Search:

SIYE Time:19:00 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry's Christmas Tree
By bizkitprinzess

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 21
Summary: Decorating an evil Christmas tree brings on a lovely conversation.
Hitcount: Story Total: 4615







ChapterPrinter


A/N: Short sweet H/G fluff for Christmas. Written quickly in a burst of uncharacteristic Holiday cheer. Happy Holidays :).





Harry Potter’s first Christmas as a homeowner was destined to be catastrophic from the beginning. First of all, when he and Ron had put the Christmas tree in, it had fallen over- repeatedly. Then once the tree was up Ginny had fallen off the ladder trying to put the star on the top (Harry had luckily caught her). Then the Christmas tree lights wouldn’t work, Hermione had finally gotten so frustrated with them she started cursing them loudly, to which Ron had asked her “Are you a witch or not Hermione?” to which she’d charmed them to work. Three hours latter the group of friends emerged from their battle with the Christmas tree, slightly victorious.

“It looks crooked…” Hermione inquired cautiously.

“It’s staying crooked.” Harry replied promptly, with frustration.

“ It gives it character.” Ginny said, attempting to calm him.

“Hermione lets go-“ Ron said putting his scarf on “before something else goes wrong with the blasted tree.”

“Nothing else is going to go wrong with it!” Harry argued while Hermione put on her coat.

“If you say so. See you later.” Hermione said and aparated out.

“Night mate.” Ron said and followed her. Harry and Ginny returned their gaze to the tree.

“It’s beautiful Harry.”

“Thank you.” Harry replied, but Ginny wasn’t finished.

“Even though it’s possibly the most evil tree on this planet. You seem to attract evil things though.”

“Gee Thanks Gin.” Harry replied dryly.

“Seriously, First it was Voldermort and his death eater cronies and now it’s this tree.” She paused. “Maybe you should put a freezing charm on it, just in case it decides to fall over in the middle of the night. Maybe a cushioning charm on the floor too.”

“If I attract evil, does that mean your evil? I sure attract you.”

“That has nothing to do with me being evil, and everything to do with you being Harry.”

“How can I be so sure? If I’m a magnet for evil, how do I know you’re not a dark lord in disguise?”

“Dark lord’s don’t tend to have red hair.”

“They don’t?”

“It’s in the dark lord hand book, second requirement- must not have red hair. Big bold lettering and everything.”

“I guess that eliminates that career path.”

“Yeah, really pissed me off. Being evil looks like so much fun.”

“Yes, all that angry yelling and being thwarted looks very good for the blood pressure.” Harry answered, finally giving into laughter. “You know you are a little bit evil?”

“Am I?” Ginny asked with a laugh. “How?”

“You’re a bloody tease!” He exclaimed, earning him a good punch to the gut.

“Harry James Potter I am not!”

“Yes you are, and it’s one of the reasons I happen to love you so much.” He answered, regaining his breath.

“How much?” She inquired.

“That much.” He answered holding his fingers a centimeter apart.

“Sure it’s not this much?” Ginny asked extending her arms to their entire expanse and then letting them drop back to her sides.

“Maybe this much.” Harry said doing the same thing with his slightly longer arms, then wrapping them around her- hugging her tight.

“Good, I’d hate to think I was under appreciated.” She mumbled into his chest.

“Never.” He said, kissing the top of her head. They stayed like that happily, starring at the Christmas tree thinking, separate and similar thoughts. “Gin, how long have we been dating?”

“A while.” She said sneakily, still into his chest.

“I was wonder, if maybe you’d mind turning that ‘a while’ in to a long time.”

“Harry?” she question, shifting to look him in the eyes.

“Maybe forever?” He suggested.

“Seriously?”

“Happy Christmas Ginny.” He replied pulling a simple ring out of his pocket and putting it on her one finger.

“Wrong finger Harry.” She said helping him slip it onto the right one.

“Is that a yes?” He asked, slightly nervous. She smiled up at him.

“Happy Christmas Harry.”





The End.
Reviews 21
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear