Search:

SIYE Time:21:14 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Reassurances
By harrysgirlhogwarts

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:None
Genres: Fluff, Romance
Warnings: Extreme Language
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 25
Summary: A little scene that I just had to write. Ginny wants to know if what her and Harry have is real. So she pays him a visit the night of "the Kiss".
Hitcount: Story Total: 5840



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
Although I wish I did, I don't own HP, JKR does. Lucky girl! No profit or infringement intended blah,blah,blah. You get it. This is just for fun folks! This is for Leigh Ann who made sure that all the I's were dotted and the T's were crossed and for making sure all that pesky grammer was correct. Thank you luvvie! Oh and for telling me it wasn't a stupid idea to submit my little story!




ChapterPrinter


Reassurances
By: Melissa Wilson

Ginny couldn’t take it anymore. She had to go to him. Had to make sure this was real, and she wasn’t going mad. She actually got as far as throwing off the duvet and pulling back the crimson bed hangings when she realized what it would actually entail to go to Harry. Surely, she couldn’t just go traipsing into the boys’ dorm in the middle of the night to…To do what exactly? What did she think she would actually do when she got there? Climb into his bed? She snorted at the thought of Ron’s expression should he chance to wake. A scene of violent hexes and outraged stuttering, that’s what, she thought. And she didn’t particularly fancy seeing Dean’s face either. But still, the thought of seeing Harry, to see if what happened today was real or just a product of Gryffindor winning the Cup, wouldn‘t leave her.

She thought back to the walk they took after “the Kiss” and blushed at how she had blushed when they were finally alone. But she was pleased to note, Harry had blushed more. She grinned, happily remembering how his Quidditch roughened hand had gently grasped hers, and how after walking to a large tree not far from Hagrid’s hut, he had kissed her again. Their conversation over the match was punctuated with kisses–tentative at first, then bolder as Harry became more comfortable.

She smiled as she remembered his eyes behind his glasses, so bright and animated as she did a play by play of the match for him. The conversation didn’t progress to anything more serious. There were no confessions of love and no nervous, “So are you my girlfriend, then?”

Again the doubts rose. Was he lying awake in his room now wishing he hadn’t spent those hours with her? Trying to find a so very sweet Harry-type way of gently telling her it had all been a mistake? Ginny shuddered at the thought. After having just a bit of a taste of what life could be like with Harry, how could she give that up?

Well, Ginny thought to herself, I wouldn’t give it all over that easily. She sat a moment longer and then threw back the duvet. Right! I’m doing this, and Ron and Dean can just sod off if they catch me!

She silently got out of the four-poster, taking her wand with her. She glanced around at the drawn hangings of her roommates and heard nothing but soft, even breathing. Moving soundlessly to the heavy oak door, she pulled it open enough to slip through. She made her way into the semi-darkness of the common room. The fire was long out, and the only light was from the pale half-moon that shone through the wavy glass of the window between the dormitory stairs. She stood shivering at the bottom of the boys’ staircase. The winding stone stairs seemed to go on forever, and she once again doubted her decision to do this.

“Stop it Weasley! Just walk up those bloody stairs and wake him and demand to know what exactly this means! He may not even be asleep! He may be lying there thinking on things too, so you could be helping him out. Stop it! Stop talking to your sodding self and go!” She realized she was rambling.

Ginny ran up the steps to the boys’ dorms and made her way swiftly down the corridor. She found the door marked 6th years and stopped to calm her breathing. What would happen if one of the others awoke and found her there in the room? What if it‘s Ron? Well, we can handle Ron, she told the niggling little voice in her head. Yes, the voice said smugly, but what if Harry sleeps in naught but his skivvies? Can you handle that Ginevra?
At that thought, Ginny stopped. That had honestly never crossed her mind. All right, maybe once or 500 times, if she was being completely honest. Then another alarming thought entered her head…What if he slept starkers? A hot blush filled her cheeks at the thought of a completely naked Harry sleeping on the other side of the door. You’d like that, wouldn’t you? Tsk-tsk, you naughty girl, said that little voice. He wouldn’t, she told herself. Not with roommates. Shaking off that diverting notion, she slowly turned the handle of the door.

The curtains of the circular room were wide open, and the weak moonlight filled the room. Since all of the other bed hangings were closed, she hoped she could get away with this. She slipped softly into the room and stood looking around for a moment. Everything was so similar to her room and yet so different. Boys, she decided, are universally messy. Towels, clothing, shoes littered the room, which smelled decidedly male. It was a combination of leftover food, aftershave, wool uniforms and spicy soap. She stood still a moment longer to make sure that the closing of the door had not disturbed the occupants of the room. Ginny knew that Harry’s bed was on the left side of the window. She crept toward the bed, her heart pounding, and slowly pulled back the bed curtain.

Ginny looked down at the sleeping Harry. He was lying on his back with his hands under his head. His mouth was slightly open, and his hair was sticking out all over. He looks different without his glasses, she thought.

She stood there taking in the sight of his leanly muscled torso. There was a smattering of dark hair on his chest and under his arms. Ginny pulled the curtain aside even more, and the moonlight caught Harry’s face, making him turn away as the light cast shadows on his face. As his hand moved over his face, Ginny froze.
……….

Harry moved a hand over his face as the moonlight unexpectedly shone down on him. He remembered closing the curtains of his bed, so how was the moonlight coming in? He blinked his eyes open and saw a small figure in white. At first, he thought it was one of the castle ghosts until he saw the mass of red hair.

“Ginny?’ he croaked quietly. She nodded slightly, and he fumbled on the bedside table for his glasses. He rose up on one arm and looked at her. She was wearing a long white nightdress not unlike the one he had seen her in the day he arrived at the Burrow in his second year. He remembered a tiny girl who squeaked and ran from the room. Only this time she was no 11-year-old girl. The moonlight made the nightdress slightly transparent, and he could faintly make out a very womanly figure.

“Are you alright?” he whispered franticly. “Has something happened? Hermione–”

“No, nothing like that. I-I needed to speak to you about…no one is hurt or anything I just wa-wanted to speak with you…not so very important now…so stupid for…shouldn’t have done this now…what was I thinking?” she babbled, when a great snore from one of the beds cut her off.

Harry knew that snore, and he put his hand on Ginny’s mouth and pulled her quickly into his bed. As he started to close the curtain, Ron gave another loud snore and said, quite clearly, “Oi! Hermione give us a kiss. Lovely yes, Hogwarts a History …would you like to have chocolate frogs for luncheon?” The bedsprings creaked as Ron rolled over and resumed his snoring.

Harry motioned for Ginny to remain silent while he reached over her and grabbed his wand from the bedside table. He pointed at the each of the curtained beds and muttered “Muffilato.” He used his wand to light one of the candles that were attached to each of the four posts of his bed. He turned then and looked at Ginny.

In the bit of light given off, he could see that she was nervous. She wouldn’t look him in the eye and bit on her lower lip in a way that made him want to do it for her. She was sitting beside of him, the arm he had used to pull her into his bed still around her waist. She didn’t move away from it.

“Ginny–not that I’m not happy to see you–but what are you doing here? Are you sure you’re all right and nothing has happened?” he asked with concern.

“Everything’s fine. I just wanted to talk to you about something,” she said sheepishly. “And now I realize that it could have waited till morning when everyone was up and we were both dressed.” She stole a quick glance at his bare chest.

Harry glanced down and saw that the duvet had fallen away to reveal his chest and stomach. He quickly checked to make sure that nothing else was exposed, as all he wore were pyjama bottoms. Ginny was now looking at him with a mischevious grin and obvious pleasure on her face. He felt his own face redden slightly.

“Do you have anything on underneath there, Mr. Potter? Or should I watch where I put my feet? Because I’m freezing, and you’re hogging all the blankets,” she asked wickedly.

Harry looked at her for a moment, his eyes unblinking. He felt the creature that came out only around Ginny purr at the thought of her under his blanket with him. He knew he should take her down to the common room and light a large, bright fire, but the desire to lay here in this little crimson coloured room created by the hangings of his bed was too great.

“Budge up and I’ll pull them out so you can get in.”

Ginny tugged the long nightdress up her legs to her knees and lifted her hips so Harry could pull the blanket back. As she did this, the nightdress tightened across the front of her body, moulding to every curve. Harry swallowed hard several times and watched her snuggle under the warm blanket.

He turned and put a pillow under her head, along with his arm, and pulled her close. The flowery smell that was hers floated around him as she pushed back her hair and let it fall over his arm and onto the pillow. She turned towards him slightly and rested her hand on his chest. His muscles contracted at the intimate contact of her small hand on his bare flesh. They lay there a few minutes before she finally spoke.

“I guess you want to know why I’m here.”

“You mean it’s not just for this? Because I’m perfectly happy if we stay here like this all night,” he said. She giggled and looked at him.

“I came here because I–” she faltered for a moment before finding the courage to go on. “I wanted to know if you really wanted this or if it was because of the match and all the excitement.” She said this softly, as if not really wanting to know the answer.

Harry lifted up her chin and looked into her face. Her eyes were downcast, and he watched the candlelight flicker across her face.

“Ginny,” he said quietly, “look at me. I wanted this to happen before the stupid match. I wanted this from the time Ron and I caught you and Dean behind the tapestry. I think I’ve wanted it for much longer, only I was too stupid to see it. I really like you, Ginny. Really, I do.”

Ginny smiled and said with deceptive sweetness, “Good thing, Potter. Otherwise, I would’ve had to hex you into next week. You‘ll remember the Bat-Bogey hex, of course?”

Harry looked at her for a moment, then with lightening speed flipped her over and pinned her to the bed, holding both wrists in one hand and tickling her with the other. She laughed and squirmed, trying to get away, and he only stopped when she pleaded for air.

He let go of her wrists, moved up on one elbow, and stared at her. She was so right for him. He knew that now. How had he missed it for so long? Not wanting to waste any more time, he dipped his head to hers for a kiss.Ginny gave herself up to the kiss. His lips were soft at first, and then he quickly deepened the kiss. She placed her hands on his arms and felt the muscles quiver as he supported his weight. She moaned in his mouth as she pulled him down. She wanted to feel his weight on top of her. Harry settled his chest against hers and felt her sigh in contentment.

They slowly pulled away and looked at each other. Both were smiling. Ginny raised her head, brought her lips to his once again, and demanded more. Harry willing met her and kissed her thoroughly. They were both panting as they separated again. Harry knew he should tell her that this might not be a good idea, that maybe they were going too far too fast by laying in his bed, snogging. But, she felt much too good to have her leave.
He pulled her to his chest again and felt her wiggle around to get more comfortable. She turned over so that she could fit her back against his chest. She slid closer, and the nightdress came up even farther. Harry could feel the softness of her thigh under his hand, and a stirring that he should not, no could not, be feeling with her here, arose. What would she think of him?

Ginny stopped moving when she felt him stiffen against her thighs. She was surprised that just laying against him would cause that. “I guess I got my answer, didn’t I?” she giggled.

Harry didn’t know what to say. She had–without any trace of embarrassment–hinted at his condition and actually found it amusing. He started to pull away from her when she pulled his arm tighter around her.

“Don’t worry, Harry, I have six brothers. I do know a thing or two about male anatomy,” she said with amusement. “And we girls talk too, you know.”

Harry gaped at her. “What do you talk about?”

“I’m sure many of the same things you blokes do. Only I’m sure we don’t use the same terms and such. And besides, I’ve had other boyfriends, Harry, you know that,” she said innocently.

Harry tensed. The thought of Ginny lying in bed with Michael or Dean like this made him want to go over and pull Dean out of his bed by his hair and beat him to a bloody pulp.

“I’m teasing Harry! I’ve never snuck into anyone’s bed before tonight. I’ve never even wanted to.” She turned over and looked at him. She was studying him intently as if she was searching for something.

“Why are you looking at me like that? Have my glasses gone wonky or something?” Harry asked, as he brought his hand up to his face.

“It’s just that, for so long I’ve had to sneak looks at you when you weren’t were looking, it’s nice that I can finally look at you as much as I like without you thinking I’m crazy.”

“Do you like what you see?” he asked tentatively.

“Of course I do, you silly prat,” she said laughingly. “You know, you really do look like your dad.”

“Except for the eyes. Everyone says that.” He looked at her questioningly. “Where did you see a picture of my dad?”

She hesitated before answering. “At Grimauld Place. It was a few nights before your hearing, and I couldn’t sleep, so I went down to the kitchen. Sirius was sitting at the table drinking a good deal too much Firewhiskey and looking through old pictures of him and Professor Lupin at your parents’ wedding.” She sat up a little and continued, “I came in, and he was just sitting there sort of laughing and crying at the pictures. I started to leave when he told me to join him, and then he pushed the album towards me and said, ‘Here you go, Ginny, that’s what you and Harry will look like on your wedding day.’ Ginny stopped suddenly and looked over at Harry.

Harry saw the look on her face and knew that she was afraid of what she had just said. Of mentioning Sirius. Though his stomach dropped a little at hearing his name, Harry could see why Sirius had said that. Ginny did look a little like his mother.

“I’m sure he was joking, Harry. I’m sure it was just because you look so much like your dad and since I have red hair and everything…” she stammered, as if searching for an excuse.

Harry reassured her, “It’s alright, Ginny. I’d like to hear. Besides, I know that you aren’t proposing or anything. What else did he say?”

“About us or your parents?”

“Both.”

“Well, when he said the bit about us, I kind of laughed it off and said something like, ‘Don’t be a prat, Sirius, Harry and I are just friends.’ He shook his head and laughed and said, ‘Ahh yes, but you fancy him, don’t you?’ and I said, ‘Of course not.’ He said, ‘Well, if that blush is any indication, then I know that you do, so there’s no need for you to deny it,’ and then he told me not to worry, that you would one day get your head out of your arse and come to your senses about the whole thing and realize just what you were missing.”

Harry sat there, dumbfounded. Sirius had known how he felt about Ginny? HOW? That had been long before he even had an inkling. How had Sirius known that even then?

Ginny must have read his mind, and she said, “I don’t how he came to that conclusion. Maybe…maybe he wanted this to happen. To remind him of your parents. And to see you happy, of course!” She paused and then said softly, “He loved them both very much. Your parents. And I guess seeing the two of us in the same house made him think of it. You have to admit, the similarities are astounding.”

“What else did he say about them? About the day they got married?” Harry asked eagerly.

“He said that he had never seen two people who loved each other more than they did. He showed me the album then and told me all about how they fell in love seventh year. How your dad had been mad about her almost from the first day they met. He told me that your dad was so nervous that day that he and Professor Lupin thought he would faint dead away. But the pictures just show him straightening his robes over and over and ruffling up his hair and grinning like mad.” She paused. “You have his grin, too, Harry. I can see how your mum fell for him,” she said. She giggled. “Although, Sirius was quite dishy himself.”

Harry laughed and asked, “Did you tell him that?”

“Of course! He grinned and said he was the best looking bloke in the whole of Hogwarts history.” She laughed at the memory.

“They all looked so young and happy in those pictures, and your mum was just beautiful, Harry. My favourite was one of your parents standing on a little hill in the sunset just looking at each other. Sirius said that he snapped that picture just before they left. She had on a lovely set of white robes and flowers in her hair. She was looking at your dad as if no one else in the world existed.” In the dim light, Harry could see that her eyes were bright.

He wished he could have seen that look. “But how did Sirius know that this would happen?” he said, more to himself than to Ginny.

“I don’t know. All I remember is that he said something about how much like your dad you are and that you would undoubtedly fall for a redhead, too. He also told me not to worry too much about you and Cho. That she would never suite you.” She said smugly, “Only redheads with tempers can put Potter men in their place is what he said.”

Harry gaped at her, “You told him about Cho?”

“Yes. I told him about how I had wanted you to ask me to the ball sooo bad, then you went and asked Cho and how she said no and you were really disappointed and then how Ron had suggested that you take me, but that I had to say no because I was already going with Neville and how I wanted to say yes, but I just couldn’t hurt Neville’s feelings. Sirius said, ‘Good for you, Ginny. Don‘t wait around for him. He doesn‘t deserve you right now. But don‘t worry, he will.’”

Harry opened and closed his mouth several times to protest, but then he stopped. He knew Sirius had been right. If he had gone with Ginny, he wouldn’t have appreciated her then. He had been too preoccupied with Cho. How he wished Sirius could see them now. Harry knew that he would have been pleased.

“Do you know where the album is now?”

Ginny hesitated, looking slightly uncomfortable. “Yes, I have it. Sirius made me promise that if anything happened to him that I would keep the album and give it to you when I felt that the time was right. When you wouldn’t hurt so much looking at it, he said. I’ve wanted to give it to you, but I couldn’t find the right way to tell you about it. I’m so sorry, Harry. I should have given it to you long ago.”

“It’s alright, Ginny. You can give it to me tomorrow. Or today rather.”

“I guess it is late. Do you want me to leave, Harry? Am I keeping you awake?” She started to pull the blankets back. and Harry stopped her.

“No, not yet. Stay with me awhile longer.” Harry pulled her close and felt her sigh as she settled into him. He wondered if his parents had done this. He placed a kiss on the top of her head, and she looked up.

All thoughts of his parents and Sirius went out of his head when he looked at her. She was still small, but she was no longer a child. And while she was not beautiful in that slightly exotic way that Cho was beautiful, nor did she have the ethereal perfection that Fleur had been blessed with, she was lovely. Her eyes were a deep shade of brown and had long lashes. Her skin was pale, and there was a smattering of freckles across the small bump of her upturned nose. Her hair was gorgeous. It was long and heavy across his arm, and it wasn’t plain red, but had shades of red, brown and gold all through it. He bent his head towards hers and kissed her softly.
…………………
Ginny pulled him close and pressed against him. Through the thinness of her nightdress, she could feel his muscles and warm skin. Everything was all right! Her heart leapt with joy. Harry wanted this too!

She pulled back and looked at him again. His eyes were darker than their normal bright green, and there was faint stubble on his face. His hair was all over the place, and through his fringe, she could just make out the end of his scar. She frowned a little at the thought of what he had endured and what he had yet to face. But she pushed it quickly from her mind. Tonight was not about that. It was about the joy of finally having him.

She wanted to pinch herself to make sure this was real and that she wasn’t dreaming. Only the solid warmth of Harry reassured that it was indeed real. He did care for her! She looked up at him at and wanted so much to give him all the love he deserved. She would have lain like that all night if he hadn’t started to speak.

“What do you see now ,Ginny?’ he asked.

“Just you, Harry. Just you. And that’s enough for me. You are quite handsome, you know.”

“Not so very–”

She pulled a face and said, “Shut it, and just let me have this moment.”

“Yes, Dear,” Harry said with a mock sigh. “But I’d rather be kissing you.”

“Well, I think that we can make that happen, Potter.”

“There are other things I’d like to do to you, too.” he said without thinking. He stopped and looked at her, and to his surprise, she laughed.

“I’m sure there are lots of things I’d like to do to you, also… just not five feet away from my brother,” she said with a saucy grin. “However, if you want to find an unused classroom later….”

“Watch it, or I might take you up on that–Ron or no Ron!” he said with a low growl.

She giggled again and said somewhat shyly, “I really care about you, Harry.”

“I care about you, too, Gin. I just wish–”

She stopped him. “I got my wish, Harry. So just shut it and kiss me.” She wound her arms around his neck and pulled him down to her.

Their kiss deepened, and Harry let his hands linger on her back. He could feel the fine bones and warm skin of her shoulders and arms, and he thought again how right it was that she was here with him. Like he had come home. Like he had found where he should have been all along. They broke apart and lay there together silently.

After awhile Ginny stirred. “I should get back before dawn.”

“That’s hours away. Stay, Ginny. I’ll wake you before dawn so you can get back. I just don’t want you to go yet.”

“I wonder, Harry…do you think you parents did this when they were here?” she asked sleepily.

“I was just thinking the same thing. Knowing my dad, they probably did. LOTS! And I‘d be willing to bet all the gold in Gringotts that Sirius did, too!”

“With loads of girls!” they said simultaneously. After laughing for a few moments, they clung to each other as they fell asleep.

……………………………….
A few moments later, Dumbledore made his way soundlessly into the room and pulled open the curtains. He knew she had come to him, and he had heard the last bit of their conversation. He looked at the sleeping pair curled together so young and happy, so very like another couple, yet so different. He couldn’t help but answer Ginny’s question.

“Oh yes, Miss Weasley, they did indeed. Sirius was right–we all knew that Harry would come to his senses, that you were the only one who could love him the way he needs. Just as Lily loved James. You will help him survive. You will be his reason to go on when things look hopeless. Moreover, I hope you two will be as happy as Lily and James were. I promise to do what I have to do to help you achieve what Lily and James wanted so badly. A peaceful, happy life.” Dumbledore smiled for a moment at the sleeping pair and silently made his way out of the room.

Reviews 25
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear