the process. Sure, what is there to be mad about with that?”

“Please let me explain,” Ginny said quickly. “There are many things that need changing in the past if we managed to succeed. But there is one thing I don’t want to change. And that is who I’ve become today!”

“Now, like it or not, but who I am today is a direct result of what happened my first year of school,” Ginny continued. “What happened to me down in that chamber made me who I am today. There are many things we need to plan to change, my love, but the one thing I don’t want to change, the one thing I ask you not to change, is who I have become.”

“I know you won’t like it, but I don’t want to change myself. And the Chamber of Secrets played a very important role in who I have become. I know it’s a really big ask. But it’s the only thing I ask of you. So please respect my decision.”

“You think your younger self will understand when I tell her everything?” Harry asked her.

“Not right away,” Ginny said smiling. “But I figured out that I liked who I was and the reasons I was that person just before my third year at Hogwarts. If you wait, until the summer of Nineteen Ninety Four, and tell me everything then, then yes, I truly think I will understand. But Harry, you can’t tell anyone the true reason. You can’t tell anyone before you told me. And then and only then, when my younger self has decided to tell Dumbledore or not the true reason behind it can you possibly tell anyone.”

“So what am I meant to tell Dumbledore?” Harry asked, eyebrows raised.

“I don’t know, tell him, tell him that you rescuing me from the Chamber of Secrets made me fall in love with you or something,” Ginny said shrugging.

“Did it?” Harry asked, intrigued.

“No, but then, no one else needs to know that right?” Ginny replied.

Ginny suddenly felt herself being lifted out of the Pensieve and thrown back into the Room the Requirement, her mind swirling with the information that she had just learnt. Harry didn’t make the decision to let her have the diary. She did! Another memory came to the forefront of her mind just then as well. When she and Harry were in the Room of Requirement and she was organising her mind and organising her memories of last year. The conversation she and Harry had afterwards was eerily similar to that of their wedding night in the future. Smiling, knowing that maybe, just maybe, Harry was still the person she had fallen in love with, she started to look over the rest of the memories and all of Harry’s secrets.

-oOoOoOoOoOo-

Harry stood in Dumbledore’s office waiting patiently for Sirius and Dumbledore to arrive. Harry had tried to visit Ginny that morning but she had left before he got there. He knew that Ginny was angry at him and he understood, but it wasn’t entirely his fault. Whilst Crouch had told the truth, he had left bits out and he was certain there were parts he didn’t know. The problem was that Ginny out right refused to even be in his presence. Harry heard foot steps outside of the headmaster’s office and Harry watched as Dumbledore and Sirius strode into the office.

“So what are we going to do about Crouch and Pettigrew?” Sirius asked.

“Do you think you can get some Veritaserum?” Harry asked. “Of course without Snape listening in.”

“You want some more information from them?” Sirius asked.

“Well I want to know how Pettigrew escaped,” Harry said. “I also want to know why Crouch is here. He wasn’t meant to turn up yet.”

“I can go to Severus’ private store and get some,” Dumbledore said nodding.

“Good,” Harry said. “I just hope things don’t get worse from this mess.”

“It’s not your fault,” Sirius said to Harry.

“I am the one that’s changing time,” Harry said. “Everything that happened to Ginny this past week is because I got Pettigrew caught. My fault. And Ginny might never speak to me again.”

“I’m sure once she calms down and allows you to explain things, things will get better,” Dumbledore assured him.

“If you think she is going to calm down anytime soon, you don’t know Ginny!” Harry replied. “If only I could get her to view my memories. Then that will explain everything.”

“In the meantime, let’s deal with Pettigrew and Crouch,” Harry muttered.

Whilst Dumbledore went to retrieve the truth potion from Snape, Harry and Sirius walked to the Room of Requirement where Crouch and Pettigrew were being kept. Dumbledore had moved them into there and changed the room itself into a prison cell.

It was lunch time so most people were down in the Great Hall. Harry had been trying to keep an eye on Ginny through the Marauder’s Map but at times he found it hard to find her name amongst the masses He had originally thought that Ginny had been taken again but Estelle assured him that Ginny was safe and sound and that she was looking over her.

Once Dumbledore had arrived back with a small vile of clear liquid, the three of them entered the room. There were two separate cells in the room, the one on the left held Pettigrew whilst the one on the right held Crouch.

“Which one to question first?” Sirius asked.

“Let’s start with Pettigrew,” Harry said moving over to the traitorous rat. “He was the one who broke out of Azkaban. And I’m guessing it was his actions that led Crouch to be here. So I think we should start with him.”

Dumbledore opened the cell and walked over to the unconscious form of Peter Pettigrew and slipped three drops of the truth serum in his mouth. Once he had walked out of the cell, he closed the door, locked it, and then cast the reviving spell on Pettigrew.

Pettigrew’s gaze stared straight ahead, his eyes glazed over, his face slack.

“Can you hear us?” Dumbledore asked Pettigrew.

“Yes,” came the monotone voice of Pettigrew.

“I would like for you to tell us, how you escaped Azkaban,” Dumbledore stated clearly.

“It was more along the lines of luck,” Pettigrew began. “When I first arrived at Azkaban I was immediately put in the cell and a Dementor stayed outside the door constantly. I relived hundreds of memories. All of them dreadful and pitiful, showing just how bad I was at magic, and just how useless I was, to my friends, to the Order, to Voldemort.”

“It went on like that for a while, the days, weeks, months and years blended together and soon I didn’t realise how long I had been there for. It was only the clockwork meals for breakfast and dinner that I had any inkling to how much time I had spent in the cell.”

“That is until one time there was a commotion two floors above me. I never knew what or who had caused the commotion. All I knew was that the Dementors had to rush off, leaving my cell door for the first time since I had arrived. All of a sudden the fog had lifted and I realised exactly what was going on. I transformed at once into Wormtail and started to desperately look for a gap around the door, but there wasn’t one.”

“I tried and tried to chew through the door but I knew how thick the door was so soon gave up,” Pettigrew continued. “I went disappointed back to the corner and that’s where I noticed the hole. The hole you use to relief yourself. I knew it was disgusting, but it was my only hope, so I quickly raced across the room and down into the sewers.”

“Down there the effects of the Dementors lessoned and the further into the sewers and pipes I went the sooner I was able to think more clearly then I had in years. I knew then that I never wanted to go back to my cell. But I also knew that when someone would notice my cell missing this would be the first place they looked. So I decided to keep close, not close enough so that the Dementors would affect me, but close enough so that I knew when they would be removed when a ministry official came to visit so I could pop back into my cell and trick the guards into thinking I was still in my cell.”

“I continued to do this over my years in Azkaban, and I soon learnt every nook and cranny of that place,” Pettigrew continued to explain. “I soon left the high risk area of the prison and managed to find my way to the staff quarters. There I managed to nick food from the kitchens and stop myself from starving. There, I also managed to keep track of time and when visits were scheduled so I would know when to return to my cell and keep up the pretence of still being imprisoned. You see every time there is a visit the Dementors are removed from your area, so the ministry officials aren’t affected themselves. So there was no risk of going back to my cell and have the Dementors affect me again.

“The ability to escape presented itself eventually in the summer of last year. I had given up hope of getting off the island, and had decided that my life in the staff quarters of the prison was as good as I was going to get. So I resigned myself to live the rest of my days there. That is, until the minister decided to visit. I had watched the docking area constantly that day and soon enough the minister arrived. I raced back down to my cell which I hadn’t been in for days and wrote a message on the wall threatening Harry Potter.”

“After, I raced to the docks, and sure enough there was the minister’s boat. I snuck on board and waited until the minister came back. Safely hidden below deck, the minister’s boat carried me away from Azkaban and to the main land.”

Harry looked over at Sirius and Dumbledore.

“Well that explained a lot,” Sirius muttered.

“Shows an extreme lack in security,” Dumbledore said frowning. “I will secretly start suggesting we look at the exploits Pettigrew managed to use to see this doesn’t happen again.”

“Why did you want to go after Harry?” Sirius asked him.

“It was Harry’s fault that I was caught in the first place,” Pettigrew answered. “I wanted revenge. I also knew that if I managed to take Harry Potter to Voldemort then I would be welcomed joyfully and unconditionally by the Dark Lord. I would have somewhere I would belong again.”

“How does Crouch come into play?” Harry asked.

“I was visiting a pub near the border of Dorset and Devon,” Pettigrew started. “I was tired and hungry and wanted to sleep in an actual bed. There was this Muggle pub that did food and a bed for a night so I transformed for the first time back into human form.

“There I met Bertha Jorkins,” Pettigrew explained. “She recognised me immediately. I managed to convince her to allow us to move away from the Muggles in order for them not to get hurt. We went into a local field. I managed to surprise her by attacking whilst she had her back turned. I took her wand and stunned her.”

“Now I had a problem,” Pettigrew continued. “I couldn’t leave her there, with the memory of where I was, so I put her under the Imperious Curse, and I took her to the only person I knew I had a chance of trusting. Severus Snape.”

“Snape!” Harry shouted in shock. “Snape has been helping you all year?”

“Yes,” Pettigrew answered. “He was the one that passed us the information of Ginny Potter’s class schedule so that we could kidnap her to lure Harry Potter out of the grounds.”

“We will deal with this information later, Harry,” Dumbledore said before turning back to Pettigrew.

“What happened when you arrived at Snape’s?” Dumbledore asked him.

“Snape took us in, hid us, and then bemoaned me for being caught so quickly,” Pettigrew Said. “He then informed me that the Weasleys and Harry were visiting Diagon Alley that day. He had connections in the Ministry Floo regulators office which could connect his Floo to the Weasley’s. All I had to do was watch for when Harry went past our Floo connection and try and grab him whilst Snape dealt with Bertha Jorkins.”

“And how did he deal with her?” Sirius asked.

“Whilst Snape was using Legilimency on her he noticed that she had a corner of her mind that was under the Memory Charm. He spent hours breaking into her mind and torturing her until the charm broke and Snape learnt of Crouch being held captive by his father. After he had learnt everything from Bertha, he killed her and buried her.” Pettigrew told them.

“After he learnt that I had failed to acquire Harry Potter through the Floo, he decided we should go visit Crouch and free him, then together, me and Crouch could try and kidnap Harry and take him to the Dark Lord whilst Snape’s cover as Dumbledore’s spy stayed intact.”

“What happened when you arrived to free Crouch?” Harry asked.

“Snape put Crouch Senior instantly under an Imperious Curse,” Pettigrew explained. “We freed Crouch Junior and told him of our plans to capture Harry to take him to the Dark Lord. He was initially unwilling, wanted to find the Dark Lord first, but we soon pointed out that we had no idea where the Dark Lord was hiding. So he agreed, hoping that capturing Harry would lead to information to where the Dark Lord was. Snape and Crouch have been writing to each other all year trying to figure out a way to get Harry to Crouch whilst I’ve been looking after Crouch’s father.”

“How did you get the potion to me to relive my memories over and over?” Harry asked.

“We used the Crouch’s house-elf, Winky, to spike your food that morning,” Pettigrew explained, “One extra house-elf in the Hogwarts kitchens wasn’t going to be noticed.”

“What was your plan with Ginny?” Harry asked.

“She was simply a means to an end, to get Harry and hurt him,” Pettigrew answered. “We were going to let her live for a while to make Harry suffer knowing she hated him, and then kill her during the summer. We were hoping that the threat against Ginny would mean Harry would tell us where Voldemort was, if he knew.

“And after you killed Ginny and learnt where Voldemort was?” Harry asked them although he already knew the answer.

“We would go find the Dark Lord and help him return giving our lives a purpose again.” Pettigrew answered.



-oOoOoOoOoOo-

Ginny woke up on Wednesday morning intrigued about what she was going to learn today. After watching the memory of her and Harry’s wedding night in the future she cautiously started watching the memories in the order Estelle had told her. She hadn’t managed to get very far since she had only been viewing Harry’s memories for two days. But she was part way through the third year of the original timeline. To think, that Harry didn’t live with the Sirius, that he stayed with the Dursleys, was heart breaking to Ginny. The more she viewed the memories the more she realised just how grave Harry’s life truly had been.

What she hated as well was her reaction to Harry. She scoffed in disgust at how she had acted around him. Acted like he was someone other than her simple Harry. Of course he wasn’t just her simple Harry. These memories proved that, but it still disappointed her that she allowed herself in the other timeline to behave like she had. How had she and Harry ever got together when all she did when she got near him was blush? She was going crazy trying to figure it out, but she also knew that she would find out eventually. There were a lot of memories to go through. But she knew she had time to go through them.

She hadn’t been to class yet that week. Although she knew she would get in trouble, if Dumbledore knew about these memories, then she hoped the headmaster would step in if McGonagall ever spoke to her about blowing of the last week of lessons. It wasn’t like they were important; they had already had the exams.

She hadn’t spoken to Harry yet, though she knew she should. She should tell him that she had seen the true reason why the Chamber of Secrets happened. And she also knew that Harry couldn’t bear to see her like that, so he had ignored her future self-wishes and took the diary away from her.

After finishing the second year memories and realizing just how many more attacks there would have been if it weren’t for Harry she almost decided to go see him and tell him she wasn’t that mad at him anymore. But something held her back. She didn’t know why, but there was a nagging feeling that she wanted to view all the memories before facing Harry again. There was one thing for certain though. She never in her wildest dreams expected anything like this to be his secret.

Once Ginny had a quick breakfast, she quickly headed up to the Room the Requirement but when she got there, she frowned when she couldn’t get the room to open. Confusion washed over her before she tried again. Once again the Room of Requirement remained shut. No door appeared. She was just about to call for Estelle when the door appeared by itself. Confused, she went out to reach it when the door fully opened and Harry appeared from the other side.

There was shock on both of their faces. This was the first time either one had really been in each other’s company since that night in the hospital wing and Ginny had screamed at him that she never wanted to see him again. Behind Harry stood Sirius and Dumbledore, both looking at Ginny with interest.

“Hmm, hi,” Ginny said, unsure of what to say.

“Hi,” Harry said quietly.

“Sorry,” Harry said. “We were just leaving.”

“Right, of course,” Ginny said again, shifting uncomfortably.

“Maybe Ginny has an idea of what we can do, Harry?” Dumbledore said gently and Ginny was shocked that the headmaster wanted her help in something.

“She won’t want to know,” Harry said quietly.

“Who says, Potter,” Ginny said angrily.

“Well, Ms. Weasley,” Dumbledore said, turning to go back into the room and the others followed. “The problem we have is of your kidnappers. We have a problem that they have very delicate information that we do not want them knowing.”

“Won’t the Memory Charm work?” Ginny asked, confused as she looked at her unconsciousness captors in their cells.

“The problem with Memory Charms is that they can be broken,” Harry said quietly.

“Well, why were you stupid enough to put all your memories out in a line for them to view anyway,” Ginny asked.

“You see, Ms. Weasley,” Dumbledore started to explain. “If the memories themselves aren’t inside your head, whilst you know the information itself, you won’t be able to visualize it in your mind. Therefore nor would a skilled Legilimens be able to view them. Nor would a Dementor be able to force you to relive them.”

“Then take their memories out,” Ginny said as if it was simple.

“Take their memories out?” Harry asked confused.

“Yeah, Potter,” Ginny said rolling her eyes. “Take the memories of them seeing yours out of their heads. Then put the strongest Memory Charm Dumbledore can do on them. That way they can’t tell anyone what they know nor can anyone break into their minds and view them themselves because the memories themselves won’t be in there!”

“Ginny!” Harry exclaimed. “That’s brilliant!”

“Would that work?” Sirius asked the headmaster.

“I believe it would,” Dumbledore said his eyes twinkling. “That was very astute thinking, fifty points to Gryffindor.”

“You see, you should have told Ginny the truth earlier,” Sirius quipped and Ginny glared at Sirius.

“Are you finished then, I’ve got things to do,” Ginny said uneasily.

“Ginny, I do want to explain, if you would listen,” Harry said quickly.

“Enough, Harry,” Ginny said sighing. “Just leave me be for a while.”

“But Ginny.”

“Are you really going to argue with your possible future wife?” Ginny asked.

“I thought it was current wife?” Sirius said confused.

“Current wife?” Ginny asked confused. “I know Harry and I get married in the future but how can we be married now? I thought Crouch was calling me Mrs. Potter simply because we get married in the future…”

“I can explain that,” Harry said uneasily.

“Are you telling me,” Ginny said slowly. “That we are actually married, right now? That I’m your wife, right now!”

“Err yes?” Harry said questionably, obviously wandering if it would set Ginny off again. Ginny sighed at all the secrets that Harry had, but this one was important. Harry was her actual husband! Actual husband, she was married and barely thirteen!

“Right, I don’t want to know,” Ginny said shaking her head in disbelief. She couldn’t believe it. “Just do what you have to with Crouch and Pettigrew and then tell me when the Room is free.”

Ginny turned and walked out of the room confused at how they could possibly be married right now. So apparently she was Mrs. Potter, that was why Crouch kept calling her that! But how? Well, she guessed the answer would be in the memories of future Harry. So when they had finished she would just have to get Estelle to show her the right memory to view.

It was another fifteen minutes whilst she waited in the hallway for Harry, Dumbledore and Sirius to come back out of the room.

“Well?” Ginny asked.

“Memories removed, and Memory Charm put on them,” Harry said. “We then put a compulsion charm on both of them to find Voldemort, and then Dumbledore sent them by Port Key to the middle of the New forest. Everything should be fine.”

“Wait, find Voldemort?” Ginny said shaking her head. “Why would you want them to find Voldemort?”

“I can explain!” Harry said again.

“Your memories? The answer is in them?” Ginny asked.

“Yes,” Harry said gently. “If you would please just let me…”

“I’m already looking at them, Harry,” Ginny said gently.

“You are…” Harry said gobsmacked.

“Yes,” Ginny said nodding. “Estelle showed me them.”

“There is one memory, Ginny, you need to view first…” Harry began.

“Our wedding night, I know,” Ginny said nodding.

“You have seen it?” Harry asked and Ginny could tell there was a glint of hope in his eyes.

“I have seen it,” Ginny said gently. “And I understand, but please Harry, you need to give me time. I need to see the rest of the memories. I need to know everything before we can talk. You understand?”

“I do,” Harry said nodding.

“Good,” Ginny said before making her way into the room.

“Does this mean you forgive Harry then?” Sirius asked, causing Harry to hit him.

“You think he needs forgiving?” Ginny asked.

“Well…” Sirius said shortly looking between the two and Ginny sighed. Dumbledore and Sirius still thought that Harry simply let her have the diary because he wanted to manipulate her into loving him when it was purely her decision. Could she continue to have them think that badly of Harry when it was her decision not his?

“I don’t deserve it,” Harry said, waving Sirius’ question away and Ginny realised that he was truly willing to take the heat for that decision rather than her. Sighing Ginny answered Sirius.

“It wasn’t Harry’s decision in the first place,” Ginny told them. “We had talked about what we would change if we both could send our memories back.

“The original plan was for both of you to send memories back?” Sirius asked in awe.

“Yes,” Harry said.

“We also discussed the possibility of what would happen if only one of us managed to do it. What would happen if only Harry managed to send his memories back.” Ginny explained.

“And the decision was to let you have the diary?” Sirius asked.

“Yes, Harry didn’t like it, but that was my decision,” Ginny said nodding and Ginny caught a twinkle in Dumbledore’s eye.

“Well I think it’s best if we let Ginny continue to view Harry’s memories, there’s a lot there and not a lot of time left of school term,” Dumbledore said smiling.

“Oh, about my classes,” Ginny said suddenly.

“No worries Ms, no sorry, Mrs. Potter,” Dumbledore said smiling, “I have informed all your teachers that you have permission to have this week off from class.”

“Oh, thank you sir.” Ginny said. “And Harry?”

“Yes?” Harry asked.

“Just give me time, okay?” Ginny said and Harry nodded smiling.

-oOoOoOoOo-

Harry sat at a table in the Potter library; he was reading a heavy book, with brown leather bindings and held lots of thick parchment pages. There was no title but it was written in English and Harry seemed to be able to understand it.

“Ginny!” Harry shouted out and her future self-walked into the room wiping her hands with a kitchen towel.

“Lunch is nearly ready,” Ginny said smiling at him.

“Good, I’m getting hungry,” Harry said smiling at her.

“What you reading?” Ginny asked looking at the tome in Harry’s hand.

“It’s on marriage ceremonies,” Harry explained and Ginny smile faulted slightly. “It has the one we did in it too, love, want to read?”

“I’m sure I can remember,” Ginny said uneasily.

“You sure?” Harry asked sweetly. “Because I’m reading information about our marriage that I didn’t know before. It says here that for one, it’s an experimental ceremony and the author wasn’t sure it would properly work. But the most interesting thing is that it’s completely unchangeable. People have tried to have the ceremony cancelled in many ways, all failing you see. Shall I list the ways they tried to get out of it? There is many, but maybe I should just mention the one that stood out to me shall I?”

“You see it’s a very old ceremony and before time travel was ruled illegal, three different people tried to time travel to get out of the marriage and guess what they found? The moment they arrived back into the past, the ritual would kick in, and the two souls would join together and be instantly married.” Harry explained.

“Now, from the way I view this,” Harry said looking up at Ginny who had frozen, “is that if only one of us managed to send our memories and soul back into the past to our younger self, that soul would connect with the other one of us as soon as it could possible do so, most likely when we first meet on platform nine and three quarters, and from that moment on we would magically and legally be married.”

“Am I correct?” Harry asked her.

“I…” Ginny said not sure what to say.

“May I ask why you didn’t tell me!” Harry demanded.

“I’m sorry, okay, I just…” Ginny tried but Harry cut her off.

“Didn’t trust me?” Harry asked. “Think I’d regret marrying you?”

“Of course not!” Ginny exclaimed.

“Then you think I would be all noble and refuse to be with you to protect you, refuse to acknowledge how I feel about you?” Harry asked her. “Do you seriously have that little trust in me!”

“No…” Ginny began.

“Well what is it then?” Harry asked her. “Don’t get me wrong, I don’t care that this has happened or that we will be married if either or both of us managed to send our memories back in time. It’s the fact that you didn’t tell me about it!”

“I, well, okay, I guess I was afraid, not that you would stop loving me,” Ginny said hastily. “But I guess yes, just like after Dumbledore died, you wouldn’t want to be with me to protect me!”

“Ginny!” Harry exclaimed. “I love you! I learnt quite quickly how staying away from you wouldn’t make any difference! If I still thought that then why did I marry you? I can’t believe you did this without telling me.”

“I was afraid you would say no,” Ginny said quietly. Harry looked at her angrily before sighing and shaking his head.

“Ginny,” Harry said quietly. “I would most likely have said no, but not for the reasons you think. I would say no, not because I wouldn’t want to be with you out of nobility, or that I would stop loving you, but because I wouldn’t want to trap you in a marriage you didn’t want to be in or your younger self chose to be in. I love you, Ginny and I guess now it’s done we can’t do anything about it.

“But don’t make the mistake that I’m angry because we will still be married if we manage to send our souls and memories into the past. Or even that I wouldn’t want us to be married even back then. Because truth be told the thought of being married to you even that young puts a smile on my face love. It’s because if only one of us goes back, it would take away the other’s free will of choice!” Harry explained.

“I’m sorry, Harry,” Ginny said quietly.

“It’s okay,” Harry said getting up and wrapping his arms around his wife. “I love you and nothing will change that. But let’s promise each other that if it is only one of us that manage to go back, we don’t tell the other until they do fall in love.”

“Agreed.” Ginny said nodding.

Ginny felt herself rising out of the pensieve and back into the Room of Requirement thinking to herself over the information she just learnt. As soon as Harry, Dumbledore and Sirius had finished up with Pettigrew and Crouch and sent them on their way she came back into the Room of Requirement and asked Estelle to point out the memory that would explain why she and Harry were currently married. What she learnt was once again that the horrible things that she had been thinking of Harry the past few days were maybe not entirely his fault.

It would maybe also explain why Harry waited for Ginny to say she loved him to tell her that he loved her back, because Harry wanted to make sure there was a possible future in the relationship. He didn’t want to rush the relationship when Ginny wasn’t emotionally ready for something this serious and ruin any chance of them being together and consequently stopping Ginny being able to marry the person she wanted to. It also helped, that it was once again herself in the future that initiated the decision to do so.

-oOoOoOoOo-

Ginny sat in front of a sunny window she had asked the Room of Requirement to provide for her as she contemplated things about Harry. She had finished viewing his memories shortly before lunch time on the Wednesday. That Saturday the Hogwarts Express would come and take them back to London and home for the school holidays. Ginny sat trying not to think of the horrible memories she had witnessed of Harry’s future-self past. The things Harry had to deal with on his own were heart-breaking. Although she knew that Harry had Sirius and Dumbledore to talk to she knew Harry hadn’t let them be fully aware of everything that had happened in the future. The most difficult memory she was trying to comprehend herself was her own death. She knew Harry blamed himself for her death, that was just the type of person he was. But it was purely the situation and not Harry’s fault that she had died.

What she also couldn’t get over was the fact he had received these memories when he was six years old by accident instead of eleven. To be that old and to have received these memories meant Harry had to grow up quickly and she honestly wondered how he grew up to be the fun loving person he was today.

She was disappointed in herself when she thought of her reaction when Crouch told her about Harry’s memories. She allowed herself to betray the one she loved by refusing to listen to Harry and believe everything Crouch told her. There was a noise as the door to the room opened and Harry walked into the room.

“Hermione sent me,” Harry said uneasily.

“What, is she trying to get us back together already?” Ginny said laughing.

“Maybe,” Harry said shrugging.

“Harry, I do need to talk to you though,” Ginny said smiling.

“You finished looking through the memories?” Harry said gently.

“I have,” Ginny said nodding. “I often imagined what your secrets could possibly be. But to tell you the truth, this was never even thought of.”

“I’m sorry, I should have told you sooner,” Harry explained.

“No,” Ginny said gently. “It was my future self that told you to wait.”

“But that was under the pretence of sending my memories back to when I was eleven,” Harry countered. “Our future selves never thought about what could happen if I sent them back too far, or what kind of friendship we would have because of that.”

“So when did you fall in love with me then?” Ginny said smirking.

“Honestly?” Harry asked her. “Apparently my future-self fell in love with you when he was sixteen. And me? Well after seeing all the memories of you I knew I just had to meet you, to have someone that important to me, to have a friend like that. But when it changed to true love? I have no idea to be honest. I guess it was just a gradual thing. I realised truly how I felt when I realised that I would be going to Hogwarts for a whole year without you. But it must have started way before then.”

“See, I am irresistible,” Ginny laughed.

“You are,” Harry said gently.

“Sucking up to the wife already,” Ginny said shaking her head. “Sorry Harry, but that was too obvious, when you suck up to me please, at least try and disguise it.”

“Noted,” Harry said.

“I hope you realise Harry, that I still love you,” Ginny said gently and Harry frowned.

“I’m sensing a ‘but’ here…” Harry said uneasily.

“I still need time,” Ginny explained. “I need time to fully understand what I’ve learnt; I need time to understand how this affects me, affects us. What I’m trying to say Harry is I think we shouldn’t get back together right away.”

“Oh, no, that’s okay I get it,” Harry said a little disappointed.

“Do you?” Ginny asked gently and Harry nodded.

“Sure,” Harry said more confidently. “I do. You need to get used to knowing stuff about the future, you need to get used to the idea that I have to fight Voldemort in a year’s time. And I need to get used to you actually knowing everything and no longer having to hide stuff from you which, by the way, is something that I’m really looking forward too.”

“Good, me too,” Ginny said and moving to the door.

“What do we tell the others?” Harry asked as they left the room and started to walk along the corridor towards the grand staircase.

“That our fight was a misunderstanding,” Ginny told him.

“And the fact that we’re not together anymore?” Harry asked her.

“Simple, just say that we decided to take a small break, but have every intention of getting back together because we still love each other,” Ginny said. “Besides if you think I’m going to let any other girl try and have a go with my husband they have another thing coming.”

Harry laughed.

“So this summer,” Ginny said smiling. “Quidditch World Cup, exciting.”

“Yeah, with Sirius working in the Broom Regulatory Division he can get a lot of tickets on the cheap, he said he would take me to England’s first game,” Harry explained.

“Wait, they didn’t do that well, did they,” Ginny said frowning trying to remember from Harry’s memories.

“No, but then Sirius asked me not to spoil the World Cup,” Harry explained.

“Ah okay,” Ginny said thoughtfully.

“What?” Harry asked her.

“Nothing,” Ginny answered airily. “But I was just thinking, what are the current betting odds on Ireland winning the World Cup?”
Reviews 545
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear