Search:

SIYE Time:2:23 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Erasing The Future
By Moxterminator

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe, Post-HBP
Characters:All, Harry/Ginny
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Fluff, General, Humor, Romance, Tragedy
Warnings: Extreme Language, Mild Sexual Situations, Violence
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 545
Summary: Harry goes back in time to redo his Hogwarts years after losing the war, his family, and his wife, Ginny Potter, to Voldemort. Changes need to be made, but can all changes be good? Years 1-4
Hitcount: Story Total: 397049; Chapter Total: 10837
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
Another Chapter




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Thankfully the Fat Lady had spread the word around the castle so nothing out of the ordinary happened. Although there was a close call where Ron was just about to step into a trick step halfway up a set of stairs. Harry had shouted at him to stop which he did but unfortunately a ghost was passing by. She stopped and turned at Harry asking him want he wanted. This earned him some funny looks as ghosts normally don’t take orders from students. Harry managed to act like he didn’t have a clue what she was on about and no one was the wiser. Harry was glad that Hermione was part of there group as planned, she was very useful with homework if Ron got stuck. Harry of course knew all of it so never got stuck, but sometimes acted like he did in order not to draw attention to himself. All Harry needed to work on now was getting her to open up, become the Hermione which he knew would save all of there lives at least one time in the future. Neville however was the surprise.


Harry of course wanted to become friends with Neville, he somewhat felt guilty over his and Luna’s deaths, well he felt guilty over everyone’s death, but what he felt the most guilty about is that he never knew Neville, not really. He of course knew some stuff about him but not as much as he knew about Ron, Hermione or Ginny. He even knew less about Luna. So becoming really good friends with him and Neville now joining in with Hermione and Ron it was all better. Especially the fact that Ron was starting to be friendly to Hermione as well.


Harry had received a reply from the letter he sent to Ginny a couple of days later saying that she wasn’t expecting a letter so soon and went off in her reply about how glad she was that he and Ron had made Gryffindor. Ever so slowly Harry managed to settle down into the Hogwarts way of life. After being away from it for so long it felt strange being back but comforting at the same time.


Harry had to be very careful in classes. He had decided to act dumb rather then intelligent. He would draw less attention to himself if he was dumb than if he was bright. He didn’t want any more attention than he already got. And that was going to be very hard, all the time he heard whispers around him but he knew they would soon die down. However one thing he could be good about was knowing the way around the castle. If ever Ron Hermione or Neville would bring it up all he had to say was he looked it up on the marauders map and they wouldn’t ask any more questions. The first week came and went and soon it was Friday and tomorrow would be the weekend. Unfortunately, he had lessons today and he was not sure with whether he was looking forward to it or dreading it. Potions and Transfiguration.


Harry sat next to Ron with Hermione and Neville opposite him. “What have we got today?” Neville asked looking up from his porridge.


“Double Potions,” answered Hermione, “and then Transfiguration, all before lunch.”


“Yeah double potions with Snape.” Ron said “They say he favours the Slytherins, we can see if it’s true now.”


“I very much doubt it Ron. Snape is a teacher, I don’t think he would lower himself to favouritism.” Hermione said.


“I wouldn’t be too sure Hermione.” Harry said knowing far too well what Snape was like. They all finished breakfast then started to move towards the dungeons where Snape held the lessons. Harry, Ron, Hermione and Neville walked into the classroom, which was in the dungeons so the classroom wasn’t very warm. They made their way to the back of the room and sat down. Hermione had moaned at this at the start of the week but as Ron, Harry and Neville were her only friends she soon stopped moaning and just went with it. This however didn’t stop her from trying to answer every question.


Soon everyone was seated and waiting for Professor Snape to come in. And come he did. He walked in with the usual swagger that Harry was used to and came to the front of the class. He, like all the other teachers started by taking the register. Harry knew what was coming next and waited patiently for Snape to get to his name.


“Ah yes,” Snape said “Harry Potter, our new — celebrity. You’re definitely here, we can’t miss you with that big head of yours really now can we? Tell me how is life with Mr Black? Has he taught you how to kill people yet?” Snape said with a snigger. “Thirteen people with one single curse. Impressive.”


Harry decided to throw caution to the wind and give as good has he got, which Harry thought with the intelligence of these insults he wouldn’t even have to break a sweat. “Maybe, maybe he didn’t need to teach me sir…” Harry said leaving the ending hanging to let all people make up the ending using their own imagination. He often found that when speaking to Death Eaters you often needed to threaten them and they could come up with better ways of torture than Harry could. The human mind is its own weapon if you know what buttons to press. He knew that would get him into trouble and probably not do him any good but the look on Snape’s face was definitely worth it.


Snape looked like he had something stuck in his throat but soon recovered. “10 points from Gryffindor.” he barked “Tell me what would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?”


“A sleeping potion so powerful it is known as the draught of the living death.” Harry said remembering the answers Snape told him the first time around.


Snape looked absolutely furious that Harry knew the answer, “Where would you look if I told you to find me a beazoar?”


Harry acted like he was thinking, “In the stomach of a goat sir.” He replied “But as there are no goats in the village of Hogsmeade I would say the student’s potion cupboard or your personal one sir.”


This really did rile up Snape’s anger. “WHAT, Potter, is the difference between monkshood and wolfsbane?”


Harry smiled a little which infuriated Snape even more. “Do you want to add aconite as well to that list?” Harry saw Snape go red with fury so he decided to answer the question. “Nothing sir they are the same plant.”


“Five points from Gryffindor for your cheek Potter.” Harry stayed looking at Snape, anger flowing throw his body. “Damn Snape.” Harry thought as he continued to look at the potions master.


“Well...” Snape said all of a sudden. “Why aren’t you copying all of that down? Five points from each Gryffindor for failing to take notes.” Snape said as he sat down at his desk. With a flick of his wand Snape put up notes on the board and sat down as the class started write down the notes.


“That’s so unfair why didn’t he take any from Slytherin?” Ron said.


“Ten points from Gryffindor for talking Mr Weasley.” Snape said over the class as they were writing down the notes.


After they all copied it down Snape raised from his table to address the class.


“You are here to learn the subtle science and exact art of potion making.” Snape said “as there is little foolish wand waving in this class in this class many of you will hardly believe this to be magic. I don’t expect you will really understand the beauty of the softly simmering cauldron with its shimmering fumes, the delicate power of liquids that creep through human veins, bewitching the mind, ensnaring the senses… I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory and even put a stopper in death — if you aren’t as big a bunch of dunderheads as I usually teach. Now get into pairs and follow the instructions on the board to make the potion that cures boils.”


Harry and Neville got together and started on the potion. They were next to Ron and Hermione. Soon all of the students were working around their cauldrons with some potions the right colour and some that definitely weren’t. Harry looked at the instructions to see what he needed to do next. It told him to add the porcupine quills after taking the cauldron off the fire. Harry went and put the dragon hide gloves on to not burn his hands and when he turned around Neville was putting in the quills.


“Neville, NO!” Harry hissed causing Neville to drop the quills; they bounced on the edge of the rim of the cauldron before falling harmless onto the table. He looked up to see Snape sneer at Harry before walking over to where they were sitting.


“Shouting out disturbing the class Mr. Potter.” Snape sneered. “Another five points from Gryffindor and if you do one more thing to break the school rules or do something wrong you will be in detention faster then you can say Quidditch.”


Harry just sat seething. He knew Snape to be bad but he was never this bad. After a further hour of having to listen to Snape’s comments and having a further twenty points taken of Gryffindor, Harry Ron Neville and Hermione walked up the stairs to come to the 3rd floor where Professor McGonagall held lessons. Once seated inside McGonagall then treated them to her own speech just like her first lesson explaining how by the end of the lesson she hoped that everyone could turn their match into a needle whilst Hermione, who of course managed to do this in there first lesson, went on to different things. By the end of the lesson everyone, excluding Harry, managed to do it. Including Neville with some help from Hermione. Harry hadn’t been paying attention to the time and now it was too late to do anything about it.


“You didn’t even try.” Hermione hissed at Harry once the lessoned ended. The truth was he didn’t. The past week he tried at nothing because really he knew that if he tried he would get it straight away and he didn’t want to be noticed. Well not so much noticed as he already got for being the boy who lived.


Finally they reached the great hall for lunch and sat down in their usual spots at the Gryffindor table.


“What are we doing this afternoon?” Harry asked. Knowing Hermione it would be studying and Ron would argue all afternoon.


“How about we do some exploring, walk around the grounds.” Neville said. Everyone agreed and soon the four of them were out in the grounds wandering about. Soon they came in view to Hagrid cabin near the forest.


“Who live in there?” Ron asked.


“Hagrid, The Gamekeeper.” Harry said without thinking.


“You know that because...?” Hermione asked.


“Oh err…” Harry began fully aware of Neville, Ron and Hermione all looking at him. “Dumbledore told me.”


“You speak to Dumbledore often?” Hermione asked again.


“What the hell is this, twenty questions about the life of Harry James Potter?” Harry asked getting concerned about where she was taking this.


“Never mind.” Hermione answered sounding rather bothered about how rude Harry just was.


“Sorry Hermione it was just out of the blue that’s all.” Harry said silently, asking for forgiveness.


Hermione looked at Harry and then nodded her response, as the four of them got closer to Hagrid’s Hut; quite suddenly Hagrid himself came out.


“Well ’ello. What brings you lot down ’ere?” Hagrid asked looking at the four of them suspiciously.


“We were just walking around the grounds.” Ron said “We got the afternoons off and we really didn’t have much else to do.”


“Ah well, as you’re ’ere maybe you could help me move some of these rocks ’round? I’m a startin’ to grow the pumpkins so they’re ready for Halloween but the rocks are in the way.” All of them nodded and started to walk towards Hagrid’s pumpkin patch. They spent the rest of the afternoon laughing and enjoying themselves. About three hours later they trudged into Hagrid’s hut dirty from the gardening they were all doing and sat around the table whilst Hagrid poured them drinks.


“So.” Hagrid said “How’s your brother Charlie?” he asked Ron.


“You knew Charlie?” Ron asked.


“Course I know him. Great with animals, I ’ear he works with dragons now in Romania?” Hagrid said looking at Ron.


“Yeah he studies dragons out there in a reserve. My parents are actually thinking of going over there for Christmas.” Ron said.


“Ginny going with them?” Harry asked.


“Who’s Ginny?” Neville asked.


“My sister. Who has a huge crush on Harry.” Ron said.


“Harry’s Girlfriend?” Hermione said now looking at Harry.


“Err no.” Harry said not looking at anyone.


“Oh. You don’t feel the same way?” Hermione asked.


“I'm only eleven, she’s only ten…not old enough for boyfriend and girlfriend.” Harry said.


“So when you two are older…” Hermione said.


“Just leave it.” Harry said “So back to point, is Ginny going with them?”


“Yeah. I mean my parents can’t leave her all alone for Christmas so yeah she’s going with them. “ Ron said.


“So how’er yer lessons?” Hagrid asked changing the subject.


“Oh they’re brilliant, so much more than I thought they were...” and then Hermione was off explaining all their lessons to Hagrid. Harry looked down on the table and noticed a cutting from the Daily Prophet.


GRINGOTTS BREAK-IN LATEST


Investigations continue into the break-in at Gringotts on 31 July, widely believed to be the work of dark wizards or witches unknown.

Gringotts’ goblins today insisted that nothing has been taken. The vault that was searched had in fact been emptied that very same day.

“But we’re not telling you what was in there, so keep your noses out if you know what’s good for you.” Said a Gringotts spokesgoblin this afternoon.

(J.K. Rowling — Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, pg 105)

“Someone tried to rob Gringotts on my birthday.” Harry said aloud, causing everyone to stop what they were doing.


“Rob Gringotts…” Neville said “That’s meant to be impossible.”


“Yeah it’s meant to be the safest place in Brittan isn’t it?” Harry asked.


“That it is Harry.” Hagrid agreed “No place safer in the world I reckon ‘cept maybe ’ogwarts o’ course.”


“Why do you say that Hagrid?” Hermione asked.


Hagrid looked away muttering about something which Harry couldn’t hear. Harry looked over to the others who looked very confused. Excellent, the little they suspect me to know stuff the better, Harry thought. Some twenty minutes later the five of them said goodbye and headed up to the castle for tea. Harry hoped that he could get the others interested in this. It would be a little too weird if all of a sudden he demanded them to go to the third floor corridor with them knowing nothing about anything. Harry’s stomach grumbled and his thoughts turned to dinner as they walked up to the castle and into the great hall.


After dinner the four of them trudged up to the Gryffindor common room. When they got there they noticed a sign saying that flying lessons would start Thursday next week. And like last time around they were having them with Slytherin.


“I'm not really looking forward to flying.” Neville said. Come the Wednesday night before they would be having the lessons. “I’ve never been on one, Gran never let me.” Hermione was sitting in an armchair reading Quidditch Through the Ages, trying to get pointers as to exactly how to fly. This was one thing you could never learn out of a book.


“There has to be something in here that will help.” Hermione muttered skimming through the book.


“Hermione leave it.” Harry said “Flying is one of those things where you can’t learn from a book, you have to learn it practically, that’s why the class is outdoors and not in a classroom.” Hermione looked up and silently nodded before going up to bed. Harry, deciding to do the same trudged up the spiral staircase and into his dormitory. He looked over to the open window to see Hedwig with a letter. He walked over and saw Ginny’s handwriting. He ripped it open and read the letter.


Harry


I just got conformation that we are going to Romania for Christmas this year. I bet it will be really cold. But this also means we won’t properly see each other till the summer now. Wish you could come with us but we just can’t afford it. Hope you’re having a wonderful time at Hogwarts. Can’t wait till next year and I’ll be there with you.



Love


Ginny


P.S I just got a toilet seat from Fred and George, mums Furious


Harry smiled at the letter as he put it at the bottom of his trunk with all of the other letters he had received from her. He really wanted to see Ginny over Christmas. He truly missed her. So as Harry sank down onto his bed to fall asleep he began thinking the start of a plan that will allow him some time with Ginny over the holidays.


The next week passed and Thursday morning found Harry, Hermione, Ron and Neville sitting at their normal places at the Gryffindor table nervously awaiting the afternoon where they would be having their flying lesson. This morning however was double transfiguration. All of a sudden the owls came in and a brown owl dropped a package in front if Neville which he opened. Inside was a class ball with white smoke in it.


“Wow Gran’s got me a Remembrall.” Neville exclaimed “Gran knows I forget things, so she sent me this. You see if you hold it like this and the smoke turns red you’ve forgotten something. If it stays white you remembered everything.”


Harry looked at the Remembrall and searched through his memories of this happening last time. He had a nagging felling that it turned red last time but this time it didn’t. All of a sudden the Remembrall was snatched out of his hands by Malfoy.


“Look at this; it should of turned red for you Neville. You’ve clearly forgotten how to act like a pureblood. Hanging around people like this, but then again with parents like yours I'm not surprised, well shall I say grandmother like yours. Your parents aren’t exactly there if you know what I mean. Maybe if you give this to your parents…” all of a sudden Malfoy was punched in the face by Neville. Malfoy went to retaliate but Harry was too quick. He grabbed Malfoy’s arm and pushed down on the table, spilling a cup of orange juice over the table.


“I seem to remember telling you on the train Malfoy to leave my friends alone.” Harry said his voice full of malice. “Maybe you didn’t understand me the first time so I’ll give you another shot, leave me and my friends alone!”


“MR POTTER.” Came Professor McGonagall’s voice over the great hall. Harry looked up to see Snape, Dumbledore and McGonagall hurrying over to the Gryffindor table. “REALEASE HIM THIS INSTANT!” she shouted. Harry removed his hands letting Malfoy off the table and looked at McGonagall. “What is the meaning of this?” she asked


Harry looked over to Neville and then over to Malfoy who looked furious, to Snape who who liked he couldn’t wait to expel and then over to Dumbledore who was given him a calculated look.


“Malfoy nicked Neville’s Remembrall professor.” Harry answered. He wasn’t going tell her about Malfoy’s dig at Neville’s parents. That would let the others know about it and Harry wasn’t sure whether Neville was ready to share that piece of information about his life yet.


“All of this over a Remembrall. Mr Potter I'm really disappointed.” McGonagall said.


“Malfoy insulted my parent’s professor.” Came Neville’s voice over the quietness of the Great Hall. Harry looked over to Neville and saw a determined look in his friend’s eye. One he hadn’t seen until the DA in Harry’s Fifth year. “Malfoy nicked my Remembrall and insulted me saying I forgotten how to be a pureblood. He then said that considering my upbringing from the lack of my parents he weren’t surprised. Then Malfoy said that my grandmother should have given the Remembrall to my parent’s maybe it would have helped them remember stuff. I got really mad at him so I punched him. Malfoy tried to retaliate and that’s when Harry jumped him and grabbed his arm and forced him down onto the table to stop him punching me back.”


Harry was really shocked at this. He wasn’t expecting Neville to come out with something like this. He looked over to see McGonagall change her anger from Harry over to Malfoy.


“Mr Malfoy what do you say for yourself?” McGonagall said angrily. Clearly she knew about Neville’s parents as well.


“He’s lying.” Malfoy replied smoothly. “I just came over to see whether they wanted to be friends and both Potter and Longbottom jumped on me.” The reply he got from that sentence was deafening. Every single Gryffindor who heard what really went on all of a suddenly jumped out of there seats shouting at him.


“QUIET.” Boomed Dumbledore. “It seems that the Gryffindors disagree with you Mr Malfoy.”


Malfoy looked a little lost and looked over to the Slytherin table who were looking on to see what was going to happen next.


“Fifty Points from Slytherin for your behaviour Mr Malfoy and a detention.” McGonagall said “I will send you a letter when I have the details.”


“Headmaster.” Snape spoke up for the first time. “It seems only fair that Mr Longbottom and Mr Potter receive a detention as well for fighting. We wouldn’t want to show favouritism amongst the houses would we sir?”


Harry looked over to Dumbledore and saw him sigh and then nod in agreement. “Very well. Mr Potter and Mr Longbottom will both receive detentions the same time as Mr Malfoy.”


McGonagall looked like she was going to protest but thought better of it. Snape and Malfoy then left and headed over to the Slytherin table. Dumbledore waited until he was out of ear shot from Snape and Malfoy before continuing. “I would like to say that I might be just a bit old but my hearing is applicable and I heard every word that was going on. Twenty points to Mr Longbottom for standing up for your parents and twenty points Mr Potter for standing up for Mr Longbottom. Both of you showed true Gryffindor courage. Now if you excuse me I have something to do.” With that Dumbledore left leaving them with McGonagall.


“Ten points each for Bravery.” McGonagall said even though Dumbledore had already done this. She then left with a smile on her face and Harry and Neville returned to their seats.


At three-thirty that afternoon the four of them started to head down to the grounds for their first flying lesson. The Slytherins were already there. About five minutes later Madam Hooch arrived.


“Well what are you waiting for? Everyone stand by a broomstick.” Madam Hooch said. After everyone stood to the left of their broomstick she said “Put your right hand over the broomstick and say up.”


“UP” Everyone shouted.


Harry’s broomstick launched itself into his hand and he looked around and saw Malfoy’s had done the same. Everyone else’s was still on the ground. After Madam Hooch went around adjusting everyone’s grip and Harry smiled silently to himself when Madam Hooch told Malfoy he was doing it wrong. Whilst she was going around adjusting the grips Harry turned towards Neville.


“Nev mate.” Harry said using Neville’s nickname from the future. “Don’t be too scared, stay calm and you’ll do fine.” Neville turned to look at Harry and nodded.


“Now, when I blow my whistle, you kick off from the ground hard, rise a few feet then lean forward slightly to come back down. On my whistle, three, two…” But she never got to one. Despite Harry’s warning to Neville he jumped off hard before the whistle got to Hooch’s lips.


“Come back boy!” Hooch shouted to no affect. Neville was constantly getting higher and higher. All of a sudden he slipped of the broom and started hurtling towards the ground. Harry grabbed his broom but it was two late he was just getting mounted when Neville hit the ground.


“DAMN IT.” Harry screamed in his head. He didn’t want Neville to go to the hospital wing but it seems fate was against him today. Hooch examined Neville and when she touched his left wrist he screamed out in pain. Harry heard her mutter something about a broken wrist then she helped Neville up.


“None of you is to move while I take this boy to the hospital wing. You leave those brooms alone or you’ll be out of Hogwarts before you can say quidditch.” Hooch then carried Neville off towards the hospital wing. As soon as they were out of ear shot the Slytherins started laughing.


“Did you see his face, the great lump?” Malfoy said through fits of laughter.


“Shut up Malfoy.” Parvati Patil said.


“Oh sticking up for Longbottom?” Pansy Parkinson sneered. “Never thought you’d be interested in fat little cry babies.”


“Look!” Malfoy said running forward. “He left this stupid Remembrall behind.” He lifted it up for everyone to see.


“Give it here Malfoy.” Harry said oh so quietly but everyone managed to hear it. Everyone turned to watch Malfoy and Harry, hoping for a repeat of this morning. Malfoy turned to look at Harry.


“I think I’ll leave it somewhere for Longbottom to find.” Malfoy said grabbing his broom. “How about on the roof!” with that he kicked off and flew up in the air. “Come on Potter, you scared to do some little flying?”


Harry felt furious and reached out for the closest broom to him and it flew into his hands.


“Harry NO!” Hermione shouted “Madam Hooch told us not to move. You’ll get expelled.” Ignoring her he mounted the broom and flew up to meet Malfoy. He reached Malfoy and did a sudden turn on his broom which caused most Gryffindor girls to scream.


“GIVE IT HERE MALFOY!” Harry yelled at him. “OR I’LL KNOCK YOU OFF YOUR BROOM.


Malfoy looked a little shocked at Harry but soon recovered. “Yeah right Potter. You properly couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn.” Malfoy sneered.


Harry leaned forward and shot at Malfoy causing him to duck. Harry turned so sharply it caused some of the Gryffindor girls to scream again. “No Crabbe or Goyle to save your neck up here mate, it’s just you and me!” Harry said to Malfoy.


Malfoy looked at Harry and then at the Remembrall and seemed to be thinking along the same lines. “If you want it go get it.” Malfoy said to Harry and then threw the Remembrall in the opposite direction to Harry. Harry suddenly shot after it as it hurtled to the ground. He raced it down to the damp grass and about a foot from plummeting into the ground and mostly likely his death he pulled up. As his fingers wrapped themselves around the object, scarcely missing the hard ground he flew back up about 5 feet in the air with the Remembrall clutched in his left hand. He gently dismounted his broom in a crowd of cheering Gryffindors.


“HARRY POTTER.” he heard the voice of Professor McGonagall. He turned to see McGonagall striding towards them with a face white as snow. Harry tried very hard not to smile.


“Quidditch team here I come” Harry thought as McGonagall reached Harry.


“Never… in all my years at Hogwarts…” McGonagall looked liked she was trying to find words to say. Harry looked over towards the Slytherins and saw Malfoy was back on the ground smiling from ear to ear.


‘Yeah that’s right keep smiling’ Harry thought. ‘I can’t wait ‘til I see your face when you find out that I made the Gryffindor quidditch team.’


“How dare you, you could have broken your neck!” McGonagall said furiously.


“It wasn’t his fault Professor.” Parvati said.


“Be quiet please.” McGonagall responded.


“But Professor...” Ron tried.


“That’s enough, Mr Weasley. Potter, if you would like to follow me.” It wasn’t a question rather a statement. Harry turned to follow McGonagall, trying to hide his excitement of making the Quidditch team again. He had one last glance over his shoulder to see the Gryffindors looking worried and the Slytherins trying very hard not to cheer. Harry followed McGonagall across the grounds, into the great hall, up the great marble staircase and onto the 2nd floor corridor. She walked along it for five minutes before standing next to a door. Harry recognised it as Flitwick’s classroom.


McGonagall opened the door and put her head around it so she could see into the classroom. “Excuse me Professor, could I borrow Wood for a moment?” she asked. Not a second later out walked Oliver Wood, captain of the Gryffindor quidditch team. “Follow me you two. They both followed her up the corridor and into a empty classroom…apart from Peeves. Harry looked past Peeves and looked at the rude things he was scribbling on the blackboard. Harry had trouble suppressing a giggle from what he saw was written on there.


“Out Peeves.” McGonagall told the poltergeist. Peeves looked at Harry who gave a slight nod and Peeves calmly put the chalk onto the nearest desk and strode out through the nearest wall. McGonagall and Wood stood there shocked for a moment at Peeves’ behaviour before McGonagall started talking again.


“Potter, this is Oliver Wood Captain of the Gryffindor quidditch team. Wood this is your new seeker!” McGonagall told the two boys. Wood expression changed from curiosity to sudden delight.


“Really professor. Seeker you say?” Wood said as he walked around Harry taken him all in. “Right build for it.”


“Quite right” McGonagall agreed “The boy’s a natural. Best catch I've seen in a while. I swear not even Charlie Weasley could of captured it. He didn’t even fall of once he finished the fifty foot dive. Caught that thing he’s holding before it touched the ground.”


Wood looked liked Christmas had come early. “If we ever want a chance at that quidditch cup we’ll need him to have a decent broom. Cleansweep seven or a Nimbus Two Thousand.”


“I will speak to Professor Dumbledore to see if we could bend the rules a little bit. Heaven knows we need it. Flattened by Slytherin last match, Snape was gloating about it for weeks.” McGonagall said.


“I’ll write to Sirius, see if he could get me the Nimbus Two Thousand. He’ll be pleased that I made the team. Thank you professor.” Harry said.


McGonagall simply smiled and nodded her head. “I want to hear you’ve been training hard or I’ll reconsider punishing you. You father would have been so proud Harry. He was an excellent quidditch player himself. With that she left the room.


At dinner time Harry joined Ron and Hermione in the great hall, Neville was still in the hospital wing and told them what happened with McGonagall. “Seeker?” Ron said with awe. “But first years never make the team you must the youngest quidditch player in about…


“A centaury.” Harry said “Wood told me. I start training next week but don’t tell anyone, Wood is trying to keep it a secret. Of course you can tell Neville when he gets back from the hospital wing.” Harry looked away from his friends to see Fred and George hurrying over.


“Congrats Harry mate.” Fred said


“Wood just told us you’re on the team. We were going to suggest you to him anyway after you beat Charlie a couple of times.” George said after his twin brother. “Never seen Wood this excited. Anyway got to go, Lee said he’s found a new passageway out of the school.”


“Yeah but you already know all of the passage ways ‘cause of the marauders map.” Harry said smiling at them.


“True Harry old friend, but no one is meant to know about that remember.” Fred said now looking at Ron and Hermione.


“What’s the marauders map?” Hermione asked “Is it something to get you in trouble because if it is…”


“It’s nothing Hermione.” Harry said “Don’t worry about it.” Ron had a smile across his face, Harry had already told and showed him what the marauders map was. Harry looked up to see Malfoy and his goons walking over with a smug look on his face.


“Having your last meal Potter before taking the train back to that murderous blood traitor of a godfather?” Draco drawled.


“You’re a lot calmer now you got your Crabbe and Goyle watching your back. You weren’t this cool up in the air were you Malfoy?” Harry said. Malfoy looked over to the high table to see McGonagall and Dumbledore looking in the direction. Harry locked eyes with Dumbledore and silently pleading with him to stay there. Harry wasn’t sure at first whether he got the message but when McGonagall started to rise Dumbledore put a hand on her shoulder and shook his head causing her to sit back down.


“I’d take you on my own anytime anywhere. Tonight if you want.” Malfoy said now looking Harry directly in the eyes. “Midnight, in the trophy room.”


“You’re on, Ron is my second who’s yours?” Harry said although he wasn’t planning on going anyhow.”


After sizing those up Malfoy made a decision. “Crabbe, don’t be late.” He told Harry.


“Wouldn’t dream of it.” Harry replied and Malfoy and his mates slouched off to the Slytherin table.


“I can’t believe you’re planning to go through with this you’ll get Gryffindor into trouble.” Hermione said angry at them. “Don’t you guy’s want to win the house championship?”


“Of course I do Hermione.” Ron said “But Malfoy needs to be put into place.” Harry looked at Ron who nodded in agreement. Hermione turned back to her food refusing to talk to all of them.


Come half past eleven Harry was sitting in front of the common room fire, not planning to go to the fake duel. All of a sudden there was footsteps heard coming down from the boy’s staircase and Ron came into view. “We got to go Harry if we’re going to meet Malfoy in time.” Ron said looking at Harry.


“Do you really think Malfoy is going to be there? Come on. I might act dumb but I ain’t that dumb. He’ll probably snitch to Snape or Filch trying to get us expelled.” Harry said.


“And what if he is there? I for one don’t want to be called a coward for not turning up.” Ron said heading for the portrait door.”


Harry followed him trying to stop him. “I can’t believe you two are going to do this.” Hermione’s voice came from the staircase.


“Hermione go back to bed this doesn’t concern you.” Ron said.


Hermione looked hurt at what he just said. “I thought we were friends.” She replied.


“We are Hermione.” Harry said. “It’s Ron who wants to go out gallivanting around the school at night. I’ll prefer if I was in bed.” Harry said looking at Ron.


“Well excuse me for not wanting to look like a coward in front of Malfoy and his goons.” With that Ron marched out of the Gryffindor tower. Hermione and Harry followed him out.


“Don’t you care about Gryffindor Ron? I for one don’t want to see Slytherin win the house cup. I don’t want you to lose all those points I got off McGonagall for knowing all about switching spells.”


“Go away.” Ron hissed at her.


“Ron shut the hell up, you don’t talk to friends like that. Hermione is right lets go back.” Harry said looking at Ron.


“I can’t believe you say no to a fight Harry.” Ron said “after what you did on the train and what you did this morning.”


“Both times was self defence. Train was trying to get him to go away and leave us alone and you were there at breakfast when he insulted Neville’s parents. You might not know about his parents but I do and that insult was below the belt by a long way and I wasn’t going to let him get away with it. This on the other hand is just stupid because I bet anything he’s just trying to get us expelled. When we get to the trophy I bet we find nothing. Either that or Snape or Filch.” Harry ranted at Ron. Ron didn’t say anything but kept on walking. When they came to the end of the corridor they met Neville who was on the ground.


“Neville?” Hermione asked.


Neville looked up and saw the three of them. “Oh thank god, I forgot the password to the Gryffindor common room. Been out here for hours. The Bloody Baron ha been past twice already.”


“The password is pig snout Neville but it won’t do you any good.” Hermione said. “The Fat Lady is off somewhere so we can’t get back in otherwise me and Harry would be in bed. We’re trying to stop Ron here from getting us expelled.”


Ron just ignored them and walked all the way to the trophy room with Harry, Neville and Hermione running after him. When Harry caught up with Ron his nerves were on a very tight string. “Ron.” Harry hissed at him. “Do you remember that curse Quirrell was telling us about in our last defence lesson? The bat bogey curse?” Ron looked at Harry and nodded. “Well, who do we know that can do that curse better then anyone?” Ron suddenly looked scared. “If we get caught and expelled I will tell Ginny to nick someone’s wand and perform that curse on you and I’ll be right next to her laughing my head off at you.” Ron suddenly gulped. He knew what Ginny’s curse was like. Ron turned the corner and came to the corridor of the trophy room. He walked along it and went inside.


“No one here. Maybe he’s late?” Ron said hopefully at the other three.


“Or maybe Ron.” Hermione started threw clenched teeth. “That me and Harry were right in the beginning and he’s not coming.” All of a sudden the door started to open and Ron turned to look at Harry and Hermione with a triumphant look on his face. However that soon disappeared when Filch’s voice came across the trophy room.


“Sniff around my sweet, the Slytherin boy said they would be here. Check the corners, they might be trying to hide. They are in here somewhere.”


Harry looked over to the other three and gave them a look to say follow him and he turned heading for the only other exit. Harry looked back behind him to see if Filch had come round the corner yet and he hadn’t. He turned to look where he was going but he was too late. He walked into a suit of armour and went crashing down in a lot of noise. He suddenly jumped up and shouted run at the other three and they raced out of the trophy room Ron leading they way. When they were at least a floor above the trophy room they came to a halt in an empty corridor.


“WE told you.” Hermione hissed at Ron.


“We’ve got to get back to the common room and quickly.” Harry said although that moment Peeves flew into the room. Harry stayed back In the shadows so Peeves couldn’t see him. ‘Time to have fun with Peeves I say.’ He thought.


“All looky here.” Peeves crackled. “ickle firsties wandering around at midnight. Should go tell Filch you know. For your own good.” Peeves looked over to the corner and saw Harry and gave a slight wink.


“Please don’t Peeves you’ll get us thrown out.” Hermione begged.


“Should tell Filch you know.” Peeves said. “For your own good you know.”


“Get out of the way you imbecile.” Ron said making a big mistake.


“STUDENTS OUT OF BED ALONG THE FIFTH FLOOR COORIDOR. STUDENTS OUT OF BED ALONG THE FIFTH FLOOR CORRIDOR” Peeves shouted. Ron bolted out of the room followed by the others to the end of the corridor where the door heading into the forbidden corridor stood. Ron tried to open the door but to no prevail.


“Oh no, it’s locked, we’re going to get in so much trouble.” Ron moaned.


“Move over Ron.” Hermione said. Ron moved back as Hermione took out her wand. “Alohomora!” Hermione said pointing it at the lock. They heard a click as the lock opened and they hurried inside. Ron and Hermione put their ears to the door whilst Harry and Neville took in the sight of Fluffy.


“Err guys?” Harry said backing away ever so slightly. “Can I suggest we open the door back up?”


“What and let Filch catch us Harry?” Ron said as though Harry suggested the most stupid thing in the world.


“It would be better than being eaten by that Ron.” Neville said finding his voice. Ron and Hermione turned around to look at the three headed dog Hagrid had christened Fluffy. Harry grabbed the handle of the door and pushed it open before starting to run again. He ran all the way up to the portrait of the Fat Lady without stopping. “Pig Snout” Harry said before the Fat Lady could say anything. She swung open to let them all in and they scrambled to the common room and slouched into the sofa by the fire. ‘I really need to get fit’ Harry thought. They were quiet for some time before any of them decided to talk


“What do they think they’re doing?” Ron said “Keeping a monster like that in the castle.”


“Do either you lot use your eyes? Didn’t you see what it was standing on?” Hermione said.


“Can I take a wild guess and say the floor?” Neville replied “Sorry Hermione but I was preoccupied with the fact that it had three heads. Wouldn’t really care what his feet were doing.”


“It was standing on a trap door.” Harry said


Hermione looked over to Harry and nodded “At least one of you lot pay attention. It was guarding something!”


“Guarding something?” Ron asked “What was it guarding?”


“You remember what Hagrid said last week?” Neville piped up “Gringotts is the safest place in the world if you want to hide something except maybe…”


“Hogwarts.” Harry finished for him. “Its guarding whatever the people were trying to steal from that vault.”


“Well I'm off to bed before Ron here thinks of giving us any more clever ideas to get us killed or worse, expelled. Good night.” With that she walked over to the staircase leading up to the girls dormitories and disappeared off to bed.


“You’d think we dragged her along wouldn’t you?” Ron said.


“Stay here Ron!” Harry snapped at him. Harry walked up the staircase and into his bedroom, grabbed the marauders map and brought it back downstairs to show Ron. “Look at the Slytherin common room Ron. Draco Malfoy in bed. Next time we say it’s a trap believe us will you.” Harry said.


“Sorry.” Ron muttered “But if it weren’t for Peeves we wouldn’t have had to run to the 3rd floor forbidden corridor.”


“You don’t listen do you Ron! Peeves said students on the fifth floor corridor…we were on the third! He was doing us a favour. Why do you think we never met Filch after that. God Ron pay attention next time!” With that Harry walked back up to his dormitory and went to bed. When he got settled he smiled ever so slightly. ‘Even though Ron was a complete dork tonight, at least they’re wandering what Fluffy is guarding.’ With that thought he drifted off to sleep.
Reviews 545
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear