Search:

SIYE Time:8:35 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Breathless
By ginweasley

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:All
Genres: Comedy, Fluff, Humor, Romance, Songfic
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 10
Summary: An interesting turn of events lead to a make-up and a possible make-out. The song is Breathless by the Corrs.
Hitcount: Story Total: 5244



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
all of this belongs to JK....with the exception of my plot. Thanks to the wonderful woman that opened all of our minds and hearts.




ChapterPrinter


"Go On, Go On
Leave Me Breathless
Come On"

*Ginny's Pov*

I was out by the lake, freezing. The wind was cold. I didn’t care. Nothing could have been colder than what Harry had just done. I watched the sunset and tried to forget, but the flashbacks kept running though my mind. I hugged myself as his face appeared in my thoughts. I hated that I wished that he was here.

"The Daylights Fading Slowly
The Time Here Is Standing Still
I'm Waiting For You Only."

*Flashback*

I was sitting in the Common Room thinking about Harry. I remembered when he'd kissed me last, and I remembered him breaking up with me. The portrait hole opened. He walked in alone. For once. Ron and Hermione must be off somewhere being "busy". I decided to take advantage of this chance. I stood.

"Harry?" I called his name softly and he jumped looking up. He must not have noticed me when he came in. Typical.

"Oh, hi Gin." he smiled. "What are you doing?"

"Nothing." I looked away. Moments like these were so hard and uncomfortable. I wished he would just hug me or kiss me. Something. Anything. Instead of just standing there. He always seemed to be wherever I was. I chickened out. I could be around him anymore, not without being with him. "I better go to dinner." I turned to go, but something inside of wanted to stay.

"The slightest touch and I feel weak
I cannot lie
From you I cannot hide
And I’m losing my will to try
Cant hide it, Cant fight it."

"No, Ginny...wait." he came up behind me and grabbed my hand. Stopping me.

"Yes?" I turned and gently pulled my hand out for his. I couldn’t take him touching me without... My thoughts trailed off and I looked up at him. Kiss me, I pleaded inwardly.

"So go on
Go on, Come on
Leave me breathless"

"I am sorry. You know that right?" he was staring into my eyes. I hated when he did that, but then again, equally loved it.

"Of course." I waited...he didn’t say anything. I turned again, but stopped. "No wait..."

"Huh?" he looked shocked that I was upset."

"Tempt me, Tease me
Until I can’t deny this loving feeling
Make me long for your kiss."

"What do you mean you’re sorry? You turned me back into a blubbering girl who'd only thoughts are for the guy that could never love her back." I stepped forward. We were close and my voice rose a little more. "Dammit Harry. I loved you, and I thought that you loved me too!"

"I did." he said quietly, trying to counteract my high voice. "I mean, I do. You have to understand, we can’t be together. I’m doing this to protect you."

"Go on, Go on
Come on
Leave me breathless."

"Protect me from who? Voldemort? Well, I don’t think so. I think that the real reason is you want to protect me from yourself!"

"That's not fair." he still wasn’t yelling. I wish he would, then I would have another thing to be angry at.

"Harry, the only thing that isn’t fair, is that whenever I try to let you go, I can’t." I let my voice lower back down. He stepped closer and went to hug me. "No Harry. I can’t, not unless you want me back."

"Of course I want you back," I let his arms encircle me. I let my defenses down, letting myself believe. Then, as he pulled back, he crushed my hopes with the look in his eyes. "but I can’t have you. I’m sorry. One day you'll forget about me and find another guy that will make you happier."

"Oh god, Harry." I stepped back. I could tell he was hurting, but at least he knew now how Id felt. "Don’t you realize that your the only one that Ill love? All the time you keep taking me back, then pushing me away." I ran past him, out of the Common Room and out onto the grounds.

*End Flashback.*

"And if there's no tomorrow
And we have is here and now
I’m happy just to have you
Your all the love I need."

"Gin?" I heard his voice and turned.

"Go away Harry!"

"Please listen to me." I shook my head and turned my back to him. "Please." he moved in front of me.

"There's nothing left to say." I looked up at him. "You can’t have me, you say? Fine then, you want me to move on? I can fix that to!" I walked away, but he chased after me. That was another thing that I loved/hated. His damn persistence and stubbornness.

"What do you mean?" he reached for my arm but I stepped out of reach.

When everyone found out that we broke up-" I paused and weighed my words. "I just don’t have to sit around and wait for you anymore."

"But, Ginny. I still love you. We just can't be together. Your to valuable to loose. I don’t know what I'd do if I lost you to.'

"Stop with the Voldemort crap!"

"You have to understand-"

"I don’t want to understand!' I felt the tears coming back now. "I just want you back."

"I know. That’s why I followed you out here." After all these months...

"Somehow its like a dream
Although I’m not asleep
I never want to wake up
Don’t loose it, Don’t leave me."

"If you’re willing to take the risk. Ginny. I do love you."

He stepped forward and kissed me. I stepped back in surprise. He broke the kiss and I felt as if all my breath had been sucked out. He took it the wrong way, apologized and made to leave. I grabbed his arm.

"So go on, Go on.
Come on
Leave me breathless
Tempt me, Tease me
Until I can’t deny this loving feeling
Make me long for your kiss."

He smiled and met my gaze, with his "to-die-for" piercing eyes. The moon was rising and the sun was almost at it’s even in the sky.

"And I can't lie, From you I cannot hide
And I’ve lost my will to try
Can't hide it, cant fight it
So go on, Go on
Come on
Leave me breathless."

He stepped into me and this time I kissed back. With all the love. With all the pent up frustration. With all the passion I felt. I vaguely felt my arms go around his neck. I pulled him closer, never wanting to let go. One of his hands went to my neck, cradling my head, holding me close.

I was left...breathless.
Reviews 10
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear