Search:

SIYE Time:4:52 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


One Day
By ladyevergreen

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:All
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: Extreme Language
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 7
Summary: As Harry and his friends go to do an activity together, Harry finally sees Ginny in a new light.
Hitcount: Story Total: 5672



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
This is my first HP story. I never thought that I would do a songfic for my first story, but hey…they give me inspiration and ideas. The song is "Your Beautiful" by James Blunt. Thank you sooo much for taking time out & reading my fic. I really hoped you liked it. : )




ChapterPrinter




“No! No way am I doing that!”

This was Ronald Weasley’s reaction when Hermione Granger and Ginny Weasley (Ron’s sister) told the boys what they wanted to as an activity. In Ron’s mind there was no way that he was going to sing anything in front of anybody.

“Come on Ron, this is going to be fun” said Ginny. “Yes. Aren’t you just a little bit bored with playing only Quidditch, Exploding Snap, and Chess all the time?! This will be a new experience for all of us. Something new to do out of the ordinary” said Hermione.

It was all Hermione’s idea. Well, actually it was Ginny that said they should do it, but Hermione was the one that first talked about it.

It all started when everyone was at the Burrow over the summer, and the girls thought that they should do something altogether since it always seemed that at least one person was always being left out (since Hermione didn’t play Quidditch, or chess being a two-player game, etc). The girls wanted to do something fun and different. It was then that Hermione started mentioning muggle activities like ice-skating, bowling, etc etc. And then she said it…karaoke. When Ron and Ginny asked what that was, she explained, and the idea got Ginny excited.

Hermione said that she knew of one place a little far off that has a karaoke system. And so here we are in the present situation of the girls trying to convince not just Ron but Harry also (since he didn’t look to happy about it either).

Hermione was also a little hesitant at first, but it took a little convincing from Ginny to the rest of the group, and after a while everybody agreed. With a mischievous glint in her eyes Ginny thought: since they would make a fool of themselves, she could use what happens there as blackmail material if she ever needed it. And so it was agreed upon for 5 days hence.

As usual it was Hermione that did all the planning. Since they couldn’t Apparate or take a car, she came with the solution of taking the Underground. It was all set until two days beforehand an owl came for Ginny and she told everybody in the kitchen that she invited Dean and Seamus also (since Seamus was visiting Dean) to the Karaoke Bar.

This didn’t go over too well with Ron or Harry. Though Harry didn’t say anything, Ron spoke up saying that he wanted it to be just the four of them, and in a lower voice he said how he didn’t want to see his little sister doing anything with one of his dorm mates. Of course this didn’t sit well with Ginny and so she told him that she could do whatever she wanted with her boyfriend!

And so the day of the trip came. Dean and Seamus came via floo an hour before the group was supposed to leave for the Underground. Ron did his best trying not to glare at the couple with Hermione by his side trying to calm him. And soon they all left for the Underground.

When they got into the seats on the rail, Hermione informed the group that on the fifth stop they were supposed to get off. Harry sat by Ron who was seated next to Hermione; and across from them was Ginny, Dean, and then Seamus. Little chit-chat was made during the ride.

Harry was merely looking around the compartment when he saw Ginny and he was mesmerized. The sun’s rays were shinning in the background which caused her hair to glow, giving her a reddish-gold halo. She looked like an angel sitting there quietly with her legs folded, her hands clasped on her knee, and a slight smile on her face as she looked between Ron and Hermione. She was beautiful.

She turned her face, caught Harry’s eye and smiled.

That was it. He was done for. He knew that he would never see her in the same way again. She was what he wanted and needed. He looked down breaking eye contact.

Harry’s thought went into a frenzy. How did this happen? How could it be that all of a sudden Ginny Weasley was who he wanted most at this moment? How could it happen just like that?

It seemed like forever for Harry but their stop finally came. As he got up, a million things were going through his head. When did Ginny become so attractive? What should I do? Should I do something? I want to be with her. Can I be with her? No wait, she’s with Dean now. Damn. I don’t know what to do.

Harry looked at her as he walked by her. She looked up. At that moment, nothing mattered. They both looked into each other’s eyes and it seemed that time stood still. Harry knew that he looked like a fool with the expression that he had on his face right then, but he didn’t care. In a way, he wanted her to know. He wanted her to know just how she made him feel.

What they shared then Harry knew would last forever; but afterwards he also knew that he didn’t want those types of moments to end. He didn’t want the moment that was between them to be just that one time. He wanted several more moments like that. He wanted those moments forever.

Then a thought occurred to him. How could he have those moments if she was with someone else? What they shared then was rare and magical. No way was Dean going to let him look at Ginny in that way again. He was lucky that he didn’t see him looking at her now.

And so the rest of the way to the karaoke pub Harry walked in silence with my head down. Once the group got into the dark dimly-lit building, they found a large semicircle red couch that faced right in front of the small karaoke stage. Harry sat by Ron and Hermione, while Ginny sat in between Harry and Dean, and Seamus by Dean at the end.

Once everyone was settled and had drinks in their hands, Ron was the first victim that everyone agreed should go first. He hesitated but eventually under pressure from everyone he went ahead. Everyone was cheering and clapping along with his not-so-good singing voice; but hey it was all in good fun. Seamus went after him singing the song “Tubthumping”. Everyone was laughing and trying to sing along at the chorus. Even Ginny got into the mood and sang the muggle song “I’m Just a Girl” (which she heard and loved when Hermione brought her radio player with her when visiting the Burrow. Side note: she had a good voice). After that everyone pushed for Hermione to go next since she suggested the event, but she declined. Even trying to pressure her wouldn’t budge her decision. Not until Ron suggested that he would sing with her to encourage her that she somewhat started to consent to the idea. And so Ron and Hermione went up on stage and sang the song “At the Beginning”.

And so everyone was having a great time except for Harry. He kept glancing at Ginny and trying to sort out his feelings. Once or twice he was distracted by what was happening around him but he stayed quiet. He thought that the group noticed, but thankfully they didn’t say anything.

After Ron and Hermione finished their song and sat down, Dean excused himself to go to the loo while Seamus tagged along with him talking to him about a joke he heard. Once they were gone, Harry don’t know what came over him, but he thought that this might be the only chance he might have in letting Ginny know how he felt about her. And so he got up and headed towards the stage. He could tell that that the other three were a bit shocked that he would do such a thing, but he didn’t care. Harry went to the stage, picked a song, vaguely heard the guitar melody playing in the background and looked straight into Ginny’s eyes while he started to sing:

"My life is brilliant."

Still looking at her, he smiled and continued:

"My life is brilliant.
My love is pure.
I saw an angel.
Of that I'm sure.
She smiled at me on the subway.
She was with another man.
But I won't lose no sleep on that,
'Cause I've got a plan.

You're beautiful. You're beautiful.
You're beautiful, it's true.
I saw you face in a crowded place,
And I don't know what to do,
'Cause I'll never be with you."

When she heard the lyrics “You’re beautiful”, the smile that she had on her face started to fade and was replaced by a mixture of shock, worry, and love. At the last line, she bowed her head and had sadness in her eyes and face. It was the same sad expression that Harry had too. But he continued on:

"Yeah, she caught my eye,
As we walked on by.
She could see from my face that I was,
Fucking high,
And I don't think that I'll see her again,
But we shared a moment that will last till the end.

You're beautiful. You're beautiful.
You're beautiful, it's true.
I saw you face in a crowded place,
And I don't know what to do,
'Cause I'll never be with you."

Ginny slowly turned her head up to look at Harry again. She had tears building up in her eyes. Yet Harry still continued on. He wanted her to fully understand what he felt for her.

"You're beautiful. You're beautiful.
You're beautiful, it's true."

Harry then had a half sad, half happy/silly smile on his face while singing the next two lines.

"There must be an angel with a smile on her face,
When she thought up that I should be with you."

He’s expression then slowly turned into sadness.

"But it's time to face the truth,
I will never be with you."

Once the song ended, there was a silence like no other. Harry still stood on the stage looking at Ginny. Ginny had tears running down her face while looking at Harry. Ron sat silently a little in shock looking between Harry and Ginny, while Hermione had tears in her eyes that threatened to fall with a sad expression on her face while she was looking at Ginny. They were all still in silence.

It was none other than Dean and Seamus who had returned from the loo, that the silence was broken. Dean sat down next to Ginny and noticing the silence in the room said “What’s going on?” His question broke the atmosphere in the room and Harry immediately ran off stage and out the building through a side door by the stage. Then turning to Ginny and seeing her state, Dean asked her “What happened? Why are you crying?”

Ginny couldn’t take it anymore and ran after Harry out the same door he had just a moment before had gone through. She vaguely heard Dean calling out her name as she went through the door.

Once outside the door, Ginny frantically looked around for Harry until she saw him almost reaching the end of the alley towards the main street. “Harry” she whispered.

“Harry! HARRY!” she screamed running trying to catch up to him. He stopped walking but didn’t turn around.

“Harry” she said softly as she reached her hand onto his left shoulder. She turned him around, but he didn’t look at her. He was staring at the ground.

“Harry, please look at me.” Slowly he looked up and was a little surprised to see love and hope shinning in her eyes.

They stood there just looking at each other for what seemed an hour, but was just a minute. There were so many questions running in Ginny’s mind right now: When? How long? But she asked what she thought was the most important question of all:

“Do you mean it?”

Harry glanced at her then looked back down replying, “Yes”. Ginny gave a happy sigh while giggling a little. Harry looked back up at her when he heard her reaction. Hope sprung in his eyes and heart.

“Ginny…”

“Kiss me.”

Harry looked a little taken back at her statement, but then gave the biggest smile to Ginny. She in returned gave one back with just as much intensity. He then moved closer to her and slowly leaned in with his right hand on her cheek.

The kiss they shared was soft and gentle, but it held love and a promise.
Reviews 7
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear