Search:

SIYE Time:10:54 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


How Can You Save Me?
By AureliaWeasley

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:All
Genres: Angst, Drama, Fluff
Warnings: Dark Fiction, Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 5
Summary: During a fight with the Death Eaters, Ginny is captured. When she is saved, she's not herself. Can Harry save her from the darkness within?
Hitcount: Story Total: 5554



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
This is just a oneshot that I wrote. It's kind angsty but fluffy at the same time.

In regards to my other fic You and Me, I'm kind of taking a hiatus from it. It's not really going the way I wanted it to, and until it does I won't be writing anymore chapters.

Please read and review!




ChapterPrinter





How Can You Save Me?
By: AureliaWeasley





The girl looks out the window, a tear making its way down her face. The sky is dark and stormy, just like her thoughts. A war is raging in the outside world, but there’s also a war raging inside her.

A voice makes its way into her head. It speaks terrible words; words of sorrow, of tears, of pain… of death. She pounds her fist into the side of her head, causing stars to appear, but the Voice does not leave.

The Voice speaks again. It beckons to her, whispering sweet nothings. It offers her things she could only hope for in her wildest dreams. She sees what her life could be like, if she gave in. Then the Voice slips and she realizes that it’s all a lie.

LEAVE ME ALONE she screams, tears pouring down her face. The Voice cackles, laughing and mocking her.

You are alone.

* * *

“Ginny, Harry’s waiting for you.”

Ginny looked up from the map laid across the table to find Hermione at her door. She nodded in acknowledgment but turned back to the map.

“Did you hear me? Harry’s waiting for you.” Hermione repeated.

“Yes I heard you. But if Harry wants to talk to me, he can come here.” Hermione scowled at her then retreated to go and find Harry. Ginny had been so testy lately.

A few minutes later Ginny looked up at the sound of approaching footsteps and saw Harry enter the room. She looked at Harry for a second, then blushed and looked down.

“Well, Ginny. Seems like you’re avoiding me.” Harry said, grinning at her. Ginny felt her stomach flip over at his smile. She gave him a cheeky grin and played innocent.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about. I was just too busy to come talk to you.” Ginny replied. Harry smirked at her, raising his eyebrows in mock question.

“I see.” Harry said, looking away for a second. “Anyways, on to serious stuff. Voldemort’s troops will be near Hogsmeade by nightfall. We’ll be heading out soon, so can you keep trying to figure out this map when we’re gone?”

Ginny slowly narrowed her eyes.

“I thought we discussed this already.” She said quietly. Harry jumped slightly at the icy tone of her voice.

“Ginny, you are not coming with us.” He said wearily.

“You can’t stop me.”

“I don’t want you getting hurt!” Harry replied, his voice slowly getting angrier as well.

“I’m not going to get hurt! I’ve proven that I can survive in these situations.” Ginny shouted.

“But what if you do get hurt? How can I save you then?” Harry shouted back.

“I’m not yours to save!” Ginny yelled. Harry turned around slowly and made his way to the door. Before he closed it he turned his head and surveyed Ginny.

“You’re right; you’re not mine to save.”

* * *

You’re not mine to save. The words replay through her head day and night, mostly because the Voice makes them.

See, the Voice says, he will never love you.

Darkness surrounds her, day and night. She lies in bed, the Voice beckoning her to the dark. Sometimes she contemplates it. It’s easier then living through this hell, trying to fight the battle for her soul.

* * *

Ginny slowly went down the stairs, wringing her hands. When she reached the bottom of the stairs, she slowly looked around the room, looking for Harry. She found him sitting in front of the fire, in his favorite armchair. She walked slowly to it, not wanting to startle him.

“Ginny, I don’t want to argue anymore.” Harry said, before she reached the chair. Ginny looked up and saw that he had been watching her approach.

“I’m not here to argue, I’m here to apologize.” Ginny said meekly. “What I said wasn’t very nice. I just feel like you treat me like a baby when I’m more then capable of standing alone.

“I know you’re capable of standing alone, I just worry about you. I’d never forgive myself if something happened to you.” Harry said quietly.

“That’s the thing Harry, nothings going to happen to me.” Ginny said, straightening her back and lifting her head. Harry looked her up and down before nodding.

“Ok, you can come with us.” Ginny smiled before jumping up and down and leaping on Harry.

“Thank you! I’m not going to let you down, I’m going to take down more Death Eaters then you and Ron combined!” she shouted gleefully, giving Harry a tight hug. Harry laughed, the sound muffled by her hair. Ginny felt his arms tightening around her. He held her close for several long moments before she cleared her throat and he seemed to realize what he was doing.

“Oh, um sorry.” He looked away quickly, Ginny muffled a giggle. “Go get ready; we leave in half an hour.

Ginny bounded up the stairs. She had her wand ready on her bedside table. She grabbed it and looked into the mirror above her dresser. She looked excited, but underneath that, there was a look of fear. They were going out to fight Voldemort and the Death Eaters, who knew what would happen. She knew that she had told Harry that nothing would happen, but how could she be sure? She didn’t have the gift of Foresight.

Suddenly things seemed more serious. Would she ever be in this room again, getting ready to snuggle down in her bed? Would she ever gaze at her reflection in the mirror again?

She shook her head, these thoughts were silly. The light side was strong, they would win for sure. Besides, good always conquers evil. With that, she nodded her head and strode confidently out of her room, shutting the door behind her.

She raced down the stairs and collided with Ron at the bottom.

“Whoa there Ginny. What are you doing? You’re not coming.” He said.

“Yes I am” She sneered at him. Ron was about to retort when Harry interrupted.

“Ron, she’s coming. No arguing.” Harry said briskly. Ron’s face reddened but he didn’t say anything else.

Harry beckoned them to follow him and they all climbed through the portrait hole. The halls of Hogwarts were empty. The school had been shut down after numerous Death Eater attacks. The Order had been using it as their meeting place ever since.

They reached the Entrance Hall to find a small group of people, clustered in a circle.

“All right there?” Kingsley Shacklebolt asked. The four of them nodded at him.

Ginny looked around. Most of the order was there, minus her mother, who was still at home at the Burrow. Neville Longbottom, Luna Lovegood, Fred, George, Bill, Fleur, Tonks, Lupin, Mad-Eye Moody, McGonagall, Snape and Dumbledore were all among the many present.

“Listen closely everyone. Lupin and Tonks, I want you to go ahead and scout out Hogwarts. You may have trouble finding our enemy, but they are there. Send back a sign when you know what’s going on.” Dumbledore said calmly. Tonks and Lupin nodded and both hurried out the door. Ginny could see them through the window. When they reached the gate, they both Disapparated.

“And now we wait.” Dumbledore said. He began pacing, briefly stopping to talk to McGonagall and Bill.

Ginny felt her stomach turning. She’d never been this nervous before. Harry seemed to notice, as he gave her a reassuring smile.

Just then, a huge transparent animal gave barging through the doors. Lupin and Tonks were in place and had spotted the enemy.

“Follow me.” Dumbledore said quietly, motioning the group forwards. They followed him out down the lane and when they reached the gates he halted.

“We’re going to be Apparating to the Hogs Head. Ginny and Luna, you are going to have to Side-Along with someone. We will wait until we are regrouped before proceeding into the streets of Hogsmeade.

Quickly Harry grabbed her arm and pulled her close.

“This is going to feel weird, ok?” Ginny nodded briskly, breathing in air before she felt a tightening surround her. It felt as if a giant hand had wrapped itself around her and was squeezing the life out of her. All of the sudden, it was over. She looked around her and saw they were inside the dingy front room of the Hogs Head. They seemed to have been the last to arrive.

“Everyone here?” McGonagall called out. Everyone nodded.

“They know we are here. Seems that they spotted Tonks’ hair.” Dumbledore said, a small smile forming on his mouth. “We’ve all rehearsed this; we know where to go and what to do. Good luck to all.”

Harry grabbed Ginny’s hand and tugged her out the door. He raised his finger to his lips to tell her to be quiet. Ginny, Ron and Hermione all trailed after Harry, who was sneaking in between buildings. He motioned for them to crouch down.

“We’re supposed to try and make our way to the Three Broomsticks. Lupin should be there.” Harry said quietly. The three of them nodded and turned to go. All of the sudden a blast erupted above them and a chunk of the wall came crashing down.

“RUN!” Harry bellowed. He streaked off down the road, Ginny tore after him. She could feel more spells being fired after them. She heard a shriek behind her and stopped to see what it was. Five Death Eaters were following them, and Hermione was lying on the ground, grabbing her ankle.

She sprinted over to Hermione and tried to drag her away. She saw Ron and Harry rush by and put themselves between her and the Death Eaters.

“Get her out here, Ginny!” Ron shouted, shooting off curses. Ginny struggled even harder to pull Hermione.

Just then, something sharp hit her shoulder and she let go of Hermione with a shriek of pain. Three Death Eaters had surrounded the girls. Ginny quickly raised her wand and fired spell after spell at them. They merely ducked out of the way. Without her shoulder, she was useless. She looked desperately around and saw that Ron and Harry had finished off their Death Eaters and were running over towards them.

Just as she about to look back, someone grabbed her roughly. Ginny looked up, the last thing she saw was Harry sprinting towards her, with a horrified expression on his face. With a pop, Harry disappeared.

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO” Harry screamed pain in his voice. Out of nowhere Dumbledore, Lupin and Mad-Eye popped up.

“Harry, what’s happened?” Lupin asked hurriedly.

“They got Ginny.”

* * *
Ginny came to in a dark, dank room. She looked around and saw that she was not alone. Wormtail was watching her, waiting for her to awake.

“Good. I’ll let my Lord know that you’re awake.” Wormtail said, with a disgusting smile which showed his yellow teeth. He left the room, leaving Ginny alone.

She’d been abducted by the Death Eaters. She was so incredibly stupid; she had even promised Harry that nothing was going to happen.

Just then the door shot open. Ginny backed away to the farthest corner. She felt her stomach dropping when Voldemort entered the room.

“Hello Ginevra.” Voldemort said, her name sounding like venom on his lips. “How nice of you to agree to come and visit me.”

When Ginny didn’t respond, he shut the door behind him.

“Playing quiet are we? From what I know about you, being quiet doesn’t come easy to you.” Voldemort said, sneering at her.

“What do you want with me?” Ginny asked, fear rank in her voice.

“Ah, that’s better. Well, it has come to my attention that Potter feels more then brotherly love towards you. Wouldn’t it be the best form of torture if the one he loved died?”

Ginny was about to answer when she felt something take hold of her. She looked wildly around, but Voldemort was not touching her. Instead, a cruel smile was on his face.

“Poor, sweet Ginny. Harry’s love for you is a mistake.” Voldemort whispered. Ginny had watched his face the entire time, his lips hadn’t moved.

“He can never truly love a blithering fool like you. You’re nothing but a sad, desperate little girl. If you help me, I can offer you happiness and whatever your heart desires.”

Ginny shrieked and hit her head. But it was too late.

Voldemort was inside her head.

Then, blackness.


* * *

She remembers nothing past that point. The next thing, she was waking in the Hospital Wing.

The others had tortured a Death Eater into telling them where she was, they had rescued her. But Voldemort was nowhere to be found.

It didn’t matter; he was inside her thoughts, never leaving.

Her parents and friends had begged and pleaded for her to tell them what happened, but she couldn’t.

They did realize that she wasn’t herself. She was sullen, barely speaking. For some reason, her brown eyes had turned black.

She often wonders why Voldemort hadn’t just killed her outright. Then the Voice answers; killing her slowly gives him more satisfaction and causes Harry more pain.

It’s true. Whenever Harry visits, he leaves wiping away tears. She feels nothing when she sees this. She can’t feel emotions anymore.

She can’t stand human contact. When Harry tries to hug her, she pulls away.

He says he hears her crying at night, he wonders if she’s having a bad dream. He has no idea.

Today, she goes outside. The wind is whipping her hair around and rain is lashing down on her face. She makes her way to the Lake, watching waves crash against the banks of grass.

Wouldn’t everything be easier if she just walked into the Lake, and didn’t come back out?

That’s a good idea, the Voice says. She can’t stand living anymore, so why not just end it now.

She’s about to take a step when someone grabs her wrist. She pulls it away and looks up. It’s Harry.

“Leave me alone, Harry.” She says.

“I know what’s going on.” He replies. She stays quiet. “Voldemort’s in your head, isn’t he?”

She doesn’t nod. Instead she looks away.

“You’re not yourself.” Harry says. “You’re not the girl I fell in love with.”

He doesn’t love you, he never will, the Voice whispers.

“I fell in a love with a girl who never stopped smiling, who knew how to have fun, who always spoke her mind and never let me baby her.” Harry says, reaching for her wrist again. This time she doesn’t let go.

An image forms in her mind, she and Harry are sitting on their brooms having a race. They’re neck and neck and Harry’s looking at her longingly. She’s laughing, something she hasn’t done in forever.

That’s not real, the Voice says. Yes it is, she responds. She can remember that moment. It was during the spring.

Harry is slowly surveying her.

“Let me save you.”

She feels tears pouring from her eyes. She lets out a sob.

“How can you save me?” she asks.

“Like this, Ginny.”

Harry grabs Ginny’s hand and pulls her close. He slowly leans down and kisses her.

The Voice screams, then…nothing. It was gone.

Ginny let herself be saved.
Reviews 5
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear