Search:

SIYE Time:18:26 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


One Magic Moment
By Susan Bones

- Text Size +

Category: Christmas Challenge (2003-6)
Characters:None
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 14
Summary: On Christmas Eve at the Burrow, Harry falls in love with Ginny. Written for the Christmas fics challenge... (I was going to write one for Christmas anyway... I love Christmas!!)
Hitcount: Story Total: 5140







ChapterPrinter


All characters, places, etc. are from the marvellous, brilliant, wonderful J.K. Rowling.



One Magic Moment

It was Christmas Eve. Not far from Ottery St. Catchpole, the Burrow was brightly decorated for the occasion. In spite of the winter cold and the wind raging outdoors, a boy was standing alone in the snow.

Harry was glad to be at the Burrow with Hermione and the Weasley for Christmas, but he missed Sirius. He was not depressed like he had been during the summer; he had accepted the death of his godfather, but he remembered being with him at 12, Grimmauld Place the same time one year ago.

‘Harry, would you please put on that scarf so Mum won’t have a heart attack? She’s all worried because “it’s so cold out there, you might catch a cold”, you know.’

It was Ginny. She was very pretty like that, her eyes sparkling and her cheeks already red because of the cold. Her red hair was flying around her face. It reflected the colourful lights that decorated the house in a very beautiful way. She looked half like an angel, half like the prettiest of Santa Claus’ elf. She smiled.

Harry took the scarf. ‘Sorry.’
‘Why?’
‘I don’t know. Because it’s freezing here. You should have stayed in and had fun with the others instead of joining me here.’
‘Oh, it’s not your fault; you know what Mum can be like sometimes. Anyway, I needed an excuse to get away from the twins. They are totally insupportable today. Like everyday, I suppose.’ They both smiled at these words.

For a moment they stayed there silently. Harry felt something new happening in him. He was feeling warm suddenly, his heart pounding so loudly he could feel it in his fingers, in his toes.

It was one magic moment, one of those rare moments when nothing else exists, when you feel like you have the whole Eternity in front of you, when you can’t think straight and it feels so right.

Everything was just perfect. Harry simply stared at the stars in Ginny’s sweet eyes. They were close enough to touch each other. They could feel each other. Harry was seeing Ginny, his best mate’s little sister like ha was seeing her for the first time. It was one magic moment.

Could he gather enough courage to kiss her before it was over?

‘Ginny? Harry? Are you going to come back in someday, or you prefer to freeze all night?’ called George.

‘Coming!’ Ginny answered. She smiled and left. Harry remained alone for a few minutes. It was over now. It had taken five minutes, no more, to realise that he was in love with Ginny. And now, the moment was gone, too late.

Too late?! Maybe not, after all. Tomorrow was Christmas, and everybody can have a second chance, even more on Christmas day! Is there a more magical time than Christmas day?

‘Yes, tomorrow everything is going to be perfect,’ Harry thought. He joined the others inside.

It was Christmas Eve. Not far from Ottery St. Catchpole, the Burrow was brightly decorated for the occasion. There, in the snow, underneath the stars, a love, a true love, a pure love was born.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU!
Reviews 14
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear