Search:

SIYE Time:9:22 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Flowers on A Vine
By LadyGinny

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:All
Genres: Fluff, Romance
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 10
Summary: A magical evening can hold a lot of things, but for Harry and Ginny, it was the ability to find themselves, and each other, and open up to what they really want.
Hitcount: Story Total: 5156



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
Hey everyone! I wrote this story in not a long amount of time, but I love it, and I hope you like it too! *blows kisses*




ChapterPrinter


The last of the evening sunlight filtered through the trees as Ginny sat beneath a tall pine, breathing in the fragrance of the damp woods and hoping the tear tracks were drying on her cheeks. Normally, Ginny maintained her calm, no matter what her emotion happened to be. She wasn’t usually liked this. At least, not until he had come, turned her world upside down, and then let her fall with a jolt as he walked away from her. She thought he had loved her, she really thought he had. But why couldn’t she hate him?

Bill and Fleur’s wedding was still on full swing, and the good, the caring side of Ginny felt bad for ruining this day for her brother and his new bride. Bill deserved to be happy. And she was skiving off, crying her heart out over the injustice of it all. He had refused to dance with her, refused to look at her, refused to talk to her, and looked highly anxious when she acknowledged him in any way. At first, she had been angry. Then she had been oblivious. Then she had been distraught. She should have kept her emotions in check, but she hadn’t. She had walked quickly toward the woods lining their property, and this was where she had been ever since.

Now, leaning her head back against the tree trunk, her soft golden dress collecting the pine needles and moss on the ground, she heard crunching footsteps approaching. She squeezed her eyes shut, hoping that if she couldn’t see them, they wouldn’t see her. No such luck. The mysterious person sat down next to her, and when she peeked out of her eye, out of burning curiosity, she saw it was Ron. Her heart sank. She had hoped…maybe, that it would be Harry.

“Hey Ron,” She said softly, scrubbing at her eyes with the back of her hand. She probably looked a mess. She didn’t care. Ron smiled weakly at her.

“Look Gin…he’s not that stupid. He cares for you, he misses you. Yeah, his motive’s pretty stupid, but it’s the right one. He doesn’t want you killed and neither do I,” He told her intensely, and a look she had never seen before in Ron’s eyes passed through them. A look of pure, raw fear, but like he was dealing with it in a whole new way. Ginny sighed.

“I know Ron,” She said, taking a shuddering breath. “But I’m not sure, I mean…I thought he loved me, I really did, but I was stupid to even think it, wasn’t I?” She finished, feeling a bit foolish. He had shown her, in a thousand different ways that school year, how much he loved her. But she had fallen for it, confused the sweet fiction with the bitter reality. She felt useless, and she wasn’t used to feeling that. Ron shook his head fiercely.

“No, Ginny, you’re not,” He told her, squeezing her lower arm gently. “He does love you, Ginny he really does. But sometimes, he doesn’t see what’s right for people, what they need. He’s not used to it.” And she knew it was true. She knew that Harry had been raised not knowing what it was like to be loved, and to love in return. It was a new experience for him, she knew, and immediately she felt sick about all the angry thoughts she’d had toward him. Before she could get a word out, Ron was up, saying something, and offering his hand to pull her up.

“I’m not saying it might not take him a little longer, but he’s learning with you Gin, he really loves you. He told me to tell you to meet him at the dock as soon as I was done here. So get over there and don’t screw things up too bad,” He said, grinning as she met almost eye to eye with him. She glowered.

“I bet that’s what you said to him when he left,” She pointed out, hugging her brother. He hugged her back briefly.

“Yep, I did. But it applies to both of you,” He told her cheekily. She just gave a smile and turned toward the dock. She felt anxious and her palms began to sweat. She wondered what she looked like. Briefly she paused to straighten out her dress, comb her fingers through her hair and wipe off her cheeks once more before continuing on.

The moon was almost out and the transition of the sky between day and night looked magnificent on the water, a pale golden color, with a, purple tinge. She saw Harry on the dock, legs swinging back and forth in the empty space above the water. She felt her heart constrict. Partly because of how lost and confused she knew he must be, and partly because of how great he looked in his tux and emerald green tie that matched his eyes to perfection. She walked over and sat beside him, their legs bumping occasionally. He looked up, and she saw the expression in his eyes. It was confusion, pain, sadness, a reflection that had been there since he was young, she guessed. But beneath it was masked hope, love and a peace that she knew she had reached in and uncovered.

“I suppose Ron talked to you?” He asked with a wry smile. Ginny guessed that Ron had probably told her much more than he needed to at one time. She smiled the first bright, dazzling smile in a long time.

“Yeah. Told me your life story, actually,” She teased, watching him laugh at that. He had a nice laugh, a rich, rumbling sound deep in his chest. Her stomach felt warm.

“Ginny…really…I never, ever, ever meant to hurt you, I hope you know that…I just…I just feel so many things around you Ginny, and I feel so happy with you…” He told her, and she could tell it was the first time he had opened up to anyone like this. She could tell it was hard, but at the same time, so easy. She looked at the outside wall of the house. She pointed to the white trellis leaning against it, covered it blooming vines.

“See that trellis? My mom put it there when I was six. She told me I could put a honeysuckle plant on it, and take care of it myself, I was so excited,” She said, letting her arm drop back next to his. He took her hand, interlacing their fingers, and warmth spread through her.

“We made that honeysuckle into soaps and perfumes, and I always had one behind my ear. I figured that, maybe your favorite flower was honeysuckle. You were my hero. I wanted you to notice me one day,” At this point she paused, letting the story soak in. He looked a little confused as to what the significance could be, but he didn’t say anything.

“Then, when I met you, I realized that you weren’t one of those guys who were drawn in by looks alone, or by scent alone,” She smiled. “It was what was inside, that you liked, I figured out. What my mother had always been telling me. So I guess what I’m trying to say is, I had to figure out what was important to you and me, and what we both needed, before I thought of any serious future for us,” Ginny ended, squeezing his fingers. He squeezed back. He nodded.

“Ginny, I love you. I’ve never said those words to anyone in my entire life, but I know I mean them with you. I love you, more than I ever thought I could love anyone, and you’re the woman I know I want to spend the rest of my life with,” He said to her, meeting her gaze. He took her breath away, and she felt fuzzy and happy, and her head was swimming.

“I love you too, Harry. I have for a very long time,” Ginny told him quietly, a smile on her face.

“So, what I’m saying is, I’m giving us another chance at us. I know it’s not a good idea, with me going away and everything, but you’re the only thing that drives me crazy, but keeps me sane,” Harry said, moving his thumb in circular motions on her skin.

“I don’t want to go with you, Harry,” She told him, shaking her head, letting her red locks fly. “Just to be with you,” Ginny said, and then she scooted closer to him, and he too her, until their knees were touching and their lips met and the world exploded in a kiss that shattered their souls. And Ginny knew, as she moved closer to Harry, sliding her arms around his neck, that they had both found their place, and not from flowers on a vine.
Reviews 10
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear