Search:

SIYE Time:7:21 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


One Little Box
By JustMelissa

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff, Romance
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 3
Summary: Harry plucks up the nerve to propose to Ginny, and they get married. One-shot. Please read and review.
Hitcount: Story Total: 4673



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.





ChapterPrinter


Harry was nervous. He’d never been this nervous before, not even when he was facing Voldemort for the final time. He clutched the tiny box in his right hand even harder. He knew he was being stupid, that she had practically already said yes, but that didn’t make him any less afraid of rejection. He opened the box.

~Flashback~

They were wandering through the streets of Hogsmeade, going in several shops to look around. “Let’s go in here, Harry,” said Ginny, pulling him by the hand towards a shop.

They had just walked into the jewelry store. It was filled with jewels of every kind, on gold and silver chains. Ginny led him over to look at the necklaces. Some of them weren’t anything special, but some of them were exquisite. Their prices showed it, too. After looking at the necklaces, they moved on to earrings, bracelets, and then rings. Personally, he thought that the rings were the prettiest of all the jewelry. After looking at them himself, he watched Ginny admire them. He couldn’t help but notice the way her eyes always strayed to a beautiful ring in the corner. It was made of gold, with an emerald in the middle. Tiny diamonds went in a circle around the edge of it. After one last look, she turned to look at Harry.

“Are you ready to go?” asked Harry.

“Yeah, it’s getting pretty late; we should probably be getting back to the castle.” She said.


~End Flashback~

Harry looked down at the ring he had bought just last week. He had owled the store owner and asked him to send the ring to him. He wondered if it was too soon to propose. They had only been going out for a year and a half, but he knew that he loved her with all his heart. Pretty soon they would be going home for the summer holidays, but he would be spending his time at the burrow with the Weasley’s.

He put the box back in his pocket, looked in the mirror one last time, and left his dormitory. He and Ginny were about to go to Hogsmeade, where he was planning to propose.

Down in the common room, Ginny looked great. She was wearing a gauzy pink shirt and khaki pants. Half of her hair was pulled back into a clip, while the rest of it fell in nice wavy curls.

“And he shows up at last!” she joked, “Isn’t it supposed to be the guy waiting on the girl?”

“Oh, be quiet. I was just trying to make myself look decent.” He replied.

Looking him over, she said, “You look great.” He was wearing an emerald green shirt and black pants. “Now let’s get to Hogsmeade. There’s a Honeydukes chocolate bar with my name on it.”

Laughing, he said “Ok, let’s go.”

~~~

After going to Honeydukes and some other popular stores, Harry led Ginny off the main road of Hogsmeade towards a forest.

“Harry, where are we going? I’ve never been here before.” She asked.

“You’ll see. We’re almost there.” He replied.

Ginny was stunned as they entered a clearing. There was a stream gurgling through it, flowing with crystal clear water. On one side, next to the stream, was a weeping willow. Its branches had little purple flowers on them creating a beautiful picture. Harry pulled aside the curtain of leaves for her to enter. Inside was a secluded spot strewn with the flowers. Harry sat down against the tree, and he patted the space in front of him. Ginny sat down and leaned against him, breathing in the fragrant air.

“How did you ever find this place? She asked him.

“Oh, I have my ways.” He replied mysteriously. Sirius had told him about this place sometime in his 5th year, in case he ever needed it. He said that once they started dating, James had brought Lily here several times. This was even the placed James had proposed. Harry was planning on following in his father’s footsteps.

“Ginny, I know we haven’t been going out for very long, but I love you like no one else I’ve ever loved. I want to spend the rest of my life with you.” Getting down on one knew, he reached into his pocket and pulled out the box. Taking a deep breath, he looked up at her and said, “Ginny Weasley, will you marry me?”

Ginny gasped. She hadn’t expected this at all. She had thought Harry was just being sweet. It was then that realized then that she loved him so much, and she wouldn’t want to spend her life with anyone else. He looked so hopeful, kneeling there looking up at her. “Oh Harry,” she said. “Did you really think I would say no? Of course I’ll marry you.”

He took her hand and slipped the ring on her finger. Suddenly, he picked her up and spun her around and around. Finally, he set her down and quickly pulled her in for a kiss. Her arms slid around his neck and his around her waist.

He was overjoyed. His love was in his arms, and they would be getting married! He knew deep down in his heart that she wouldn’t have said no, but his brain took control and made him so anxious that he could barely breath. But that was all over now. They were getting engaged!

~~~~~~~~~


She looked beautiful as she walked down that aisle. Her auburn hair was pulled back, with curls spilling out here and there. Her dress was simple but elegant, with no straps but pearls and diamonds scattered over it. As she walked, she smiled at Harry the whole way. He looked handsome in his black tux, something she would definitely point out to him once the ceremony was over.

~~~

“I do.”

“And do you, Ginny Weasley, take Harry Potter to be your lawfully wedded husband?”
“I do.”

Together they said, “I take you to be my partner in life and my one true love. I will cherish our union and love you more each day than I did the day before. I will trust you and respect you, laugh with you and cry with you, loving you faithfully through good times and bad, regardless of the obstacles we may face together. I give you my hand, my heart, and my love, from this day forward until death do us part.”

“You may now kiss the bride.”

To cheers and claps from everyone, Harry took Ginny in his arms and kissed her. “I love you, Harry.” Ginny whispered, smiling up at him.

“I love you too, Ginny.”

Reviews 3
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear