Search:

SIYE Time:15:02 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Bring Me to Life
By LilyGinnyBlack

- Text Size +

Category: Pre-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Angst, Songfic
Warnings: None
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 9
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated since 2003 ***

Ginny thinks that she is a slave to a boy who doesn't even know that she is there. But, will an attempt to end her life make the boy come out of the dark and safe her, bring her to life?
Hitcount: Story Total: 3414







ChapterPrinter


Bring Me to Life

By: LilyGinnyBlack

Disclaimer: I don't own anything! Not the plot. Not the characters. Nothing! They all belong and always will belong to JK. ^-^ Also I do NOT own the song Evanescence does though! ^_^ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ how can you see into my eyes like open doors

leading you down into my core

where I've become so numb without a soul my spirit sleeping somewhere cold

until you find it there and lead it back home

I sit here, on my broom. Flying aimlessly in the livid night air. The wind like ice, freezing my every bone, chilling my never healing soul, the breeze taking my vivid red hair into it's invisible hands. Wiping the tears that course down my snow-white cheeks.

My hands clasped around my old broom. Trying desperately to let go and let my body glide over the rough edge. Letting my body fall to the open arms of the green earth. Ending the miserable life. Ending it right here.

To let my mind break into a black nothingness, save my soul embarrassment. Save my soul from the long war of being a slave my body has suffered, being a slave to someone who could look into my very soul, but yet not see me.

Being a slave to the one and only Harry Potter, The Boy Who Lived. I still like Harry as a friend, but I want, need, more. Long for it, yet know I shall never have it. And I know that he hardly sees me as a friend that is if he does even see me as a friend at all.

The tears still escape my tight closed grasp and trickle to the silent hands of the wind. My chocolate brown eyes swelling red with already shed tears. The feeling of flying taking me away, letting me soar away from the earth, the earth, which holds so many terrors.

I stay low to the trees and close to the forest. So I cannot be spotted. Another good thing, the forest always makes me feel alive, like a wild animal. The curious and mysterious creatures lay hidden in a green blanket.

I fly lower . . .

(Wake me up)

Wake me up inside

(I can't wake up)

Wake me up inside

(Save me)

call my name and save me from the dark

(Wake me up)

bid my blood to run

(I can't wake up)

before I come undone

(Save me)

save me from the nothing I've become

As I fly closer to the ever-darkening forest I let my mind think back. Think back four years ago to my first year at Hogwarts, the blood that had been spilled and the blood that had been stained.

The Hogwarts walls covered in the blood, though unseen to all. The blood is there. The tears are still salty. The tears are still wet and tangling with the blood. Laughter had ceased to be in that year, a year without laughter, a year without joy.

Then I think of how lost and asleep I had been. Lost to the darkness and asleep to the world around me. The blood stained forever on my hands. The guilt forever clasped inside my heart. The whispers of lies still dwelling in my soul.

The cold feeling on my skin. The memory of being a shell with no soul being brought back to life in my mind. Swimming in my brain, drowning it with the horrible things I had did. The voice in my ear telling me that I had always been the monster.

That I should have died. That I should not have been saved. Harry should have left me, should have let my body become nothing. It would have been better then this. Quick, easy, and painless.

A year that started with so many tears and fears ended so opposite. It had ended with laughter and joy, though it hadn't for me. Harry had saved me. Why? I know why. Because I was Ron's little sister. So I was his sister. Just another person that he cares about like family.

He hadn't saved me because he had loved me. He saved me for Ron. He saved me as a big brother. The only love he had towards me was brotherly love. Nothing more. He hadn't saved me because he had needed me. He hadn't saved me with the love of a lover.

I fly towards the lake . . .

now that I know what I'm without

you can't just leave me

breathe into me and make me real

bring me to life

In my second year when Harry had been taken away. When Sirius Black had gotten him. I thought that he had been dead. The feeling had been undesirable. So unwanted. I had felt dead inside.

Knowing that Harry could be killed any second or already be dead had torn me apart inside. Drove me crazy. I couldn't stand it. And it hadn't helped that Ron and Hermione had been with him. Hermione being my only friend that was a girl, besides my mom. And Ron because he was my brother.

I knew what it was like without him. Without all of them and I just couldn't stand it. I had wanted to kill myself so I could be with Harry. But something in the back of my mind had told me not too. That they were alive. That Harry was alive.

I wished for Harry. Wished for him to come back. Be okay. To know that nothing had happened to him and that he was still alive and kicking. When he came back and I had snuck out of my room and saw him.

Saw him sleeping there so peaceful and pleasant I was able to breathe again. I was able to feel the life flow through my veins again. The jolt of reality hit me full force and the shock that Harry was alive sting and twinge at my heart.

I snap out of my thoughts as I land my broom onto the soft lush grounds of Hogwarts. I place the old worn torn broom down, forgetting about it. I begin to walk. I don't head towards the entrance doors though.

I head towards the lake . . .

(Wake me up)

Wake me up inside

(I can't wake up)

Wake me up inside

(Save me)

call my name and save me from the dark

(Wake me up)

bid my blood to run

(I can't wake up)

before I come undone

(Save me)

save me from the nothing I've become

I'm standing near the lake. The wet mud sticking on and in between my toes and feet. I shiver as I place my foot in the water. Not caring that no one knew I was out here. Not caring that I still had my Hogwarts school robes on.

I get down into the water until the water reaches my waist. The cold chill pinging at my stomach. A large piece of ice coating its way over my stomach. Allowing me only to feel a numbing cold. Nothing more.

As I let the water go over upper body I let my eyes close and think back. Back to last year. Back to the second task. Back to when Harry was the one in the lake. Not me. Back to when I still cared about the world. About me. About life. Back.

As I let the water make it's way over my lips I think of all the times I wished Harry would kiss me or I could kiss him. As the water edges over my nose and my oxygen supply I can no longer take in I think of his scent. The smell of late autumn, October.

As the cold water glazes my eyelids I think of his eyes. Those beautiful emerald green. The sharp jade. Finally as the water takes my auburn hair I think of all the times I wished he would take my hair and play with it. I also think of his hair. Messy like a forest but black like the sky at midnight.

I think of my regret. I see now how wrong I am. How I wish this was all a dream. That I could just wake up. That Harry could wake me up. Save me.

My body sinks deeper . . .

frozen inside without your touch without your love darling only you are the life among the dead

My skin frozen my heart gone. The pace of my pulse slowing. My breathing, none. My oxygen supply running out. My lungs burning hot. My arms and legs sinking as if they do not belong. My mind being flooded. I know it is too late. I'm gone.

If only Harry were to rescue me. His touch would awaken me. Bring my soul back. Make my heart beat. Make it beat too fast. The touch of his skin would warm mine. The feather light of his breathing would awaken my lungs.

Harry was the only thing alive in my life. Everything else was dead. Harry, the only thing that could awaken me. The only thing that can. If only Harry were to save me. Show me that he loves me. Then maybe, just maybe I wouldn't join the land of the dead.

It is too late though. I've let my body go too far. I'm joining the dead, the no longer living. There is no hope, no light at the end of the tunnel. Only doom and darkness. Both of which have swallowed me whole.

I feel arms wrap themselves around me and feel my body being pulled up . . .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
(Harry's POV)

all this time I can't believe I couldn't see

kept in the dark but you were there in front of me

I've been sleeping a thousand years it seems got to open my eyes to everything

I look out the window and towards the lake. I notice someone outside flying. It is freezing out though. Then I notice the trail of auburn hair and realize that it is Ginny Weasley. The girl I always loved, just never knew. Never let.

My heart has always longed for her, but I just ignored it. Tried to hide my feelings with Cho. Thinking that they were coming from her, when really they were from Ginny. The little girl that had been so dead and helpless five years ago.

The girl I always told myself was like my little sister. Yet, I always knew in my heart. In my soul that I was in love with her. I can't believe it took me this long to finally realize my love for her.

Atlas guilt overwrites me. The guilt of not noticing her sooner of keeping her in the dark for so long when she had been right there, right there, in front of me. Hidden in the dark. By my own blindness.

I see her make her way to the water. Her eyes blank but yet I see tears welling up in her eyes and flowing down her cheeks. Her body there but her soul gone. Everything about this just seems too weird.

I feel it come together. I hear it all click in my head. The pieces fit in place. She is going to kill herself. Drown herself. Let the water take her. Wrap her in its sweet sympathy, bury her in its muddy depths.

I see how the water tickles her feet and the mud plays with her feet and toes. I feel my heart ach as she allows herself to go deeper. I race out of the Common Room. Ron and Hermione off on their own. One study up in her dorm the other sleeping.

I forget about the invisibility cloak and the Marauder's Map. I just race out of the room. Ready to save Ginny, show her that I love her. I feel the blood pumping in my ears and my heart pounding loudly against my chest.

I go down this corridor and I go down that. I turn left and I turn right. 'Till finally I slam open the doors and making it down the steps in a heartbeat. My eyes burning from the cold freezing wind. My skin turning paler and paler by the second.

I look towards the lake and see as Ginny's head goes under. Her face is hidden from my view. I make my body run faster. Knowing full well that if I don't make it there in a few more seconds she will not come up.

I make it to the lake. Sliding a bit in the mud that surrounds its watery shores. I put both of my arms into the water and I feel them wrap themselves around a cold limp form. Ginny.

I look down at her. It looks as if she is only sleeping. But I know more. I pull her up and splash her soaked body onto the muddy shore. I push the water out of her lungs once. Letting air fill up her lungs. I am ready to do it again but there is no need to.

Her eyes begin to open . . .

without a thought without a voice without a soul

don't let me die here

there must be something more

bring me to life

I look into her brown pools of eyes. They are wide with wonder and amazement. Her skin is still pale but her freckles are blending in better, not standing out as much.

I look at her the only thought running through my head is how beautiful she is. The only voice I hear is the whispering of the cold barren wind. The only soul I feel is mine and hers entwined, to make one.

I wrap my arms around her body. Partially to keep her warm and partially to let her know that she is alive, and that I saved her. To let me know that she is alive and not sinking downward into the lake to join the merpeople.

There has to be something more I can do to show her, tell her that she is alive and that this is real. So I do the only thing I can think of, I lean in towards her. Closer and hold her tighter. I place one of my hands in her hair smell the strawberry smell of her shampoo in her hair.

Then our lips meet . . .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
(Back to Ginny's POV)

(Wake me up)

Wake me up inside

(I can't wake up)

Wake me up inside

(Save me)

call my name and save me from the dark

(Wake me up)

bid my blood to run

(I can't wake up)

before I come undone

(Save me)

save me from the nothing I've become

I feel the arms of my savior grasp me tight and pull me up. The air hitting my face hard and sending a chill of cold running down my spine. My eyes are still closed and my lungs still filled with water.

I feel someone's hands press hard on my chest and the water flies out of my lungs and into the air. I feel my eyelids fly open and light and color hit them. I take deep breaths and arms around me. I look to my savior and my heart, which is beating rapidly, almost stops.

It's Harry. The boy I love. The boy I dream about at night. The boy I had just wished moments ago to save me. My savior Harry. I must be dreaming. I must be either dreaming or I am dead, either one of the two, because this could not and cannot be real.

His arms that hold me go tighter around my body. I feel a sharp quick pain as his arms trail over one of my old bruises. Wait! Pain, that means I'm alive and not dreaming. My heart goes back to beating rapidly and my eyes begin to fill with happiness and joy.

But yet I'm not sure. This yet could be a dream and the old saying that you don't feel pain in a dream could be a lie. Harry is coming closer to me. His arms growing tighter, but I don't mind. Both our faces close.

Then I feel his lips cover mine . . .

(Bring me to life)

I've been living a lie, there's nothing inside

(Bring me to life)

As I feel our lips touch a shock runs through me. Bringing me to life. The lie that was my life crumbles around me as his tongue enters my mouth. His kiss filling my empty heart with love and passion and lust.

I think as his lips stray from mine,' Bring me to life Harry Potter. Keep me alive. . ."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~
So, here it is! What did you think of it? Oh, and keep in mind, I wrote this before OotP! Please tell me what you think of it in a review! :D
Reviews 9
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear